Detroit: Become Kino

Has Cage finally done it? Did he achieve true kino? I'm really surprised by how much I enjoyed it, I expected it to be a fucking joke like Beyond was.

Also has there ever been another game like this that actually had different endings depending on your choices? It completely shat over fake choice faggotry like Telltale shit, holy fuck.

Attached: Detroit_ Become Human™_20180629191520.jpg (3840x2160, 1.97M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_dg2C1nndgU
youtube.com/watch?v=h2809YM1PKw&ab_channel=GalarBlade
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Did he achieve true kino?
Yes.

Attached: 1527695095579.png (1171x825, 481K)

It was fucking shit and the definition of a movie-game

The fact that Kara's story doesn't matter and has a terrible twist brings it down. Personally, I don't care for Markus's stuff either, but Conner's sequences are legitimately fantastic.

>and the definition of a movie-game
No shit Sherlock. Do you even know what the word kino means?

I actually like that Kara's story doesn't matter because you can kill her off really early, making the story about the actual conflict. Her sections always interrupt the flow of the story.

You're not wrong, but I would've preferred her entire section not exist and make way for more buddy cop stuff. The game is at its best when Conner and Hank are together in a scene, partially because they're the two actors that didn't give a fuck about Cage's direction and improved on his writing.

Attached: Cage Hates It.gif (161x90, 67K)

It's the culmination of all his previous work. People like to shit on David Cage, but his "movie games" are pretty fun to play and offer a good deal of choice based around your characters. Even his worst work like Beyond Two Souls can be fun because of how campy and cringe it is. He's managed to create stories that are both kino and fun to laugh at. A true schlock artist

I'm really excited to see what he does next

Attached: IMG_2443.jpg (455x495, 66K)

>hating on best girl Kara
I can't believe you, anons..

dont care about those games but i love that cage skit on vgas

Her competition is North, Aunt Jemima, and Child.exe. These are not high standards to top.

>but I would've preferred her entire section not exist and make way for more buddy cop stuff
Literally everyone thinks that. Cage would make easy fucking money if he made a sequel featuring only them, but I guess he hates money.

I can only enjoy Beyond when watching other people play. I could never play it myself. It's just hilarious to see other people's reaction to the bullshit the game tries to offer.
>A true schlock artist
That's a great description.

Sorry user, but she is really, really bland.

It was only good because the best two characters in the game were played by good actors that went against what Cage wanted, so no, Cage didn't do it, Clancy and the Twink did it.

What about Chloe and the Tracis?

Attached: 1551346173438.gif (540x300, 2.99M)

Was a decent game except that the second half made no fucking sense and the writing was unbelievably hamfisted. We get it. He's android Jesus. And androids are black people. Okay. Enough. We get it.

Way better than his other crap though. Heavy Rain was such a fucking mess of a narrative.

I don't really understand how the aesthetics of so many scenes can be spot on and yet the writing be so pants-on-head retarded with plotholes that a toddler could point out.

>forgot best girl
Smh

Attached: 2be9a54445906e2fbe05eb3bf6d46583.jpg (824x928, 84K)

the first level was actually pure kino but it was shit after that. it peaked in the first 10 min

Will Cage become autistically obsessed with Brian Dechart like he did with Ellen Page? I hope so, because he's actually pretty talented and driven. Can someone post that little chart he made for acting Connor's routes?

Attached: IMG_1110.gif (491x337, 92K)

Sorry, anons, you've given me a picture of white bread with Siri functionality. This is not a character. Also, fuck the Tracis. Conner icing them for attacking Hank is appropriate.

>Sorry user, but she is really, really bland.
Oh well. More Kara for me.

>Bryan Dechart
His streams are also top comfy.

Replayed it the other day and it was even more enjoyable than I remembered.

I gotchu senpai

Also no, Cage is probably in the closet. He definitely has something for brown haired twinks though. Literally every game has one.

Attached: chart.jpg (2048x1536, 799K)

>Netflix still hasn't given Connor and Hank their own cyberpunk detective spinoff

Failure Markus is far more kino exactly because of this. Intentionally fucking up everything he does and getting him banished from Jericho is so much better than going full black Mary Stu mode.

Chloe has more character than literally every other female character in the entire game, what are you even talking about?

I dunno. The amount of Shit that David Cage went into with Beyond Two Souls and Ellen Page was Dan Schneider tier. He seems to have a thing for short haired brown women's getting into dangerous situations with violent men. It's in almost every game he makes

Attached: IMG_4357.jpg (594x396, 51K)

Where the hell did Cage even fucking find this guy? He is (was?) the definition of a literally-who. I looked him up cause I thought his performance was really good and I was almost shocked to find out that he was an obscure ass indie film actor. Props to him, he nailed Connor's robo autism.

when is this shit coming to epic games launcher i dont own a ps4 pls i want to experience comfykino
youtu.be/_dg2C1nndgU

Where do you guys watch this game?

Yeah he 100% has a pixie cut girl ryona fetish. But maybe the short haired girls are just the manifestation of his closeted homosexuality, who knows

Well he is French

>"You've become a deviant"
>"Just as keikaku"
>"Now we'll control your brain and make you shoot Markus, who we somehow knew we would want to assassinate"
>"Oh no! By walking a couple dozen feet and finding the button that gives you back control our masterplan is foiled!"
>"Also who the fuck are we supposed to be to become with? None of the possibilities make any sense."

Attached: Thinking_Face_Emoji_grande.png (600x600, 143K)

The Best Friends did two pretty good playthroughs with an entertaining level of incompetency and Cage knowledge

Attached: Too Many Dead Connors.png (388x290, 165K)

Yeah this is the only game I've ever played that marketed itself on "your choices matter!" where they actually mattered, and it had the flowcharts to prove it. It blows Telltale shit and those god awful Life is Strange games out of the water.

I fucking loved that detail
I also found out that Hank taking the coin from Connor wasn't in the script and they added that thing with Hank trying to do coin tricks when he's friends with Connor much later cause people liked Clancy's improv so much

Hank is so fucking moe, what the fuck
>that scene at the food truck when he gets flustered when Connor asks him why he didn't want him to case Kara over the highway
I never found a 50 year old alcoholic man cute before but fuck

Attached: 1535820319377.gif (500x272, 2.84M)

Clancy Brown was fucking amazing in DBH.

I'm preferring supergreatfriend's stream he's currently doing it.

I haven't finished it but I would like the idea of Connor either never breaking his programming or choosing even when doing so to stay the course because he goes full Lawfag.

The whole "becoming a deviant was our master keikaku the whole time!" only gets revealed when Markus is dead and Connor is forced to become the deviant leader.
The way I see it that Connor becoming a deviant and infiltrating the revolution is their plan A (since that would make them gain direct control of the deviants), killing Markus is just their plan B (either by regaining control of deviant Connor or by Connor just staying a machine), which is less desirable but still good.

The whole "emergency exit" shit is definitely weird though, you could argue that Kamski designed everything there and they never bothered changing it or didn't understand what that thing/piece of code even was.

>Clancy Brown is fucking great in EVERYTHING*

Fixed

I just want him to give me a hug

He probably would, the guy is a teddy bear irl

based

>spoiler
God same.
I don't know if I want him to be my dad or my daddy, though.

And pat me on the back and tell me everything is gonna go great in a gruff but caring tone of voice. ;_;

In contrast to the other two, Connor can stay a machine. Hank doesn't like that, though.
I think it's one of the reasons why his story is the best, there is an actual choice with the whole deviancy thing while the other two are pretty much forced/railroaded into it.

Hank seemed almost like an entirely different character by the looks of his concept are. Hank's charming character is all just thanks to Clancy. Cage even said that meeting him directly influenced the way he wrote Hank.

Attached: Sumo_Gallery_DBH.png (1079x736, 425K)

I want to pet Sumo

I was so happy that you had the option to do that. Every dog in video games should be pettable.

Attached: pet.webm (1280x720, 2.89M)

I want to pet Hank.

I want to pet Kara.

What does it say that this dog being okay with Conner petting him is a more compelling display of equality than all of Kara and Markus's shit put together?

I wish MatPat and Steph had finished playing Detroit: Become Human on GTLive.

Attached: 167527B4-70CF-4832-9DB5-58F219436890.jpg (578x712, 81K)

Actually it's hilarious because if you consider the whole Alice being an android twist thing, Kara is LITERALLY racist.
>she thinks Alice is worth less as an android so she chooses to delude herself into thinking that Alice is human
What the fuck?
And Markus has the whole thing going on with "I WAS A SLAVE JUST LIKE YOU" when Carl treated him like his son (better than his own, actual son even).

Honestly Connor's story is the only one that doesn't fall apart if you give it more though, but the other two absolutely do.

>when is this shit coming to epic games launcher
All they said was "end of the year".

plz stop posting my cousin on 4chins :(

>kino
If you use this word to praise a video game, I sincerely hope that within the next day or two, someone hits you over the head with a hammer, cuts off your balls, shoves them into your mouth, rides you to your mother's house while you're sobbering like a simpering castrated turd you are, and forces you to watch as your mother is killed in her sleep. You are everything wrong with video games. You cry about walking and talking simulators but then use the word kino like some double-standard pushing faggot who loves getting double penetrated by Bane cosplayers on the regular.

You are plague upon video games, and should swiftly kill yourself to prevent your taint from further poisoning the well.

Attached: 1450863613143.gif (320x179, 948K)

Attached: 1543709369165.png (2722x1624, 2.03M)

Sorry user. I just wish GTLive had finished their Detroit playthrough.

Attached: 27BF18AB-5177-42B5-A48F-10D20717C9C8.jpg (1110x1902, 265K)

>being THIS fucking mad over a word you don't even seem to understand
Holy shit dude.
Please explain how calling a LITERAL movie game that tries really hard to explicitly replicate cinematographic elements to be more movie-like "kino" is wrong.

Pro tip: "Kino" is German literally means cinema, and describing something as kino is saying that something was so remarkeable that it could be straight from a movie.

Attached: 1554945913315.gif (240x266, 258K)

You alright user?

Attached: Don't Worry.jpg (1608x1584, 485K)

David Cage should never be allowed to do female protagonists. He just can't help himself and it's the same terrible shit every time.

Connor and Hank really carry the game.

Fuck off, you zoomers used this word countless times when talking about other non movie games. Like RDR 2, for instance. Nice try faggot

Keep backpaddling, it won't make you any less assblasted. I'm German myself and I've probably been using the word before you were born.

Also
>other fags misused the word before, that means everyone who uses the word is a fag
You're really stupid.

Calling a literal "cinematic experience" that even entirely advertises itself as such "kino" is 100% correct and you're just being an assblasted retard.

user, people say it because it's a fucking meme, that's all.

>Do you even know what the word kino means?
I never have

I don't know why he keeps trying honestly. The "autistic detective" roles he writes are always by far the best (Norman "Nahman" Jayden in HR and of course Connor in DBH), he should just stick to that. But no, he keeps inserting his stupid short hair girl abuse fetish in his games.

See

You're German and have been using it to describe interactive entertainment, a medium also known as video G A M E S for longer than I have? Well, you have certainly been retarded longer than I have then. Congratulations on this historic achievement you Merkel worshiping Kraut.

Attached: 1556437317939.gif (197x200, 2.25M)

Guys, I just played Dance Dance Revolution and it was total PROSE. I mean the level or PROSE I get when I shuffle to the beat is just OFF THE CHARTS.

So prose, much prose.

Attached: 1557455100435.png (708x835, 1.19M)

Because Connor is a genuinely interesting character and he doesn't need to become deviant in order for that to be the case.

Jayden wasn't autistic, he was just a drug addict and it was fucking with his ability to function in normal society.

Huh. I always avoided using the word since I never knew what it meant.
Finding out what it means is kind of anticlimactic

Detroit is definitely Quantic Dream's best game but it's still not all that great.

The only good movie game isn't even a Quantic Dream game. Imagine being David Cage, spending 15 whole years attempting to make a good QTE game only to be outdone by a brand new literally who shovelware developer.

Attached: 43e52a1f05a922ef52c495b5ac513e53[1].jpg (640x797, 87K)

Nah his best characters are the "hardass with a heart of gold" like Hank and Scott (before you find out who Scott is)

I don't even know what you're trying to say anymore. I never said I only used it for games, retard. I'm still saying that calling a literal MOVIE game "kino" is one of the most legit ways to use that word. You can literally use "kino" for everything if you want to describe something spectacular. If your neighbor broke up with his gf and she threw all his clothes on the street, than you can call that kino.

You just keep proving how retarded you are by making incredibly retarded assumptions that have absolutely nothing to do with the originial argument and using ad hominem, though.

But please, stay mad over a literal meme word you literal baby, it won't make it go away.

This is the only role of Clancy's I can think of where I've heard him say "fuck".

GTLive’s Until Dawn livestreams were fantastic. Their Life is Strange streams were excellent too.

Attached: 12B6D394-F4F3-494F-90EF-C3C8F9E86001.jpg (580x752, 149K)

youtube.com/watch?v=h2809YM1PKw&ab_channel=GalarBlade
But what about all these times?

>saw this shown at an E3 one year but looked like boring Heavy Rain type shit so I had no interest
>downloaded it when they were giving it away free on PSN because I was bored and had nothing else to play
>ended up loving every minute of it

It was like an interactive version of every cheesy Scream/I Know What You Did Last Summer/Urban Legend movie that came out when I was in high school. It was great.

When the FUCK is it coming to PC already??????????

>heard they were coming out with a new horror game like Until Dawn
>found out yesterday that it's going to be episodic

Fuck everything.

It's also just that Markus story makes no fucking sense if you think about it. The whole Jericho nonsense, the fact that he comes up with dangerous plans and everyone following him without question, the fact that no one questions his magical Robo-Jesus abilities, the whole romance with North shit.. it makes so little sense. The only part about his story that made sense is him being an early predecessor of Connor's model. A detail many people miss, I feel. It's pretty important though cause it explains why Markus can do all that shit like hacking objects and converting androids so easily, but somehow no fucking android ever asks him "hey how come you can do all this fancy shit?"

Either way, Connor is definitely just more interesting because of the way his story progresses. I really like how the deviant route becomes much more meaningful when you know the machine route (and vice versa). It really gives each ending far more depth if you know how different things could really be.

I wouldn't say it's like Scream, because Scream was intentionally tongue in cheek and Wes Craven made it to try and point out how stale, formulaic, and shitty the slasher genre had gotten over the years. Until Dawn is more of a celebration of horror movies.

>kara's part is complete dogshit, only dragged down further by the reveal of alice
>markus is only good for the meme painting scene and a potential conflict with connor
>connor's part is excellent in its performance and interaction with hank
>connor's actor revealed that a large portion of the fan favorite lines they did were adlibbed, and cage got upset at them for it
what did david mean by this?

>he didn't see Shawshank Redemption
user...

I just seriously don't know how can anyone finish the game and say "wow it was a good story"
Its only good for shits and giggles if you have a friend over

I was only 8 years old when it came out and I never got around to seeing it.

Holy dogshit. He played Hadley. I never put 2 and 2 together until now. Jesus fucking Christ.

>Also has there ever been another game like this that actually had different endings depending on your choices
most visual novels for one

Attached: 1522348469986.png (300x300, 161K)

It's not a good story, it just has good character interactions. Well, good interactions involving Hank and Connor anyway.

>visual novel
>game
Dumb anime poster.

It was pretty good, but I didn't like how there are pretty much no different endings. It's just a checklist of who stayed alive pretty much. Also the majority of characters were completely unlikeable in my opinion, but I just generally hate teenagers. I really wouldn't call it better than Detroit all things considered.

visuals novels are games too

Attached: KamiDori Alchemy Meister.jpg (320x450, 58K)

I liked how the douchebag jock you'd think would be someone you'd hate becomes the hero and most likeable character in the story.

It means this game would've been Beyond 2 if they didn't have good casting for 2/6 of the main cast

fuck off

You should fix that. It's a good ass movie.

You're welcome I guess. He was also in Starship Troopers.

Attached: ShawshankRedempt_087Pyxurz.jpg (1600x1049, 100K)

that's an eroge, not a vn.

>game like this
>like this
>visual novel
>like this
Dumb anime poster.

Attached: 1547692481924.jpg (479x331, 17K)

Who doesn't? Everyone loves a big friendly dog.

I found it a bit boring but I think I may have made all the boring choices — ended up with Conor killing Marcus, Kara saving that girl.

"End of the year" is all we know. So probably December ;_; I want to stream that shit to my friends and show them the most kino options, I already know the entire game

Kamski definitely did it in such a way that CyberLife wouldn't find it. He knew where to find Jericho and gave Marcus to Carl. He wanted to see the revolution succeed, though why is never made clear.

You should definitely replay it, seeing how different things can be makes the game far more interesting imo
You better become bros with Hank next time

I think Connor and Hank would've still been the most well-received characters if it weren't for Clancy and Bryan since their writing is just the strongest in general (improv scenes completely aside), but they made their characters so much more loveable and believeable. I don't think the game would have such a big fanbase if it weren't for them. In fact I doubt the game would have any fanbase at all.

Go home Androids, this is an Institute thread now!

Attached: Timesup.jpg (1536x2044, 403K)

Yeah that's how I interpret it as well. The whole thing with Markus' release date being "confidential" probably implies that Kamski made him AFTER he left Cyberlife (hence having to keep it secret). He might've implemented the deviancy "virus" and made him passively spread it to other androids. I think that's also the purpose of that segment at the beginning where you see Markus connecting with another android for the payment. Since androids make connections like that with other androids fairly often it'd be an really easy way to spread the bug/virus/whatever you want to call it.

Is Bethesda's take on androids actually worse than David Cage's? Is that actually possible?

Todd vs Cage, who would win?

What's the best way to watch this game?

On your PlayStation4 Home Entertainment (TM) system, user. It's like 20 bucks.
Alternatively wait till it's on the chink store I guess

Definitely not by watching some faggot Youtuber play it and make the same fucking boring ass choices almost all of them do.

this
based post, my man

desu do you think it might ever become a ps+ game like the heavy rain and beyond? These kind of games are great for that kind of service.

Off the rails choices like "Use a gun every time it's available" aren't too bad

Honestly if I knew a decent youtuber who did either several different playthroughs or just one playthrough where they made rare/unusual choices I would recommend them but almost everyone makes the same choices. I got into the game by watching Northernlion, I got curious how different the endings can get and then was blown away by how different the game can end. Since then I can only recomment playing it yourself at least twice to actually understand what the game offers.
I guess you could watch Bryan Dechart (Connor's actor) who did several playthroughs but his streams are pretty cringy desu. You do get some interesting behind the scene information though

Probably at some point, but definitely not soon. DBH was really popular (unlike Beyond) and came out last year. So it'll be a few years before it's free I think.
I'd just pick up when it goes on sale, it's easily worth 15 bucks imo

I would barely consider that an "off the rail" choice in DBH. But either way, roughly 90% of playthroughs are peaceful Markus and deviant Connor. Violent Markus and Machine Connor playthroughs are incredibly rare unless you actively look for them but that kind of ruins the surprise.
There's also some really interesting scenes/outcomes that only happen when you fail, so intentionally fucking up can be far more interesting than just doing everything successfully.

Terminator Kara more so than those other ones to teach that stupid toaster you're lugging around to stop being such a load. Because yeah, Connor and Markus are pretty binary overall, even if you can arrive at some different endings.

>I guess you could watch Bryan Dechart (Connor's actor) who did several playthroughs but his streams are pretty cringy
Aw. I liked them.

>Hello Connor Army, don't forget to subscribe with your Twitch Prime to win EPIC prizes xD
Yikes.
He seems like a nice dude but he obviously panders to his cringy tween fanbase

>he isn't in the Connor Army
>he didn't subscribe with his Twitch Prime
>he didn't win EPIC prizes
Sucks for you.

Sorry user, I'm not a 14 year old girl

>the only way he can feel good about himself is to try to put others down
Yikes. Let people enjoy what they enjoy.

This, I finished beyond in like three evenings, and it was the stupidest thing I've ever seen, yet I loved it

I'm not saying they should stop enjoying it nor am I trying to put anyone down. I just can't enjoy that kind of content because it feels like it panders to an entirely different demographic and thus wouldn't be enjoyable for the majority of people who go to Yea Forums.
No reason to feel attacked.

Attached: 1536336779454.jpg (523x620, 28K)

Beyond falls very much into the caregory of "so stupid it's good", though. That doesn't mean it is enjoyable, but it's definitely not enjoyable in the same way Beyond was. In fact I know some people who bought Detroit expecting it to be a fucking unintentional comedy shitfest like as well but then ended up unironically liking it (while still laughing at the stupid parts, though. Like the fucking back of the bus scene, fucking kek)

*in the same way Detroit was
My bad

RDR2 is a literal, on-rails movie game, though.

Attached: D45xPGMXkAA1zPi.jpg (1200x675, 28K)

Sequel with Hank and Connor buddy cop detective kino with romance option fucking
W H E N
H
E
N

N E V E R
E
V
E
R

Attached: 1528752007347.jpg (1053x1434, 196K)

It like Cage hates money, what the fuck
Fujos are gonna pay millions for that shit

Normies would freak the fuck out, no way it's gonna happen. Sadly.

>normies
>freaking the fuck out over gay romance
>in 2019
they'd get thunderous applause
it won't happen for other reasons

You don't understand. Ze romance in Detroit, it is meant to be North and Markus. How do you think a relationship could work between a human and android could work? I made ze good game

Nah most normies are grossed out by the "age gap" (even though that's fucking non-sense because age doesn't apply to androids, it's purely cosmetic) and because they think they are supposed to be like father and son. I've seen people seriously claiming that it would literally be incest.
I can almost guarantee it would cause a huge shitstorm

Attached: 1532978874903.png (467x239, 103K)

Alice and Kara is surely fine then? ;)

>it won't happen for other reasons
Like what?

>Controversial games studio Quantic Dream, developer of PlayStation exclusives Heavy Rain and Detroit: Become Human, has lost a court case against a former employee.

>The victim in the case quit their post due to the offensive photoshopped images of employees being circulated at the studio - images which came to light after a damning joint investigation into toxic workplace culture undertaken by a team of journalists at Le Monde, Canard PC and Mediapart published back in January. These reports variously accused Quantic Dream leaders David Cage and Guillaume de Fondaumière of inappropriate behaviour, overworking staff and colluding in - or at least turning a blind eye to - a schoolboy culture involving sexist and racist jokes. Canard PC's report [NSFW] includes examples of this - in montages of staff member's faces Photoshopped onto those of Nazi soldiers and nude porn stars which were apparently posted up around the studio workplace.

>Quantic Dream boss David Cage said at the time he was "shocked" by the allegations, and in a statement published to the studio's Twitter account Quantic Dream branded the claims by its own staff as "slanderous" and part of a "smear campaign". Then, in an unprecedented move and as discovered by Kotaku in April, Quantic Dream began quietly trying to sue these publications - three of France's largest media companies - for publishing their reports.

Detroit made them earn a shitton of money, they'll pay a fine and then everyone will forget about it eventually.
Most of the people who worked on Detroit left already anyway, they are currently restructuring and hiring people. By the time they start working on a new title no one will care anymore.

Attached: 1522014539309.png (500x327, 76K)