Aeris will live

Fight me.

Attached: 1547054263652.jpg (540x720, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7Ixbyz28rQE
youtube.com/watch?v=UOKljL0m4Vc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No, she'll be a DLC character

>will be a DLC character
And would still live.

Jessie>Aeris
>Inb4 "Aerith"fag spergout

>Lucrecia > Ifalna
Kys.

>Aeris/th lives this time
is that good, or bad?
Not like I've really enjoyed the spin off stuff

>is it good or bad
It is the beginning and the end of all.
Mark my words - after FFVIIR comes out, the next one in line will be full 3D modern remake of Phantasy Star II with living Nei (she lives in the remake already, but that shit's too old, we need another one to solidify this), then Phantasy Star TToTM with living Raira, then full remake of first GRANDIA, and etc. It'll be...an AVALANCHE.

Nope. Its just a DLC character only for battles, and after you beat the game at least once. There are games where dead party members stay for battle, and its usually a new game+ feature.

It'll still make her alive eternally, you faggot.
Just like people modded her in way past the Disc 1 before.

>Retconning one of the most iconic videogame moments in the history of the medium

Yeah, no. Not even Squeenix is that retarded.

>one of the most iconic videogame moments in the history of the medium
Phantasy Star TTEoTM was 3 years earlier and has WAAAY bigger impact.
Phantasy Star II did first and has very strong impact too.
FFVIIR is nothing special, you kiddies. It's just was your first baby J-RPG, so you didn't experience TRUE sorrow of mourning Reira.

SquEnix isn't retarded...but this is handled by Nomura and Nojima...do I have to say more?

>Not even Squeenix is that retarded.
Yes they are.

I think they're just that retarded honestly.
I don't think they understand how iconic that gaming moment even is.

They wouldn't.

>how iconic that gaming moment even is
It's not and never was. You newfags are truly laughable. Again, you stupid fagshits - Phantasy Star TTEoTM did it before FFVII and it did it WAAAAAY better/more impactful, while Phantasy Star II did it FIRST and relatively well too.

She'll still die in the story and never show up in cutscenes past her death, what are you even trying to do here?

Aeris? Yeah, what a rip off

Attached: Nei_art.png (452x500, 269K)

We're making threads about FF7, not Phantasy Star.
You liking the game, doesn't mean it had a bigger impact.
The game being better, doesn't make its moments more iconic.
FF7 was a heavily marketed game on a new big console that sold very well.
It having a more iconic moment in gaming doesn't make your favorite game any less good.

You can call everyone newfags(misuse of the term btw, you newfag, it's about how long you've been on the site) who don't praise or care about your game but it only serves to prove that its moments are more iconic, in general they know about FF7 and its moments, they don't know about phantasy star.

Nei was first (kek, what an oxymoron), but Raira is what made the ACTUAL impact. Besides, Nei lives now, according to remake. Raira is still...sob...sniff.

>s
TH

Attached: 1557355161807.gif (253x275, 3.22M)

Phantasy Star is literal "Final Fantasy by Sega, but better", you underage newfag fuckshit.

エアリス
"ス"
Su

So go and kindly kys now, you uneducated kiddie scrubshit with IQ below 21 points.

>"Final Fantasy by Sega, but better
And it doesn't matter that you think it's better, or even if it was objectively better.
A moment in gaming from a better game won't be more iconic if it is simply not as well known as the other.

If it was so much better how come it's had so little impact? Can't say it's lack of sales, VTMB was a failure commercially yet it's loved here.

Her death is important to the story...... unless they change the ending.

You don't know what iconic means do you?

Attached: 1545593250435.png (276x750, 81K)

Holy shit you massive faggot, calling Alys by that encrypted rapanese name.

Nei will always be the first, the remakes aren't my canon

What if they make it a type of "you can save her but you need certain requirements" type of deal, instead of it being a set in stone from the get go?
Like say, you have to do a series of events, and find a certain item/defeat a certain enemy, that stops Cloud even starting to go into that weird "I can't control my body moment", when he finds her.

Attached: Hold the fuck up.jpg (400x384, 30K)

>nei dies
>main character immediately tries to revive her
>the game clearly explains why you cant revive her

>aeris dies
>no one even tries to use a phoenix down on her

i will never understand this

>What if they make it a type of "you can save her but you need certain requirements" type of deal, instead of it being a set in stone from the get go?
Still shit.
You completely ruin it.
Maybe it's even fucking worse making it into a weird fucking minigame to get her to live.
God that idea sucks balls.

>it doesn't matter that you think it's better
Majority of the world has a solid consensus established on this several decades ago, you dumb reality-denying fuck. Phantasy Star is a better Final Fantasy, but, unfortunately, right after 1994 it started massively falling out of grace due to major mismanagement inside Sega. Phantasy Star Online is a very solid MMO, but it's a far away prequel to the mainline series and no game ever in the entire franchise since after TTEoTM was ever a true continuation, it was all just a side stories and midquels/sequels to PSO. The distance is 14000 years before first Phantasy Star starts, if I recall correctly. There is a huge issue with the entire series' continuity, due to time traveling shenanigans of Phantasy Star III.

>If it was so much better how come it's had so little impact?
It had immense impact, just not in the dumb bakagaijinner cuntries.

Japanese name was original release, you dumb fuck. And I always call all characters by their original, unaltered/uncensored names. Only original first release is TRUTH - everything else is BASTARDIZATION fdor dumb cucks such as what your kind of meatbag trash represents.

But why is it shit? Because it already happened, therefore it cannot be changed on rework of it? The basic idea is to add more choice to the RPG part of it, instead of just having you unable to have a way to stop it.

>Nei will always be the first
She's LITERALLY not first, you piece of cocksucking imbecile. Now it's clear as a day to me and to this entire board you didn't play jack shit fuck all of Phantasy Star II. And remake is 100% canon, because it was developed in-house by Sega and is fully endorsed by Sega.

>you can resurrect her, but you need to do certain """things"""
Here we go again

Attached: 1541892285739.jpg (500x314, 67K)

>Nei dies
>main character immediately tries to revive her
>the game clearly explains why you can't revive her
>officially endorsed and fully in-house developed remake comes out a decade-and-a-half later
>now you can and it's the ONLY canon route
>neckbeards BTFO'd

Attached: 65475467tt87.jpg (1200x898, 133K)

Making the death avoidable lessens the emotional impact of it.
Even if you don't save her in your game, you'd still feel a lesser emotional impact from it, because "oh, she didn't really die, I just didn't do that thing, oh well". Sad things happening is good for the story of video games, these parts don't need to be a sandbox.

People mourn the deaths of Galuf & Aeris.
Not really the death of Shadow.

>Galuf
I'd rather mourn that hairy smelly furfag fag from GRANDIA II (at least he an-hero'ed like a true...beast), than the old shit.

>People
That doesn't include you.

She will live, because women are strong and empowered in the current year.

>Marth
>マルス
Fuck off, retard

If it means we can get a Phantasy Star 4 remake where Alys lives and is romancable then I'm ok with this future.

Attached: alys_brangwin_phantasy_star_iv_by_weoroth_d7p1eem-pre.jpg (895x893, 103K)

Phoenix Downs revive people from the brink of death, they do not reverse actual death. When a character is reduced to 0 health in combat, they are not dead but rather knocked out and in the process of dying.

Please no. Sega is incapable of doing this franchise justice

They could make a NG+ where Aeris lives. I know it's hard to justify content exclusive to NG+ in such a long RPG, but it would make history yet again.

Attached: 1499527782866.jpg (455x604, 47K)

>Phantasy Star invented characters dying

And it's not the fact that Aerith dies in itself that is iconic, it's how the event is framed and how it affects the other characters. It's just a really well designed scene that transitions flawlessly into a boss fight with the theme of the character being the prevailing soundtrack over it all.

Honestly FF5 did it even better than 7 did, that's the one that should be truly remembered.

No, aerisdies

Attached: 1516106702512.jpg (596x545, 244K)

She deserves happiness you asshole.
Can't be happy if you're dead.

Can't be sad, either.

If they kill Tifa instead, heads will roll.

Attached: 1548072052295.jpg (320x240, 15K)

Yeah, Kill Yuffie. Nobody likes that dirty thief who makes you spend 30 minutes re-arranging your materia back to what it was before

She lived a life of sadness, she needed true happiness in her life.

Narrative 101, user. If you are going to kill off a character, make their life hard or at least challenging. It's an easy way to get your readers/viewers/players to sympathize with the character. Then when they are killed off, it will have that much extra oomph to it.

I don't care.
I want her to experience true love. I want her to become a mother and understand how her mother felt. I want her to live in a world that is slowly correcting itself and becomes beautiful again. I want her to be happy damn it!

itt: people still think aeris didn't die on purpose

Kys.

Mars, that's right.

>it's how the event is framed and how it affects the other characters
Reading comprehension, learn it.

Attached: FFVII is for KIDDIES.jpg (1280x720, 123K)

>he doesn't unequip everything before going to Wutai
What a newfag.

That site sucks ass, even though even I fapped to content on it a couple times.

>really well designed scene
...you...really didn't play much J-RPGs in your entire miserable life, eh?

Attached: FF VII is a lame copycat.jpg (564x347, 147K)

Samefag

I didn't even pretend not to be same poster, you dumb fuck.
I've just responded slowly, in two parts.

youtube.com/watch?v=7Ixbyz28rQE

youtube.com/watch?v=UOKljL0m4Vc

>The fag in this thread would have you believe the former video is a better, more impactful scene than the latter one
>mfw

Attached: spong.jpg (612x612, 32K)

1-st is PERFECTION of dramaturgy, camera angles, art, music/sound, and scenario.

2-nd is for soulless Pepsi kiddies who jerk onto le muh 3D graphens and know no better.

There's more impact in the moment that the white materia hits the floor than in the entirety of that phantasy star slideshow, kid.

Holy shit you're both retarded AND having extremely bad taste, to the boot.

Says the fag who barges into threads about FFVII to shill his nostalgia-boner driven love for a dead series.

Attached: benis.png (300x178, 15K)

>Phantasy Star
>dead series
And that's, ladies and gentlemen, how we all know the shitposter is an absolute cretin that doesn't know jack shit fuck all on things he's babbling his dirty limp nigger cock-stuffed mouth about with.

The last real release in the series took place in 2014. A mobile game spin-off launched last year, and if you want to admit that that is the legacy of your beloved series, go right ahead.

Attached: kek.jpg (200x200, 10K)

Look at Granblue, imbecile.
By your flawed retarded kindergartner toddler logic it should've been a still-born series just because it originated as a mobile game. Fuck off and kys, you loser POS.

Granblue began as a mobile game and has grown from there. Phantasy Star began as a home console title and has been reduced to mobage. There's a world of difference there, and if you think for a second that Phantasy Star will see a similar resurgence as Granblue did, you are delusional.

Phantasy Star always had support no worse/lesser than Star Ocean series has, you cocksucking piece of dumb shit. This is NOT same case as with Breath of Fire series' phasing out of relevance and existence.

>This is NOT same case as with Breath of Fire series' phasing out of relevance and existence.

Sure it isn't, champ.

Attached: STOP.jpg (820x791, 136K)

>trailer shows that cloud is not given a choice to turn away her offer of a flower and are forced to be a beta and obey the wu-man

cloud gunna give it to her...

when it gets to the part that he's suppose to abuse her and kill her.... $10 says he cries like a girl and does it screaming like one too.

Attached: Xgunnagiveittoya.jpg (698x641, 123K)

Breath of Fire started cucking itself over at Dragon Quarter, which was almost at PS 2's early years of existence. Phantasy Star released mobile game only just recently. The series is super-fucking-strong. The only (ONLY) way how Phantasy Star might suddenly stop existing, is if Sega does #fucKonami on us and slaughters entirety of it's gaymen business altogether suddenly. Remember Suikoden?

No, because it'll be 10x more kino when she dies AGAIN and there's STILL nothing you can do about it.

I don't see how a long-running series of console releases being reduced to releasing a mobile game is considered being "super strong". Mobages are usually the last resort to scrounge up some profits from an otherwise dead series, or to drum up more profit alongside console releases for really popular series (which Phantasy Star apparently isn't, because there is no console title for the mobage to exist alongside of).

It's time to face the music, user. Phantasy Star is in its death throes.

>Cloud used a Phoenix Down!

Final Fantasy did mobile waaay before you even been born, kid. Before Crisis, bitch. NTT DoCoMo.

Squeenix released/releases mobile games alongside actual FF titles. The last Phantasy Star title was released almost five years ago, and now (or rather about six months ago) they released a mobile game. If there was any life left in the series, they would have released an actual console title and the mobile game would have been a companion game to go along with it.

Before Crisis was NEVER re-released on anything, you dumb fuck. It's lost forevermore, until someone manages to crack and emulate J2ME.

>option to save Aerith
>If you do, the planet dies at the end because Holy fails to activate

Attached: Woomygrin.png (500x455, 285K)

You can already cast Holy in the game without White Materia. Either via Alexander summon, or a learned spell.

What does that have to do with anything? It was still tied to a major release in the series.

Are you being dense on purpose?

You just being an utter fucking idiot that didn't play jack shit fuck all of the game, is all.

Holy is the name of the spell that comes out of the White Materia, not the element you double dense nigger

Holy is not an element, you dumb underage newfag fuck, it's LITERALLY a spell in the game that's cast either stand-alone, or by Alexander's attack. It's NOT FF VIII, but VII. Holy is an element in VIII.

There will be an option/extra tasks to save her