Help me out Yea Forums, which game should I pick up: Tekken 7 or Soulcaliber VI? I played a lot of SC2 back in the day...

Help me out Yea Forums, which game should I pick up: Tekken 7 or Soulcaliber VI? I played a lot of SC2 back in the day, but I've heard that reversal edge ruined 6.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 144K)

get what you like

tekken 7 is more balanced
SC6 has an ok character creater.

I like Tekken because they balanced the rage attacks better than the meter attacks in SC.

both are very fun, but I vote Tekken

also reversal edge totally kills flow of battle

so the supers in 6 are pretty strong then?

ok, how does reversal edge work exactly? does it really just come down to RPS? Can it be spammed for free?

Have you played any Tekken? SCVI is a pretty good follow up to SCV but Tekken 7 is a great follow up to Tekken Tag 2.

I've played a lot of tekken 3

If you are a scrub who just wants to play singleplayer and fuck off afterwards, SCVI is the game for you.
If you are planning one taking a real deep dive into a game, with an active community, all the moment im the world competition wise, T7 is the way to go.
Also fuck SFKEKs, every major tournament is dominated by Tekken now, get used to it.

Attached: 54231232.jpg (500x704, 79K)

If you're into competitive shit get tekken
if you're playing with friends or for shits and giggles get SC
reversal edge doesn't ruin SC6, but it doesn't really add anything either. it feels unnecissary and slightly annoying more than anything else
haven't played tekken 7 but i know it's some premium quality shit with a really high skill ceiling

>every major tournament is dominated by Tekken now
*Smash

You should get the superior DoA6.

Attached: 1556693004276.jpg (1920x1080, 765K)

SC6 is more accessible and more fun with way more varied characters, but T7 has a bigger playerbase. Your call.

Tekken is built on 50/50s (and requires solid reliable execution to reach the point where you can access those 50/50s). I'm not just talking about Mishimas. If that's what you want then there's a ton of players and a big competitive scene, but the more you play you realise nearly every character has the same gameplan with similar tools and the difficulty is in learning the frame data and labbing responses for over 4000 moves.

Are the 50/50s like gambles in neutral and covering options on a grounded opponent?

We are talking about fighting games, right?

>Smash isn't a fighting game

Attached: tipsFedora.jpg (900x900, 69K)

>dead on arrival 6
don't listen to this

Reversal Edge can be sidestepped and punished and guard broken

Sure You can RPS with the attack buttons but you can also Guard, Sidestep, Ducking Roll or backstep

Not those people, but I will answer both your questions:

>Supers in SCVI strong?
Yes. Of course supers do a lot of damage, but they're "more" powerful than you'd think because they come out within a few frames. You CAN be hit out of the startup of a super, but unless your weapon is literally inside the other person when the animation begins, you can't interrupt them.

>How Reversal Edge works
Long story short, you can hold two buttons that make your character enter a stance where they will auto-deflect all incoming attacks minus certain moves that depend on character. When you let go of the two buttons, your character does an attack that, assuming it hit, enters you and your opponent into a rock-paper-scissors mini-game where you can do a horizontal attack, vertical attack, kick, side-step, or remain neutral. All these options win and lose to each other in different ways, so you'll have to experiment. Also, Reversal Edge does not require resources. You can spam an entire match with it if you want, but keep in mind that it can be punished by your opponent if it misses.

Soul caliber if you just want mindless fun. Online still needs a bit of work though.
Tekken if you want to get competitive. Online is doing fine now after a couple of patches, just watch out for lobby hosts for tournaments, they hate losing, and will instantly ragequit.
All in all it’s up to you for what you want.

RE did not ruin SCVI and it has recently been nerfed to the point where throwing it out is incredibly dangerous.

Neither. Get Street Fighter V and call it a day.

to be honest, that sounds really obnoxious. Maybe I'd just need to see for myself

what makes it incredibly dangerous now?

you need to leave

SC is more beginner friendly but dead and Tekken isn't, pretty simple choice.

Yeah that guy is wrong though. I can even do drastically different gameplans with the same character. Characters do have similar tools, in the sense that you can find moves that act and look the same on multiple characters, but Tekken has great diversity in the cast. Mastering a character's moveset makes them seem unstoppable, regardless of what character you pick. Fighting a long set against someone who knows their character as well as you know yours always feels intense.
I really don't know where that guy got the idea that everyone has a similar gameplan. I've played almost every mainstream fighting game series for years but Tekken has the most character moveset diversity.
Opposite of SFV.

Before, it used to leave you at plus on block. Now it leaves you minus.

What does it drain Guard Meter now?

I haven't played it since MK11 came out

from what i've seen of pro tekken, i find it interesting how covering certain options after knocking an opponent on the ground is really similar to Melee
of course the fundamentals are light years apart, but i just find it interesting how there's that one similarity in high level play despite that

I hate that you're right and you've made me realize that now

If I remember correctly, it grants less meter now, is unsafe on block, and I think your Guard Meter drains, but only if you're getting hit during it. Could be wrong on that last part.