Is this series any good? How does it compare to there soulsborne shit?

Is this series any good? How does it compare to there soulsborne shit?

Attached: 81zJcCSRelL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1354, 374K)

I tried the first game like, 10 years ago or something and couldn't play because the turning speed was so slow you wouldn't even be able to do a 180 before the enemy attacking you killed you. Not sure if it's like that for the other games though, I've been meaning to try them for years. Regarding similarity to Soulsborne, they're dark games with enemy that will murder you from the start.

>How does it compare to there soulsborne shit?
It has a similar/better level design and lore only without those godawful British voice actors.

KF4 is the best one followed by 2

I would suggest Wizardry Instead.

Attached: 1380404699597.jpg (500x418, 68K)

Somehow has even lower framerate than bloodborne

The japs sure did love Wizardry, goddamn.

They make the Souls games look like Kirby with regard to difficulty. There’s an immense focus on memorization and you are punished gravely for mistakes with regard to positioning because of how poorly the player character maneuvers. Save points are few and far between, combat is stilted and costly, and high-level play is essentially just running from key item to boss, etc.

Shadow Tower is a closer allegory to the Souls games as you wield a shield and are far more maneuverable than you are in any King’s Field game. It has a hub world akin to Demon’s Souls and is generally feels less like being curb-stomped than King’s Field does

They are good for exploration, and I personally loved the lack of available information online, as far as maps, guides etc.
You have to be willing to deal with some (a lot) of jank, and I'll admit it's pretty niche, but is at least worth a try to see if it's your thing.
If the KF jank is too much, try Shadow Tower.

Attached: download_20190415_094617.jpg (1242x937, 180K)

It's jank-core for masochists. Just load up 2 (1 in English), 4, or Shadow Tower Abyss.

It’s extremely rudimentary. If you’re expecting a Souls game you’re going to be disappointed.

The PS2 one is surprisingly good as well.

Attached: 1383934532629.jpg (253x383, 47K)

Hey, classic Spawn. Good shit.

Which one should I boot up first?

It's very good. And it's better than any of the Souls games.

definitely King's Field 2 which we got over here as King's Field as the first game came out in Japan way before we got the Playstation
but as that user said try Shadow Tower if you just can't get into them, ST streamlines a lot of things and has amazing atmosphere

Thanks, user.

wizardry is a classic jrpg series but kings field is more in line with ultima underworld but with better game play.

>wizardry is a classic jrpg series

Attached: 1256686541751.jpg (161x157, 6K)

I liked KF IV a decent chunk. Had its moments like Souls games where you randomly come across pretty environments in the middle of nowhere, NPC quests where they become a zombie at the end, cool music and some interesting gimmicks that were later used mostly in Dark Souls 2 such as the bell raising the skeletons. (Unlike in Das2 you can hit the bell again to kill the skeletons)

I had to use an emulator for frameskip though as that walking speed when backtracking was killing me.

And expect a bug where the floor doesn't spawn until you switch to software/hardware rendering.

>he doesn't know

You know what I wish fromsoftware would crib from king's field the most? Music in each area instead of just bossfights or rare one off examples. The fuck From?

don't be a chump with an emulater, use the real hardware.

i just want a new shadow tower game

It's terrible but play it if you're so eager to be a contrarian.

>inb4 he comes back

Attached: kingsfieldultimaunderworldautist-1.png (1880x3023, 372K)