MGS2

Where did the series go so wrong after this game? It was not only a perfect sequel over the first in every way possible, but it blew expectations in every category, and pulled off the greatest surprise in video game history, that truly hasn't been appreciated by many until now.

Every single sequel has failed to either meet MGS2's strict standards and quality, or surpass them. None had tighter controls, better stealth gameplay, deeper overall gameplay, a more kino soundtrack, smoother aesthetic graphics etc.

I might be the greatest game of all time. Certainly the most ambitious great game, up there with SM64.

Attached: metal-gear-solid-2-sons-of-liberty.jpg (846x1201, 926K)

MGS 3 is still better

>2
>good gameplay
You Kojimadrones are hilarious.

Attached: 1312573713838.jpg (382x380, 38K)

im suprised with how many people havent played this game. i wish konami werent assholes and ported the mgs games to current gen consoles and pc so zoomers can experience this master peice. (yeah yeah i know there already is a pc port but most people are too retarded to use torrents so i opt for mgs hd collection on steam)

mgs literally should have ended after 2 or had gone in an entirely different direction (i'm talking the direction that isn't shit).

Movie games are shit

1 & 3 were better. A number rooms in 2 were garbage and always got you an alert phase unless you knew exactly where guards would be, timing of cameras, etc.
There is only one shitty area in mgs1 where there are mines and a hidden camera with no indication of them being there.

Attached: AB057D9F-6ECE-4ACE-9E50-07995540B844.jpg (1081x750, 450K)

It's a good ending to the franchise

you must be the type of player who uses radar

>IT'S SO GOOD BECAUSE IT SUBVERTED MY EXPECTATIONS!!!!

I played it on PC. If people cant click on a executable file to run it maybe they shouldnt play the game

>Imagine calling mgs2 a movie game in the era of VNs and other “video games”

Attached: 4B8AC286-DE0D-4DE9-9A9F-1681F036C866.jpg (1280x720, 59K)

>moviegames

Just play it user. You wont call it a movie game after playing it.

>He doesn’t blindfold himself and listen to the sound of guard’s footsteps while playing mgs

Are you absolute fucking retards actually suggesting MGS2 isn't a movie game? Unreal.

Attached: 1551843455731.jpg (180x180, 6K)

Is your definition of movie game ‘any game whose plot is too complex for my walnut-sized brain to handle’?

whats a movie game? most people didnt complain about long cutscenes until mgs4

Even if it is a movie game its a must play for the redpilling of the masses

When an average playthrough has more time spent watching cutscenes/codec calls that's a movie game. Also, the fact that every 2fags defense instantly goes to the plot says a lot about this "game" and the morons who like it.

It had to follow up the trainwreck of a story that MGS2 ended on.

Which is why 3 was a prequel.

it was a meme game, convoluted story (even by MGS standards), cheesy over-the-top bosses takes seriousness out of it, meme main character.

This was Kojima's "fuck you" to the fans.

I watched it in 2001 when it was new.

oh and it was worse in every way compared to MGS1. Outside of polished technology, the story isn't as personal as snake vs foxhound and liquid.

I mean even liquid is a bastardized/souless version of himself in every game going forward.

mgs4 act 4 made the game worthy and notable to a degree.

kek. that is MGS3 in a nutshell

Well,the whole point of the game was to subvert fan expectations.We thought we'd have a pure sequel with original mechanics but instead we got essentially the same bosses and plot as mgs1.It was at the time the videogame with the best cinematography and it outdid mgs1 in everysingle way.
In any case,mgs games have surprassed its predecessores every single time until mgs4.MGS3 had a better plot,characters and gameplay than its predecessores but it did not have that futuristic sci-fi aspect that we loved from mgs but still did wonders.
If we take all the games into account as far as modern relevancy goes,i'd say MGS2 is the most relevant game.It predicted alot of stuff that did happen or almost happened like SOPA,social media,oportunistic journalism,etc

>Where did the series go so wrong after this game?
Kojima was mad that no one could understand MGS2, so he turned MGS into an action game for simpletons. This is evident in the teaser trailers for 3 and he even calls you a traitor in 4.
MGSV was his final 'fuck you' to the MGS "fans".

Attached: 1425594672404.jpg (1024x576, 41K)

when did he call us a traitor

I decided to finally play MGS1. Icould never figure it out as a kid.
What should I know to ensure the best experience?

Playing on a PSOne (that is, the revised model).

Ah, I hear you use the Daredevil technique as well. A man of culture.

Attached: dorkdevil.png (725x639, 533K)