Detective Pikachu

Just got home from first showing, AMA. Name a Pokemon and I'll tell whether it's in or not as well.

Attached: IMG_20190509_180809.jpg (4032x3024, 2.23M)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/RegalMovies/status/1125958502441054208
serebii.net/movies/detectivepikachu/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Porygon-Z
Or just the Porygon line then, if not

Gardevoir? Any of the lewd ones really.

None of the Porygons were in it.

None of the Ralts line either.

>AMA
why is a grown man watching a pokemon movie intended for children?

Those are some garbage ass cards

Ghastly line

Is it any good?

Because my fiancee and I are manchildren.

Indeed.

Gengar shows up a few times, before Pikachu fights the Charizard it's battling a Blastoise.

ffs bro tell me they had Weedle

Rhyhorn, Rhydon?

Blaziken/Scizor/Gliscor/Ampharos?

Did it use thunder and obliterate it?

7 or 8 out of 10. Had a good time, didn't really try to emulate the games in any way, just did its own thing. Aside from referencing Kanto, Johto, and Sinnoh, and talk about attacks Pikachu knows and typings in one scene, it basically doesn't pander to the games at all.

None of the Weedle line.

Neither.

No/No/No/No

Pikachu uses Volt Tackle, Electro Ball, and Thunderbolt.

Do you get those cards when you go into the movie? Or are they just for ordering tickets or something like in Japan? I just want cards

Was pikachu in it?

Does Ryan Reynolds have any dirty lines or rated r things etc?

Scyther

Just tell me if any ultra beast appears in it in any way. I have a bet riding on this

Is it moatly just gen 1 circle jerking?

This part of your ticket can be reverse-searched and since the place you went is watermarked on the ticket, faggots ITT can dox ya

enjoy your gorilla shit

Attached: 1557443925883.jpg (1393x415, 246K)

>thinking anyone on 2019 Yea Forums is capable of doxxing
lol

Handed to me on receiving my ticket in a booster pack. Only contained those two cards and some promo stuff.

No.

Nothing obscene. Says damn and hell but that's it.

No.

None.

Not really. A good spread from all gens.

Oh no please don't dox the movie theater I went too. I'm terrified someone will send pizzas to my house.

Draw me mewtwos teeth. I want to know what they look like user

No, I mean gengar. What did they do to my boy?

Think of Aipom's, but smaller.

Nothing, Gengar's pretty well represented. Uses Shadow Ball and Double Team, ends up winning the battle.

>Someone giving that much of a fuck about some random guy in the 4chins
Doubt.

what was the ugliest design of all?

Video games?

Based. How's his appearance

Didn't think they'd show up, 100% too controversial, I guess I get a few extra bucks, thanks user.

>A good spread from all gens
>said no to every Pokemon

swablu
togekiss

Volcarona, galvantula or joltik, golisopod? I already know its a no cause bugs arent popular and they arent genwun.

Are there any references to memes or general nigger kid shit? You know, like how the hulk dabbed in endgame, that kind of shit.

>Because my fiancee and I are manchildren.
What a surprise, OP is a faggot.

Attached: image(3).jpg (250x238, 15K)

Was it a good movie in its own right or was it only watchable because it was associated with pokemon?

And Ninetails

Ugliest? Not sure. The worst offenders are the ones from the trailer everyone pointed out. Maybe Aipom, but they're literally psycho in the scene people thought they were ugly so they're not usually that bad.

Gengar's fine. Not a whole lot of texture to him, obscured by a lot of smoke too.

It was mostly gen 1, I won't lie and say it wasn't, but they were more of the background Pokemon. Stuff like Greninja, Torterra, Snubbull, et.c had a lot of screen time.

No, no.

No, no, yes in the background.

Not really. Also kid is a mutt but his mom was colonized.

Thought that much was obvious when I posted on Yea Forums.

Solid film, nothing too deep or complex, it is made for children after all, but not as childish as you'd think, and a good number of twists, regardless of predictability. And no.

Wait, Hulk dabbed in Endgame?
When did that happen? The cafeteria scene?

Are there any mentions of interspecies relationships?

>No, no, yes in the background.
Also no on Golisopod.

Yes, the kid is half black.

How about the chad Bewear? Growlithe also works. Also, any potential references to Gen 8?

Any of the pollution trio?

Attached: 27eb317eab5700a7de7a7002f9e905202b5f0c5e_00[1].jpg (500x310, 32K)

>kid is a mutt

user I don’t think everyone is retarded on figuring out if he’s a mutt or not. Also you’re a femanon so tits or gtfo no personal feelings for your fiancé just the rules

Arcanine? I know Growlithe is in.

>Yes, the kid is half black.
heh

Alright can you please tell me Kabutops WASN'T in it? I hate how Gyarados looks in DT's arvalis style and I don't want to see the movie if my favorite is like that too. I'd be fine if only his fossil appears though.

Audino?

>Bewear
No.
>Growlith
Yes.
>Gen 8
No.

None of my dirty boys.

>you're a femanon
Fiancee with two e's implies female. Fiance with one e is the male. I'm a dude. You don't wanna see my cock either desu.

Arcanine is in.

Kabutops wasn't. Gyarados looks fine honestly.

Several scenes on the street, yes.

Did my girl Chansey appear?

Attached: chansey.jpg (200x177, 6K)

arcwus
dialga
emongaa
reshiram

which pokemon did you feel was the most fuckable?

Whos your favourite mon in movie and in game?

Shuckle
Gastrodon
Qwilfish?

Also I know he’s in but does Torterra get any attention in anyway?

Yh cuz it’s fugly. She sent me the pics if you wanted to know

Is Absol in it? I doubt, but I can dream

Man it looks like they only put the cutesy and iconic ones

Are there any cameos from gym leaders or other trainers?

Attached: realistic stars.jpg (680x989, 81K)

Sure why not, let's believe this thread. Any after-credits scene OP?

Attached: 1539225116685.jpg (446x460, 32K)

Raichu

Well it makes sense.

>wasn't
thank fuck
and gyarados looks neutered

The MC fucks Hilda bareback.

No Chansey. I expected it to be at one point when Pikachu gets hit with a rock and almost dies. They take him to a "healer Pokemon," but it's not her.

>Arceus
Just a statue.
>Dialga
Just a statue.
>Emongaa
If you meant Emolga, yes, towards the end.
>Reshiram
No.

Mr. Mime.

>Movie
Greninja probably.
>Game
Scizor, tied with Golisopod. Here's my top 20.

>Shuckle
No.
>Gastrodon
No.
>Qwilfish
No.
>Torterra
Yes. They were being experimented on in a lab. In one scene, the entire earth starts turning and breaking apart. Pikachu nearly dies in the chaos. Turns out they're massive Torterra, the size of mountains.

Damn desu, dating ProJared apparently.

No.

No cameos. The credits have all the main characters drawn in trainer style by Gamefreak though.

No after-credits scene.

No.

Attached: top 20.png (937x417, 182K)

Wobbuffet?

Attached: 1418450248544.jpg (500x419, 26K)

Audino is in the movie but not Chansey, fuck this shit

No.

My boy Slowking?

>reddit: the thread

Attached: 1556466443013.png (380x467, 18K)

>No Smash Bros initiative
Welp, it was too much of a meme for it to be probable anyways.

None of the Slowpoke line.

>Yea Forums poster calling anyone reddit

So is this the first good vidya movie?

I would say it was definitely good, though it's not really related to the Detective Pikachu game.

Never played the games. Do they simply take the concept of a man in a Pikachu body and do something completely different? Was it funny?

Actually, I just read up the Detective Pikachu game myself. I was going off old secondhand information, but it does look like it's pretty similar, my bad.

Was it funny? Got some laughs out of the audience yeah. The jokes were simple though.

Do they do the Pokémon Rap?

Trubbish
Nosepass
Noivern
Castform
Stunfisk

These are my favorite mons. Are they in?

Attached: 2xi0vc89uju21.png (640x611, 171K)

No Pokemon rap. First gen theme song is sung by Ryan Reynolds at one point, and the melody plays in the background of the main news station.

No.
No.
No.
No.
No.

Sorry, user.

Sudowoodo?

When he's talking to the kids for his picture and Scott is sitting there wanting a picture taken with them as well. Then Banner dabs and tells the kids to stay safe.

No.

Kamen Rider Drive made a 5 second cameo as a trainer battling someone.

Attached: All we need is Pikachu.jpg (899x557, 69K)

Lopunny? Houndoom? Steelix?

Correct. Battles a strong black kween.

No, no, no.

Was garchomp in it?

Nope.

Poochyena?
Totodile?

Geodude?
Heracross?
Nosepass?

Dunsparce?

Pikachu?

No.
Yes.

Can't remember if Geodude was or not. Think so, but I know Graveler was.
No Hercross or Nosepass.

No.

Is it actually good?

No.

Nyes.

what did they give you when you said pika pika?
twitter.com/RegalMovies/status/1125958502441054208

Was there ever a point where you could feel they clearly ran out of Pokemon models to use?

Thanks user, I cant wait to see it

Man, fuck this the pokemon rap should have at least been the end credits song.

Phanpy, Pichu or Raichu?

POLIWHIRL?

Considering I didn't go to Regal, nothing, but they're probably talking about the cards.

Towards the end. Halfway through you start seeing the same Pokemon pop up. To be fair though, they had a lot before then. probably between 100-150.

The Ditto made it obvious as at one point it breathes in the R-gas and goes berserk, transforming into like 10 Pokemon, all ones we saw prior.

No, no, no.

No.

Rattata

Diglett or Pineco?

Yes. There may be an Alolan one too. Only saw it for a second and it was obscured, but it *might* have been.

No and no.

Is the Drifloon line in the movie?

Nope.

Was pikachu the father all along?

nah, the cards are pretty well known about and I don't know why they would be handed out at concessions. I'm willing to bet it's like a dollar off some popcorn or something.

Lucario or any of the alolan starters?

no they already confirmed the cards are for everyone, regardless based on people who went to the 4pm showing

Kind of. They're separate, but Mewtwo has the power to merge people and Pokemon. He merged them together to save the dad's life while Pikachu gets the son to try and solve the crime and save Mewtwo.

No to all.

Does it have Xatu

>The credits have all the main characters drawn in trainer style by Gamefreak though.
Good enough for me. I love virtually every protag in Pokemon.

No, but Natu has a cameo as a hieroglyph at one point detailing the origin of People and Pokemon.

What about Mimikyu or Magikarp?

Acceptable

Attached: thecoolestnatu.jpg (184x184, 7K)

>Mimikyu
No.
>Magikarp
Yes. When fighting the Charizard, Pikachu grabs one that fell onto the ground in the chaos and tries to get it to evolve to save him. The R-gas making Charizard go wild wears off and immediately after the Magikarp does evolve.

Any of the Sandile line?

How do you feel like each Gen was repped overall?

How was the animation in general, considering the whole realistic fur and whatnot.

Is Flareon the only Eeveelution?

Nope.

>Gen 1
Most Pokemon, mostly background.
>Gen 2
Represented alright, not a ton.
>Gen 3
Barely any representation.
>Gen 4
Decent representation.
>Gen 5
Devent as well.
>Gen 6
Slightly less than 4 or 5.
>Gen 7
Barely represented if at all.

A lot of scenes were well animated. A few ones stood out as obvious though, particularly the Bulbasaur scene had a few moments that weren't convincing.

Yes. Eevee has surprisingly little representation given its recent popularity. Only really shows up as a parade balloon, and the 10 second scene where it evolves.

Morelull is pretty prominent in the Bulbasaur stuff, but I do think that's the only gen 7 mon I saw.

Yeah good point, forgot about them. It's the only one I can recall.

Milotic

Nope.

Missingno?
Or realistically, any sort of reference to that?

Nope, sadly. Or at least nothing I saw. Would have been nice to see it on a broken TV or something.

Nidoking? If so please tell me if they did him right.

Attached: 3cffb8660a69e883d7a21ecd53e66b59.807x543x1.png (807x543, 46K)

Nothing on Nidoking, or any of the Nidos really.

What legendaries were in the movie? Did Azelf make it? Spoil the movie for me

Attached: Armored_8.jpg (600x800, 74K)

What pokemon featured was the most fappable?

No Nidoking unfortunately, but we at least get him on a poster so he wasn't fully forgotten.

only physical legendary was Mewtwo, with references to Mew DNA. There are also statues of Dialga, Palkia and Arceus in the City Founder's office, along with Zekrom and Reshiram on a poster

Wartortle?

How the hell do I get the promo cards in Canada?

>giving out pokemon cards

dead on arrival

Several legendaries are cameos, either as statues or parade balloons, or wall decals or posters, etc. but only Mewtwo was in person.

Mewtwo escaped from a lab in Kanto 20 years prior. It's recaptured and experimented on before escaping. Howard Clifford reveals he hired Tim's father to gather information on this and find Mewtwo, making his son Roger out to be the villain. Tim checks out the lab where Mewtwo escapes and finds the secret of what was going on there, before everything starts going crazy because of Roger Clifford activating the machines and letting the enraged Greninja out.

They escape into the forest where Psyduck has a meltdown and knocks the Greninja away, before the whole place starts cracking and falling apart because of it. It's revealed the lab is on top of giant Torterra that were experimented on. Pikachu nearly dies to a falling rock before Tim asks a bunch of Bulbasaur for help who bring him to Mewtwo. Mewtwo reveals their memories, showing that Pikachu helped Mewtwo escape. Mewtwo is recaptured, meanwhile Pikachu thinks he betrayed Tim's father and runs off, leaving Tim because he's worried he'll do it again. Tim returns to Ryme City to reveal this to Howard Clifford before Howard reveals that Mewtwo didn't attack Tim's dad, but saved him, it was the Greninja that attacked instead.

Howard reveals how he wants humans the Pokemon to merge, and uses a neural implanter to merge with Mewtwo before gassing the entire city and merging all the people with their Pokemon. Pikachu returns and fights Mewtwo while Tim fights a Ditto that was revealed to be disguised as Roger Clifford the entire time, who was captured and tied up. Eventually Tim strips the neural implanter off Howard while Pikachu is distracting his mind in Mewtwo's body, and Mewtwo restored the city. Roger vows to return things to normal and make things right before Mewtwo reveals he saved Tim's dad by merging him with Pikachu.

No, but Squirtle is in several scenes,a s is Blastoise.

>no Lucario
This is unbelievable

Forgot tripcode.

>only one eeveelution
>it gets the shit one
What were they thinking?

Which Pokémon looked the best?

No idea, but they're pretty heavily distributed down here in America. I'd just check with your local theater chains, but hurry it up since everything is emphasizing "while supplies last" with the promo.

I really liked how Treecko looked. Golurk is awesome as well, they gave him a cool smoldering effect on the scar.

I don't understand.

better pokemon got in
:^)

You could ask the same thing for the existence of Yea Forums. Why is anyone (who is presumably 18+, as you're supposed to be on Yea Forums) posting on a board about a children's hobby? Why does Yea Forums even have it?

Did anyone else enjoy seeing the amount of tie-in stuff at 7/11 leading up to the movie? It's wild to see Mr. Mime and Ludicolo being shillmons.

Attached: detective-pikachu-slurpee-min.jpg (1240x1326, 145K)

Is regirock in?

Is my nigga Sableye in the movie user?

Any Fossilmons?

Which Pokémon do you wish they had included? Like in the background?

Totodile line

I actually really love Mr. Mime and Ludicolo, so seeing them is always a plus.

Banjo?

NIGGERMON

No.

No.

No.

Scyther, Scizor, Golisopod, Tyranitar, etc. Basically anything from my top 20. Totodile, yes. None of the others.

Jynx?

Same. I got the ludicolo cup for cheap refills.

Attached: 61fvGW4vLkL._SL1035_.jpg (840x560, 59K)

>mr.mime looks okay in that render
fuck the need for everything to be in uhd nowadays

No. Doubt we'll ever see Jynx because of blackface.

Starmie?

The new purple design takes care of that issue IMO, but yeah, I doubt they'll do live action Jynx ever just because of the history of people calling it racist.

dragonite?

No.

No.

Espurr? Litwick line? Venipede line? Any cool bug pokemon?

Does the spoilered Pokemon list on the right side of this page miss any of the shown Pokemon in the movie?
serebii.net/movies/detectivepikachu/

Cyndaquil??????

No, no, no, only bug that comes to mind is Joltic but I'm sure there's others.

No.

Seems pretty accurate but I'm sure it's missing some. There felt like there was a lot in it, I just can't remember specifics because of the quantity.

Too bad, no Alphacross or CHADtu.

Yeah can confirm it's missing some. Rufflet's not on the list and I saw that a few times.

Wait fuck it is, it's just under trainer Pokemon for some reason.

Is this guy in it?!

Attached: D1KuNl5WkAENZHU.png (646x494, 104K)

Nope.

Not him but it misses Politoed
I can't remember much else but I remember seeing Politoed in the background because I fucking love Politoed

Attached: 1541210995231.gif (312x180, 1.8M)

Anything in the city seems be under Trainer pokemon, like the Aipoms. Seems almost like whoever set up that page is under the assumption any mon in the city must be owned.

Anyone from the Chimchar or Deino line?

Feraligatr, yes?

Weird then because Braivery is listed as wild.

No to both.

Only Totodile.

unrelated but I love your taste OP
almost every single one of these is top tier
Does Tyranitar show up?

No, sadly.

So this is the first solid video game movie?

Skarmory? Tyranitar family?

No to either.

I would say it's solid, yes. RT's score is accurate.

Sequel hook? After credits scene?

Umbreon?

Those cards are goina be worth 10x the original value a few years from now WHY THE FUCK DID YOU OPEN THEM

Lol no. There's way too many of the damn things in circulation for them to accrue any value. Even an still packaged Ancient Mew from like 20 years ago goes for less than 10 bucks.

No sequel hook or post-credits scene.

Nope.

No they won't lmao. It's a worldwide movie release.

was ditto actually the villain? the cards kinda spoiled that

Zangoose? Beldum line?

Not the main villain, but a top crony for him

Was Serena in it?

question

are humans not pokemons?

So Tim's dad is Ryan Reynolds?

Assistant to the villain. The son of the villain remarks that he hates his Pokemon, which can be seen transforming into a person to wheel him around in his wheelchair and care for him. By the end it's obvious it was enhanced, and has been impersonating the son, and tries stopping Tim by attacking him as various people and Pokemon.

Sonic line?

No and no.

No.

No.

Yes. You never see him until the final scene, when it's revealed Ryan wasn't just the voice but body actor as well.

movie worth seeing
was thinking this or shazam for my cousins bday

Shazam is good until the end where a faggot thing happens.

Should they start a Smash Bros Cinematic Universe?

If your cousin likes Pokemon, go with DP.

>15 Fire Emblem films
no please

So was Tim adopted? Or is Ryan Reynolds a cuck?

Ryan colonized his mom.

>No
but humans who die turn into pokemons or transform into them. hell humans can learn powers

Justice Smith himself is actually mixed, so there's no reason to think movie!Tim is not.

Is my boy Metagross in it

these are the ones I've seen in the movie (not counting statues and posters):

Pikachu
Bulbasaur
Charizard
Charmander
Blastoise
Pidgey
Machamp
Gengar
Cubone
Tauros
Magikarp
Gyrados
Ditto
Eevee
Snorlax
Mewtwo
Greninja
Psyduck
Jigglypuff
Doduo
Mr Mime
Aipom
Loudred

Nope.

Nah, the Fire Emblem characters are filler for the action scenes if anything.

>No and no.
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH FUCK NIGGERS!

Man, black genes are strong.

Cool, don't have to watch it then

[spoilers]how the card spoil it?[/spoilers]

Did the fat mexican kid saying he didn't enjoy the strip club really trigger you that much?

GOD I WANT TO FUCK HILDA WITH MY BBC

Did you only recognize mostly gen 1 pokemon, normiefag?

based

What a self agrandizing thread. Why not just make a list of who's in the film so you don't have to reply to every comment (but that's exactly that you want)

Tranny and unbased.

90% of the movie is gen 1, yeah
also "normiefag", don't try too hard to fit in

Come on that was adorable. It was meant to be cringey, the hulk is an out of touch but well meaning dad type now

So does the human/pokemon fusion thing use the Pokemon transfer system as its foundation? Because they literally did this in Gen 1. By complete accident, sure, but Bill did it first.

i don't fully like your taste in pokemans but i respect your flavor.
keep on shining brother.

Reddit is more your speed, user.
Based. OP is an attention seeking faggot.

Because I didn't sit down to memorize a list of 50+ Pokemon by name. If someone asks the Pokemon I can remember if I saw it or not, but I'm not gonna go in with a pen and paper and write it down.

No, it's the main villain controlling Mewtwo to fuse them together.

rowlet?
rockruff?

Attached: 1557351222450.jpg (837x998, 526K)

No, it's just something Mewtwo can do for some reason. The film established it's the same Mewtwo from the first animated movie, so it's really odd to just give him that all of a sudden

No and no. Barely any gen 7 representation.

>reddit
>calls normalfags "normies"
ain't that ironic

Are you fucking serious? So Ash exists in this movie's universe?

cringe

Nothing established. There's just a line saying how Mewtwo escaped from a lab in Kanto 20 years ago. Most likely a throwaway line.

Yes, it's not an alternate universe situation, Kanto and Sinnoh are both mentioned.

Onix?

why does it call pikachu "mouse pokemon" when it's clearly supposed to be a pika?

Oh, well then, it could just be the games' universe. Or another universe that's identical. Mewtwo escaped from a lab in Kanto in all continuities.

Wait but didn't that Mewtwo decide to stop being a dick? It's been a while since I watched the movie, but that's what I remember happening

>no swablu

into the fucking trash

OP is right, the only line about that was a kinda throw-away line saying it escaped from a lab in Kanto. Could be games or whatever, but in basically every universe that has a Mewtwo, it came from a lab in Kanto.

Nope.

Same reason it calls Cubon a lonely.

Yeah.

FUCK THIS

How often do you hear Ohtani Ikue's voice?

>all these nopes
OP just tell us now if its even worth watching

Attached: 1553744485098.jpg (811x506, 230K)

Twice iirc, maybe a third I don't remember. Only heard it when his father crashed and when Tim asks the woman in the trailer if she can understand him.

It is actually. It's got some of the more obscure Pokemon in it, Yea Forums's just really hipster with a lot of their favorites.

They came out with a mini promotional booster pack for the movie with like 10 cards in the set with only 3 rare cards in the set. the 3 rare were pikachu, some other mon, and a ditto card with a transformation move. that kinda gave it away that ditto was going to turn into something important OR that it was the mastermind

>So Ash exists in this movie's universe?
Possibly, or it could be red. Mewtwo escaping happened, but we're not given enough to determine which version it's going off of.

Near the end, when Pikachu and Tim's dad are defused, it's all normal Pika talk.

That's right, so three.

Are there any other Pikachu? Other than Ryan Reynolds I mean. If so, does Ryan Reynolds interact with them? What about Pichu and Raichu?

If Ryan Reynolds knows Volt Tackle, that means Ryan Reynolds raised that Pikachu from an egg, right?

Luxray, Medicham, Swinub/Piloswine, Bouffalant, or Chinchou

The mewtwo in this movie isn't really a dick at all though, it gets captured and mind controlled

No other Pikachu, just a parade balloon. No Pichu or Raichu either.

They don't detail Pikachu's origins, just that it was Ryan Reynold's partner Pokemon on the police force.

>Luxray
No.
>Medicham
No.
>Swinub/Piloswine
Maybe? There was a scene in the beginning with a bunch of small brown things running through a forest that I thought were Swinub, but I might be wrong.
>Bouffalant
Yes.
>Chinchou
No.

Did this faggot actually mix Tauros and Bouffalant?

ditto signature move is that it can transform in whatever is in front, with that in mind i still don't get how it spoiled the movie for you unless the art was a meany ditto or something maybe i'm too brainlet for this

What’s Bouffalant do?

It's in the beginning scene as cattle at a ranch. Ditto also transforms into it at one point as it's going berserk from the R-gas.

Interesting

This was the card. I personally don't think it spoiled much other than perhaps it being a rare perhaps implying some important role in the movie rather than simply being a common.

Attached: DittoDetectivePikachu17.jpg (757x1052, 246K)

cringe.

Lanturn

Nope.

Oh I forgot to say thank you

Attached: 0C612809-670B-4AED-9448-A0E7A708D222.png (670x615, 421K)

Also, the autist in me is forced to point out the miniset has 18 cards and 10 of them are rares, only 8 are commons. But I think that might be because the common cards are actually the same as the random card in the theater packs, so they probably put in a lot of rares to sell plenty of the regular packs for the set.

This is a weird question but do you recall seeing the actor Khary Payton in it hes the guy that plays the king in walking dead i was wondering who he plays

its the only rare card in the set other than mewtwo thats denoted with a white star.

I don't recall seeing him. It's not on his IMDB either so if he is in it, he's not credited.

Is it only gen 1 pokemon? Whats the latest gen they showed?

There's one Gen 7 Pokemon that I remember. A lot of gen 1, but the others have some representation, with more for 4-6 than you'd think.

I'll take Chris Stuckmans opinions over yours unfortunately, sorry, faggot.
:)

There's a good mix even if gen 1 is a bit over-represented. Newest would be Morelull, but it's also literally the only gen 7 pokemon I remember seeing.

Was it funny?

There's also some Comfey in the background at the beginning and in the Bulbasaur scene

Theater had some laughs. The jokes were simple but good.

Didn't notice those, good eye.

>7 or 8 out of 10.
That's a decently high score, sure it wasn't THAT good.

Who plays the the father unmerged from Pikachu?

Like I said, it was a simple film, but enjoyable. It's sitting at 66% on RT atm, but half the reviewers are boomers who don't know what Pokemon is.

Ryan Reynolds.

Not OP, but it was a solid film. It's not mindblowing or film of the year material, but it's really fun and better than you'd think.

Danny Devito

You missed a fuckload friend

Morelull
Dodrio
Arcanine
Bouffalant
Joltik
Audio
Torterra
squirtle
Heaps more

Rewatch the movie

Do any in-universe celebrities get name-dropped? Like Professor Oak?

Not really, no. There's no connection to any previous games or media. Aside from regions, nothing is really named relating to them.

66% sounds more reasonable than a fucking 8 nigga

Just got back from my showing.
It's average at best.
Ditto scene was the biggest "what the fuck?" moment

Attached: D6K-sXjXsAANyOK.jpg (1200x1200, 248K)

66% is also the result of a bunch of boomers who thing the movie is an adaptation of Go. I said 7 or 8, so assume it's about a 7.5.

Well, duh, OP really likes Pokemon and is not a "What is a Pikachu?" boomer.

Gliscor

Attached: 645500B7-5590-4D9B-BD4A-9F5084F99FE2.png (250x250, 53K)

Nope.

Why would they need outside knowledge of pokemon to watch the movie. Can't they just judge it on it's own merits and what it does within it's own story? That seems fair.
I think you like the movie a tad too much user.

>Pokemon: Detective Pikachu isn't a movie. It's a cog in a multibillion-dollar media empire, a soulless feature-length example of product placement at its most blatant.

>It's yet another throwback, less to the 1990s heyday of Pokemon than to the 1980s heyday of Hollywood pop gimmickry. The main template appears to be Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, another zany mystery with a cast mingling humans and animated figures.

>No human of a certain age, even with the credentials that (Bill) Nighy possesses, can utter the word "Pokémon" without it sounding a little embarrassing.

>This one just feels like a venal money grab from a mega corporation. You've played Pokémon Go, right? Call this one Pokémon Don't Go.

>Your feelings about "Pokemon: Detective Pikachu" probably hinge on if you can tell a Squirtle from a Bulbasaur. No? Then you might not care one Jigglypuff.

You read these reviews and tell me it's not just confused or angry boomers.

Any gen 8?

So I guess everyone got the same pikachu?

Attached: F750E613-1066-43DB-9925-A11543832D41.jpg (960x1280, 241K)

> AMA
How much are you being paid? You sound shilly

Yes, every pack has that promo Pikachu and it's exclusive to the theater packs. The other is a regular random common card from the Detective Pikachu miniset.

Yeah that one seems to be in every pack with the other card being random. I got fucking Morelull. Apparently they have GX cards of Mewtwo, Charizard and Greninja.

No.

The promo pamphlet that came with mine had another variation in there too. Not sure if it was a possible draw though.

I got Magikarp, fucking kill me.

>Literally spoiling the entire film
Yeah I'm getting paid alright.

nope

There's a trainer who looks like Red. He's shown competing in a tournament (something like the anime's pokémon league)

Mewtwo is said to have escaped from Kanto years ago

I think those are the only references

>See sign that said hex
>No live action hex
Why must they toy with my heart?

Attached: 1532107379560.png (800x800, 280K)

stop talking to yourself cringelord

The website says they sell the promo cards in four-packs at stores with different stores having one exclusive. Cards 11 through 18 are movie exclusive.

It just sounds like people who have their own reasons for disliking the movie. And I assume there is more to all those reviews outside the blurbs you posted. Most of them just seem like they thought the film was soulless, I don't really see the problem with thinking this? They are confused because they didn't eat it up?

>No human of a certain age, even with the credentials that (Bill) Nighy possesses, can utter the word "Pokémon" without it sounding a little embarrassing.
Is the only one that sounds like they are just spiteful.

>Your feelings about "Pokemon: Detective Pikachu" probably hinge on if you can tell a Squirtle from a Bulbasaur. No? Then you might not care one Jigglypuff.
This one MAYBE is confused slightly.

The GX cards for this set are all promos that only come in specific products, you can't pull them from the theater packs or the regular 4 card packs. For Greninja it's a 25 dollar "case file" fox, for Charizard and Mewtwo, there's 20 dollar "case file" boxes or 20 dollar Walmart exclusive tins. That's USA info, don't know about other countries but if you just want the GX cards, buy them as singles through a 3rd party sellers.
There's a bunch of different versions of Detective Pikachu cards, but the theater packs are all guaranteed to have that specific "coffee break" SM190 promo.

>literally making a whole thread for something not even video games so you can answer questions about a movie you like way too much
>even using a trip
I don't know man, walks like a duck quacks like a duck etc etc.

i'm really dissapointed in the pokemon choice reading this thread, they really pussied out on all the interesting choices and just stuck to kanto, it seems

I'd be impressed if Legendary paid someone to dump the entire film's plot like I did here:

Don't know where you're getting that info but that's incorrect unless you're talking about Japanese cards or something. All promos are numbered as SM promos, not as part of the 18 cards in the set. The 18 cards in the regular set can all be obtained from the regular 4 card packs available in the different Detective Pikachu products. The only movie exclusive card is the Detective Pikachu SM190 promo with the "coffee break" attack.

Are the cards only for this week? Because I'd like to get those Charmander and Pikachu cards.

There was an interview with Ryan Reynolds where the dumb bitch who was interviewing him tried to “hide a spoiler” with a question except the fucking question was the spoiler

“Has there been any other roles where you played a dad” aka spoiling that Ryan is Tim’s dad

What a dumb bitch, if I remember correctly, It was a detective pilachu interview with the title being “Ryan Reynolds doesn’t let his children watch Deadpool” or something like that

While supplies last, to my knowledge.

They sound out of touch, is all. Like they are confused that Pokemon has been a brand for over 2 decades

any of the regis?

They're "while supplies last", so it depends entirely on your local theaters. Neither will be expensive to pick up secondhand though, especially the Charmander because it's just a regular common from the set.

Attached: charm.png (525x170, 39K)

Did you ave sex with your gf/wife after you got back home?
You don't have to answer if you're uncomfortable

LOOK OP KEEPS SUCKING COCKS

Yes, I don't know what it is about Pokemon that absolutely stumps certain boomers but it's evidently confusing as all hell to them no matter how much time goes by.

I've never understood the 'cash grab" meme, isn't every movie technically a cash grab. Even if the director or whoever puts their heart into it and shit, the end goal is still putting the product out to the public and making money.

No.

Not immediately, but maybe later.

God I wish.

Yes. Any film critic who calls anything a cash grab is a retarded hypocrite with how shit Hollywood is now.

No, Pokemon isn't exactly an aphrodisiac for us.

you went to see a pokemon movie alone?

No.

Non-spoiler review from someone who played teh game:

Pros:
>Fight scenes were flashy and entertaining for the most part
>When the movie isn't pushing plot, and is just being itself with the Pokémon, it feels really natural and well paced
>Follows the basic beats of the game somewhat well
>While most of the soundtrack is very barebones and one-trick, one of the common tracks is low-key chiptune sound to it that REALLY works well and made me want a lot more of it
>Lucy is exceptionally cute as a character
>Unlike the game, it actually follows through on its twist ending, no longer leaving that unsatisfied "I know the twist, but the game is still playing hard-to-get" feeling.

Cons:
>It tries to follow the beats of the game too well to it's own hampering, which ruins the pacing a bit and makes it feel rushed
>When it IS following the beats, the interactions between people and Pokémon feel forced
>Feels like it has much more to do with the anime than the actual games, which is not good for it
>Misses its target audience by a wide margin. It's trying to appeal to children and adults, but focuses mainly on the children. The plot is far too serious in tone to appeal to kids, and the serious tone is far too childish to appeal to adults
>Actually makes the ending way more bizarre in tone than the video game, despite the fact it keeps the "twist" from the game in tact
>Ryan Reynolds is horribly underutilized as an asset
>Almost ALL of the good scenes were shown in the trailers
>All of THOSE scenes are incredibly front loaded in the movie. I honestly didn't feel like I was watching a new movie until roughly about an hour in.
>It's honestly not that the movie is bad, but rather more like it does okay, but could have done way better and still needed correction. It's like being an English teacher reading your middle-schooler student's essay.
>Justice Smith's acting is likewise underwhemling. He feels too stiff in most scenes.

Final Grade: C

My gf said she was tired and didn't feel like fucking when I got home. She said she invited a friend and they played a lot while I was away so she was tired.

It's especially funny being applied here because it's obvious the staff really put some effort into making it a Pokemon movie not just a movie with Pokemon, like all of the background stuff and references and world building and so on really point to that, but of course, it'd go straight over this boomer's head.

Pikachu

>She said she invited a friend and they played a lot while I was away so she was tired.
user...I...

Oh, but I was wondering if there was a TCGOnline code with them since I play the game mostly via that application than physically.

Still, the physical cards would be nice to have on my work-desk as a decoration.

Incineroar in it at all?
Hawlucha?

>Villain puts his mind inside of Mewtwo's body
>He starts talking with his mouth instead of using telepathy

It looked so wrong.

Attached: quill me.png (225x259, 142K)

I got magikarp

Attached: 20190509_225736.jpg (4032x3024, 3.66M)

that green thing looks fucking retarded

nope, none of them

Hmm, I might have to actually go see this lads..

No and no.

No code card from the theater packs. You do get one from the regular 4 card packs.

>Does Ash exist in this universe?

I hope not. They will probably make him half black / half Hispanic refugee from Wakanda

Attached: 1544232900936.jpg (511x671, 41K)

Nah, he'd already be poc, there wouldn't be any SJW points for doing that.

>heal 30
low tier god? wtf that can't be playable right?

Why aren't you on Yea Forums?

based retard

How much screen time does Gengar get?

Sounds like this doesn't have anywhere near as much pokemon as it should've. Was the trailer misleading? Also what about plusle/minun?

Besides Mewtwo. Any legendaries?

Pokemon TCG has insane power creep, none of the Detective Pikachu cards are really viable.

Attached: ReshiramCharizardGXUnbrokenBonds20 (1).jpg (747x1044, 1.11M)

>Almost ALL of the good scenes were shown in the trailers
Damn that's pretty sad

Probably 10-15 seconds. It's over the course of a minute or two, spliced up.

It did have quite a bit, they just started reusing halfway through. Pretty much all the Pokemon are seen for the first time in the first 10 minutes. And no to both of them.

Just cameos like statues and posters, no actual ones.

Why can he understand Pikachu but no one else can? How does Pikachu know English?

I also just came back from the premiere. It was pretty good. I got a magikarp card.

There was a white man child sitting next to me. He kept giving really short but loud laughs. Like HA! and then he would go quiet.

Does anyone actually still play pokemon/yugioh?

My memory must be faulty, but

>Near the start of the movie it's mentioned that they recently uncovered remains of an ancient Mew in Ryme City
>It makes the viewer think that Mewtwo was cloned from that Mew
>Turns out Mewtwo was created years ago in Kanto and it's unrelated to the Mew stuff in Ryme City

Attached: rustled.jpg (333x500, 76K)

I meant in a little cup type scenario, I feel like healing 30 is going to dominate lc unless there's something already better

Pikachu is Tim's dad. It's the only reason why Tim can understand him

Mewtwo saved Tim's dad's life by merging him with Pikachu, which wiped Pikachu's memory and caused him to seek out any clue as to who he was, which is how he met Tim.

Honestly it's never explained why he can understand him though. Tim assumes it's because of the R-gas he breathes in, but no one else can understand Pokemon after they breathe it. Seeing as how he can't understand Pikachu after he and his dad split, it's probably just Mewtwo's power.

Just ran into someone the other day at the mental health facility I attend who still plays yu gi oh and was lugging the cards around with him and everything
They are still printing cards for both, so I assume people play them. Or at least, collect them

Maybe if you're holding some weird tournament with your friends, but the only two sanctioned formats that see any real play are Standard and Expanded.

Yea Forums has too many cunny posters and is filled with marvel and GoT

yes, card shops are still a thing and many of them tend to host events or at least have tables out for autists to use to play on

Goblino MC bothered me a lot less than he did in the trailers. Also, Pikachu was fluffy as fuck, I want a plushy now.

Yugioh is the top-selling TCG in the world, it's still widely played. Pokemon TCG has always been an underdog but has a dedicated and loyal playerbase. The mechanics don't ever ramp up to the levels of power creep Magic or Yugioh has anyway so it's never really too complex to pick up.

Glad he was okay because he's insufferable in Fallen Kingdom

Yes Tim is a mutt.

So what the fuck will the sequel be about?

The fuck? How is Magic not the top selling one?

Detective Cubone

He was kinda grating at the beginning when he was all FUCK POKEMON AND FUCK DAD but he gets better I guess.

Since the "detective pikachu" no longer exists, I guess it won't get any sequels

They already said they plan to make a movie about Mewtwo and then a movie based on Red/Blue, so there's that.

Why are you jumping on this anons dick just because he likes a movie? So what, he likes a thing you dont, no need to get autistic over it

No idea, but I really hope they drop Tim and his family and just use the world they've built for another story. Ryme City is a great setting for movies that they can do a lot more with than just Buddy Cop movie.

OP is saying 'no' to literally everything not already confirmed, you morons.

Ditto is revealed very early in the movie but in no way alludes to it being evil

Unless your little cup bans trainer cards, why the fuck would anyone give up their attack to heal for 30 instead of using a potion?

Does Pikachu electrocute anyone?
Are there good pokemon battles in the film?

Yes. And no, not really IMO. It's not really a film about battlin' mons.

Yeah Magikarp bros.

yeah, Yea Forums knows how to doxx... all they know what to do now is taking hormone pills to be trannies

he shocks tim once by accident, it's just a tiny shock though

the battles are boring and pale in comparirson to the anime's battles

I never had pokemon cards as a kid, but loved my friend's set. My kids, however, love to play with them like the McD's sets you can get with a happy meal. What's the cheapest way to get some knockoff but recognizeable GEN 1 pokemon cards?

Thanks in advance niggers. And if this post doesn't get any useful replies, fuck you niigers.

Too expensive maybe? Don't know.

I suspect there are people here overrating it. And because I fucked your mom last night, faggot

You don't need knockoffs. Aside from true rarities like first edition Charizard and shadowless cards, you can still pick up base set cards for cheap. Just buy some bulk lots on ebay or the like. If you don't mind reprints, there's also a not too old set called Evolutions that's mostly modern reprints of old cards.

Hmm, Pokemon fans like the Pokemon movie more than random normies would, I wonder why. Guess we gotta get Detective Pikachu on the case, it's such a mystery.

The apartment complex where Tim's dad lives has a neon sign saying "OAK" on it.
Easy to miss since it's in that retarded font they made for the movie.

Well go see it yourself and find out, and be a gentleman and take my mom with, faggot

>you will never give Psyduck a foot message

It's not fair bros.

>like movie
>any one who doesn't is just a out of touch boomer
You can see how someone might start to think someone is a retarded fanboy, yeah? The 'jumping on anons dick'
thing goes both ways.

Nice try, I'm not paying to see this shit.

So you think stuff like is legit criticism?

I'm surprised there's so much English, but I guess there's nothing to be done about it. They're not about to go that far for a film like this, I guess.

Strictly speaking, written English doesn't really exist in the Pokemon world. Instead, it uses some made up written language that doesn't seem to have any connection to real-world ones. That's why no one in the games can actually read Unown glyphs, because it doesn't correspond to a language that they know.

I suppose you're right, but why the hell would they write all the fucking signs in a language the audience can't read?

See

Shit man thanks for the info, but I'm looking for Gen 1 specifically, maybe into gen 2.

Is there anywhere you can buy gen 1 MASTER RACE cards, or will I end up sorting through generalized bulk packs to make what I want?

Was zangoose in it?

Can you stop getting so defensive over a Pokemon film? We get it, you liked it. Fuck off.

nope, no zangoose

Not him but
>posts a piece of 5 reviews when there are 133
I'm sure not every single negative/rotten review are people who are "confused boomer". The point is assuming everyone who dislikes the film is just a out of touch boomer is silly. Jesus Christ, you'd think Warner Bros was paying some of you.

Where did I say everyone who hated the film was a confused boomer? I said the RT score was bogged down from boomers who didn't care about the series. It's been hovering around a 70% for the past week, right around where I rated it.

Try typing in vintage or wotc lots. Or you just could buy singles, but watch your shipping prices.

Personally the fact it differed from the game was actually a welcome change for me. The characters in the 3DS game were hellah boring in my opinion and the last act was surprisingly weak despite the reveals. If they have just done the same third act in the movie it'd have had zero impact so i welcomed the left turn to crazy it took.

but that's just me.

You don't need to 'care about the series' to give you opinions on it. What part of this is hard for you to comprehend. You don't have to be a pokemon fan to be able to judge a film on its own merits. The film should be able to be entertaining and enjoyable without needing to only cater to diehard fans. You just sound like someone who can't handle the idea someone didn't like the film you apparently loved.

You are invalidating reviews based on the fact they disagree with you. Not to mention cherrypicking like hell.

No, but a Pokemon fan is obviously going to be more inclined to like the movie.

>Personally the fact it differed from the game was actually a welcome change for me.
Actually, the main problem I found with it is it changed up a lot, but then still tried to follow the basic beats. If the movie had just kept changing up a lot more and gone a little further, I think it could have been way better.

That, and it just needed to be way, WAY more into the battles to be frank. They should have gotten a fight choreographer or something.

Archive this thread already and stop giving OP (you)s

Attached: 1c8.jpg (938x1011, 104K)

>still being defensive over his film
You are SURE you are not being paid son?

Thanks man. I looked up original and got a bulk lot, (WOTC Gen1/2) listing which is pretty much what I wanted for my dudes. Thanks for your help again, I'm buying something off of Ebay, which I haven't done since my grandpa tried to sell his General MacArthur records.

Seriously, thanks for your help mate. My kids will have a damned good time with some of those cards. The set I saw was an 80 pack, and they won't get all of those cards at once. Maybe a school graduation/birthday/Christmas deal.

>It's trying to appeal to children and adults, but focuses mainly on the children. The p
He exists in the game universe. There's a cheeky scene VERY early on where D.Pika is talking to a Pikachu, and it's heavily implied that it's Ash's.

Mudkip line?

Get fucked nigger. We've had a bunch of pokemon animated films and this is the first live action film to come out, ever.

It's expected that imageboard fags like us will shit on it, but when the critics give it a seventy-ish review, it's shit. You can suck my cock and balls for defending what looks to be a meaningless cashgrab for a series that a bunch of people have loved from the start.
Suck my dick, nigger.

It was boring. Don't listen to the retarded fanboys
It kind of did the pokemon series justice, but they had all the chance to do much more and it felt like they were either scared, lazy, or a mix of both to be able to do so.

Attached: 1553498411629.jpg (1280x720, 77K)

Based

psst, user. these are movie reviews, not games. 7/10 is actually decent for a movie, not garbage like a game.

very smooth brained post

>le cash grab meme
Oh you mean like every movie ever released in a theaters?
You haven't even seen it, that's the funniest part of this all

It's just my opinion, you're free to suck the movies dick like many in the thread

Hypno or Drowzee?

Any of the Abra line?

Attached: IMG-2669.png (1200x1200, 56K)

very smooth brained reply
unga bunga me reply with muh opinion
haha! bet you can't count the amount of folds in your brain because there are none!

30 cents has been deposited into your account. Thank You.
-Warner Bros Inc.

Thank you for copying and pasting the email you received from Warner Bros in your inbox, now you're only 30 cents closer for that brain surgery!

30 more cents has been deposited into your account. Thank You!
-Warner Bros Inc

>say the movie is boring, bland and could have been much more
>lol bet warner bros is paying him
Not too bright, are we.

If your pokemon isnt gen 1 90% it is not in. Stop spamming this shit thread.

Who said anything about paying?

Attached: 11chacha.com_.jpg (600x400, 63K)

Videogame movies isn't videogames. Take it to Yea Forums

Wow! A whopping 60 cents for that brain surgery! Good on you user! Maybe if you keep replying, Warner Bros will pay you double!
Us smooth brainers have it rough, we gotta stick together.

>being worth my hard drive space
Please nigga.

$1.00 has been deposited into your account, Thank You!

Smart user

magicfags are just really loud

this is the most reddit thread ive seen all day and it got 300 replies

Yeah, the movie just came out and even if they don't want to go pay to see it, people are naturally curious about the first live action Pokemon film.

is it weird if a grown man sees this movie alone?
i'm scared of being labeled a pedophile and i haven't seen a pokemon movie in theaters since pokemon 2000

Attached: kbrad.jpg (384x480, 14K)

No, there are plenty of nostgic 90s kids going to see this thing. I'd still try to hit up the latest showing your local theater offers on a week night though just to avoid as many kiddos as possible.

Japan on top of it doing wellish enough in the west. Meanwhile the east barely gives a shit about MTG.

So they spoiled every pokemon that appears uh?
0 surprises sucks

Go if you have free time and are not working on any week day before 3-4pm. Because most parents are at work and underagers are at school
You underestimate how late kids stay up. Go to any theater at night when a hit movie has just been released and youll see what i mean

Feraligatr was on a poster. It's pretty missable but it was in Tim's room.

It's also a cool throwback because it's actually old TCG art from the HGSS era.

Attached: HS1_Mind_Flood_Deck.jpg (540x993, 278K)

Dammit I was hoping Decidueye would show up somewhere.

Dang, based detail. Whoever added that in the set, props.

>caring this much what other people think

Stop being a faggot and letting your anxiety tell you lies. No one cares what you do unless it affects them

>Audino
Fuck yeah

Brainlet. Pedophile awareness is at an all time high.

Never ever owlcucks

>muh pedo boogieman

Pedo awareness has always been high. Someone would think you to be an Autisic manchild first for seeing this movie alone, if anything at all

Dont worry people your favs will get a chance to cameo in the sequel. Wait a few more years

Tim's actor started the Totodile line are his favorite pokemon, so he's likely the only reason the line showed up in cameos.

t. reddit pedo, nice reddit spacing btw. Also kek you contradicted your own statement that no one would give a shit about a grown ass man watching a kids movie alone.

Could be, but did Furfrou appear? The white chick said her fav was Furfrou.

Youre doing well farming for (You)s

As far as I know it didn’t, at least not as a 3D model, not sure if there was an obscure cameo somewhere in the movie

Honestly, I went to a 6:45 screening and nearly everyone was late 20s early 30s. There were maybe 4 kids in the audience and the adults they were with looked to be in about that age range.

Is my nigga Duskull in there?

Figures. Kids dont care as much since it's not Disney or Capes.

Lemme guess. Buizel or Furret never appears in it?

It was also not going to let out until after 9PM on a school night. I'd be willing to bet the friday/saturday/sunday shows would have a higher concentration of kids.

The pokemon that do appear in it often appear multiple times, there's one scene at the end where there's like 10 Sneasel on screen at once.

This, it's a school night. You also gotta take into account kids can't automatically go on opening night, it's whenever mommy is free to take them.

I recognize the hair position and all that empty space, you fucking perv.

Go away bui

I don't think they ever specifically stated whether or not the Mewtwo was or wasn't from Kanto, IIRC. It's possible that it's the original Mewtwo but it might have been a second one, similar to how the Mewtwo in the Genesect movie was a different Mewtwo that was created by Team Plasma.

>Credits show all the major characters in Sugimori's artstyle
>they all look SO MUCH FUCKING BETTER
Why couldn't this movie have been animated?

Live action draws in the reddit so'y and kiddies

No, they did directly state the Mewtwo came from a lab in Kanto. Now, whether it's the original movie Mewtwo, a video game Mewtwo or some other Mewtwo, that's up in the air.

I wish I could kill everyone who likes live action adaptations of traditionally animated properties off in a bunch of hellfire and brimstone so we can get good animated features again. This movie would've been AMAZING if it had the same cast but was just animated instead of live action.

Attached: 1545372409095.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

Kanto? More like kannot

Blame the ADHD and severe lowering of attention span and IQ within the past decade.

Bidoof?

Snivy line?

Attached: snivy4.jpg (464x454, 42K)

Well I guess I'm ok with Sneasel

No just treeko and bulbasaur
Also no pokerap

The Mewtwo in this movie is odd. It seems to be hostile and hate humanity, but only gains a heart and fondness for humans when Tim's Father's Pikachu shows a bond between human and Pokemon giving it the change of heart. Before that, it's basically clear the Mewtwo was a human hater meaning the First Movie plot never happened in this universe. All they say is it was captured in the Kanto region where it escaped from a lab 20 years ago.

Fug
Oh well

I can think of only one Pokemon I saw in it that wasn't spoiled by a trailer. That really bugged me too.

Don't get too excited, every pokemon that isn't Pikachu, Psyduck or on a card doesn't actually do a fucking thing in the movie.

MtG is still very popular in Japan, but that's it's only foothold in the east.

why would it contain references to gen 8? hell there's a reason only few gen 7 mons are here - this has been in development for years

this is literally the first time I've ever seen someone use a name for their posts for a purpose other than just being a tripfag. Props for that

It's what tripcodes are created for in the first fucking place.

no that faggot got it wrong, it only said it's the same Mewtwo from Kanto. Nothing references the movie (remember, Mewtwo was also an experimental mon in RBY)

while that is in the game, it's not in the movie

>This is a BASIC POKÉMON
Fuck, I remember back in my day Hitmonchan was broken OP being a Basic Pokémon with 70 hp and a one-energy 20 hp attack and three energy 40 hp attack...

why should background pokemon do anything

I liked how Magikarp evolved after Pikachu kicked it, nice callback to James kicking pokemon and evolving it in the first season of the anime.

>all these assumptions that Mewtwo HAS to be the one from the anime because he escaped from a lab in Kanto
Did any of you even play the games? His Red/Blue Pokedex entry says that he was manmade and you can go to the burned down lab at Cinnabar Island where he was created and find diary entries about it. It's a game reference, not anime.

You can't prove that, it could be either or neither. There's nothing in the film that definitively proves what canon we're working with.

Also, I'm willing to bet the live action films will basically be their own canon and they just wanted to have the Kanto reference to continue to solidify this is the Pokemon world, not our world, and was not intended to tie it to another canon, be that games or anime.