When did games lose their soul?

When did games lose their soul?

Attached: minish cap goron.gif (500x250, 371K)

money

When they died

This thread has now been cursed by ProJared. Reply to this post and repent to the transgender janitor community or suffer the wrath of the banhammer!

The early 2000s

When games needed to be released in 4 months.

Attached: C44D2853-465E-4097-A9FE-D85CF8EC8B1D.jpg (400x240, 39K)

7th gen

There is no set date, larger production teams need to standardize everything, and the one thing that seems common to all soul posts is that what they present is peculiar/unique.
AA games and handheld games have a lot of examples of soul after 2007.

Right around the time you grew up user.

And now I'm going for Satan Digits, ALL HAIL THE DARK LORD.

Games don't lose their soul. They either have it or they don't.

when we grew up.

Attached: 1498595595377.jpg (744x969, 143K)

Wut?

Attached: 1539910331544.jpg (225x216, 46K)

I know games after I was 18 that have soul, and games that predate me by a decade that have soul.

I am going to make a game with soul and nobody will stop me.

starting around 2012 most likely

will it have turn based combat?

when they became new instead of being old

Paid online and the shift towards multiplayer

The xbox killer vidya for ever change my mind

2007. That is the exact year.

so autistic little details are what give a game soul? red dead redemption 2 came out last year and it probably has the most autistic little details of any game ever made

I will try to go with something real time but still slow, if it feels too floaty still I will just go to turn-based where faster characters can get to move more times..

Dude i will make a better, more soulful game than you.
see you at the top, bro

Attached: 1557366369070.png (50x52, 1K)

When you stopped being a child op.

Details help, but it depends on the type of detail. Artstation-lite generic art is full of details, but they don't give the feel of the soul because they are generally safe details that feel too mechanical. Soulful things have an organic feel to them, they are not perfect flawless movie set homes. but instead, feel like a home someone might live in.

2001 with the release of the ps2 and the death of the dreamcast

Minish Cap is bottom tier Zelda. It was probably your first top down Zelda so you think its a masterpiece when the only entries worse than it are the DS games.

Now this is niggerposting

Around 360/PS3 gen. Devs were more concerned about GRAFIX and TECHNOLOGY and were pushing the hardware further than it shouldve gone, at the cost of creative ideas and gameplay, which in turn led to the era of Cinematic Experience and Girlfriend Mode. The good news is games are slowly recovering the soul they once had, turns out pandering to people who don't like games wasn't a sustainable business model.

Attached: shiningforce.jpg (1280x720, 130K)

What they don't tell you is that "soul" is literal, in order to craft your game you must perform a blood sacrifice and bind a human soul.