It's time to talk about the best Castlevania game

It's time to talk about the best Castlevania game.

Attached: shanoa castlevania.png (1000x1465, 2.11M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=74636092
youtube.com/watch?v=4hQkSbutQyQhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOxrSQYossQ
youtu.be/ePhdHP8h6_M
youtube.com/watch?v=KR0UjAQIX6E
youtube.com/watch?v=fvwAhp0Eu5M
youtube.com/watch?v=VuQSKUTe89g
romhacking.net/games/1070/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

good game

Attached: 500.gif (452x317, 1.84M)

>Heel hanging off the edge

Best Castlevania game is and always will be the first, followed closely by Castlevania III. And then there's a power gap. And then there's metroidshit

Post more gifs like this.

>Merunyaa
Oh it's that retarded weeb bitch who spammed her scat/diaper shit everywhere and then decided trying to go "legit" by using the same goddamn pen name.

Attached: 400.gif (460x343, 1.63M)

>segmented levels
Sadly disqualifies it from the running.
Also still mad that equipping different armors didn't change Shanoa's dress to that color, like how Alucard's cape could change colors.

Attached: 1544333854495.png (1624x1045, 1.32M)

Mmm... Backpussy...

Portrait of Ruin? Sure!

Attached: fQdNWs5.jpg (67x67, 2K)

You've got some bad taste there.

III is better than I in every conceivable way imaginable, sweetie.

Never actually played OoE.
I've not been on a Castlevania kick for a while, last time I thought I'd finally play Symphony of the Night after I'd finished the GBA games and the other two DS games.
I got to the upside castle and just dropped it.

Attached: 300.gif (500x322, 1.02M)

the saturn version is pretty fun with new areas and maria playable

Attached: 536568.gif (500x413, 1.8M)

OoE is actually so godddamn beautiful to look at.

is their an alternate version?

Attached: 1402360606972.jpg (659x822, 320K)

How does Shanoa feel about her daughter's and her daughter's gf's games

That her daughter is a millionaire and her daughter's gf is a pure girl.

>merunyaa
Imagine the smell

>tfw no good castelvania ever again
Kill me

Attached: 1552252721685.png (800x655, 22K)

buy up the collections goy, and MAYBE they'll bring back the seires

>Quality Shanoa fan art in 2019
I don't know if this was a comission or if it was just the artist's good will but this really based.

I want to fuck Shanoa, her daughter and the night.

Attached: 1541037637132.png (512x828, 67K)

>that shit in OP
>good
It barely even looks like Shanoa. More like a random anime chick. Also traced.

>traced
[citation needed]

Yikes imagine being this retarded.

SEETHING jealous failed artcuck

Show me where it's traced from then.

I don't see anybody talking about CV3 though.

Attached: 1556746487716.gif (200x190, 838K)

Why is she sitting like that

she's about to take a fat shit

Slavic descent.

>111k followers
seems to be working

Based thread

Thats because it aint the best castlevania game, dickwad.

Maybe her butt hurts.

It is merunyaa...

Upgrade soon.

Attached: cndydbwuchr.png (1600x2400, 3.4M)

OoE is the only reason I haven't gotten rid of my 3DS yet.

My favorite will always be Aria of Sorrow. I'm sad that we never got a Julius Belmont game, would've been fucking cool.

At this point, I'm hoping for Netflix Castlevania 1999. Not like Konami will deliver.

Like removing some of the pointless details on her outfit and giving her a more consistent color palette?

From what?

did she make a meru version of this pic?

Attached: 1446770978306.jpg (250x250, 13K)

Whats the pixel size of her character?
In fact what pixel size is the Castlevania games drawn in? I wanna draw some stuff for my own fangame.

Probably not. If the higher ups get a collective concussion they might outsource it to Igarashi's new company.

I'm not sure but the DS screen resolution is 256×192

reducing her breast size

>256×192

Attached: 1540363077350.jpg (293x208, 24K)

Buying her a frilly bra where the top of it is poking out from under her dress.

>definding a scat "artist"

Attached: 1548205414127.jpg (960x960, 83K)

>doesn't like scat

pleb

Attached: 1526271304837.gif (256x192, 251K)

thats what shanoa looks like with DoS art style

SHANOA AND HER DAUGHTER ARE SO CUTE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

HOW DARE YOU

what makes these skeletons so frisky?

What's a good DS emulator? Preferably on linux.

Attached: Ao9yO2nO_400x400.jpg (400x400, 22K)

Using PPSSPP to replay Dracula X Chronicles, I unlocked SotN. I'd really like to play as Maria, but I think I have to finish the game in a regular playthrough to unlock it. There's no file name trickery to unlock her, right?

How dare you

>Merunyaa
So where's the diaper version?

EVEN FORGETTING

So what's the general conscious on ClassicVanias right here in Yea Forums?

WHO RAISED YOU

There is (you write MARIA in the filename) but yup, you have to beat the game first. Want me to upload a save file, user? If I can find it.

charlotte's game does not make you fuck around rescuing villagers before you get to explore the castle. also you get a cute boyfriend to protect you. also dracula and death good brothers for life team up to fight you and when you gain the upper hand death says "dracula, lets use *that*" and dracula is all "what? but it is forbidden!" and death smiles at dracula and says "do you see any other way out of this?" and dracula smiles back. then dracula and death perform final fusion and become dracula-death. as the castle fades away and the sun rises charlotte and johnathan hold hands with fingers interlocked and smooch without breaking eye contact while having vigorous heterosexual intercourse in the missionary position for the purpose of procreation.
order of ecclessia sucks.

Attached: 11.jpg (474x700, 59K)

Attached: 1529420552868.jpg (310x310, 33K)

reminder that this is also shanoa

Attached: Official_Judgment_Shanoa.png (579x938, 373K)

needs sine nikes, a school uniform and a fat flaccid dick-o hanging out of the panties

Shit, yeah, that'd be great, thanks. Not that playing SotN is bad, but I was excited to try a new mode.

Pretty good. People seem to be more fond of the exploration style games, but there is no love lost for the platformers.

You could try the glitch that lets you keep all your shit by backdashing as soon as you get to the Death cutscene room. Lemme know if I shoud go through with the save file.

Attached: 1528407699342.png (582x749, 259K)

is shanoa a good mother?

Attached: e5217eb.png (1563x1944, 3.41M)

Is PSP is worth getting just for Rondo of Blood?

Any news on that CV mobile game?

right on my face

If it isn't a hassle then yeah, I'll take the file. I've done the glitch before, but I have to take care of some other junk right now, so I could just grab the file and use it later when it's time to get in bed, turn the lights off, and relax with some good fucking vidya.

this

JONATHAN

Attached: Charlottepickles.jpg (475x495, 53K)

She still got it better than Simon.

>We’ll never have another game like this
Fuck. I want to die.

The breastest of mothers

I think they just said 2019™©®. Probably iOS first. And in Japan first too.

I and III are amazing

At the end of the day I gotta go with OoR though

YOU STUPID DISCIPLE!

God bless the back fetishist who designed Shanoa

At least Curse of the Moon was good.
I’m hoping if Ritual does Good Enough we’ll get another sprite-based game

She's gotta cook dinner for her daughter and her girlfriend now. Another night of instagraming pictures of beef stew.

Attached: 1557416573251.png (1431x1188, 837K)

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=74636092

poops

Attached: 44fba7511d.jpg (1240x1754, 1.92M)

Literally the only time I used Charlotte was against the hypnofetish boss

So much more satisfying to get a huge retarded axe and smash things with Jonathan

Attached: FA42400D-A6AD-4444-B855-F42C89BF6291.gif (218x162, 41K)

>Nun Shanoa

Attached: 1557427360836.gif (255x163, 936K)

They should put some shoes

>big tiidy witch
>big tiddy witgi
what did they mean by this

At least her daughter's game will have those kinds of features.

Attached: Screenshot_20190506-112336.png (1920x1080, 1.66M)

*They should put on some thigh high socks, thigh high boots, or pantyhose

PSA, 12 Castlevania soundtracks just dropped on multiple music streaming services.

Attached: Screenshot_20190509-131814.png (1434x2048, 3.12M)

Shit user, I just found it, but I also just remembered that I have a PAL file, so it probably won't work on an American or Japanese game. Is that still okay or you're lucky enough to be a palfag? Also they're pretty old files, hope I had already finished SOTN by then.

Attached: __miriam_bloodstained_ritual_of_the_night_drawn_by_ragecndy__9688e90d1029dbbb747f38553cfc3bc3.jpg (2000x3000, 398K)

It's up there but not the best. To be fair though, it's competing with the other good castlevania games, which are some of the best games ever made.

Oh god yes

Based.

Attached: 191da99485864f2aeae3a4507b85f09c.jpg (705x770, 95K)

albus mode > all

albus mode is hilarious

>no Perfect Selection albums
wack
youtube.com/watch?v=4hQkSbutQyQhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOxrSQYossQ

Well damn. Nah, American. Thanks though. I guess I'll just have to suffer through an enjoyable game - one of my favorites - again. Woe is me.

What was Obata thinking

The animators will kill me if I draw her hair.

Probably Kyomi Takada.

It's a shame there aren't more games with a female lead who has a male love interest. Nearly every female lead is a lesbian. No surprise since most dev leads are male.

Attached: 1535652253324.jpg (1920x1080, 300K)

where are the huge tiddies then?

I really hope we get a new Castlevania one day. Classic, Metroidvania, anything please. I miss this series.

Attached: 1554756694079.png (446x473, 240K)

Okay, bear with me and my stupidity please.
If I answered the backer survey for Bloodstained for a physical Vita copy back in the day, then didn't touch the survey again after that version was cancelled... Now that the platform choice is locked, what happens ?

I haven't played it. It looked kinda lame.

>Order
>Good

Fuck no. Its a bunch of linear levels with no exploration whatsoever. Whoever thought to abandon the open world castle formula was a complete and total moron.

Attached: 1550104277043.png (299x310, 151K)

They're hidden in the lies.

That’s the most smoothbrain take I’ve ever heard and I -like- metroidvanias

It defaults to the PC release I think.

Did... did you not reach the Castlevania before dropping the game ?

Fuck people like you who think Castlevania always needs to be a Metroidvania.

tiddies

Thats literally one area, and its an homage before dracula. it doesnt discredit the 5-6 hours of ugly waterways and boring villages you have to trek through.

Fuck you classicvania purist. Metroidvania is the deifnitive formula, deal with it.

He's just saying that some entries can be more linear and that's okay. And I agree. Some of both for everyone is the proper way.

Even Bloodstained knows this.

Attached: ezgif-3-5d9645930ea1.jpg (2000x1680, 724K)

What do you guys want it to be, keeping your expectations pragmatic?
If there's ever a new game, I could see it being another Simon or Richter game, following up SQ or SOTN.

Bloodstained isnt a metroidvania. its a Classicvania and more so a CVIII Homage. and thats fine. But OoE IS a metroidvania down to its level and RPG stat system. mixing the two would be fine if all the other areas weren't literally hold left and jump.

But it is a metroidvania, just a very shitty one

>its a Classicvania and more so a CVIII Homage
Is there actual word of this or you're assuming it will be the same as curse of the moon?

>One area
Are you kidding me ?
Obviously it's not as big as when the entire game takes place in the castle, but saying that is just plain untrue.
Pic related

Attached: Castlevaniaooe_draculamap[1].jpg (512x384, 58K)

>meru
Where's the stinky diaper?

Dracula's castle is one area yes. Its not segmented, and doesn't promote you to explore.

How is it not? It's literally the CVIII boxart that YOU posted.

This guy doesn't even seem to be aware there's RotM and CofM.

Stinky braps...

no, he's talking about CotM. RotN will be metroidvania style

1999 game would make me happiest. Honestly though, anything, even if it's a retelling of an existing game. I'd prefer a Metroidvania but I'm fine with a Classicvania as well.

The little bits of aprite work in some of the show promos have gotten me interested in the idea of a CV3 remake, maybe done as a Metroidvania and telling the events as they happen in the show, even if it's not connected to the larger game canon.

Attached: a15228e~2.jpg (305x395, 31K)

fuck off discord tranny

Are you blind ?

Bloodstained released a side game called Curse of the Moon which is done in the style of CV3. The primary game is Ritual of the Night which is a Metroidvania. The art I posted is from CotM.

My point is, there's nothing wrong with appealing to both fandoms.

Attached: 1557254665470.png (1900x1344, 590K)

>Netflix
Instant trash. Making Isaac black and Grant never showing up paired with a neckbeard dictating the story is an absolute waste.

Black Isaac > BDSM bishi Isaac ten out of ten times.

It's not a matter of attire, but changing his skin color for the sake of diversity. Alucard didn't even look bad and neither did Sypha.

>Making Isaac black
That's a lame complaint.
>Grant never showing up
Simple. Trevor just never went down the Grant path.

Still my favorite

Probably just a commission judging from the patreon plug.

Attached: 1548726551102.jpg (530x750, 521K)

The real problem is how the second season focuses way too much on vampire politics.
A Belmont should be whipping shit and fighting monsters out of classic horror stories, not spending all the season in a cellar.

Yet Alucard is still part of the main cast and they never had the same constraints as the game. There's no excuse.

Best is actually super castlevania 4

>game requires constantly switching weapon types or you come up against penalties
>this slows the game down even with quickswap
I wanted to like it, but that mechanic just felt tedious.

God, how i miss castlevania. Soma sould continue. Imagine a shanoa + alucard comeback in soma times

Attached: DEsDcFIUIAA7szs.jpg (1200x1197, 232K)

Man i never realized how pretty this game was looking at a DS screen.

>Soma sould continue
There's nothing left to do with Soma other than him succumbing to Dracula's influence which was already done out of canon in Dawn of Sorrow.

>No Partner-system carryover from PoR into OoE, having Albus team up with Shanoa for her trek into Castlevania
>Wouldn't even need to change the ending much, Albus could still take the sacrifice Dominus needs in order to take out Drac
>Could've opened up a lot of cool methods of travel that Shanoa couldn't do by herself, like Albus firing out a magnetized bullet that Shanoa can latch onto with Magnus etc etc.

I'm still mad.

Honestly? Even though I for some reason never really bothered to use the quick swap (Yes, I genuinely went into the menu each and every time I wanted to change anything) it didn't feel that bad. I liked that the effectiveness of different weapon types actually mattered for once outside of maybe Hard Mode level-locked challenge runs.

I really wish we got another Shanoa game, or at least one with the Glyph system. The Glyph System as well as Shanoa's general playstyle was great, and I'd love to have seen it expanded upon.

Attached: tumblr_mka949EjBe1rlml5to1_400.jpg (400x333, 39K)

Yum. Nothing like a hot woman with a hairy strange

tiddies

Classicvania to be honest. I've had my fill of Metroidvania and Bloodstained is coming out soon anyway.

For a long time, because of his Aria of Sorrow art, I thought Soma was a beautiful woman who openly liked to munch Mina's carpet.

So she wears panties or not?

what about his male grunts i the game?

First season was fine, I thought. But second season was utter garbage with the whole vampire legion of doom drama taking up half the time with the other half spent in a library reading books.

Loved this game but a vampire hunter has no business going undersea.

Sounds like peak hack to me if the entirety of a season is filler.

third season is gonna be kino with Shanoa tho

Finally a circle of the moon thread

Attached: nathan look.jpg (800x800, 557K)

No Death, no Grant, focusing too hard on the villains instead of the main trio, yea it was a very disappointing season. Felt too much like GoT instead of Castlevania.

This game has the most dog shit controls out of all the Metroidvanias but everything else about it is good.

Recently played through the Castlevania GBA games for the first time. CotM and AoS were pretty fun. Should I play the DS games?

Yes, just use a patch to change the artwork

Riper Seeds was better, IMO.

Also
youtu.be/ePhdHP8h6_M

Attached: 1556582841358.png (400x382, 291K)

fag

I love you guys

What is the best Dracula final form and why is it the giant dragon Malus transforms into?

Attached: image226[1].jpg (640x480, 50K)

Attached: 1539644897390.png (581x679, 286K)

Based C64 poster

Oh, and Casltevania 64 spoilers

>Yea Forums actually has been CV discussions than /vr/
How can such a small board be so shit sometimes?

This. Unless they just make Soma into Dracula 2.0 in some kind of soft reboot which sounds awful.

Because it was my first Castlevania and is still my favorite after all these years.

Plus, no Castlevania intro ever gave me unbridled excitement like the 64 version. Why was Legacy of Darkness shafted with such an AWFUL title screen intro?

>shanoa getting brain sucked
damn i used to fap with that.

I don't know, but I always though Legacy of Darkness was overall better.

Agreed. All they had to do was put the 64 title screen intro into Legacy, and it would have been an 11/10 get for me.

Probably played through both at least 10 times by now, if not more.

Same, my brother.

and metal gear acid and ac formula front

Was C64 with Malus playing the violin?

Because you're only allowed to discuss games from before 2000 there. So half the castlevania franchise isn't allowed. Really it's just 1-4, Rondo, the gameboy games, the n64 games, and SotN, which is nothing. /vr/ really shouldn't exist.

Da. Very nicely done as far as blocky representations go.

Someone didn’t play Dracula X

They made a character out of nothing, if anything he only is named Isaac to keep the relationship with Trevor. Is not like they changed a character people actually give a fuck.

That isn't the problem at all. Since it is so slow, a few people can easily shit something up. So you have a few purists that only like CV1 and CV3, and everything else is shit. CV4 is easy mode garbage. SoTN is igacuck shit. C64/Legacy of Darkness are abominations. Even Rondo doesn't get a pass since you can jump off stairs, so that makes it babytier. You can talk about Castlevania X68000 since no one has really played it, so it gets a free pass.

There is a third season coming, and they have to explain how Dracula keeps coming back from this point onwards... there is still time to add Grant, they just need to make it as if this second time, is the actual Dracula's curse battle, where the curse finally starts.

Yes. Fun fact, he was playing Bloodlines, the song you hear in the first stage of Rondo of Blood and Dracula X

youtube.com/watch?v=KR0UjAQIX6E
youtube.com/watch?v=fvwAhp0Eu5M
youtube.com/watch?v=VuQSKUTe89g

>machine gun flintlock pistol

Attached: 1450136855178.jpg (345x383, 47K)

>That isn't the problem at all.
Yes it is, but because of a reason you didn't consider. The reason it's so slow is because almost nobody wakes up and goes "I want to talk about videogames today, but ONLY from 20 years ago!" Nah, people just want to talk about videogames.
The whole board needs a revamp.

Attached: FULLY AUTOMATIC FLINTLOCK SHOTGUNS.gif (400x225, 2.49M)

Well a big series like Castlevania can survive on a fast moving board like Yea Forums. Something like Mystical Ninja, probably not. Plus Yea Forums generally has a lot of shitposting or just plan spam. Just look at all the FFVII remake threads right now. The distinction between the boards makes sense, and is not the problem.

>Sonic managed to make a brief comeback before shuffling back into the meme existence
>Megaman also got a new installment despite the flaws
>Even Metroid is making a comeback with a remake and a new game
>DMC 5 became a reality

Meanwhile castlevania is doomed to be stuck in this horrible night that is Konami.

Attached: 1445153852225.png (584x551, 127K)

Why did Dracula have a chapel in his castle? Was it for the sake of being ironic or to serve as a reminder of his hatred for Christianity?

>keeping your expectations pragmatic?
You mean a new pachinko machine?

???
Are you serious? Dracula is catholic

Old castles usually have a chapel built in. Also Dracula in Castlevania series doesn't really seems to share the same characteristics as the one it was based on. The later games show him more as an embodiment of evil rather than garlics and silver crosses kind of vampire.

Shanoa was never specifically stated to be a vampire hunter. Their Order was more or less "fight evil" rather than "fuck dracula".

sorry i can't see this i'm blind

>EFJhu3hfeuwhfuHUFUH@BHUHFU*BhwdudcbHhuvewhvuwvhuewhfeuwhviefe29egfuiehveuiheuv8e2icsndichwe2u8eh

Attached: nigga i cant see.jpg (1300x866, 250K)

Speaking of Mystical Ninja, I remember the anime it got. I wonder how Castlevania would have faired with a mid 90s anime akin to that, should it ever have gotten one. I still think it's odd that Goemon got one but Castlevania didn't.

Although it was popular in the states more than overseas, so..

Shut yer mouth pardner. Even though you're right.

Lords of Shadow killed Castlevania for good

Attached: 1529582141921.webm (960x640, 2.66M)

>imagine having a cutie like Carmilla serve you
Not enough games let you play as a vampire

The cartoony nature of the Goemon lent itself well to an anime, which can I guess could hit a larger audience.

CHARLOTTE

JONATHAN

I've only played Castlevania 1 and SotN, what should I play next

CHARLOTTE

CV3, CV4, Bloodlines, and Rondo of Blood. Then Circle of the Moon, Aria of Sorrow, Dawn of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin, and Order of Ecclesia.

I like to think he uses it to attract holy creatures like the Valkyries and Erinys to his castle so he can twist them to his will and make them guard his castle, making it more difficult for warriors wielding holy attributed weapons and magic to fight them off effectively.

This. There are a lot of great games in the series but CotM takes the cake IMO.

Wasn't there like a secret mode that allowed you to play as Hugh or was that just with Maxim in Harmony of Dissonance?

>tried many times to like Circle of the Moon
>always drop it 10 minutes in cuz the controls screams at you to stop playing
>downloaded it again recently on Retroarch and finally got some hours in
>game still feels like a boring entry in the series

The ONE thing that I really like about it is the spells systems, where you can combine cards to create different effects. The areas are what I usually expect from 2D Castlevania so thats also okay.
Everything else is just meh. Also till the point I played there was barely any cutscene so plot is pretty much nonexistent.

Order of Ecclesia has visuals on par with Symphony of the Night, but you can tell the budget ran up at some point and they just started copy-pasting rooms in Dracula's Castle to an embarrassing degree.
It's a shame because it comes so close to being IGA's best game.

>using the cross
Come on, user. We all know the axe is the superior subweapon in the game.

Circle's secret modes were like SotN's where just your stats are modified.
But there's a hack to play as Hugh

How do I make SOTN more challenging on my next playthrough?
I liked the game and all, but some of the boss fights felt a bit too easy. Are there any ways to make it closer to the classicvania's difficulty without making it uberhard?

URRGGHHH I WANT TO PUT MY FACE INSIDE THAT PUFFY PUSSY

try luck mode, I felt the same way first time I played but luck mode was more fun even if it gets easier as it goes on

There are a few difficulty patches here
romhacking.net/games/1070/

Naked Alucard run.