STEAM BTFO!?

neowin.net/news/the-division-2s-pre-order-numbers-are-up-from-the-original-even-without-steam/

Do we know how many pre-orders there were for division 1 on steam/uplay originally? Any actual numbers of ANY kind?

>could have gone from 40k preorders to 44k preorders.
>could have gone from 500k preorders to 2mil preorders.
>literally either one could be true, even though each one would lead to radically different conclusions

Without any actual numbers, we don't know if this is a legitimate increase in preorders despite not being on steam or whether it's literally meme numbers being thrown around to shill epic store.

Thoughts?

Attached: preordernumbers.png (797x613, 631K)

Other urls found in this thread:

news.ubisoft.com/en-us/article/313497/the-division-sets-new-sales-records
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>February article
Fuck off

Old news and they offered another game to go with every preorder.
Anways without actual numbers this is just noise and it has no value. Only time will tell the actual power of the platform.

>Thoughts?
Based on the evidence we have conclusive proof that you're an autistic faggot and this is a shit thread.

>The Division
Tom Clancy is turning in his grave they made good games until he died then BOOM shovelware

>they made good games until he died
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
W E W

All these "epic is better" articles never give actual numbers and it's always bought exclusivity so you can't even compare numbers.

While the entire existence of ubisoft making good games is questionable. Rainbow Six 3 shits all over seige and Ghost Recon 2 shits all over wildlands

>Ubisoft went Epic exclusive just to increase purchases from Uplay
Pretty smart desu

There's no point comparing old R6 and GR to Siege and Wildlands the modern games are practically a different genre entirely

Good

Fuck steamcels

What is fun spands genres and even mediums my good sir, I'm sure theres kids in Africa playing with dirt and rocks having more fun than either of us currently

>Thoughts?
I think Yea Forums should stop getting emotionally invested in the profit margins of the corporations that make our toys.

Imagine actually being proud and feeling like a winner just because a company to which you gave money was also given money by a certain number of other people. Brand loyalty is a mental illness.

It's literally being a walking advertisement in constant denial, the truth should be the only thing that satisfies you, the console war is for children

Forgot the thread, the launcher wars are stupid and epic is just another GWFL

The Division 1 had a FUCK TON of pre-orders on steam, so for EGS to beat those huge numbers with ease, steam's days are definitely numbered.

Who pre orders digtal games lol you usually get the preorder bonus DLCs for sale or in the GOTY edition I would like to see the amount of preorders

You have to remember that every successful game sells more copies with the sequel.Not always true for the third game in a series but look up the sales for any successful game, then look at the sales for the sequel.

>I would like to see the amount of preorders
Read em and weep, steamdrone:
news.ubisoft.com/en-us/article/313497/the-division-sets-new-sales-records
>The Division is breaking records. Ubisoft announced today that its third-person action-RPG has sold more copies in its first 24 hours than any game in Ubisoft's history. Total digital full game sales of The Division also set new, single-day company records across PC, Xbox One, PS4.

They don't specify how much of that was on epic, it was most likely console sales that saw the biggest growth.

I guarantee at least 75% of D2 players are on Uplay

>In an earnings call, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot said the pre-order numbers for the PC version are "higher than for the first Division," with the Ubisoft Store alone bringing in six times as much pre-orders than before.
>PC version are "higher than for the first Division,"

>Uplay
uplay, egs, whatever, the point is, the game doesn't NEED steam to be successful.

First of calm down smelly I don't want you to start sweating
>steamdrone
>uplay game
Literally if you do not buy your ubishit games on uplay they mock you by using Uplay anyways, just add the shortcut to your steam launcher something I highly hope epic let's you do if I'm going to believe the illusion they are a competitior. Theres nothing of substance here all I'm reading is console babies love Ubisoft games I'm sure most of Division 1s PC sales were from the humble bundle and that was for Uplay so I wanna meet the 2 million steam drones who preorder the division on steam, and I wanna slap their dumbasses

>I'm sure most of Division 1s PC sales were from the humble bundle
making shit up, huh faggot?

No but you know what would make ubisoft even more money? REALEASING IT ON ALL 3 STORES AND FUCK IT GOG then they can make more money, no one who's ever seen a vagina has ever explained why EGS and Steam can't coexist even tho steam coexists with like 10 other launchers before. EGS can literally own the whole fortnite turned me into a PC gamer crowd.

>Get an easy 5 million from Epic for exclusivity
>Sell almost all copies on your own store anyway
Ubi is playing 3d chess

Who bought the division on PC? Did you, I know I didn't, did any of my friends 10 steam accounts no, but we all have it thanks to the humble bundle, we didn't care you know why? Because the game sucked ass on xbox why would we want to play it again?
>ind4 ur not the average consumer
I'm a retard I buy games that look fun I am the average consumer.

Congrats, you're starting to learn what yellow journalism is and the fact that it never went away and journalists are all untrustworthy fucks who should be dragged out into the street and beaten with hammers.

>why EGS and Steam can't coexist
because that's not competition. People need exclusive games as a reason to choose 1 platform over another, you don't walk into taco bell and order a pizza, dummy.

Division 2 had a shitload of preorders because the beta was released to those who pre ordered and only later did Ubisoft announce an open beta for those who didn't pre-order

Attached: 4789326978342.jpg (826x815, 82K)

There's literally Taco Bells and Pizza hut Express merged together just like how you see tacobells mixed with long John silvers, AW, and KFC (all owned by PepsiCo) we live in new age capitalism KFC would rather I eat there only and be their whale then offer something McDonalds doesn't, but because food industry and the videogame industry are completely different it sounds very stupid, epic should just go for whales and if they already have the fortniters they should just reel them in

The Division 1 required Uplay, even if you bought it on Steam so everyone already had it installed.

It's natural to use a service made by the publishers of a game. It's not the same as buying exclusives.

didnt this come out already? and everyone immediately stopped talking about it

>with the Ubisoft Store alone bringing in six times as much pre-orders than before
imagine being tim sweeney and paying for an "exclusive" to cuck your own store

Don't say that the console converts who shill for epic (not shilling for gog yet saying "muh steam is DRM" as if epic and denuvo aren't still DRM) don't speak any language but exclusively they're brainwashed and too young to remember when GWFL was supposed to kill steam