Fire Emblem Thread

FE Thread

Attached: hectorpunch.gif (480x320, 1.25M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0Rl1LGr2cK8
youtu.be/XeWvUBa4UOs
youtube.com/watch?v=sOzM4ClFG1o
youtube.com/watch?v=8GbLcdwsvus
youtube.com/watch?v=XinIZmfKhwQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

FE4 is the only good FE.

Path of Radiance is best Fire Emblem.

this shit went downhill hard after sacred stones

>53hit
>relying on a coin toss

Remember when Fire Emblem had dignity?

Attached: 1557381597060.jpg (1308x2006, 181K)

Just save state

Well, which one is it?

Attached: NEW_SAGE.gif (480x316, 741K)

I have never in my life seen a thread become shit this quick.

Attached: gaywolf.png (500x512, 321K)

>savescumming

Attached: 1349829256158.jpg (273x448, 58K)

This fucking fanbase, man

Attached: 1548980381595.jpg (409x405, 60K)

I haven't played much FE recently because I got into the habit of doing 0% growths ltc ironman ranked etc runs and I'm also really tired all the time so I can't focus 100% on the game like I'd need to.
How do I become a casual again?

Attached: their purpose is to die in my service.jpg (445x347, 38K)

Fuck you, if I'm fighting a boss with a killer weapon, I'm savescumming.

Ran into this in my randomized run, I wasn't ready.

Attached: ohgod.png (240x160, 20K)

Consider planning around that and killing them with ranged attacks, special items that block crits, high luck + supports, etc.

Take a break from FE
which games have you done?

Attached: 1RN_be_like.gif (512x448, 1.91M)

Randomized bosses with siege weaponry were a mistake

Attached: f637dd5ef1f8beab28dc0f93b4eb65f3f60b7cd0v2_hq.jpg (240x160, 17K)

You're forgetting about CIPHER!

Attached: Colors.png (1540x862, 3.25M)

I didn't know siege weapons was an option to be honest, either way, it took quite a few attempts to survive and get him, had a person sit on the mountain with a ninian's grace def boost til he ran out of ammo.

I haven't playing anything in the last couple years. I've played all of the games up to 14r, plus various challenge runs for some snes/ds/gba games.
What's the latest on the Berwick Saga translation?

As far as I know I think it's just chapters 10-15 and the gaidens? That was a few months ago though so I should check again

Turns out it's only at Chapter 8/15 but it's 80% done

I miss it, bro. I also miss the games taking themselves seriously and trying to depict war with some realism. I just started playing Awakening for the first time and it's tone is all over the place. It wants to present a serious story while at the same time being self aware and comical and it just doesn't work. I can't take anything in it seriously so I just don't care about what happens in the story or to the character. FE Heroes is literally Pretty Princess Dress Up Parade with stupid fucking costumes and silly little accessories and all the best units are women and children. (Gatcha is cancer, btw) And the new game look like a highschool dating sim where everyone has crazy eyes... Echoes was the last good FE game and that is a fucking tragedy.

POST EM

Attached: Fe favorites template.png (1339x1222, 68K)

Fuck you

Attached: table.png (1339x1222, 2.34M)

Why is 6 your favorite, even if it has all that crazy jank to it?

Don't got time to hunt for pictures and shit
>Couples: Pent & Louise
>Male: Camus
>Female: Briggid/Eyvel
>Antagonist: Medeus
>Weapon: pic related
>Game: FE12
>Lord: Leif
>Cavalier: Finn
>Knight: FE2 Lukas
>Archer: Kliff
>Bow Knight: Selfina
>Mercenary: Malice (Maris?)
>Myrmidon: Radd
>Fighter: Lot
>Brigand/Pirate: Axel (Berwick Saga)
>Pegasus Knight: Fee
>Wyvern Rider: Larentia (Berwick Saga)
>Anima: Asvel
>Dark: Canas
>Light: Michiah
>Priest: Saul
>Troubadour: Nanna
>Thief: Lifis
>Dancer: Reyson
>Manakete: FE3 Tiki
>Laguz: Mordecai
>Other: Ballistician (FE11 and Berwick Saga)

Attached: KAGA.jpg (512x325, 44K)

FE1 was actually pretty good

Who is that mysterious dancer?

Because I love all that crazy jank to it.

I admit I played it after 7, so not being able to upgrade the thief and such bugged me.

The card says "Aqua". I wonder if she's related to Azura.

Well, 6 was the one I played after attempting to play 3 as a kid. So all of the improvements stood out.

For me, it's the penelo

Attached: NotBard.png (512x448, 358K)

Attached: 1548203386092.png (1339x1222, 1.66M)

Attached: fe.png (1339x1222, 1.41M)

Did the Berwick saga translation get a new update?

It's up to chapter 8 last I saw

>not attempting low-risk, shaky hitrates when you can

Attached: 1529531179985.gif (512x448, 689K)

Why are axes so fucking good in the later Kaga games?

They stopped being enemy only/unpromotable classes so he started making them better (thats one of the reasons he added CON/Build to FE5)

Jumping from FE2 -> FE3/4 -> FE5 -> TRS/BWS is jarring where they go from Enemy only -> FE6 with few outliers -> FE7/8 -> Tellius of quality in both weapons and users

This. I love FE1 and FE2, they feel great.

youtu.be/0Rl1LGr2cK8

Attached: 1529531250958.gif (512x448, 1.06M)

As much as I dislike the whole"save the series vs lost it's dignity" argument, I hate how Its harder to just talk about FE without it being someone's joke or punchline. Like, you can only hear "lol too many swords and waifus xddd" for so long

I think someone did a 0% growths LTC of both games and FE3 Book 1 recently which is pretty cool

GBA sprites were the best and you can't change my mind.

TearRing Saga is best FE.

What's nigger up to? Did I miss a ton of Yea Forums plays FE threads?

Based and Kagapilled

Attached: Yutona Eiyuu Senki - TearRingSaga (Japan)-0046.png (960x720, 985K)

0% growths isn't much of a challenge in the famicom games since stat boosters are super massive and promotion brings you to the promoted class' stats, not to mention the general difficulty is comparable to FE11's normal mode (i.e. no difficulty at all). However it's nice to hear about people doing challenge runs.
I only wish that people would record challenge runs where they play fire emblem like it's a fire emblem game, I'm more interested in seeing a player weigh all the odds and enact a strategy with backup plans in place. Maybe it's just me but I feel like a strategy that has a 99% chance to result in the death of your army is a bad one even if there's a 1% chance of saving a turn.

I like it but it's really not, it's hard to even say that it's better than FE6. There's some fun to be had with the broken elements but the overall lack of difficulty and limited movement options bring it down. Even when doing LTC runs it's pretty simple.

I don't know about Thracia, but axes fucking suck in FE4. Just because Lex gets a Brave Axe that doesn't mean they're good, if you ignore that one, they're shit just like everything that's not a sword or wind magic.

Are there any romhacks where you play as random mooks instead of named generals

hes come back and been doing romhacks, he started a FE7 randomizer that ended horribly, he might try one of the gamecubes but dont know for sure

>I'm more interested in seeing a player weigh all the odds and enact a strategy with backup plans in place.
This so much. I wish more people embraced playing Ironman every once in a while instead of obsessively following some guide to 100% the game on normal casual or whatever so that they can share the same experience like everyone else had lol.
It's interesting how much the game changes when you do an ironman. Mekkah has ironmanned Thracia a ton and each time he's fine more and more ways to make reliable strategies and speed up chapters......Then you have Mangs "Ironmans" though their moreso for laughing at his failure and commentary with Mekkah

They're fine for fighting lance enemies since the weapon triangle is so strong in that game, and the weight is mitigated by generally low enemy speed.

Next time I see him, i'd suggest seeing him fail to plan a S-Rank FE7 run

>the most recent FE game is the last good FE game

Attached: 1379903869480.png (5000x5000, 113K)

I love FE6, is my favorite fire emblem game. I dont know why gets a lot of hate. Because it's hard? Because you miss a hit? A strategy that rely in one hit it's a bad strategy. You should always have a backup plan. The game is fun, great maps, a lot of units to use, good story (for a FE game), gaiden chapters and good music.

Attached: 1554257579927.jpg (1000x1000, 108K)

Honestly I find that even with WTD, swords still end up with better hit/avoid against lances. You don't get to many axe users anyway and of the ones you do, they're either locked to axes (Lex and Johan) don't want to use their other weapon after promoting (Johalva and bows) or prefer using swords/tomes (Leif, Lachesis)

I remember you telling me about mekkkah last year and I was super unimpressed, but if he's been improving I might have to check it out again. Happen to know his lowest turncount so far?

Mekkah doesn't ltc

They are quite improved in FE5, along with a much more forgiving system with weight and build.

But they are miserable in FE4. Lex only gets by with the Brave Axe and Paragon, I can't think of any other character in that game who I willingly have use axes. One of the two incel-brothers in gen2 usually buys the Brave Axe, but they have to spend so much gold to be as good as Lex, and Lex isn't even that good.

If I got bored playing Lyn's game is there any chance I would enjoy any other game? My main complaints were how generic and bland everything was plus how much time was wasted just moving units around the map before getting close to the enemy.

>how much time was wasted just moving units around the map before getting close to the enemy.
FE4 would be perfect for you, it has none of that!

Although it's not the best game in the series if those were your complaints it's very unlikely you'll enjoy any other FE game.

If you don't like it then you wont like any game of this genre in general since that's the TBS/SRPG genre in a nutshell. Counting squares and doing calculations.

Oh, I thought by 'speed up chapters' you meant he was reducing turncounts. Did he figure out a way to save everyone 100% of the time, e.g. making sure fred doesn't die from a random crit or something? Any other highlights?

You're allowed to like something despite objective flaws you know. I like FE6, but the support system sucks, there are a LOT of bad units with very little reason to use them, some of the sprite-work is unpolished, and Roy is a bit underdeveloped throughout the story.

But I still think it's fun, I would still recommend it to someone who liked another FE game. You don't have to take every criticism to heart.

Xander is my husband!

>Balancing is my passion
>Said by the guy who gave us Arden and the game knows he's shit

What a mad man

Fuck off you disgusting gold digger

No, honestly, Mekkah isn't very good at the games. He's just good at talking about them. He practically does have FE5 down to a science but there are people helping him with his strategies.
And watching the guy play Conquest was just embarrassing

Yeah, he gets occasional help from the chat and from what I remember
>Chapter 8 boss can be safely killed without getting him critical hit by "trading" him a scroll with a thief (using steal to give enemies an item)
>Giving the earlygame rings/sety scroll to Asvel so he has HP to offset his low defense
I know there's so much more but it's starting to get late for me, I know he's done Chapter 11 a lot and managed to save Fred tons of time from the ballistas

Echoes is literally a trash game. The fact that you thought it was good must mean your mother drank while pregnant with you.

People who play video games properly will laugh at you for wanting to watch people play video games. The only reason to not just play it yourself is if it's a novelty run of some kind that serves as proof that the 1% actually is possible.

Who are the good ltc'ers? Chiki?

My favorite moment is the fuck you dark mages in Manster Castle. The Poison + Hell combo that brings you down to 1 HP and then the poison kills you at the start of your turn.
That and the dark tomes in Berwick Saga that deal damage based on your current level or reduce EXP after combat yes you can level down from it too

Ryoma has plenty of gold though user. He doesn't need to fuck Xander to get that gold.

Attached: sleepy.jpg (1200x822, 126K)

I miss Dondon and Mekkah as a pair, learned so much from their commentary
Dondon, Palla Emblem, Irysa, Lordraven, Ruadath, Lapogne, Kebe and Reploids are the only ones I know

my personal favourite is sage promotion bonuses in FE5
kaga can't fucking balance a game to save his life

Obviously kaga sucks at balance but what you refer to isn't an issue. Fire Emblem games are not designed with the intention of making every character equally good. Instead, they are supposed to have different roles and niches and some are simply supposed to be better than others. Generally you will get an important story character that's meant to be a staple unit in your team but depending on how you like to approach maps you could have a very different composition of support units.

Not to sound gay and outdated, but I can't wait for the inevitable Genealogy of The 776 Wars remake so we can go back to somewhat more down to earth stories, designs,
top tier music, manly men and real women units. Path had the last universally likeable, varied cast. That was more than a decade ago.

>Master Knight promotion

Attached: 1555108049326.gif (500x361, 683K)

Magic in general was insane in that game. It's like the antithesis to FE10
>Fire Emblem games are not designed with the intention of making every character equally good. Instead, they are supposed to have different roles and niches and some are simply supposed to be better than others.
That was the original philosophy before he left. IntSys went the "everyone can be made good" route while Kaga went the "everyone can find a useful niche" route. Whichever one you find better depends if you're here for the RPG elements or Strategy elements

it's not like there are a lot of good tomes to go around and that silver axe might is nice to have in your back pocket.

Nah man, he CAN, he just CHOOSES not to. Sages are good in Kaga games because Kaga loves sages. Swords tend to beat all because the guy likes swords. He's the kind of guy who will design a game where like three quarters of the characters have broken-ass preference weapons that they all get through obscure-ass events because he loves the idea of players finding one or two of them blind. The man doesn't design his games to be balanced, he designs them such that players will have unique stories to tell after they finish. Pic related.

Attached: Piece of Shit.jpg (200x300, 12K)

Does finding a Pursuit Ring count as Arden's niche?

I play video games but I would like to see other people play Fire Emblem. Especially for games like this, I can't play without really concentrating so there are times where watching someone else play is better than nothing. Although I've played a lot of Fire Emblem and come up with lots of my own tactics it could be interesting to see other people approach the same problems with different solutions. Unfortunately the only FE videos are (1) super LTC 1% novelty runs and (2) super casual HEY GUYS WHATS UP playthroughs. There's not many examples of someone like me playing FE so I can't learn much from watching FE videos

And that's literally a good thing, it's the entire reason the crit system is in the games, to create unavoidable risk. FE should never be perfectly balanced.

Tomes can target resistance which enemies have in single digits and hit both 1-2 range which is good for a game as enemy phased as FE4. You don't have to carry like hundreds of tomes but all Leif/Lachesis want is like Wind or Tornado and they'll be fine.
Usually I give them the Brave Axe than the Silver Axe since I never use the axe brothers and x2 strikes (x4 with pursuit) is pretty good

That's not true at all, in post-kaga FE games you often get prominent story characters with stats to match (e.g. super-xander because he's your fucking oniichan) and in kaga's trs you have plenty of characters that failed to find a niche.

>planting asvel on a forest and watching him 1t cavaliers on that escape chapter
the stupidest fucking shit ever
>he's just pretending to be retarded
i don't know man, when over 50% of your games are unbalanced pieces of shit, something's wrong
I'm not even faulting him for stuff like lara's dancer promotion(what the fuck?) but unit and weapon balance are nonsensical in his games
not that I mind, it's fun breaking the game in half

I'm sorry if it came across like I thought it was a bad thing. I love the way Kaga designs games. The filename on that pic is actually kind of a love letter to Tear Ring Saga because Zieg's story is one of the most memorable things I've ever seen in a video game.

I think his niche was supposed to be keeping fuck you reinforcements from popping up next to your castle and ending your game long enough for the main army to get back. It just doesn't really work because they hardly ever do that. Level 1 tries to scare you into accounting for the possibility, but it never happens in such a threatening way again and everyone just repositions before triggering the obvious events anyway.

>The man doesn't design his games to be balanced, he designs them such that players will have unique stories to tell after they finish.
That's actually why he made permadeath a thing and wanted people to be okay with continuing with their mistakes. Too bad Nintendo told Intsys to cut that out in FE12 since people are terrified of the idea of permadeath and learning from your mistakes (doesn't help that the games are designed in the perfect run aspect and you don't get replacement units/promoted units mid to lategame as much anymore)

Castle defense is clearly a mechanic that someone thought would be really cool, but then the dev team largely forgot about it.

I wish the guarding castles (both home and captured) was more common since they don't really do anything with the ones you capture. You get the scares in Ch1 and Ch2 and those are easily resolved (Eldigan helps you in Ch1 and Lewyn can just be warped home to talk to Erinys).

His purpose is defending your castle. No, you ultimately don't need anyone to fill that role, but when you don't have foreknowledge of all the maps you feel more safe and secure to go journey across the map when you have good old arden holding the fort at home.

Attached: why can't i hold all these castles.jpg (448x600, 221K)

I certainly hope you people have never complained about how unbalanced any post Kaga game is.

Can't wait for 3H so I can make everyone fist using white magic users. Monks in FFTA were cool

Attached: Miss.png (490x705, 447K)

You're going to ahve to explain this one to me

FE5 sprite is kino

>sleep 100 hit
>miss
How the fuck

>Enemy unit in FE4 with Pavise
>Proc rate is absurd
>Recruit Hannibal
>Pavise doesn't activate very often

Fuck you too, Kaga.

Attached: 1556944958431.png (212x218, 53K)

You guys will be buying this madman's new game when it comes out translated on steam, right?

Attached: kaga raughs sliver.png (400x534, 170K)

When is it coming out?

>Skeleton: Animation doesn't mesh well when the attack involves thrown weapons
>Glowing: Very very rare (as in you'll never encounter this in a run unless you're actively hunting for the correct RN string) but with the correct RN string, you can make 100 hit miss (faulty programming on ISIS part)
>Expand: Kaga jank as usual, He decided all staves (except torch for some reason) should be able to miss
>Galaxy: Apparently reclassing in 3H has a success rate on top of using a resource which people deemed is some kaga tier shit

The way it was explained to me was like this: The random number line in the GBA games consists of numbers 0-99. Hits are calculated by comparing the generated numbers (average of 2 numbers for most combat, just 1 for status staves) to the hit number. If the number is lower than hit, the attack connects, but if it is the same or higher, it misses. FE7 has a bug where there are exceedingly rare (much moreso that 1/101) 100s on its random number line. So rare in fact that it's literally impossible for this to happen in regular combat, because across the entire number line there isn't a single point at which there are two 100s in a row. However, since staves only use one number in their calculation, it is possible, though still really unlikely.

Yes. I hope it is slightly less complicated than Berwyck Saga, but I'll still try it either way.

Is part 1 already out? I wanted to experience this fuckfest for a while

Attached: what.png (1254x1900, 3.33M)

Staves can miss in 776.

I think it was supposed to come out this summer, so probably soon.
It has a demo out on steam, it's been out in Japanese for a while.

While 4 is the best, there are plenty of other good ones, user. 1/3, 7, 8, 9.

what is this clusterfuck

Oh thanks, I was mostly confused about the last one because I saw kaga there.
I'm pretty sure torch has the same accuracy formula as other staves though that's just based on personal experience.

I think it's like Pokemon RBY where the game checks if a random number is less than 255 if the attack has 100% accuracy instead of checking if it is less than or equal to 255, so there's a 0.4% chance to miss. Except FE6 has 2RN so it's absurdly unlikely to come up.

Just average Kaga FE

>(doesn't help that the games are designed in the perfect run aspect and you don't get replacement units/promoted units mid to lategame as much anymore)
Which is a shame because I'm really interested in the game design behind punishing bad moves with permanent strategic penalties that make players feel a real sense of loss and seriously consider consequences without turning the game into a strike counter of mistakes until it becomes unwinnable. Most FE games just do this by making the lord an unstoppable badass, but I think fewer people would feel the need to savescum if they knew that it's almost impossible to put the game into an unwinnable state.

>when you have good old arden holding the fort at home.
*Sigurd holding a return ring

On today's episode of "Kaga what the fuck" he experiments with puzzle elements

Attached: redtexthurtsmydamneyes.png (629x559, 806K)

Based punchbro

Attached: b2f.jpg (680x447, 26K)

Don't want to sound like a "back in my days" kind of guy but todays gaming climate isn't really interested in things like that. They like the IDEAL of that but the end result is usually either
>finding a guide
>savescumming
>not playing the game in fear of an unwinnable state
And while you're right that it's impossible to put the game into an unwinnable state, you'd be hardpressed to find how many people still believe the game can become "impossible" if a unit dies or doesn't get one good level up

Correct, but the bug was fe6

Very poor game design such as same turn reinforcements and awful hit rates for everything. Bunch of shit units you have no reason to use too, and too much bullshit for the real ending.

Can't wait for it, either. I just hope they don't fuck it up.

>Can't wait for them to fuck it up
FTFY

Just play the game and concentrate. Unless you have some mental problems you'll be fine, and if you do have problems take pills.

I used to think the same as you about the same-turn reinforcements, but I'm currently replaying the game on hard mode (just to say I did it), and I'm noticing that if you just get off your ass and move, they are almost never the issue. The game still has issues, mind you, like how trying to recruit all the characters in chapter 7 basically forces you into a position where you need to land like 18 60-hit attacks in a row without missing a single time, but the same-turn reinforcements don't actually bother me anymore.

Jesus Christ

I'm still mad at echidna's map where three brigands popped up in the middle of the map and OHKOd lalum and clarine.

Of course if you already know they're going to spawn from replays they won't bother you, but it's fucking ass to go blind the first time and having to reset because random enemy spawns and kills your unit you had left outside danger range.

In my defence, I did say ALMOST never the problem.

Please, user. I don't want to think about it. I mean I suppose I have the project narga patch. But I'd love to see a remastered version.

I dont mind same turn reinforcements when they told you that it will happen. (90%)
and what this user post.

Doesn't work like that. Pills aren't as magical as you think.

I don't want to as well but I know they will and i'm patiently awaiting its fate.

>it's impossible to put the game into an unwinnable state
It's not impossible, just very difficult to do (outside of the fuck you difficulty levels anyway). I actually managed to make 14 unwinnable during a lord only run because Celica's STR didn't grow enough to 1-turn Gargoyles and she wound up in an endless loop of being surrounded and unable to move because summoning is bullshit. 6 is the only game I can see it happening in a normal playthrough though, maybe 10 if you give the good units to Ike without knowing you can't get them back.

Do fire emblem fans actually like fire emblem? It's comical how much i've seen them shit on themselves and the game in the few months i've joined the fanbase (I don't touch the smash side)

Attached: 1557436114667.jpg (258x254, 38K)

Yes, but we like arguing more. Like all games.

This particular thread is actually really nice because that one guy who can't shut up for two seconds about how shit every game in the series except for 6, 12, and 14C is is either asleep, away, or dead.

Lurk moar

I think if you run out of door keys and lose Tina and Saphy you can lose in Fire Emblem 5.

6 and 14C are good.
12 is shit though, created more problems than it fixed.

Like you said, it's difficult to do. You'd have to deliberately kill off everyone on purpose which is surprisingly hard to do with the good characters in FE6. The example you used for Echoes is on your part because it was a challenge run which you initiated (the summons is still stupid shit though since they're numerous but weak). The FE10 example doesn't work considering Michiah's army gives you Naesala, Naliah, and Tauraneo as failsafes and Tibarn's army has well... Tibarn whose borderline invincible except to the rare crossbow unit (who can easily be OHKOd or dealt with another unit)

I'm not trying to oppose or argue you, just want to clarify for anyone else reading that it's really REALLY hard to make FE unwinnable. As much as people shit on ISIS even they're wise enough to give failsafes for even the most dumbest of fuckups like what happened with Yea Forums plays FE10 years ago

They all have their upsides and downsides, their quality isn't what I'm talking about. This guy responds to nearly every post in nearly every FE thread while somehow failing to ever once offer an actual argument.

Hate to bring Smash into this comfy thread but I figured it was only relevant due to Hector being in the OP

Attached: Hector Moveset.png (2000x3000, 2.03M)

slut

is heroes allowed in here

My point was it's a remake of a 20 year old NES game and FE hasn't been good in years.
No it wasn't. It has the best presentation of any FE game to date and 'lolmapdesign' is a retarded meme. There's literally nothing wrong with simple map design and basic/fundamental gameplay. Simple doesn't automatically equal bad. SoV's biggest problems are the pacing and character progression 2/3rds of the way in up until the ending, class balance (Like every FE) and the lack of difficulty. Faye is also a shit addition to the roster and a terrible character. Other than that the game is fine/good.

The thing is, people are pretty opinionated on which games are good and which ones aren't because all the games do different things well and appeal to people that like the aspects that are focused on. Some people care more for Story and characters, some more for challenging and memorable maps, some for an abundance of content, some for replayability, etc...

On one hand, Hector is popular in FEH and FEH makes a lot of money. On the other hand, Nintendo determines who in FE to put in Smash based on recent games (or in Chrom's case, he was literally cheap and easy to add since he's a clone or whatever they call them now). Hector would've been more popular to add in brawl but now he'd just draw shrugs had he not been popular in Heroes

No, this is swordmaster territory

Attached: Ira_Figurine.jpg (500x560, 55K)

Finally getting around to playing all of the FE games. Playing Fire Emblem GBA right now and mother of god Hector is a madman.

You forgot to mention Conrad on the list of terrible additions, but other than that I agree completely.

STEP ASIDE

Attached: 1554002211213.png (378x636, 6K)

Does she even have room for a stomach in there? How does she walk?

She's got an hourglass figure, not a minuteglass figure.

Not really, he gets reigned in a lot by Oswin story-wise.

>Playing FE6 late one night
>Training Gonzalez by placing him on mountain tile with killer axe
>Getting unlucky with crits
>Finally crit
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpeg
Scared the fuck out of me, it's surreal how diifferent their crit is compared to the usual spinning or twirling everyone else has

Attached: shook.jpg (480x320, 20K)

step aside twig, these legs are better

Attached: thicc.png (855x1790, 1.17M)

>DAAAAAAAAMN, Thomas looks like THAT?

Just a random thought but I've come to realize that people don't truly care about things like "gameplay" or "level design". It doesn't matter what obstacles are on a map, the same feeling of satisfaction is achieved when you win. In fact, people prefer fire emblem games that don't impede the player's progress with things like strategy because they get the same reward for less effort. By the way, every game could be easily removed by renaming normal mode as "hard mode" because people would get the satisfaction of beating hard mode for less effort.

Untrue, the games become boring when it becomes a pure steamroll. There needs to be some risk of losing units to have satisfaction when you win.

The FE fanbase is a very mixed demographic because the series really soul'd out (Get it? Cause... Nevermind.) around Awakening. It panders hard to waifufags, weebs, and the lowest common denominator now, when it used to be a pretty niche, but serious and dignified IP. Some people love the new Zombie-Whore of a series and others miss the classic soulful series of games.

You're probably right. FE5 is unique in that it uses capture mechanics instead of drops, so it's possible to start a level without any way of beating it if you don't have enough BLD on your surviving units or the right items stocked. The tired mechanic and lack of indoor horses makes that situation somewhat more likely as well.

we can go deeper

Attached: thiccer.png (355x902, 251K)

youtu.be/XeWvUBa4UOs

Every map with doors has enemies with door keys to steal or capture. If you somehow have no one to steal or capture items from them, they'll use the keys after a while. Yes, even on the final chapter aka the chapter people "fear" becomes unwinnable without keys

>It doesn't matter what obstacles are on a map, the same feeling of satisfaction is achieved when you win
Speak for yourself, what I felt when playing shit like FE8 or 13 was nothing but boredom and finishing CQ ch10 alone was way better.

Awakening was supposed to be FE's swan song but they struck gold. As much as pandering sucks, I can understand why they'd keep going in that direction for better or worse.

Reminds me
youtube.com/watch?v=sOzM4ClFG1o

>they'll use the keys after a while
Interesting. Doesn't really make sense from a story perspective, but it's nice that they accounted for potential party variations to that level.

I'm playing Fates for the first time. I've never seen a protag quite as retarded as Corrin.

As much as the fanbase shits on Kaga and ISIS on their stupidity in gameplay balance they still account for people fucking up tremendously.

As much as it's become a meme to shit talk Kaga Emblem, the guy intends for his games to be completed. Another interesting thing about 776 is that while staves can miss, that stops when their user hits 10 skill. Also, people almost never mention the fact that the game has a dedicated consumable item that restores a unit's fatigue back to 0, just in case you decide you DESPERATELY NEED someone for this next map.

Oh boy, you're in for some retardation. Just pretend the game was made as a comedy, it makes it much more enjoyable.

Which route?

She's such a fucking bootlicker, it's incredible. I'm pretty sure her kidnapper father could kill her best friend right in front of her and she'd still try to look good for him.

Conquest

Just hoping for a good avatar this time around. Robin is meh with Kris and Corrin being mediocre.

Attached: 4e316fc6b933de700162f70430d83658.jpg (500x707, 118K)

>Try FE7 out after finishing 8 as my intro to the series
>Lyn skips HP and str for 7 levels
ok, which one should I play instead?

>surely this time father won't betray me!

Corrin, did I ever tell you about the dragon Anankos? Anankos was one of the First Dragons, and a close ally to the people of Valla. After killing my father, slaughtering the kingdom, and starting an army of invisible people and corpses, Anankos tore his soul in two, and proceeded to seduce your mother in his human form, making him your dad. After that, our mothers ran away with the two of us, but split up for some reason after leaving Valla, which is why you lived in Hoshido before being kidnapped by King Garon, who was actually a dead body possessed by Anankos the whole time. He also possessed your most faithful servant and mentor and had him try to kill you, which also resulted in the death of one of our dear companions. He was a good friend.

Attached: fe azura.jpg (634x671, 75K)

FE7, but bench Lyn's ass permanently

Don't worry, Lyn can be benched later on. Don't worry about the forced deployment in the final stage, you can easily put her in a safe spot.

Its funny going from conquest to birthright where Corrin wants to save EVERYONE and cries a lot to wanting to kill ANYONE in their path

Just forget Lyn exists once you finish her route

>Corrin kill the prisoners
>"no!"
>k then i'll get this friend of yours to kill you
>Corrin go do this quest alone oh look at that you didn't do it alone off comes the head hurry up
>"no"

Seriously, i feel like the guy would try to get someone killed over being given a drink with 2 ice cubes instead of three

Kris and Corrin are both awful. Robin was fine except when he became a mary sue at the end.

What was his deal anyway? All I could grasp from what Fates could call a story was that he was mad and told awakening trio to kill him

oh thank christ, I thought she'd be the permanent lord

>at the end

Attached: marth_think.png (203x254, 80K)

As dragons age they slowly go completely insane, this was established in Gaiden with Duma and Mila.

Speaking of Gaiden, Rudolph did NOTHING wrong

Attached: fe rudolf.png (874x764, 698K)

>people almost never mention the fact that the game has a dedicated consumable item that restores a unit's fatigue back to 0
Because you never ever need to use it except for recruiting purposes because the specifics of its implementation run counter to its intended purpose.

>"Joshua is good guys!"
>get 15 levels of horrific growths

nah that's fine i didn't want to use him anyways

Robin issues come from the start as soon as he wakes up. He is okay in the mid game, otherwise eh. His/her supports are also not good most of the time.

Any unit has the capacity to be shit because of RNG, just like any unit has the possibility to be good. Except the Dawn Brigade.

>Couple: Corrin and Mozu
>Male: Canas
>Female: Lute
>Antagonist: Arvis
>Weapon: Nosferatu for gameplay, FE4 Aura for looks
>Game: Sacred Stones
>Lord: Lyn
>Cavalier: Eldigan
>Knight: Effie
>Archer: Setsuna
>Bow Knight: Rath
>Mercenary: Dieck
>Myrmidon: Marisa
>Fighter: Arthur
>Pirate/Brigand: Gonzales
>Pegasus: Thea
>Wyvern: Cormag
>Anima: Nino
>Dark: Knoll
>Light: Deirdre
>Cleric: Serra
>Troubadour: L'arachel
>Thief: Cath
>Dancer: Azura
>Manakete: Tiki
>Laguz: Lethe
>Other: Lachesis

many units are great based on their starting stats alone

his problem isn't his growths its being locked to swords and having high speed. Those aren't useful this game because the former is weak and has no options for 1-2 range outside very rare lategame items and the latter is useless since enemies are already slow outside the occasional promoted unit which don't come out in full force until you have 6 more chapters left in the game.
It doesn't take much work to get fast either since you can get two speedwings on Eirika's route and Axe users get Garm which gives +5 speed

At least he has a great design and one of the best boss conversations in the entire series.
youtube.com/watch?v=8GbLcdwsvus

Attached: fe joshua.png (632x1079, 830K)

he should've told berkut his true plan and purpose instead of just telling him to fuck off, then again berkut would probably get pissed off at that too

I don't even remember him interacting with him outside of that one scene where he tells him basically fuck all and berkut goes UNCLE and LIES!!!1 or whatever. I barely even remember that's his nephew and not just some other royal/noble

Unless you're Seth, then you can do whatever you want.

>punch
Berkut's problem is that he had super high expectations of himself that slowly corrupted him

He knew Berkut was a autistic sperg and would've immediately tried killing him to get the throne. Christ just listen to this fucking sperg.
youtube.com/watch?v=XinIZmfKhwQ

Berkut's voice actor gives Adam Howden a run for his money with who can scream better.

what the FUCK was his problem? superiority complex?

Yeah and he also lived his whole life thinking he was going to get the throne next then some fucking peasant comes along and is apparently Rudolph's real son and he just fucking takes the throne.

Fernand was a bitch ass nigga too.

Wasn't Fernand the guy who hated peasants because they killed his family? did they ever show that ingame or is it just a backstory thing?

why does this consume an axe use? he's not even using it here

He hit the ground with it

I just played through FE4 again and you can get through fine just sticking to the weapon triangle most of the time and not getting carried away with legendary roflsticks. Getting autistic about staff efficiency isn't really necessary. A lot of threats show up 3 screens away so you don't really need to be a positioning mastermind. Though that being said the current combat style does feel gimmicky, I would have liked to see another attempt at a more broad scale game. A better execution of the idea would be interesting.

so any of you even excited about Three Houses? i haven't kept tabs on gameplay changes if they've presented any

the ground is softer than a dude in armor though

It's always weird for me when people say this because my first Lyn got pretty good STR and one of my best damage dealers in the endgame thanks to special weapons and SPD while my Eliwood was complete shit and couldn't even use Durandal without getting double countered so my impression of them has always been the opposite.

Fortunately you can just drop both of them in Hector's story, if you want

Which I always do if I'm not going for Geitz thank God

DLC only goy

About to play Sacred Stones for the first time. Should I play on Normal or Hard? I've heard FE8 is notoriously easy but I just finished playing Binding Blade so I can live with playing something easier as a break, but if Normal is so easy it's boring I may play on Hard instead.

It's easy due to having an infinite supply of trash to farm XP off of, so let that be the deciding factor for you

No, even if you ignore all that FE8 "hard mode" is very easy.

It's hard mode is easier than FE6 normal mode even without grinding

The game is piss easy even on hard mode, at worst someone may die in a fog of war map if you're not careful but that's about it.

Attached: 1505351010946.jpg (650x1011, 474K)

What are the chances of an indie creator making a Fire Emblem type game that brings back the GBA style spritework?

Attached: 1510275271240.jpg (869x1233, 737K)

Attached: FireEmblem Chart.png (1332x1205, 1.95M)

Attached: 1536640125774.jpg (1240x1754, 470K)

Attached: 1548644750388.jpg (1518x2150, 423K)

I want to get into this series, where do I start?

I honestly couldn't tell the difference between them. There are only like two or three difficult maps anyway and only if you play Ephraim's route. Just make sure you have your lords A support each other.

Whats the name of the game?

hector could literally be an Ike clone with Simon's axe throw on neutral B

Hard, there are no downsides of playing hard mode

Attached: bfa817b7b4ffef2c085f2df8377616578e70a0edr1-480-320_hq.gif (480x320, 407K)

FE7 or Fates : Birthright

the same chance as you getting to eat lyns ass

>autistically role-based Fire Emblem

You have my attention.