Why did you abandon them Yea Forums?

Why did you abandon them Yea Forums?

Attached: then its only me.png (1920x1080, 2.09M)

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbook.com/gaming/2018/11/18/fallout-76-hitman-2-ps4-xbox-sales-bad/
vocaroo.com/i/s1ygjQtAZxmB
youtube.com/watch?v=ixWybGQnPHQ
youtube.com/watch?v=TJg6-IcKVNw
vg247.com/2017/01/30/deus-ex-series-on-hold-after-mankind-divideds-underwhelming-sales/
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=631327598
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We didn't abandon them. They were taken away from us.

>"the guy with the bandanna is dead? then it's only me"
>forgetting that agent 47 is still alive and going strong while sam himself will forever be stuck in development hell
jesus christ fisher

>loyal fanbase willing to buy their stealth games
>make them less stealthy to appeal to a wider audience
>wider audience is too casual to care and the series gets shelved indefinitely
Why did this happen to so many games at the same time? Why did none of them see that it wasn't helping the others and stop? About the only one that's left is Hitman, coincidentally because IO bought it away from Square Enix and went back to its core tenets as a stealth game.

Fisher wouldn't know who 47 is since he is so elusive.

>Why did this happen to so many games at the same time?
i personally blame smartphones and normal people getting into internet.

Not for long
comicbook.com/gaming/2018/11/18/fallout-76-hitman-2-ps4-xbox-sales-bad/
>Hitman 2 sales down 90% compared to Absolution

THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

Why is his face there so fucking terrible? Ayylmao eyes?

Absolution sold like hot cakes, but Hitman isn't doing too bad. They opened up a new studio not too long ago.

Attached: Screenshot_20190226-212238_iFunny .jpg (1009x932, 374K)

Nobody remembers or cares about Syphon Filter, and I say that having put a couple hundred hours in the second game

I miss gabe the most, going through the first to third was a blast. Then there is Omega Strain ..

Fuck you. I played Syphon Filter before MGS.

I suspect the majority of sales for Hitman 2 were digital and on PC. It's hard to tell how much it actually sold because the PC figures are now fucked with episode 1 going free.

It can't be doing too bad if IO is able to open a second studio though.

Stealth games used to have a wider audience because people would buy them as surrogates for action titles. I think the audience for pure stealth games is incredibly small.

Thats also because the 90s and early 2000s had spy intrigue be really popular and the cold war just ended. Nowadays nobody cares about tactical espionage anymore

what i would give to be able to play these games for the first time again...

Yeah, spy shit was all the rage then. Mission Impossible, Spy Kids, all the spy toys and books and shit that were out.

this is true, also 1 and 2 were the only good games in the franchise

> no gareth
Thiefcucks BTFO

>Gareth

he's literally in the image

Garrett is literally in the picture, you blind autistic retard. Next to Sam Fisher and below old Snake.

Maybe it's best they stay dead, until the industry crashes

Attached: 1445921544800.jpg (1920x2170, 944K)

Syphon kino

Attached: xq9Xqca.gif (320x240, 513K)

I play on average 10-20 hours of SC/Thief every week.

Attached: Implying.jpg (159x316, 13K)

The original trilogy was PSX kino. I still remember Logan.

How the fuck do you play Pandora Tomorrow? I cannot get it running on Windows 10. I put the discs in and it just crashes.

i like to play video games.

47toasting.jpg

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they announced new Metal Gear by the time they announce new Splinter Cell.
Reminder that both Metal Gear and Hitman actually had games this gen, unlike Splinter Cell.

I forgot him, and now I feel sad. And guilty

There isnt much traditional stealth in Hitman, I couldn't classify at the same genre as mgs, thief or splinter cell

They added this gun as an Easter Egg weapon in Days Gone

>There isnt much traditional stealth in Hitman
>what is SASO
Not to mention MGS can be labeled as action game as much as stealth game.

I never did

Attached: 1553563157784.gif (474x354, 384K)

Untrue. Shame that the chances of a reboot are slim after Bend Studio''s Days Gone.

when someone mentions syphon filter all i remember is running around in a subway and tasering people.

Played the first 3 on Ps1. Loved em back in the day.

Played the 4th one on Ps3 via US PSN purchase, shame about the lack of online for it anymore. Would have been great to see that on PS4 again.

Never played the PSP or PS2 ports of the last two games. I want the series back, hell use the fucking Uncharted engine if you have to (would be great for vehicle chase shenanigans you could add to the series.

That just shows how stealthy he is.

Why did you include Metal Gear characters in an image about stealth games?

I'm pretty sure my first playthrough of SF3 was wholey done with the taser because I was having trouble with the opening hotel sniper fight, discovered the taser was much easier to use, and decided to stick with it.

Unpopular opinion:
Despite loving the SC games when they came out going back made me realise they are some of the most linear games of all time
You basically walk down hallways while crouching down, ducking into alcoves occasionally to let guards pass.
Now I'm not saying they should go full open world meme, but compare levels like the NK missile silo to Thief 2s vastly more open level design and you should realise what I'm trying to say

IF THESE BIRDS DON'T SHUT THE FUCK UP I'M GOING TO DRINK STOVE CLEANER. SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU LITTLE MOTHERFUCKERS I WAS TRYING TO SLEEP

His preceding line was to ask about an infiltration agent like him who wore a bandana, who recently "retired." Which other character might Sam be referring to?

Rambo of course.

I haven't abandoned Snake. His words always stay with me, and his legacy makes itself known in many of my projects.
vocaroo.com/i/s1ygjQtAZxmB

Attached: solid mgs1.jpg (225x360, 13K)

It would specifically be Solid Snake, though some people mistakenly associate with Big Boss as well. At this point in time, it's post MGS4. Solid has formally retired for good.

youtube.com/watch?v=ixWybGQnPHQ

I fucking hate this.
It's cool that his fans get to laugh and that he makes a buck by using his Snake voice for stuff, but it's so out of character that it bothers me.

Attached: 1439429840856.jpg (470x774, 76K)

youtube.com/watch?v=TJg6-IcKVNw

its not like hes going to be voicing snake again any time in the future but i get what you mean.

lel. i hadnt seen that one.

>Comparing it to Shitsolution

Fuck off, Mike Ybarra.

Attached: DimGraciousGrub-size_restricted.gif (500x281, 3.05M)

It's not like it's official, plus Snake's ass is famous

Attached: snass.jpg (400x315, 34K)

>bandana
I hate the fact that I randomly unlocked the bandana in GRW from a free lootbox and they don't even let you have it in the color red. John Rambo is literally more stealthy than Solid Snake.

Ahem

Attached: adam-jensen-deus-ex-mankind-divided-23.7.jpg (210x240, 13K)

Maybe Breakpoint will have it

Stealth games are too hard for your average casual gamer who make up the majority of consumers.

lol
vg247.com/2017/01/30/deus-ex-series-on-hold-after-mankind-divideds-underwhelming-sales/

Have you tried the easy mode of the new Hitman games? It makes the game pretty damn accessible. Even the normal mode isn't even remotely hard.

Its sad how accurate the bottom image is for Blacklist.

i really enjoyed my playthroughs of mgs and splinter cell games in the past but just dont have the patience to play them anymore.

>Windows 10
Yikes.
And I had no issues.
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=631327598
That guide covers everything.

I will never forget sam fisher. First splinter cell was great. I loved in the final mission the explicit order you are given. I loved how hard the cia infiltration mission was. Having to use thermal vision to navigate through the slaughterhouse.
Was sad that michael ironside left the franchisem

What are the chances that SIE Bend Studio will revive Syphon Filter after Days Gone?

Ironside no longer has any issue returning to voice Sam. He couldn't be in Blacklist simply because of his cancer at the time.

sam is too old for field work though.

what do you actually want to see in a new splinter cell
considering the cinematic bullshit all AAA games want to do nowadays, I hope that they take cues from MGSV for any cinematography

Attached: 1555868427632.png (346x357, 169K)

I agree. He should have become the leader of 3rd Echelon after Conviction.

Give it back. They were ours. We built them dammit.

I wouldn't let anything related to Metal Gear anywhere near a stealth game franchise desu

splinter cell could take some hints from MGS3s camo, just make it less video game-y