>members get tired
>try to explore Tatarus
>Misturu says no because midterms
>try to explore Tatarus
>Misturu is gone for the night
>try to explore Tatarus
>party member is gone for the night
What the fuck is this shit?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 129K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LrhLuJZ19GM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

P3 is bad

Dude just explore Tartarus a little.

There are periods where P3's pace design is right fucked in the head.

You don't need more than like 2 nights at most anyway. The game gives you plenty of time even with all that crap. The world doesn't revolve around you, get over it.

It makes thematic sense. They're all different people who are forced into a situation together, they have their own lives and shit. Also why you don't have control of them in battle, but it also makes for shit gameplay.

Just explore it another day?

P3 is a garbage game nothing new here.

>>Misturu

>>try to explore Tatarus
>>members get tired
this never happened to me faggot unless you fucking sucked at combat.

Bait. You cannot prevent getting tired.

>not shotgunning Tartarus the day before the boss encounter because it's always available then and your party members never get tired on those days

Attached: 447.jpg (601x601, 19K)

>not doing the whole tartarus on the first day it's available

>everyone is hyped up and wants to go
>choose not to go and karaoke all night

Attached: 1544123998229.jpg (199x172, 32K)

Then why did Mitsuru say early game "just because the next day is important it doesn't mean you won't get tired"? I thought that was talking about full moon fights.

Fucking casual lmao

ALRIGHT DANCE

WHILE I PUT YOU IN A TRANCE

can any of you persona-playing fucks tell me if it's worth buying a fucking vita to play persona 4 golden for all the extra content or if it's acceptable to emulate the ps2 version

You can't do that in FES

If you're buying it only for Persona just emulate it

get golden, vitas are dirt cheap and its got like a solid 15 hours of extra content, more confidant dialogues an extra confidant with adachi new costumes and post game dungeon
play golden bruh

Attached: adachi.jpg (500x700, 40K)

You can get it on your PS3 for like 10 buckaroos, user.

If you can get them for so cheap that the money won't bother you, go for it. But emulating the PS2 version is acceptable, too. It's also a much harder game.

Attached: __jiraiya_himiko_tomoe_hanamura_yousuke_kuma_and_etc_persona_4_and_etc_drawn_by_torinoesa__8e5b4c1a0 (1500x1071, 1.33M)

are there other games on the Vita even worth my notice?

this
Atlus will hopefully port golden one day

>confidant

Attached: 1531767177722.jpg (267x338, 29K)

imagine caring this much about what i type or not

Attached: 1234454567.jpg (449x401, 23K)

>the worst version of the game on an underpowered console as opposed to my godly 4k PC and also it costs money
why the fuck would I even consider that option

DO A POTTY WITH A BURNT LASAGNA

Also pretty good

I actually didn't realize it was different in FES

No, just emulate

Because it's legal?

Attached: Dredd vs piracy.jpg (584x302, 64K)

dame dame

Attached: 1533140275556.jpg (1280x1280, 227K)

I give zero fucks about muh legality, I just want the best gaming experience at reasonable cost

LOL

The PS2 versions emulated fine on my machine, but I've heard of people having issue. Next time I play either of these games, this is route I'm going.

As far as I know Vita emulation is not an option.

That stuff only happens occasionally though and being tired doesn't make much difference unless that member is knocked down.

p3 is a bad game that gets praised by contrarians on Yea Forums. that's what the fuck this shit is.

P3 is not a bad game
None of the games are bad shut the fuck up

Characters that feel like the actually have lives and don't exist solely for the convenience of the protagonist.

It matters when you don't have invigorate or sp regenerating items because you can't go back to the entrance because they'll fucking leave
Or if you want to save after a long grind but still want to keep going further

This, it's an interesting idea to have to take advantage of your team's willingness in dungeon grinding, as opposed to pretty much any other JRPG where they mindlessly follow you through the depths of hell within the first hour.

Plus after the first few months they gain a lot more stamina, you will personally get tired of fucking Tartarus before they will.

And that's a good thing!
The exhaustion system helped reinforce that Tartarus was to be done in smaller chunks. Persona 4 and 5 fucked this all up and turned every dungeon into a one-segment SP endurance run (unless they forced you to split it up for arbitrary story reasons like in 5). The pacing of the game is much better when there's more of a balance between the dungeon crawling and social stuff.

Is the game even worth playing? Sounds awful.

>you will personally get tired of fucking Tartarus before they will.
I remember falling asleep one time when I was going up floors in the later half of Tartarus
yes

They used to do that for social sim games with a calendar and it made sense. Even Yu Gi Oh GX for the gameboy had something similar.

Yeah, it's the best Persona game

>Why do I have to play around the calendar in a calendar-based life/dating sim?

to be fair, in persona 4 and 5 you get a bad ending if you dont complete those dungeons
Its way better for those 2 games to always have your teammates available because of that. Although you do get ample time to complete the dungeons there will be people who play the games that get into those kind of last minute situations and it could lead to a frustrating restart just because some party members were not available if they aren't the kind of person to use multiple saves
you don't need to reach the top of each section of tartarus every month since it wont result in a bad ending. You cant save the day of the full moon and your teammates don't leave tartarus the night before so you cant soft lock yourself

I have no idea why they didn't just cut the calendar for P4 and 5. It literally adds nothing to those games except length.

MARIN KARIN

They could've just done something similar for 4 and 5 where before the deadline was up, all of your party members would be available. Plus, 5 seemed to screw people over the most with the deadline because people didn't understand the calling card thing.

Because P3 made money

It's P3 even worth it or I'm better off skipping to 4 and 5?

What actually is the ideal way to go through tartarus in fes?
Do you tough it out through the tiredness and get it all done asap, spread it out over a few nights, or cycle through party members?

I've been in there for over an hour in later stages without them getting tired, I really don't see why you're bloating it to be more than it is.

Jump to 4 and 5. They fixed the issues P3 had where you can now give orders to party members manually instead of the AI doing it, party members no longer fatigue, etc.

Depends on whether or not you're trying to finish all social links on your first playthrough. If you are, it's extremely strict and the optimal strategy involves making yourself sick so you can boost courage. Otherwise, I think it's better to spread it out as much as possible because there's not much to do at night in FES so going to Tartarus doesn't incur much opportunity cost.

Since the games are way heavier on SP management though you can't really get any sort of grind right before the boss fight. Course I guess they could stretch it to multiple days before the deadline. I just think its a system that causes more annoyances that interrupt gameplay when your trying to go through the game, to look back on it though I can think of if as a neat implementation
yeah its worth playing

I liked getting it out of the way in one day to focus on social links and stats for the rest of the month.

>try to explore Tartarus for the first time
>realize members get tired from fighting
>realize I don't have to ever fight other than when I choose to/the floor bosses
>realize you can just run through the entire thing to the next teleporter, port back down, save, port back up and beat the floor boss, port back down and save, port back up and run through the floors again to the next blockade, port back down and save and then you're free to grind or do Elizabeth quests or look for chests at your leisure or just fucking leave, you're essentially done until the next full moon
Do you even video games?

They were but I don't like the way 4 and 5 did SP management either.
I'm perfectly happy to trade an ounce of convenience for a pound of immersion. 5 was especially fucking ridiculous because you could call everybody in for a completely pointless meeting even on days when you couldn't hang out.

You can call everyone to the junes food court/enter the TV, and go to Tartarus then immediately leave for that same feeling though.

I don't remember if that's how it worked in 4 but if it was that's also stupid. Tartarus was fine because it's at a time when everyone would be sleeping anyway and also members of your party don't go if they've got other things going on.

Yes you spineless faggot

no it's not
proof:
youtube.com/watch?v=LrhLuJZ19GM
don't get meme'd

Persona is all style, no real substance

Play the undub ps2 version on easy.

Its still the same sort of pointless meeting situation though making them go all the way to the school just to turn around and go back for those that do come on that day.

Tartarus only takes like a night or two per barricade.
Don't bother grinding to 'explore' it when you don't have to.
Persona games are all about balancing the dungeon crawling with social life, so stop trying to hide and grind.
If you ever get tired of your own will, you are actually just playing wrong, and the game tries to punish you accordingly. This is also why the Reaper chases you out if you stick around too long.
Also, your party members will literally tell you when everyone is here and able to go to the Tartarus. If you go every day they say that you still run out of things to do there easily.

>persona
>not needing to grind

Attached: wtf19.png (662x408, 623K)

The calendar is fun, tho.

Yeah I love watching hours of filler every month then getting some plot in the last 3 months.

>tfw playing the P3P version on my phone
>save states
>always defeat those golden fuckers before they can ran away
>never fail links
Feels good

But you don't.

Attached: pokimane.jpg (1156x632, 87K)

On normal mode and halfway through the game.
I have spent maybe eight nights in the Tartarus.
If you walk past any enemy that isn't glowing pink or a guardian, you can easily do multiple guardians in a single night.
Only the 'strong' enemies and guardians are worth fighting for xp. If you must grind, just run through the floors until you find more pink shadows to fight. They are usually incredibly easy and give far more xp than the usual packs of weaker shadows.
The only time I've fought weaker mobs is when I couldn't avoid them by running past, or when I was fulfilling Elizabeth's fetch requests.
It's really that simple.
Block 2 was so easy I hit each barricade in one night.

>not starting every rpg on easy by default
it's like you have a fetish for grinding your life away in a game that will literally only increase numbers with a different difficulty

what a fucking spic

Weaker mobs honestly are more dangerous than the 'stronger' ones.
Just by numbers, having four potential attacks instead of one or two is far scarier.
Way more chances for RNG to screw you over.
>Rolls a crit and steals more of your hp than it deserved for a mob grind
>Uses a light/dark/poison move that actually hits
>Might actually run away before you beat it (only had this happen like twice on normal so it might be rarer)
Those packs of four hands or the slime looking shadows are super annoying until you get ma-spells of their weakness, since they can literally just RNG you to death early on.
Always avoid fights you don't need to take.

>Everyone in this thread shitting on P3
Let me guess you started the series with 4, your favorite is 5, you have no plans to play P2 and P1, and you hate everything SMT related despite never having played one.

Attached: 1526861151247.jpg (539x552, 30K)

I started on 4, my favorite is 4, and I still love 3 and telling the people here to play it, and plan on playing P2 and 1 next after getting through Digital Devil Saga

You have no excuse. The game makes it blatantly clear that some nights are for studying/mall and other nights are for tartarus. I got 20 hours in on hard mode before I set the game down to move apartments. If I didn't just get my computer fixed and have like 20 new pirated games I'd be playing p3 on my hacked ps2.

Stinky pits Mits

>favorite is 5
considering 5 cockblocks you just as much it could be someone hoping that the older games would be better

All these people complaining about party members being tired. Once you get more than 6 party members it aint an issue. Even then tartarus is overblown when it comes to how boring it is. It's basically P4 dungeons layout wise. At least P5 dungeons had more going on and better gameplay overall. It just takes a bit more patience and grinding. Random encounters can be pretty dangerous anyway mid to late game so I don't find it boring. If you guys are annoyed or bored by the core gameplay then you should just go play a fucking visual novel.

Attached: 1556688072268.png (325x300, 74K)

>Once you get more than 6 party members it aint an issue.
I'm not going waste time to grind 3 more party members up to my current teams level that will just be behind on levels again when I switch back to my main team, when I can just stick the same 3 the whole game.

By when I mean it aint a problem I mean you switch out the tired ones with the backups. Also with how every party member has weaknesses it's encouraged to switch them up from time to time against certain enemy types. Also I have party members at least ten or so levels apart and they are pretty easy to catch back up of you just switch them into a team consistenting of you highest level party members. It ain't hard. Also a 5 or more level difference doesn't mean that much overall if they can just knock every enemy down or hama/mudo the shit out of them.

see

What does the party members being tired even do? I mostly did my climbs on 1 day, and even though they kept bitching about being tired, I never really felt disadvantaged in battle.

Started with 1 on psp, got to the end of SEBEC route but didn't play through Snow Queen route 'cause the gameplay felt too old and unfun for me, than played 3FES, hated every single moment of it apart from the finale and the social links, then went through P5 which is by far the best game, though characters are far shittier than + the story still sucks as much as P3's but doesn't have the saving grace of a great ending and playing through SMT IV right now (which as far as gameplay goes feels too reliant on RNG but is fine aside from that).

I'll keep shooing everyone I can away from P3 with a burning passion.

Or maybe, just maybe, the gameplay sucks, its pacing sucks even more and instead of a VN I should just go play a better jrpg?

>I'll keep shooing everyone I can away from P3 with a burning passion.

Okay user, but you're not doing yourself or anyone else any favors.

Persona 6 should take place in a university setting to mix things up a bit.

It's not filler. The game takes place over the run of a year. Part of the fun is that Persona shit isn't happening 24/7 start to finish. Go play a 7 hours long AAA action-adventure game if you don't fucking like it.

The social links in 3 FES are cool, but far too disconnected from the main timeline to keep my interest.
Would be interesting if your link interactions were affected more by your other links (in a similar way having the persona in your inventory affects it), since many of them know each other.
Strength and Chariot
Hanged Man and Sun
Fuuka and Fortune
Etc.
I mean its not even a stretch because these links are literally friends with each other, but your dates with them are in their own dimensions and noone else seems to exist.
I know this is more of a videogame limitation, but couldn't you at least let me continue to go on generic dates with links I've already maxed?
When you maximize a link and become best friends early in the game (Kenji, you poor soul), you will never ever interact with them again despite being 'close' and this just feels wrong to me.
Would've rather Kenji's story actually ended with him leaving town and marrying the teacher on impulse instead of undoing much of his story to leave him as a featureless student you can never talk to again. Now I fear more of these side social links will suffer a similar fate.

University students are adults and are too burdened by responsibility to have the freedom that Persona users have.
>go to class
>go to work after school every day
>study late into the night to pass
>work every weekend to afford your expenses
If they were university students, they'd probably use their Dark Hour to sleep or study.
It'd just be too depressing.

I thought at first that the better you do the longer you can go stay but it's capped no matter what, a character could be played flawlessly and they could still be the first to get tired.
I gave up after a few hours in because the actual gameplay only lasted about 10 minutes at a time and then days of gametime of just wandering around doing much of nothing, randomly choosing what to invest in not knowing if any of it matters, just aimless progress with no combat and the dungeons are procedurally generated, which means no well designed or clever maps, which means the dungeon diving is shit too.
I've played H-games with better gameplay and pacing than this game.
HUGE step down from Nocturne.

Started with one, finished SEBEC route with speedhacks during fights, watched snow queen on youtube, finished P2IS with speedhacks as well and watched the first 3 hours of EP on youtube, didn't like how they rehashed all the maps and didn't like the new team, playing FES right now and i'm having a blast, not encountering enemies ever 10 steps is a gift from god
This is my Persona experience so far, but keep in mind that i started the whole SMT thing from Kyuuyaku and it only got better from there.

Just play P3P
:^)

>not knowing if any of it matters
It all matters. I can't think of a single thing that I've encountered that hasn't been useful.
By the way, it is hard to gain intelligence while tired, but it is easier to gain courage while tired.
Charm gain doesn't seem affected. Using the shrine and sleeping early is a convenient way to gain intelligence cheaply and maintain a "Great :D" mood.
Early game:
>player level
>Intelligence
>Charm
>Courage
Mid game:
>social links
> Elizabeth's requests
Late game:
>equipment and persona fusions
>persona stats (arcade games)

And yet Catherine had no trouble doing a plot with adults that would have been at home in a Persona game, and in fact had similar plot beats and mechanics with their respective murder mysteries and NPC interactions. I'm not saying it's without issues, they have very different time scales, but the foundation is there.

I mean minus the afford your expenses, and that they don't work EVERY day, all of 4's characters, except for Chie and I assume Marie, have a job on top of school work and such
I'm sure they can work something out