Why does the majority of Halo fans hate Halo 4 and Halo 5?

Why does the majority of Halo fans hate Halo 4 and Halo 5?

Attached: 1557414813583.png (1950x1225, 2.15M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BkV7YpM6zxE&list=RDTM2YqbsEzp0&index=3
youtube.com/watch?v=q_pAa9252Uo
youtu.be/6qfx9eoB-88?t=94
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because they are Halo fans

yes

Attached: 1494705394930.gif (736x627, 1.12M)

fpbasedp

didn't YOU post this earlier today OP? Same caption and same photo. Are you just looking to start the same arguments or do you actually just don't remember things that happen more than 6 hours ago?

because those games suck

5 > anything else, suck my fucking cock bungie trannies

Halo 4 was good at doing the bare minimum to continue the story and I really did like Chief and Cortana's characterization. Prometheans are the shittiest enemies in Halo however and the encounter design serviced this even less, Multiplayer was just an unabashed turd as well.

Halo 5 is the inverse, shitty Campaign characterizations, Multiplayer had decent ideas but awful balancing.

Prometheans are most shit fucking enemy ever.
>Hurr durr just spawn them right in front of the player
Looks cheap as fuck, I don't care that they're supposed to be "teleporting" or whatever, there is a reason basically every game tries to hide enemy spawns because it looks lazy.

Halo 4 added alot of mechanics that made Call of Duty what it is, homogonizing the series. it also didn't help that the boltshot was a free fucking shotgun and don't get any Halo fan started on the atrocious art-style. Halo 5 improved a bunch of stuff but the way the game "moved" prevents it from feeling like a true Halo game. Anyone can immediately point to iron sights and sprint throwing off the pace of the game and turning it into something that it isn't. Add in the microtransactions and you got yourself a mediocre follow up. In the end Halo 4 + 5's biggest problem is that instead of staying unique to what made them Halo, they chased trends that Call of Duty and other shooters were using thus making it so homogenized it wasn't very satisfying to play. Why do you think people want "Classic" Halo back? Not just because they're some tired boomer but because the game was fun, colorful, and had a skillfloor where the game didn't hold your fucking hand for missing the crouch jump and map designs were based around being able to traverse easily not powerfist into the ground and sprint quickly.

They aren't bad games by any means but they're not good for Halo games.

Attached: CockOfDoody4_1280x1024(1).jpg (1280x1024, 179K)

Why are elites so weak in Halo 4 & Halo 5? They're almost like grunts now

/thread

Holy fucking BASED

Attached: 1552658942445.jpg (400x453, 25K)

Because they're fucking terrible games.

Attached: star wars comparison.jpg (3068x1252, 1.02M)

4's campaign is very poorly designed, especially on Legendary.
>awful weapon sandbox often restricts you to Promethean weapons, which are visually and - more importantly - aurally garbage
>Knights are annoying to fight, with a 1 hit kill melee, constant teleportation, and a revive mechanic stalling encounters
>new Covenant designs are for the most part disgusting (especially Elites), and they are more tedious to fight due to every mook being able to overload the plasma pistol and stronger homing on needler blamite
>worse AI than previous games, hiding behind cover completely drops all aggro as if Chief vanished
This is just in the mechanics of the campaign, many did not like the writing and CoD multiplayer elements.

I never played 5, but most seem to view no co-op splitscreen as heresy for the Halo franchise. The bumbling AI squadmates are a poor/unwanted replacement, if you are stupid enough to even consider them as a valid replacement for human companionship.

Halo 5 has a SHIT multiplayer, its not good and its complete cod rip off.

Attached: 1546468150223.jpg (1200x798, 257K)

Because they stopped wearing armor on their fucking arms unlike previous iterations

Attached: file.png (480x749, 658K)

4's Prometheans are infuriating to fight. Poor indication of damage taken, sure, but they remove the options that the Covenant gave you. With the Covenant, you can gamble on killing the big guys and then having the grunts panic, or sticking a grunt and having him run back, or just picking them off one by one. With Prometheans, you HAVE to kill the dogs first so you can take cover, then you HAVE to kill the flyers so they dont resurrect the Knights, and ONLY THEN can you kill the Knights. And they're all failed abortions visually.

How to you go from this

Attached: halo 2 elite.jpg (1400x1435, 1.14M)

Attached: 1555358309307.jpg (2766x508, 401K)

To this?

Attached: halo 5 elite.png (1344x1022, 916K)

Someone post the picture with all the cortana designs. I wanna see THICC cortana

story is fanfic tier and the gameplay is more cod/less halo

Halo 4 was great and Cortana was thicc as fuck

>The chad
Halo 1
Halo 2
Halo 3
Halo Wars 1 + 2
>The exquisite
Halo: Reach
>The virgin
Halo 4
Halo 5

very berry bad campaign story. plus:
-the new enemies seem like they dont belong in halo
-the new weapons seem like they dont belong in halo

The Scattershot's the only Promethean weapon thats pretty cool but thats about it

Attached: file.png (1920x1358, 1.23M)

This like Metroid fans they hate everything.

They hated Halo 4's multiplayer which did get better after the patches and Halo 5's campaign.

This

Because you're the Master Chief.

>They hated Halo 4's multiplayer which did get better after the patches
I purchased the fucking DLC season pass and for some fucking reason, none of the DLC worked on my home console
spent literally days re-installing and reformatting my fucking system and it still wouldnt work
go on another 360 and BAM theres the fucking DLC

fuck halo 4

bad games

The 343 Fanboy/Paid Shill Checklist:
>Halo needs to evolve
>Sprint keeps Halo relevant
>I feel like a supersoldier when I sprint
>I feel like a supersoldier when I use the thruster pack
>Halo didn't have competition back then
>Halo 5 doesn't have ADS
>The radar in Halo 5 is good
>The campaign in Halo 5 is bad, but the multiplayer is good
>Halo 4 was underrated
>Crouch jumping is still relevant in Halo 5
>Bungie is the reason why 343 makes bad Halo games
>What about Reach
>What about Destiny
>343 doesn't have to show the population counter
>343 doesn't show the population, because less people will play bad game modes (Ignores Halo 3's population 3 years after release)
>lorefagging
>There's no such thing as a true Halo fan
>I never said that
>Automatics in Halo 5 aren't overpowered
>343 saved Halo
>changes the subject when the MCC is brought up
And their personal favorite:
>I've been playing Halo since CE, and Halo 5 is a good game
If you think you're arguing with a 343 fanboy or a paid shill, simply resort to this checklist, call him a 343 fanboy or a paid shill, then ignore him. Watch him cower and recoil as he's been found out.

That was something else that pissed people off and chased them away, could explain why they stop doing those stupid Season Passes with Halo 5.

Drastic change in Art style, Gameplay and Enemy Design, AI also took a huge hit too, enemies losing alot of their expressions; they couldn't dive away from nades, suicide, lead each other, comment on your death, shoot your corpse. 5 had the same issue but these potatoes were also on your team, forcefully. Don't remember but I also think their deaths send you back to checkpoint

There will never be an official Halo dating sim.

Attached: .png (846x571, 510K)

You forgot
>Halo 5 has the best weapon balance
>Sprint makes the game faster

beautiful

Attached: 2E1AB0AB-64ED-4695-A243-FFA83CB1F299.jpg (1024x601, 48K)

Based and halopilled

Attached: 1546611871219.jpg (2010x1813, 495K)

>Automatics in Halo 5 aren't overpowered
Aside from the SAW I thought they were underpowered actually...then again I haven't played 5 in fucking forever. How bad has the balanace gotten?

Because a lot of people never really cared for Halo, and only played it because it was popular or have a for some reason have a huge hard on for Bungie.
While I don't care for Halo 4, Halo 5 is the best thing we have gotten for the series since 3.

Why are Halo fans always at civil war with each other?

TruthandReconciliationpilled

Halo 5
>Campaign had Master Chief in 1/5 of the missions, and they were the smallest missions ever. 10% of the campaign is with Master Chief.
>Gears style revives hindered solo play on legendary since if a squadmate dies, you lose even if you don't die
>No co-op
>Doesn't play like a Halo game, plays like a Call of Duty game
>No decent collectables, barely any fun new characters, major villain killed in first mission
>Same boss fight 15 times
>Covenant only in 15% of the game and most of it has Promethean fighting them as well
>Major focus on movement mechanics and attacks make the game feel much slower then it did before
>Nothing memorable about it at all

Prophet of BASED

Attached: 1554437225335.jpg (222x255, 9K)

Because there's like 4 sub groups of the fanbase
>The Fans
>The "Fans"
>The REAL "Fans"
>The rational Fans
I love Halo, but the fanbase can fucking rot in hell for all I care.

Reminder
>Halo 5 was so bad that they aren't doing Halo 6
>Halo Wars 2 was amazing for lore, but still had to connect to Halo 5 instead of Infinite

Well Yea Forums?

Attached: 1554012357462.png (1024x801, 1.1M)

If 343 used bullshit space magic to bring Johnson back, I honestly wouldn't care.

ONLY THE STRONGEST WILL SURVIVE

broo wtf is going on the the wars 1 one

THIS

Only IIs are real Spartans

I got an uncle on my mothers side (my aunt was blood relative but passed away from cancer.) who digs Halo and I am the only one who gets along with him since he is a shitty father (More focused on his video games that my family raises my cousin basically) and works half the year in the Arctic.

He was holding off for reviews for Halo 5 since he didn't like Halo 4 as much and the MCC collection and I had to straight up tell him (I bought the UNSC Console before launch) to not buy it until it was on sale. He followed through with it and both he and my cousin and I just rail on how fucking terrible it is.

Where

The

Fuck

Is

Reach

Agreed

Halo Infinite is Halo 6 and takes place after Halo 5 and continues it and Halo 4's story while dropping the dead weight.

Post examples

Where

The

Fuck

Is

Halo 3

youtube.com/watch?v=BkV7YpM6zxE&list=RDTM2YqbsEzp0&index=3

Post kino

Attached: 1541798798591.jpg (1375x645, 83K)

I wouldn't mind if Thorne got more focus in the story, he's easily the most likable character of the new generation Spartans. He could have Roland be his version of Cortana or something.

that's actually not bad.

Can't wait to finally see more of Halo Infinite at E3 this year.

>Star Wars
Fucking nerd, should have just used Alien

fairly accurate but 3 ~= 2 imho

Stop comparing Halo with that gay ass Star Wars series for babies and nerds, if you're going to compare Halo to a movie series compare it to the one it was based off of, Alien, an actual good sci fi series that went to shit. God fuck, you guys are nerds.

Calm your autism.

Star Wars was never good

Cringe but redpilled.

PLEASE BE GOOD

trying to get some better numbers. god knows i post in here expecting it to do well and it gets shit results and i end up having to make the same post worded differently.

Didn't your thread reach 500 posts earlier?

>343 saved Halo
They did though, well Bonnie did. If it wasn't for her Microsoft would have killed it by having Gearbox fuck it up. Can't blame her for Microsoft getting involved with Halo 4 and 5's development, Halo Infinite is the first time Microsoft isn't involved, would explain why it looks like Halo again.

include reach
odst was the only good spinoff that retained the gameplay

Halo 5 has the worst written campaign in a AAA game I've ever played. It was fanfic-tier. None of the new characters were memorable. The Arbiter didn't meet Chief. Worst of all, they randomly threw in Chief's bookfriends and made absolutely zero deal of it. That should have been huge. Then go and they fucking set up an ME3 plotline for Halo 6, it couldn't have been worse.

Also why the fuck would the UNSC develop tech that freezes Spartans? That seems really, really, really fucking stupid

Hope Infinite brings back Scarabs and lets us fight Retriever Sentinels, War Sphinx, Sharquoi, and Flood Juggernauts, I also wonder will Drones and Prophets return in some form.

You better fucking bet I would have made the first few missions about Chief checking up on his friends and seeing what crazy shit they're up to to help characterize them for new players. I can't believe they fucking did NOTHING with them. It's just insultingly awful writing

Absolute unit.

They had way too much shit going on in Halo 5, they try to give books fans fanservice, ODST fans fanservice, and Halo 2 fans fanservice with no payoffs. If they would have just stuck with Chief, the game would have been so much better, I also don't know how they thought people would want to play Spartan IVs in the campaign when Spartan Ops in Halo 4 failed because no one liked the Spartan IVs.

kek

If you like anything other than Halo 1-3, you are a pleb and you don't know shit about video games

It was the worst fanservice imaginable. Throwing the characters in so they're in without any coherent reason or development for a single one. I get genuinely mad that some shithead got paid to write such a pile of shit story and nobody in 343 upper management thought, "this is fucking awful." I'd say Microsoft was breathing down their neck to push something out as fast as possible but it seems like they had time and an infinite budget

>Prometheans are most shit fucking enemy ever.

They also looked like the most generic video game enemies ever and were annoying as fuck to fight.

I dont like the increase of this girl being posted here.

Hey hey. Reach and ODST had great campaigns. As far as campaigns go,

3 > Reach >2 > ODST > 1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 4 >>>>> 5

I say it was both, Microsoft were pretty much getting heavily involved with their first party game development until around 2017 when Phil got promoted and the suits finally fucked off, Brian was the other problem, he was a fucking comic book writer and his writing didn't fit Halo at all.

Bungie comared the OT to LOTR, they wanted halo 3 to be The return of the king.

I'm fine with that

>Bullshit lore, if you want to understand everything you have to read the books. Unlike Bungie's era where they were a bonus to expand the lore
>Space magic
>Masterchief who's entier character is to be lucky and incredibly persistent is now Jesus
>Mysterious Forerrunners are now Tron

And so on. Didn't even bothered to buy a Xbox One to play 5, glad I did

>scarabs
Never with 343, they wont get an AI like in 3, remember that awful kraken replacement in 5?
>Retriever Sentinels and sphinxes
Probably not, 343 isnt interested in expanding large scale vehicle combat.
>drones
They wont be coming back as long as crawlers are in the game which act as their replacement
>prophets
Why? Easily the worst alien race of halo

Not praising prometheans but how are the knights generic with their beetle shaped upper body?
I thought their silhoulette was interesting but the face and floaty bits ruin the design.
Rest of the prometheans suck though, especially the soldiers and the dogs.

>Never with 343, they wont get an AI like in 3, remember that awful kraken replacement in 5?
>Probably not, 343 isnt interested in expanding large scale vehicle combat.
Infinite will have bigger levels than Halo CE and Halo 3 while being more open-ended than both, they've been working on the game for 4 years going on 5 years now, why can't they? I mean the trailer showed off a big Sentinel in the underwater so I can see it happening on some way or form especially when the Retriever Sentinel made its first appearance in Halo Wars 2 and they were planning to add Sphinxes in Halo 5.
>They wont be coming back as long as crawlers are in the game which act as their replacement
If Cortana got in contact with their queen I don't see how they can't be added.
>Why? Easily the worst alien race of halo
Their species is near extinction and Cortana could offer to help them out. Prophets could probably get the believers to believe in Cortana more without being destroyed.

>compare it to the one it was based off of, alien
Tell me how it was based off alien, please.
That claim is the most retarded thing ive read all day.

Then you never played Halo yet you post your gay ass reddit Star Wars pictures yet no nothing of Halo's upbringing, pathetic, don't call yourself a Halo fan. And there is far more than just this, by the way.

Attached: 02halo4.jpg (500x185, 82K)

*know

>and they were planning to add Sphinxes in Halo 5
They did, and they were only in cutscenes and hanging in the background, i dont think they ever planned them as enemies.
>If Cortana got in contact with their queen I don't see how they can't be added.
Why would 343 be interested in doing that? They didnt care enough to show the arbiter for a whole game.
>Their species is near extinction and Cortana could offer to help them out.
And so what? Theyre a boring, uninteresting specie
>Infinite will have bigger levels than Halo CE and Halo 3 while being more open-ended than both
And halo 5 was supposed to be the darkest, biggest and most ambiguous halo yet

WHERE THE FUCK IS IT 3V4
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY HALO

they are not halo fans if they don't like halo 4 and 5, period, they are just bungiefags

Are those supposed to be similar my retarded friend?
You could at least show something that actually looks like halo like the starship troopers anime, but i doubt you know of it.
Youre just repeating shit you see on reddit and by Yea Forumsedditors you see here

Attached: A4136-1408387276.1498031006.jpg (442x550, 55K)

>They did, and they were only in cutscenes and hanging in the background, i dont think they ever planned them as enemies.
Those were Guardians.
>Why would 343 be interested in doing that? They didnt care enough to show the arbiter for a whole game.
They wouldn't show that but it could be explained from a Phoenix Log of why they're apart of the new Covenant.
>And so what? Theyre a boring, uninteresting specie
They were cool looking.
>And halo 5 was supposed to be the darkest, biggest and most ambiguous halo yet
Biggest as in story, Infinite is putting emphasis on exploration.

That's another series Halo is based off of.

Attached: Ark_-_Comparison.png (570x348, 250K)

this man understands me

Bungie literally said that Elites design were based off of the alien in Alien.
Fuck off both of you

Halo is mostly based on Shi Kai's concepts arts, he made all the covenant aliens, the covenant, forerunner and unsc aesthetic.
Tell me how the covenant is inspired by Alien other than that they are aliens.

>Bungie
It was drawn by a single guy, the concept art looks nothing like an alien and has been changed many times, stop speaking out of your ass.

Thanks but I was the one telling the Star Wars nerd Bungie took inspiration from Alien, even 343 are still doing it.

Attached: jonas-minnebo-flood-defense-concepts-egg.jpg (1920x919, 326K)

Attached: AJ_-_Comparison.png (502x302, 174K)

Why are you so mad about this, as an user stated Bungie based the Elites off of Xenomorphs.

Attached: 02halo2.jpg (500x184, 80K)

youtube.com/watch?v=q_pAa9252Uo

A black guy with a cigar, is he the representation of the artstyle in alien? I thought you were talking about Alien and not Aliens aswell.
How are these similar, do you also think the headcrab is literally a facehugger?
Halo and Half life being inspired by some alien aspects doesnt make them fucking based off of alien.

The story in Halo 4 is great but the campaign itself sucks
The story in Halo 5 is plain garbage

>there are people in this very thread who think halo reach isn't kino

>Why are you so mad about this, as an user stated Bungie based the Elites off of Xenomorphs.
It gets tiresome when anons here think thats all what halos design boils down to, ripping off alien. Like halo has no identity of its own, artists look to art for inspiration, is that so hard to understand?

Did I time travel back to 2009 when this was something to talk about?

Attached: Queen_-_Comparison.png (620x238, 201K)

>thats all what halos design boils down to, ripping off alien. Like halo has no identity of its own, artists look to art for inspiration, is that so hard to understand?
You know how I can tell you've never made anything of your own?
Halo was inspired by Alien but they are clearly distinct entities.
Like holy shit you are such a boomer retard.
Drink some more Busch Lite for me homie.

Tell me how these are similar?
Did you just google that stupid bullshit that also gave you the aliens black guy?
Does picrel also look like the queen to you?

Attached: _pdp_sq_.jpg (1000x1000, 163K)

Attached: Screenshot_160.png (754x269, 46K)

> inspired by Alien
Youre right there and i just said that, youre wrong when you said its based off alien.

No, if you were a Halo fan you'd despise 2-3 niggers.

Attached: cuck.png (714x741, 77K)

Johnson is just a guy, not an artstyle.

You would think when people use anonymous forums they would not attempt to think they were talking to only one person.
Fucking newfag cancer

I thought Promtheans made the game much easier because they have really good weapon drops and replaced the bullshit Flood.

Tell it to the judge nigger

because the hud fucking sucks

H5 wasn't nearly as shitty as TLJ.

>You would think
beep
beep
reddit detected

CE = Reach > odst > 4=5=3 > 2

CE 1
Gay crap 0

Attached: sptv3.jpg (2880x1800, 775K)

shut the fuck newfag
you actually think I'm the same as some other fag
kill yourself

>shut the fuck

4 barely ok
5 was rancid dogshit

You must be from 2012 Halo era where 343 were pulling shit from Prometheus, Star Wars, and Avengers.

No one said they did ripoff Alien.

Attached: 01.jpg (620x198, 51K)

>snipers don't unscope on shots
Halo 4 was so fucking cancerous.

HW wasnt created by bungie, and that head silhouette really isnt that unique.
Your pic doesnt mean anything, the alien essentially has a human skull with an elongated jaw.
Picrel is the alien ripoff youre so desperate to find.

Attached: 7587d2a4fe1e1e135c3ee352d836f31c.png (543x514, 380K)

you'll get used to it

Attached: bury nice tamborine.jpg (600x672, 149K)

In terms of Halo 5 actually having interesting marketing and environments it has that going for it at least, plus a fun multiplayer compontent. Just a shame that both 5 and TLJ tried to do too much and handled some established characters so weirdly.

You're a sci-fi pleb
You're a film pleb
just go watch Marvel movies you fucking retard

>chunky, bulbous armor

Absolutely shit-tier, I have no idea why it got so popular as a style.

How am i the pleb?
Youre the retard that is seeing aliens in everything because youve only seen a single sci fi movie in your life.

Just go back to Star Wars and capeshit please.

Actual retard talk
Aliens was just some alien flick lol
not even as good as the first Avengers lol

With 343 they probably got a taste of new hardware and decided to go nuts just to show off as much as they could. Thats the only excuse I can think of and it would explain why Halo 5's cosmetics in multiplayer look so terrible outside of bad art direction

just because i think halo should have its own artstyle and not be accused of ripping everything off?
Whats your obsession with capeshit, how is that related to the discussion?
Im not saying i dont appreciate alien, but saying halo is based off it is a huge stretch.

Kenneth Scott was a lead designer.

Attached: Kenneth Scott 2.png (1149x582, 933K)

Ive only seen the first Avengers, alien was good but was carried by the memorable HR Giger design. The thing is way better movie.

Bungie has stated multiple times they took inspiration from Aliens, Predator, Starship Troopers, and Ring World.

my nigger

I agree, then that means halo was not based off Alien alone like you kept saying.
I disagreed with that.

>artists don't have influences
>people don't make references to things they like
Faggot fucking comedians influence each other.
Get the fuck out of here.

>alien
Aliens you illiterate fuck.
Aliens by THE James Cameron
Unironically kill yourself

it truly was embarrassing

>Hotest cortana is in the worst games
It's not fair bros

Attached: 1557428330693.gif (358x340, 2.84M)

>>Hotest cortana is in the worst games
CE isn't the worst game.

Attached: A scanner darkly.jpg (560x420, 131K)

>you'll never be able to make a custom spartan with a custom AI

Attached: cort2.jpg (500x384, 65K)

>artists don't have influences
When did i ever say that? I think they should be able to take inspiration without it being based off something.
What the fuck is your problem?

Attached: objective truth.jpg (1370x816, 431K)

This

>being based off something
When it comes to art, art is always based off something else.
Art stacks on top of previous works.
You are legit impacted skull brain damaged stupid

Halo and Halo 2 were amazing games, it all went downhill from there.

Rogue One babies wish their shit movie was as good as Reach

Halo 2 was still fun but the campaign had some bullshit encounters on higher difficulties and the shotgun and magnum felt nerfed compared to their glorious CE counterparts.

>When it comes to art, art is always based off something else
Is that some forced rule?
No its not you idiot, you can take inspiration something without it being based off it.
For example the new alien deer you see in infinite are obviously based off of deer.
The giant dinosaur gorilla creatures from reach are not based off anything but have inspirations from existing animals.
None of halos are based off something from aliens, except for maybe johnson, hes a joke character anyway.

>Reach
>good

You're right about everything but the H5 multiplayer. Not really traditional, but it does play pretty good overall, and the forge/customs are the best they have ever been.

Still would prefer a more classic MP though with maybe other abilities restricted to campaign/customs.

Holy shit you are retarded.
Alright, forget the mechanisms of human expressions. Something that has alluded all your life and will always.
Aliens is THE Sci-Fi movie.
That's why it's a fucking CLASSIC.
There are Aliens references in fucking RUNESCAPE.
The Cryo Pods in Halo? Yeah, original fucking idea there.
The aliens that take control of people. Yeah, original fucking idea.
The space marines on an alien planet. Original fucking idea never been fucking done before.
You are such a fucking faggot pleb

>Not IIIs
They are arguably the definitive Spartans when you consider most of them were under equip and still performed extremely well.

Its not fucking based off alien though, thats what im trying to get through your simple media consuming retarded head.
Reference is not the same as being based off it, you still have to answer how the alien movies shaped the forerunner and covenant artstyle, fucking johnson and and a cryo pod isnt enough to shape an entire artstyle.

Agreed

Yeah, I'm ignoring Reach, Spartan IIs are the real Spartans like he said.

It literally starts and ends the same way as Alien.
Cope.

Are you mentally ill?

Wow.
Is that an artstyle?

Answer this

No, it's not.
It starts in a Cryo Pod (Halo CE) and ends in a Cryo Pod (Halo 3)
Cope.

Alien 3 doesnt end that way though.

Even ignoring reach they're pretty impressive for what they are you lorelet.

Attached: halopill.png (1106x1349, 82K)

Halo 4 is dogshit. Bad maps. Loadouts. Random drops. Abilities. It’s Call of Duty in space but not fun.
No one hates 5, it was a step in the right direction (back towards 2 the best one) but or if they do they hate other Halo games more.

Oh, I'm speaking with someone who has autism.
Never mind then.

This comparison is really insulting to 3, Reach and The Last Jedi.

This

>Master Chief
>emotions
That's where they fucked up. The characterization is shit. Go watch the fucking crowbcat video if you need an explanation for why it's shit.

Objectively wrong. Chief and Cortana have absolutely no reason to be close, they were only together for an extremely short period of time in the lore and Chief does a 180 in his relation to cortana.

If they wanted to make chief more human, they should have taken a note from the books and placed emphasis on his regard for human lives and how his decisions impact others and their survival. Blue team should have also been crucial in this as well.

Why are you comparing 3 games with a single movie and expect people to also do that?
Youre the autistic one.

This

>insulting
>to TLJ
out onions "male"

2 has by far the best story and it pisses me off that neither bungie nor 343 ever tried something like it again.

Attached: arbiter-header-image-e1493407483891[1].jpg (1200x513, 449K)

Again, you are a film pleb
Alien 3 has no significance to cinema
retard

I agree

Attached: push_cortana_push____by_lunaartemis_s237-d61pc2h.jpg (900x653, 89K)

Thinking youre a film buff for watching alien is a sign of being a retard, bet youve never even watched a movie with a foreign language.

Not him but someone didn't play Halo CE-3.

They were pretty close in Halo CE-3, who cares what the books says only what Bungie and 343 says matters. Books are inconsistent because Bungie and 343 aren't writing them.

You didn't play those games, 343 fag.

Because the campaign was a disappointment and it ended up hurting future Halo games that tried to be like it, Halo is better off with the gameplay in the forefront, Halo 2's campaign wasn't even that good on release.

>Future halo games that tried to be like it
But no other halo game tried to be like it.

Yes, I did, Chief had a character in those games, your dumbass just saw him as a walking catchphrase and called it a day.

I'd almost think they had a mandate to contradict every plot element and theme from the original games.
Flood as end result of another galaxies natural selection and the inter-galactic equivalent of an apex predator? LOL no a generic Bio-Weapon revenge plot.
Humans as chosen heirs of god-like Forerunners? LOL the forerunners were stupid jerks and humans were ancient astronauts.
Master Chief going to a well deserved sleep with his AI waifu and going down in history as a near messianic figure? LOL Cortana is a generic rogue AI plot and Chief gets woken up after like five minutes and everyone thinks he's a loser.

holy shit kill yourself you newfag redditor

Durak 2014
The Hunt 2012
>he actually thinks watching films in another language other than English is impressive
wew lad

ODST, Reach, Halo 4, and Halo 5 all pushed for a character-driven story and put gameplay mostly to the side like Halo 2.

You actually named the movies.
OH NO NO NO.
I can feel your inferiority complex from my continent

Except they didn't do it like 2 at all. All those games you listed tell there story nothing like Halo 2. The games you listed were about squad interaction. Halo 2 was about a single character growing and understanding the world around him as the players also learned the games lore.

Alien > Aliens

Those games you listed copied COD, not halo 2.

reminder that reach isn't canon

Of course not. It's a planet, not a cannon.

I posted good films because they're good films.
Just like Bungie based Halo off of Alien because it's a good movie.

>BET U DON'T EVEN WATCH BASED FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILMS
>YES I DO
>C R I N G E

You're just as cringe as him at the very least desu.

>2019
>only watching movies made in Clapistan
Holy shit absolute reddit normie roaming
How hard was it for you not to put emoticons in your post?

Replaying both of them years later made me realize H4 single player wasn't that bad but really really not like a Halo. It still looks great and have a neat scary sci-fi aesthetic. The enemies however... are trash. When will devs realize ROBOTS ARE NOT FUN TO FIGHT. Gears 4 did the same. A game which is known for the bloody gore makes you kill tin cans who doesn't care. Flying enemies too. Those flying shits with rez in halo are extremely annoying just as the shielded fucks in Gears 4. The game wasn't made with enemies in mind who can ignore cover and take ages to kill.
As for Halo 5 there is nothing I liked in the SP. Nothing. Hated the mini bosses especially.

No, Halo 2 was a dual story that didn't work, many that played Halo 2 didn't want or care to learn about some alien that made its debut in sid game, people wanted to continue the story of Chief. Why Halo 4 gets less backlash on this is because 343 finally gave fans what they wanted a deeper dive into the Master Chief's character while Bungie pushed that aside to shove all of that into characters no one cared about. After 343 made this progress they regressed with the next game making the same mistake as Halo 2, ODST, and Reach combined of having way too many characters and not being able to characterize any of them. It didn't help that they faced the same problem as those past games of not giving a fuck about all the characters and just wanted to go through Chief's story again. Hell, Halo 3 had the characterization for the Chief that Halo 2 was missing because you spend most of Halo 2 as an alien.

*reminder that Halo: Reach isn't canon

>That didn't work
But it did. How did it not work faggot?
>Many that played halo 2 didn't want or care to learn about some alien
Well yeah, they are low IQ niggers. Low IQ niggers can't understand a story that isn't about them.

>Halo 4 gave fans what they wanted
You are the biggest idiot in this entire thread.

*said

I got the achievements in every Halo on the 360
Played through every campaign numerous times, legendary on every game multiple times, etc etc

Gave up on Halo 5 campaign a few hours in, and have never gone back to it, it was fucking disgusting

I got every achievement too. The master chief collection is bullshit though. I will go back to try to finish it sometime but the achievements for completing the campaigns in 3 hours each on legendary are so tedious.

"Why do"

not "why does"

Defend all you want, no one cared about some character just introduced in a game with the series main character. It's not that his story was bad, it's that no one was interested, if Halo 2's campaign was so well liked it wouldn't have gotten a significant amount of backlash to the point of Halo 3 sticking with Chief in the end.

You can bitch all you want, many liked the story because of the characterization of Chief and Cortana, characters we have known since 2001's Halo CE.

>No one
A lot of people did and still do. halo 2 is still talked about. In fact halo 2 got remastered with the cutscenes specifically done by a different studio because people did. Just because your low IQ nigger brain didn't like it doesn't mean others didn't.
>People didn't like Halo 2
>B-But halo 4 was liked
Oh I see, I am talking to a 343 shill.

>Characters we have known since 2001
And we knew Arbiter since 2004. Not a huge difference in time there dumb dumb.

>4 million people on youtube that watched the arbiter halo cutscenes don't actually count!

Yeah I think I'm 77% through the achievements on MCC, but those achievements and the LASO ones are bullshit, I just don't care enough to put in the work and time required for them

youtu.be/6qfx9eoB-88?t=94

Reminder for all you retarded Halo 4 faggots.

>Fat dyke telling us about how her shitty fanfic love story between chief and Cortana is so cool!

Halo 2 was good for its multiplayer. Bungie and 343 have a problem of not giving these characters their own games or just reducing the number of characters to a point where they can be characterized, they also shoved them in Chief games which is something you don't do.
>Arbiter failed because he was in a Chief game, that's simple
To fix this, give Arbiter his own game with no Master Chief, give us a view of the Covenant without the story jumping everywhere.
>Alpha 9 failed because no one cared about the team members but Buck
To fix this, remove the Rookie and give more time for the squad to be alone and personally speaking to each other so we can get a glimpse of their character.
>Noble Team failed because they had too many members
Literally, remove Noble 6, reduce the team size, and focus on these characters personally.
>Blue Team and Fireteam Osiris failed because they're in a Chief game
Too many fucking characters and all in a Chief game that barely has Chief, give them all their own games.

If Bungie and 343 would have done this, these characters would have worked in the games they were in but they all wanted to be too damn ambitious.

That's pretty low going by the 8 million sales number.

He was a new character stealing the main characters spotlight, I explain it here . This all they needed to do and Halo 2, ODST, Rech, and Halo 5 wouldn't ended up with so much backlash.

Halo 2's story was perfect for what it was. Chief and the rest of the characters contrasting with the arbiter helped the story. Chief isn't a deep character and neither were any of the other ones so they were more of a comic relief and grounding compared to Arbiters.

Yeah, Bungie died after Halo 3 and this is just two studios with different mindsets and directions.

>50% is low
343 shills are pretty fucking stupid.
>He was a new character
And this is bad how?
I see you a low IQ brainlet nigger. Goodnight brainlet 343 shill nigger.

Halo fans don’t like fanfic come to life.

Halo 2's story was a mess that even Bungie didn't want to finish it to the point where they just picked three plot threads to end in Halo 3. Halo 2 killed all of Bungie's enthusiasm to make any more Halo games. They really should have reworked it from the ground up.

>*343 telling us about how their shitty fanfic love story between chief and Cortana is so cool!
ftfy

good tiers

I miss short hair purple Cortana.

>And this is bad how?
Yes when you decide to sideline your main character for this new character, 343 really did learn from the best here, both Bungie and 343 were stupid on this part, they wanted people to accept Arbiter and Locke so badly give them spin-off games first before you shove them in a mainline games and then trying to force people to like them.

halo 4 has an incredibly cringe inducing fanfic tier plot. halo 5 doesn't even look like a halo game.

*instead of

No, MC is an emotionally stunted autistic brainwashed killing machine who only knew Cortana for less than a year. the fact that he cares more about her than his Spartan II buddies who he has fought and bled alongside for literal decades is stupid and if 343 wanted to truly delve into book lore like they have clearly shown, they should have focused on Chief's relationship with his fellow Spartan IIs, instead of the contrived nonsense that was MC and Cortana's relationship in Halo 4.

Attached: Ghosts_of_Onyx_Cover.jpg (310x279, 16K)

Not in Halo CE-4, lorefag.

In CE-3. 4 isn't canon.

Refer to

It's canon, I go by the games, not some inconsistent ass books like you autistic faggots that sperg out every time the game doesn't follow the books in some cases when it was made pretty clear that games hold the higher tier in canon.

I go by the games as well, but Halo 4 isn't canon.

Halo CE-5 is canon along with Infinite which will follow Halo 5's story without the bullshit.

4 and 5 aren't canon though.

You don't make something not canon because you don't like it, you make it not canon when it doesn't fit with anything in the series, you know like Halo: Reach.

>Dude Cortana can interact with the physical world at will
>It's forerunner magic, I ain't gotta explain shit
I waited so fucking long for Halo 4. I was 10 years old when Halo 3 came out, and it was the first game I played on Xbox Live. Halo 2 was the first M game my parents let me get, around the same time as 3. I was so enthralled by the setting, that I even read some of the books. I remember spending hours after school watching videos on youtube of fan theories about the ending and Halo 4. Don't even get me started on Red vs Blue, Spriggs, Arby n' the Chief, pregame lobby, inside halo, and other machinima.

I knew it wasn't going to be the same without the original Bungie team at the helm, but words fail to describe the failure of 343. They completely ruined the setting. I hated the prevalence of forerunner enemies, and I miss the original focus on the human-covenant war. Add insult to injury with the absolute embarrassment that was the Didac boss fight, and it should be easy to see why nu-halo is hated.

Attached: justed.png (369x312, 254K)

4 and 5 don't fit with anything in the series, so they aren't canon.

They fit pretty well in the canon, unlike 2010 Bungie, 343 went out of their way to make sure their shit fit in the canon, you're just saying that because you don't like it.

No I'm saying they don't fit the canon because they literally don't fit the canon.

>play MCC with a good friend
then
>complete H4 on legendary alone
>complete Spartan Ops on legendary alone
I have to admit I cheesed the LASOs so now I feel even more compelled to finish it. Still H2 lego is absolute bullshit and I can't see how can I ever complete it. I think I try again when Reach will be released.

Attached: h5g.png (1920x1080, 2.63M)

Nope, it's because you don't like it, even Halo CEA and Halo 2A help them fit the canon better ignoring that prologue and epilogue of H2A.

BASED

Attached: ENpw6.gif (300x170, 1.15M)

>Nope, it's because you don't like it
Brainlet detected.They're not canon, faggot. Deal with it. That's why they're scrapping the games in Infinite.

Sounds like Star Wars.

oh god i feel bad for poor Geoff

You sound like an autistic bitch, also sorry to burst your bubbles but 343 already confirmed that Hlo Infinite is a sequel to Halo 5 and this is going to hurt worse, the latest novel has story elements introduced in Halo 4 and 5 like the Absolute Record, Didact, and Bastion. Sorry, Halo 4 and 5 still have important story elements that will return in the future maybe even in Infinite.

>latest novel
The books aren't canon. Only the games are canon. Except for 4 and 5 because they don't fit the canon.

>Visit cousin who has an Xbone
>He goes through the effort of reinstalling 5 so we can play some customs together
>Download finally finishes
>We both remember at the last second that there's no splitscreen in a Halo game
How can 343 fuck up so bad?

Attached: hyde.gif (202x360, 1.84M)

>Powered armored space marines fighting within and without
>Religious aliens with reptillian inspirations
>Hive minded aliens that corrupt or consume everything they touch

Attached: sc2.jpg (902x560, 74K)

Why would the UNSC make tech to freeze spartans?
>Spartan II goes AWOL and starts a family on some far off colony
>ONI finds him and tells him to get back in the fight
>He tells them to fuck off with their war he a family man now
>ONI tries to assassinate him half a dozen times and fail every time
>Eventually give up and just wash him out the program

Probably one of the reasons.

They're canon but the games hold a higher canon than the books, this must really suck for you, my mentally ill friend.

They're not canon. I go by the games, not some inconsistent ass books like you autistic faggots.

I don't go by the either, so now you're copying me, autismo? The only game I don't consider canon is Reach.

I found enjoyment playing Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4, and Halo 5: Guardians' campaigns and I can't wait to play Halo Infinite's campaign, you guys have autism.

all halo lore sucks and is equivalent to marvel capeshit, only niggers and autists pay attention to the story of a halo game and don’t even get me started on the books

Attached: FAC50FB9-D4E5-4B28-BC15-F8510CE2A224.png (331x6969, 193K)

>not just playing the campaigns and calling it a day

Are you serious? Have you played halo 4 or 5? They're literally 3/10 and 1/10 respectively.
Well put.

>Tell me how it was based off alien, please.
Underage fags who haven't seen Aliens need to fucking leave

The majority of the UNSC tech aesthetics was based on Aliens, from the ships to the Marine armour and assault rifles to the pelican dropships to Sergeant Johnson being a literal Apone expy

This, the terrible Halo threads always happen during Europoor hours.

Never played a halo game. All i know is that chief had an ai waifu that went nuts. Also he is considered lucky in-verse. Which i am sure some folks blow out of proption and say that he will luck his way through anything. How true is that?

go away frankie

Attached: 1A1334E7-5EC8-4892-AEAE-4C362539EA67.png (320x320, 68K)

Attached: 1524143250008.png (743x865, 1.01M)

Dunno but Cortana is hot af.

Attached: cortana cute.webm (968x824, 1.89M)