MAKE A MONKEY OUT- MAKE A MONKEY OUT- DON'T A MAKE A MONKEY OF ME! MAKE A MONKEY OUT- MAKE A MONKEY OUT- DON'T A MAKE A...

MAKE A MONKEY OUT- MAKE A MONKEY OUT- DON'T A MAKE A MONKEY OF ME! MAKE A MONKEY OUT- MAKE A MONKEY OUT- DON'T A MAKE A MONKEY OF ME!

Attached: rockmanX5.jpg (657x648, 135K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8FJTK_iNA5s
youtube.com/watch?v=LuWDDQRx3ZY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

X5 a shit

Your favorite game is shit.

bump

>tfw you found the seething user who couldn't get past shadow devil

X1 > X2 > X4 > CM > X3 > X8 > X6 > X5 > X7

Holy shit, an agreeable opinion.
Wouldn't put for sure X2 above X4, or X6 above X5 though.

X4 > X5 > X1 = X3 = X6 = X2 > X8 > X7

Attached: 1555885720851.png (1200x1200, 39K)

Finally, someone who isn't a disgusting contrarian in these threads
Kill yourself

>Kill yourself
woah! pretty edgy thing to tell someone over VIDEO GAMES, don't you think? all of that for a bunch of pixels you move when you press a bunch of buttons? Yeesh!

Megaman X games are so shit compared to Classic and Zero, christ.

>compared to zero
Very based
>games
Well, not all of them, X4 and X5 are the cream of the crop for the X-series, but the rest of them pale in comparison to the Zero-series, yeah.

Attached: WV7bgTom_400x400.jpg (400x400, 25K)

Classic, maybe. Zero, that depends a lot on how hard you need to style on a stage. Zero's really underwhelming if you don't aim for masterful runs.

you can't shoot me, dumdum, you're a penguin! :)

>and X5

Aside from the Falcon Armor X5 is just a pale imitation of X4. X6 replays are more satisfying in all honesty.

X6 replays are monotonous with all the reploid and nightmare stage BS, X5 has more going for it IMO with the multiple-ending stuff.

X5 also has reploids to collect and the nightmare system has a way more interesting, if not jank as all hell impact on the actual gameplay than either the timer or the virus mechanic.

the music is god tier but the game itself is ass

Can't decide between the first X legacy collection on switch, or to get puyo champions. How was the port?

>X5 also has reploids to collect
Yeah but nowhere near as much, like 2 per stage, and their appearance doesn't depend on which nightmare stage was randomly selected. I agree about the virus mechanic adding pretty much nothing to the gameplay itself (heals Zero, but leads you down the bad ending and an extra cool cutscene), but I have to disagree about the timer mechanic, since it introduces a lot of strategies you can take to destroy Eurasia, which in turn can go a few different ways, changing stage order, the character you play as, and the story in general.
Meanwhile, as you said, the Nightmare stuff is janky as all fuck, especially in the goddamn phoenix and ice wolf-thing stages.
The only thing I really liked in X6 over X5 is the Nightmare Zero fight, which is a kinda semi-secret boss fight you can take to unlock another character (even if the explanation in-story behind it is retarded), I thought that was pretty cool. I also liked Gate and his fight theme, but otherwise, that's about it.

I would also like to know this

My issue with X5 is that it's competent but unexciting. The timer system is so loose that if you're any good at X games you have to time out on purpose and I don't really see any merit in trying to manipulate the RNG for whatever viable reason there may be to do so. X6 at least put forth interesting gameplay gimmicks, even if the rushed development led to their execution being wildly volatile in quality. X5's story and multiple endings do have some pull but as an X game I'd say it's the most boring of the lot.

bump

Well, we're gonna have to agree to disagree then. While not as good as X4, X5 still provides much entertainment for what it is, and enough to keep you on the edge of your seat a bit with the timer and multi-ending stuff without becoming frustrating, which unfortunately X6 was, to an extent.

I've only ever played X up to X4.

Should I get the Megaman X collection and play 5-8 or should I play Zero?

Someone here must've played the switch port

7, ignore. 8 is among the weakest of the series, but still has some merit.

The Zero series in general is better than the X series, but be prepared, the skill wall climbs HIGH. Zero 1 will hit you like a train, its difficulty is Classic-tier. The Z games get more forgiving as you go, but are all consistently harder than any X game.

Play how you wanna play, but I'd say, go for X5 and X6, then jump onto the Zero games.

>El Hermano

Attached: HighMax.png (1386x1212, 2.29M)

Play X5 for the story, then move on to Zero. Honestly, the X series in general is very rough after X4. I personally think they're all worth trying but you've absolutely played the best games in the series already, it's a pretty infamous decline in quality.

I guess not bro, I might just buy it.
I've really got back into Mega Man recently

I did and honestly I'm fine with it. There's reports of input lag on the SNES games but it didn't bother me enough to notice if it's even true. I'd maybe ask someone who can speedrun these games if there's input lag, I really can't tell. I'm just happy to have X1-X4 on a handheld.

Same, I missed out on most of the X series too. I've only played X1 and X5. I'm a little hesitant due to complaints of high input delay but I imagine it's controversy for controversy's sake and the issue was way overblown.

6,7 & 8 were just bad games for the time.
Playing them a decade later without the expectation of them being great games and not comparing them to games contemporary to them at the time has washed away a lot of the complaints.
The controls stand up, the graphics aren't that bad for decades old games, the music is awesome. They just got a bad wrap at the time of release but unlike a lot of games they've stood the test of time.

This. Especially classic

How can you make the best game in the entire franchise (X1), and then immediately spiral down into an abyss of shit? What the fuck happened to the X series?

There is some reported input lag for X1-X3 (not sure if it applies to the rest) by speedrunners like CalebHart, but that's speedrunners we're talking about, I imagine the average player wouldn't notice it at all.

Code Crush > Wild Fang > Moonlight > Jounetsu Setsuna > One More Time > Makenai Ai ga kitto ga aru > Monkey

Attached: 1533019838710.jpg (2000x2072, 905K)

I'm not a speed runner but the input lag in the switch version of the X collection made it unplayable for me. It's really fucking bad. But I'm pretty sensitive to input lag in general

You can say that for 6 & 8, but most definitely not 7, even after all those years, even going into it with a fresh perspective, boy is it absolutely terrible.

that's not how you bait. This is:
Megaman Legends is shit

>Worst game gets the best song.

Attached: SilverHah.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

X6 and X8, sure. They still have obvious problems but they're playable enough. X7 was never good and, short of a full blown remake in a completely different engine, will never be good. That game is just fucked on a fundamental level.

>Megaman Legends is shit
Unironically agree

I don't. L1 and L2 are in my top 5 MM games. Granted, I'm also a pretty big Zeldafag but I also played L2 around the time I played my first Zelda.

so do I, but only for Legends 1, Legends 2 fixes a lot of what was wrong with the former.

Damn, that sucks. Even in handheld?

I never got to play it when it was released and I've never seen the appeal to them.
I like a lot of Mega man games but I've just never wanted to play Legends.

Anyway remember MML3? Whatever happened to that? There was big hype over it the last time I was on this board

I HATE EVERY APE I SEE
FROM CHIMPAN-A TO CHIMPANZEE
NO YOU'LL NEVER MAKE A MONKEY OUT OF MEEEEEE

Attached: hqdefault[1].jpg (480x360, 26K)

Attached: 1452242285672.png (1200x2400, 114K)

Yes, both handheld and docked. In comparison Sonic Mania feels perfectly response in both.

>FROM CHIMPAN-A TO CHIMPANZEE
That joke doesn't work if you're a bong.

>I've never seen the appeal to them
They're Zelda-style action adventures as opposed to the action platforming of half the franchise's subseries. It's a bit like Battle Network - if you don't like action RPGs much then it's possible to love Classic/X/Zero/ZX but not that subseries. Same thing with Legends, it's an odd duck.

>Anyway remember MML3? Whatever happened to that? There was big hype over it the last time I was on this board
You haven't been here since 2011? The scars are still there from the cancellation.

The input lag is slightly more noticeable on the PS4 to be honest.
If you want to play without input lag you're stuck on the original snes version or an emulator.

Attached: mmxc.png (1133x657, 141K)

>>Anyway remember MML3? Whatever happened to that? There was big hype over it the last time I was on this board
>You haven't been here since 2011? The scars are still there from the cancellation.

Yeah I've had a hard 8 years.

X1 is a masterpiece
X2 is ok
X3 is garbage and you're a fucking tard if you enjoyed it
X4 is amazing
X5 is fucking soulless
X6 is a masterpiece of awful game design
X7 is X6 one step further
X8 is haven't played it yet, X7 left me broken

I see. Well, yeah. It got cancelled. You could hear profuse screaming in the streets throughout the summer of 2011.

X8 is the best one since X4 but still not great, just better than X5-7. It feels like a return to basics in comparison but most stages being gimmicky as hell works against the goodwill of its better decisions. Still, had the series continued it would've been on a road to recovery if X8 was any indication.

how was jail

like all of 6 people cared, mate. thats why it got cancelled. its mind boggling that right now we are living in the era of "games that should of been cancelled but are still in development 38 years past its prime" and people still think mml3 would of been differnet.

It's promising but brief since there's 5/12 levels you simply won't want to replay and the boss rematches is an entire stage. Music's nice and the game has good extras but metal grinding can suck it.

Reploids in X5 are just extra lives, not the permanently missable part shit they were in X6.

No. It has so much hype and they were going to judge the fan reaction of the demo if they should go through with it. but they cancelled it due to some internal bullshit, never even publicly released the demo and then blamed the fans

Capcom still could've handled the cancellation with more tact than they did. I think that's what really got people mad, they had the nerve to openly blame the fans on that one, and right before they released that planned demo to boot. That said, they did want to charge for it and you can't go back once you charge for a fucking demo so that was that. I wish they had properly tested the waters and released it for free, at least.

What's the best way to play X1-3? Any specific emulators for low latency?

What are the best games of the classic Megaman series? I'm considering getting the legacy collection for X1-4 so I might get classic ones as well.

Haha I wish it was jail!
I joined Antifa, what a shit show that was.
Anyway I'm back now.

Didn't they release an actual working version of the demo? I even entered into the character design competition. How did it get cancelled?

X collection for GameCube, PS2, and others is pretty nice. Has X1-6 and you can have it through Dolphin.

>they had the nerve to openly blame the fans on that one
that was a fake twitter account ya idiot

Every Classic game is good. None of them has any real huge faults.

>it had so much hype
based on what

and it very well could of been on the fans. people seem to latch onto the idea that the one and sole indicator capcom used to determine interest in the game was purely that online survey, which is absolutely insane.

Get the X5 and X6 mod from romhacking.net and emulate it.

1-6 are great.
1 is a little outdated compared to the others but it's not a big deal.

7-8 are decent but lose the charm of the first 6.
9-10 use exactly the same style as 1-6 and are great revivals of the series.
Not played 11

2/3 are best, with 3 as the highest point IMO. 4-6 are cool too but I wasn't into the buster charge shot as much as other people. Honestly they're all solid. 1's probably worst since it came first, but ordering 1-6 is completely arbitrary. They're all gold.

Is it worth getting X Legacy Collection 2 if all the games on it are shit?
Are they not even worth giving it a chance?

can we just be done now. can we just stop

5 and 8 are ok

They're worth a chance, just approach with caution.

Im playing right now with the Pokken control and I don't get ant troubles. Maybe IS your controller or TV.

Maybe
You're better off just emulating them because of the atrocious input delay

What is your favorite maverick?
I am torn between Armored Armadillo and pic related

Attached: Mmx5darkdizzy.jpg (588x831, 214K)

It's not so bad that it makes getting all the hunter medals impossible and the random dropped inputs in X3 is a much worse issue

Attached: 1548864200055.jpg (550x587, 155K)

x5's still fun. x6 is playable but mediocre with a reliance on gimmicks. They're both worth playing. It's only x7/x8 that are actively bad games.

>CM
>Good
Fuck off

dropped inputs? I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere (not doubting you). how serious is it?

BURNTOTHEGROU-BUR-BURNTO-BURN! BURN! BURNT-BURNA
youtu.be/8FJTK_iNA5s

Dashing and jumping a lot would cause my jumps to not register occasionally, mostly while fighting bosses(especially Bit)

But again, I got all the hunter medals, so it's not game-breaking, just obnoxious

Attached: 1535341961819.jpg (556x712, 195K)

It's a perfectly serviceable JRPG. Length notwithstanding I don't see what there is to get up in arms about.

JUST TAH NO
JUST TAH NO
DA ANSWER

Attached: x.jpg (205x246, 9K)

I wouldn't say X8 is a bad game, just wholly mediocre.

>Boomer Kuwanger

X5 is good, 6 is when it went completely to shit. And that OC shadow the hedgehog tier character they shoved into 7 and 8 ruined it.

X8 has some stages that I like more than anything in X5 like Pitch Black, Primrose and Booster Forest, while also not being nearly as fucky as X6 or X7.

>And that OC shadow the hedgehog tier character they shoved into 7 and 8 ruined it.
That's really not fair to Axl, he's not a simple recolor, or edgy at all, he's the happy-go-lucky guy of the group.

Ah it's cheap enough.

Thanks

I am still mad they made Model A 'Albert' instead of him

Does the input delay make X1-3 unfun to play, or is it mainly something that experienced players will feel? I want to put a decent amount of time in and learn 1CC buster only stuff like I did on MM1-6, but that's still pretty casual. I don't care about speedruns.

X7 is bad for no shortage of reasons on a technical and executional level. Axl has little to do with why that game is bad.

I think Sigma is cool

Except he's like Naraku from Inuyasha, he never dies for real. At least Dr. Wily always gets away, Sigma legit gets his ass kicked only to go "NUH-UH" the next game.

It's still fun.
You need to have played the snes original pretty consistently to notice the difference

I also like Dr Wily

Never give up your dreams and always try hard

are we getting x9 or is capcom still being fucktards?

Well, if anything, there's nothing to say Dr Albert didn't base his A-Trans tech off of Axl's (it even has the same name), so you can still say Model A is related to Axl.

Reminder that the Japanese songs sucked and only weebs like them

Nah, we're gonna get it for sure, MM11 did good enough to incentivize them.

They're seeing how well MM11 does first.

They recently announced that 11 performed well.

They already did, and MM11 performed respectably, we're getting X9.

This is great news. Thanks guys

Or you can dig and find the PC port of X5.

You're now remembering Squid Adler's stage music

Fucking just give me Mega Man: Elf Wars already, fuck MML3.

READY

>dies 5 seconds in

I've ran it too many times that getting all the ammo is simple. It's also far shorter and easier than Jet Stingray.

How much content does MM11 have? Is it worth £20? I could buy X legacy 1+2 for that price (even if the ports are not ideal). I picked up the demo and the controls feel buttery smooth.

I think getting the ammo is harder but just making it to the end is much easier.

Why the fuck does the future of a x9 game depend on the shitty classic series? I've never been more SEETHING I had to see MM games shoved down my throat since MM9 to fucking 11 before they even thought about x9

Because most fans are fans of both series so if they buy one it's reasonable to expect they'd buy the other.
Not everyone is that autistic that they would stick themselves in such a small gaming niche that they would like one series yet hate an almost identical series made by the same people, that is something autistic people do.

Hell, most people who claim to be fans of the X series only like 1 or 2 games and say everything else is hot steaming garbage, so we're in autism HQ

Attached: 1526415062320.jpg (614x614, 46K)

Yeah I agree. I even have the Autism myself

So I'm firing MMX5 up for the first time right now, should I play on Rookie Hunter mode to ease the pain?

You're on Yea Forums. A given 70%+ of us are on the autism spectrum to varying extents.

X is fine too but MM9 was my shit.

ease the pain? X5 is one of the easiest X games, don't be a pussy.

I can understand where they're coming from even if I love both classic and X. I love FFT and hate fire emblem for example. Being a big fan of one can heighten your expectation for other games in the genre and makes watered down experiences stand out way more. A casual player will eat up anything happily.

Classic isn't really watered down X, though.

>X3 not down there with X5
Other than that and the fact CM is there for no reason, I sincerely agree with this

Not at all, I don't think it is either, but it's lacking wall jumping and dash jumping etc which may be the main draw for X players. I'm just speaking generally about why players might dislike one thing over another within two seemingly similar games. I find that a lot of my enjoyment in the Crash series is screwing around with slide jumps, so 1 feels a bit empty in comparison.

That's why I come here. It feels like home

I've played most of them, the only true stinker is X7. X8 is good despite what every contrarian on this board says.

But... but it has a time limit.
I put the game on slow and easy with the Rookie Hunter Mode on. I'm not even sure I can be damaged at this point.
I think I'll ease off I didn't think I'd be starting with all the X4 upgrades

*cheap intro animatics play*

X6 may be awful but it's also awfully fun, you have to be a brainlet to not enjoy playing it

X3 still controls as well as X1/2 do and the double air dash is one of the best leg parts the series has ever seen. Otherwise though, I get where you're coming from.

youtube.com/watch?v=LuWDDQRx3ZY
Why was X6's ost so good?

DESSUBO
DESSUBO
DESSUBO

I was able to find redeeming qualities in X7 now that the load times don't immediately make me shut off the game anymore

Attached: 1553961805047.jpg (818x839, 300K)

>But... but it has a time limit.

Oh God, you're one of those that stresses over that sort of thing. Look, X5 looks like it has a time limit but it's so damn forgiving that it might as well not even be there. Each stage attempt is an hour, you have 8 stages and 16 hours, you don't get penalized an hour for getting a game over, and it goes away once you reach the Sigma stages. Oh, and the game keeps going if you run out of time, you just get the bad end.

Do you think we'll see a MMZ collection next? There are a bunch of other odd games like ZX/Advent and MM&B still to be rereleased too.

High Max and Nightmare Mother's awfulness are overrated

It does unfuck a few of the bad decisions implemented in X6/7 like needing all armor parts to use an armor and a few of the bosses are actually decent, but there's an avalanche of missteps to weigh against its scant few good ideas.

*implemented in X5/6

Clearly, I am acclimated to shitting on X6/7, it's just a reflex now.

X7 is mediocre at best and is overdesigned menu wise I feel. They also got some things right but the physics being off makes playing as Zero feel like a hindrance. I plan on finishing it provided I can fix Legacy collection 2 crashing again.

MMZ Collection happened on the DS years ago.

>Do you think we'll see a MMZ collection next?
Where have you been? We've had one for 10 years now.

High Max vs X? Yes, overrated.
High Max vs Zero? Fuck no, but still doable with (a lot of) practice.

Yep I already own it on DS, but I mean for PS4/PC/Switch. I doubt they'll miss out on the free money, they're obviously not putting in that much effort. I imagine they'll throw the GBA roms together with a couple of filters and some concept art eventually.

A legacy collection. Obviously there have already been compilations for classic/X too on previous consoles.

There's only two games for ZX, they need to make a sequel first. As for classic the legacy collection doesn't feel superior to the anniversary collection to me for having all 8 games+the two arcade games on a single disc while having an interactive menu. It's done lazily with MM&B and Battle&Chase not included.

Ok thanks bro.
I just finished the Crescent Grizzly stage and I have a few questions that the game hasn't really explained.
Are there any downsides to always using the 4th armor?
What's that "Normal" shit and the green circle in the bottom corner
What's the deal with the four mavericks the game doesn't even bother to mention, should I ignore them?

You are stuck with only two upgrade slots instead of 4, but otherwise it's functionally like the Ultimate armor without Nova Strike. The green circle relates to you being exposed to the sigma virus(purple floating heads), and the other four mavericks have shuttle parts you can ignore if you've detonated the colony with the cannon.

No, it's more fun if you figure that one out by playing blind, and you'll probably know when to worry about that. Don't worry about playing X5 "right", just sorta go with it.

Ok thanks bros
I'm guessing my easymode playthrough while I get used to how the controls handle on a Switch is negating some of those cool things you said

I've played all of them
The only games I really don't like are X3 and X7
The only reason I even finished X7 was because it was the japanese version with MUCH better voice acting
X3 just felt super jank had some meh ost and the bosses deal stupid damage to balance off the fact they are super brain dead and easy to read

You can remap controls and I'd HIGHLY suggest remapping dash to a shoulder button.

MMZ did that right, subweapons were on the R button.

Do they need more than two shoulder buttons? I want to play with a pokken controller

Oh god yeah I did that straight away.
MMZ was my first Mega Man game, I never managed to finish it but I got used to the shoulder dash.

If you don't care about real time weapon selecting then not really. One for dash and another for giga attack should be fine.

Wow the music in X5 is awesome
This Dynamo fellow seems like he'll be a good inclusion to the series too

Don't think he'll stick around much longer

He's pretty based in X6.

What's gonna happen to mmx corrupted

Attached: TheEnd.png (720x480, 74K)

Probably the same as AMR2

Which game is better BN2, BN3 or BN5?

I want to play Battle Network, but I'm waiting for a compilation on switch. It'll inevitably happen soon.

I don't think it'll happen.
The best you can get is the WiiU versions.
Imagine Online battles though

Unfortunately I don't own a Wii U. I can just emulate on vita, but I love the versatility of switch. I have enough stuff to play that I can wait a while longer before I give in and settle for emulation.

It's been teased that a new battle network game for mobile is coming in the next few months. perhaps we'll see something at E3?

X4 fags are the worst

Holy shit!
I just remade the Enigma cannon and it didn't destroy the Space Station. What the fuck.
Is that supposed to happen.
This game man.

This. The nu gen x were all shit and BORING except for x6

It's rng
The parts just get you better odds

That is actually really cool.
Why do people shit on this game again?

>RNG is cool
I like X5 too but no, just no my dude.

Attached: 1503961562040.jpg (540x720, 65K)

Because
>muh ecksfour

why not?
It makes each playthrough a little different.
Nothing wrong with that unless you're trying to speedrun it.

X4 has that smooth flow, though. It's a streamlined, no nonsense game that trades complex design for near constant forward momentum.

I would move X5 up one but otherwise I completely agree. X8 was underrated once upon a time when everybody assumed it was about as bad as X7, now people overrate it for being just barely competent because multiple piles of shit preceded it.

Objectively correct tier list, if its not on here, then i havent played it

Attached: objectively.png (511x412, 186K)

9 and 11 are the best classic games. 2, 3, 4, and 6 are also great. The others are good, but nothing special.

You're going to need an SS for X4

Attached: zero3slash.gif (300x170, 74K)