I'm never going to play another Monolithsoft game again. These fuckers cannot make a 100% good game...

I'm never going to play another Monolithsoft game again. These fuckers cannot make a 100% good game. They always find some way to fuck it up.

XC2s last chapter and ending is the biggest kick in the face I've ever experienced in a JRPG. This whole franchise is garbage. XC1 was a fluke that because these fucking hacks can't let well enough alone gets ruined because of XC2.

Xenogears is only good for nostalgiafags.
Xenosaga 1 sucks.
Xenosaga 2 sucks.
Xenosaga 3 sucks.
Xenoblade Chronicles is decent at best.
Xenoblade Chronicles X nobody played.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is the worst garbage mankind has shit out in the last 5 years.
And you know what? Fuck Baten Kaitos too.

Fuck Nintendo. Fuck the Switch. And fuck you Yea Forums

Attached: 6675385.jpg (733x600, 149K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b0_ngfQrhbE
youtube.com/watch?v=57iO3Gd0laM
xenoblade.github.io/xb2_jp/bdat/bf10480100_ms.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ok

you already made this thread

>XC2s last chapter and ending is the biggest kick in the face I've ever experienced in a JRPG
i'm not gonna play it anyway so spoil me, whats the ending and why is it bad?

the last chapter is literally the only good part of XB2, tho

1. To fully understand it, it requires having played Xenoblade Chronicles 1.
2. It basically means that your actions in XC1 kill the god of the world in XC2 you essentially get only half an ending if you haven't played the first game.
3. Why is that a problem? XC2 sure, marketed as 2, clearly it says its a sequel. But up until the last chapter it was clearly a standalone title. There were no references to the other game at all until the last hour of gameplay.
4. The ending wastes time with a meaningless sacrifice that immediately gets reverted into a better outcome anyway
5. It's bad and all of Monolith soft games come down to this garbage Zohar thing and it fucking sucks For once I would love this team to not include their garbage fanfiction device in every single game they make

Attached: Zohar.png (475x936, 413K)

Xenoblade 2 takes place in a different universe than Xenoblade 1 which is running parallel to 1's story and Xenoblade 2's God dies at the same time that Xenoblade 1's God dies, and Xenoblade 2 takes place in the distant future of Earth while Xenoblade 1 is some weird pocket dimension.
Oh, and they brought back the Zohar from Xenosaga.

>There were no references to the other game at all until the last hour of gameplay.
You didn't play the game. There were references to the first game in the main story as early as Chapter 3.

>There were no references to the other game at all until the last hour of gameplay.
That's not true, it's foreshadowed really fucking heavily from chapter 7 on.

literally who cares you fucking nerd

Excuse me?
9:20
youtube.com/watch?v=b0_ngfQrhbE

The only other blatant reference is Malos screaming Monado every 10 seconds in the solo fight against him.

There's literally nothing else related to XC1 for the entirety of the game.

Stop talking about games you haven't played.

The ending brought back the complexity from older Xeno games and confused Xenoblade 1 brainlets

Attached: xeno autistic screeching.png (1240x1797, 507K)

You're a mad idiot who can't keep his emotions in check to properly or fairly criticize a game, and to top it off, you inserted your company/console tribalism autism in there for good measure, so I'm not going to trust your taste or your judgment.

Game was fun. Glad I didn't listen to Yea Forums.

What are you even inferring? Foresight is a reference? It doesn't even mean anything. Shulk had foresight with his Monado sure but in XC2 it's just plot convenience, it only matters it cutscene battles as a way to give Rex a boost to fight evenly against people he shouldn't be able to.

But I have played them. I have played every Xeno game. I finished XC2 last night and it was great up until the end. I even got tricked into buying the DLC so I could recruit Shulk and Firoa but to my surprise you can't even get them permanently until you beat the game. Sure am glad I wasted hours farming gold chips from Vampire Queen Marion. Do you want screenshots or something?

Better yet
1:04
youtube.com/watch?v=57iO3Gd0laM

Dont they have a whole XCX2 set of DLC including an expansion? If the ending isn't to your liking maybe its because the real ending is in the expansions?

Also if you don't play all the games in a series you may miss something. From what I hear...

Xenogears is stand alone but if you play it first it helps with...
Xenosaga 1 2 ,3 are directly sequential thematically, missing one means missing things. Also make sure you play the undubbed and uncensored version of each.
Xenoblade Chronicles I think is stand alone from the previous and is simply inspired by
XCX is stand alone but it helps to have played the previous title.
XC2 and it's DLC require the previous two for full understanding

Not sure about the Xenoblade games as I've not played them yet but I am going to do so in order. Play XC on Dolphin emu, XCX on Cemu, and XC2 on Yuzu when it's ready

the XC2 expansion is a prequel where you play as one of the games villains to find out why he's a dick

XB2's DLC doesn't do anything to change the ending, it just elaborates on some shit that happened way before the main game.

OP is acting retarded on purpose, the ending of XC2 is the best part of either Xenoblade game.

The DLC ending isn't an ending, the DLC is the Lacan chapter from Xenogears equivalent of XC2.

Did you miss the part where Rex sees Klaus's experiment when he grabs the third sword?

It doesn't even really do that, it just spoonfeeds the player to make what was already in the base game more obvious.

There's a fuckload of little bits of foreshadowing about XC1 and XC2's connections as far back as the beginning of the game
The connection only unravels during the last two hours.

How am I acting retarded on purpose? I legitimately disliked the final chapter of this game. Aion as the final boss was disappointing, I didn't enjoy Malos as a character either.

Sure, we see one small second of Klaus and the orbital station, it's literally entirely possible I actually blinked the one second Klaus was shown when we get the 3rd sword but at that point the games already near the end.

You can't say this game was marketed as a sequel to XC1, it barely references XC1 and then at the end throws the entire XC1 game in your face.

I swear to god if Ontos is actually Alvis I'm going to be even more pissed.

>You can't say this game was marketed as a sequel to XC1
It's literally called Xenoblade 2.

And? That doesn't mean anything. None of the promos or trailers made any connection to XC1. XCX was standalone. They never said this was a continuation. I just feel really bad for the people that bought XC2 without having played XC1.

>That doesn't mean anything.
Of course it does, hell the only series that doesn't have real connections like that is Final Fantasy.

Xenoblade X isn't a numbered sequel. Xenoblade 2 is.

How Xenoblade 1 and 2 connect is literally no different than what Earthbound and Mother 3 connect.

>local man baffled by plot twists

post japanese humor

It’s called Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I am
Not sure what else to say.

>I just feel really bad for the people that bought XC2 without having played XC1.
I've talked to plenty of people who played it that way and none of them were particularly confused by or upset about the connections, so you really shouldn't be.
The biggest complaint from people who disliked the ending is typically the whole sacrifice business and how Pyra and Mythra come back at the end.

>I swear to god if Ontos is actually Alvis I'm going to be even more pissed.
I mean...that's basically what 99% of the fanbase thinks.

Why does the connection even trigger you so much?

>And fuck you Yea Forums

Attached: banana.jpg (156x206, 6K)

>how Pyra and Mythra come back at the end
There might even be an explanation for that. What if the XC1/XC2 shared world theory is right and the conduit is now in this dimension?
It *could* reactivate the core crystal.

XCX was revealed as a spinoff.
XC2 was revealed showing a youthful protagonist with a red sword running on moving titans while enemies present in XC1 but absent in XCX showed up
Even the fucking box art should tell you it's a fucking sequel.

>theory
Are you dense?

>first core i open after beating the game gives me t-elos
>still no kos-mos

hell yea

There's a scene at the beginning of one of the middle chapters of Klaus restarting the world.

Why? There's no evidence that Rex and the Titans end up in Shulks new universe.
So it's just a theory.

I don't think that's a requirement. There was never any damage to the core crystal itself in the first place, so I don't see why it wouldn't eventually reactivate just like a normal crystal would, no Conduit required.

>Xenoblade 2
>anything being complex

>nobody played.
How is that a problem with the game itself?

XB2 literally made XB1's last twist actually consequential and meaningful

Every comedy scene with Reyn is anime as fuck though.

Its not bad

>Xfags pretending they're not the ones screeching autistically

>final fantasy 2 has nothing to do with the first one!?
>NOOOOO HOW CAN THIS BE HAPENING TO ME
this is how you sound

thats literally the opposite of what i said

Baten Kaitos's dub is underrated for how awful it is

>Xenogears is only good for nostalgiafags.
It's heavily flawed but still worth playing nowadays just for how novel a lot of its design elements are as a whole.
>Xenosaga 1 sucks.
I wouldn't say sucks. Despite the trash character designs and cutscene direction I think the story is decent, and the gameplay is mediocre at worst.
>Xenosaga 2 sucks.
Yeah not disagreeing on this one.
>Xenosaga 3 sucks.
It's solidly decent, frankly a miracle after 2.
>Xenoblade Chronicles is decent at best.
True.
>Xenoblade Chronicles X nobody played.
That has nothing to do with its quality though you twat.
>Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is the worst garbage mankind has shit out in the last 5 years.
Objectively incorrect and I'm honestly shocked that the last chapter is what turned you on it when 7 is by far the worst in the game after 8 and the last two are where it mostly redeems itself.

Not him but it's objectively the most complex thing Takahashi's written in over a decade. Complexity isn't synonymous with good though.

They came back because of the very first thing you learn about Blades and Core Crystals

OP is a troll, move along folks.

>Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is the worst garbage mankind has shit out in the last 5 years.
>I finished XC2 last night and it was great up until the end.

Attached: FCJ-158fig16-300x300.jpg (300x300, 21K)

Them coming back literally contradicts that very shit, user. Not only are they now in a separate form clearly with their old memories intact, their core crystal existing entirely seperately to them before they die is some "uhhhhh the zohar did it" tier bullshit to begin with.

Takahashi has admitted it was a fanservice scene intended to lighten up the ending, don't go trying to pretend it was some well plotted twist. It happens by author fiat and nothing more.

Oh no no no

Attached: Elma I came here to laugh at you.jpg (640x478, 208K)

>with their old memories intact
Source?

the fact they clearly recognize rex and whichever you picked earlier says "Tadaima" you autist

I haven't seen this fucking image in over a decade.

>the fact they clearly recognize rex
Source?
>whichever you picked earlier says "Tadaima"
Source for this? Their voices are silent at the end of the games
Back up your claims.

end of the game*

>muh headcanon

It sounds like you don't understand what the Zohar actually is. It's not really supposed to be some epic plot device that ties all the games together. If it seems that way, that's just a side effect of what its actual purpose is.

All the xeno games are fundamentally about existentialism, i.e. what does it mean to exist, what is "God," what(if anything) should people live for, etc.. They use gnostic mythology as a template to show differing perspectives or "answers" to that ultimate question(hence why Klaus refers to Pneuma as "the other answer" in his conversation with Malos, for example). But none of those answers are really "right," because there CAN be no fundamental answer to the question of existence. At least, not one that would make sense from a limited, "mortal" perspective. The Conduit/Zohar/Wave Existence is an attempt to highlight that limitation by showing that even though we're dealing with godLIKE entities(i.e. Zanza, Malos/Pneuma, etc.), they're still just pale imitations of the true, fundamentally incomprehensible God-with-a-capital-G. It's not really "important" to the plot in the sense that it actually plays any kind of active role. It's more like just another aspect of the setting/worldbuilding itself, an impassive force of nature.

Subtitles were found in the game for both an ending where they lost their memories and where they didn't. Neither is used in the actual ending, but the girl you picked saying tadaima in the memories retained ending is clearly what happens in the one we got.

This was datamined fucking forever ago. Look in the github of the code.

I think you misunderstand my complaint. I'm just tired of seeing Zohar imagery. XCX was great cause it lacked it. But I guess lifeholds look like zohars so it doesnt matter

>Them coming back literally contradicts that very shit, user.
No it doesn't.
One, the core crystal was intact meaning they can return from that state.
Two, the Aegis holds all of the information of humans, blades, titans etc. on top of memories and bonds that blades have with humans. In other words unlike other Blades she's the storage for their memories.
Three, there are several blades that contain two separate organisms for example Ursula. On top of that the Aegis is the key of evolution as it adjusts that previously mentioned data and sends it back to the core crystals.

>Takahashi has admitted it was a fanservice scene intended to lighten up the ending
Yeah but it doesn't contradict anything so there you go.

There is no source because he's a shitposting retard. It's purposely left ambiguous if they regained their memories or not; what we know about Blades points that they should lose their memories, but we also that Aegises don't adhere to a lot of the same laws that regular Blades adhere to so the player can believe they regained their memories.

>Subtitles were found in the game for both an ending where they lost their memories and where they didn't. Neither is used in the actual ending, but the girl you picked saying tadaima in the memories retained ending is clearly what happens in the one we got.
>This was datamined fucking forever ago. Look in the github of the code.
I love how you aren't providing sources.

xenoblade.github.io/xb2_jp/bdat/bf10480100_ms.html
>ただいま

This is from the cut split ending. They say tadaima in it, same cues as the ones used in the ending we got even if not subs are retained. They remember, stop trying to pretend the ending wasn't saccharine fanservice shit like Takahashi explained.

You know even if they do remember it doesn't present a contradiction right?

Why does it bother you so much, then? It's just a fun little thing for the devs/fans. Each game(even the first Xenoblade, which so-called "true fans" love to complain is watered-down shit) communicates its themes competently enough that non-brainlets should get the idea even if they're not familiar with the other games' lore.

If you want them to abandon the existential themes altogether you should just say they should stop making xeno games.

The ending is left vague on purpose. You're supposed to be left wondering if their memories were intact. I actually prefer the idea that they were reset. It gives Rex stoically greeting them at the end more impact and resolves his character arc nicely.

>if not subs are retained
how the fuck did that not end up two words behind where I meant to type it

See above.

>This is from the cut split ending.
>Cut
Exactly.
Thus it's ambiguous if they retained their memories or not.

Ontos is not Alvis. Ontos will play a key roll in XC3.

do you keep shulk fiora and elma in NG+?

Xenoblade Chronicles 1 is a masterpiece faggot, xc2 sucks though