Mania is an overrated piece of shit and Adventure 1+2 are way fucking better

mania is an overrated piece of shit and Adventure 1+2 are way fucking better.

Attached: sonicmania00_0.png (848x480, 535K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1pR09vRunXM
youtube.com/watch?v=9sT_l6LmnBA
youtube.com/watch?v=AY6WjFf0D6w
youtu.be/ujFppjcBHUU
youtu.be/A21lLjvfiLI
youtu.be/6wPufa3Xu0I
youtube.com/watch?v=4V1OGFeHb-M
youtube.com/watch?v=w62NuIjapfk
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/461175075/#461208515
youtube.com/watch?v=N2z2loXy_qw
youtu.be/wKdo5f5X_qc
youtube.com/watch?v=kLiUNxg8Gh4
youtube.com/watch?v=uRcR0v6I_w8
youtube.com/watch?v=OTWnxQD5_sw
youtube.com/watch?v=L_UmZI2Z3So
youtube.com/watch?v=TTGsywdwTQM
youtube.com/watch?v=acvicbVFZWU
youtube.com/watch?v=rkFuVDMyk1k
youtube.com/watch?v=fkxqV872_64
youtu.be/7tk1295iFD8
sonic.fandom.com/wiki/Sonic_Forces/Gallery
youtu.be/iM6qebS36IU
youtu.be/JEHBtq4xvS4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I disagree

i also disagree, also every 3d sonic game is shit anyways i dont get what you are trying to say

I disagree too

Sonicwunners

soulless npc faggots coming out in drones today.

t. zoomer

You forgot your wojak

Attached: 1553197596622.jpg (1917x765, 448K)

vocaroo.com/i/s1pR09vRunXM

go ahead and post the bullshit video that talks about how the game is good but it's still bad because it doesn't have sonic AIR customization

>vocaroo.com/i/s1pR09vRunXM
based. also fuck projared

fpbp

Just people with taste.

You wish you could.

Yeah, Mania is overrated, no argument there, but try actually playing the Adventure titles at some point. I think you may change your mind.

Attached: Doge Banana.jpg (616x720, 29K)

2d sonic >3d sonic you fucking retard

>Adventure is a downright atrocit-

Attached: Sonic Adventure 1.webm (720x576, 2.56M)

t.Holly

i wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole

objectively false you dumb nigger retard.

It's a solid 8/10 game
They NEED to have entirely original zones in the sequel. I know the Mania Team tried as hard as they could to make the returning zones feel unique (except for Hydrocity), but this nostalgia mandate shit is getting old, how many times do we have to play through Green Hill and Chemical Plant?

Attached: a2e.jpg (930x600, 112K)

This. OP needs to play sonic adventure again. Never grew up with it, but I heard so much praise from YouTube critics and Yea Forums so I decided to buy SA2 on PS3. You only spend like 1/5 of the fucking game playing as sonic and 50% of that is just holding forward. Any time you try to do anything other than go forward, the game breaks. Tails stages get boring and repetitive after the first one. Knuckles stages are god awful and so so boring. Would SA1 be the better choice for someone who just wants to play a fun sonic 3d platformer?

Incredible, you can exploit broken physics

>obkectively
I don't think you know what this word means.

>that extra life
They knew.

Careful OP. You'll wake up the classicfags.

I guess? SA1 has individual story modes, so you could just play as Sonic if you wanted to.

>Knuckles stages are god awful and so so boring
Kill yourself

But would you touch his 10 foot pole?

>it's always THIS webm when Adventure apologists try to say their game has good level design
>just this one secret 1UP in Speed Highway
Try something different kid

Theres nothing wrong with exploits if they make the game more fun

Why are you trying to start a shitflinging contest between Maniafags and Adventurefags? Both Taxman and Stealth have mentioned that they're fans of the Adventure games, or at least Adventure 1.

The baseline game isn't fun though

I think it's a good sequel to the original trilogy

go away ted

But it wasn't a trilogy?

terrible audio mixing

But would you jump off of a building?

>Ending a statement with a question mark
It is or isn't depending on if you're counting CD.

That's your wrong opinion you fucking retarded simian nigger monkey.

Just like SA2

You can't berate every fanbase for playing the first games of a series like pokemon. Gen 1 was legit broken beyond belief in many ways.

Mania is overrated by Classicucks but is still an amazing game. SA1 and SA2 are also kino.

Attached: Maleninja.png (453x558, 199K)

Sonic 3 & Knuckles has zero flaws, especially with Complete or A.I.R.

1. Speed Highway is probably the only good level in the entire game, save for Hot Shelter.
2. This webm doesn't address the most major criticisms against SA1

that's not an excuse for being incompetent

Try considering the fact that you two just might have shit taste

Give it a rest man

Attached: 1507561834924-vr.gif (556x314, 198K)

I grew up with the Genesis Sonics but, to be fair, when I first played SA1 at a Dreamcast kiosk in 1999 I was blown away. I had never seen graphics so fluid, so realistic in a game before.

Then I played the first level in the demo, got to the point where you're holding down up to avoid getting killed by a whale, and my enthusiasm quickly drained. I hate on-rails shit like that.

Later on a bought a Gamecube and played both SA 1 and 2 on it. Had a little fun with both but the controls and camera were always, always shit, and the Sonic stages were the only thing close to redeeming, aside from parts of the soundtrack. I am literally at a loss to understand how anyone could be at all nostalgic about the Sonic Adventure games unless they are literally the only games you had to play around the age of 6.

Not until each and every classicfag gives up and admits they're wrong and fucking retarded.

Attached: 1555981969748.png (918x1024, 764K)

Drop dash is by far the best and most intelligent addition to the series ever and I'm kind of baffled no one had thought of it before. Its made going back to the classic games a little tough

>Lets introduce a move that introduces the EXACT same problem boost has
>Into a 2D 'genesis' title
Yeah, as much of the rest of the game is absolutely flawless, I hate the drop dash for all the same reasons I don't like boost. Namely that it makes going fast past the point of too easy and is now completely trivialized, making the need to /actually keep momentum/ fairly null in void. With spin dash you had to kill all movement and rev it up to use it, which was a fair trade off. Dropping down while holding jump to go fast on landing in just about any scenario has no trade off.

>Drop dash is by far the best and most intelligent addition to the series ever
Classic niggers are straight up liars and easily impressionable.

Attached: ULlMVId.jpg (200x211, 6K)

Sonic Shuffle thread instead?

Attached: sonicshuffle.jpg (1423x1409, 832K)

time for a comfy sonic thread

WHO POSTED NUDES ON MY TWITTER DOT COM

Keep seething Adventurefags
Mania > 2 > 3&K > 1 > CD >>> Adventure 2 > Adventure 1

>get modern games for 20 years
>one single classic game comes out
>2 years later and modernbabs are still pissing themselves in a tantrum over it
The amount of salt this game has created among modernbabies is fucking unreal. The tears and hypocrisy and entitlement just pouring out like a broken hydrant. We get one single classic game after all this time and they act like the Sonic series belongs to them and was violated. They say all the time "just let people enjoy things" and "real Sonic fans should be accepting of Sonic in any form, they're all equal", but no, can't have this. Can't have a real Sonic game potentially displacing modern shit. All that talk was just bullshit so they wouldn't feel threatened by criticism, and now they're in panic mode because the world is being reminded of what Sonic was supposed to be and they have no argument.

Attached: 1408556560768.jpg (480x480, 53K)

Liking the Sonic Adventure series is just a meme, right? People don't actually like those games, right?

Attached: babble.png (223x451, 241K)

soon
youtube.com/watch?v=9sT_l6LmnBA

I liked Mania: It was plenty of fun to get good at, I even time trialed a little and managed to get a few decent spots on the leaderboards.
I like the Adventure games too, 1 more than 2 though: Feels more at home with what I think a Sonic game's about.

thought this was gonna be a ocean palace remix at first. that would have been kino

youtube.com/watch?v=AY6WjFf0D6w
No other zones rivals the intensity of this one in terms of OST. If only the GBA soundchip fucked a tiny bit less with it.

Liking the Sonic series is just a meme, right? People don't actually like those games, right?

Attached: 1551954708963.jpg (1280x1263, 258K)

>not teaming up with maniachads and pre-2010 (plus that one time in 2011) modernchads to stop the nu-sonic menace
Never gonna make it

Attached: it's over.png (1334x1334, 748K)

>muh fishing
>muh treasure hunting
>muh robot levels
Adventure games are overrated garbage that people only like for nostalgia over sonic/shadow levels.
/thread

Attached: 1557441161994.png (3000x1080, 1.69M)

>let's take a serious about momentum and change one of the mechanics so that it no longer halts momentum to use

I have no clue what you're going on about. Stopping to use the spin dash wasnt 'a trade off', it was an awkward compromise. It does nothing but maintain pace, and learning when and how to best use the drop dash is far more satisfying than the spin dash ever was

Sonic Team should make more robots
Everyone likes Sonic Robots. They range from mindlessly entertainment to wholesome & more well developed than the rest of the cast.
What's not to love?

Attached: Gmerl.png (208x328, 67K)

Shame the Gynoid stuff won't be used again.
Gmerl and Emerl are some of the coolest designs in the series. Having them copy abilities is super cool too. At least have Metal Sonic keep copying abilities like he did in Heroes.

I really like Adventure and Mania.
I think Adventure 1 is the best 3D Sonic has offered so far, and I think Mania is the best 2D Sonic has offered so far. What do you think about that?

I still think Emerl's core copy ability, management of ressources to create a moveset, mobility specs & healing abilities to progress further into a fighting game's story was perhaps the most ingenious idea ever put into a fighting game's single player, and certainly the most ambitious one.
Had it been tied to a more fleshed out title than Sonic Battle ( which is a fun game, mind you, but it's really not winning any FG award ), Sonic Battle could have been one of the best fighting games ever.

Attached: emerlcustom.png (674x501, 837K)

I do not see enough people talking about Sonic battle. I fucking loved this game

Adventure games are underrated.

Sonic Battle probably had the best representation of Chaos powers anywhere
Also the art style was amazing

Attached: shadow_battle.jpg (540x540, 62K)

based
youtu.be/ujFppjcBHUU
youtu.be/A21lLjvfiLI
youtu.be/6wPufa3Xu0I

>Sonic mania is overrated
I can respect that opinio-
>Sonic adventure 1 + 2 are better
OH NO NO NO AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

It's pretty alright, just suffers from padding throughout the story, and the last 2 fight in particular require heavy amount of cheese: They're not fair or that fun, though justifiable.

That's like comparing apples to oranges. The games are vastly different experiences.

kill yourself

3D>2D

"OH NO NO NO AAHAHAAA"
you sound so fucking autistic

Attached: tumblr_paa1gw1JxS1ridxauo3_1280.png (1280x720, 697K)

But he's right.

Mania is just nostalgiafaggotry "I clapped!" shit
Adventure 1's only appeals are the broken physics and the soundtrack
Adventure 2 just sucks all around

What does Yea Forums think of Sonic 3D Blast?
Also, Genesis or Saturn soundtrack?

Attached: sonic3Dblast.png (200x320, 90K)

Incredibly mediocre

Genesis OST is more fitting for a sonic game but the Saturn soundtrack has some great songs. Rusty Ruins act 2 for example

>modernfags STILL seething over 1 (ONE) classic Sonic game
I swear half the time I see somebody bring up Mania on Yea Forums it's you niggers being absolutely OBSESSED

Attached: 1545944980181.jpg (540x304, 37K)

>Genesis or Saturn soundtrack?
Genesis. Richard's songs are nice too, but they have less of that trademark Sonic sound and some are kinda generic. By the way, did you know that Twinkle Park was originally a song meant for 3D Blast special stages?

it's kino.

>3D Sonic is literally one of the worst franchises in gamin-

Attached: Sonic - Lost World.webm (640x360, 2.39M)

This game could have been great I'm telling you, shame they went back to boost because people demanded it

that meme is so fucking stupid and just sets you up easily

g

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU CAN'T DO THAT WHAT THE FUCK ARE WE GONNA DO NOW ADVENTUREBROS???

This but unironically. I honestly can't think of any long running franchises as disastrous as Sonic. How the hell do they even keep getting made?

Kinda shit cashgrab but with a GOAT OST, of which both are good.

They're REALLY fucking scared that their precious modern Sonic is going to be taken away after Mania BTFO over 20 years of his "legacy". It's quite funny, really.

Honestly, I was around when Genesis was a thing and I just feel like Mania is missing something. I don't know if it's the stage design or the bosses or the special stages, but I just have zero desire to replay it. I didn't even get all the Chaos Emeralds.

Said the Adventure shit eater lmao.

This actually happened

Attached: D6KTJoEWAAA7iRU.jpg (610x343, 56K)

>gimmicky actions with disjointed movements and zero actual momentum as Sonic travels at set angles at constant speeds in straight lines
>"s-see guys 3D Sonic is good really!"

That's really cool, I wish modern 3d sonic games leaned in to this instead of not learning from the issues with the game

Wrong. Mania is a 5/10 while A1/2 are 3/10 at best.

It's the pacing and bosses. Levels are about 15% larger on average + a boss fight in every one. It also has 12 complete zones and no one-offs like Sky Sanctuary. So by the end of it you just don't feel like playing anymore.

Is Sonic a money sink for Sega? There's no way Sonic Forces did good, and the Sonic movie WILL flop hard.

Bring him back and make him as autistically powerful as the fanworks he was most prominently known for & featured in

Attached: mechasonic.png (1024x1024, 473K)

The Adventure games weren't bad, but they're just not as good as the classics. I used to think the way you do, but when I got older and replayed the classics, I realized they had more to offer. Adventure 1 and 2 lose points for having filler shit like Big fishing, playing as Amy Rose, the terrible Tails and Robotnik sections, etc.

If it was just straight up Sonic levels for the bulk of the games, it would be better. But even then, they're way too easy compared to the classics. I will say though, Sonic Adventure 2 had style. the graphics for that time were awesome, and the Egyptian levels, like Knuckles' looked fucking great. I also dig Sonic's soap shoes too. Grinding was definitely a nice addition to the gameplay. But yeah, classics had better physics, and the Sonic and Shadow levels were were too on-rails in certain sections. When you run up loops it's basically on auto. Also wasn't a fan of having upgrade Sonic's abilities, he should have had all of them from the start. Chao Garden was pretty fun. Trying to 100% the game was a pain in the ass. Oh and the story in Adventure 2 sucked ass. Way too dramatic. It was cringe as fuck.

Based, Adventurekino will return soon and save this shitty franchise I can feel it.

Attached: Map_emerald_town.png (512x512, 25K)

Mania's only problem is giving CD 2 levels instead of pretending that overrated turd doesn't exist.

I want Mecha Sonic back too. He was fucking amazing. Turning Super Mecha Sonic by jumping on the master emerald, that shit was pretty dope. Chad Mecha Sonic > virgin Metal Sonic.

source on picture? looks comfy

Sonic Battle

Sonic Battle, and yes it is.

worth a play?

Stardust Speedway and Metallic Madness were great though. The level design was superb. Only complaint I have is turning small. I didn't like it in CD and I don't like it now.

Your mother's a shit eater

Mania is a 5/10 and Adventure 1 and 2 are 12/10

Yes, it has great character interactions and world. Although it does get kinda repetitive with the repeat battles. Its only like 5 hours long.

It's decent enough.
Give it a try, it's okay if you get burned out because it is a little repetitive & padded

Mania has bloated levels and bad bosses

I completely agree
It also let's Sonic climb up steep slopes for free completely negating any punishment you might receive for falling down one and opens the door for potential sequence breaking
"Trade off" and "compromise" are literally interchangeable

Git gud.

Attached: Sonic Mania -Green Hill Zone.webm (800x450, 2.81M)

Oh look, it's the lowercase shitposter back again, 3 days in a row. I don't even see why this needs to be a fight. Plenty of classicfags admit to liking adventure and I know plenty of Adventure/Modernfags who loved Mania. Give it up with this manufactured war. Also? Do we really need to start every Sonic thread with bait now? My god we're no better than Mega Man now.

At least Sonic Adventure 2 won over ProJ in the end.

I really don't get this Mania is too long thing at all... I usually complete it in around an hour and a half and have no problem going through these stages except for Mirage Saloon act 1 and Hydrocity act 1. Even I will admit those were stupid. But they are the only low points, meanwhile 3&K takes me a fair bit longer to beat and I've played that for years. Like, am I missing something here...? Or Am I just from another planet.

>Gynoid
I would hope you mean Gizoid, because God knows I don't wanna be thinking about Gynoids and Sonic in the same context

Huh, I didn't know you could do that, neat.

Attached: Who needs wings.webm (1920x1080, 2.03M)

bump

why would you wanna bump a bad bait thread?

Attached: 1547834048796.jpg (500x500, 25K)

Attached: bait.jpg (625x626, 91K)

>Anyone who disagrees with me is baiting
The absolute state of Maniafags.

because classic fags do the exact same and deserve a taste of their own medicine

>Git gud.
What does that have to do with anything?

no

Alright, lump me in there just because I didn't want a thread full of fighting, sure

Underrated gem of a soundtrack, for sure.
youtube.com/watch?v=4V1OGFeHb-M

OP's been at this for 3 days now
We've already established he's mad cuz bad several times it's getting boring

Half this stuff is ironic shitposting and you know it.

No

>Any Sonic game
>Underrated OST
The soundtracks are the only consistently good art of this series.

classic fags got BTFO in each and every one of those threads are you blind you fucking seething nigger lmao?

All shitposting aside, does anyone else think Heroes is a tab bit underrated?

Attached: Sonic Heroes - Rail Canyon.webm (902x676, 2.92M)

Oh, you mean OP got BTFO when people decided not to be obnoxious erafags and actually have sonic discussion while he sat there screaming about muh mania till he eventually fucked off, all 3 times? Real Sonic fans don't do this petty shit you wanna see so much.

heroes is a complete and utter masterpiece in every single aspect. anyone who thinks otherwise is a piece of shit fucking nigger bastard.

His whole argument is Mania is bloated because he sucks ass and takes 8 minutes to get through Flying Battery Zone
I don't feel very btfo desu

Unironically the best translation of physics and momentum from the 2D games to a 3D title. If they had more time and if they were doing it as a Saturn exclusive, it would've been something really special. It's just "okay" as it is, though.
>Genesis or Saturn soundtrack?
Both. Genesis is probably more fitting, but I think Jacques' OST is a genuine masterpiece. It's also level by level. I prefer the Saturn versions of Green Grove, Spring Stadium, and Panic Puppet, but prefer the Genesis versions of Diamond Dust and Volcano Valley, with Rusty Ruin and Gene Gadget being about the same.

But the Advance series is a group of games that's usually underlooked when it comes to talking about good soundtracks due to the shit soundchip.

As someone who has this as their favorite Sonic game besides 3&K and Mania, No. It full-heartedly deserves all the shit it gets. It's just that none of that is gonna stop me from loving it.

every time a classic fag reared his ugly head he got BTFO and a majority of the anons in the thread were finally giving modern games some love and outing classic fags as the retards. you really must be blind and whoever is reading the threads to you must be a fucking dipshit as well.

>does anyone else think Heroes is a tab bit underrated?
No the fact that you even posted something like this proves its overrated. Its fucking garbage and was the first bad mainline game marking the beginning of the end.

Don't give him any attention. He's a Schizo poster. Every big topic has one on Yea Forums nowadays. Action Games have Barry and Ace Combat bros have Simfag.

>this dedicated to shitposting
>types exclusively in lowercase
I think the legend may be back.

Oh wait my bad you're him I can tell by the writing style
Fuck off retard

Mania and Adventure are both good.

Attached: Adventure Glare.gif (352x240, 834K)

typing in lowercase is an aesthetic, fool.

Attached: FB_IMG_1557449316481.jpg (468x469, 31K)

This rivalry is a meme and we all know it.

Attached: pirate.png (1024x1301, 623K)

You're the seething retard that gets ballistic whenever someones breaks his classic fag bubble.

Attached: 1509288437848.jpg (991x902, 60K)

It's time to drop the act, my dude

Attached: tumblr_p0emv931Vj1tzzngso2_640.jpg (640x480, 147K)

No I'm the guy who raped your face when you posted a shitty wall of text yesterday and sperged out that no one bothered to read it :)

Attached: 1556802438968.png (406x468, 257K)

> trying to put Unleashed in the same category as Generations
that's historic revisionism at its finest, literally the main thing people praised about Generations was that it wasn't fucking Unleashed.
The boost levels branched out more without sacrificing too much of the cool spectacle, and the classic levels were miles ahead of the werehog, however gimped classic's physics were.

No you're the guy who gagged on my dick and balls and literally beat his own mother to death because the both of you were fighting to suck my cock in forgiveness for being a sperging spastic retard

Attached: 1550026577515.jpg (552x504, 35K)

What the fuuuck?

Attached: 1557358997903.png (550x652, 62K)

>adventure 1 and 2
>first games in the series
zoom-Yea Forums is real

Yes, those were the first 3D games, shitposter-kun.

Mhmm that's why you resorted to typing kys and leaving the thread

Attached: 1553654120799.jpg (168x159, 10K)

this is why i love Yea Forums

You think it is him? I thought he was supposed to stay in the Sonic General.

2 bad u never said 3D, kid. also mania isn't 3D. also ur probably fat.

Sonic is already fat.

*dabs on 2D Sonic*

Attached: 170537-sonic-unleashed-xbox-360-front-cover.jpg (800x1140, 204K)

7 decides the name of my chao in adventure 2

Attached: chao.png (405x330, 232K)

> Unleashed is good
Since when has this been an opinion someone could hold without being laughed out of the fucking room?
Where did we go wrong, Yea Forums?

Attached: 1536421720763.jpg (727x480, 38K)

Attached: 1552933042428.png (621x491, 261K)

But user this game prominently features 2D Sonic

>461589701
>ip count didn't go up
heh

Attached: Di-8ZbjX0AEX7yo.png (640x480, 466K)

what a scandal

Perhaps it would be better to just let the thread die, yes.

Why?

no please b0ss im lonely you guys are my only shitposting friends

Attached: 1557162398347.jpg (256x256, 24K)

>3dpd sonic
>better

3D Sonic has never been good.
2D Sonic is legendary.

Okay, but you're a master of the game, right? Imagine going all the way through those stages with all those special stages, to get to a boss where you don't know what the fuck. And it's not like Sonic Genesis where you just jump into everything to make it die, you have shit like Flying Battery.

Fact: only "WTBMD" white boys shit on sonic adventure.

I will never stop thinking Heroes is one of the most underrated games of all time, unless they make Heroes 2. Honest to God, that game with a few tweaks would be the perfect modern Sonic game.

>there are unironic sonic fans on this board
Name 1 (one, uno, ichi, ein) good sonic game

>3D Sonic has never been good.
Ahem.

Attached: Sonic_Adventure_2.png (493x500, 566K)

Wait a minute, have I seen you before?

Attached: 1556075991934.jpg (347x384, 14K)

How is your first day on 4channel going?

DICKS

Frank

Attached: 1557195627254.gif (700x772, 224K)

Cinos

Larry

I don't know, have you?

Attached: 1550083387639s.jpg (125x123, 3K)

youtube.com/watch?v=w62NuIjapfk

Yeah, I saw you talking to someone else who tried to clear things up with rational thinking.
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/461175075/#461208515
I'm sorry that things got to this point again.

Attached: 1557179726909.jpg (380x298, 16K)

Mania

Ni**ER

And 2D Sonic games shit all over it. The retro ones at least.

Oh, so close my friend.

Attached: 200.gif (200x200, 11K)

Dongus

Both adventure games are bad games and cringy 13-year-old bait.

nice

Attached: 1534881519603.jpg (448x448, 22K)

this is the shittiest opinion i read this month

You should love them then.

That's a ridiculous adorable chao

First day on Yea Forums?

sonic mania's levels are SO SLOW. there are fucking huge and there's so many times where you're stopped with no way to speed through. i goddamn hate it. sonic 3 and knuckles is 200x better

Does it run well on Windowd 10? I might finally replay it since I really enjoyed it eons ago.

sonic adventure blast is the future.

Attached: sonic adventure blast shill_13.webm (795x453, 2.96M)

With Sonic 3 AIR having the ability to drop dash it is now the greatest Sonic game ever made.

youtube.com/watch?v=N2z2loXy_qw

Attached: sonic adventure blast shill_14.webm (732x427, 3M)

Attached: sonic adventure blast shill_12.webm (538x294, 2.91M)

>461594817
but that is simply not true
t.guy who thinks Sonic 3 is still better

Attached: 20180718043650_1.jpg (1920x1080, 705K)

Attached: sonic adventure blast shill_11.webm (707x399, 2.52M)

Project Hero was looking pretty good too

Attached: 1531352998019.jpg (986x739, 325K)

Attached: sonic adventure blast shill_7.webm (623x340, 2.88M)

>Project Hero
looks impressive visuals wise, i prefer adventure blast's raw physics tho

Attached: Sonic Adventure Blast shill_3.webm (822x469, 2.92M)

Attached: sonic adventure blast shill momentum.webm (758x427, 2.12M)

t. the one guy who can do this

SEGA
HIRE
THIS
MAN

I doubt that, I don't see myself as that great at a lot of things

Attached: 1523908188322.jpg (259x314, 20K)

this game has too much soul

Attached: sonic adventure blast shill_15.webm (775x439, 2.91M)

Attached: Sonic Adventure Blast shill_4.webm (997x563, 2M)

It's fine, but it's basically just a greatest hits of Sonic 1-3 stages.

Yeah, pretty much. It could be far worse.

This is based and redpilled

Absolutely it could be worse. I just also don't think it's as amazing as people say it is, especially back when it came out and everyone was sucking its dick.

Attached: sonic adventure blast shill_9.webm (708x393, 2.56M)

Attached: sonic adventure blast shill_16.webm (763x421, 1.81M)

so much soul here, frens

Attached: sonic adventure blast shill_10.webm (681x402, 1.73M)

>especially back when everyone was sucking its dick
In all fairness, I think that was just because it was so nice to have a 2D game that actually plays right for the first time and have actual passion put into it since probably the advance or rush series. A lot of 2D fans were starved for something good after Sonic 4 and Classic Sonic failing to impress in Generations. So I wouldn't completely blame them, it was just a nice party to have after years of 2D being done poorly. But yeah, I at least love the game enough to admit it could still be better, which I'm hoping for next time.

Attached: 05faaf970e709da61ee281d1f47c072116a2e497v2_hq.jpg (600x450, 63K)

you're just pretending to be retarded right?

Oh it's overrated for sure
But when you've been asking for a game for 20 years and it finally happens you don't want to be too critical with its flaws

Attached: Sonic Adventure Blast shill_2.webm (1106x632, 1.89M)

The fact the only things dumb faggots on the internet can come up against Gen 1 is a bunch of minor non-issues that not once applied to how anybody played the game during its time (and still don't, believing otherwise is CWC level autism) is a testament to how great it is.

As for the thread, Adventure formula was heavily automated dogshit that never worked, both figuratively and literally. There is no such thing as 3D Sonic when every single section is a set piece and 90% of gameplay is scripted.

And when people bring up fan projects that don't use automation at all like Utopia or Islands, it leads to shitflinging anyway.

Attached: 1556750311729.jpg (219x150, 7K)

That... really doesn't look very fun.

oh god its this faggot again. at least you've provided the thread with some mighty bumps though

samefaggots

this is the future whether you like it or not.
if you take a group of SA1/2 speedrunners and have them try every 3d fan game out there, they'll 100% choose this one because of how good it feels to control, an improvement on SA2

Attached: Sonic adventure blast shill_5.webm (737x413, 2.65M)

I call 3rd one

The future is actually in a coffin looooooooooooool

why do people keep on trying to pit classic fans and adventure fans against each other
a lot of us enjoy both

an improvement on SA2
Wow, what a feat.

Attached: 1427346145804.png (109x123, 29K)

It's shitposters/falseflaggers.
Sonic fans rarely actually act like this outside of Yea Forums. It's just an easy way for quick (You)s.

Attached: ca2afeee32ba6976539d9c69d163a342.png (1280x896, 50K)

you are right if sega refuses to do adventure style on the next big sonic game.

boostnigger/classicfag brainlet opinion discarded :^)

Attached: sonic adventure blast shill_6.webm (625x345, 2.72M)

A lot of these have potential, yeah.
youtu.be/wKdo5f5X_qc

>you are right if sega refuses to do adventure style on the next big sonic game.
And that will never happen
You guys will get more boost and Sonic will die, as it should

I dunno where the "Mania is overrated" stuff is suddenly coming from. It's an excellent game that combines the appeals of Sonic 2 and 3&K really well and even manages to remold the 1 and CD levels to fit said appeals. The boss fights are pretty fucking bad though, I can't defend those at all and they actively bring down replays. The Eggman fights in the classic games are all easy as sin and cheeseable for the most part but that makes them better for a Sonic game to be honest.

Also, both the classic and Adventure games are great. It's only after the Adventure games that the series started going downhill, but thankfully titles like Colors still exist.

I think it's just the whole "highest rated Sonic game in 25 years" thing. And yeah, they are both great, falseflaggers need to ease up.

Attached: metal.gif (1040x1040, 524K)

the hoverboard part looked really fun
it's cool how that game doesnt have the usual 'unity' feel most 3d fangames got

Attached: sonic adventure blast shill loops.webm (843x489, 1.79M)

QUICK POST YOUR FAVORITE SONGS FROM ANY SONIC GAME
youtube.com/watch?v=kLiUNxg8Gh4
youtube.com/watch?v=uRcR0v6I_w8
youtube.com/watch?v=OTWnxQD5_sw
youtube.com/watch?v=L_UmZI2Z3So
youtube.com/watch?v=TTGsywdwTQM
youtube.com/watch?v=acvicbVFZWU
youtube.com/watch?v=rkFuVDMyk1k
youtube.com/watch?v=fkxqV872_64

Imagine using a bunch of mentally ill memespouting post-ironic manchildren who WEREN'T EVEN ALIVE for Adventure's original OR Gamecube releases as a metric for approval. Hell, imagine thinking of someone who runs Big's story as anything but subhuman.

A bit too busy to get that many links so just have this for now, will probably reply with more in a bit. youtu.be/7tk1295iFD8

Attached: 1557355156748.png (1080x1920, 2.38M)

>overrated
It's a rock solid 2D Sonic game without the general glitchiness of S3&K's wall collisions (which were screwy enough that they had to put a bit int he manual to have you reset your machine if you got stuck in the wall), and it's one of the best Sonic games Sega's put out in years. Stage design is decent, music is great, Sonic controls well, and the graphics are great.
I think the boss design blows overall even though they look cool, but boss design in the whole series kinda sucks.
Still kinda mad about the tie-in with Sonic Forces, too.

>SA1+2 are better
SA1 is a mess. I enjoy it, but it's a fucking mess. Every version is pretty glitchy too (DX is really bad about that shit, but the US DC version of SA1 still throws me off of loops into the abyss sometimes).
SA2 is also a mess. Different ways, and it's not nearly as glitchy, and you have to put up with all this shit in the way of playing as Sonic (or Shadow) instead of SA1's per-character story system, where you could do the other bits at will.

They're not awful, but god, they're rough. They're definitely not better than Mania, not when massive portions of SA1/2 just completely blow chunks.

They pull in money. Kids love the characters, and Sonic is a household name.
Sonic '06 was a platinum fucking seller.
It hurt Sega as a brand, but it still pulled in a lot of revenue.

imagine being this faggot lel

It was hilarious when it vame out and forces came out right after and people could make a real comparison to a new classic game and a modern game, literally nobody could defend forces.
Now modernfags have created such a self contained safespace of self delusion that I've actually seen a few of them suggest that mania is so bad that even these modernfags would rather play forces over mania.

You can't make this shit up.

Attached: marina4.png (250x203, 6K)

As if!

Attached: Xigbar smirk DDD.png (1366x768, 1.06M)

are Sonicfags still trying to convince people that Sonic Heroes and Shadow the hedgehog are good games?

Attached: 1555821957837.jpg (1228x868, 395K)

At least the deranged underaged ones do.

It's the one 3D Sonic that would actually benefit from a remake.

Sonic Heroes is good, it's just not for brainlets.

Attached: Sonic Heroes - Frog Forest.webm (800x600, 2.36M)

I don't see much Shadow defense which is weird cuz I think it's the better of the 2 games, but yeah some of them are still trying to claim Heroes is an underrated masterpiece
Some of them are cool and willing to acknowledge it's very flawed despite how much they like it though

People literally only like the production, that part of the game it is god tier and the closest any new game got was Colors but Wii hardware held it back.

that's cool I guess, still wish it controlled like the other games though.

Attached: 1557321056541.png (380x300, 151K)

How did a Majora's Mask level get into a sonic fangame? Not complaining just curious because I couldn't have though of this in a million years.

>long flight sections of basic ass platforming and scripted sequences
>combat sections that you'd rather skip when possible
>blind running sections with the occasional QTE
>fucking grinding
You managed to get the entirety of Heroes in one webm.

>I'm bad, so the game is bad

Attached: Sonic Heroes - Final Fortress.webm (640x360, 2.88M)

Kinda makes sense to import snowhead since it's designed around the goron which basically has a spindash.
I guess, I dunno

I don't care for convincing people they're good or not, I just want you to know that you're a fucking idiot and have shit taste.

Well, at least you got the later half right. I forgot running characters had to do that gay pole shit too. Heroes is such a padded out time wasting mess.

-y

I just think of it as a game that the franchise needed but not the one it deserves, because people definitely needed a reminder that 2D Sonic is not only as good as it was in 1991, but it can compete with any platformer today, obviously Sonic gameplay deserves a lot more than a compilation of modernized old levels + new ones but honestly the whole thing was so tastefully made that it's hard to dislike the idea of what Mania wanted to do.

>267 replies
I'm disappointed.

Black Knight also had some great production values, it's among the best looking Wii games I've played. Too bad the gameplay sucked.

>I'm disappointed that people are discussing vidya

>he thinks Yea Forums is for discussing vidya

Attached: 1362365382198.gif (275x248, 2.33M)

You're such a fucking stupid nigger.

I just want 3D Sonic to have fun rails like in SA2 but without the jank, any fangames for this feel?

Heroesfag cope is fucking hilarious the game is shit and skipping over a few of the garbage sections doesn't make it any better. Why don't you record some webms of the 90 different
copy paste rooms you have to fight the same 3 enemies in over and over throughout the game or the broken level mechanics like the pinball.

Sunset Overdrive is pretty ludo.

Attached: Sunset Overdrive traversal.webm (640x360, 2.94M)

Why are you having such a fucking meltdown you absolute spastic? You're seething so hard you're gonna lose the last few brain cells you have you dumb nigger. You're not even telling the truth and exaggerating so desperately so I don't see the point of your post anyway you retarded sub 70 IQ brainlet.

this game looks kino as fuck. worth getting a xbox one for this?

Why does Sonic Heroes, more than any other games in the series, trigger such volatile reactions from both sides?

But thats just as scripted as boostshit rails no balancing like Sa2

It got a PC port a few months ago and the port is good.

>Hype & comfy
>/gonna pirate/
>"Wake me up when Hydro City and the torrent are here"
>Sonic Jam 2
>The guy who posts the Gijinka Sonic
>SONIC MANIA IS THE REAL SONIC 4
>Cancer of the Sonic fanbase.png/Screenshot from Cybershell video
>Cybershell
>Sakura Synagogue
>Nigger Sonic, Metal Nigger Sonic & Vector
>Yoshi in Sonic Mania
>Fake leaks being posted
>Bubble Shield Physics
>The SDCC Eggman glitch in Flying Battery
>Holding Right to Win/Lose.webm
>All the webms showing off the game
>IGN plays like shit in Green Hill (no, they're not testing the physics)
>Rosyfags
>CDfans & haters brawling
>Adventurecucks
>Tomposter
>Metal Tomposter
>Gift user with thinking Metal Sonic
>BlueSphereAnon
>The cytube being posted
>The info graphs
>The maps of each stages
>Links to all the music
>Chart ruling out zones using specific mechanics
>The Forbidden 3, Michael Jackson & Brad Buxer
>The sprite comparison image & animation+sonic_and_crew_standing_sprites.jpg
>The Sonic 3 sprite is shit
>Custom Sonic Mania sprites/Sonic 2+3 sprite mixed
>classic sonic triangle.png
>The Hole
>The Boys
>That one user that posts the screencap of his own post shitting on Tee's new music
>"Blue Spheres 2" Concept Custom Level Video
>Blue Spheres Copypasta from GamesRadar
>Mania will get mods
>le romhack.jpg
>"Sonic was never good"
>Sonic Cycle Officially Broken image
>Mania vs. Forces at E3.jpg
>Mania will connect to Forces
>"Has Yuji Naka ever seen an actual airshsip in his life?"
>Deep fried Shaq Countdown
>"The camera is shit in the Classic games, you can't see when you'll run into something!"
>"Reviewers (IGN, Jim Sterling, etc.) will shit on the game"
>Link to article saying Mania determines Sonic's future
>Metacritic Collage image
>[X] Zone (usually Marble Garden, Wacky Workbench, Sandopolis & Metropolis) is SHIT
>Iizuka stealing Drop Dash copypasta
>Additional Thanks: Arin "Grump" Hanson
>The Bingo Chart
>Being told to fuck off to /sthg/
Never forget the good times.

Attached: 1469993565187.jpg (792x345, 173K)

>Why are you having such a fucking meltdown you absolute spastic?
Only one having a meltdown is you and your desperate attempt to defend the first shitty mainline Sonic game.
>Why does Sonic Heroes, more than any other games in the series, trigger such volatile reactions from both sides?
I would say the Adventure games do that more but Heroesfags seem to be the most delusional of the bunch seeing how they actively lie about game.

Sonic Forces was an obvious flop, they never even bother to add dlcs after Episode Shadow and promising more dlcs to be on the way.

You can't write shit like this and claim other people are seething lol

Attached: 1546482739754m.jpg (828x1024, 110K)

>and the Sonic movie WILL flop hard.
No it won't normalfags are all going to see it ironically because "its so bad its good". I've already seen loads of them talk about it fuck even my mom wants to see it.

Because Heroes sells itself (or the fans do IDK or care) as "Sonic Adventure without the bullshit" or something like that, it makes people that liked Adventure to shit on it harder than usual and the fans of the game find the hate irrational and respond accordingly.

Heroes is better than SA2.

Attached: Fact.jpg (1280x720, 116K)

Nice job copying me and kek at how your entire post is more lying and just amounts to "no u". Fucking dumb ass nigger retard. Keep going I'm cracking up. It's like watching the retarded autistic kid have a meltdown in front of everyone

I don't think Sega will see much money from the movie even if it does well.

Pretty good bait (You)

In what way?

I too enjoyed Adventure games more, but it's been so fucking long since we got anything good, and Mania is exactly that.

I'm OP, and I've gotten close to 300+ replies on a fucking bait thread. If anyone is seething here, it's you.

Attached: 1548397835445.png (680x680, 137K)

Yeah they probably already got paid for that shit and washed their hands of the whole situation
I mean they're not even willing to talk about it

Well.. at least you're honest...

Attached: 1553386568129.png (720x400, 218K)

>people care about the OP
This thread is just adventurefags vs heroesfags and fangame bros on the side.

Level design and movement.

Unironically based.

People stopped talking about your topic forever ago but okay
Pretty much every big Sonic thread seems to have a bait OP desu

Attached: 1545044758027.gif (241x200, 135K)

Will Sonic Team ever get their shit together and make a soulful 3D title again?

Attached: 1547445816828.png (727x1080, 400K)

hopefully the new pillar team can, yeah

Attached: 1557314433925.png (300x310, 9K)

Adventure Remake :^)

If that's true why is so much less fun?

this is true. people just ride bait OPs to post their own propaganda/narrative if they actually care about sonic gameplay's future, or just post retard waifu shit.

It's been 7 hours, it should be at bump limit by now

a remake wouldn't make any sense.

Attached: 1555623562312.gif (540x540, 2.82M)

Specially if it's done by a no name Sonic Team like Forces.

I love adventure series, but come on nigga

At the very least we would probably get improved collision just because the hardware is so much better nowadays. Although they would probably fuck up the movement and momentum.

CODE RED
CODE RED
THIS MAN HAS UTTERED THE N WORD WITHOUT SHOWING HIS PASS
THIS IS NOT A DRILL

Attached: 1551047872143.jpg (243x250, 5K)

I still wouldn't mind Shuffle-style shaders for characters in SA1 and 2. It would honestly make every character pop a lot more by making them straight up anime rather than the pseudo-realism-anime-surreal-fantasy thing they went with.

is this an underrated kino?

Nah its decent at best sadly. You know is Sega was smart they would make another one of these but good, a multiplatform Mario Party would sell like hotcakes.

nigger

no, it's worse than mario party

>adventure games
>modern
This is not 2007 anymore, buddy.

But everything you showed in the jungle webm was easy.

nigger.

Heroes would have been perfect if it had SA2 momentum.

Just watch the cutscenes on youtube.

No "probably" about it my man, Forces made it clear that they are completely incapable of making good physics anymore.

Sonic Heroes is a chore to play on Team Dark or Chaotix, not hard. It's a game you do not marathon or play the teams back-to-back on.

>Forces made it clear that they are completely incapable of making good physics anymore.
Nah its been clear since Shadow.

Jesus Christ...

I just saved that pic. I am dying.

not really. if you had taste, you wouldn't be a sonic fan.

So what happened that made all the adventurefags suddenly want to rise up?

But there has never been a good 3D Sonic to begin with.

>all adventurefags
more like /sthg/ feeling threatened by mania

classic fags being annoying pricks is what happened.

Projared fucking died, so Adventure fans are celebrating the downfall of one of the game's biggest detractors.. Though a lot of adventure fans still thought Mania was good so it's mostly shitposting.

Attached: 1556962733538.gif (180x180, 1.53M)

You talk like a console war kiddie.

DIE NIGGER DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

*clears throat*
KATON.....

Classicfags got 2D back so Adventurefags want 3D back and good on them boostshit needs to die.

Adventure 1 was good for its time at least and made everyone believe there was potential for something better.

Iizuka said he didn't want to make another Adventure-styled game because it would move the franchise backwards instead of forwards but then he approved Mania so they're taking their frustration with his retardation out on us I guess.
Whatever man I'm just happy we got a decent Sonic game out of it and might even get more in the future.

Boostshit isn't anywhere near as bad as shitposters make it out to be. It's just Sega has barely refined it besides in Generations, and are incredibly lazy about being inventive for the game style as they instead rely almost entirely on Wisps and/or stage gimmicks to make up for basically the same gameplay copypasted between 4 games, with different Boost gain rules and or without a double jump.

Attached: clap.png (1795x488, 409K)

I wish they made a second animated movie back in the day. The first was absolute kino.

lol

The last time I came to Yea Forums Sonic threads were full of 3D apologists. What the fuck happened?

>Boostshit isn't anywhere near as bad as shitposters make it out to be.
But its not good either at its absolute best boostshit can be mediocre. The car controls just don't work for what Sonic is meant to be, a platformmer with momentum.

Kids who grew up playing them are adults now

Core game was great, plus is garbage.

How can the car controls "not work" if the level design is so flat that it accommodates for them anyway? And you very well have momentum, it's just near-entirely horizontal via boosts and precision jumps rather than rolling like a ball.

Do you ever grow tired of all this false-flagging?

Attached: 1531133484684.jpg (250x167, 7K)

Oh shit wait I read that wrong
Modernfags are just really annoying, I'm sure most of us like at least a few of the 3D games but shitpost them anyways just to knock em down a peg
I know I do

Zoomers missed the revolutionary titles of the 5th gen so they overrate mediocre follow ups like 3D Sonic post-SA2 or those 6th gen Spyro games, I've seen people defend even Megaman X7 lately shit is ridiculous.

My biggest complaint with the game is that I can barely stand to play as anyone other than Sonic since I can't drop dash. I wish they gave Sonic his insta-shield and made drop dash available to everyone.

>he didn't like Mighty

>the revolutionary titles of the 5th gen
name 5

>How can the car controls "not work" if the level design is so flat that it accommodates for them anyway?
Flat level design isn't fun and platforming is near impossible to build around the controls which is why they have to rely on 2D sections.
>And you very well have momentum,
Having a instant top speed button that blows through everything in your path removes all the fun of gaining momentum.

As long as it gets them (you)s, probably never.

Attached: 1556340955580.jpg (606x513, 67K)

>Mighty
He was boring easy mode and his stomp didn't flow very well. Ray was the only thing that kinda saved plus for me.

This is a fanbase on a website known for autism on a board known for autism so no.

I do kinda wish it worked on slopes, yeah. When he was first revealed, I thought he'd be able to use it on slopes for super speed strats since they got rid of slope hopping.

Attached: 1548047589539.jpg (1311x920, 79K)

Thief
Unreal
Mario
Ocarina
Resident Evil/horror games in general

I have to agree. I wanted to like Mighty best, but his gimmicks were not great.

>sudden influx of adventure vs classic sobicfags threads
Are we unironically being raided?
It’s as if somebody is trying to sew “discord” among the fanbase.

Why don't they just copy some of those 3D Sonic fan games on youtube? They look like they got a much better idea on a good 3D Sonic but they doln't have the large team or funds that Sega could provide.

Iizuka saying he wanted to make an Adventure remake opened the flood gates. Sonic threads were pretty comfy before that desu

idk but I love how discord is becoming an adjective

Attached: Ask Iizuka.png (595x806, 249K)

Sonic Team just spent money for a new engine that worked pretty well for the thing they focused on in Forces (the OC), I will be honestly pretty surprised if the next game isn't low effort boost shit with a decent gimmick on top of it to give the game the replay value it will desperately need, literally the only alternative is a complete gameplay revamp.

You misspelled Fallout somewhere in there.

Level design. Boost is manageable because it's so damn linear, while most of the legendary Adventure stages people gawk about are super linear or giant floating abysses with platforms and maybe grind rails. Fan games can create greatest theoretical 3D Sonic gameplay to ever grace humanity but they almost never have actual level design, or at least not level design befitting a AA game. If you give Sonic pure proper momentum in 3D and, say, a Homing Attack that can conserve your momentum instead of stop-and-pop, the level design has to accommodate for it, and that's way easier said than done.

That and Sonic Team's fallen into a bad habit of making 80% of gameplay highly automated or so narrowed down in design that it might as well be automatic. Classic Sonic in Forces was so fucking abysmal that he had a speed cap comparable to Sonic 1 and absolutely broken physics, to the point that he could only "go fast" by rolling on a slope or in scripted sequences.

Forces was literally mangling the Lost World code into a boost game, which is why Sonic/Avatar are locked to 8 directions, can only homing attack things that they were "facing" when they initially jumped, have broken acceleration-to-top speeds that were intended for LW's run button, and why the game can't actually stream level data because Lost World stripped it out. They spent 2 years working on Hedgehog Engine 2, not a new game engine.

That only proves my point even further, I'm not an idiot that hates the PS2 generation or even PS3 one but all these apologists just come off as ignorant.

Iizuka-san, will Classicfags ever stop being so cancerous?

>asking this to the guy who literally felt young again working on a new 2D game

will you show a new sonic game that doesn't make me want to kill myself this year, iizuka

Attached: 16703344817400184832_20190428202945_1.png (1920x1080, 246K)

Sonic fans are all morbidly obese babyfurs rolling in their own shit.

You don't have to like Sonic, but it's furfag repellent in the highest caliber.

Iizuka, this but modernbabs

>Confirmed we're all the cancer
Love ya guys~

Attached: 1544487635481.gif (498x498, 164K)

These are gold. Based Iizuka.

So why are people suddenly mad about anons liking the good Sonic games?

That's why

>suddenly
it's Yea Forums, no one's allowed to like anything unless people converse calmly (or fanatically) about something they like, in which case you bet someone's gonna roll in and go "I hate [thing" just to rile them up

>mania
>good

Attached: 1549942510063.jpg (332x1024, 22K)

>spent 2 years making this while a game that uses an engine made by an autist for minor mobile releases got better scores and probably beat it in sales already
I just know someone was fired over this.

>sonic was never good

Attached: 1514901903382s.jpg (125x121, 3K)

Hedgehog Engine's all about lighting and graphics rendering, not actual game design. But, Forces had 2 years of improving Hedgehog Engine, 1 year of pre-production, and 1 year of development. On top of the fact that 95% of the development team were almost entirely new people; the head level designer of three assigned to that job, for example, was a new hire from Lost World.

Forces was a fucking mess. And it wasn't even as ambitious as Sonic '06 nor as controversially fucked as that game was, it was just pure deadlines and SEGA / Sonic Team incompetence this time around.

Any time any opinion becomes too prevalent on Yea Forums, there's a group of people who have to not just go against it, but actively and loudly shitpost about it.

Hey man, I'm cool with getting more boost games if they can figure out how to make engaging level design without relying on transitioning to 2D for 80% of the game.

well, the whole Yea Forums hates whatever's popular phrase exists for a reason. It happened with a lot of indie games, Deltarune and Undertale being the most famous examples I remember. If people like a game, it's a (you) farm. If Forces got just as much good press as the other sonic games, you'd see a lot more shitpost threads about it too.

Attached: 1556056384360.png (3540x7018, 1.14M)

I agree with OP.

based.

It's pretty sad how their debut game with HE2 doesn't look better than Unleashed either, tells you a lot about how they need a better graphics director and not so much better rendering, but how the 2 years spent just doing that isn't the biggest mistake of the development is just baffling.

based.

Attached: 1532456454400.png (581x573, 363K)

Delete this RIGHT NOW NO ONE LIKES NOSTALGIA SHIT

>caring about video game reviewers
sasuga

That's only gonna make this thread go worse, my man.

Attached: 1553221060000.jpg (625x552, 97K)

It's the hardest furfag bait ever made. It's a franchise literally maintained by balding diaperfurs like you.

I liked Mania but these scores do seem a little generous.
Might be like Sonic 4 where they gave it good scores because they thought that's what Sonic fans wanted. I don't think modern games journalists are really all that familiar with Sonic and just kinda go with whatever people are memeing at the time.

Attached: 1539206896004.png (916x1774, 344K)

this, video game reviewer scores mean nothing. people also only use them when it favors their opinions

all 3d sonic games are shit except Adventure 2 and generations. However I've never paid for a 2d sonic game and dont plan on doing so anytime soon. So I pirated mania, its pretty based, one of the best sonic games in a while definitely better than any of the 3d games however by a long shit

Cope.

I loved Mania to pieces but I don't know if I'd call it the only good game in 25 years either. Though it is definitely the best in a long while for sure. I needed a game like that after Lost World and Boom drove me into a state of cynicism, so it definitely did a great job as a pick me up for a lot of sonic fans at the very least. We just need a fully original sequel next time, and also for 3D Sonic to get back on his feet, I don't want no more boost.

Attached: 1557362040783.jpg (3983x1905, 710K)

Lost World was good.

Well to be fair, not even memeing or underestimating the quality of other 2D platformers. Was there anything as good as Mania released by a big publisher earlier or a bit later? As I see it there really wasn't something to steal its thunder and out of nowhere it turns out it's an unironically really fun and polished game that will hold up better than the latest "AAA" Sonic Team offering, you say that the past 2D Sonic revivals made people more mellow but I'd say it's the opposite, most people were ready to shit on the game, but it managed to turn around expectations despite the developers never lying to us (Denuvo wasn't even their decision)

You could say it has soul

Guess it just wasn't jiving with me I suppose.

Oh fuck off Sonic 3 & Knuckles is my favorite game ever I was VERY excited for Mania and was for the most part completely satisfied with what we got.
It just seems a little fishy to me why journalists were suddenly nice to Sonic. Remember the reviews for Colors? They praised the hell out of that too, said the same shit about it as well. The first Sonic game in blah blah blah return to form blah blah you know the spiel.
I don't think distrusting journalists is that unprecedented or uncalled for.

Attached: 1542082522456.gif (312x390, 1.87M)

>inb4 someone calls it soulless because of reused levels
But yeah, it's not hard to see the love put into it.

Attached: Team-Sonic-Racing-Overdrive.jpg (1710x900, 250K)

Mania is pretty soulless, though.

Attached: image-2.jpg (718x224, 96K)

knew it

>pic
I don't get it.

>Left
Soulless
>Right
Soul

Nobody was even saying this when it came out though, at least as far as I can remember, the most they had to say was just calling it a romhack, it just feels like this is memeing for the sake of the meme. I mean what, should the entire game just look Sonic 1 tier then?

Attached: s1special.jpg (980x419, 285K)

>should the entire game just look Sonic 1 tier then?
No, but it should have soul.

I like what they did to Sonic 2 graphics, I was never a fan of the plastic look the original had, felt too americanized for me.

then how do you even do it? They literally got some of the biggest classic autists from Sonic Retro who literally grew up on these games to make a game and that's soulless?

Attached: 63r7vqrdxu801.jpg (349x361, 23K)

The "trolling" (pretending to be retarded) was specially funny because all the fangames I've ever seen don't look better than Sonic 1, and are light years behind CD style, yet Mania improved on both. Don't even get me started on the design of the characters.

Lost World had the potential to be good but was held back by its level design and reliance on gimmicks

>held back by its level design and reliance on gimmicks
Pretty sure you just described every 3D Sonic game.

I think some people only say the game looks soulless because
>muh extra shading and animation frames
Mania was literally made to be like if Sonic Team had kept making 2D games for the Saturn, and knowing the Sonic Team of old, they wouldn't have hesitated making the game as flashy as possible, especially on account of how amazing the Saturn was at doing 2D games. I mean hell, Knuckles Chaotix went crazy on the shading, and that was just the 32X. So Mania's visuals are surprisingly fitting.

Attached: 98ec30d779ecea311ff58cb361abd143--computer-photo-game-room.jpg (640x854, 99K)

Adventure was kinda close but yeah pretty much

A 2D sonic made on 1997 would probably be a pseudo 3D, likely pre-rendered sprites thing, in a way it's a good thing that we don't know what that would have been like, Mania idea of it is a much more productive use of shading/3D models than a lot of the styles that were popular in the 90s.

Attached: Sonic Cycle.jpg (800x600, 87K)

Suppose that's true, don't know how it would have looked if we got a ton of pre-rendered backgrounds like the Playstation Mega Man X games.

Attached: Zero.jpg (1280x720, 141K)

Why does this image look this way?

brainlet question, I know. Is it the subtle chromatic aberration?

So many replies to this bait

Attached: 56_dnlSl_400x400.jpg (400x400, 21K)

lmao

Attached: Classic vs Modern.webm (400x320, 2.88M)

But there has been almost one good sonic game every year from adventure 2 battle to colors, this cycle was never true.

The fuck are you smoking? The only reason SA1 and 2 are even considered the best 3D games is because the only other good 3D Sonic games are Colors and Generations. If I'm being nice, that's a 4:9 ratio of good and bad Sonic games, and that's putting SA 1 and 2 in the good column, otherwise it'd be 2:11, that's how shit 3D Sonic is.

Looking at this webm having grown up as a baby that played Sonic 1 this is extremely depressing. How the hell do you go backwards this much in game design when we are over 20 years removed from those days and that being the very first Sonic game to boot. It is amazingly cringe that it got that bad.

> the only other good 3D Sonic games are Colors and Generations.
You forgot Heroes.

I hate it too.

No he didn't.

No, I like Heroes, but man does it have problems, very slippery controls, team dark and amy were unnecessary, bingo stage was straight up garbage, some of the absolute worst special stages in Sonic history, and that's saying something, but everything else is pretty good, just not good enough to make it a good 3D Sonic game, I credit Heroes as the beginning of Sonic's Dark Age.

That's what happens when all the key veterans that made your franchise bigger than Mario on its very first game all leave and you replace them with people that are just getting started in the industry.

>Amy

Attached: 1506846686155.png (399x602, 152K)

I mean, they literally added a run button to Sonic due to criticism of him being "hard to control" A run button, in a fucking Sonic game, forget building up speed on your own, right?

Attached: Momentum Physics.webm (950x534, 2.81M)

You are comparing apples and oranges.

Mania is a great game.

We need you and Sonic's band members for the next game.

Attached: Sonic_the_Hedgehog_Band.jpg (1617x1356, 493K)

>even bouncing off of items/enemies is non-existent nowadays because Homing Attacks stop you and cancel out all momentum, while badnik bouncing even as Classic Sonic in Forces only gives you a set height and basically fucks you up to likely land and run into the next enemy/spikes or fall into a pit

Attached: missing in space channel 5.gif (318x287, 782K)

>make a Knuckles only 3D game
>make him fun to control
>make him being able to hit enemies easily in a 3D space
>use what you learned and improve on it in the sequel featuring Sonic with a similar gameplay
Whoa so hard making the 3D games not shit.

I really hate how killing enemies kills all your momentum and just sends you up when you kill baddies in Forces.

Attached: 1524021840845.webm (852x480, 2.77M)

I didnt play forces, but that stage background looks awful to me. Why are there realistic trees right next to the neon lights one, it's not cohesive to the neon light usage seen in the rest of the webm.

It looks better in the concept art.

Attached: 42734895_1363264227137303_252831818338795520_n.jpg (810x550, 98K)

Yeah and notice they did mix real trees and fake neon ones.

Looks like that Team Sonic Racing track, it's very nice. They should've removed the trees in the webm and put a neon billboard or something brighter, or just simply make the whole thing bright.

Sonic Forces in general has a lot of interesting concept art, it's actually kind of amazing how much was cut from the game on account of how much they rushed it out. Also notice how Classic Sonic doesn't appear in ANY of this concept art, really just adding fuel to the fire that he was an incredibly last minute inclusion and his gameplay quality sure shows for that.
sonic.fandom.com/wiki/Sonic_Forces/Gallery

Attached: Kn9S4Io.gif (624x460, 463K)

Attached: Sonic Forces Ramps.webm (500x280, 2.99M)

Oh yeah and I recommend looking at the beta elements tab too, there's a lot of stuff there too.

So Kunckles in SA2?

Pretty much but with more weight to the movement.

>can make it through a loop without a speedbooster
>can't even get up a ramp
what the fuck

Attached: 1556363660634.png (692x765, 365K)

youtu.be/iM6qebS36IU

Attached: 1553160699838.gif (558x400, 171K)

Attached: Sonic Forces Loopity Loop.webm (800x450, 2.97M)

>drops like a rock if he hits a wall at high speed
that makes NO SENSE!

Is this how people that don't like Mania see the game?

It's Sonic Team's idea of "weight", I know that much for sure.

The only good 3d sonic game is sonic riders.

There's something very professional about the whole look of this, I just want Sonic Team to stop treating enemies in 3D as homing attack fodder which is why I mentioned Knuckles since they can't do that to him and it would be a much needed learning experience for them.

If we're pulling in spinoffs I'm pretty fond of Sonic R myself. Riders and Sega All-Stars are bretty gud too.
Totally agree man, I've been saying this for awhile. Knuckles glide would make platforming more manageable while going fast and his climbing would allow for more vertically oriented level design instead of endless fucking hallways.
Plus Knuckles is just plain cool.

Attached: 1502743784044.jpg (1024x640, 70K)

It's all good, honestly
youtu.be/JEHBtq4xvS4
youtu.be/wKdo5f5X_qc

Attached: 1502126183942.gif (251x173, 95K)

Seriously out of all the franchises that get cool fangame stuff Sonic is the only one that makes you unironically think that Sega should hire them.

Sonic Fans have known this franchise better than the executives for over a decade. They're so out of touch with what fans really want it's downright depressing. Why do you think there was so much celebration over Mania? It was made by people who knew that genre like the back of their hand, so you knew it would play right. Guarantee you if they did something like Project Hero for 3D Sonic, there would be just as much celebration again. The perfect timeline would be new Evening Star games and 3D games like Project Hero co-existing.

Attached: StealthandTaxman.jpg (502x754, 85K)

>Sonic Team becomes popular because no one could have made their games better than them
>Now it's literally the opposite
Maybe if they gave them a good dev team and let them do something that wasn't a Sonic game they could prove they still got it at least creatively, the whole thing just feels like a joke I'm not part of.

Attached: 1509412372642.jpg (636x637, 174K)

Well I heard a majority of Sonic Team got shifted over to work on the new Sakura Wars after Forces.

Like the other user said, 'trade off' and 'compromise' is pretty synonymous in this case. The fact spindash breaks the pace is the ENTIRE POINT. To gain instant speed without working for it has the compromise of having to halt all previous momentum and eat up time to activate. Drop dash has neither of these compromises and lets the player "Go fast" virtually whenever they like, making the act of trying to keep momentum, the entire point of the game, entirely null and void.

That's why creating a completely new character just to add a movement to the gameplay is a better idea than just making Sonic a killing machine, hopefully it will just stay with Sonic being OP while the other characters keep themselves balanced with their speed gains and loses.

Mania is shit for the same reason Adventure 1/2 is shit: shit controls.

Here are the only good Sonic games:
CD
3/S&K

That's it. Now kill this LOLSONIC bullshit argument over which pile of shit version is sligtly better than another pile of shit version and realize that gaming has been fucking dead for over 20 years now exactly because of shit like Adventure, MGS, HL, and Mario 64 -- style over substance garbage with shit controls and garbage gameplay.

Meh.

I still don't get why the drop dash is suddenly a problem, it's only about as powerful as a single rev spindash, so it's only slightly faster than your default running speed. And you gain speed rolling down hills quickly anyway so what's the difference? I mean, I dunno. Maybe that's just my outlook because almost everyone was praising it when the game first came out, and now suddenly I'm hearing this complaint more often most likely because of how popular it's become. If they really wanted to make it OP, it'd be as potent as 6 revs or something.

>461628583
>shit controls
Prove it, unless this is a bait post of course.

i can make it simple for you user
it's a mechanic in mania that wasn't present in the original games

and you know what they say?
the more the... no not that one
OLD GOOD NEW BAD

I've been saying it's shit since it was revealed to be a thing, don't know if anyone else has been bandwagoning. And instant speed is instant speed, pretty sure it's a bit more powerful than a single rev spin dash regardless.

I think my friend said it best. She just sees it as a sign of Sonic growing, of course he'll learn tricks to make him stronger and more capable than before.

I get his point, but the thing is that the stages do not really gain an extra level of depth in casual play if you spam drop dash, if the stages were nu-3D Sonic tier it would be completely broken but Mania level design prevents a non experienced player from abusing it, I know this because when I started playing it I literally didn't get the point of drop dash, it felt awkward as fuck in any place that wasn't flat or a loop, it wasn't until I replayed the stages that I planned what the timing was going to be in the platforms and the difference in how I played the first time and how I played the 5th time was massive. I feel like it was implemented to give a greater sense of progression that the old games didn't had, not to make things easier for kids.

Man, now I just feel bad for thinking it was cool...

It's a "Cool in concept, complete shit that breaks everything in practice." I for one wouldn't blame you for thinking that.

As if the spindash in Sonic 2 was any better.

I guess if it's any solace, at least you can turn it off for something more old fashioned like the peel out or insta-shield if it's a mechanic you're not fond of.

Not that guy, just the guy who agreed with him earlier.
See I knew the point of the drop dash as soon as I saw it and I abused the fuck out of it my first playthrough. It's gratifying at first but I dunno I think it makes the game a little more shallow. Call me a boomer if you want but I prefer the utility and simplicity of the insta-shield. The drop dash is just too good in too many situations.
Mania is definitely the easiest Sonic game by far imo, not entirely because of the drop dash, but partly because it's level design was built with it in mind.

>projared
Don't you mean Arin?

I suppose, but being easier than 3 isn't automatically a bad thing either. I always find it to be a good ride even if it's more comfortable.

I guess I was more excited to try other things like the shields to care about the drop dash.

Eh, I have fun with it but I kinda start feeling numb to the whole thing when I start getting to the later levels. I just go through the motions and stumble my way to victory.
Mania actually helped me find a new appreciation for Sonic 1 and 2 because there's a real chance I might get low on lives and have to nut the fuck up and try hard in those games. Mania feels like it's on cruise control to me, I need a little bit more stimulation.
I still really like Mania though, don't get the wrong impression.

That's a fair statement but honestly I've played the old sonics arguably too much for my own good so they're all kinda cruise control for me these days lmao
But yeah, it was still a very important game that we needed during another one of Sonic's rough patches. I really hope a sequel will be twice as good. Still glad you had fun regardless.

This thread turned out pretty good for what started out as bait. Sleep well, Sonicbros, of all eras.