So, Yea Forums

So, Yea Forums.
Who won?

Attached: Mega-Drive-and-Super-Nintendo-featured-694x400.jpg (694x400, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_Genesis
youtube.com/watch?v=q6sx8akpmOw
youtube.com/watch?v=bCc7Wka8q-k
youtube.com/watch?v=R2MZMLz41IY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I love them both.

They were both good. I personally think SNES was just a bit better because it had Super Castlevania IV, but Mega Drive got some really cool games too.

MD was fucking great, but the SNES won. gen winners:

>Atari 2600
>NES
>SNES
>PS1
>PS2
>PS3
>PS4

They're both classics

a lot of people dont know this, but the genesis outsold the super nintendo when that gen ended, but the super nintendo eventually outsold it because nintendo continued to support the system until the late 90's

>PS3

>PS3
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>ps3

Dont be silly. 360 won that gen hands down

>PS3
user, I...

Attached: bb.jpg (569x571, 66K)

I WISH modern consoles competed that hard and actually gave a shit about getting good games on their platforms instead of just expecting the retarded brand fanboys to mindlessly swallow their loads.

PS3 never did get a single game. Even the CD-i got Tetris.

RETARDS! WII WON

Gamers won. There wasn't an incorrect choice that gen.

Same with the 6th gen. Everything had something to offer.

cringe reply.

Where would we be today if sega didn't fuck up so much?

Probably playing Echo 6

I would trade yakuza in a heartbeat for more quality f-zero and monkey ball.

Although I guess if they wouldn't have fucked up so much AV never could have worked on f-zero in the first place.

>There wasn't an incorrect choice that gen.
what is a CDTV?
what is a CD-i?

>PS3
Nigga 3.5 Billion dollars in losses in not a win in the slightest
If anything The DS raped all that generation

the genesis was fine and fun at the time, but looking back on it there's nothing too memorable on it that's it's worth coming back to today. They both were ok at the time but time gave the victory to the Snes.

Probably still have Sega VS Nintendo wars

take your medication and re-read what they all said, because you clearly don't understand whats going on.

I think the SNES ended up moving more units because of the last few years when sega kept fucking up with the 32X and the mega CD, and then the saturn, while nintendo kept making system sellers but it was a pretty close race for a while.

Wii was more popular than Snoy console,

>not realizing the genesis was meant to compete with the NES

I think Bloodlines is a much better game than IV, IV relied too much on shitty mode 7 gimmicks and wasn't very fun to play. Contra III, on the other hand, puts Hard Corps to shame.

What even is the other thing? Everyone knows snes. Born 1993 BTW and grew up on the snes because the neighbour's kid gave it to us, until we got an XBOXHUEG the year before the 360 came out because poer lmao

yes, snes beat them by about 3-4 million, and sega kept doing stupid add-on shit like 32x/CD

ps1 won on sheer numbers but n64 had better quality

ps2 is the obvious winner

360/wii won the next, if you want to count wii as the same gen

this gen is pure cancer

Sales don't mean anything in this type of battle, only libraries. The snes has the greatest library of all time, the highest point of gaming in history and represents a golden age we will probably never see again. I feel sorry for anyone who wasn't there for it. The genesis is fucking awesome though, easily a 10/10 system and one of the best ever.

the snes library has a bunch of glaring gaps in its library when it comes to certain genres. stgs for example.

The genesis has an amazing library as well, I never owned one back in the day but I've played a ton on emulators, and started collecting actual carts a few years ago. They're comparable. The SNES was my favorite console of all time but it could never handle some of the games that ended up on the Genesis.
It did sound like farts, though, that's something that always bothered me.

>ps1 won on sheer numbers but n64 had better quality
kek
>360/wii won the next,
>360
lmao

sales only matter if you're a shareholder, PS3 won the 7th generation because of its superior library

So was the 360, the PS3 lost that generation something fierce.

no, the genesis was meant to compete with nintendo.

genesis does what nintendon't, faggot

The PS1 did have a fuckload of shovelware, but also had some amazing games. The PS3 was overall trash and lost that generation.

>So was the 360
Wii sure, but the PS3 sold more than the 3RL

>snoyfags still think the ps3 won
>b-b-but muh sales
wii sold more.
>b-b-b-but muh games
360 had better games, hell the wii had better games as well. ps3 had demons souls and nothing else.

Wrong my dude. Yes the genesis wins and yes some games have shit slow down on snes but the snes has some good ones still. Space megaforce, axelay, gradius 3, r type 3, strike gunner, biometal, firepower 2000, motherfucking UN fucking squadron and more. The genesis wins but the snes is no slouch.

>The genesis has an amazing library as well
mega drive: more good games
snes: more great games

Every hero...

Attached: 1542335431034.jpg (1024x576, 24K)

>The PS1 did have a fuckload of shovelware
no one cares about shovelware, for every good game on the N64 you have at least 4 on the PS1

PS1 had quantity and quality

SNES won that generation. But it was still the best because almost all consoles were superb. Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, turbo grafx/PC Engine, Neo Geo. It was truly the Golden Age. Before any Zoomers sperg out, 6th gen was the second renaissance.

I agree man, which is why i said the genesis is a 10/10. I owned both in their primes and never looked at it as a war. Only a shit ton of amazing games for both systems.

How come these Gen 4 threads always get flooded with buttflustered sonibronies crying about shit way before their time? Is there a low they won't sink down to? Sony was publishing games for both consoles back then.
Fucking retarded crybabies, kill yourselves.

well it certainly died, so i guess they were correct in the end.

I prefer the Genesis's library overall, but the SNES had a better finger on the pulse of where video games were heading. I think their libraries complement each other pretty well.

PS3 had all 360 titles worth of some shit, Persona 5 and God of War III.
I won't even pretend Demon Souls is a highlight at this point.

but Genesis doesn't have Chrono Trigger

You're so retarded you couldn't even finish reading the sentence you quoted. Fucking consolewarrior retard, you're actually emotionally invested in this.

>PS3

Attached: 1551514010519.jpg (515x651, 87K)

>360
>having a better library

kek

your console died in 2010 bub, either due 3RL or lack of games. PS Triple won despite all the Snoy fuckery during the release

I had Genesis, I guess Sega won.

Most normal people I know had SNES.

The weirdo fucks that shot up schools, became furries etc all had Sega.

Not only did it have the better library, multiplats ran better and at higher resolutions. The PS3 was a mess that Kaz salvaged during the last few years of that gen.

SNES won at home, NeoGeo won at the arcade. It was a bad time for Sega up until the Dreamcast. They were always a brave and innovative company and worthy of praise. I'm glad theyre still making games. SNES had more high quality games than Genesis. But anyone will agree Dreamcast beat the shit out of Gamecube.

Attached: b82a9a67aafad3fef8f8b291310a8bd5ddc99827.png (700x1000, 902K)

Attached: Anecdotal Evidence.jpg (1106x962, 333K)

this

some strong revisionist history from sonyshills about the ps3. it was complete ass for 3rd party games in its first 2-3 years. 360 was flatout better for multiplats and had better online throughout the entire generation

Same here. I mean I had a slight affinity for Nintendo because I owned a Gameboy and NES at the time, but I loved both. Though ultimately I had more fun with Super Nintendo. On my cousin's Genesis I played all Sonics, including Spinball, Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, Skitchin, and Addams Family. On my other cousins's SNES I played Super Mario World, Allstars, Super Mario Kart, Top Gear, Zombies, Jurassic Park, Yoshi's Island, DKC1 and 2, Cool Spot, and Aladdin. Ultimately I got more mileage from this Super Nintendo.

SNES by far

>but Genesis doesn't have Chrono Trigger
and final fantasy, super mario kart, super mario world, super mario all-stars, super metroid, a link to the past, starfox, secret of mana, jimmy connors pro tennis tour, parodius, international superstar soccer deluxe

>international superstar soccer deluxe

actually it did

At least Sega had the balls to compete with a console released 2 years later with a stronger hardware.

>actually it did
never too old to learn something new
glad they had the better soccer game too

But did it have mega man soccer?

How did the Megadrive do in Japan over all?

What films?

>How did the Megadrive do in Japan over all?
worse than the pc-engine

worse than the PCE

moved around 3.5 million units

N64 was garbage outside of 64, OoT, Conker, and Banjo.

PSX solos with its RPG/Fighters lineup alone.

>It was a bad time for Sega up until the Dreamcast.
Is that you, Bizarro?

I was an idort and had both. I had more fun playing Genesis games, but they had types of games that I didn't know existed on SNES like General Chaos and Mutant League Football. I loved those games. SNES had better RPGs. SF2 Championship Edition on Genesis was the best SF2, fight me.

That being said, SNES won. In large part to those big sweeping RPGs.

>N64 was garbage outside of 64, OoT, Conker, and Banjo.
Wave Race, WWF No Mercy

>Conker, and Banjo
trash

>PS1 Fighters
trash, 2D ones at least

you forgot 3DO, that was pretty fucking awful too and it cost like $700

If you want to listen to a 30-something boomer rant, here are my favorites per gen where I've been playan gayman:
NES
Genesis
Saturn
X-box
I don't have a console this gen, they all suck.

>ps1 won on sheer numbers but n64 had better quality
Hard to decide. N64 was the best for multiplayer no question, it has a good few juggernauts and a few jems but PS1 has lesser jaggernauts but a lot of jems, experimental quirky stuff and such genre variety. Honestly I dunno what I like better

>mega man soccer
that shit was the snizz

>3DO, that was pretty fucking awful too and it cost like $700
it had some adequate ports, no killer apps and was way overpriced.
cdtv & cdi were just garbage

>n64 had better quality
same as the previous console war:
nintendo: more great games
opponent: more good games
but this time the N64 had fewer great games than the SNES

>All these butthurt Nintendo replies
PS3 won generation 7. It sold the most.
>B-b-b-bu
It sold the most.

Emufags.

>It sold the most.
wrong
>It sold the most.
again

PC :)

based and redpilled

Everybody.

based master racer

NOOOOOO GAMEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

really the SNES no matter how you look at it if you try to be objective. certain games were better on Genesis and obviously it had sonic but that's it really

In terms of sales? SNES by far.

Wii absolutely clobbered PS3 in sales. If you count portables then DS beat everything by like 50 fucking million.

t. never played a genesis in his life

>the genesis outsold the super nintendo when that gen ended

False. SNES sold 49 million. Genesis didn't even reach 30 million. And Nintendo abandoned the SNES in 1996.

>but that's it really
The Genesis had a lot of great games, especially action games.

I did. Grewing up with both was the best shit.

>PS3
For the replies saying 360 won yes it had s very strong start ($599 and giant enemy crabs made sony stumble right out the gate) but, after a price drop and the slim model came out Sony eventually climbed its way back to the top. Funny thing is MS would make its own fuck ups for their next gen E3 premiere allowing sony to keep their momentum going.

Maybe in America, but in Japan, the Super Famicom was getting new games all the way to 2001. Most of them were made as digital games you downloaded from kiosks onto a special ROM cart to play, but a few still managed to see physical releases.

The one that had FF6, Chrono Trigger, Castlevania 4, Megaman X, Super Metroid and Zelda.

By just the machines on their own, SNES
but if you let the Genesis have the CD and 32X then they are equals

If you look at mini consoles, probably the genesis mini. Genesis mini really does do what Nintendon't

Mega Drive had Phantasy Star, Monster World 4, Castlevania Bloodlines, Gaiares, Sorcerian and Crusader of Centy.
>inb4 never heard of them bc brand loyal fanboyism

>but if you let the Genesis have the CD and 32X then they are equals
and then E3 happens, 299 and it's the next generation

>Genesis mini really does do what Nintendon't
Like having an actual power supply.

Attached: 1555512747745.jpg (415x425, 29K)

>Genesis didn't even reach 30 million
why lie?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_Genesis

>Mega Drive had Phantasy Star, Monster World 4, Castlevania Bloodlines, Gaiares, Sorcerian and Crusader of Centy.
second grade citizens

Mostly a draw, probably SNES by a hair

In a vacuum they're about on equal footing IMO, but what gives the SNES the edge in my eyes was its superiority in genre variety. Genesis had a particular slant towards arcade ports and arcadelike titles, and there's nothing wrong with that, but sometimes I also crave a longer lasting title and SNES just offers more in that respect.

>why lie?
can't understand it either
sega was a honorable opponent

I'm not saying the addons weren't disasters, but if you combine the good titles from the 3 you get a library that equals the SNES
s-shut up! there's still time for them to fix that!

>probably SNES by a hai
better game & better sales

>Genesis had a particular slant towards arcade ports and arcadelike titles
and (ea) sport games

>but if you combine the good titles from the 3 you get a library that equals the SNES
no, sega only gains virtua racing and virtua fighter ports

Only one that matters was NHL 94 and it was on both.

Dont know who won, but when I was a kid I traded my Genesis in for a SNES and never looked back.

>Monster World 4
That shit never released outside of japan, dumbass.

Only 10m which is a drop in the bucket and Genesis had a very strong library too. Turbografx was the real loser thanks to a shitty launch and marketing in NA

SNES had plenty of good arcade ports too
saw this list on /vr/:
Acrobat Mission
Aero Fighters/Sonic Wings
Area 88/UN Squadron
Arkanoid
Blazeon
Bust-A-Move/Puzzle Bobble
Cameltry/On The Ball
Captain America & the Avengers
Captain Commando
Combatribes
Cosmo Gang the Puzzle
Cosmo Gang the Video
Death Brade
Fatal Fury
Fatal Fury 2
Fatal Fury Special
Fighter's History
Final Fight
Frogger
Galaxy Wars
Gokujou Parodius
Gradius III
GunForce
Hit the Ice
IREM Skins Game/Major Title
Killer Instinct
King of Dragons
King of the Monsters
King of the Monsters 2
Knights of the Round
Lethal Enforcers
Libble Rabble
Magic Sword
Magical Drop
Magical Drop 2
Mahou Poipoi Poitto!
Midway Presents: Arcade's Greatest Hits
Atari Collection 1
Mortal Kombat
Mortal Kombat II
Mortal Kombat 3
Mr. Do!
Ms. Pac-Man
Muscle Bomber/Saturday Night SlamMasters
NBA Give 'n Go
NBA Hang Time
NBA Jam
NBA Jam Tournament Edition
Nichibutsu Arcade Classics
Nichibutsu Arcade Classics 2
Parodius
Pit-Fighter
Power Instinct
Primal Rage
Race Drivin'
Raiden Trad
Rampart
Revolution X
Samurai Shodown
Sengoku
Sonic Blastman
Steel Talons
Street Fighter II
Street Fighter II Turbo
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Strike Gunner STG
Sunset Riders
Super Bomberman Panic Bomber W
Super Pang
Super Off-Road
Super Smash TV
Suzuka 8 Hours
Syvalion
T2: The Arcade Game
Turtles in Time
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Undercover Cops
Williams' Arcade Greatest Hits
World Heroes
World Heroes 2
WWF Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game
Super Street Fighter II

as a SNES owner i'll have to admit that the sega port was better

Elaborate

Road Rash wasn’t and that was by far the best 16 bit racing series.

>Turbografx was the real loser
not in japan

DS demolished everything. Wii was second. Also, here is your (you), be happy!

>Road Rash wasn’t and that was by far the best 16 bit racing series.
series: wrong
single title: wrong

And Doom. And Afterburner complete. And space harrier. And Knuckles Chaotix. And Sonic CD. And Adventures of Batman and Robin

Attached: 71VsnpPHpIL._AC_.jpg (1229x692, 253K)

Name a better 16 bit racing series than Road Rash, Mario Kart would be about it.

It seems like you just copied a list of just arcade ports that exist on the SNES, because let me tell you, the SNES ports of Fatal Fury 1 and Samurai Shodown really bit it. The Genesis versions of both were way better (they did have sacrifices on Genny tho: FF lost Hwa Jai and Billy but it did keep plane jumping, SS lost Earthquake but it had better graphics and gameplay).

Also, no mention of the Art of Fighting 1 or 2 ports on SNES? They were impressive for what they were and the system they were on, plus the SNES AoF1 has the honor of having an actual ending (that got canonized by SNK no less) instead of that brief cheesy cliffhanger in the Neo Geo and other port versions.

What would the shit posting be like if Yea Forums was around during that gen?

The SNES Classic doesn't have one? wow

Yeah that’s true it did do better than the Genesis in Japan. Still lagged behind the other two though, shame too because it had a decent library as well.

F zero and super mario kart were better than all 3 road rashs.

GENESIS DOES WHAT NINTENDON’T.......except obviously that one actually happened. I miss when companies attacked each other, and not this, we’re all great companies bullshit.

SNES won but goddamn do I love the genesis 6 button controller for superior SF2 turbo

You should play them. Just, because they didn't have a million dollar budget doesn't mean they're not good.

Yes, it did on the Wii. I had the honor of playing it in the 90s since my brother worked at a game store back then. Btw the only place I've ever seen a Dreamcast in Europe. Never even knew the Saturn existed until mid 2000s

There’s a cable but not a plug

>And Doom. And Afterburner complete. And space harrier. And Knuckles Chaotix. And Sonic CD. And Adventures of Batman and Robin
doom: great game, mediocre port
space harrier & afterburner: average game, good port
knuckles: average game
sonice cd, ok, but overrated
batman and robin: bad game, overrated

SMK maybe, F-Zero no. i liked f zero but it was a tech demo and didn’t even have multiplayer.

>post yfw your mascot platformer doesn't have music made by a child molester

Attached: giphy (4).gif (415x250, 895K)

>Name a better 16 bit racing series than Road Rash, Mario Kart would be about it.
Lotus on the Amiga
Super Mario Kart is a single 16bit title

I can’t believe people like batman and robin on genesis, it’s an awful repetitive game that is way way too difficult for it’s own good. Batman is a much better game on Genesis.

Still better than road rash. Same with top gear 2 and rock n roll racing.

>Yes, it did on the Wii
Nintendo (and the SNES) win again

MJ was innocent! He just got smeared for messing with the kikes.

>shame too because it had a decent library as well.
not a decent one, a very, very good one

Rock n Roll Racing is overrated to all hell. Top down racing games are just inferior.

Literally muh graphics, it sucked like most super heroes games of the era.

I love threads like these because its always hilarious watching Segashits still seething like fuck 30 years later.

Attached: 1557383108769m.jpg (1024x768, 34K)

Batman returns snes is by far the best 16 bit batman.

>cable with no plug
How does that even work?
You meant to say the cable isnt detachable or something?

>doesn't mean they're not good.
i never said they're not good

Cope, seething SeGay.

Attached: ea02fa5c6cd156281774963dd30bf06222dbf3eaa3492286817eaec2bd82a075.png (752x856, 229K)

It’s ok but I prefer the sunsoft one. Both the Genesis and NES versions are great.

>Batman returns snes is by far the best 16 bit batman

Based. Its literally Final Fight: Batman Edition. Its a good Christmas Time game to play.

Right. RC pro am was trash for the nes. And biker mice from mars on snes is trash too. Road rash is the best. Fuck that shit, I'd rather play f1 roc.

Genesis had the best JRPG and superior strategy rpgs too that actually were not in moonrunes at the time too.

Attached: 3FD9C521-7C92-4314-B152-FF52996A2E0F.jpg (300x415, 32K)

It's just a USB cable with no power brick? You know, like smartphones?

SNES
But the real answer is people who had both

SNES, although the other had some great games too.

All these replies about the PS3? Mad all the others are spot on.

I mean a USB cable
You have to use your own plug, for your phone or such

>PS3
A console with no gaems can't win, user.

>I love threads like these because its always hilarious watching Segashits still seething like fuck 30 years later.
tell someone who was in the trenches 27 years ago and is now posting on an imageboard

Yeah kinda which is kind of funny because final fight is capcom and batman returns was konami. Konami just did not fuck around in 16 bit, everything was gold.

>It sold the most.
It barely beat the 360 towards the end if the gen and didn't even compare to the Wii

Ah I get it now, thanks.

>Genesis had the best JRPG
hahahahhaha
final fantasy 2 RYDIA
final fantasy 3
chrono trigger

I don't know what batman returns sunsoft one you're referring to but the snes one is one of the best beat em ups ever. It doesn't sound like you played it if you only thought it was "alright".

What were you trying to say then?

>Christmas Time
For some reason it makes me feel christmas-y. Maybe its bc the Tim Burton movie and the whole setting. Game was okay. Screwing up Batman is an accomplishment.
youtube.com/watch?v=q6sx8akpmOw

>But the real answer is people who had both
and a PC, a PC-Engine and a NEO GEO

all done with a PC today

Chrono trigger is babby’s first jrpg, ff4 is easy as fuck with the most generic story possible and 3 is overrated drivel

Yes today, but in the 90s only major nerds did any gaming on PC, Doom and some obscure rpgs were it.

Where did you come up with the numbers? PS3 selling the most when the fucking thing is:
>so expensive but not really overly powerful than their 360 competitor, pushing consumers away to 360 and Wii, and that's despite the 360 being shit for RRoDing
>lacking in games because it was hard to develop for and they weren't quite friendly with 3rd party devs at that time as far as helping them develop games for the fucking console
Show me numbers, Snoynigger.

Lol wut. How much crack did your mom smoke in the trailer park while pregnant with you?

>What were you trying to say then?
that the SNES alternatives are better

>but in the 90s only major nerds did any gaming on PC, Doom and some obscure rpgs were it.
what is wing commander?

>home to almost all of the generation's best console games
>SEGA trying desperately to hook people with gimmick add-ons for the Genesis
>Atari rapidly becoming an irrelevant fossil with the Jaguar
>PC Engine is a failed boondoggle in regions that matter
>Nintendo just shot down Sony on a CD add-on after catching their contract jewery on royalties, making poor Sony irrelevant before they even begin a console
Damn, bros, sure feels good; is there nobody who can stop the Nintenchads and their Nintendomination?

Attached: download (2).png (191x264, 15K)

How often do you get your opinions from reddit and ign?

>PS3
>this level of delusion

A very niche series that few people give a shit about then and today. I’m not saying it’s bad or anything but that’s what I’m saying is PC was very niche at the time.

>Atari rapidly becoming an irrelevant fossil with the Jaguar
atari was irrelevant since 10 years
>PC Engine is a failed boondoggle in regions that matter
what is japan?

Is this some euro trash shit?

My SNES mini had both power cable and brick.

Attached: american boner.gif (285x171, 982K)

Neogeo games were like 250 burgers back then. Nowadays with inflation they'd be like twice as much. Imagine paying 500 bux for one game.

How so? Sure SNES had great games although claiming the Mega Drive didn't have titles that were just as good is just flat out wrong.

Especially for a fucking fighting game. The neogeo had great games but not $250 great.

>but that’s what I’m saying is PC was very niche at the time
>only major nerds did any gaming on PC, Doom and some obscure rpgs were it.
i don't know where you want to go with that, but PC gaming was not nische, since Doom, just search the userbase on DOS, nintendo, sega platforms

Real list
>Atari 2600
>PC engine
>SNES
>PS1
>PS2
>360
>PC

Never considering I own 250 snes games and over 100 genesis. You're still an idiot crack baby though.

>just as good is just flat out wrong.
nintendo:
super mario kart
super metroid
super mario world
a link to the past
sega:
you go girl...

It was in the US, nobody I knew played on PC unless it was to play Doom

>Neogeo games were like 250 burgers back then
and if you want second rate beat em ups, with great graphics, you buy a NEO GEO, so that's why i included that

>nobody I knew
case closed, youngfaq

>in my heart
Genesis
>the reality
SNES

Wish my heart could get unfucked but history is history.

I was 13 in 1994 what the fuck do you want grandpa?

Virtua Racing>Mario Kart.

In retrospect, I'd fuckenpay that much. NG was godtier hardware.
>imagine having arcade-tier geimu at home

>Wish my heart could get unfucked but history is history.
grow up, it's hard, but inevitable

>Virtua Racing>Mario Kart.
Super Mario Kart 2 Player > Virtua Racing 1 Player

>I was 13 in 1994 what the fuck do you want grandpa?
I was 20 in 1994, respect your elders!

>NG was godtier hardware
indeed it was, so nobody had it.

Genesis games ran better. Genesis was the better console. If it weren't for Sega Nintendo would have stayed ruining gaming with their dictator like ways at the time.

Xbox 360 was better.

I love Sega but Genesis was inferior hardware especially soundwise.

>Genesis games ran better
badder games run more smoothly, ok.
>Genesis was the better console
ok
>If it weren't for Sega Nintendo would have stayed ruining gaming with their dictator like ways at the time.
that is a topic for another time

PS1 won.

I just can't believe we're having a civilised thread even if the subject matter is consoles from 30 years ago

45 years old and still here? Your son posts here too?

lol

>PS1 won.
in the end, it did, indeed.

Because kids don’t care about games with “ugly” graphics

>I just can't believe we're having a civilised thread even if the subject matter is consoles from 30 years ago
amazing, thinking PTSD lasts for a lifetime

>Your son posts here too?
my grandsons too

youtube.com/watch?v=bCc7Wka8q-k

youtube.com/watch?v=R2MZMLz41IY

>Beckonor
Top 100 Sega Genesis/Mega Drive Games
what mega drive game cracks the SNES Top 10?

Street fighter 2

the genesis library is SEVERELY underrated. Also the sound the genesis makes just kicks my fucking ass. thunder force IV anyone?

When you see the caliber of what the Neo Geo was home to from the late 90s to its official death goddamn 2004, it's mindblowing to think it was the exact same hardware home to dinky shit like Magician Lord in 1990. It was seriously beefy stuff for much of its lifespan, no goddamn wonder the retail hardware and software cost an arm and a leg. It wasn't until the fucking DREAMCAST that outsider consoles aside from PC could have comparable ports of NG games.

>Street fighter 2
SNES Super Street Fighter II > Mega Drive Super Street Fighter II

>thunder force IV anyone?
great game, great soundtrack,
streets of rage 2 better though

>When you see the caliber of what the Neo Geo was home to from the late 90s to its official death goddamn 2004
yeah, great console, never knew anyone know owns one, way to expensive

Never beat it. I love shmups but I'm not good at them.

That would be awesome

>I love shmups but I'm not good at them.
what is auto fire?

Genesis games had better cpu. What they had did in fact tend to run better than what was on SNES. So many SNES games have a lot of slowdown.

It wasn't exactly the same hardware, though, the games were packed full of extra chips. I guess the same goes for some late SNES and Genesis games.

Was the AES ever meant to be a mainstream product along the lines of the SNES/MD/PCE? Its bonkers pricing makes me feel that it was never intended to be more than a niche product for wealthy kids.

Now the NGCD, that could easily be argued to be intended as a mainstream consumer product with its much cheaper pricing and adoption of more mainstream (and at the time novel) software medium.

Other game