Pillars of Eternity

Has anyone been able to play this game without falling asleep or dying from boredom?
It's actually quite amazing how they manage to create this snoozefest

Attached: 424473-pillars-of-eternity-complete-edition-playstation-4-front-cover.jpg (800x800, 99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A2XfForaMaQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yeah, I've managed. The second game is pretty good too.

Attached: Fun.png (258x111, 21K)

That's exactly my opinion as well.
Remember how Yea Forums was ranting on and on about MUH SJWs and raging about how this game was horrible?

But to me, it wasn't horrible.
That's the problem, you remember games that are good, and games that are bad, the problem with PoE is that it commits the greatest sin of them all: being utterly forgettable.
I wasn't having fun NOR getting pissed off, i was basically asleep.
It's boredom: the game.

It's what some people think BG1 feels like, because they don't undertand the finesse and becauty of a sober, modest low level D&D campaign, but in this case unironically, it's just boring.
It actually generally feels like BG1, but made by people that don't really understand why BG1 was good, while being restrained.

Attached: 1322232388029.png (477x342, 183K)

what are you talking about dude I love turn-based combat where you have to make your own turns

Did couple of runs. It was fun.

OP is a zoomer who has never played a CRPG before.

yes. game was a ton of fun

I'm glad someone else gets it too

Bullshit, i grew up with this shit and found PoE milktoast and boring as hell.

Great game.
I put more than 100 hours in each of the two games.
Gonna replay 2 in turn based mode soon.

Attached: Desktop Screenshot 2018.12.28 - 23.21.14.94_1.jpg (1920x1080, 1.89M)

i remember quite liking how it played and had a lot of fun. haven't got around to playing the sequel yet.

the tryhard lore drives me mad.
modern developers just can't into crpgs, divinity original sin and tyrany are both shit too.

dude 5 minute loads screens every five minutes or when you enter a house.

I thought it was okay. I was disappointed by it. I wanted the keep thing to be deeper instead of a phone minigame. The delve in the cave was neat. Disappointing loot and boss.
I can't remember the story at all desu. The big twist was that there were no gods but they actually are real? It just seemed weird to me.
None of the classes stood out to me. Neither did any companions.
I thought about playing the 2nd one.

>Can't talk to a npc without him infodumping a wiki page of the lore in your mouth
>Lore and story aren't even that good or original
>Gameplay is a sub-baldur's gate with tons of trash mobs and is fucking easy even on hardest difficulty
Yeah that's a shit game alright

Both of the games are terrible and the only people that have played them and think they are fun are people that have full blown autism.

The twist is that they aren't real gods but super powerful beings created by the ancient civilization of the setting

Yeah. But what does it matter?
They still have the powers of gods. They still answer prayers like them and they punish you for not believing them.
It's just like someone being brought into godhood. What's wrong with that? it isn't too uncommon for D&D stuff.

What about Kingmaker?

>Game in a genre that typically appeals to nerdy/autistic guys appeals to nerdy/autistic guys
Who would have thought?

haven't played it but i'm sure it sucks too.

First time i dropped after about 6-7 hours. I tried to start again a few times but struggle to pass 2 hours mark, fucking boring.

It's actually good if you can withstand real time combat system.

youtube.com/watch?v=A2XfForaMaQ

will you get your name on the plaque in the obsidian offices?

> Bought it day1
> Managed to get to big city
> Dropped
> Years later gave it another chance
> Dropped before big city
> Bought it for Xbone
> Dropped it in big city
> Now I'm trying again
While I dig its combat system, PoE is garbage.

Attached: poe.jpg (515x265, 24K)

Way too much writing. It needs to time down dialogue to somewhere between where it's at and what Skyrim has. Preferably closer to skyrims level. I wanna play the game not read a book. King maker had a really interesting system but had too much dialogue as well.

>It needs to time down dialogue to somewhere between where it's at and what Skyrim has. Preferably closer to skyrims level.

Attached: 1516587068802.png (1280x720, 205K)

I'm trying to get into W-RPGs and as far as I know Baldur's Gate is one of the best of their kind. Could you explain some of its highlights?

>too much dialogue
>for games that are based off of/heavily influenced by ttrpgs
I don't think CRPGs are for you user. Maybe you should try reading a book sometime.

Attached: 1554919061282.jpg (468x895, 72K)

Agreed, a little too much dialogs in both games. But holy fuck now i remembered Shadowrun HK with it's dialogs and that was fuckfest, i was so much tired of them.

you don't get it, neither fallout nor BG2 were heavy on dialogue.
but pillars just throws walls of meaningless text at you. and all the backers got an npc with a backstory which inflates the amount of text even more.

I feel so bad for people that bought this one consoles not knowing any better. It's load screens: the game

>It's load screens: the game
Nah, that's Anthem

BG1 is a low level D&D session.
It's perfect as an introduction because it's exactly what a DM should do to someone that is trying to get into D&D for the first time: run a simple, basic campaign and feel things out on how the players behave, they learn the game, he learns how they play.

The story is basic and silly, the interesting moments will come from meeting characters that will stick with you here and there, and getting into smaller situations that you'll remember, rather than the main plot as a whole.
BG2 on the other hand is the true main course, it's where the story ramps up and almost everything you do starts being interesting, and the characters improve too.
So yeah it's just great all around to introduce you to the genre, and then show you it's potential afterwards.
Have the wiki at hand if you're having problems with the mechanics.

>just you, pretty fish

Why exactly are you guys playing crpgs?

Attached: IMG_1016.jpg (419x503, 50K)

Every time you load a map, it does something with every previous map you've loaded. Hence, the further you get ingame, the longer the loading screen takes. At least they fixed that in PoE2.

>Have the wiki at hand if you're having problems with the mechanics
I always wasting too much time on char creation, and after few hours of mindfucking i begin the game and scrap that shit after 1 hour.

Then pick the answers where your character don't care

I don't know is that something wrong with me or games but i never being bored with dialogs in planescape, arcanum, fallout, or bg.
But in those games it doesn't sit very good with me.
Mostly fine with pathfinder but PoE hart to digest.

Wall of text does not a good crpg make, brainlet.
Planescape: Torment isn't respected just because it has walls of text and that's it, it's respected because it had GOOD WRITING.

The PoE writers write a lot, but not well.
Quantity over quality doesn't make a for a good experience.

I didn't read a single one of those oc npcs.

The prose is PoE is fine, the problem is that nothing exciting or interesting ever fucking happens. None of the mystery is that mysterious and there's heardly and intense, sad or feel good moments. You just trudge around meeting various factions until you meet the Big Bad at the end.

Gameplay turns out to be the games' strong point.
The story has a few cool elements, but overall it's meh

You shouldn't.
It was a terrible idea on their part, it feels like aggressive invasive filler.

I have question.
How important is it to do a perfect run for them?
I'd likely only play once unless i really enjoy the game. I would want to transfer over my character bg2 as well.
Playing with guide is a pain though.

Are they oc donut steal quality?

yeah well the first time i played i didn't know that and i really wanted to get into the game. so i ended up readings tons of meaningless paragraphs.

>How important is it to do a perfect run for them?
It isn't.
What do you mean with "perfect run"?
Minmaxing everything, getting all the good equipment, etc?
It's really not that important at all, your goals should simply be to manage your character to the point of making sure they don't suck dick and die to everything, and that they can overcome the challenges presented to you and beat the campaign.
That's it.
Use the wiki and guides just to understand how to propely manage everything but there's no point in getting autistic about it really.

Not important

Yes.
Their OC fluff is written by the backers themselves, it's horrible, full of errors, and 90% of them are quirky mary sue fishmalk tier.
Terrible, terrible shit.
What a completely horrible idea on their part, i still can't believe they went with it.
It's so unnecessary.

I mean story shit.
Like if i miss a quest it will hurt the sequel or some such.
This the reason i didn't bother with PoE2

No, it's not that important.
It's organic, just like a real campaign, if you miss some stuff it's not a big deal.

This is the actual problem with PoE. The writing is fine but it’s almost too realistic, the first game has invading the castle of Raedric the first and 2nd time and white march, the 2nd game has the ruins titan as a boss and the mecha final boss is really fucking good if you don’t accidentally remove it via sidequest. But the hype confrontations with boisterous baddies need to happen at least sometimes.

I'm not sure but all you transfer in the bg2 is character and his stats. So no choices is valuable from the bg1. Please someone correct me if i'm wrong.

I did the same thing with the gravestones. At first I thought they were very esoteric hints or there was some kind of code hidden in them, then after a while I started wondering if the devs had generated them with markov chains and just spammed theme everywhere to meet a wordcount or something.

Doing quests in the first doesn’t really have any gameplay ramifications beyond “remember when you did that thing” once in a while. Unless you betrayed the gods in the first game that makes like one or two things slightly harder.

Pretty much nothing you do in bg1 matter for bg2. The only thing that get imported are your stats and maybe a couple of items, nothing really important

There's a couple of "hey remember me? i'm that guy" moments but that's about it.

I hated the way they killed off most of your old companions from BG1 and chose to carry over Jaheira and Minsc of all the companions.

>you have to side with the worst faction to get the best ship

Attached: Desktop Screenshot 2019.01.02 - 23.12.57.39_1.jpg (1920x1080, 1.61M)

Is the boat stuff fun?
I thought about getting it as a sid meiers pirates fix.

No it's a shitty CYOA gimmick. Go play AC4 if you want a pirate game.

AC4 is a shitty arcade game, if you want a pirate game play Sid Meier's Pirates

No, there isn't much to the ship part, combat is turn based and done completely through text, navigating is just clicking on the map.
It's really the one part that could be improved given the whole sea theme of the deadfire region.

Attached: Desktop Screenshot 2018.12.23 - 22.25.39.87_1.jpg (1920x1080, 1.2M)

it runs a bit slow on my pc. i haven't gotten past the first dungeon area.

Bird lady comes back. Why? She was so bland in the first one.
Actually i can't think of a companion i really liked.

Bird Lady is Sawyer's waifu. They butchered Eder and Aloth too.

>still no ydwin romance
FUCK OFF OBSIDIAN FUCKING CUNTS

Eder was okay. He had some nice interactions with the furry druid.

thanks

Eder is fine though, he's mad at Eothas for getting his brother killed but understands that good things can come from believing.
He just hates the gods more than the religion itself.
I kinda broke his faith completely by fucking up his sidequest though.

Attached: Desktop Screenshot 2019.01.02 - 22.22.23.70_1.jpg (1920x1080, 1.58M)

>The story is basic and silly
The main quest in BG1 is actually excellent, it's one of the most unique and refreshing stories in the genre. Probably it isn't well implemented, but it's still great.
Now many of the enounters are actually silly and campy, but in an endearing way.

I always recommend installing BG1 NPC Project without romances to fully enjoy the first game.

>The main quest in BG1 is actually excellent, it's one of the most unique and refreshing stories in the genre.
...i really don't know what kind of experience you have with D&D, but BG1 is basically on the level of the simplest, most vanilla stock premade campaigns you can find out there.
I mean it's not bad, but calling it "unique" or "refreshing" makes me question just what else you've played all these years.

Attached: 1310981649779.jpg (377x396, 98K)

They definitely fucked his portrait.

Attached: Eder4.png (210x330, 319K)

He's fine

Attached: $.png (430x330, 269K)

How often do you encounter detective/political storylines with good plot twists? That chapter where you are a wanted criminal is rad as fuck as well.
It's refreshing on the same level as The River of Time. No world ending great evil, no Chosen One, and surprisingly Sarevok isn't even really a Dark Overlord - just a comfy adventure in the middle of nowhere and then in the middle of somewhere.