This game is LITERALLY impossible on regular mode. It exceeds the limits of human reflexes

This game is LITERALLY impossible on regular mode. It exceeds the limits of human reflexes.

Attached: switch_end_title_simple.png (1920x1080, 367K)

Other urls found in this thread:

artovision3d.com/products/cuphead-cala-maria-shadowbox-art
youtube.com/watch?v=iADUWAYWLlk
youtube.com/watch?v=jA0WNCF_z48
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

When's the DLC coming out chad?

Attached: 1A5EF617-9564-4EE6-ABDD-2AC012BCAD1D.jpg (1019x1369, 234K)

i beat it and im a pleb, its difficulty is fine

but FUCK THAT STUPID ROBOT TOOK ME LIKE 3 DAYS

It's the kind of game that requires the autism of a speedrunnging, spending hundreds upon hundreds of hours replaying every boss 30+ times to develop the muscle memory to execute everything perfectly.

lol no, i just beat it this week on switch no less. Now expert mode, that's a challenge. Fucking cagney carnation took me like an hour to beat him on S rank

and that's why they added an easy mode, silly user

Here's a tip to make it a little easier git gud

Did you have trouble with the tutorial?

Attached: 86 seconds that will make you want to 86 yourself.webm (800x450, 2.86M)

[Spoiler]That fucking robot was the goddamn bane of my existence.[/spoiler]

>This is the level of skill somebody who is telling you if you should buy a game has.

Go play Sonic or Mario if you want an easy 2D sidescroller.

It is, and I have never beaten it. But I'm still glad I gave the dev money because everything about the game is a wonder in this day and age both Yea Forums and Yea Forums wise, and they deserve it.

Turn on keyboard shortcuts in [Settings]
Ctrl+S

Sonic/Mario are more fun and better designed games in every possible way.

hit ctrl + S next time user

I played it with a friend while we were drunk and had an absolute blast. I feel like maybe you're just shitty.

Why does everyone go into the game and try and play it like a platformer when you should be playing it like Contra?

Click his post number to link to him so he knows you replied to him.

its really not that hard. user.

But I beat it.

I'm genuinely bad at video games and I S-ranked every boss on expert mode

it just takes patience and perseverance

>t. vídeo games journalist

this, once you know all their moves, it's piss easy. That's why patience is key, because you can't learn a boss's next form moves until you perfect its first form

>professional journalist that gets paid to be stupider than a bird

Attached: 1504759488753.webm (640x360, 2.32M)

>calling people stupid
>using the word "stupider"
also birds are smart

Only took me about 24 hours (not in a row, over a week) to beat it and I know for a fact I'm not autistic.

Been months and I still can’t beat the dragon

>peashooter, homing bullets, super 1, autoparry
there now you can beat him

Contra is another poorly designed game that requires autism to beat. That's why 99.9% of people used the konami code back in those days.

stupider is a word

just because you think it sounds dumb, doesn't change that

I've been trying to S Rank every boss, now every boss battle in regular difficulty is an absolute joke.

Attached: 20190503_173721.jpg (4032x3024, 3.59M)

Yeah so like I said

step yo game up

Attached: 200% Nigga.png (1189x342, 429K)

>he uses anything other than the normal p-shooter and first super
Pathetic.

Attached: 2 babys 1 cup.jpg (202x300, 15K)

Did you get yours yet?

artovision3d.com/products/cuphead-cala-maria-shadowbox-art

Attached: cuphead_calamaria.jpg (1200x1200, 137K)

because they're retards for not paying attention to the development of the game. mdhr made it very clear which games were direct inspirations.

>not using the third super that actually requires skill to use effectively

Lol no

Don't listen to Use lobber in first 2 phases. racks up damage without having to aim much. By phase 3 switch to Charge Shot for precise hits. and use Invincible Super

In all seriousness, the base game is moderate but not that bad. Even the expert mode is alright. S-ranking, though. Fuck that noise. Doing the fight perfectly is not enough, no, you gotta be fast, parry 3 times, let your super meter build enough, like holy shit what the fuck? So much bullshit.

is it even that good? I beat the game without ever using it

The Robot is definitely in the top three hardest bosses, but at least the hard part is in the first phase. Once you get that phase down you pretty much win in one to two attempts. Meanwhile some bosses like the flower or the dragon you basically just have to spend a few minutes doing something slow and easy until the actual challenging part.

Nigger it only took me 12 hours my first playthrough, and 6 on the second one over a year later

your results may vary on the bosses

I mean that works too, but that's how I beat it and it didn't take that long

THIS IS THE GREATEST THING Yea Forums HAS ADDED SINCE INLINE REPLIES

But peashooter is the best weapon. Fuck everything else. Everything else sucks.

If it hasn't been delayed, it will definitely have a release date announced at E3

imagine thinking this game is hard...

Attached: the dragon.png (840x630, 22K)

>those eyes

The homing shot is useful with auto-parry on some of the harder fights because it lets you just shoot continuously and only worry about jumping. It's definitely a cheese strat though.

Seriously
How bad at videogames do you have to be

ex homing is surprisingly useful on bosses where there's a bunch of fodder.

youtube.com/watch?v=iADUWAYWLlk
Thoughts?

Super 1 is better in most situations, 3 is for overhead bosses like King Dice.

I get the feeling that the only thing that makes the game somewhat "hard" is the fact that there's so much movement to identify properly the projectiles. Half of the times I died in the game were exclusively because "I didn't see that".

But the style is worth it, so I don't care.

Attached: spurdo spin.gif (498x466, 796K)

I used the boomerang gun and invisibility but it still took me for ever. Honestly after the dragon the only boss that gave me trouble was Dr Wiley

Am I the only one who thought Cuphead was just tedious and boring? Made it all the way to King Dice but just couldn't finish the game because it's just... bad. Play a boss until you memorize their moveset and then beat it with ease, wash rinse repeat. I really don't see what people like about it.

Attached: 1551400339701.jpg (1368x2048, 280K)

>chad almost choked someone to death
BASED

This was my experience. I didn't get a rush or sense of accomplishment when beating a boss. It was more "thank fuck I don't have to do that ever again." By world 3 I was just gritting my teeth waiting for it to be over.
Still worth it for the animation

I was only able to beat it cause the game glitched and it never went to its last phase

you can say that about any game, jimmy neutron. fucking mensa member over here.

>Still worth it for the animation
See that's the thing, it's really not. You can just watch a video on youtube for that, or even better just download some actual old cartoons. I don't see the point in playing a bad game just to watch it be played.

This. The visual style is way too busy. It works well for old cartoons, but it's shit for a video game.

I used charge shot for everything and have no regrets

Attached: 1518652422081.gif (400x437, 754K)

>Made it all the way to King Dice
you gave up there? the devil is the only boss after him

I’m playing through the game for the first time right now actually and I just beat the dragon last night. Was going full tilt dying over and over. I could make it through phases 1 and 2 perfectly (mostly) but couldn’t beat phase 3

Then I switched my second weapon to charge shot and beat it in three tries. Charge shot really is broken

I fear trying to perfect that one when I go back to do it. Then again, it only took me a night to beat it..

>every single game is about restarting the exact same 10 minutes ad nauseam until you memorize boss patterns and nothing else
Yeah I remember how I played the exact same day 15 times in a row in Rune Factory, and how I couldn't get past the first few levels of Portal until I memorized all of them.

HE HAS
THE RIGHT DEGREE

FOR THE JOB

>Thicc mugman

Attached: Alucard bullet.jpg (700x525, 71K)

The random frame drops and stutters on the switch make this game frustrating as fuck. Why can't the switch run a 2d game at full speed?

It's less that I gave up and more that I just didn't care about beating the game. It just wasn't fun for me, but I wanted to give it an honest try so I did. I figured that at some point I'd see what all the fuss was about.

It's not about reflexes, it's about knowing the patterns and being in the right place.

Hey guys whats happening in this thread?

Attached: cunt.jpg (263x192, 13K)

>he played on simple

Attached: 1507180873841.png (757x778, 527K)

Why are the 2 Megaman bosses the biggest bastards?

It was a good game, but the boss rush shit was dumb. It unironically needed like 5 stages then a boss. I liked the stages way more then the boss levels, and the game would have been a perfect 10/10 if they had like 5 stages then a boss, rinse and repeat. That woulda been 10/10

>Play a boss until you memorize their moveset and then beat it with ease, wash rinse repeat
That's literally every game ever made you mouth-breathing Pokemon-playing retard.

I'm above human then.

Attached: 1511211995305.png (1600x2000, 1.48M)

>That's literally every game ever made
>immediately lists a game where that isn't the case

>memorize
And here I thought the thing people shat on Cuphead for the most was its RNG

>game is about collecting the souls of cartoon characters for the devil
>think “that’s actually kinda macabre if you think about it”
>get to the dragon
>finally beat the dragon
BURN IN HELL YOU PIECE OF SHIT

>wipe literally every boss ez pz
>get to the dragon
>it fucks me hard
The bee was only hard because her final stage with the stupid ass broken saw attack.

I'm stuck on the robot, but you seriously need to git gud, man.

I beat the entire game in 7 hours, and still felt like it took me longer than an average player should be able to.

Attached: IMG_20190509_142651.jpg (640x960, 49K)

>the bee
I don't know how I did so much damage, but I bypassed that form entirely.

>2
Dragon and...?

>retard trying to be smart with his technicality shit
stupider is absolutely a word you dumb cunt

your favorite game is tedious and boring. i couldn't finish it because it was just...bad. you just do what the game expects you to do and than beat it with ease, wash rinse repeat. i really don't see what people like about it.

>play enough to memorize
So like 1 time at most? Or are you claiming you died multiple times to every boss?

Nah, the stages sucked, the bosses were all great.

so much words and yet you say absolutely nothing

Crows are smart. That's not a crow.

don't quit your day job, hamsterson

>Nah, the stages sucked, the bosses were all great.
I don't get this mindset. Hate to sound like a shill but the stages mostly had good precise platforming with unique gimmicks and themes. The Octopus segment in Perilous Pier was inventive. for content that the devs admitted they threw in at the last second they weren't half bad.

Attached: Abe,_1.jpg (1245x1453, 227K)

Not him but I just like the bosses better. Maybe that’s to be expected if they were thrown in last second tho

The last phase is the difficult part for me. I can go the first two phases without getting hit most of the time, but I'm just terrible at bullet hell games.

>bullet hell
nigga it's just a shoot 'em up

Attached: 1507171554964.png (446x750, 323K)

this is bullet hell

Attached: Screen-Shot-2014-01-31-at-5.09.43-PM.png (578x451, 671K)

>game comes out
>”Eh it’s got a neat style but I dono if it’s for me”
>play it recently over at my friend’s place a week or so ago
>buy it and playing it now
Damn, I really missed out on the threads and funfare when this came out

Delicious Last Course is coming, there will be more Cuphead threads like that when it's out

t. game journalist

You weren't alive during the 90s.

>There are secret boss routes for 3 bosses that make the fights that extra bit harder.
I never knew this

Cheers

Hopefully it’s soon. Although maybe not too soon. I want them to take their time

Come on bruh, if DSP could do it so can anybody.

that was cut content that was only added recently

git gud

Attached: Hard.jpg (1058x1402, 855K)

Ah, makes sense. Still neat though

I've been here long enough to realize there are anons that know less about the industry than journos and are worse at vidya than journos.

The dragon wasn't hard, the bee has me a little stumped because I can't keep up with the platforms while avoiding all her shit though.

I tried it on my bone. It was pretty difficult, but I think I was struggling with the shitty controllers Xboxes have. I noticing playing Volgarr on Xbox was a lot harder than on Steam.

>had the same problem with hollow knight on switch
>re-bought it on PC
>using wired PS1 controller
>using 144hz monitor
>suddenly so good at Hollow Knight playing and beating modded bosses

I'm re-buying Cuphead on the PC soon, and I have a feeling I'm not going to have any problems with it now.

Attached: 1543511964649.png (546x458, 275K)

PHYSICAL RELEASE FOR SWITCH WHEN AAAAAAAAAAAA IM RESISTING SO HARD BUYING THIS DIGITALLY

Attached: 1555474279183.gif (2033x1548, 856K)

I wish I could had bought physical so I could at least sell this piece of shit game.

I personally found Dr. Kahl's Robot easier than Cala Maria the first time around.

Wait. The bird has wings. Why didn't it just fly to the chip?

Obligatory

youtube.com/watch?v=jA0WNCF_z48

1. It's wings are clipped
2. the space it has available in that tiny ass box isn't enough to take flight
No seriously, watch a bird take flight and look at how much it moves before it properly takes off. The pigeon would smash it's head into the wall

>Red Guy
Name a creature more perfect
pro tip: you can't

I A+'d everything and S ranked the first 3 bosses.

Game isn't difficult at all.

nerf charge shot

>collecting souls
nah, you only beat them up to collect their contract, after you beat the devil the cup bros burned their contracts and everybody (bosses) were there to cheer for the cup bros

>replaying every boss 30+ times
Is this your first run & gun game?

they already did retard

nerf it again

This game should only take about 5 hours to beat on your first playthrough. It's much easier than basically every game it draws inspiration from.

gunstar heroes is easier. even on expert, it's still easier than s-ranking cuphead.

We’ll sure that’s what happens in the end but your initial mission is to collect them

bee wasn't even hard for me, the robot was the hardest by far
also everyone seems to say devil is easier than king dice but I had a harder time with him. Devil took me like 15 tries where dice only like 3 or 4

>People don't enjoy the process of gitting gud
Nothing feels better than getting shit on in the beginning of a boss/R&G, and then eventually being able to perfect it.

Observation about Rumor Honeybottom

If you are on the right side of the Bee Bomb, one of the pink spikes will always go to the upper right. If you are to the left of the Bee bome, one of the pink spikes will always go left.

Anyone else pic up on little things like this?

I remapped everything save for jump/stand still to the bumpers/triggers. Default control scheme pissed me off.

no I didn't

but why are you typing like this?

it takes up so much unnecessary space

stop that

The homing boomerangs in the mountain level cheat and can follow you way past where they should.

what game?

This is also why true fighting game discussion here is rare.

Sorry. I'll try not to type like that anymore. Anyways it's just one of the few things I noticed about the bosses. Another thing is to how to exploit the dice so get what you want to land on. You have to jump on it once it shows the number AFTER the one you want. It should land on the number you want by the time you parry the dice.

You wouldn't listen a review from a bird

man that sucks

leave

An easy mode that cuts off fights before they get too hard and doesn't let you play the final stages, making it useless.

KEK
I fucking knew the release of it on the baby console would get some of these faggots. The salt isn't as good as when the game launched but fuck me this is great.
And I own a Switch for fuck's sake. But I plan to get it on PC.

Reflexes aren't even important in cup head, it's all memorization.

You gotta play it like a shmup. Simple as that. Thats an alien genre to most people. Most people just think of galaga or some mundane ass shit like that.

It's not new. They added the keyboard shortcuts to the inline extension many years ago.

This

You’re trashing the console by saying it’s for children and then right after admit people aren’t complaining as much as when it first came out on another platform?

this shit is easy modo compared to a real STG

That's because Pokemons doesn't have any gameplay. It's for literal kids and autismos.