Morphing a chamber eats a shit ton of stamina, meaning you are actually punished for trying to outplay your opponent

>Morphing a chamber eats a shit ton of stamina, meaning you are actually punished for trying to outplay your opponent

Great game

Attached: Mordhau.jpg (460x215, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ej3qjUzUzQg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Agincourt
youtube.com/watch?v=NGSL7XApz2s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longsword
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Should I get this or A hat in time? I want to play multiplayer.

Mordhau is a good game, but it is already starting to show signs of the kind of autism that was prevalent in Chivalry. There are mechanics in place to stop the worst that was found in Chivalry, but none of it stops people playing like faggots and using meta weapons.

Feint spam is retarded.
It makes the game look and play like shit.

everyone in horde mode either bitches that people are camping or are the bitches camping

>buy anything
>game freezes
>have to reconnect or alt+f4 to unfreeze it

Wasn't happening the other day

>ither bitches that people are camping or are the bitches camping
Wow, and somehow you sound like a bigger bitch then either of them taking a swing at both.

i refunded it because I know it'll become more toxic than chivalry ever did because of the times we live in

Sure you did kiddo.

Attached: absurd_reaction.gif (514x265, 1.71M)

ok toxicboy you're better than me! happy with your life now?

A little, thanks.

Attached: ssj.gif (350x195, 2.92M)

>backwards dodge + executioners sword

Attached: 1552366622494.jpg (420x420, 33K)

>people parroting this since release
>still no established meta weapons

>No established meta weapons
>Everyone is running around with rapier/shortspear + shield

>all the leddits saying how you're shit if you can't counter the shield/stab weapon meta
>any fucking idiot with two braincells can instantly outclass any non shield user by back peddling to avoid kicks, feint scroll wheel stabs never fails
>shields block chambers

I JUST WANT TO SWING MY HAMMER AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

reminder that these kind of games are only fun at the beginning when no one knows what they're doing and tryhard exploiters aren't a thing yet

the weapon balance is decently good, but the addition of chambers made combat into less of a risk & reward thing based on mindgames and more of a weird game about calculating stamina advantage and using it to beat your opponent. the game also rewards fast reaction speeds much more than chivalry did, since in chivalry you weren't really expected to react to all the attacks or identify what exact attack type they were for the purposes of chambering.

shield gets destroyed by any ranged(2 hand) weapon, just boink them till they drop the shield or if they come close kick and finish them off, the only time a shield is op is when you are up against 2-3 opponents

>The only time a shield is op is when you are up against 2-3 opponents

So 100% of the time?

i meant 1v3, if you are more then 1v1 you should probably retreat anyway instead of fighting if possible

A hat in time is better in every way

Lmao maybe in retard team mode. You’ll never see those weapons in high level 1v1. Shields are total dogshit

And what if a shield user is playing with a buddy/buddies, making every encounter a 1vX against them, thus making the shield OP at all times, according to your own words?

>he retreats from 1vX fights

Attached: ss+(2018-08-02+at+11.55.25).png (469x580, 112K)

>wahhhhhh i should win against normies with friends!!! Not fair that they have people to play with

stick with your own teammates and wait for an opening to yoink him or his buddies, its not that hard

What do you do without feints though? The game which just be a 10 minute block fest because parrying is so easy.

I have no problem with people playing together. It becomes a problem if the game has something that makes fighting multiple people literally impossible.

>When the stars align and you behead every fucking one of them

Attached: 1556898734388.png (579x329, 252K)

>mfw on the 1v4 all get their heads crushed on the maul horizontal sweep

Attached: 1555048474893.png (336x330, 19K)

i beheaded 3 dudes with a single 1handed swing from my messer once

it was pretty kimochi

This, tryhards are cancer.

>implying they need to try hard to stomp your ass

3 bear traps are a viable loadout

>entire team retreats unless the fight is 5v1 and they all have full health

>Dodge + Spear

Attached: pssssssssssssssssh.png (960x540, 14K)

>Set bear traps
>Allies step on them
>Allies see and stab them to spring them
Fuck it, I'm just going to use Firebombs

>See ally
>Go to help him
>Ally scarpers
>Enemy has an ally show up
>Die to a 2v1

Attached: 1554399895771.jpg (636x640, 143K)

>ally steps into them
>place a second one while he's down
>not a single point lost

Attached: 1466270267540.jpg (250x247, 6K)

Found the "i only play duel servers" shitter.

Attached: 1556201523148.png (510x596, 467K)

>enemy bows and shit
>meanwhile i place a trap
>proceed to run away
>he follows me
>runs into trap
some people are just fucking retarded

Why cant we shield mains get a bash lol, any semi decent 2h player can just kick your ass and kill you with no consequences.. while as a shielder you gotta keep the spacing or else you just ger cheesed out by a retarded drag or accel of a executioner player.

People bitch about shields.. but fail to realize the weapon limitation a shield sets for the person in exchange for better defense.

Meanwhile drogo barbarian drags his executioner 1 shotting shitters.

Attached: IMG-20180606-WA0005.jpg (400x400, 39K)

>The person having to use every trick in the book to get around your crutch defense is the retard

Attached: 1551744355051.png (600x900, 537K)

You don't know shit about me pal.

so what's the meta?
also, is dodge worth 4 fucking points?

You call it a crutch, I call it an anti-archer device.

This game was always designed to have a high skill ceiling. That a good player can dispatch a bad one in a second and that a good player can be unstoppable going 60/0 feeling like a battlefield god. The problem with Chivalry is that the combat started to represent a breakdancing contest. What I'm trying to say is that melee games cater to the autists.

Yeah it's decent enough, you need to time it right though. I use dodge + sword and shield.

>I use dodge + sword and shield.
remember to kill yourself

>Wow, this game that is exactly the same as the game the devs made before it is actually the same as the game before

wow!!!!!!!!!

I do it specifically to piss you off.

Sure you do, crutch nigger lmao

seething lmao

Always love the bitching in the in game chat.

cope
drop your shield and get good, christ

I'll do what I want you little autist.

I accept your defeat, you can't get good therefore you don't ""want"" to do it
too bad

Yeah yeah whatever, as if I give a shit about your opinion.

>opinion
it's a fact, though.
but it's fine, lil' shieldie, there's a different skill ceiling for everyone, yours is just depressingly low :)

I just like throwing frying pans at people

>woah this is bullshit why are a bunch of guys with shields and spears almost impenetrable by one dude with a longsword
Welcome to warfare faggot

lol every dodgers I've met so far have been wearing hoods. You think mordhau is anime central or something ?

HOW DO I PLAY THE LUTE PROPERLY WTF?

Not him but I only play Frontline and I gotta admit it doesn't serve the game mechanics right.

Man, it's historically accurate to use a shield. Sometimes I switch to longsword and greatsword. All in all you're the one getting upset about how other people play a game.

Attached: 1555346534944.png (500x775, 334K)

>meta weapons
Is this just code for "I don't know how to counter it so it's bullshit"?

I usually despise the git gud elitism but drags and feints are readable, or you could counter them by being aggressive with a faster weapon than your opponent. Being passive and being defensive are two different things.

Not me, I wear the Norman Casque with nasal.

>got a fast swinging weapon?
>good, now spam just spam m1
Is there ever going to be a single melee game that isn't ever this?

Yeah, Mordhau.

>good, now spam just spam m1
The shield exists for a reason.

>allies placing traps near YOUR spawn
>engineers building spikes at chokepoints leading from YOUR spawn
fucking retards reeeeeeeee

>I'm bad

Playing as an engineer is a waste of a match.

This always seems to be an issue with games like this. Look at Mount and Blade.
They could dampen the worst issues with a limit on mouse movement speeds, but otherwise its always going to be a case of one guy doing well because his spastic hand movements don't give him epilepsy.

This and the fact that half of them are cranked up on speed.

I don't know half these tryhard mechanics you faggot virgins bitch about and I still top the scoreboard killing your larping ass with frying pans and rocks after you finish your gay little dual.

This game owns.

Give me a counter for shield that isn't "just drain their stamina in the middle of a battlefield, bruh"

What's your armour like?

None. I'm a half naked homeless man.

Sure pal

>Throwing stuff at people who are wounded and not paying attention to you

Wow, you sure showed them your superior skill.

it's also historically accurate to suck dick and die, faggot.
comply.

>Give me a counter for shield
Timing my dude, also opt for a fast weapon. Wait for them to strike, dodge and then stab while they're recovering.

Attached: 1556695769503.jpg (593x610, 91K)

Madman

Stab them you absolute nigger
Kick them
Fight them
Play the fucking game

And what stops the shield player from playing in the exact same way, except that they have the additional advantage of having a shield?

Literally none of that works unless the shield user is a mouthbreather or entirely alone for the whole minute you have to wail on him to dislodge his gay immunity plank.

Attached: 1548872094_20181130174651_1.jpg (1920x1080, 390K)

You're such a little bitch.

What is stopping you from stabbing the guy while his shield isn't up

Just deal with it instead of bitching. Adapt and overcome.

why is this garbage game popular
its even worse than rainbow six siege

The fact that lifting the shield is instantaneous just like a parry, and any shield user that eats a stab (or literally any attack, since they don't have to worry about timing the block) has to be clinically retarded.

What do you primarily use?

Is there anything more boring than watching 2 shield shitters dueling?

Attached: yawn.jpg (782x520, 130K)

Fighting shield shitters

I two-hand the bastard sword most of the time.

Mordhau is not made by the Chivalry devs. It's madeby a band of competitive chivalry players.

I just wish they added large round shields, my viking/dark ages loadout is incomplete.

it's boring. it's swing block swing block for like 2 minutes until one runs out of stamina because any other mechanic is useless against sield like feint or morphing.

Okay but that's not a fucking answer.
What is actually stopping you from stabbing the guy while his shield isn't up?

I don't see why shields couldn't be made skill based as well. All you'd need to do is to add a "perfect block" window, during which a block would drain the regular amount of stamina. Holding block to receive an attack would result in a larger stamina loss. This way a shield would still be a more defensive option than parry, but there would still be a barrier of execution for optimal performance.

A false combo usually works i.e. miss the first strike and then catch them with the follow up when they let their guard down.

I was so disappointed when I found out that chambering doesn't guarantee damage and that people were too retarded to block.
It really serves no fucking purpose at all.

Are you clinically retarded as well? The fact that not a single shield user that isn't like you is going to eat an attack is what's stopping me. I CAN stab at them but it won't connect unless they are bottom of the barrel shitters.

It doesn't but boy does it throw people off when executed correctly.

You're supposed to morph from chamber, but as OP pointed out, that burns a ridiculous amount of stamina and still isn't a guaranteed hit.

I'm not sure what you've seen specifically, but when I place spike traps near the spawn it's for catching enemy horse kniggers when they loop around. Greedy fucks always ride back into the spawn before charging into the backs of my allies.

Attached: no horse riding.gif (300x300, 14K)

The only thing chambering does well is that you can morph your attack so you can get the upperhand again if you are being pushed against the wall. You cant morph with a riposte so those are pretty easy to block.

Dude you're still not answering the actual question.
What is physically preventing you from attacking while the guy's shield isn't up?

I'm so bored of these 5-6 maps, what the fuck were they thinking?

>what the fuck were they thinking?
Go outside

I just said I can attack them, you absolute mongoloid. But that attack is useless unless the player with the shield is a mouthbreather like you. All it accomplishes is draining a bit of stamina. You'd have to attack a shield user about 8 times consecutively to drain their stamina completely, a literal impossibility in any team based mode, or even deathmatch.

>join game
>there's a guy at like 20-5
>he's using a war axe
>every time you hit him, he parries and ripostes instantly

can someone explain this? are there already hacks or is there some secret club tech for ripostes? and no i'm not retarded. i know how to riposte and what the difference is between them and just normal attacks after a parry

Attached: 1504742871375.jpg (576x768, 94K)

So when are the female knights coming out that everyone is so salty about??

Attached: 77.png (1850x1260, 1.66M)

I don't fully understand the shield hate. The kite shield is the only one that protects the legs a bit, so you can usually get their shins. Other than that, it's just a parry that's always up. So your opening is when they attack. It's annoying to have to play at their pace for the most part, but if you can trick them into thinking you're predictable and then whomp the fuckers you're golden. Helps if you use something like a maul so you only need one good shot.

Attached: hammer.jpg (1500x1500, 80K)

>only use beartraps
>team kill everyone

I love this game

They can use all the mindgames the game offers against you when attacking, while you literally cannot because they do not need to time their defense.

the Bardiche is pretty sweet, i'm doing alot better with it than the longsword i had before

so in what situation does using the alternate grip on a zweihander give me an advantage?
also is it still called mordhau when you hold the blade even if you don't use the pommel to strike?

After doing HEMA for a little over a year, I can fully appreciate what the shield offers in terms of versatility.

Was he using stab to riposte? Some weapons have parry animations that place the arms in a very similar position to that of the stab windup, so when they parry into stab, there's barely any animation tell and it seems like the stab just comes out of nowhere.

If memory serves, the alt grip on the zwei is called half-swording. Should be good for stabby stuff, so whenever you don't want the whole sword to be flailing around. In corridors, near teammates, or if the stab damage in that grip is better against heavy armor or something. You can check the specifics in the advanced weapon stats menu thing.

>horsecunts still keep trying to charge me when I have a billhook
I'm really starting to love the billhook. It's no halberd or rapier but the way it just shuts down horsefags is just great.

>all it accomplishes is draining a bit of stamina
That's if you hit their shield, I'm not talking about that.
Here, I'll say it more carefully so you can try again because it really seems like you're slow in the head.
What is stopping you from stabbing the guy WHILE HIS SHIELD IS NOT UP?

nope, they were swings. if he wasn't using the war axe i probably wouldn't have noticed but it has such a slow windup normally, i felt something was off.

his normal swing was fine, but if he parries you, then you get hit with a lightning riposte. i'm talking faster than a rapier thrust. you had no time to parry it back

thank you

What kind of a poor shield player doesn't have his shield up when you're stabbing him

You sure he wasn't chambering?

The kind that started his attack too late.

Why does this game run like shit?

Shield fags always think they are hot shit till it's harvest season and I break out my peasant scythe and curve the blade around their precious safety net.

Speccing into Friendly has increased my KDR massively
Turns out I take a shitload of team damage

isn't the billhook supposed to move around the opponent?
i literally couldn't tell if it did literally anything
i was trying to run it with firebombs/traps to see if i could push them into them but it didn't do shit
works well for dismounting horseniggas tho and pretty damn good stab damage

Attached: mordhau.webm (1250x524, 2.12M)

Game is akchually well optimized. What's your spec and what fps?

yeah chambers are pretty obvious with the sparks. even if he was, who is able to consistently chamber swings in every fight in the middle of a frontline clusterfuck?

You can cancel attacks into block during their windup.

The battlefield is not such a friendly place after all.

1070ti, 3570k. i know the cpu is old but it shouldnt be this bad, dropping to 40fps all the time

Gitgud and stop sperging at every movement the enemy makes

>People are already clearly using macros to mixup

Attached: disgust.jpg (524x336, 29K)

>playing tutorials
you just swing and hope you hit the guy
that's all you gotta do lol

The alternate grip pushes, the standard one pulls enemies closer.

If you really can't think of a way to counter shield spear niggers, here's my advice: play as one.
Give it a serious try for a while, and I guarantee you will learn a very good strategy for killing shield users.

yeah, but it doesn't really count if it pushes/pulls by 3 millimeters, does it?

I think the balance of Mordhau is fine.

I have played that combo and consistently shat on the whole server. The only times I would lose were if I faced someone of equal or greater skill and they didn't get interrupted by someone else mid-fight.

Are they parrying it or something?

the pulls are noticeable in 1v1s with people that like to back up. the pushes are actually lower than average

This is a video game, not HEMA.

The setting is the same however.

Shouldnt? Are you dumb? It is ancient quadcore in game that definitely is cpu bound.

Have you ever had a moment where you pissed off a mordhau server so hard that you got votekicked?

Attached: Mordhau-Win64-Shipping_2019-05-08_14-21-04.png (317x27, 3K)

Overnight it feels like everyone learned how to morph and the fun is 90% gone. It's not that morphing is shit, it actually makes people even more predictable because the first swing is almost always a morph so you can just stab them. I've switched to arming sword and topping scoreboards easier than I was before when everyone was spamming m1. Problem is that now your average battle has dozens of people who are essentially feinting and people who didn't play Chiv are losing interest. 100% of the time whoever's at the top of the scoreboard is just using a cheesy morph because they don't know any better. It's actually imo worse than Chiv in balance because at least with only pure feinting as an option there would be people who either didn't know how to properly do it or people like me who refused to do it because it didn't give new players a chance.

tl;dr morphing was a mistake

Nice fanfiction. Also
>the only times I would lose are facing somebody of equal or greater skill
And this is bad because...? You can't even keep your speculative fanfiction consistently on point.

How did you manage that?

>try to morph/chamber/cancel and other fuckery with a longsword
>can't fucking kill anyone in frontiers
>start to spam left click like a total retard
>20 kills every game

Attached: 1531432686442.jpg (764x720, 201K)

I had half a server chanting rapiers are for gays but never got put up for a vote kick im curious as to what it took to get there. Unless it was tks, then it's not impressive.

>Play against friend
>He makes a new build with the dagger and buckler
>Literally does nothing but stab over and over again
>It's so fast that it beats everything I do
>Chambering it does nothing because he just chambers my chamber, and if I chamber into a morph he just fucking stabs
Literally what do you do? My only option is to outrange with my with zwiehander. I can't even bait him into feinting because his stabs are so fast that it beats all of my attacks clean

feint -> kick can be pretty good unless they are walking backwards, otherwise just dont bother fighting them or try to back them into a corner

Eager knights are too pure for the battlefield, they sound like Knight after an eveningstar hit his head and left him midly retarded.

Based

If he's facehugging you with a dagger, block one strike then kick. Backpedal and abuse your range. If he blocks your attack you don't lose stamina, he'll be queuing up attacks and then cancelling them (stamina cost) to block your longer range, eventually you'll disarm his gay little dagger and then you behead him while spamming laugh

What annoys me about rapiers is that they're very late medieval. It feels weird having someone use a viking sword and another with the rapier.

Three beartraps loadout on Mountain

That's not bad, and I didn't even claim it was. I have absolutely no problem being styled on by someone without a shield, because then I know that their defense game had to be on point to withstand my assault. I also like how you ignored the latter part about them not getting interrupted which allowed them to outstam me, as well.

What is the best weapon skin and why is it the goedendag

CERTAINLY

He's constantly moving, so kicks are out of the question. And it's difficult to keep him outranged because he's wearing no armor for max speed and I'm armored

Try the spear and shield

>constantly moving
side to side or in and out? Also halfsword your zwei, the speed advantage you get is well worth it against small weapons like daggers

I don't want to get aids
Side to side. Haven't tried halfswording it, that might help, thanks

I like the dex weapon plus face mask and spikey white hair combo. Then proceeding to cut their heads off with my bardiche as I laugh in Varangian.

Attached: nevsky.jpg (428x728, 112K)

>I don't want to get aids
Fine, gimp yourself all you want.

Do you guys spin around like a faggot to get those tricky swings? If you aren't I highly suggest it

#1 tool for spacing and mixing up timings

>play as bowman
>cant hit a shit
>play with rapier and shield
>get some kills, get killed some
>switch to zweihander
>instantly jump to top with 5 killed per one death on average
muh overpower shield and raper and bow my ass

>Side to side
Ok well try to read his pattern, if you attack from your right he will likely go to your left to get away from the attack before guarding, might be worth trying to lead him into going left and then kicking. Kicking is fairly useless for applying pressure though so be warned.

All you're doing is finishing other people's fights

Welcome to war.

>see retard spinning
>swing at you
what do?

Stab him before he gets too close to you.
Learn to kick a moving target.

Hold my hearter up

r8

Attached: ss+(2019-05-10+at+10.17.01).jpg (429x849, 101K)

BARDICHE STRONG
FUCK YOU RAPIERFAGS
FUCK YOU SWORDFAGS
FUCK YOU MAULFAGS
EAT MY DINGDONG

Block it. If you're on the greater side of a 1vX fight the biggest thing you can do is just stay alive. People get too eager and all of them want to land the killing blow which makes switches super easy to pull off in a crowd. Just wait, don't die like an idiot and attack reservedly. Either you'll end up being a thorn in the spinning guy's side long enough that one of the retards gets a hit in, or you'll come in and finish the job through an opening nobody else saw because they're busy holding W and having their entire field of view taken up by friendlies.

well, Ill be there to help stupid fags who picked subpar weapon which cant even finish fights on its

>kick a moving target
If they move one inch backwards you whiff it and get punished

There are only two good ways to Engineer.
Putting a barrier around an ammo chest on the enemy's side in such a way that your allies can get in and out easily (Spike ramp for them to walk towards the enemy on your side, wall for them to climb over or a narrow gap to get back from the other side), but your enemies will be funneled into a bad spot, have to go around or come at it with axes and firebombs.
Depending on the map, that means either lots of spikes (like the platform on Tourney, allies/enemies can climb the stone wall, meaning easy ragdolls on climbing enemies) or a combination of walls and spikes (the center on Contraband just beyond the box, not the archways). With control over the ammo box's location, it gives you a big territory advantage in TDM, and you can rapidly rebuild when firebombs start coming.

And the other is putting a bunch of spikes semi randomly on the main roads to catch horsefags on Camp and Mountain Peak.

If a shitty engineer is completely blocking off paths, let alone blocking off shit on YOUR team's side of the map, they should get burned to death along with their buildings.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1920x1080, 781K)

Who else 1-hand mace and shield ?

I've been getting good at nailing bastards on the head with a thrown mace as they try to disengage, seems to catch people off guard.

I mean who throws a mace?

playing duel servers is how you get good. frontline becomes total baby mode when you're better at fighting than 95% of the players

Meta weapons would be 2h shit

Rapier/shield ect just shits on shit people

>shield

Can I get a skin that makes the mace look like a goedendag?

Are you retarded or just haven't played the game?
Or, more likely, you probably just use the meta weapon faggotry and have to defend it at every chance you can.

Rapier/Spear+Shield with jab spamming is the main detriment to the multiplayer of the game.

>he thinks linear as fuck weapons like the spear are good for anything besides poking shitters
>he actually thinks shields are anything but dogshit
>he thinks he knows balance better in his one week of playing than 2 whole years of alpha and beta testing

Attached: 1534530328441.jpg (651x486, 101K)

Attached: 1520209243528.png (625x626, 146K)

Fellow Bardiche bro I'm sorry but even though it's the only weapon I use it sucks. I've watched my blade literally slash through people and whiff while the outrange me with a fucking shortsword poke.

>tfw you think shields are aesthetic and cool but you refuse to use them in their current state because it feels like cheating

Attached: 1554744794002.png (345x283, 5K)

>2 whole years of alpha and beta testing
>shields are indestructible

Attached: 1542698851953.gif (500x180, 8K)

Yes.

Shields are dogshit in a 1v1 situation but broken literally anywhere else.

No but you can get a goedendag skin for the evening star

Heavy armor should slow the speed that you can swing a weapon.

>two whole years
>they didn't realize giving default classes longbows and zweihänders and such would result in horrible teamkilling
>they didn't realize that just because something's balanced doesn't mean it's fun

shield in late-medieval period? what are you, a peasant?

They become pretty easy once you spend some time dueling them. You can morph attacks and chambers into kicks, and you can riposte into kick as well. This makes it fairly easy to get a surprise kick on them, which you then combo into an attack.

Walking into them and parrying whatever they do will often see them backing up into a wall eventually, making things very easy. If you have a team, just surround them.

They were using shields well into the 16th century Mr.No/his/

Heavy armor barely slowed people down. This ain't a fantasy setting.

Kicks only work against trashcan players

I think newbies just use them because everyone is parroting how good they are while in reality they are just simpler to use until you get some understanding of the mechanics.

Not if you use the methods I described to actually land them.

Okay Yea Forums, this game looks really cool, boty gameplay and customisation, but I am shit at action games. Would I still be able to enjoy it?

hit the shield three times with a two ha hand and it will fly away. you will beat out his stamina in a parry party every time

Just use the Spear and use mouse wheel forward.

Attached: 1546829794067.jpg (450x600, 48K)

it takes way more than 3 if the only stamina drain is from him blocking

Yes, please buy it so I can inflate my k/d ratio

Probably. I had alot of fun even when I was just learning the game and getting owned often.

It's a pretty difficult game, but even losing is fun imo. There's plenty of roles that aren't that hard. Staying with a group and poking people with spears from a safe distance for example.

Three? Try ten, and you better not get hit once or that faggot's gonna regen half his stam

All the chiv kids are ruining the game already trying to propeller themselves in BR

>every single frontier game is one sided slaughterfest

Attached: 1542156889042.jpg (639x348, 52K)

>they used swords in WWII, that means it was the weapon of the time
Shields were seldom used by anyone. The armour of knights meant carrying a shield was dead weight. Archers couldn't carry a shield and also be in a position to use their bow. The only people who would use them were peasants and even then rarely because unlike what TV tells you, weilding a sword with one hard is hard.

Mechanically impossible.

The most common combatant on the field was the regular soldier, not a knight or a peasant. Also knights still used shields to close in without getting longbowed to death.

>weilding a sword with one hard is hard.
>peasant
>sword
It's illegal for a peasant to own a sword. They used spears, and those can be one handed just fine.

I'll give you a spear to one hand

t. Moron
I do HEMA and have plenty of steel one handers, it's not that difficult.

>implying warbow
youtube.com/watch?v=Ej3qjUzUzQg

I wish non /his/fags would stop spreading this shit. Most commonly it was not only legal, but sometimes straight up required for common soldiers, and even civilians to own swords.

Fellow HEMAfag (S&B) here, I find people not familiar with swords find two-handed much more manageable

>duels get really boring
>team modes are just a one sided stomp 95% of the time

Peasants are not common soldiers, and civilians owning swords was a late medieval thing.
Swords have no other purpose but to kill other people, so a peasant had no excuse to own one.

atleast it still protects you from the back from archerniggers

The game would really benefit from modes like Chiv's Team Objective. It's more fun if one team is always attacking and the other is always defending because you can actually play around it, but Frontline is just people running around seeing how many frags they can get.

lel

he is talking about peasants though, btw
the stuff about longbows was spread by professional historians long before normies cared about history or were literate even

There's several historical battles where longbows were underestimated and decimated a bunch of knights in plate.

They would have to work around some shit though. No fun if defenders keep building shit to *blocks your path* every 5 steps

>toxic

Attached: 1511087292693.png (307x450, 209K)

>Spamming firebombs right into fights and smacking people with a stick and running away
It never stops being funny.

No need to for a Knight to use a shield when his armour does the job for him moron. A longbow (not any other bow) could potentially penetrate a knight's armour at very close range, but they're big and unwieldy. See the battle of agincourt, it took 3 English longbowmen to kill a French Knight in close combat because of this.
Just because soldiers were the most common doesn't mean they used shields.

>owning and using are the same thing
Why are they using these spears? Because no function warrants a shield.

>I work out
Cringe. Nice of you to prove my point. Were medieval peasants also members of you sword fighting club?

trash game
you faggots actually paid money for this?

So I guess that video is faked then

Yea, to help shitters

>No need to for a Knight to use a shield when his armour does the job for him moron.
Yeah, and katana are magical rock splitting swords. You go walk across a field into a rain of arrows and tell me you wouldn't rather do it with a shield before an arrow penetrates your eye-hole or somesuch.

>Why are they using these spears? Because no function warrants a shield.
What?

>Were medieval peasants also members of you sword fighting club?
Not the user you are replying to. Were medieval peasants also enjoying a lifestyle where manual labor was practically nonexistent?

That's easy as fuck to do, what are you even talking about?

The video is a guy shooting an arrow at the strongest point of a modern steel quality breastplate. That's like the toughest bit of the entire suit. If the arrow hits a gap or a hole, you're still fucked. And they rained them down on you, making the odds of that happening a lot higher.

This post reeks of armchair general lard ass.

>he can't swing 3 pounds of steel

How do you know it's trash if you didn't?

>all these historylets spreading false information
Dios mio

>be blue in camp
>rush middle point and take it at the beginning od the round
>hold it for a few minutes until red takes it over
>lose game
Interactive

>go walk across a field into a reign of arrows without a shield
Yet that was what people did?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Agincourt

>anti cavalry - need both hands for the pike
>anti infantry - spears are hard to use in hand to hand

>farm work is comparable to using a weapon in combat
>missing the point
Some guy saying using a sword with one hand means nothing for his argument when he does so, I presume often, as part of a hobby.

>swinging a sword in combat is easy
>people die really easy when you hit them, just like in the video games!
Read the thread. Using weapons with two hands was the standard because its easier to kill someone that way

>spam firebombs
>nobody really cares
>spam smokebombs
>erryone mad as fuck

>could potentially penetrate a knight's armour at very close range
yes, if all stars aligned and even then it wouldnt cause life threatening injury, at least for the duration of battle

>See the battle of agincourt
was that the one where heroic english yeoman struck the french nobility with his mallet and brought him down into dust (mud) or was it crecy?

tldr is that all that longbow stuff is literal propaganda from 19th century english historians and reality is that french were undisciplined tards with shitty commanders and inflated egos who got their butts kicked because of it and they still didnt learn from it

Shields are OP only because kicks are retarded right now. Give characters the ability to retain momentum while kicking and things get much more tolerable.

this is great, i see people complainig about
>weapon X is so fucking op
with the weapon changing every 10 minutes. i was using halberd and felt op, yet no one seems to complain about it

this is a real flavor of the month game and that's fine, the only thing that could keep it alive is a lot better frontline maps and things like squads or so for better cooperation with random players on server. duel autists will stick to their containment servers.

also have some oc of your favorite weapon combo

Attached: apu_shield_spear.png (800x527, 44K)

Doesnt the halberd cost 11 fucking points though?

>Yet that was what people did?

>Rogers has suggested that the front elements of the French force used axes and shields.[48] Modern historians are divided on how effective the longbow fire would have been against plate armour of the time, with some suggesting that arrows could not penetrate, especially the better quality steel armour, but others suggesting arrows could penetrate, especially the poorer quality wrought iron armour. Rogers suggested that the longbow could penetrate a wrought iron breastplate at short range and penetrate the thinner armour on the limbs even at 220 yards (200 m).

Your own source claims division on the issue among historians.

>anti infantry - spears are hard to use in hand to hand
Sure, but it's what they used for centuries. Fuck, millennia.

yes, you don't need armor if you can kill people from halfway across the map.

>Using weapons with two hands was the standard because its easier to kill someone that way
Dude, shields are like the most used thing in historical combat apart from spears and bows.

The majority of the complaints do not change, just because you saw one guy complaining about something else does not mean the game is perfectly balanced.

>can't even see who did it because they don't score kills

No it isn't. If you can't handle 3-5 pound sticks with one hand, you have some really weak wrists. Also, it was vastly more common for grunts to have arming swords*, not longswords or other two-handed swords.
In only few locations in very few eras. It was also common that every household had a sword. Swordmaking became extremely cheap everywhere pretty early on, so even the poorest peasants could afford one and were sometimes required to have one. They had spears, polearms and swords on-hand because most lords could not afford to amass a large/effective enough personal army; they relied on the citizens to defend themselves AND the lord by proxy.
>Late medieval
EARLY medieval. The only places during the majority of the medieval period where swords were really restricted (either in ownership or type/length of blade*) were in major cities where it was possible to actually police them since everyone was so close together, and those in charge who could keep a city running could also maintain a personal armed guard. In those regards, there was "no need for peasantry to own weapons", however there were rarely any laws in place that limited ownership of weapons other than swords, hence why pole weapons were "so common" (they weren't that much more common actually, it's just that they weren't restricted in the same way swords were, and major cities with greater wealth would have better historical recordkeeping than weaker lords who ruled over more open countryside, relying on armed citizens to defend the land).

*Many such cities that imposed length limits meant lots of people would have one-handed swords with a blade length less than a meter, an arming sword.
Other such restrictions resulted in weapons like the Messer, a blade specifically designed to circumvent specific stupid laws, just like how arms manufacturers get around California gun laws to make this goofy ass AR-15.

Attached: featureless.jpg (1500x381, 91K)

No, most of the two handed weapons are two handed because they're fucking big and long.

are you retarded? he will block all your attacks for free and murder you with op spear/rapier

>all that longbow stuff is literal propaganda from 19th century english historians

>80% longbow army beats larger and superior armed force
>nothing to do with longbows being pretty neat

>it is already starting to show signs of the kind of autism that was prevalent in Chivalry.
Explain further.

>Other such restrictions resulted in weapons like the Messer, a blade specifically designed to circumvent specific stupid laws

Stop spreading Lindybeige-tier bullshit. Messers were commonly used by nobility just as frequently as commoners (hence why so many manuals of the Liechtenauer tradition are full of Messers), it was fashion.

>people are better at it than me

Rogers is often criticised for stuff exactly like you quote. His evidence is that they "probably used axes and shields", with no reference to a contemporary source.

>we used something for a long time, that means it's the best
World navies could be saving a load of money. Switch back to wooden ships because they were used for years right?

According to video games.

It is hard retard. It's got nothing to do with weight. Considering gambesons (literal cotton armour) could protect against stabs/and slashes from swords, limiting the power you could put behind a blow was stupid and avoided.

Yeah, because they were more effective.

The article makes a significant point about how the longbows were useless against the armoured French knights. The best use of the bowmen in the battle was in hand to hand.

>a nigger running around in full matte black armor and an executioner's sword
I nearly puked. I'm considering turning on team colors again to ruin his "style"

Mordhau is no deeper than For Honor, and it has just as bad balance issues as FH had at launch.

For Honor has shit aesthetics though

>we used something for a long time, that means it's the best
No, we used something for literally all of the time until guns were invented. Why would they do that if it didn't work?

>According to video games.
What? Video games are all about two handed swords. I can't even think of a vidya protag that uses a shield.

They've gone gaudy with their shit more recently for sure. Mordhau isn't that good either with the unmodded Oblivion-tier faces for characters though.

You can turn off team colors? Holy shit

>I can't even think of a vidya protag that uses a shield.
Link you blithering idiot

yeah but duels in this game are fucking boring stamina endurance battles
frontlines is the only good mode because everyone is fucking around with minimal amounts of sweatlords
once everyone becomes a sweaty champion will be the time to move on

>Showing your face ever
*chops your head off*

Swords were a fucking sidearm, nobody used swords as their main weapon on a battlefield apart from maybe the zweihander, which was a borderline shortspear and often used as such.

This.
This is every competitive multiplayer game though. Riding the newbie wave and fucking around before the meta gets stale is the best time for any and every competitive multiplayer game.

It's the noob meta for sure. Waiting on crush to push some shield balance already. It's only a matter of time. I think buffing kick range against shields would be enough so you can't just hold S out of kick range, you should have to counter with F or attack first

Yes, don't forget to turn on friendly markers. It can get a little confusing but it's worth making customization actually visible

Attached: mordhau3.jpg (884x804, 61K)

>Not playing a topless viking and doing the come at me pose on frontlines whenever possible

Weren't 2H swords used in war mostly to destroy or at least swat away enemy spears?

I don't understand how a sword could cut a thicc fucking spear shaft, especially because it's being held by a guy who will give way a bit when the shaft gets hit.

You forgot about hiding spikes in bushes or behind doors. If someone sprints into the spikes they die

Yeah, didn't come to mind. So are you claiming that Link using a shield is evidence that video games are the source for shields being common on the historical battlefield?

Do you honestly think medieval battlefields were a bunch of guys with 2h swords swinging at each other?

>doing the come at me pose on frontlines
A man of culture, I see

There is a mouse speed limit

>I'm bad at video games so I have to get my enjoyment in before people get good at the game.

Then why were spears used against horsemen at the time of their replacement and not against footmen? Because better things were used.
>protagonists don't use shields
They're literally an option in every game with medieval styles weapons.

I'm not the one shilling swords. See the post I was replying to.

Two handed swords weren't often used at all.

You just had to go full retard. Mordhau has more mechanical depth than fucking mount and blade

>superior armed force
>ignoring orders, attacking on their own without waiting for support and even charging allied mercenaries from behind
yeah, pick one

Did you even read what I wrote? Im not saying longbow didnt play a role just that it couldnt defeat plate armor, that it couldnt "nail the knights leg to the saddle at 200 yards."

Certain types of longsword (including some of the earliest) were fuckhuge and most likely primary weapons for those wielding them. In the case of those early ones they also had very cut-centric blades, such as pic related.

In general when it comes to the sidearm shit, sidearms were far more important back then than when we compare rifles to handguns today.
Archers in a melee will use their sidearms.
Cavalrymen whose lances break (which they tend to do in impact) use sidearms.
Men with polearms in a cramped or overly crowded environment? You already know.

Attached: baron-1.jpg (147x720, 6K)

Kick will hit if they're walking forward, so bait them into that. Never kick raw, always do it off a morph, chamber morph, or parry. Use your reach to your advantage to make them wihiff counter attacks so you get free hits. If they are constantly backpeddleing use the speed advantage from this to put their back to a wall. If you can flank them do so.

>Weren't 2H swords used in war mostly to destroy or at least swat away enemy spears?
Nah, you can't properly cut a spear shaft that's being held by someone, it'd just sway. If you're gonna attempt it, better to use something top-heavy, like an axe.

learn 2 play retards

if you're shit maybe

Couldn't be more true

make me

Most of the time when I see people complaining about balance they bring up a 1vX situation they were in and died or keep dying. Yeah, no shit being outnumbered is a huge disadvantage regardless of what fucking weapons they wield.

Attached: 1557023554026.jpg (960x640, 248K)

>doesn't mention Mount and Blade
>"stop talking about Mount and Blade, retard!"
?

I wear chain mail with a big weapon so people think I'll be slow and then I fuck their shit up

>it has just as bad balance issues
lmao name them
>inb4 he unironically thinks spears or shields are good

that was just the devs

you guys are right and we should have caught that except basically no one used shield because it was shit in duels and in smaller teamgames

>Then why were spears used against horsemen at the time of their replacement and not against footmen?
They were used against footmen.

Medieval armies generally consisted of a bunch of archers, a bunch of spear+shield blocks, and some knights on horseback. Any two handed weapons would be in the hands of the knights.

I like the Executioner sword, but how the fuck do I avoid swinging into half my team whenever I'm in the middle of a melee? The stab on it is so weak.

The only thing I hate in Mordhau is how getting a clean hit doesn't seem to matter. For example you can get right up in someone's face with a huge weapon, thrust away and do full damage instead of your weapon glancing off like it would in M&B because you're not in a good range for it.

use overhead dummy

Key word: stale meta.
Once you get to the tryhard state of a mature competitive multiplayer game, you're basically frowned upon and disallowed to get creative with it.

think whatever you want i can hold my own in duels and regularly top frontlines as melee
all im saying is that the high end duels arent fun

I agree, when your tactics are falling apart, grab your sidearm. I don't see a group of longsword wielders beating a group of spearmen however.

The maul is secretly the real OP weapon and all the bitching about spears and shields is but a smokescreen

I am so bad at doing directional attacks, any tips for me to git gud?

not really, fighting someone who's not 3/3/2 with some 2h who's actually good at doing it (and isn't cheesing) is refreshing

yeah you know when you're using horizontals? Use overheads instead

Man, turning around and copping a maul to the face is a shocking experience, let me tell you.

Not true, I've had several games that ended around 0:50 and one that even ended 0:10. Ive had more balanced games than one sided ones, and even games where an upset happend late into the game.

bind a key to overhead

Good advice user.

Mordhau is too new for the meta to having got stale yet though. I'm sure we eventually get to a phase where you're dumb if you're not doing a certain thing like everyone else.

they used to be near op in the alpha but now they lack combo and have chode range
the more balanced weapon is the eveningstar

I don't think frontline will ever turn into meta fuckery. Hell, Chiv's objective mode never did either, just the duels.

Mostly by being armoured. The appearance of the longsword coincides very well with full-body mail coverage.

You're gonna get ass ravaged by dodge fags because lmao no range

put underhand and overhead on logical keys, i hate scroll back for overhead so i changed it. also i recommend classical for left Alt to switch side.

Then don't play the high end duels.

The real big brain way to use spikes is to turn them towards your team in a choke point or make a little path between two spikes turned the wrong way.
This way enemies will be more than happy to use the ramp to reach your team but will be unable to retreat and become easy bait for one hit kills by kicking them.

for new players it's evolving still but in the alpha we more or less reached the top and 3/3/2 2h and (other variations to account for more expensive weapons) turns out to be the most well rounded setup.

>switch side.
what? If you have a bind for overhead right and just use that little arrow attached to your crosshair, you look left and press that bind, you'll do a left overhead

Just practice. But desu, ex-sword is just not a great teamfight weapon.

I very much doubt you can force a meta on a 32v32 game. Let alone one where at least 3 people on each team just run around with lutes, 5 guys are peasants with pitchfork and scythe and at least 20 on each team just want to wreck shit with their favorite weapon

I didnt even realise you coujd do that, thanks friend.

I bet you use a rapier you rat bastard.

Shields are great now fuck off so I can hit you with the catapault

>Go to duel server to improve
>Asking for pointers
>They all tell me basic shit
>Slaughter all of them except for one who was dominating them
>Even win loss rate against him by the time I leave.
If you REALLY want to improve, play skirmish.

Your math is way off, at least 50% of each team in frontline seems dedicated to hitting friendlies in the back of the head with zweihanders and spears

Mail? Mail doesn't save you from spears, and works best against cuts, how would a sword help against that?
Pretty sure the longsword became popular as plate armor did, because it finally allowed them to leave their shields at home.

How's your team gonna advance exactly?

If mail doesn't save you from spears, why was it the main form of metal armour for a good millennium or so when spears were so commonly used?

>because it finally allowed them to leave their shields at home
You do realize that in the real world people are very happy to have a SHIELD between them and life ending attacks coming their way? You'd be a madman to go onto a battlefield without.

Primary weapon of mounted knight after 12th century was lance (before that spear). Lance almost always broke in charge and contrary to popular opinion, if enemy lines were not broken in charge, knights didnt continue to fight there, but just turned right and disengaged. If lines were broken, it was time for sidearms, not limited to swords and not limited to one sidearm per knight.
That is when things went well and knights were not retarded, which french knights often were and even contemporary military commanders complained about them racing on the battlefield who gets to enemy first, breaking their own lines, not disengaging and making place for another wave and generally ignoring orders of their commanders. And king endorsed it as he often rewarded the "most heroic and chivalrous" of them, despite they ignored orders. Also interesting thing, fast forward to late 15th and early 16th century, when armor got so good, that not even lances were reliably able to penetrate it, commanders often ordered homme de armes to target horses, as it was much more likely to kill them and it was still what we would call these days mobility kill. Ofc chivalrous french knights regularly refused that order because it was not honorable and so the commanders dont realize they did it, they just threw their lances away.
/end of blogpost

>tfw get completely wrecked by bots
>haven't even tried real players yet
i want to enjoy it, but i just can't get the rhythm down. should i just return it?

They need to nerf fient and morphing it's bullshit.
It remains to be seen if they will do anything about the block system it's just not fun

>Mail? Mail doesn't save you from spears
Unless we're talking about awl pikes then yes it does.
The spear tip is too fat to poke between the links and it'll take a really strong thrust to break the damn thing. It's why swords and arrows became more pointy and thin in their tips. Even then they weren't great.

I mean, big groups of halberd and spear users and a couple archers on each side would be most effective if you wanted to meta frontline, but that's never gonna happen. Like you said, you can't get 64 people to agree on anything anyway, so fronline will forever be free of meta. Even if one really good guy dominates the place with his meta build, all it takes is one or two dedicated fire pot throwers (or some other harassment) to stop him from having much of an impact.

>t. 10 hours in the game
Just taking turns attacking and blocking until someone fucks up or runs out of stamina gets dull real quick. Feints, drags and morphs exist precisely so that this doesn't have to happen.

Sounds like you were on a shitty duel server. There's some real freaks playing this game, and unless you got 1000 hours on Chivalry, you're not gonna just walk in and do alright against them.

That's why I rush in and don't fall for their tricks but it's still tedious
The games still too slow and as op said it just gets old really quick I'm 20 hours in and no longer feel like playing

>die in the first minute
>have to sit there and do nothing for 5 minutes until the round ends
Great lesson indeed

bots are very different from regular players, they play very aggressively and read better than players do

Pretty sure the longsword became popular as plate armor did
Longswords became popular in the later part of the Roman Empire because their majority barbarian-born legios preferred the Spatha to the gladius.
That, or it was cheaper to produce, I can't remember which.

Attached: 00a.jpg (569x871, 278K)

>>die in the first minute
there's your problem

>play as bowman, can't hit shit
The way I play bow is to get within 5-10m of the enemy. I don't play hug-a-tower and try to snipe people. When they come at you, you use your cleaver. I average around 20-25 kills a frontline but I mostly get 30-40 assists.

No skirmish round lasts 5 minutes. They tend to be over within 1 or 2 you impatient zoomer. Also don't be the first to die rushing in.

Fighting bots is good in that you learn for instance, how fast a billhook can attack and things like that. However fighting bots is terrible practice because they don't behave like humans at all, just walking forward 99% of the time, and every fight is you against like 12 bots at a time. In PvP typically the worst you'll find yourself in for any period of time is a 1v3 maybe 1v4. If you're routinely in worse situations than a 1v3 you need to pick your battles better.

Go on a frontline server and use a spear, sit just behind your teams front line and only poke. When you see an opening, poke em, when your team's numbers are dwindling and you are vulnerable, run away and leave all your friends to die, this is fine.

Sitting in a back line shows you how people commonly behave in teamfights, and you'll organically learn what openings can be exploited under the relative safety of your enormous reach.

Also aim for the head, always aim for the head.

The better armor got, the less people used shields. In 15th century armored knight pretty rarely used shield on battlefield, they were used in tournaments though, but it was more to show from where and who participants are, not for protection.

>Get into a 1v1 with a block & parry dullard
>Get some hits in because they can't deal with morphs
>Get zweihändered into the back by a third wheel before landing the final hit
Every time.

If you've never played the game before and trying to learn you probably wont be one of the last people standing

>tiny map
>can see what the enemy team is doing within 10 seconds of the round starting
>still see some fucking brainlet run into a 1v4 that was telegraphed from the beginning of the round

Go back to frontline little babby

Heavy armor Shield + meme one handed weapon like spear or something else and a shitton of longspears and executioner's sword

There's no reason to not use full armor + shield tho, unless you're maining a two handed heavy weapon that blocks you from it.

Bro I'm just shitposting.

Because it was the best they had. What else you gonna wear?

I've been arguing pro shields this entire thread, but plate wearers definitely used shields the least, as their armor was generally sufficient and it opened up an extra hand to use on 2h weapons.

A spatha is not a longsword.

Prove it, tough guy.

Attached: 1352491319976.jpg (456x522, 28K)

I played Mordhau for the first time today. I was in the middle of a team fight, chopping some guys’ head off, when this dude comes up behind me and kicks me in the stomach. That was it. He got me into the corner. My hand went through his, I'm like, "OK, I got him." I picked up my knife and started to take the knives out, and when they went into my hand there is a guy screaming for blood and there is someone holding a big knife that's full of blood in his hand so that's when I just pulled my knife out and stabbed him in the chest and then I ran away.

And it was one of those moments, that was when everyone started running. I didn't want to get hit by guys for no reason. I wanted to stay alive, so I ran. I ran around them, down the stairs to my room, where I hid under the bed, and it's just after 6am and they're calling it a day.

>that guy who insists on running around shirtless like a barbarian but dies everytime in one hit from literally everything

Attached: 1512701076326.jpg (403x395, 22K)

What the fuck

>prove it
it isn't long
BTFO

Nah mate, mail protects against cuts mainly. Stabs go through pretty well. Awls were made to puncture plate.

youtube.com/watch?v=NGSL7XApz2s

It's extra humiliating when that guy kills you though.
Which is probably the point for the barbarian.

What the literal fuck are you going on about?

post kniggas

Attached: rogueknigga.jpg (677x927, 92K)

where was the bell air or walk the dinosaur?

He just needs to git gud. Soon the peasants will rise up and dominate the armor wearing knights.

Attached: 20190510192333_1.jpg (1920x1080, 636K)

>Longsword length
>33 to 43 inches
>Spatha length
>29 to 39 inches

Attached: 1351463267334.jpg (524x542, 35K)

You don't block off every exit, only side paths or you leave a gap/way to climb over.
A great example of where to do this is on Grad, the left side of the stable control point when playing as blue.
Barricade off the little gap between the castle wall and the stable building. Anyone trying to sneak around instead of entering the moshpit will get shat on.

Attached: 7d388a31a7cfa6cf1580d7aaeb250013.png (999x508, 438K)

Attached: knigga.jpg (631x937, 117K)

Because "longsword" refers specifically to a range of medieval swords.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longsword

Longsword is a two-handed weapon dummy. Spatha is more like an arming sword.

guy came out a little like highlander

Attached: 629760_screenshots_20190510200145_1.jpg (1920x1080, 209K)

Replied to wrong post?

>play peasant
>equip pitchfork
>absolutely dominate everyone harder than before since they underestimate you but the pitchfork is basically a discount spear
It's just a good reminder that all you really need is a pointy stick. All this fancy sword fighting is nice and all but nothing beats the good old pointy stick.

>no claymore

How do you make them hold their sword like that

Majula... home...

Attached: Untitled.jpg (409x850, 97K)

found the "I swing wildly left and right with an executioners sword tking everyone" shitter

Attached: 1507657183277.png (344x423, 161K)

>people that use inches for things over a yard
get cancer

thats a good suggestion. i fixed it

Attached: knig.jpg (677x941, 336K)

They randomize a couple different poses.

I think i just dueled you some hours ago

How the fuck you have hoarded 65k for that helmet?

>60,000 for a helmet
What level are you?

you can block projectiles with a sword, shieldfag

That doesn't happen for me. What control scheme does it say you're using?

level 35, about 100 hours played.

i can be ur angle or ur devil

Attached: guys.png (587x666, 627K)

Attached: 20190511033610_1.jpg (1364x285, 49K)

hat in time is tranny trash

Haven't been on for over a day though, but all I really play on is duel servers

Oh so you've just been frugal I take it. Very nice loadout user

if i just hack at someones shield, how many hits does it take for them to run out of stamina and drop the shield?

>mfw killing ennemy lute fags and they get mad in chat
>Epic "bard bodyguard" teamkills me
>Start a votekick
>He gets kicked

Play the game instead of getting mad people are.

Attached: 1537849454897.png (303x311, 181K)

Not really, I got quite a bunch of other stuff. Thanks though.

There should be a perk that lets you perform either a jumping kick or a more instant donkeykick. It would allow Kung-Fu meme builds and would help alleviate some of the shield complaints.

i fucking love killing bard fags just because they get so pissed off

Best way to kill ganking shieldfags is to riposte their teammates attack but turn and hit the shieldfag instead.

Most of the time they cant believe they've been hit and either run away or just never drop their shield again until you kill their teammate.

Usually too many. It's nest to morph or riposte something into a surprise kick.

I don't mind chambering because it has skill to counter your opponent's attack with your own rather than flailing madly (Except stabbing - I think stabbing ought to have been chambered by an up-down swing to knock it out of the way). Feint annoys the shit out of me but that's partially because I play in third person and I am not git gud enough to handle it.

If shields get a bash I want a bash for polearms.

>NOOOOOO NOBODY KILL LUTEBRO STOOOOP REEEE
Set these faggots on fire, they did this gay shit in M&B, and now they're here. Why the fuck are they even playing this game just to be faggots like this?

You know someone is good when they are feinting kicks.

I always use the excuse that I only kill bards that play bad. Puts the ball in their court and can even be interpreted as roleplay.

This, I won't stop my cleave unless that bard is lutebotting me some DOOM or something.

>play a Kern warrior with a zweihander, some shorts and a leather skirt and fuck all else
>go 24 and 8
I’m happy with it

You can feint kicks?

Best way to kill them is with jumping overheads. Most shield niggers are so bad that they won't aim their shield upwards.

People have already figured out how to do the spins, and how to abuse the toolboxes.

attention

welp I'm not going through the same autism and rage fueled months I had with Chivalry and For Honor, I'm done with playing games you have to NOT have fun with in order to become comptetitive

Spins don't are only good for getting stabbed in the head by any half-decent player you retard

like every fighting game in existance ever

They can't actually see very well while the shield is up. I do a lot of jumping stabs to the head on them, they love it.

ive gotten into fights where we back-and-forth block or chamber every single one of eachothers attacks. i guess at some point we'd run out of stamina and drop our weapons, but that seems stupid compared to morphs being able to break the stalemate

Another "I'm a scrub at the game yet I know the best thread"

*Sip* Aahh...

Attached: 1547698106476.jpg (819x1024, 176K)

What game mode do you prefer to play? I like Frontlines a lot but I wish they would balance the maps more. Other than that I'll do skirmish for some tryharding, but often get frustrated at my team for abandoning my flank and then I have to wait for the round to end.

Attached: dang.png (343x342, 19K)

mordhau if you are a man, hat in time if you're a tranny
found the child and/or tranny
based and redpilled

People who say there is a "meta" are people who only play on duel servers. They don't play any other game mode. I can go rapier + buckler or halberd or mace or zweihander and go 42 and 9 if the other team is full of shitters, but if there are decent players on the other team then my ratio drops to about 1.00. I also have problems with axe fags chopping legs and spinning around because I can't get the timing of their swing down.

No game is perfectly balanced.

For Honor in its current state is using 2-3 same, least risky, unpunishable moves over and over again. Kill yourself idiot.

NO DISGUSTING KN*GHTS ARE GETTING IN HERE
LET ME SHOOT HELMETLESS COSPLAYERS IN PEACE
FUCKING KN*GHTS I SWEAR
DAY OF THE CROSSBOW SOON LADS

Attached: 20190510203416_1.jpg (1920x1080, 530K)

The real frontline meta is getting the bloodlust perk and targetting the weakest players first. That juicy 100hp refill

Attached: consider the following.jpg (500x375, 60K)

Feinting/morphing is way easier to detect in this game, because the animations aren't a janky mess like in chiv. You also have more/better tools against it, and they can't be dragged in some ridiculous fashion either.

>Playing against a skilled played
>Start by morphing a slash into a stab
>Blocked
>Try to switch up timings with halfing my greatsword and with drags
>He blocks everything
>Starts to get agressive when my stamina is low
>Kills me since I can't block

is there a more honest combo than mace/buckler?

Attached: 629760_20190510203840_1.png (1920x1080, 1.08M)

I can't detect messer or zwei fakes too well, it always fucks me up

I'm still staying away from the game because I'm pretty sure it's just going to end up like another chivalry. I'm a casual shitter and just want a fun melee brawl fest, not some ubercompetitive 4d chess reverse backslash hitbox manipulation.

As much as I hate the zwei and think it's a faggot's weapon the chief reason is just because it's the perfect "Rush in and stab someone distracted". It's not like it's a big problem in a 1v1 the way a rapier is. I still got the impression the Zwei was about swinging and not thrusting IRL, given it was for anti-pike warfare. The rapier is the sole "This is fucking wrong" weapon I've encountered. Try it yourselves if you doubt it because you can just dumb thrust and face-hug anyone and you'll get kills like crazy.

My biggest issues with my team in frontline is:
#1 through #20 - NOT GETTING ON THE FUCKING POINT WHEN IT IS CONTESTED.
Dumb cunts never fucking understand that a point being contested means you cannot spawn on it, which pushes you back to the previous spawn which almost guarantees you'll lose the point if they come with any meaningful numbers. The minute you see the point being drained you get the FUCK back to that point unless you are liable to cap their point faster.

Then getting in your way - either blocking you from retreating or running over to get hit by a swing in what had hitherto been a 1v1. If you want to help you need to go out off to the side or rear and then come in. Not rush up behind someone and get right next to them to stab the guy in front of them.

Morphing is easy to catch but feinting has been hard as shit. I'll see people seem to straight up flourish the way they effortlessly go for an attack-feint-stab you. While I swear whenever I feint it takes forever before I can do my next attack.

Good luck wearing any sort of decent armor/weapon combination with the cost of that perk though.

its so good. Remember to throw your mace every once and a while when they're not expecting

just longsword

Zwei is the most chiv like with its drags I suppose, but messer shouldn't be a huge issue. Maybe you just gotta get used to it?

Why do so many idiots keep falling for the ol' arming sword throw to the face?
I swear I get so many kills on helmetless dumbasses trying to charge me by just pressing R while aiming slightly above their face

2/2/2 with a longsword does ok

Attached: bloodlust.jpg (345x151, 12K)

>Morphing is easy to catch but feinting has been hard as shit. I'll see people seem to straight up flourish the way they effortlessly go for an attack-feint-stab you. While I swear whenever I feint it takes forever before I can do my next attack.
Just don't respond to their bullshit. Wait for all the silly wiggles to finally turn into an attack and parry that shit at the last possible second (or chamber into morph it, preferably). All they're doing is wasting stamina with all that fancy shit as long as you're intent on parrying at the absolute last moment anyway.

>join server with less than ten people
>game ends immediately when i joined
>next game only 1 guy stayed
>1v1 frontline
>as luck would have it, we're practically equal in skill
>ton of back-and-forth ground taken and lost
>he was a little more consistent and ended up winning
that was pretty damn fun

>The rapier is the sole "This is fucking wrong" weapon I've encountered.
The problem is, rapier only does good damage when thrusting, and thrusts are super easy to chamber. Just wait for the thrust, chamber -> morph into slash -> accelerate it by leaning into its direction to connect it before they can stab you again.

that entire setup is pure kino

The problem is that rapier has both a really fast stab and extremely short recovery after getting chambered.

shields are completely retarded
they protect way more that they look like they should

Not short enough, you just have to morph your chamber into a slash, otherwise their next thrust will chamber you back.

thanks, went for that sellsword turned bandit look

Attached: b63ab49628f8b256f73783d5d14aa994.jpg (1500x1031, 561K)

Is there some kind of training mode where I can practice my parrying/chambering?

That only works once with dedicated rapierfags because they'll remember and then just fuck you with other shit while their buddy comes and smacks you in the back of the head.

Scimitars when?

Attached: 120255.jpg (650x650, 22K)

They don't have other shit. Like I said, only the thrusts do damage. A rapier slash to the torso does 15 fucking damage to plate, and every time a thrusts comes out you punish. If you can't win the fight from there, you need to get a little bit gud.

As for buddies smacking you in the back of the head, that goes for him too.

One of the messer blades is pretty close.

They are manageable, what I actually want to see someone do with shields is have 5 people crouch infront of 5 spear users and wreck shit. Shields have a use, they are for thick fighting, they really just need to have hitboxes that are the size of the shield, not a bubble infront of you. It would mean that picking certain shields is warranted, like picking the larger shield has more coveraged but is more narrow, the targe has better head coverage but fuck all for leg protection without aiming, it could also pave the way for more shield types.

Local Match, add some bots
You can also open up the ~ console and AddBots/RemoveBots as you please to one or both teams (you'll need that RemoveBots command for when it keeps adding asshole archer bots).
Some bots are fucking retarded, but others are of a higher skill level and will actually incorporate more advanced moves. Their defenses aren't very good, but you can still parry and chamber them all day.

>be lute fag but carry a spear around on my back
>see fag coming for me
>kill him and play on his corpse
pretty good feeling tb.h

Attached: 1510384945545.png (569x808, 755K)

just found out they gave everyone a full refund who bought it from their website instead of steam, but you get to keep the game. i don't plan on playing this anymore, but free game, they didn't even email anyone about this

>This is what lutefag actually believe

oh nonono

phillipinos are the most powerful race in the world because historically nobody was able to counter their use of rapiers and shields

But that literally gives no advantage

you can also morph kicks

>meta weapons
If you mean pokey shit like rapier, estoc and the spears then yeah sure, they are annoying to deal with.

HOWEVER. They all kneel before the mighty MAUL.

???

If someone does morph spam just focus on blocking it, morphing costs alot of stamina and they will be easy to kill the moment they get low enough. Seriously, if you see someone do nothing but morph, dont attack, block, they are actively contributing to their own defeat doing this repetidly.

Shields being a bubble infront is fucking retarded. They need to block only what they physically would. Lower/Raise cost as needed if the shield covers a small or large surface area.

>want to be a greatsword Chad but it's shit compared to the longsword and absolute garbage compared to similar point investment weapons
It's not unusable but cmon

Recently discovered this with the axe and just doing uppercuts, it comes out wierd and most people dont expect it. Kindof stupid but Im still enjoying the game doing whatever.

>Trying to learn how to chamber
Am I just a boomer with shitty reaction times or is this shit nigh impossible until you see they're just repeating an attack angle?

>Bobby B is a team-killer.
WTF?! I AM WITH HER NAO!!!

Attached: 214356867896.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

Use the alt mode on the greatsword and poke people, they never expect the speed switch mid fight, against some weapons it is faster and can simply intercept them mid swing. That said, I prefer longsword simply because of its sheer utility
>cut a fool not wearing armour for decent damage
>bonk knights wearing armour for decent damage

Wut? Greatsword is fine.

You forgot
>look swag as fuck
>best skin is also cheaper than most other weapon skins
>special emote that you can kill people with for maximum insult

Its easy as shit to parry thrusts, anything else is almost pure luck, especially if they are using morph attacks.

It's almost as easy as parry. You need to look in the attack direction to parry anyway, so instead of hitting parry, you hit attack and you already got it.

Also, toggledamage and togglestamina are pretty handy in console if you want to practice chambers and morphs without running out of gas or having to wait for respawns.

The damage is pretty low for its speed, the billhook is much better for the same price.

>anything else is almost pure luck
Sorry but, legit git gud. If someone isn't feinting, morphing, or dragging very well, I will parry with 95% consistency.

Chivalry fags should be banned on sight.

So should meme builds with lutes, rocks and dumb clothes.

Lutes yes, but leave rocks out of this. They are pure.

>play double short spear
>just chucking it at other dudes fighting, collect spears from the corpses
>hit teammate in the back, yank it out of his body

God I love it

No, fuck cowards that throw rocks and just run behind team mates only to try to stab you in the back when you focus his friends.

>Not playing hobo builds
Blue pilled as fuck

Pirate a hat in time

stop being an IQ-let

>I'll see people seem to straight up flourish the way they effortlessly go for an attack-feint-stab you. While I swear whenever I feint it takes forever before I can do my next attack.
i usually use block instead of Q to cancel an attack because its easier, but it adds some time to the equation, are you using Q?

>not surrounding your friendly bards turning them into vip escort objectives

>spot a shield-tard diving on teammates, we kill his friends
>it's 3v1 now and he's just backpedaling with shield up
>we all start whacking the shit out of him
>'surely his stamina has to run out soon'
>takes a full 20+ seconds of 3 people w/ 2h weapons constantly hitting him for him to drop the shield
>by that time he has backup
Sleepy gameplay. This game needs a counter to shields

This game needs voice chat

This wouldn't happen if block+backpedal wouldn't negate the stumpy-ass kicks that stop you on your tracks.

The reason to not use full armor is for either bloodlust or dodge + jump perks. Those are 5 points each.

Going for an archer hunter class, can a crossbow with huntsman oneshot unarmored/light armor?

Attached: Mordhau-Win64-Shipping_2019-05-10_21-34-07.png (1920x1080, 1.42M)

You could have surrounded him, or if he has his back to a wall, start kicking him to death.

Nah, adds to the fun just being able to fuck people up with your meme builds without having to listening to screeching retards on the mic

No.

Whats the best way to grind cash?

At most i will approve of a text to voice function

yup. kicks are the one thing that gets through shields and it's slow, often predictable and roots you in place. on top of that, it makes you vulnerable if you whiff

not really possible when you're in an open area and he has teammates respawning in behind him

duel servers
if you dont suck

Everything does damage and not everyone wears 3 armor. Like I said, rapierfag only has to keep you busy until his friend comes over and bashes your skull in with a maul. I've gotten 20+ assists in a match just from keeping people busy with rapier while a teammate strolls by and chops their head off with the executioner blade.

Sure does, i've been doing a medic/archer hunter thing for a few days now.

Attached: ss+(2019-05-10+at+09.49.14).jpg (497x787, 105K)

frontlines will net you way more kills if you aren't terrible at the game.

Not him, but how are duel servers? Are they good for noob practice? Or is everyone on them some fucking jedi knight by now?

Rapier fights are over extremely quick, not the best way to keep people busy.

dude what

Attached: 1472401934857.gif (500x348, 478K)

>play duel server
>get 800 gold for like 20 minutes
>only had 4th place

Attached: 224.jpg (994x995, 163K)

Frontline is best followed by horde. Duel servers take too long.
Duel servers are fun for 1v1, but you'll get angry in other game modes if you take it too seriously. One of the best feelings is harvesting salt from duel server fags in TDM and frontline for "ruining their 1v1".
>DUDE THAT WAS A 1v1
>not a duel server
>ROKJSHJGJHSFDGOIJSOIGHJVSODFGVHUgsofdivj
That's because you rarely bump into pro rapier strats like mine.

>tfw almost top score in tdm with a scythe
now this is crop harvesting season

Attached: BkUuHx3IAAEvTrQ.jpg (595x547, 67K)

Usually filled with tryhards, but its the only way to actually get good at the game. I hung out on a duel server for a day and now it feels like 90% of frontline players can't even touch me. Groups still fuck you up though.

every single Frontline game you get someone complaining in the chat about getting gangbanged. what nerds

>That's because you rarely bump into pro rapier strats like mine.
I call bullshit. What's your pro rapier strat?

>50/64 players
>server full
what was meant by this

Attached: knigas.png (1396x948, 1.17M)

how's the damage on that thing?

>someone tells them to stop running into groups
>the salt just intensifies

Attached: 1539676710377.jpg (444x443, 20K)

That means the server has 14 spear jab spammers

They are subhuman so they aren't counted in the server population tally

You server browsed for too long and it filled up in between refreshes.

you do like 10 on poke and something like 30-50 with sweep depending on armor. you get shitton of assists with peasant weapons

long spear jabs are slow as heck. if you don't block them, you aren't paying attention