What's the most aesthetic fighting game?

What's the most aesthetic fighting game?

Attached: tekken 4.jpg (540x763, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nXf1EduoIY4
youtube.com/watch?v=wlSkIzTJ9UY
youtube.com/watch?v=kgf37ERwQMI
youtube.com/watch?v=msZUQkEZKZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=OpQOso5DJCU
youtube.com/watch?v=PS59Kx_48ro
youtube.com/watch?v=pN2mUGvvKvg
youtube.com/watch?v=0vQZlZtX_eg&list=PLD9E863F8A98118F8&index=6
youtube.com/watch?v=3Lrh_mPdUmQ&list=PLD9E863F8A98118F8&index=11
youtube.com/watch?v=46YCByNuaVQ&list=PLD9E863F8A98118F8&index=13
youtube.com/watch?v=UJmSfiR0x_A&list=PLD9E863F8A98118F8&index=19
youtube.com/watch?v=guojEvsWsbo&list=PLD9E863F8A98118F8&index=20
youtube.com/watch?v=4WE15BZW0nw&list=PLD9E863F8A98118F8&index=25
youtube.com/watch?v=3gjp39ZsM4Y
youtube.com/watch?v=KI8oby6NBeg
youtube.com/watch?v=jPQbiHlk6F4
youtube.com/watch?v=eJNNNftkZ4E
youtube.com/watch?v=5owAoNGDn9I
youtube.com/watch?v=RGhkBz2ZANE
youtube.com/watch?v=FwFe8XXmsIM
youtube.com/watch?v=6wshvLyz5kI
youtube.com/watch?v=zBR6AlbvL2o
youtube.com/watch?v=KmmTzhEZzEM
youtube.com/watch?v=aC6Yh7El2WI
youtube.com/watch?v=WlbNgLF8D9s
youtube.com/watch?v=PadODbeRVqk
youtube.com/watch?v=dOcUyUGqOgQ
youtu.be/XRfj1huOVjs
youtu.be/MfLOypUb8PY
youtu.be/nXf1EduoIY4
youtu.be/9LkCgifmEOw
youtu.be/1HHX8v_lZjY
youtube.com/watch?v=y3cFuBcmHaI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Big Bang Beat!

Or... Power Instinct Matrimelee!

Tekken 5 DR

Soul Calibur V and Garou

That one, you know, the one you just posted. Tekken 3 a close second. Early Tekken was so based, I really quite dislike the franchise now.

tekken 4, third strike and gg xxac+r are all up there

You posted it, OP. Tekken 4 is the most aesthetic entry in the fighting game genre. That music, those stages, the character design. It's also my personal favorite TK.

Looked like shit compared to the actual Tekken 5, though I guess it was somewhat impressive on PSP

GG Rev 2, easily.

God, Tekken 4 had so much potential. It has the best tone, aesthetic, and story of the series but it's let down by just below the bar gameplay, not even BAD gameplay, just "not as good".
Shame too, since it had really cool ideas. I LOVED the idea of fighting in areas with elevation differences and dynamic obstacles/walls. Made fights have that raw street fight feel to them and I really dug it, even if shit got cheesy with wall hits. Let's not forget that fucking soundtrack.

youtube.com/watch?v=nXf1EduoIY4
youtube.com/watch?v=wlSkIzTJ9UY
youtube.com/watch?v=kgf37ERwQMI

It might not be the best Tekken, but it's, for sure, my favorite.

Attached: 50127695.jpg (512x288, 28K)

Rage of The Dragons
youtube.com/watch?v=msZUQkEZKZQ

You already posted it, OP. Fuck the new Tekken games for having such a trash anime aesthetic. Tekken 3, Tag 1, and Tekken 4 were amazing and didn't overdo the Japanese campiness.

Tekken is just a rehash series now. No, juggle extenders like bounds and screws are not new content.

Attached: 1549103565811.gif (420x314, 1.53M)

Juggling has ruined Tekken.

God, early Tekken was so fucking Kino. What happened to the soul?
youtube.com/watch?v=OpQOso5DJCU

>Tag 1
Tag 1 looked like hot garbage

Attached: cat.jpg (367x446, 41K)

Darkstalkers

youtube.com/watch?v=PS59Kx_48ro
for me it's either tekken 2 or king of fighters neo wave

Who knows,
youtube.com/watch?v=pN2mUGvvKvg
youtube.com/watch?v=0vQZlZtX_eg&list=PLD9E863F8A98118F8&index=6
youtube.com/watch?v=3Lrh_mPdUmQ&list=PLD9E863F8A98118F8&index=11
youtube.com/watch?v=46YCByNuaVQ&list=PLD9E863F8A98118F8&index=13
youtube.com/watch?v=UJmSfiR0x_A&list=PLD9E863F8A98118F8&index=19
youtube.com/watch?v=guojEvsWsbo&list=PLD9E863F8A98118F8&index=20
youtube.com/watch?v=4WE15BZW0nw&list=PLD9E863F8A98118F8&index=25

Tekken 2 had some of the best themes

No it hasn't. Tekken has always had juggling, and Tekken 1 had full on death combos at full health. What ruined it was a lack of evolution.

They went cold shoulder after Tekken 4's radical changes which should have been perfected instead of thrown away. Tekken 3's changes made it a huge success when compared to Tekken 2, and it's still the foundation of the series.

Tekken 7 is just Tekken 5 grinded into a fine dust. Yeah, it's pretty good, but fuck if it isn't stale.

Graphically? Yes. Aesthetically? No. The Tag 1 home version intro is burned permanently into my mind.

Michael Murray is now producing Tekken, not Harada, so maybe he will spice things up. All my friends don't give a flying fuck about Tekken anymore, because "it hasn't changed or improved by much".

I bought a Honda S2000 because of that intro.

at least tekken 7 is the best mainstream fighter now that street fighter has gone down the shitter

I really wanna like Tekken 7, but I'm just not a fan of comeback mechanics, even though they plague EVERY fighter nowadays.
Lei Wulong is my boy, though. So I've considered getting back in and getting the DLC pack along with it.

>youtube.com/watch?v=nXf1EduoIY4
peak aesthetic

Attached: 54213123454452.jpg (1920x1080, 162K)

yeah rage sucks but at least the fundamentals are still good

Soul Calibur V

>V
>II
youtube.com/watch?v=3gjp39ZsM4Y
youtube.com/watch?v=KI8oby6NBeg
youtube.com/watch?v=jPQbiHlk6F4
youtube.com/watch?v=eJNNNftkZ4E
youtube.com/watch?v=5owAoNGDn9I
youtube.com/watch?v=RGhkBz2ZANE
youtube.com/watch?v=FwFe8XXmsIM

Tekken 2 is the only good Tekken game.
At least the series has good soundtrack.

youtube.com/watch?v=6wshvLyz5kI

Nope. Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection Online is where the series peaked.

Should have posted this
youtube.com/watch?v=zBR6AlbvL2o

>Tekken 2 is the only good Tekken game.
You don't actually believe this

Tekken 6 IMO. Soulcalibur 4 is way up there too.

>At least the series has good soundtrack
Except for 7. What the fuck happened there? The only song that reached anywhere near the highs of the series was that one trailer song.
youtube.com/watch?v=KmmTzhEZzEM
Oh, and the remix of Tekken 5's intro theme.

PIM
youtube.com/watch?v=aC6Yh7El2WI

Attached: pi-s30.jpg (304x224, 22K)

This track would fit perfectly in some RPG, playing while you're navigating through menu. Imagine, say, FFX sphere grid, you're using your levels/nodes to upgrade your characters, and this plays in the background.
That's a great track, I agree.

I just love those ''hype'' track, if you know what I mean. Example below:

youtube.com/watch?v=WlbNgLF8D9s

Attached: 3s.jpg (850x1200, 189K)

Been playing this game for years and I still suck at it. Love Remy!
So, in the end, is G = Q, or...?

Competitive wise yes, but story wise no.

III has the best soundtrack and this is coming from someone who played every SC game except that one.

It really helps that Tekken 4 didn't have any form of character customization whatsoever so it actually was able to have a consistent tone.

We'll probably never know for sure.

Attached: somecornflakes.jpg (1056x715, 38K)

The most aesthetic fighting game is Fatal Fury 3, it is exploding with soul in every aspect from the stages to the character select screen.

Attached: 1457407715749.jpg (1000x700, 118K)

i don't know. they're so different yet so similar

Not Tekken 4 anyway
>Serious Paul
>Nappy Heiachi
>Started Jin's emo phase
>Forgettable music
>English speaking Lee

>People defending T4
It's the worst Tekken game by far.
That's why they worked hard on 5, which is the second best Tekken game and basically a apologize for the shit that was 4.

I dunno how to describe Tekken 2's aesthetic other than arcadey, I love it youtube.com/watch?v=PadODbeRVqk

This, all the praise for 4 is zoomers who grew up with 4 as their first Tekken

Tekken 7
>Crappy Dubstep music
>Attempted murderer Lars
>Streamer Julia
>Good Guy Heihachi
>Completely Evil Kazuya
>Incompetent Eddy Gordo
>Lost Bum Lei Wulong
>Hwoarang losing an eye to a weak bomb.
>Asuka arc is done without finding Feng since Lili is rich.
>Armor King and Murduck fight was not shown despite both appearing as DLC.
>Anna hates Nina for killing her future husband, but no fight is shown with them, and Anna is DLC.

>he plays fighting games for and judges them by the story
God Yea Forums is a bunch of shitters

Ya that's all bullshit to but at least Tekken 7 doesn't play like it's under water

FighterZ looks straight out of the anime. Amazing how it's the dbz game with the best artstyle and yet the roster is so shit.

There was an era where fighting games developers put care and passion in their stories, but now most of them are so bad or evolved into far worst that now dumb people like you judges everything by only and only the gameplay.

>Good Guy Heihachi
What crazy world did you watch. Heihachi has always been selfish just like Kazuya. If you want to be mad, be mad about Jin yet again not doing shit.

Tekken 7 tried to portray to Heihachi into a good guy, which is something stupid.

why do I love the Tekken series and the KOF series so much?
they're legit fun and aesthetic.

Jin's just biding his time.

>Big Bang Beat!
I really hope you aren't being ironic.

Skullgirls easily

They made him sympathetic to a point (That being putting down his wife) If anything it just shed some more light on the devil gene origin. Heihachi repeatedly wanted to get back at Kazuya which is understandable since they are rivaling powers.

Cant wait for Tekken 8 to make Jin great again.

Its a retcon since originally Heihachi throwed Kazuya to test him: youtube.com/watch?v=dOcUyUGqOgQ

By off course killing Kazuya.

remember seeing that promo pic in a magazine thinking damn, this is practically photorealistic, then saw the fingers

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core imo

T5 DR looked like alien technology on the psp

Not this generic AF series

Back then they got away with busted ass games so they had to put more emphasis on story and silly fluff modes. It's not like they could just release some patch and be done with it. I do still agree that Tekken 7 should've had more shit for casuals but the game was in development for years. Hell, the first playable version was released in 2013 or some shit.
It's clear the developing team didn't have the funds it needed, and it's also pretty amazing what that game has turned into. From being nearly dead they managed to make Tekken 7 number one again with hype mechanics and awesome PC port. I hope Bamco gives them more resources for the next game, whenever it comes out. I would settle for a director's cut version too.

Attached: 1549826932205.png (312x392, 108K)

God I love this game despite how broken it is.

I'm curious, what's busted about Tekken 3's gameplay?

Best character.

Attached: Lars_T7.jpg (4000x5120, 719K)

Jin was in a coma for the entire game

tekken is my favorite fighting game and i've been playing it for like 20 years but i've always thought the series has a shitty identity and goofy aesthetic. mortal kombat is cheesy gore and 80s ninjas, street fighter is international warriors duking it out in various international stages, soul calibur is fantasy melee-weapon combat, anime games are anime shit, etc. Tekken is just... Tekken. It doesn't really have an aesthetic. I guess you could say that makes it unique but idk it's just identityless to me, you can add literally any character to the game and they'd fit as a guest. We got Akuma from Street Fighter, Noctis from Final Fantasy, and fucking Negan from the Walking Dead. What's the common theme? Tekken. You have to like Tekken to like its aesthetic.

Well, It gave us Violet, so I guess it's OK in my book

>tfw games nowadays have no soul

Attached: 1544369827709s.jpg (106x125, 2K)

i agree on the dubstep shit.
but story is trash bcs of the cost of the new engine. it was a good decision to focus on the core gameplay.

Or the last blade series

Attached: packshot-f58d99821ff74e20fcb5dedaba2e3512.jpg (500x713, 183K)

I don't see how the new engine messed with the story.

>serious Paul
You a zoomer or something? Paul was serious until 5 when he became Marshal's slapstick buddy

Sure thing bud, it only took to 7 (with DLC too boot) to make people actually interested in Tekken again

>Forgettable music
After 4 the music became forgettable, I only remember 2 songs of 5 and none of the others

>English speaking Lee
it's not like he spoke before, besides if I'm not mistaken this seems to alternate between Violet and Lee in which of the 2 speaks English and which Japanese

what is Harader going to do now? Keep working with VR?

>Sweedish
>Still speaks in Nip despite everyone speaking in their native tongue since 6

Attached: 3456776533567.gif (528x292, 1.95M)

He was portrayed as Law's friend since T2

youtu.be/XRfj1huOVjs

He only was real serious in T 3 and 4 because his porkogie in 4 stated that he defeated Ogre, in that time a very powerful enemy that even killed the first King and Baek, but Baek was like " oh nevermind we regretted killing Baek".

I liked his TTT1 ending where he found Kazuya to fight and he was distracted by Kuma and Kazuya disappeaMaking Paul angry.
Maki
After T4 Paul was a joke and his voice sounds like a at drunken old man like in TTT 2.

>since 6
Dumbass

>mortal kombat is cheesy gore and 80s ninjas
Well it was for the first 2. MK3 was urbanism. MK was a return to Shoalin-esq. The PS2 game are disgustingly early 00's Blade/Daredevil trench coaty. I think MK X's is kind of under rated. A cool blend of gritty military and Weird other worldly for the non Earth realmers. MK 11, all the new and some of the old characters look like generic MOBA characters

Nickleback serious Paul was always even too cheesy for Tekken. I love the lad who can beat up bears and even some ancient death God yet is still over confident and an unaware goof ball
>Paul's Tekken 5 ending will never be canon

Paul
Tekken 1: Stalemated with Kazuya, through its unclear if its still canon or not.
Tekken 2: His friendship with Law is shown, likely defeated Kuma 1.
Tekken 3: Defeats Base Ogre.
Tekken 4: Bad period for him, he loses to Kuma 2.
Tekken 5: He recovered, but is obsessed about being the strongest in the universe.
Tekken 6: Tried to fight Lars, but lost.
Tekken 7: Defeats Panda, but is hated by the crowd which throws various stuff at him and is scared by a thrown sword. Helps Law fight Feng, but escapes once the latter went at full power.

6 and Tag 2 blend in to me. 6 always felt like a terrible beta of Tag 2

Also he might have defeated Kuma 2 in 5.

They've been doing it since 4, only because the characters didn't actually speak before that. Though 4 did have a shitty dub in the cutscenes

He was portrayed as Law's friend since T2

youtu.be/XRfj1huOVjs

He only was real serious in T 3 and 4 because his porkogie in 4 stated that he defeated Ogre, in that time a very powerful enemy that even killed the first King and Baek, but Baek was like " oh nevermind we regretted killing Baek".

I liked his TTT1 ending where he found Kazuya to fight and he was distracted by Kuma and Kazuya disappeaMaking Paul angry.

After T4 Paul was a joke and his voice sounds like a at drunken old man like in TTT 2.

I remember there only being English, Jap and Chinese until Tag 2

Hwoarang spoke Korean

>Shame too, since it had really cool ideas. I LOVED the idea of fighting in areas with elevation differences and dynamic obstacles/walls.
Not a fighting game though.

But smashfags ban all of that shit instantly

Forgettable music my ass
youtu.be/MfLOypUb8PY
youtu.be/nXf1EduoIY4
youtu.be/9LkCgifmEOw
youtu.be/1HHX8v_lZjY

Attached: 1555648307954.gif (498x510, 549K)

OK forgettable is a bit harsh I retract it but I honestly still think other Tekken games have better music

Blame tourney FGC fags bitching and moaning a giant fit when god forbid they try to change the formula

And then they wonder why its a dying niche medium

Attached: teIAxKc.png (960x640, 869K)

>Tekken 4
>Not a fighting game

Post your Tekken 7 main.

Attached: tumblr_oqh3wxJjsh1uq6svio1_500.gif (500x259, 2.27M)

>That's why they worked hard on 5, which is the second best Tekken game and basically a apologize for the shit that was 4.

Omega zoomer detected. Tekken 5 is broken as fuck, boyo. If you think 4 was broken, then 5 has Steve Fox, who has the single most powerful move in the entire franchise which lets him do an infinite death combo. 5 also looks like shit graphically, because like 4, it was also rushed for the Namco System boards in the arcades.

5 is basically where the series jumped the shark, stopped caring about improvement, and appealed to 3 nostalgia for quick bucks. No game after it was truly memorable.

6 sold more than 7. Don't fool yourself, Tekken 7 is only king because Crapcom is functionally retarded and there is ZERO competition in the 3D fighter space except for Dead on Arrival 6. Tekken 7 is just Tekken 6's gameplay but with screws instead of bounds.

Some Filipino modders basically transformed the PSP (PPSSPP emulated) version of Tekken 6 into 7. Go search for it.

Ogre's Waning Moon. Imagine an JF electric, but an unbreakable grab with more damage.

Attached: 149183748596.jpg (728x521, 34K)

>crappy dubstep
>also best songs since T4
youtube.com/watch?v=y3cFuBcmHaI
bruu

this nigger right here

Attached: marduk db+2.gif (360x202, 3.08M)

Either this one or Third Strike.

We didn't know how good with had it with Tekken 4. We knew it was good aesthetically, but not that good, to the point the next games don't even touch it.

>Steve Fox, who has the single most powerful move in the entire franchise
What about Jin's just frame laser scraper in 4?

Tekken 2 had great music, but the art was fucking atrocious, since they insisted so hard on keeping 3d renders.

I liked Tekken 4's story, but it was weaker than 3 overall.

In all honesty, I dropped fighting games as a genre when they started focusing on multiplayer and satisfying tourneyfags over implementing single player content during the 7th gen. Tekken 6 and Soulcalibur IV having almost no SP content was a massive disappointment.

I wish we got fighting games with lots of single player stuff like we used to.

styler chad obv

Attached: Lee2.png (1005x874, 1.8M)

>5 also looks like shit graphically
>Literally has some of the best graphics on the PS2

Based Mishima King

Attached: Armor_King_T7.jpg (1000x1319, 195K)

I thought Tekken 6 had that cool beat 'em up thing?

>mfw tekken 6 port on 3ds

Attached: 1514675655942.png (160x153, 5K)

Not the best, but powerful of course. Nina can avoid it due to her backsway. Does not lead to a death combo, just a launch. Requires good timing to pull off the JF input. Can still be sidestepped by anyone if the second regular hit does NOT connect, if I remember correctly.

Besides, if you spam JFLS with Jin, then you aren't winning. His real strength was his bullshit mid pressure (which JFLS, a mid unblockable launcher, just made worse).

There's also this one obscure ass King move in Tekken 1 that's a launch on block. Yes, on block.

4 looks better than 5. The dull lighting in 5 is what ruins it, and that's because they pushed for more polygons over lighting, a choice that paid off at the time but not now with emulators. It did not age well when compared to 4's art style.

T7 has Infinite Azure and Twilight Conflict but that's it. I can't believe they were still doing wubstep and DnB in 2017, when that sound was already dated in TTT2.

I, for one, welcome the return of distinct melodies over ambiance in fighting games.

That was literally it though. Even Story mode for the rest of the roster was non-existent beyond a shitty 4 stage long story mode. Soulcalibur III is honestly one of my favourite fighting games because it has a huge amount of SP content. I liked Tekken Dark Resurrection's single player content as well.

King all day every day

>does it for the kids, wholesome as fuck
>cool wrestling moves
>is a good friend
>doesn't care for fame and fortune
>50/50s and RDC to make newfags cry online
truly the best.

also am disturbed by the lack of 3s love in this thread

Paul being serious is a good choice and I still wait for him to go for that route again.

Right now we have a coke head brain damaged retard instead of the guy that was able to keep toe to toe with prime Kazuya and to heem Ogre.

Stories are important in fighting games. You are picking characters with personalities and goals, not a set of functions.

T7 fucked up in the sense that jobbed out anyone that is not a Mishima, when not outright ridicule them.

Jin being an emotionally undeveloped manchild is not so bad. People giving him a free pass for being a genocidal maniac in T6 is what irks me more. Lars failed so hard at being the face of the franchise everybody had to ignore that Jin actually went out of his way to murder millions of people.

>Jin
>greatest martial artist in the world
>got fucking rekt by an untrained brawler

Jin is just not that good. Take the devil jin from him and he's just your lowcard UFC guy AT BEST.

This.
This is exactly why I complained about having to drop fighting games a few posts above. Good mechanics are obviously important, but as a kid I played fighting games for the character rivalries, to see how they developed over the games and for the hype context of certain story fights.

Tekken 4 had a superb final fight between Heihachi, Kazuya and Jin. Probably one of the best end game fights in fighting game history. King's ending in 4 where he decides to spare Marduk also stuck with me.

>Story = characters
Street Fighter has never had a consistent story or character arc to anyone but Ryu in ages yet it's still the most popular competitive fighter.

What the fuck are any of you talking about?

Lars was part of the Tekken Force, so speaking Japanese is a requirement for him. Also, Marduk doesn't have an australian accent, neither do Nina or Anna have an irish one. Josie doesn't speak Tagalo either.

Tekken characters are more than nationalities, thanks god.

Third strike

>story is shit in videogames
no one ever noticed it

Not that. It ruined the series because now Harada plays it safe with each entry after this pile of shit and now the series is just meh

>Marduk doesn't have an australian accent, neither do Nina or Anna have an irish one
This also triggers me

Attached: Patrick.jpg (480x444, 16K)

I'm between Miguel and Marduk.

Miguel overly aggressive style works great in lower ranks, but from Yaksa to upwards I had to change my gameplan a lot to still make him viable. He still allows me to be aggressive, but now I have to have a semblance of a gameplan in every fight.

Marduk is just too fun. There's nothing more satisfying than tackling a guy after finishing your combo.
>get a lucky launcher
>do big dick damage with little effort
>opponent think he's safe, so he wakes up
>gets tackled and pounded.
You can sense his frustration after that.

>Street Fighter has never had a consistent story

For each character in its own contained game, it does. They're not asking for some massive RPG plot epic, they're asking for each character storyline in a single game entry to be good. Speaking of Tekken 4, compare that to Tekken 7. Tekken 7 is a fucking joke in that aspect, look at Paul's "story", then compare it to his Tekken 4 role.

The real issue is rosterfags, where with a big roster, it's hard to do anything meaningful with all characters. They need to be culled.

He's "HONESTY: the character". His story reflects that too, when in s2 walked away from puny celebrations to keep perfecting his craft. People just admire that kind of dedication.

Nina and Anna are international assasins, so I'm ok with them not having Irish accents.

Marduk is a dumb australian that went to US to fight people in the early MMA days. He should have accent.

But it's still no excuse for making the Nina sisters sound like knock off Jennifer Hale and Marduk John DiMaggio voice #53

Only a few song.

Pauls Tekken 4 ending is pure kino

MK11, not even trollin’
second place is maybe DoA

Soul Calibur 2

Attached: 305E0924-DA9D-4AFC-8C23-8FF3A36C5ACE.jpg (1423x2000, 500K)

Skullgirls
KOF13
Thirdstrike

But i like SG and KOF13 more than 3S

Unib and its derivatives. I fucking love this urban late night theme it has and kinda want that more games did it too.

Attached: DiSgUsTiNg.gif (500x281, 2.04M)

Anything Namco