So we can all agree that Half Life 1 is better than Half Life 2, right?

So we can all agree that Half Life 1 is better than Half Life 2, right?

Attached: office_complex.png (1920x1080, 1.49M)

I don't care. I like both.

Quite a few things (especially combat) were lost in HL2. Half Life and OpFor have much better enemy and weapon selection
HL2 sets higher standards for most other things, though

2 prioritizes it's gay story over gameplay, 1 is relatively light on story but blends it into the gameplay seamlessly

I can see it. I feel like 1 is a bit better paced, and feels less "Gimmicky". 2 had a lot of obvious "tech demo" moments. 1 still had a few, but they weren't that big a deal, or blended into the gameplay better than the ones in 2. I enjoy both overall though. Even though they both have guns that feel awful to shoot, except the crossbow. The HL2 pistol might be the least satisfying gun in FPS history

>The HL2 pistol might be the least satisfying gun in FPS history
It also doesn't make since why Civil Protection would be armed with them, if City 17 is in Eastern Europe I don't imagine there'd be a lot of HK weaponry floating around.

Hl1 is much more memorable and weapons that werent dogshit. Hl2 has nothing going for it except "muh physics"

I still like both.

Does SMG1 make sense to you? Shotgun, maybe?

No, the MP7 and SPAS 12 also have no reason to be there. Even ignoring the fact that the MP7 can shoot grenades from a nonexistent grenade launcher and the SPAS 12 has a nonexistent second barrel. Valve can't into guns.

Civil protection should have been armed with Makarov's and AK's.

I must agree with your analysis. The whole Alyx Vance sidekick thing was just too handheld for my tastes. Felt more like a cartoon.

>"doctor freeman, I presume?"
>*stupid shiteating smile*
I never grew to hate a fictional character so intensely so quickly.

Hazardous Course 2 is better than both of them

post goldsource maps, oh wait nobody on Yea Forums has ever made a map for half-life nor was it top of the moddb page in 2008 for 3 weeks straight. Get fucked Yea Forums

Half-Life 2 singleplayer is overrated and Half-Life 2 multiplayer is underrated.

I wish there were a deathmatch map based off of this area.

Attached: core.jpg (1600x900, 268K)

>Jiggles into your path

Attached: jiggle.webm (480x640, 388K)

They were way ahead of their time on this

OPFOR would have been a 10/10 if they hadn't removed that part of the anim. Gearbox plz.

2 has a better story, looks way nicer, and has better physics.

1 is better for pretty much everything else.

2 is a good tech demo game
1 is a great game
/thread

HL1 has much better pacing and level design. Combat feels more satisfying.

HL2 has horrid pacing and subpar combat but obviously an amazing technical achievement at the time of release.

i thought it was a known fact by now