Aerith

>Aerith
Fucking cowards. Use her real name, Aeris.

Attached: 2019-05-10_12-51-32.png (920x544, 743K)

are you kidding me
I probably won't buy the game if they give her that garbage name

Fuck off BGE

call the tranny whatever the fuck you want idgaf

this, a lot of people who grew up on ff7 won't be buying this game.

what a dumb name. why would anyone prefer this shit over aeris?

Prefer Aeris, and I kinda wish they would go through just making it an option, (I mean come on, there's not going to be a book's worth of lines where they say her name out loud). But I know now her name is Aerith for the remake now so I'll just have to get used to it

Jap purists are so dumb. The devs put zero effort into their names. They literally hear an English name/word/sound, drop or add a syllable, or change some shit around, and pretend it's a name. What the fuck is Aerith supposed to be, a lisp? Japs talk all fucked up I dunno why you'd want to enforce their Engrish standards for dumb kids' games.

You've had 17 years to get used to it.

fuck japan...

Who cares, it's just some dead anime roastie

Attached: learn the dlfference.png (2264x1604, 2.86M)

Or use her REAL name, as written in Japanese: Eris.

Perfection on the left.

Dios mio, el ogro de las americas

Why the name change?

Because Nomura doesn't understand the concept of preserving the original subtlety of the 'earth' reference from the primarily Japanese-constructed name when translating it into English.

Attached: 1449378299648.png (1349x778, 279K)

I wonder if Square-Enix is aware of the still-raging controversy amongst fans over this.

tl;dr Aerith it the real name and some fag made up a load of bullshit to defend his nostalgia.

Who would buy it. FF is overall ass desu.

This desu

Only burgers fight over this, japs don't give a shit and therefore neither does Square Enix.

Attached: pp,840x830-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg (750x1000, 100K)

It's OVER

Attached: btfo.png (584x87, 9K)

I like how you had to shove the ghouls in because remake Aerith by herself looks great and wouldn't reinforce the narrative you're trying to push. Pretty desperate on your part.

I have no fucking idea why people trust the original localizers who were responsible for classic lines such as "This guy are sick."

I think those are supposed to be goblins. I find both versions beautiful.

All those people who say "Nuh-uh! It's Aerith. Officials said so." don't know about Woolseyisms.

meanwhile the Japanese manual in the 1997 Version of the game has her name as Aerith (pic related) and even on the English release the name "Aerith" is written in the code.

>Nomura doesn't understand the concept of preserving the original subtlety of the 'earth' reference from the primarily Japanese-constructed name

Nomura literally created and named the character you mouth breathing autist.

Attached: ffchr.jpg (1200x615, 203K)

And he doesn't understand the concept of preserving the original subtlety of the 'earth' reference from the primarily Japanese-constructed name

>Sephiroth
It's obviously Sephiros.

Keep crying bitch nigga

Attached: early-ffvii-aerith.jpg (469x552, 20K)

Exactly. People will repeat ad-nauseum how the devs had the word 'earth' in mind, but I'm also pretty sure the had not making an ugly-ass sounding name in mind as well.

So Tina is localized to Terra with little ongoing controversy, and Aeris is a better judgment call for localization as well.

Did jap fans even realize the 'earth' connection before THEY were told about it? Then why should it be any more obvious in English? The point of localization is to get our mindset as close as possible to what the original product did for its native audience.

based retarded
there is not many pics of that abomination at the moment so i had to be creative

Aerith isn't just a reference to earth, it was intended to be a mix of Air and Earth which is why she was originally named Ea - rith (Ea = Air in Engrish), it was a word play that referenced both, not a direct reference.

Your headcanon is wrong.

>being an ESL and a liar
Consider suicide.

>Ea

>Barett

Have you even played FFVII with the original PS1 localization? It's really bad. Why in the fuck would you trust the localizer's judgement on anything? The reason Tina/Terra got through is because people give less of a shit about VI and she didn't appear as often in crossovers and extended media like Aerith did.

Gonna need a source on that fren

I just always assumed when I was younger that it was ares because they were going for the God of war title being subverted by a church loving hippie that uses a staff

Retards

im genuinely curious what you fucks even want if the remake's face is ugly to you, it looks like the same fucking face but in HD
did you just want them to stick the low-poly ps1 head on her like a paper-mache mask?

本当の名前はエアリス。外人の糞語を断る。AerithとAerisは偽称だ。

The Japanese name is Aerisu. the translator back then just heard it and said "ok its engrish, she's aeris" But the su is the character ス, which is said as su but represents a Th sound when translated to english.

For instance the last character in Sephiroth's name is also ス. Should he be Sephiros?

Western cucks btfo in one comment

Aerith is raw

Attached: 1556378489706.jpg (525x481, 39K)

contrarian fags

It's like people getting mad about Woosley translations being replaced in the newer versions of old FFs and chrono trigger. It's nothing but an improvement and the only argument anyone has against removing his old "I had 3 weeks to translate this" works is nostalgia.

People who actually grew up on FF7 have known her as Aerith for literally 15 years now. She has been in more than a dozen games since the original, and she's called Aerith in every single one.

>Yeah, back when Episode IV came out I had always planned to name the character Luthe Skywalker, but somebody heard it as Luke and everybody took it as gospel after that. I somehow let the movie get all the way to release without doing anything about it, but I'm glad that now I can finally fix it and we can all agree that his name is Luthe going forward.

Attached: georgelucas-rexfeatures_9960023oc-920x584[1].jpg (920x584, 60K)

Her name is supposed to be a feminine-sounding version of Earth. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this.

Can we skip the basic 101 from now on? Everyone knows this post by heart. It doesn't cut it for the opposition

it's in the ff7 kaitai shinsho but any retard can tell by just looking at her limit breaks
>Healing ''''WIND''''
>Breath of the '''EARTH'''

Fucking weebs.

>Aerith/Aeris model gets extracted from FF7 remake.
>Someone uses that model to make wholesome ASMR videos.
Pls make it happen.

Attached: Aerith.Gainsborough.full.1889930.jpg (900x900, 540K)

It's amazing how hard it is for some people to spell the name Alice.