Anyone else always feel the need to upgrade their PC when the next-gen consoles are close to coming out...

Anyone else always feel the need to upgrade their PC when the next-gen consoles are close to coming out? The thought of a console having more RAM or GPU power than my PC makes me feel insecure. All the money I spent building and upgrading it would mean nothing if the PS5 comes out and is more powerful in any way.

Attached: 1542405506900.jpg (246x306, 11K)

If you have anything less than a 1070 in your PC yes, you're going to most likely suffer a little.
PC fags always complained about console generation shifts, like with CoD and not being able to run Ghosts that well. BO2 was made for 2006 hardware while Ghosts was made for 8th gen and a downgraded last gen port in mind. All consoles games atm are being made for 2013-14 hardware, though 30fps.

No but I really need to upgrade from my 770 badly

Buy a used 580 or 1060. Go for a 1070 or Vega if you want to play at very high detail settings and 1080p+.

>buying AMD GPU's

Say goodbye to OpenGL emulators and get used to half your games having visual glitches or bad performance at launch before the driver fixes come along months too late.

Attached: 3213146487.jpg (459x522, 59K)

>GPU's
If you want an emulation station just buy Intel and nvidia. I have both those and haven't touched an emulator in years. The 580 right now is mostly superior to the 1060 6GB. Not that it matters since both still get you way over 60fps in most games on high detail/1080p.

I'd rather have an all-in-one PC and not have to have a different PC just for emulation. The only con of the 1060 6gb vs the 580 8gb is slightly lower VRAM, but the 1060 is on average like 6-8% faster in most games than the 580.

play games on low graphics settings always

VRAM doesn't matter. By the time you hit the threshold your card won't be powerful enough for a stable frame rate anyway. The exception is the 1060 3GB which struggles with a bunch of newer games at high-very high settings.
But yeah by the time you're forced to use low settings with your 1060 6GB or 580 8GB you're better off just buying a new GPU that's several times more powerful.
Console users need no apply.

Also no the 1060 6GB isn't faster, it's actually 10-20fps behind in a lot of games. Even in nvidia sponsored titles you often see them performing the same or the 1060 only winning by a very slight margin. gpu.benchmark website isn't anything to go by, look at youtube benchmarks.

If you don't spend at least an hour beforehand looking up video settings guides and testing for yourself with each individual games graphics options to get the most efficient settings based on your hardware then you are a brainlet.

No, I'm happy with my 980.

t. poorfag who is running a GTX650

The PS5 is going to have a GPU that is like at least 50% more powerful than the 980. Also the 980 is 5 years old already.

Cool story bro

Attached: 1328240395742.gif (200x200, 183K)

Base PS5 is most likely going to be RX 470-480 tier considering the Pro hovers around that. It's actually a worse equivalent, but considering consoles have better optimization it's around there.

t. my dad works at nintendo

Maybe I am switching to consoles? The PS5 sounds sexy so far.

And btw, did you guys notice that GPUs are getting more expensive. I bought the 980 for 500 yurobux and the 2080 is 800 yurobux.

Attached: aqua beim mampfen erwischt.gif (540x652, 1.7M)

>Base PS5 is most likely going to be RX 470-480 tier considering the Pro hovers around that.

There is no way that's true, I'm sure Sony wishes they could get away with that but no. That's like saying "the Switch is probably going to be roughly as powerful as the N3DS" It's not iterative, it's a completely new system. PS5 is going to probably be around GTX 1080 territory give or take.

Nigga, the GPU spike ended last year. You can get a refurbed 1070 off newegg for $250 and be rocking 1440p60fps or 4K30fps.

He isn't talking about the mining craze you retard, he's talking about nvidia making more and more expensive cards.
It is true, go and look up comparison videos for the Pro and budget 4k PCs or One X vs budget 4k PCs.
The equivalent for the PS4 Pro is some Radeon HD card but I can't remember the name and considering consoles have better optimization you basically end up with an RX 470 if you wanna get a similar frame rate and resolution on PC.
It's also retarded to compare the N3DS to the PS4 Pro, they're LEAGUES apart from their base console. The N3DS is maybe what.. 30%? faster in games like Monster Hunter or that fighter game with tons of NPCs, while the Pro can deliver native 1800p in some instances, vs 1080p on the base.
The PS5 will most likely not be 1080 territory, not by a long shot.

>nvidia making more and more expensive cards

I meant that. But those fuckers were really crazy with the mining.
You can't even blame nvidia for charging more and more really. AMD can't compete.

>PS5 and PS4 Pro will have pretty much the same GPU power

That's not how console generations work pal

Attached: 1554443634307.jpg (301x312, 79K)

PS5 will likely be only slightly better than the Pro. There'll be a PS5 Pro equivalent later on no doubt, that one will be more significantly better.

>he upgraded past the HD 7850 2gb
>he doesn't play through VGA on a CRT @1280x1024@85hz
>he thinks 4K is any different from 1080p with proper PPI and eye distance

Attached: 71GaAtwOueL._SX425_.jpg (425x337, 23K)

I'm still on a 970 so I'll probably upgrade within the next year or so

I honestly dont buy the hype. The parts cerny mentioned would cost over 600 to buy.

>That's not how console generations work pal
We never had a Pro version before retard, it's exactly how it's going to look like with the Xbox 360 and PS5. They will be around One X/Pro performance. If you think it's not going to work like that you're actually retarded. On another note, with the One X it's likely going to be forward compatible with the next Xbox too, serving as base next gen console.

Unless you're retarded and play on a TV and sit like 2 1/2 rooms across you will notice a huge difference in detail.

Consoles have 32 gb of ram now?

I wanna build a new PC for cyberpunk but also may just get a PS5 and a 4k tv

I wish games stopped being so bloated more than anything else.
I can always play on lower graphic settings but that doesn't make it take up less space on my dwindling hard drive space.

Dual E5-2670 and GTX 980Ti still ripping through every game I throw at it in 1600x1200 96Hz

>PC pride

YOUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED

Attached: hoihioh.jpg (950x534, 89K)

Stadia will run best on PC because nothing else has gigabit ethernet ports