We Won

We Won

Attached: Untitled02.png (850x715, 515K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tyeJ55o3El0
youtube.com/watch?v=xS7cCYsgNUA&feature=youtu.be
pcgamer.com/the-legal-status-of-loot-boxes-around-the-world-and-whats-next/
youtube.com/watch?v=6k2_wPleq0s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The irony is I think BF2 would have probably been better with Loot Boxes. If you play it now, it doesn't have too much going for it.

>wanting gubmint to step in instead of just not buying shitty games

This isn't a good thing. This will set a precedent. This will majorly fuck up other shit in the future. I hate microtransactions, but the way to fix them is not to make them illegal.

It's so funny how obvious these EA shills are.

Want me to log into my Origin account and show you exactly how many games I own? 1. Alice: Madness Returns, that's literally it.

It was only introduced. We'll win once it is law.

I am the senate

Attached: 1535082855381.png (747x475, 417K)

Fuck off
I hope there’s heavy fines and 5 years imprisonments for violations

>1 lootbox has been deposited into your Sims 3 collection

I call your bluff. Screencap or GTFO.

McTurtle doesn't allow corporate regulations to get voted on, so no law for you

Legislation brings change at the Corporate level faster than "just don't buy shitty games" ever did. We suffered through lootboxes for YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS before Belgium decided enough was enough, and THAT was the determinant. Not the bitching, not the huffs, not the whining. The legislators.

user, we already know that voting with your wallet doesn't work, because one whale is worth hundreds of you.

>but the way to fix them is not to make them illegal.
It absolutely is. Or would you rather bank on the consumer's conscience? 95% of videogame audience is either retarded children or retarded immature manbabies, neither of which are capable of making rational decisions.

When's the last time voting with your wallet actually did anything?

>We
To me this is some shitty fascist shit. Imagine having big daddy government to force you to stop gambling like a loser.

It's stupidly written under the guise that it's "harmful to children." So what will game companies do? Just add an age gate and they'll be in compliance. It's not about the original sin of gambling in video games.

You underestimate just how stupid the average consumer is.

Happy?

Attached: unknown.png (1920x1080, 392K)

>The irony is I think BF2 would have probably been better with Loot Boxes. If you play it now, it doesn't have too much going for it.
This wouldn't surprise me in the least, considering the game was made from the ground up for progression via loot boxes.

>trusting morons to not buy three billion copies of their ~favorwite~ company's game...

So... you want to protect the tards.

either that or they'll just throw money at enough lawmakers to make it go away

>waaah we need a law to restrict my freedoms
Have some self-control, loser. This is Europoor levels of retardation.

Arguably DMC5

If it becomes law, my biggest question is what’s next? Obviously they would take a huge cut in who they could(even if they wanted to)advertise to and be left with a limited audience. So the new conversation becomes, “how do we make more money now?”. That’s what I’m most curious about, IF it passes.

Now post dick

Fuck off EA shill, you'll never convince me to buy Alice Madness Returns

Based and Alicepilled

why do you think narcotics are controlled subtance?

>Imagine having big daddy government to force you to stop gambling like a loser
Kids can't legally gamble, mate. The goverment already does that

It is literally the only way lmao

more like
>we need a law to restrict the freedoms of retards

Hopefully by scaling back games so that selling it for one lump price is managable and profitable again.
The dream is that most of game budgets would go to the R&D of developing new mechanics and fun things, but I doubt it.

No. I want tards to be unable to influence trends

killed deus ex

It's just a Republican senator doing typical think of the children things. I dont expect much.

Attached: 1556482253129.gif (320x240, 246K)

based
tards buying tf2 hats led to half life episode 3 being canned

Oh really? Did we?
I still don't see my right to go on a game launching service that has a storefront, load up a review or discussion forum that all potential buyers of that product could potentially see, and shout "THE DEVS ARE FAT JEWISH KIKES WITH THEIR HEBREW TRICKS PUSHING SHEKEL AND DIMING DLC AND TRYING TO GET SALES THROUGH DISHONESTY AND DECEPTION" without getting censored or throttled.
Gamers Rights have a long way to go.

Conservative niggers get out.

EA is like a prostitute laden with stds and government now tells you "hey bro you shouldnt sex up that bitch shits fucked up"
"WAAAH I WANNA HAVE SEX"

Now that would be the dream, I don’t see it happening; but it’s better than the DLC/season pass/loot box idea that’s become so mainstream as a way to generate profits.

t.retard

I'm an adult, I want to be able to do what I want to do. And if I don't want to do something, I don't think it should be made illegal.

"Now now. You don't really want to do that now do you? Of course not! If he ever tries to sell those to you again we'll throw the book at him!"

Gamers be like: NO NO NO NO BIG DADDY GOVERNMENT SAVE US WE CAN'T CONTROL OURSELVES AND NOT BUY LOOTBOXES BAN BAN BAN TAKE AWAY OUR FREEDOM EVEN MORE

Attached: 1555907962725.jpg (480x360, 12K)

here come the trannies

copulate

>If you don't like guberment intervention you are a EA Shill.

Attached: BigDifferencesBad4.png (636x773, 16K)

You fundamentally don't understand the issue. I don't give a fuck if you want to waste your money on lootboxes. That's your brain damage.
What I care about is that because a tiny group of idiots spends stupid amounts of money on these things it is influencing how games are developed. If it takes regulation to fix that, then so fucking be it.

>regulation solves all problems
make this man president

Well the only other solution I can think of is to actively hunt down and kill whales, and that's illegal

>selling your freedom to the government
You're the type of person who hates gay rights and weed legalization, aren't you?

harming a living creature = lootboxes

lootboxes don't hurt people

well you are. I'd rather be controlled by democratically elected officials than some corporate think tanks.

I don't think it would solve the issue but it sure would be a step in the right direction.

Communism is pro government intervention, retard

>muh vote with your wallet
I agree government is not the answer.
But the entire monetary system is a fool's game, and a fool and his money are soon parted.
Rather than vote with your wallet
Why not form into an armed militia and vote with your bullets?
That way there'd be no risk of government oversight, and you could solve the problem of lootboxes with what you hold in your own two hands.

ah yes form an armed militia and get killed by the government instead, fantastic idea

They hurt my enjoyment of things. This is why I said regulation was the better solution, genius

I hate the retards who think the problem with lootboxes is protecting children. The problem is idiots spend thousands of dollars on lootboxes and so every company sticks that garbage in their games which ruins the industry for the rest of us. If it was illegal they would be forced to make single player games again.

well complaining on Yea Forums will get that shit fixed right quick

So who are the biggest offenders of lootboxes and p2w in games today? Sounds like a problem more limited to mobile games but it’s cancer either way. Not sure I’d like the government touching games but I also don’t know if we will ever hold real power as consumers in the gaming industry. Imagine the trend extending to games you actually want to play.

Government regulation in all forms is tyranny.

Well instead of having the government regulate lootboxes, have them DEregulate consumer rights advocacy groups.

Fuck off. The free market is a meme

EA

commie scum

Cool. Go live in the woods by yourself then.

Last time the government intervened we got the ESRB.

Yeah. We definitely need more of that.

Thanks to Citzens United EA and other big AAA companies will just funnel money into politics until this gets overturned and legally allowed.

Attached: Liberty Groped by Anthony Freda.jpg (448x629, 76K)

Attached: yro4sbwviy201.jpg (450x450, 27K)

>bill

let us know when that shit passes kek

Attached: 1556189278183.jpg (930x1024, 395K)

The ESRB is great, what's your issue with it?

>last time the government intervened we got a system of rating games so that one could at a glance tell whether or not a game was suitable for children
Yeah how terrible

>videogames are exclusively played by adults

Attached: laugh.jpg (384x384, 55K)

video games are a luxury not a commodity. regulating them is not tyranny.

ESRB doesn't even have an impact on games anymore. It's not like any parents pay any attention to that shit.

$0.14 has been deposited to your bank account.

How else are uninformed parents supposed to know if a game has sexual content or violence?

So the answer is a little sticker saying "this game has mtx"

It doesn't do anything. When I was little my mom thought it had to do with the games difficulty.

>So who are the biggest offenders of lootboxes and p2w in games today? Sounds like a problem more limited to mobile games but it’s cancer either way.
Have you played any recent AAA game with cancer retard?
Also yes gacha shit deserves to get fucked too.

It’s like Hollywood where they’ll tone down the movie for a lower age rating since they think that’ll sell more. You can’t tell me ESRB or CERO haven’t been awful for games

I would be fine with it if any games with microtransactions were automatically rated M for gambling.

In his defense, he didn't say you should vote with your wallet. He just said you should not buy shitty games. Regardless of whether the industry notices where you put your money, not buying shitty games is the correct way to deal with shitty games. You see, the game is shitty, and not buying it causes you not to have it, which prevents you from playing a game which is shitty. Voting with your wallet? Why the fuck would you want to vote with your wallet anyway? I don't care what other people buy, or what companies sell. I avoid purchasing shitty games just for the sake of avoiding the purchase of shitty games. There's no need to change what the industry is doing as long as there are some games which appeal to you, and there are if you look for them. Buy good games, and let idiots buy bad games. You shouldn't care about the release of some game with loot boxes unless you're going to play it.

But why though?

I won't be a rating and it won't be M.
It would be full on show me your ID 18+ to buy this thing.

I play mostly older games, and I haven’t noticed lootboxes or scams in the ones I have played.

not a little sticker. make game covers like those new smokes packs with grueling photos but instead it has pictures of slot machines or roulette table and reads gambling factoids

>less freedom is good
Thats why

That's how M rated games are supposed to be dude. I have been asked for my ID to buy an M rated game multiple times.

>Buy good games, and let idiots buy bad games. You shouldn't care about the release of some game with loot boxes unless you're going to play it.
This shit doesn't live in a vacuum.
We've already seen it bleed into good games for fucksake.

Bills are proposed all the time and nothing comes of it because government isn't efficient and I'm sure the big publishers like Activision will also hire lobbyists

you dont want goverment to regulate what you can and cannot see in games.
we're good now, but they wont stop here. especially when they see that they can influence young generation into thinking their way

Something could happen here because the big tech companies of which EA is one all donate to democrats and republicans control the Senate where this is being proposed. I could also see a few democrats like Warren voting for it. If republicans take the house in 2020 it could totally happen.

LUL. Suck a dick EA.

But companies only care about making money, not about making good games. Companies that use to make good games make shitty cash grabs now. There's no incentive to make quality product when you can just make trash, cut it up into pieces and sell it individually and milk dumbfucks for loads of money.

>N-NO NO LET US PUT GLORIFIED GAMBLING IN OUR GAME
Fuck off already shill

Oh yes, the old "mtx are gambling" argument, even though by definition they aren't. You are putting money into a system and always getting something out. You can't exchange what you receive for real world money (at least not in-game; third party shit is irrelevant)...

Not gambling. The government won't go for that. Next?

Ancap retards should off themselves

You give them an inch they'll take a mile. Next they'll be trying to ban any game with big tit girls. The government is shit.

Private corporations are already trying to do that though.

Indie games are the future of gaming, with the occasional good AAA game, so get used to it.

>Next they'll be trying to ban any game with big tit girls
The industry itself is beating them to it

Slippery slope BS.

time for the helicopter commie/fascist

Attached: 1488770961065.jpg (1024x1024, 91K)

You are using a legal definition of gambling not the actual definition. By definition it is absolutely gambling. You are placing in money and getting a random result. Yes the law does not consider this gambling but that's exactly why a new law is being proposed to deal with it.

>bleed into good games
Then they're not good games.

Buy what you like. Don't buy what you don't like. You're implying that we are in danger of reaching a point where the industry only makes what you don't like, but this isn't the case. Perhaps you just haven't looked past the top ten games on Twitch. Although, to be fair, maybe loot boxes really are a problem if you have such bad taste that you only play the types of games which beg to have loot boxes put into them.

>I only play AAA games
That sounds awful. I'm sorry.

I would trust the government way more than Jewish private corporations. Only a dumb right wing pol bigot would disagree

They can't ban big hit girl games because we have the 1st amendment. Gambling isn't speech which is why they can ban it but big titty anime girls is considered speech with the 1st amendment.

How do these companies enforce anything without the power of the government? The government is the only thing stopping me from breaking laws and patents, right? If you have a train monopoly, how do you stop me from using your tracks without the government?

>AAA games are the only thing with lootboxes / cashgrabs

>thinks the government won't use the legal definition of gambling... when determining if something is gambling

Changing the legal definition for games would change the legal definition for everything and fuck up so much shit in the real world. Get out of here.

>voting with your wallet doesn't work
>EA BF2 and other games fucked over by people refusing to engage in the BS

>how do you stop me from using your tracks without the government?
With bullets

a bill being introduced doesnt mean anything

it will be lobbied out of commission just like any other law that gets in the way of super rich mega corps

I don't get how anyone can defend Loot boxes and microtransactions.

>Vote with your wallet/ don't buy it.
My single vote means nothing over the thousands of votes of retards and whales. Not to mention that games that could be good are driven into the ground by shitty microtransactions making them unplayable for all but a few, and large companies buying out small companies and driving them into the ground with this dumb bullshit.

>Hurr durr big brother.
I don't really care who's shoving their dick down my throat, I'd prefer that there's not a dick at all. The whole point of a free market is that it is the most efficient way of progressing and making the best product possible. If your free market makes an objectively shit product than maybe you should stop blindly following you're shitty ancap ideology and think about things logically.

Man, I miss old Yea Forums. You would've have seen as many pro-corporate cocksuckers back then.

Explain?

They're not trying to define this as gambling they are just trying to ban it outright without defining it as anything.

Name one successful ancap nation

>private companies can’t make the product they want if it makes man babies cry because they didn’t get the Han Solo skin they wanted

Attached: 3CD34DF0-6735-4661-87E0-663517E89236.jpg (200x250, 7K)

So if there's no definition... banning won't do jack shit.

I'd believe that from any other industry, and it could still happen, but video game companies tend to pocket all the extra cash. They aren't used to having to pay off politicians.

because of the massive amounts of money being made from the failed "war" on drugs lmoa

I want gubment to gas the kikes but banning lootboxes is a start i guess.

private security within the company or contracted out to someone else's company

EA did NOT change bf2 because of consumers. They changed it because multiple countries threatened to ban lootboxes because of it.

Collectively, DMC4/SE sold more than DmC since that game released

>unironically defending laisse faire capitalism

Attached: hith-the-jungle-book-cover-2.jpg (828x1200, 123K)

THERES NO NEED TO FIX ANYTHING A SOLUTION IS ALREADY IN PLACE YOU BRAINCELL DEFICIENT SPONGE

Somalia

What solution is that my good man?

>unironically thinking this bill (if passed) will kill gachashit
It will kill the global/burger versions of them but it won't actually Kill them since they're in japan

Lootboxes are a good thing when done correctly tho.

Mein Führer wouldn't have allowed lootboxes neither, i doubt they would have tried in the first place.

When have they ever been done correctly?

>WAAAH I NEED THE GOBBERMENT TO STOP ME FROM GAMBLING IN MY STAR WARS GAMES

Attached: 1506032503371.png (786x819, 828K)

T. Gacha insect

You know goddamn well it's about stopping whales from doing the gambling, which affects us all.

Name one instance

>i need the government to stop people from being able to buy shit that ruins the games i like to play, and nothing will ever take their place and the masses will wise up and stop buying repetitive Ubisoft open worlds and shitty samey multiplayer games and those trends will die too despite not being tied to mtx at all and gaming will go back to how it used to be when it was good because mtx is where all problems in gaming stem from and are poisoning the well all by themselves, unless i realize that's not true and then we need to get some 70 year old senator to suggest some other regulations about bad game design

Battlefront 2 is fun

Attached: 1526437510715.gif (420x420, 1.61M)

die nigger

Attached: 1506018689763.jpg (559x500, 24K)

>introduces bill
youtube.com/watch?v=tyeJ55o3El0

CS;Go
Rainbow Six Siege.
LoL I guess.
I dont play gachashit, but some of it probably replicates real life gacha I guess.

NOOOOOOOOO this is unconditional!!!
I want to be forced to shell out hundreds of dollars extra to access all my games content I already paid for full price. Thats how capitalism works you COMMIE KEK. FREE MARKET YASSS

Attached: eee.jpg (647x740, 54K)

Because DLC definitely didn't do that before microtransactions were a thing...

Yeah, because they will just give up and making money.

Randy Pitchford is already planning for this sort of shit, calling the microtransactions in Borderlands 3 "mini-DLCs". It won't stop no matter what changes.

I call bullshit. Gambling is still a major thing in the US. There is no way they'll outright ban lootboxes without pissing off Las Vegas or the many indians who own casinos, which in turn would activate their sjw defenders because muh racism.

>needing the government to step in because you can't raise your kids

Attached: nurcfbc90h921.jpg (400x400, 16K)

Fuck off shill

DLCs are also a cancer practice and people will get the rope for it one day
only acceptable priced additional content for the game is a proper expansion packs

>buy this skin for x amount, it comes with complimentary lootboxes to show our appreciation for your support
YEAH PROBLEM SOLVED.

Attached: 1479537257249.jpg (1920x1080, 1.02M)

>In his defense, he didn't say you should vote with your wallet. He just said you should not buy shitty games.

Stopped reading here, that is exactly what people mean when they say to vote with your wallet, it means only buy what you support. The fuck did YOU think vote with your wallet means?

Attached: DVs9cNQVMAAp29D.jpg (1111x1200, 132K)

If you do not support a possible video game industry wide crash, then you don't actually enjoy video games at all. You heard me.

Why do you think I buy majority indie games now. They're the future.

But if you think there's going to be another crash like what happened in the 80s, you are actually retarded and should shoot yourself in the gut.

Hawley is my favorite senator.

>welfarefags having an opinion
seek sunlight simp

>"This will set a precedent and fuck up games in the future"
>"GOOD, I WANT a crash, I want the future to crash and fucking burn"
>"No dude a crash won't happen"

Ok.
Whatever you do not want, I want.
I want the future of video games to suck so much ass, people start abandoning games in droves.

That doesn't prove jack shit. EA only gives games to their focus group testers.

t. former EA QA tester

>community bitches about loot boxes for ages
>someone finally does something about it
>NO NOT LIEK THAT

here we go
pic explains why they need to be banned

Attached: microtransactions.png (1946x1052, 212K)

But this would disrupt the Free Market (TM)

Pro tip: /veeee/ is not one person.

So you're saying that there's one person here who supports loot boxes?

I'm saying government interventions sets a bad precedent. Indie games are where a majority of good games are going to be in the future. And that there will not be a crash a la the crash of 83.

Yep, no such thing as buying a game from Origin.

I'm say that you aren't arguing with one schitzo. You're arguing with thousands of people some who may have found government intervention genuinelly bad, others who allways want government intervention.

The fucking shills, or idiots, or whatever they want to be called have NO fucking answers, and people are WAY past the point of putting up with their shit:

>"Don't like it don't buy it, you have the power, you can vote with your wallet by not buying it!"
Nope, completely fucking incorrect and wrong. No consumers have the power. Only the whales have the power. And it far outweights any "votes" actual people can ever give. People are past this, stop saying it.
>"But you will let the government ruin video games!"
Do you know anything about the current state of the video games industry? Nothing is going to change until the industry's condition becomes so bad, that tons of the trash and filth leaves it. The industry needs to get worse for anything to change, so you just admitted that the government having some control is for the best.
>"Don't call me a shill, I just don't want the government to get involved!"
Then abandon video games entirely, you won't be missed. You will be outlasted.
>"Stop posting this cringe shit nobody gives a fuck about the "state of the video games industry" dude go get laid"
No. If you don't give a shit about video games, then leave now. Yea Forums acts like a shithole most of the time, but deep down, we are here because we enjoy video games, and want them to be better. If you just came for the memes, there are better places you can go.

>if you're not an apple you're a banana
Corporations are yet another arm of the Israeli-controlled criminal syndicate known as the US Federal Government.

And I am saying I want that precedent.

t. European, freedom-hater

Talk to you in a year when the situation is the exact same as it is now.

In accordance with gambling laws only Pajeets should be allowed to monetize lootboxes.

No it won't be the same, it will be worse. Which is good.
>B-but the indie gam-

I want those to crash the most, fuck the indies.

>WHY NOT STOP BUYING SHIT
>the week Avengers Endgaym surpassed Titanic
No, sometimes for your own good people have to stop you.

Governement intervention is needed when people are to retarded to not go against their own interests.

does the whale force you to buy boxes? or what are you trying to say

There won't be government intervention.

Not buying shitty game isn't enough, you have to stop other people from doing it too

GOVERNMENT REGULATION BAD

By the way please extend my copyright protection to 120 years.

>this never ending nightmare has been going on for 20 years
>we dont need the government to stop this multi billion dollar illegal gambling industry, surely if we just stop playing it will fix it self

unironically isekai yourself.

Why?

Making assumptions.

>be conservative
>wah wah muh free market
>be liberal
>wah wah save me government
>be moderate
>wah wah fuck the free market and government

Fuck you all

>Wanting government to stop me from fucking you and your kids in the ass

cringe and redditpilled

How can people unironically defend corporations?

>1 person chooses to show a company that they do not approve of loot boxes, so they do not buy 1 lootbox
>1 Whale buys 100 lootboxes
>1 person gets 99 people to not buy lootboxes totaling 100 votes against lootboxes
>100 Whales buy 10,000 lootboxes

Company sees game as the most successful game they have ever had. People not buying something does nothing.

Thanks to all the people who signed my petition.

Attached: Idk2.jpg (341x219, 13K)

Imagine being so weak-willed that you need the government to step in to stop gambling.

[Two lootboxes have been deposited to your account]

Literally someone explain to me how online/videogame gambling is somehow less harmful than irl gambling
>Spend IRL money
>It's manipulative
>It's addicting
>Clearly bad for children to do
Yet because it's behind a screen that makes it ok?

Its not people that do, its shills that go "How do you do, fellow consumers". And I guess twelve year olds with brand loyalty responsible for console wars.

Except that is entirely what the bill is, it makes lootboxes have to be in more mature rated games, which changes everything. Unless you don't know the difference between a M rated game, and a T rated game? Hint: It relates to the sales and marketing.

Some don't view them as some inhuman evil?
I don't have to buy games so if there's shit I won't buy it. I don't give a fuck if someone else does, it's their freedom of choice

And? I don't get what you're getting at.

Shills pretending to be libertarians, retarded libertarians siding with the jew as usual and shitposters.

Because when people who's opinions are bad hold the most power over the industry, then they must be stopped at all costs.

Str8 communism thread.

Look up parenting

>Can't let adults decide what they do with their money, let the government do all your thinking for you

Attached: 1532746971686.jpg (693x490, 64K)

Corporations are made by people for people, they as defendable as regular people.

Ah the classic democracy doesn't work because people vote wrong.
Why do you believe your cause is just if you're in the minority?

What is this "everyone's voices are equal" nonsense? They're not. You can try sidestepping the issue all day, but plain fact is that some people are just dumber. For humanity to progress, the intellectually inferior must be steered by their betters.

>implying most retards should have freedom

Its actually more harmful because kids can gamble too in games with daddys credit card. Its the entire reason for the bill to call out what lootbox faggotry actually is.

>WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S ILLEGAL TO SELL DRUGS TO KIDS? iT'S THE PARENTS FAULT

I see a bunch of faggots are trying to pretend 'loot boxes are capitalism'. I ask you, do you even fucking play video games? It isn't 'capitalists' who push this bullshit. It's always purple haired sjw commie faggots who think they are entitled to 50$ for some ingame cosmetic garbage, it's middle class basedboys slumming it out in the games industry that think the peasents should be paying them 30+ $ a month to pay their localized port or shovelware game in which they spend almost zero effort producing. These people arent capitalists, they are straight up communists demanding the proles pay their white privilege tax. You can see it in their games, with how they interact with their communities, and how they demand you play their games the way they want you to play (and the way they want you to play is to pay up). All this shovelware garbage with macro-micro transactions would not stand up... does not stand up in a free market environment. Time and time again we see private servers for 'free to play' games out competing the official services because people are sick of the socialist taint in the official version of the game.

>"Just vote with your wallet bro! Don't buy the game!"
>says this while whales exist

Attached: 1480809267138.png (446x504, 305K)

I don't know any simpler way to explain this shit to you. The government needs to get involved when the industry is so bad that not buying a game has no affect on it at all.

>imagine thinking you can trust niggers and spics with loot boxes and self control

Then why do they actively do things to harm people?

It's illegal to sell drugs in general user

democracy never works, the ancient greeks were right.

When one person's vote has the power of 100 votes, yes its wrong and needs to be changed. You don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

Not in Cali

I thing I don't understand is how the fuck it still doesn't have matchmaking.
That doesn't have shit to do with progression or lootboxes.

democracy doesnt work period. The cult of democracy was pushed and is continously pushed by minority groups so that they can usurp power from the majority. The majority do not want to be nickle and dimed in a fucking video game. Voting with your wallet will not, does not, can not work when 1% of the player base is spending all the money keeping these systems afloat.

>Corporations are made by ((((people))) for people
ftfy

And why should it affect anything else but yourself?
Why should you have ultimate control instead of giving people freedom of choice?

So do those 100 votes force you to buy a game? If not, what's the issue?

Note to all here: the shills, or whatever they want to be called, NEVER call out the fact that whales exist. EVER.

Reminder that the only reason cars have seatbelts is because the law forces them to have them. Car companies fought tooth and nail against these laws in the 60s because they wanted to save money. And those companies pushed the exact same shit that shills push today, that the government intervening with the free market would be bad. Fuck libertarians and fuck ancaps

As someone who works at the airport, you see all manner of people and I might even agree with you that some people are so retarded, it's amazing they can tie their shoes on their own
But the fact of the matter is it's their right to do stupid shit with money

Teach your kids to not buy drugs, problem solved.

Yeah it's kinda interesting how they never seem to acknowledge them.

>Democracy is bad because the majority doesn't want something
Your post doesn't make any sense

just don't buy games
just don't buy cars

Why shouldn't McDonalds be allowed to sell poisonous burgers? It's your fault if you die from them.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on whats for dinner

Electoral college is that same sheep getting 2 votes and balancing out representation.

>The majority do not want to be nickle and dimed in a fucking video game
Okay, the majority shouldn't buy those games then. And they have the freedom to not buy them.
What's the problem?

should absolutely be regulated just like drugs and gambling

And there you go, a shill actually thinks seatbelt laws shouldn't exist. Glad you're on the wrong side of history.

Wrong. Corporations are made by people who do not want to be held liable for their actions. Corporations specifically exists to absorb liability. This is intrinsically dishonest, although not necessarily unreasonable, and therefore they should not be defended 'the same as people'. A person running a private business takes full responsibility for their business, when something bad happen to them or the business, they pay for it. The same is not so if they choose to incorporate. By using the imaginary strawman, the corporation, as a scapegoat to absolve themselves from risk, they also give up the sympathy and empathy that normally would be afforded to them.

Yeah Trump was totally the sheep in this analogy.

>daddy sets up credit card for purchases on the phone
>does not lock it with any kind of code
>hands phone to literal retard
What can go wrong?

>mcdonalds analogy
>games kill you
good analogy

>"And why should it affect anything else but yourself?"
Because according to the rules of capitalism, if something doesn't sell well or break even, then it is considered a failure. As a consumer, I have the power to choose what succeeds, and what fails, based on what I buy. If I want something to succeed, I buy it, in hopes that the company considers that purchase worth the game they made.
>"Why should you have ultimate control instead of giving people freedom of choice?"
Due to whales, I already do not have any control anyways, and I also do not have freedom of choice as well. At all.
>"So do those 100 votes force you to buy a game?"
Yes, they do. Not right away, but eventually yes they do.

Get fucked jews if you didn't want government regulations maybe you should've self regulated faggots not just
>PUT
>LOOTBOXES
>IN
>EVERYTHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

I'm not even the guy who was replying to you but you either have brain damage or you're a shill.

Still seething over the election kek

there are like unironic 3 ancaps in the entire world and theyre all furries

Know who else won?
youtube.com/watch?v=xS7cCYsgNUA&feature=youtu.be

America gives corporations the rights of a person yeah? Does that mean you can functionally arrest a corporation too?

Oh so the whales force your hand to click that purchase button
Starting to get who I'm arguing with, and it's far from a mentally stable person

I think that's you if you're somehow being forced to buy games you don't like

Reminder that if you ever bought anything in TF2/CSGO/Dota/any game that has these things, you are the bad guy

>it's their right to do stupid shit with money
not necessarily, for exemple i would love to go to wall-mart and buy a ounce of cocaine but the goverment decided that the cost of it on society as a whole is not affordable and while i don't necessarilly defend this or other similar laws the fact remains that you have to carefully balance out freedom and societal responsability/impact/cost when taking these decisions.

Even if lootboxes were in everything no one is forcing you to buy them. It's pathetic how people pretend to be powerless in this situation when you're willingly gambling.

you mean killed off

reminder, the seat belt question is an entirely different one morally speaking. First of all, the reason 'the government' made everyone wear seatbelts is because INSURANCE companies lobbied the government to do so. And they did so, not because of 'personal safety' but because insurance companies realized they wouldn't have to pay as much money to people in car accidents if they didn't get hurt so much. The MORAL question isn't about safety, but rather does the government have the authority to legalize your death. How is this related to seat belts? Because sometimes seat belts kill you. The argument isn't 'why come is not are be safe xD' it's "when did the government get the right to tell us to put nooses around our necks in order to operate machines'. The answer is never, but you were successfully propagandized into believing in a black versus white narrative of "100% car safey versus getting people killed to save a few dollars".

That was a test, and you failed as predicted. Due to whales, game practices that people wanted to avoid are seen by companies as successful. This breeds the mentality to spread them further, this has been proven multiple times, in multiple games that used to not have them at all.
>Person: "I am going to buy a game I like
>Person: "Here's one, oh, it has lootboxes, I will just choose another one"
>Person" Oh, this one has them too, and this franchise used to not have them."
>Person: "The only games I had a interest in have lootboxes in them now"
>Person: "Guess I will just buy one anyways"

Forced.

i hope that bill passes but then i remember that the US is ridiculously corrupt and that americans are ruled and influenced by corporations

Fucking fuck off you daft fucking cunt. Just because we refuse to buy them they'll still be around. Some retard who has the brain capacity you have will buy them. That's why they're still around. Think for a fucking second man.

>it's another "teenagers from Yea Forums with folders full of cartoon frog and le silly feels guy XD pictures pretend to know about economics and government" episode
I hate reruns

>no one is forcing you to buy them
Except you know, the multiple PROVEN BY DEVS THEMSELVES cases where lootboxes actively make the game worse just by existing.

oh but I guess all those times where lootboxes were removed and gameplay suddenly had to be
>rebalanced
as in making it actually playable
doesn't count right?

no, lootboxes totally have no effect on gameplay.
It's all
PLAYER CHOOOOIIICCEEEEE

Attached: 1553843618416.gif (400x287, 1.04M)

Oh no my new form of gambling I got away with so far is finally being treated like gambling! Consumers please help, I'm being oppressed!

>Forced
No, you chose yourself. I don't get the issue.

How does those retards being stupid affect you? Unless the items are p2w there's literally no issue.

>Even if lootboxes were in everything no one is forcing you to buy them.
>"JUST FUCKING ROLL ONTO YOUR BACK AND LET THEM RAPE YOU DUDE, THEY AREN'T FORCING ANYTHING AT ALL EXCEPT YOU TO EITHER BUY THEIR SHIT OR ABANDON YOUR HOBBY DON'T PUT UP A FIGHT OK?"

Fuck you.

yeah because unchecked exploitation and greed is a-ok you can't get anymore corporate shill than that

>lootboxes were in everything no one is forcing you to buy them.

user, lootboxes are starting to effect gameplay. I am not going to spend $59.99 on a multiplayer experience just to get curb stomped by a whale.

>/pol/cel arrives.

What are you talking about? Collecting cosmetic clothing in video games is your hobby?

Somebody please think of the poor billion dollar companies they are truly the most oppressed and have no way to fight those meanies.

Kill yourself kid diddling libcuck.

I'd like to see this proof where devs come to your house and force you to click the purchase button.

The right can't meme.

>The proposed bill, called the Protecting Children from Abusive Games Act, would outlaw loot boxes, purchasable cosmetic items, and any other items, randomized or otherwise, available for real money in games that are popular with children. Hawley broadly categorizes these under two specific labels: loot boxes and pay-to-win.

Never in a million years would they manage to ban microtransactions entirely.

>everything I disagree with is /pol/

The issue is companies are hiding content behind paywalls that are based on RNG manipulation. Games should have full content on release with DLC added.

nobody is forcing you to suck cocks but you seem to be unable to stop.

What choice did I have?
Note: Having no choice to buy them or abandon video games isn't a choice.

So if I corner a dog with a gun, and hold it to its head, and tell it that I will kill it if it runs, and it runs, and I kill it, I didn't force it to die right? Do you even fucking read what you are fucking typing out? "dude just let them spread their disease on everything you ever loved and then abandon it you totally have a choice"
Its not a choice then, Its only a choice if the consumer can find enjoyment in one or the other.

Just ban all lootboxes that give a pay to win advantage to a game, and keep those that offer only cosmetic items.

The only faggots crying for lootbox bans are the ones without jobs (or their parents) and the ones who are fucked because of a pay to win scheme.

>mtx garbage now actually has cultists defending it under the guise of free market
Just how much lower can we go?

see
games that are based on microtransaction profit from the 5% that play their game

this 5% is what dictates what is considered cheap/expensive for the in-game market

or hrs needed to play to achieve an otherwise free item

those that do not fall into the 5% are basically fodder

the bottom 95%

are dragged into whatever profit margin these whales produce

it can come in the form of a skin taking 1 month to farm

power creeping the game (tcg)

and future games being designed specifically for these whales

now imagine the housing crisis in locations like california where the housing prices skyrocket due to the presence of big tech companies
the same thing occurs the difference is you cant really move to another "location" since if everybody deems this as profitable everybody mimics the business practice in their games

>Everything wrong with Yea Forums right now is /pol/.
FTFY

damn i never knew Yea Forums would be this dumb. did you guys actually even read the article??? its aimed towards 18 below or whatever the legal age for gambling is on your state. adults can delve to anything they desire be it going broke just to get your own waifu or just straight up being a winnow. this act is for children not for manchildren

Yeah it's totally not the new crop of annoying woke faggots like you who whine about people saying nigger

If only we lived in a world where the answer to "How do we make more money" was "Hey let's make better videogames" instead of "Hey let's make shitty videogames and trick people into spending money on them"

>multiplayer
Shadow of more dollars proved it's not just multiplayer games getting shit all over by loot boxes actively making gameplay worse.

See above faggot.
Oh but the games are still playable right? Which is why every time lootboxes are removed they have to go through the game and rebalance the entire system which
(((coincidentally))) makes it a significantly better experience.

/pol/ is Yea Forums, Yea Forums is /pol/

So if I replace all the milk in the world with diarrhea, and some people become so desperate they start drinking it, I didn't force them to drink diarrhea right?

If it's an issue to you, don't buy it. Clearly isn't an issue to some if people buy it.

Gottem

>Having no choice to buy them or abandon video games isn't a choice.
Yes, it is. There is no such thing as a right to video games.
As such, all game purchases are choice. Some choose not to and never play games.

And? I don't get your point. If the 5% want to spend money, they can do that.

pcgamer.com/the-legal-status-of-loot-boxes-around-the-world-and-whats-next/

its happening all around the world. lots of countries are starting to regulate and in some cases outright ban certain kinds of microtransactions. monster sipping 'boomers' are now becoming politicans, lawyers, ect and this is one of the few issues they care about.

seethe

It's a good thing you've got endless strawman arguments or you'd literally have nothing to contribute to anything.

Literally a troll thread, the problem I think most people have is the encroaching business practices that ensure excessive purchases and the whole issue with loot boxes is a lot of them have 'duplicates' which only further the gambling urge, since you didn't get what you want, but you also got something back so it's fine, right?

Then other companies see the money rolling in and want a piece of the pie and tell their dev's to add it. So people play their game longer and pay more money for content that was made to sell in a game you purchased already.

>If it's an issue to you, don't buy it.
Uhh..
>here's your game with 50% content
>other 50% in lootboxes!
>lol just don't buy it!
kys corporate cock sucker

>meme
Cope.

>There is no such thing as a right to video games.
Dead fucking wrong dude, there are tons of rights video games have. And they are under the fucking law from the government. Like the right to sell physical games you bought. Like the right for a video game to actually work correctly after you have bought it. Fuck off shill.

and back to plebbit you go

That was never the way good games were created as people enthusiastic about creating games (and actually good at it) just want to make games. As long as they survive, they don't really think about money.

What's with all the libertarian niggers pretending that (((corporations))) aren't almost exclusively interested in fucking consumers left right and sideways to try and make more money

If it's making the game worse, why are you buying it?

This is the weirdest analogy ever but yep

Yes, don't buy it. Glad you understood.

/pol/ had sucked for years now, but complaining about it really makes you look like a huge faggot. It's more of an unspoken thing and whining about it outs you as a pretty big newfag. Friendly tip for redditors like yourself.

xD epic troll!

Not that guy but
>what if this liquid shit would taste like milk?
It is not a good analogy
I support the law but that's just stupid

I think you missed the entire point of my post

>be me
>see Battlefront 2
>see how scummy it is with lootboxes
>don't buy
>lootboxes removed

WHY IS THIS SO FUCKING HARD YOU FUCKING LACK OF SELF CONTROL LOSERS

based

Attached: blocked.png (443x455, 203K)

>all game purchases are choice.
This faggot actually said it wew
>“In the game you earn resources at a regular pace and the systems are tuned to that so you don’t need another option. At the same time, it’s there as a player choice. It’s there, from my perspective, for people who are protective of their spare time and scared when a massive game comes along that they’re not getting to see the full experience,”
PLAYER
CHOICE

>why are you buying it?
I'm not. Not even pirating those shit heaps they try to call games.

Attached: 1547540768452.png (542x666, 248K)

>there are tons of rights video games have.
Well do show it then. Right to playing video games. Go on.

What troll?

It depends. Should we let parents buy AK-47s for their toddlers to use? There are limits to what you can do with your money, that's a fact. The problem is everyone here thinks in black and white like a bunch of autists, and can't really see that lines in the sand can be drawn in a free society. This is why no one on Yea Forums works in government.

No I was just trying to explain yours. Then this guy did it better.

it isn't the majority dude, literally some people just spend their whole paychecks on this shit, not everyone getting '1' box

Give it time brother

shitty bait. remove thyself

man i wish i know your address so that i can kill you with my own bare hands, i fucking love it when assholes like you talk mad shit behind their keyboard but when you confront them they act like their uncircumcised dick that is being exposed in the cold

>Should we let parents buy AK-47s for their toddlers to use?
But isn't that legal in some states?

because they think one day they''ll be the ones running the virtual casinos and making the easy money

dude he can barely apply himself, his ultimate response is literally 'just don't buy it, lmao'

Attached: 1542150955916.jpg (615x601, 53K)

So what options do people who do not want lootboxes have when they eventually take over all video games? According to you, they should then just abandon video games? Why? Isn't it curious how you seem to defend lootboxes to such a degree, almost like, you are gaining something from doing so?
When I say that I want lootboxes banned so I can play video games that do not have them, or at least stop the spread of them, that benefits corporations because it causes them to make games that I want to spend money on.
While for you, if things stay the same like you want them to, this would only benefit you if you have a stake in these companies, or are a whale yourself.

It's your choice to play that game dumbass
>I'm not
Good. So?

Aww.

the 5% drag 95% into predatory practices

think of it this way

we tax the rich because we know that by amassing that much wealth they negatively influence the economy

the 5% negatively influence other games
in that all games are designed/updated specifically with their income in mind

>using "uncircumcised"
>not knowing that the foreskin is so vascular that it actually protects against cold
you Americans are so retarded

I need someone to reply in a butthurt fashion to this or I've really wasted my time

No matter how much the shills try, just remember that this bill was introduced by someone who could only do so by being voted in by the people. If people did not want loot boxes regulated they wouldn't have voted the man in.

Shills.

>uncircumcised
hmm, I wonder who could be behind this post?

In some states, yes. In Alabama, you can buy it for them, but their use of it has to be supervised by adults, and they can only use it very specific situations, like a children's hunting education course. Basically, you can buy it for them, but their freedom to use it is pretty limited.

I suppose a better example would be a car. Unless there regions in bumfuck nowhere that allow 5 year olds to drive that I'm not aware of.

I see this going two specific ways.

Either laws are passed to abolish video game gambling and the companies are heavily bombarded by government regulation which also leads to censorship and ruins gaming or they do nothing and head towards a video game crash.

Call of duty and fifa are already slowly declining, so that says alot about the shift in audiences.

Attached: 1544138031339.jpg (500x451, 48K)

>you Americans are so retarded
well im with you with that statement, too bad your assumption was wrong. i dont even have an ounce of blood of those american incels

It is a person's right to do stupid shit with their own money. It is not a company's right to predatorily target and exploit their consumers.

You have the right to buy a falsely advertised product. I do not have the right to falsely advertise the product I am selling.

No, only corporate overlords can give people choices. You can only vote by giving Mr. Shekelstein all of your dollars. That'll show em who's boss.

well good for you learning a new word le craig

>i wonder who could be behind this post
who else but EL AMERICANO (A.K.A LA CREATURA) enemy of the white man

you know it has gone too far when the full priced game is clearly designed for microtransactions and trying to slide it with some virtue signalling and just pull the plug after many outrage and controversies to focus on churning out more of these garbage - rinse,repeat

western game industry sickens me

Regulation and abolition are different things faggot. Video game gambling should be treated legally the same way any other form of gambling is. Maybe even more harshly due to how much more accessible it is. Videogame developers have been maintain a massive unregulated illegal gambling racket for fucking years and some people on this board have the balls to say that's not fucked up.

its aimed towards regulating lootboxes on games with esrb that can be played by children or teens. the bill doesnt affect working adults or manchildren

>According to you, they should then just abandon video games? Why?
It's their choice? Either hold onto your principles or don't.
There is no right to video games like I said.

So the 5% come to your house and buy lootboxes with your credit card, got it

Thanks for the (You)s

Sorry you burgerclaps were dumb enough to unironically pay for ingame gambling, you are clearly too stupid for your own good.

retard

it's the fucking zoomers caught up in their own bubble

just symphatise with them a bit they don't know any better

This is a good thing. Tech companies have become just as evil as governments.

Galatians 4:16

this whole thing is just leading them to ban gacha
US govt is fucking jealous that people are spending a fuck load of money on it instead of FATFUCK SYRUP 200%, FOOTBALL, EKBAWKS, MAHVEL

US govt does not give 1 shit about "the children"
you're all brainwashed retards falling for this

and people lets not forget who pioneered this micro transaction plague its the mobile "games" idk how you can even call a game that plays itself rather than you playing the game, might as well watch a youtube of that game, fucking retarded gachafags

so basically you support removing the taxes from the riches 1% people in the world, got it

>thinking they won't just lobby the fuck out of them to not pass it
Kek, this shit will never happen. But hey, that's capitalism for you.

Attached: 1516572575672.gif (496x278, 500K)

>just stahp buying games bro
>restricting the freedom of retards isn't holding on to your principles
youtube.com/watch?v=6k2_wPleq0s

Well isn't this the weirdest strawman in a while

yeah and gachaniggers like you should just die a painful death. fuck you sewer rat you consume shit like its part of your daily life. if i ever see one like you playing your mobile "game" in public ill fucking throw you in a garbage can

this. EA will just find another way to be jewish. Better the devil you know.

you're implying I play that shit
I'm not a braindead American who needs government intervention in a fucking video game

FIFA is as healthy as ever with the FUT microtransaction thing that kids gobble up m8.

>having an Origins account
You played yourself.

>Loot boxes get banned
>EA tries to find another way
>Ends up bringing the ire of even more regulation
>Repeat until EA or video games are dead.

get trodden on, snek

Attached: tread.webm (960x540, 2.93M)

>this thread is still up with the same guy going 'mhhmm, sorry sweetie, that's just the way corporations are, just deal with it and move on'
>people are still taking him seriously
*snaps fingers*

Attached: thanos and the council of mcguffins.jpg (720x849, 41K)

truly you are retarded
i will give you an example if you still dont get it you are an idiot

TCG game
devs deem 5% is willing to buy new cards(packs) upon release

power creeps the game

95% either have to buy or grind for 2 months to get said cards

still dont get it dumbass ?? or is this the fabled american education ??

God bless the USA

Attached: murica.jpg (500x1499, 103K)

Yeah, stop buying them if you don't like them.
I don't get why this is so hard to understand. Your principles aren't any more just than anyone else's

Yeah well I am serious but nobody seems to be capable to changing my mind.

95% can fuck off if they don't like it? It's not hard.

This. It's going to have unintended consequences in the future. I can already see them raising the prices of a standard game, for example. They've already had gaming """journalists""" push the narrative that games are SO much harder and more expensive to develop nowadays. And now this gives them the out. "Oh, well we wanted to keep those cosmetics that don't affect gameplay in order to keep costs down, but now we have no choice but to raise the price for everyone!"

bro, you don't have a right to play video games, just deal with it

Attached: 1551890103232.jpg (1200x1200, 217K)

Attached: 1410320002600.jpg (640x960, 66K)

Private companies are and have always been more evil than the state.
Even when the state is corrupt it is still beholden to the people. When the shit government doesn't work for you, you have an avenue through which you can use your power as a citizen to replace the shit government.
Private corporations are accountable only to their shareholders and know only one metric for success. They have no morals and no standards beyond that which makes the most money. We live in a world where the exploitation of consumers and the exploitation of workers is incredibly financially lucrative, and so all private corporations attempt to exploit people to make more money. They always have and they always will. Private corporations are entities driven solely by greed and greed alone, you have no control and no say and ultimately no way to enact any change in them or their practices on your own.

The power of the state must always be kept in check by the people, yes, but that doesn't mean that private interests are even remotely more trustworthy. They're just two shades of authoritarianism waiting to happen, if you give them an inch they'll take a mile.

>Conquest
What?

>dat pic
I never laughed hard in my life

good then like i said
you support not taxing the 1%
since as you said the 99% can just not participate in the economy

>you're retarded
Epic, truly epic

>Private companies are and have always been more evil than the state.
Pretty sure it's been the state that have been killing millions or people throughout history.

>nobody seems to be capable to changing my mind
It is impossible to convince the delusional retard that he is in fact delusional and retarded

funny how things have massively accelerated into the shitter in the last 20 years. maybe it's because Christian morals and ethics have been forgotten?

wonder why (((that))) is

If the game has to be more expensive than so be it. I'd rather it be expensive than exploit people's gambling addictions.

>banning p2w
Are we finally getting an official definition of p2w?

A TCG is a different thing than the government.
You can stop supporting it but that's jailtime for you then

Yeah I can see that since all of you mouthbreathers are still going at it.

say what you want about christcucks, they truly were the glue of society

Christian morals and ethics are completely fucked. Christianity is no better than islam or judiasm in that regard, quit pretending faggot.

lel, and you actually eat that shit up??? theyre just saying that because they want in to that yummy lootbox/micro transaction bullshit that they can milk their playbase for more money with less time and effort. ohh what's that you dont like our current rate?? okay then well fix that by increasing the rates by .333%

just look at sekino, now thats what you can all game. no easy mode bullshit, no micro transaction items for cheese strats. you either git gud or cry under your dad's ballsack

>seatbelts are actually more dangerous!
Amazing take there

except that among us retards you're the only delusional one.

Attached: low-quality-image-for-a-low-quality-post.jpg (500x606, 55K)

Reading comprehension, friend.

Imagine being THIS retarded. the only objectively harmful christian value is pacifism.

well at least we dont suicide bomb and entire building just to get attention

completely misses the point
please go back to school

I'm delusional because I know there is no such thing as a right to play video games?
I mean, whatever you say I guess.

>WAH WAH WAH I CANT USE MOMMIES CREDIT CARD TO GAMBLE FOR VIRTUAL TRASH
get fucked you retarded niggers

Attached: 1542992099021.jpg (769x703, 56K)

Because video game lobbyists totally stopped Hawaii from getting the ball rolling and were not dabbed on by governors who have never played a video game in their life

Attached: 1556333068148.jpg (126x126, 4K)

ohh my bad i only read the 1st sentence. this kind of topic just grind my gears. esp when the game i used to love and play close down because of greedy developers being jealous of how other devs make

>And? I don't get what you're getting at.

The whole point is that these business practices aren't going to go away just because you don't buy their products, because some fat ass is more than happy to sink hundreds to thousands of dollars on in-game purchases. It doesn't 'force' you to do anything, but this kind of behaviour and the potential profit by exploiting it is having a deterimental impact for consumers in the whole industry.

>ignoring how factually not buying them doesn't change the industry
>being a estrogenated relativist
oy vey

Imagine being so retarded that you think pacifism is a Christian exclusive moral that can't be found elsewhere.
>but I never said that it's exclusive to Christianity
Then your post is literally pointless because you're obviously not responding to my post at all

this ones a shill disregard its post
its not listening to logic

Horrible fucking line of reasoning. If you claim this sets a precedent in favour of private companies, show some evidence. Judging by what is currently going on, the government will yet again find a way to trample on whatever private companies have in store that would cause outrage.

>man who reincarnated after being killed by starving potato farmers
>lol just pay us back you fucking idiots, who cares if you paid already
this will be the best analogy

>Big government
>We won
Go and stay go.

well this act only cares about children or teens below 18 or whatever legal age limit for gambling in your state. i repeat its for children not for manchildren

Yes you have. Christians have suicide bombed and mass murderer and become terrorists for the sake of their religion.
Do you live under a rock or are you just American and younger than 25?

This. A game that employs these tactics isn't worth playing. And you retards needing the government to keep you from eating shit every single day says more about you than it does about EA, unfortunately.

oh no your freedom to waste money on lootboxes, how precious

the overwhelming majority of Christcucks don't even read the fucking book
they mutilate their newborn children against its fucking words

the bill only affects people below 18
so if your against this your a literal child and need
to turn off the computer

Hardly? Your "point" is comparing a private company to the government.
You do have the choice not to pay taxes but then it's punishment time for you.
You have the choice not to buy trading cards and boom, there will be no sanctions whatsoever.

I'm not ignoring it though? I'm asking why your cause is so just that it should define the industry.

>OH FUCK HE'S RIGHT, SHILL SHILL SHILL

Why should they go away if people are okay with them?
It's not your industry to control.

Now I gotta admit I have absolutely no clue what you tried to say here.

Are you retarded or just intentionally dense?

really?? last time i checked we didnt do 9/11. you replid but you didnt even put any evidence to back up your statement. try again brainlet

You're a retard. The concept of voting with your wallet is that you are actually affecting something by carefully choosing how you spend your money, hence all of the posts to which I replied claiming that "voting with your wallet doesn't work", i.e., that your spending habits aren't significant enough to have any affect on the industry.

The point of my post is that it doesn't matter whether voting with your wallet "works" because you shouldn't be concerned about the affect of your "vote" anyway. Rather than avoiding shit games for the sake of sending the industry a message, you should avoid shit games for the sake of avoiding shit games. The idea that avoiding shit games is something which "doesn't work" is ludicrous because avoiding shit games successfully prevents the playing of shit games 100% of the time.

All of this means you're fucking wrong, by the way. If "voting with your wallet doesn't work" is a valid statement, then voting with your wallet cannot mean the same thing as avoiding shit games, because "avoiding shit games doesn't work" is not a valid statement unless someone forces you to buy shit games at gunpoint.

>Stopped reading there
Yeah, that explains why you didn't understand my post, you fucking subhuman.

Learn to how to read and interpret a sentence.

A self sustaining profitable industry built on the exploitation of consumers is a problems and cannot be allowed to continue, especially if the exploitation bleeds into other industries.

What kind of fucking analogy was that, user?

I want the government to step in because it'll make publishers squirm and I want to see them squirm. Avoiding their crummy games unfortunately does not have that effect

well the country is built from the backbone of the religious morality of its citizens

remove/subvert that and you got this whole new generation that don't know any better

current year is always the best year they said

>Christians didn't do 9/11 so that means they've never been terrorists ever
Ok kid

i'm essentially saying your the rich people who fucked over the citizens in the potato famine

thus it's the best analogy

Attached: a writhing mass of hatred and envy.png (800x700, 223K)

How can anyone defend this, yet continue to allow booze, cigarettes and gambling to be a thing still?
Fuck this nanny state dictating what its people can do and can't do. Limit the access of children to these things but let us grown adults decide how we want to spend our money ourselves. FUcking christ, and you niggers are even clapping at this censorship. FUCKING hell man

>yeah we have these boxes
>HELP EXPLOITATION
literally what? Just don't buy

>Why should they go away if people are okay with them?

Only a tiny minority of people are okay with them and I don't know why you're advocating for these predatory business practices when they're explicitly against your interests as a consumer.

Attached: 1534937741159.png (347x451, 220K)

>why your cause is so just that it should define the industry.
It is a shady and shitty not to mention borderline illegall bussiness practice that deteriorates the medium as a whole to apease to less than 10% of the consumers and is bad for economy in its entirety, not to mention that it disproportionally affects white children who get fucked over on these e-gamblings. not like you would care you dysgenic kike.

>paper company loses money against hemp
>THE MARIJUANA'S ARE MAKING THE BLACKS RAPE WHITE WIMMENZ
and thus, we farm trees like idiots for paper

HOW QUICKLY THE TIDE TURNS

No. You are trade your freedom of choice for less responsibility for your actions.

Attached: 1522747550711.jpg (710x678, 73K)

But if user isn't buying loot boxes anyway, why should he care whether the business practice goes away or not? He's not wasting his money on loot boxes, so the loot boxes don't affect him.

>b-but they'll keep making games with loot boxes
And user will continue not buying them.

and someone actually so dumb that they derived away from the conversation. i guess this is the end of this convo

wow, see this is why i deem you retarded

where did i say "stop paying your taxes"
i said "the government should stop taxing the rich"

because in your mind the 5% can do whatever they want with their money

so why should we tax the rich its their money

and if you dont like it go participate in another country's economy

see? your reading comprehension is lacking
go back to school child

yeah you die if you can't play video games, got it

>Only a tiny minority of people are okay with them
Then what's the problem? I thought that every single game was supposed to have these

okay, don't buy them then

ITT: people lose their shit arguing with the pinnacle of retardation, the legendary genuine ancap.

Stop wasting your time, go to bed.

>He's not wasting his money on loot boxes, so the loot boxes don't affect him
imagine actually believeing this when it has been proven wrong time after time

too bad its still afternoon here. so go ahead and sleep lazyfag

>muh freedom to buy lootboxes
hows that dick taste

Attached: 1556637787236.jpg (1184x1184, 495K)

user will watch as his mother becomes addicted to gatcha games and blows her life savings on them, and then wishes there were some sort of regulation for these exploitative games

>so the loot boxes don't affect him
The objectively do

>predatory monetization strategies and business models designed to psychologically exploit consumers into indulging in worthless small purchases and to specifically trap people with poor impulse control
>not exploitative
ok shill

letting this shitty bussiness pratice exist is arguebly just as bad if not worse than buying them and supporting it.

>Then what's the problem?
It only takes a tiny minority to make them financially viable since the profit margins are extremely efficient on top of the fact that the minority is filled with whales.

It hasn't been proven wrong though.

I've never been affected by the existence of loot boxes, except for the time I wasted writing this post and my previous one. Do you know why? It's because I just don't buy them. Or, more accurately, I don't even buy or play the games which have them.

It's really quite simple.

1. Don't play loot-box games.
2. Congratulations, loot boxes don't hurt you anymore.

There are so many other games to play.

When did ancaps stop being a laughing stock and start being literally everywhere?
Is America really that far gone?

>gay rights
heh

Attached: 1555455705559.png (738x669, 186K)

See

>genuine
This new batch of mushbrained redditors are just LARPing as minarchist and ancap types even though they are more than happy to defend and justify government regulations when it comes to things like copyright and corporate welfare. They're literally just corporatist dicksuckers pretending not to be.

shitty bait, low iq

>because in your mind the 5% can do whatever they want with their money
Yes, when it comes to VIDEO GAMES they can.
How are you this retarded?

video games exploit various psychological things in their core but that's fine I guess?

>STOP GIVING ME CHOICES
>I CAN'T MAKE DECISIONS ON MY OWN HELP

And?

There are two potential issues with this. One is when the lootboxes explicitly affect gameplay with things such as loot which makes your character stronger, like in MK11's krypt. In Injustice II, you had to grind lootboxes to get alternate powers for your characters too. Or, alternatively, the development team starts dedicating more and more resources to the production of cosmetics while avoiding making actual content for the game, like in Overwatch or Guild Wars 2.

I'm not about to say this always happens and you can have just plain cosmetic lootboxes without it affecting you, but there's a great incentive for developers to focus on doing the two things above because it's more profitable to give whales new carrots on sticks to chase.

The existence of lootboxes takes development effort away from non-lootbox games because they simply aren't as profitable.
The mere existence of lootboxes as a profitable growing trend hurts the entire industry and therefore also me.

You're so fucking dumb it's unbelievable. It doesn't matter if you don't buy those games. The fact is that because those games have proven to be profitable, publishers are changing the way games are made to implement loot boxes.

No, it sets a precedent in favor of the government getting more involved.
>People are too stupid to not fund lootbox games and I WANNA PLAY THOSE GAMES TO LOOTBOX BAD BAD BAD

Give it 5 years before games are being legally censored and it's illegal to sell MA games to anyone under 18 and all the games that would originally get a T rating get bumped up to MA.

but what if we can increase those games you enjoy those games without lootboxes

by deleting the entire business model altogether

leaving devs with the only option of making games that you like ?

way to miss my point but yes some people can't and shouldn't make decisions on their own, not all man are created equal, my point stands.

>post contains only true statements and nothing particularly controversial
>"b-bait"
I can't even tell what the fuck you're trying to argue here. Given that I don't play games which have loot boxes, how have I been harmed by loot boxes? Please tell me.

Maybe you have no self-control, but that's your problem. Maybe you deserve to have your money taken if you can't stop throwing it at online gambling disguised as video games. I don't have this problem because I just spend my gaming time on games which don't have gambling in them.

I don't want the government to have to step in, nobody should. But the industry has proven itself to be unbelievably cancerous and just unable to fucking help themselves jumping on the next big thing with the fucking "Year of the Lootbox" garbage.

It doesn't matter how hard you vote with your wallet or don't buy shitty games, at the end of the day you put your trust in a bunch of dumbasses with money to blow and no impulse control to not ruin video games for you because there is literally nothing stopping them from doing so. If there's no other option, then government it is, and it's been a long time coming; not like people weren't doomsaying this EXACT FUCKING THING was gonna happen.

Attached: 1528509045784.png (227x218, 41K)

It's been repeatedly proven wrong. Your abstinence doesn't change that.

Why don't we just ban every game you don't like? That way you could get more games you liked.
Nothing wrong with this.

>telling developers to stop being such money grubbing kikes is a slippery slope to censorship
Ok Shlomo

>How are lootboxes a problem for anybody? Just don't buy them and play the game.

Attached: gigachad.jpg (1068x601, 65K)

So a large majority of people not buying them doens't prevent them from games. You're basically defending a small minority to dictate how games are made for everyone else who would play them.

Suck my dick, the overall sentiment is that people don't want games in general to be seen as cancerous opportunities for monetization. If you're fine with EA ruining every studio they touch as their influence grows and proceed to claim you're "fine" once your favourite game series receives the same treatment, then there's not much point in further arguing with your view.
>461623404
>Give it 5 years before games are being legally censored and it's illegal to sell MA games to anyone under 18 and all the games that would originally get a T rating get bumped up to MA.
For not being governments, Sony and others sure seem to be helping governments reach this supposed goal.

>this guy would gladly bend over if someone richer than him made dumb decisions
more reaction pics pls

Attached: 1556951351644.jpg (500x882, 45K)

>video games exploit various psychological things in their core but that's fine I guess?
Those usually don't involve siphoning money out of people's wallets beyond the upfront price of the game. And they don't involve repeted purchases for an RNG contanter just for the chance of getting the content you want.

how is removing the lootboxes and instead making them earned through play deleting the game ?

all i said was removing the business model
not the game

There is no other way.

Attached: YouTalkingToMe.jpg (618x692, 52K)

>Want me to log into my Origin account

Attached: 1355537044447.png (500x382, 267K)

>Don't play loot-box games so loot boxes don't hurt you anymore.

By this logic regulations on lootboxes also doesn't hurt me, since they only apply to games that have lootboxes. At the end of the day these regulations are a net benefit to me and everyone else who aren't buying lootboxes since it decreases the chance of lootboxes being featured in games I would otherwise not play because of said lootboxes. You have no answer to this that doesn't involve defending lootboxes.

god seriously fuck the RNG shit, why can't i just buy exactly what i want with ingame currency or premium? It's obviously so I have to spend more to just get 'exactly' what I want.

>A ban on lootboxes?
>Are you stupid user?
>I spend $500 a week in order to support my favourite games

Attached: 1551690495858.jpg (1080x1331, 216K)

I'm defending the freedom to make games the way they like and the freedom to buy games or not to buy games.

>Those usually don't involve siphoning money out of people's wallets beyond the upfront price of the game
Goalpost moving.

Yeah but why do we need those shit games? People should only play games that I like.
By banning them there's more good games. How can you be against this?

Think about every single full-priced game that currently is filled to the brim with microtransactions. How many of them would actually be good without them? There's always going to be schlocky, lowest common denominator games. The games that use these practices aren't worth playing, not just because of the practices themselves, but because they're designed to grab as much cash as possible from the get-go. So I highly doubt that eliminating these practices would actually see an uptick in good games. What matters more is the industry's standards and the culture that surrounds gaming.

>Don't play lootbox games
>Game is successful despite you because the publisher made a profit off the whale worth a hundred of you
>Other publishers see how easy it is to make money off of said whales despite the negative publicity and people like you simply not buying said games
>More and more games, including games you like, start adding lootboxes because it's profitable
>Soon no more video games to play because they're all microtransaction-riddled shitfests

Laziest fucking approach imaginable. "Lol just don't play it" is easy and low effort, and it benefits you about as much.

I'm defending against government intervention faggot

so your saying you like lootbox games ?

Pointing out the flaws in your premise isn't goalpost moving.

By that logic I can set up a slot machine in a school and say "Its not gambling, you got socks if you lose! Oh but you also get action figures if you win when that is what everyone actually wants." It'd still be a slot machine and the socks are so useless they basically don't matter because NOBODY wants my musky ass socks.

I may not buy shitty games but millions of people do. I can only benefit from this: if it kills the AAA market then indies will prosper. Besides, if a game has lootboxes it deserves to be fucked in anyway possible. Now I'm sure your actual fear (if you're not just a shitposter) is that the government doesn't stop there. Well guess what? Don't matter, I can just play emulations.

Sure the regulation wouldn't affect you, but it would affect others. And just because it has a positive net benefit for you, and myself honestly, doesn't mean that we should restrict that for others.

Okay, okay. So you guys think I'm So FuCkInG dUmB because you're afraid that the success of the loot box business model will cause developers to put their time and effort only into that kind of game. But really, we're mainly talking about competitive multiplayer games, mostly of the AAA variety. Regular single-player games without loot boxes are released all the time. I guess I'm not as concerned as you are, because I mostly play single-player games, and furthermore, I don't mind playing older games, of which there are about a million I haven't played yet. So the industry could literally start producing nothing but virtual slot machines starting tomorrow and I'd still play non-gambling video games for the rest of my life. I'm mostly ignorant of modern AAA multiplayer games so I apologize for not considering the harm to that particular subset of gaming.

back to your cuckshed. snek
also nice job ignoring his argument and countless others

I like how you complain about goalpost moving then do the very same by making a retarded strawmen at the end of your post.

it's got to pass first smartness, and considering America's hard on for corporations, im gonna say good luck with that.

>mouthbreathers unironically defend predatory business practices and outright scams

only in america

>I just don't buy shit games
>But I must secretly be in cahoots because I don't want you troglodytes voting for more government intervention because you're so cucked you just HAVE to support those companies but want to complain about it while forking over your money.

My personal preferences have nothing to do with this. I do enjoy free games though

>it's bad because it's psychological exploitation but now it's okay actually
try to be consistent

Selling lootboxes isn't a form of artistic expression. They provide no benefit to anyone vs selling their contents upfront. Also companies do not have unlimited freedom to make games in the way they like if they sell commercially. For instance its still illegal to sell video games with real money gambling in the US or use slave labor to make video games.

Good on you for not supporting scummy business practices!

Unfortunately, we don't live in a world where everyone has good judgement like you do. This is why we need regulation, to protect the people who do participate in these vices, not the people who don't. The government is here to help everyone, including the idiots.

Is anyone actually defending it (i.e. "this is good")? It seems like people are just saying either that it's not the government's responsibility or that it doesn't affect them personally.

>Sure the regulation wouldn't affect you, but it would affect others
That is exactly the point.
>And just because it has a positive net benefit for you, and myself honestly, doesn't mean that we should restrict that for others
Yes it does and it has been proven to be morally righteous to do so in this very thread you intellectually dishonest faggot.

>But really, we're mainly talking about competitive multiplayer games
But that's wrong. WB have already tried putting this shit into single player games, like Shadow of War

Your thrashing against government inteverntion is a farce, nobody is buying your ancap larp bullshit.

see

Fuck off, i got money to throw, i'll throw it on whatever i want, fucking poorfags that cry "muh microtransactions"
Eat shit all of you

Amounts to the same thing.

I don't care because I don't play those games. Works both ways faggot.

>protect the people who want to buy loot boxes
Why?

It's not a strawman, it's applying the same logic he used. I asked him a question, I didn't say he said it

>Also companies do not have unlimited freedom to make games in the way they like if they sell commercially.
Obviously laws apply to games as well but none of them are specifically game related.

How is it morally righteous?

>people
in the moment there is only one shill saying this.

lol just pull yourself up by your own bootstraps :^)

Who cares if idiots do stupid things it doesn't affect me :^)))))

Try not using strawmen before accusing anyone else of being inconsistent.

different user here, I get this point. but government intervention isn't necessarily bad. look at the Esrb. sure it cause some stir. but because of it, we have proof violence in video games doesn't co relate to violence in real life.

I think the solution is an independent study on these games with loot box and micro.

i case you don't know the fucking injustice 2 lootbox is a nightmare

Attached: 1531604761788.png (370x320, 18K)

good goy

For the same reason why we have anti-gambling and anti-drinking laws. Some people can't stop from hurting themselves. Like I said, it's the government's responsibility to help their citizens.

itt

Attached: Modern politics.jpg (1000x1000, 189K)

Re-read the chain of replies and you will find it.

It's not wrong. I said we're MAINLY talking about multiplayer games. I never wrote that there were zero single-player games with loot boxes, so one example of a single-player game with loot boxes doesn't make me wrong at all.

you said
"lets delete those shit games"

if shit games = lootboxes
then by all means im on board

if shit games = no lootboxes
didnt you just say those were the games you liked to play ?

>Obviously laws apply to games as well but none of them are specifically game related.
Now you're moving the goalpost. Also they're no more specific to games than real money gambling laws are, since those are also games.

For anyone against government intervention ITT, it's far too late to argue about.

Industry had fucking YEARS to clean up its act, had multiple warning signs and negative publicity to the point that saying "no microtransactions" was considered good marketing strategy. Had a billion fucking chances to back down, yet they all doubled down instead. This is very much deserved.

Attached: 1544436227537.png (300x469, 91K)

Lootboxes either affect the overall game or they don't.
When it's cosmetics and other shit that doesn't matter you have no reason to be upset as the whales are paying for that part of the game and are essentially subsidizing the core experience for you.
When they affect the overall game, the game has slid into the manipulative mobile game model and you should not be playing it regardless whether they sell power through lootboxes or straight up transaction. You shouldn't even be playing those games lootboxes or no lootboxes because the game is balanced around getting you to pay.
Complaining about lootboxes means that you are either using them and loath your own lack of self control or that you're playing mobile games that let you buy power. I don't know which is worse.

Attached: 1515055103160.jpg (736x736, 84K)

The issue is that for some reason you think the same idiots that allow loot box games to thrive will somehow suddenly be informed and reasonable people when they're voting and not consuming. Slippery slope isn't a fallacy with government intervention: It's a law.

Not even close, itt is everyone vs the jew and the snake

>what’s next
"""soft launch"

Wrong. It's a strawman of his logic, not what he actually said.

it's not a farce
this is just greed and jealousy charading as protecting kids when you know damn well America doesn't give a shit
the government will impose more restrictions as time goes on and you'll be sorry when it does

And their fighting games, which aren't strictly competitive games

>Industry had fucking YEARS to clean up its act
industry isn't the problem, it's the consumers who want to buy these products. I have boycotted EA for 10years now for example, yet if retards wanna keep buying their games then I'm not gonna ask daddy government to help them stop

I'm glad these regulations are fucking you in the ass. Get fucked kid.

>they've only done it a few times, so that means it isn't a growing trend
Just off yourself

It only affects others who are enabling shitty business practices and threaten the games I want to play.

>if people can't help themselves just let it happen
imagine actualy thinking like this

Try saying that when other games get infected with this cancerous practice.

You said we should leave devs with only the option to make games you like.
I don't like fighting games so let's ban them, right? Or no?

>Voting with your wallet doesn't work and the market cannot correct itself due to manipulative and predatory practices
>DURR HURR daddy gubb'mint BAD
Go fuck your cousin you inbred mongoloid.

How many years has it had, exactly? Because the explosion of microtransactions in games only happened so long ago. And it's possible for the culture to reject these practices, but it may take longer than whatever arbitrary limit that you have seemingly set for the industry as a whole.

>this is just greed and jealousy
This post has less self awareness than the shit I just took.
You don't get to use slippery slope arguments to defend lootboxes after people warned you that unfettered monetezation in games with things like horse armor and on disc DLC and season passes would lead to this. Especially when video games are already protected from censorship by the first ammendment.

>It's the consumers who want to buy these products

People can be retarded on their own time. The second that retardation starts fucking with others, it becomes not only their duty to stop being retarded, but the duty of the person feeding into the retardation to stop giving them license to be retarded.

>You'll be sorry when companies are forced to stop trying to rip you off under penalty of law

lol

Fuck the jewish-neo liberal corporations and bourgeois, and fuck the free market.

Attached: socnat vs lolbert.png (1144x888, 354K)

ITT: ANCAP gets BTFO multiple times but was just "pretending to be retarded"

Trying to push blame onto the consumer flattens culpability and ensures nothing will ever be done. "retards wanna keep buying their games " just confuses the issue and provides camouflage for the companies supporting these practices. It's impossible to control what a massive, formless group does, so you need to focus on actual identifiable individuals who are ultimately responsible for it.

it's a Slippery slope user, it's like the snoy censorship all over again.

Attached: Nepcity.jpg (906x1280, 306K)

>Publishers like Activision/Blizzard, Ubisoft and EA are now making as much or more money with microtransactions as they do traditional game sales
Its not just going to magically go away, this is how they make money now and its affecting core game design.

Quit being so fucking disingenuous, obviously people bought games when microtransactions were absent, but they're not responsible for EA suddenly barging in and deciding their cancerous monetization should be a staple of every single fucking game now.

I was never pretending nor was I retarded.
There is no human right to video games. There is absolutely no obligation to do as you say so that you could continue playing the video games you like.
This is a fact. No amount of guilt tripping or moral faggotry will change my mind.
Maybe next time you can make your own choices. I sure as fuck can.

>don't buy game
>some lardass pays triple, quadriple, ten times the amount in microtransactions as the game cost
the tactic was already laughable to begin with. With micros? Not an option.

>you can't buy plastic toys of anime characters it's fucking the environment over!
>you can't drive a big truck you're polluting for no reason!
>you can't buy all the grain, prices will rise up and the poor will starve!
>you can't buy lootboxes, game developers will stop servicing the poor plebs that can't afford it!

Attached: 115099.jpg (988x1059, 160K)

Yet it's not a slippery slope to let the government regulate thing X?
What's stopping them from forbidding violence next? It causes school shootings according to the boomers in charge (see the white house video)

There is no human right to sell or buy lootboxes.

Whatever dude, go play your games you like so much.

You're a literal robot that can't understand fee fee's and you're lording it over others.

Whales only attach themselves to big games. It's why Artifact failed, whales don't want an exclusive game for themselves and other whales.

>What's stopping them from forbidding violence next?

Attached: 2011-06-27order_wm-0.1419962490.0.jpg (1200x800, 104K)

>Protect Children From Abusive Games
>PCFAG
Why do memes keep becoming reality.

oh except when they naturally encroach on the gaming experience which their presence does anyway.
People are powerless to stop micros. What are they going to do exactly when they make the corpos so much money?

I will thanks. I recommend you do the same instead of doing shit you don't like and then crying about it to the government.

Ooh, clever. There is no human right to make video games without them either.

>"Maybe next time you can make your own choices"
>what are monopolies
God forbid we try to stop nigger tactics that rich publishers/big business try to pull.

Where?

The consumers make the choice, they are to blame.

Well there are many idiots who like EA why should I force my taste onto them?

They want it.

Attached: 6aaac7a19c533d00601b32d9ecc00b93410a76a1d6d9d4d71e91741273363f9b.jpg (1280x853, 136K)

please read carefully
i said delete the games "business model" of
using loot boxes

so lets say im playing a shooter
where i get a skin
either though lootboxes / grinding

wouldnt it be better if it was purely through grinding or direct payment ?

>imagine actualy thinking like this
I'm more than happy to help them, just don't want the governemtn to enforce anything. For example I'm against goverment run Drug and liquor stores for the same reason. Most people can drink responsibly so I don't wanna punish the majority by giving goverment a monopoly when it comes to sales of such products just to help an idiotic minority

I won't buy those games either. I refuse to buy any of the games that use this shit but again if drooling retards want to then fine by me

>>Voting with your wallet doesn't work
it does work, problem is people aren't voting with their wallets. People still buy EA products for example

>The second that retardation starts fucking with others
how does it do that? Again do liek me and don't buy these shitty games and it won't affect either of us

Sure nothing is black and white but in this case I really don't see the need for governemnt to step in and help whales to not buy skins and whatnot. Same with gambling and drugs. Provide help and therapy that people can seek but don't ban the practice. Some of us can drink and gamble responsibly.

>it's a Slippery slope
sure I buy that argument for some things but I don't think this slope needs the government just yet

again stop buying EA games, I did, why can't you? If you really wanna play these shitty games then pirate them

There's no human right to gamble or do drugs and yet here we are, in a world where gambling and narcotics are heavily regulated

If you think loot boxes are a good practice you shouldn't have financial independence.

Don't worry dude, you'll always have people making 'free' games with limited engines. Or just play old games that are having more and more issues launching on modern computers.

Oh and a billion platformers top down shooters that are all vaguely the same.

>STOP GIVING ME CHOICES

Wouldn't it be better for every game to be free? I mean this way I don't have to pay fucking anything.
Games costing money is exploitative!

I'd bet Artifact made a pretty penny in micros despite failing in selling copies. Micros easily boost a game's profits.

>if you disagree with me you shouldn't have rights!

Attached: 115081.png (644x800, 53K)

Except not every proposed slippery slope scenario is a slippery slope fallacy. The prerequisite for avoiding the fallacy is that there is reasonable evidence to suggest that the extreme scenario is likely.

When DLC first became a thing, people who knew the greedy natures of the big publishers said pretty soon, they're going to start stripping games of content and selling said content back to you. Now it's become standard industry practice. The slippery slope was real.

In comparison, there's no reasonable evidence to suggest regulations on a business practice will lead to government censorship or mandatory licenses on video games. This is all just FUD and disinfo to justify the lootboxes. So since there's no evidence connecting the two, the government slippery slope argument is a fallacy

Cause statist rule this world.

Attached: b71.jpg (600x342, 30K)

>nor was I retarded.
you were and you are in full retard mode, it's pathetic.
>There is no human right to video games
irrelevant to the argument as people want to buy video games and people will keep buying video games so the problem will keep largely affecting the gaming industry and the economy in a smaller scale so something must be done.
> There is absolutely no obligation to do as you say so that you could continue playing the video games you like
again irrelevant non argument
>No amount of guilt tripping or moral faggotry will change my mind
no amount of facts and logical arguments will either, you are beyond delusional.
>Maybe next time you can make your own choices. I sure as fuck can.
not an argument and this point of yours has already been proven wrong previously in this thread.

>There is no human right to make video games without them either.
There is just as much as there is a human right to make video games. Selling lootboxes isn't a right.
You've been brainwashed by the libertarian small government cult user. Government's not going anywhere. You might as well use it to your own selfish advantage like other special interest groups instead of crying about it. You're just cucking yourself by living out of principal.

Yeah, the poor corpos won't be able to invent some fake currency to rip people off with.

So every game has DLC now? If not, your point is moot.
The problem was that every game would have loot boxes so that there would be no other choice.

Then you'll run out of games to play when lord dorrito spends two million on lootboxes for his waifu. Hope you find a new hobby.

Everyone knows you are the same poster
autistic shill.

It failed to have any long term pull.
Games like LoL keep going for years and years because whales buy.
But whales only buy when they know the game is 'in'.

As has been said multiple times in this thread, things will continue to play out negatively in spite of your abstinence. I'm starting to think this is just a major shill tactic to convince us that we're "better off" accepting the state of the industry as it currently is and doing nothing about it.

thanks for defending us for free goyim

nep user here, you explain my thoughts exactly.
BASED

Attached: 1554347486028.gif (518x500, 1.31M)

>I really don't see the need for governemnt to step in and help whales to not buy skins and whatnot. Same with gambling and drugs.

So you think children should be allowed to gamble and buy alcohol? Because drug, alcohol and gambling industries are heavily regulated.

meant to reply to

That is easier to combat. Microtransactions aren't.

Besides, this whole cost thing is so transparently false. Films cost as much.

>IT'S IRRELEVANT
It's not. You literally said that it's not a choice when you get to choose whether or not you're going to play video games.
Nobody is forcing you to play games.

I don't live in some naive world where corporations become your friends after a loot box ban.
I'm sorry but I can't fix the childlike naivete of the lot of you. It's too deeply grounded in your brains.

>if there are a few games in existence that don't have it then it isn't a systemic practice

Nah, the problem is your choices are going to be limited if you don't buy games with this shit based on principle.

No it isn't the shill aspect pushing the 'better off', it's literally the chinese. Everyone over there hates the system but they use it because 'thats just the way it is, you're retarded for trying to fix it, it's common sense its all fucked, idiot'
>tinfoil hatman

Most devs and publishers have no intentions of removing lootboxes ,predatory dlc's and microtransctions.
Look how Mortal Kombat 11 was butchered just to force you to use microtransactions.
You don't have a choice when the devs limit game features in order to force you to buy additional stuff, that sued to be part of the game back in 90's-early 2000's

Attached: lo.png (737x560, 223K)

I don't live in some naive world where corporations become your friends when you let them do whatever they want and think "voting with your wallet" will change anything.

>I'm sorry but I can't fix the childlike naivete of the lot of you.
Pot calling the kettle a nigger.

well is it about the kids or the industry? make up your mind
is it about forbidding kids or forbidding boxes?

And so what if they are? If I have a principle that I don't buy violent video games, it limits me. Why should violent games be banned?

>Most devs and publishers have no intentions of removing lootboxes ,predatory dlc's and microtransctions.
Don't play their games. Problem solved.

games on the ps2 era didnt have lootboxes and did fine

WOW didnt have loot boxes and was fine

RO didnt have loot boxes and was succesfull

are you implying that if we remove the lootboxes the games would stop ?

getting ripped off isn't a freedom of choice.

I have more than pleny of older games to play while I wait for another Video Game crash in such a scenario

>Everyone knows you are the same poster
pic related

how will it worsen for someone like me who is just fine with ignoring the games that do this? I'm no shill so I wanna know why I should want the government (especially moralfag republicans) to step in and regulate vidya

I'm fine with keeping children away from that. I go from a case by case basis. i really don't see a need for goverment to regulate lootboxes, gambing, drugs when it comes to adults

Attached: not same.png (347x108, 5K)

>Nobody is forcing you to play games.

All this says is that you don't give a fuck about games, just protecting your precious lootboxes. And if I have to give up games then why should I care what happens to them because of government regulations? Fuck you.

>It's not
it factualy is.
>RELEVANT
It's not. You literally said that it's not a choice when you get to choose whether or not you're going to play video games.
I have NEVER said that, schizo.
>Nobody is forcing you to play games
irrelevant non argument, the shady pratices and it's negative effects on the gaming industry, the economy and the youth of the united states will keep existing, so it still affects me and other people.

Obligatory meme quote:
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
- Edmund Burke

long term pull matters jack when microtransactions are in play.

Anyone who fails to see micros impact in gaming in the last 10 years doesn't have any credibility in this discussion. There has been more and more and more. It'll never happen in your triple A they once said, only free games. Well look where we are now.

Because violent video games are a protected form of artistic expression. The buisness practice of selling lootboxes isn't.

>And so what if they are?
So what if government intervention harms games? Nobody is forcing you to play video games and video games are not a right :^)

Everyone knows how to inspect element, retarded shill.