I built a new PC, i9700k and RTX 2080. What games should I play? I have a 4K monitor too

I built a new PC, i9700k and RTX 2080. What games should I play? I have a 4K monitor too.

Played through Max Payne 3 and I enjoyed it. I haven't had a Gaming PC since 2012.

GIve me the best PC games

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 122K)

Depends on what genres you're a fan of. You could try Doom 2016, if you want to shoot more stuff, but that game is very different from Max Payne 3.

The best PC games aren't the AAA slop that your rig might actually make use of

Yeah I like all kinds of games, just no autism map painting and indies. Is Cities Skylines fun? I played Doom on PS$ already, is it much better onPC?

ALso where do I buy cheap keys?

mordhau and re2 remake are some of the more recent ones I've enjoyed. Kingdom Come deliverance was fun for the first 50 hours or so until my character was overpowered ( great graphics too if you want to test your pc).

ironically, the best pc games tend to be ones you can play with a pc from 2012.
rpg's:
fallout, fallout 2 (restoration patch), fallout: nevada, underrail, divinity: original sin 2 and i'm told pathfinder: kingmaker is pretty good
shooters:
metro 2033, metro last light
all i can think of off the top of my head

I never played New Vegas because I had a bug where I couldn't get any radio on my old PC. It's funny checking back in my old Steam acounts. There are so many games I bought and never played. And all my friends from gaming forums are still there. Damn, it feels like I'm 18 again.

The Talos Principle
Serious Sam 3: BFE
Nier: Automata
Killing Floor 2

Especially the first 2 are superb for PC benchmarking thanks to their HUGE options menus. In plural.
Great games as well.

emulate Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild, using CEMU. Should be easy 4K 60fps for you, and the game is absolutely amazing.

I have never emulated, do I risk getting a letter in the mail? I'm from Germany desu

>Nier: Automata
terrible weebjank game where you just slash swords at health sponge enemies. the only reason its popular is because the main character is a beautiful white woman.

not new vegas, don't play bethesda cancer. they're all just oblivion with guns.
Fallout: Nevada is a fan mod of Fallout 2.

>I have never emulated,
...is that even possible?

>do I risk getting a letter in mail?
I've emulated fucktons of games and systems for over 15 years now, and I've never had a single note or anything. It's extra OK if you rip your own games, but fuck it; just double VPN, and let the torrents rip!

Typical meme shitpost: the post.

nier is legitimately just a terrible game with nice visuals

>because the main character is a beautiful white woman.
t. never even played the game.

I mean I have bought the game already on my Switch but I don't want to receive a $800 fine in the mail for filesharing

yeah, i looked at gameplay and saw nothing worth playing. you may not realize it, but it's possible to tell what a game is like without actually playing it. i'm here to warn OP. shit, if you're really into that gameplay you might as well just play metal gear rising.

If you like cities skylines, try the Anno series(except 2205) and Frostpunk.

Candy Crush

>I built a new PC, i9700k and RTX 2080. What games should I play? I have a 4K monitor too.
Sucker. Hope it lasts.

I'm not talking about NieR.
I said clearly: "Nier Automata".
Which is a superb, beautiful and touching game. The greatest and the most important interactive experience of this decade.

>you may not realize it, but it's possible to tell what a game is like without actually playing it.
Look, I got 25 years and 300+ games worth of experience with vidya, and I do actually agree with you there.
BUT, in case of Nier Automata? Nah man, you have absolutely nooo fucking idea. *I* had no fucking idea, which is partly why I ignored the game for over a year initially.

Now? I think it's the first game to truly challenge mega-classics like Zelda: OoT.

>you just might play MGR
way to triviliaze Nier by talking out of your ass.

That kind of shit even possible?
Like said: if you need to torrent, just use proxies and don't fall for obvious honey traps.

i was obviously talking about the same game since i responded to your initial post about nier:automata. i'm not going to write that shit out every time.
>The greatest and the most important interactive experience of this decade.
9 times out of 10 when someone oversells anything in this way, it's actually the complete opposite.

How do you feel about autistic map painting with real time battles in the warhammer fantasy setting? Total Warhammer 1&2 will run incredibly well on your machine, probably.

If you don't mind autistic amounts of work/time spent modding stuff you could try a playthrough of modded skyrim, too.

>9 times out of 10 when someone oversells anything in this way, it's actually the complete opposite.
That is true.
However, Automata is unironically that last 1 out of the 10 gem.

How is he a sucker exactly?

Well a friend of mine got a $800 fine for downloading a Games of Thrones episode. I have never used VPN so I need to get myself informed

be honest, you just really like 2b (i do too, but ill never play the game)

you do realize they just send those out willy nilly hoping to scare people into paying? they're not dragging anyone into court over 800 dollars (good luck making that case in the first place).

Mount and Blade. Get the battle slider to increase the amount of troops on screen at once.

>be honest, you just really like 2b (i do too, but ill never play the game)
Not him but I'm on his side. As much as I like to jerk it to 2B I actually take the game pretty seriously when playing and don't take every waking moment trying to peak up her skirt or blowing myself up just to see the booty.
Besides that 2B is literally only like in 30% of the game.

>be honest, you just really like 2b
I honestly do not. I think she's perhaps the weakest, least interesting and least attractive character in the whole game.
I enjoyed 9S' character and gameplay WAY more.
A2 however is mai waifu.

All that being said, I love the game's themes, story, atmosphere and gameplay. I won't feel any shame admitting that I shed literal tears at the end, and hope that my small sacrifice makes someone else happy one day.

I don't know man as I said I have never downloaded anything illegal in my whole life

>How is he a sucker exactly?
That shit isn't worth the price at all.

boards dot Yea Forums dot org slash v

>Well a friend of mine got a $800 fine for downloading a Games of Thrones episode.
Gee... I wonder why?
Rule of thumb: Don't pirate blatant trap files of popular mainstream TV series and films.

Grab NordVPN deal, and use P2P safe connections. Then, use some common sense and only DL verified files from known groups.
Or get to the deep waters of MEGA links.

I've downloaded terabytes worth of shit throughout my life. Hell, my MOTHER asks me to DL some silly shit for her from time to time.
Never had any problems so far, though I seldom follow anything trendy mainstream crap. I also live a few thousand km above you.

>I won't feel any shame admitting that I shed literal tears at the end, and hope that my small sacrifice makes someone else happy one day.
Lol, homo. what happens after you beat E? I couldn't finish the credits cause I pirated. It. Is it just delete save and that's it? Nothing else? Nothing else to add to the story?

FFXV has some neat support for high end rigs, and it does look pretty. Not recommended if you don't like JRPG though. Meh, even if you do, XV is one of the most divisive game in the series, so idk, whatever suits you. Look up some gameplay videos, see if it's interesting for you.

No, it's not "just this or that". It's a lot more, in many ways. That is all I'm saying.
I also hope OP abandons this thread and just goes to play the game.

Do I even need all that for Cemu? I thought it was like hacking your 3DS?

>I won't feel any shame admitting that I shed literal tears at the end, and hope that my small sacrifice makes someone else happy one day
lel
well now you know. it's not worth the time or money it would take to harass a mere downloader, they go after uploaders and even then it's only rarely. most people just get a boogeyman letter from their isp (if at all). it's more like legally grey rather than illegal, you can literally ignore this shit, but use a vpn or private torrent tracker if you want the tinfoil hat.
the "legal" problems surrounding piracy are all blown out of proportion, its all about conveniency vs inconveniency

CEMU is an emulator you run on your gaming PC.
You still need to find a rip of the GAME to run on it, one way or another. The 100% safe way is to rip your own disc, but that's a hassle with WiiU & other modern console titles, which is why most people just snatch pre-ripped copies from the online world.

I already played Nier a long time ago desu

And if I download a VPN can I just pirate all games out there? What's the point in buying games then?

Tetris or chess.

>And if I download a VPN can I just pirate all games out there?
Practically yes.
I still would not just click any fishy link out there.

>what's the point of buying games then?
That's the million dollar question.
One possible answer are the online-only / online function relying games, which obviously may not work at all / as well in offline mode.
Nier:Automata is one such title, while MP-gaems are the obvious examples.

>No, it's not "just this or that". It's a lot more, in many ways.
Wtf. I don't care about the deeper implications of delete your save. I'm just asking wtf happens after you delete. NG all over again? No NG+ all your progress is gone and you've got nothing to show for it other than a cool background at the menu screen and a pretty trophy?

You don't need online at all for Nier.
Unless you want to suicide your own save file which is ridiculous

You become a helping ship for another player, somewhere across the planet. There's also extra story bits and implications post the fight scene, that do matter, and are canon.

The fact that you two are treating one of the most powerful scenes in gaming history, one utilizing actual video game logic and stable features of its culture at that, as something so trivial... it's just sad. Literally a case of being a shallow brainlett.

If you just got a new PC I would recommend Origin Access and Gamepass for $1

>The fact that you two are treating one of the most powerful scenes in gaming history, one utilizing actual video game logic and stable features of its culture at that, as something so trivial... it's just sad. Literally a case of being a shallow brainlett.
Yeah it was amazing and all. But don't call me a brainlet because I don't worship taro as a living God and would literally destroy my own save file as an act of devotion to his divine art.
Yeah it was beautiful. But I don't need to participate in a suicide cult. I can observe from afar and appreciate.

most games are not worth buying because they're shit. thats especially true for "triple A" titles. you can try the game out with piracy and then buy it to support the devs (i recommend you do this especially with smaller studios since it helps them make more games, they tend not to have investors).
people stopped making game demos so they've invited this practice, 50% of it is literally to scam people out of 50$ or whatever it costs so don't feel bad about it

>But don't call me a brainlet because I don't worship taro as a living God and would literally destroy my own save file as an act of devotion to his divine art.
I'd not even heard of the guy before I played Automata. Afterwards, I went to hunt down and play all his past titles.

>muh suicide cult
Extremely depressing world view you got there.

Even my wife, a total, maniac-tier perfectionist and trophy-whore, ultimately went through the [E]nding, just to be part of it all. But not without contemplating the options and how much she'd regret it afterwards, for a solid half an hour, while sipping whiskey.
She 100% the game the next month, starting from scratch.

Look at this fucking fanboy lmao.
I like the game but you are fucking mental.

Yeah what this guy said.They honestly don't even finish their games these days. They release half a game and prepare the other half for dlc which all together will cost more than the game.
On top of that the game will be a buggy mess and you'll have to install a 5gb patch minimum just to have the game reasonably playable.
Majority of the AAA out there are genuine crooks that don't deserve a cent.

>lol look at this guy being passionate about a magnificent, life changing game!!
t. (You)

Good thing it'll last a decade easily.

arcanum
deus ex
yume nikkir
stronghold crusader
team fortress 2

Try the Talos Principle, and its story-DLC, Road To Gehenna. Amazing atmospheric puzzlers, and enough settings to either make it run on Nvidia tablets from 2014, or genuflect 3000€ gayming rigs with crazy graphix

I have a new build coming in a few days
i7-7800X, GTX 2070 and a 1440p monitor
any other games worth looking into, preferably aRPGS?

>I'd not even heard of the guy before I played Automata. Afterwards, I went to hunt down and play all his past titles.
Just another lamb for his herd(in a good way)
>Extremely depressing world view you got there.
Automata didn't help that.
>Even my wife
No such thing! But I'll humor it.
This is the power of your divine Lord Taro.
I don't blame her. Redownloaded automata last week
What she think about all the booty?

>What she think about all the booty?
Literally tried to have it peek out as much and as often as possible. Not even joking.
I guess our mental roles are reversed in that sense.

without spoilers, whats life changing about it? i find it hard to believe the game actually explores anything worth getting emotional over.

>Good thing it'll last a decade easily.
Look back 1 decade from now and see how well the very high ended last. And see where they are. Also don't forget how stagnant CPUs were and even those are far off.
The honest fact of the matter if you want to future proof and spend your money wisely you'll buy med-high end range. Far more cost effective and it keeps you at the high perf range. I'm too lazy to explain it all but look up future proofing and cost/perf. Look for something comparing tier ranges.

thinking of upgraing my computer by getting a Radeon video card and Ryzen cpu. Are there any issues with the drivers or anything I should be aware? I remember radeon cards tend to have bad drivers from my experience anyway

>I have a new build coming in a few days
i7-7800X, GTX 2070 and a 1440p monitor
REEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
WHY ARE ALL THESE FUCKING NORMIES SUPPORTING THESE SHIT COMPANIES!!! WHY ARE THEY DOING POINTLESS OVERPRICED UPGRADES FOR NO REASON!!!!
REEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

all i recall from upgrading late last year is AMD still isn't competitive in price:performance ratio. just look at benchmarks. GPU's may be a different story but i refuse to use anything but nvidia/intel, the raw power and defacto support just can't be beaten. nvidia shadowplay is pretty fucking nice too.

true, i wouldn't get a 2000 series nvidia. shit is overpriced and memetracing is not what they advertise. it might be ina couple of generations, but thats far off still.

>whats life changing about it?
To me personally, the game opened my eyes of things like the repetition of endless cycles of learned and inherited habits, and many base-line and more advanced existentialism themes. The whole idea of getting to witness "the children of humanity" is fascinating on its own, but the way these all around superior beings might still worship men as their gods, just because they spawned them, is a whole another level of mind games.

Then there's plenty of gut-hitting story scenes, heart wrecking side content that shines all new light on things, and some gameplay events that will hit any proper gamer harder than any death of Aeris 'n' shit ever could.

I realized my mistake, but amazon refunded the gpu despite it being in the process of delivery, I suppose that's a win in my book.

>all i recall from upgrading late last year is AMD still isn't competitive in price:performance ratio.
Simply not true
>GPU's may be a different story but i refuse to use anything but nvidia/intel,
Amd GPUs are shit.
Don't take advice from Yea Forums. They're idiots that don't know what they're talking about.
Amd will be releasing new CPUs soon. What for them. They're about to BTFO of intel and intel can't do jack shit about it.
What the excuse for the CPU? It's literally 2 generations old?

ok, now i just have one very important question:
are you a girl or just an effeminate dude

>Don't take advice from Yea Forums
>gives advice from Yea Forums

I couldn't be bothered trying to find one that wasn't over 400 dollars, but I can return the cpu and buy a better version with the refunded money

>The best advice to take from Yea Forums is no advice.
This should be a banner

that's still Yea Forums advice, bub

RTX 2070 is not worth the price. If you can, look for a used 1080 for half the price or less of a 2070. Minimal performance differences.

>I couldn't be bothered trying to find one that wasn't over 400 dollars, but I can return the cpu and buy a better version with the refunded money
You really should. Like do you even bother doing any research before you make your purchases? Cause that's just ridiculous to me. I bet you bought that new. If your going new just get a 9400f for like $200. That thing is a slayer in gaming. Best budget gaming CPU. And it's not even that far off from the high-end. Check reviews m8.
>that's still Yea Forums advice, bub
You should suck my dick ;^)

Is a 9700k/2070 a good combo or should I bump up to a 2080 for 1440p/144hz?

>I bought all this crap
>NOW I will search what to play on it
This is why people go around with 1800 moba machines

see just be sure it's not a used card by some bitcoin mining sperg. the 2000 series is basically a scam, the 1080ti is basically on par with the 2080. margin of error.

Infinifactory and The Talos Principal are pretty based puzzle games

>Is a 9700k/2070 a good combo or should I bump up to a 2080 for 1440p/144hz?
People like you really shouldn't have disposable income.
I remember my friend got a gtx titan and regretted it after a month or so and ended up selling it because he couldn't afford the loan. Or he saw it wasn't worth it.

I thought bitcoin mining cards weren't so bad since they're usually underclocked and miners don't cheap out on cooling.

lol, yeah just keep spending money every 3-4 years.
What a fucking joke. All the people on Yea Forums do is repeat the same fucking bullshit. Tired of this shit.
I do agree that the 2080 is the worst RTX card. Either go 2070 or 2080 ti