Kyle Hyde/Hotel Dusk - The Last Window thread

Why the FUCK didn't you buy Kyle's games back then, Yea Forums? When he especially came to sell them at your door! You don't like Redcrown or what? Are you a poorfag?

Attached: nani.gif (192x224, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eMOTAHxNUL4
youtube.com/watch?v=xv6L26DZYEs
youtube.com/watch?v=bbvLGOZmHJM
youtube.com/watch?v=i5f-3U5Vu8s
youtube.com/watch?v=9X_XofqHX3I
youtube.com/watch?v=jcXfPaz5t7w
youtube.com/watch?v=nT3SW_gMmGU
youtube.com/watch?v=9FmXz10HcDI
youtube.com/watch?v=csBSXfOZ13k
patreon.com/taisukekanasaki
youtube.com/watch?v=KFmIZrDyFPI
youtube.com/watch?v=j7uPPerohyY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

but I bought both and I voted him in the Smash ballot. I also bought that spiritual sequel, Case Files or something.

Attached: 1372246892041.png (374x213, 113K)

Why is he so damn handsome? Why isn't he real?

I bought them both.
Last Window is the last game I ever bought actually

Sorry user I was too young back then to understand that piracy wasn't always a good thing. I wish I knew how niche games I truly loved deserved to be bought

Attached: sad_kirby.png (207x198, 55K)

I don't like Nintendo, but if he were on something else I would have bought them in a heartbeat.

But Louis said they didn't charge for music so I thought I could pirate the entire game

Attached: music.jpg (1280x720, 167K)

I bought the first one and was too dumb to import the second (thought it would come out eventually)

I bought both of them for my mum, she really liked them
I really miss Cing though, Little King's Story was great

Attached: 1542478999281.jpg (720x480, 33K)

> Cing is dead
> Companies like Noise and Treasure are still up and going
How?

>b-b-but piracy doesn't hurt sales...!
>it makes good publicity for the games, meaning it keeps the industry alive!

Cing died for our sins. Capcom deemed unnecessary to translate and localize the investigations games in Europe or to translate AAI2 in English for this reason as well. Ghost Trick sold poorly because everyone bought it instead of buying it. Et cetera...

Attached: 1550299979116.png (500x500, 467K)

>Ghost Trick sold poorly because everyone bought it instead of buying it.
Everyone pirated it* I should go to sleep already.

Attached: dead_girl.png (1280x720, 570K)

Also Elite Beat Agents, something everyone loves but also pirated (including myself). I can't blame them for never making sequels if this happens

youtube.com/watch?v=eMOTAHxNUL4
BEST SUAVE MUSIC

I was ten and had shit taste, if I knew about the game at the time I would of bought it, recently got a physical copy from amazon tho
also how does a burger get last window cheep, even outside of the box its damn expensive due to being an import.

Attached: dusk box.jpg (4128x3096, 3.17M)

Getting this on my language is expensive as fuck. It fucking hurts.

I want to fuck Kyle Hyde

Cute

Attached: mlxyou1YHo1rcl0tpo6_250.gif (192x224, 107K)

Attached: 1543782693296.jpg (745x868, 60K)

Attached: 1543785943273.gif (250x300, 737K)

youtube.com/watch?v=xv6L26DZYEs
>we meet the real actors for them
But where's Kyle's model?

Attached: d32tmzr-df8c9d91-745e-43d0-9879-dcb61e490f70.jpg (686x800, 37K)

Im sorry, pirating on DS was too easy even for a twelve year old. And the ROMs were small as well like 10-20 mb.

What is this of a spiritual successor? I need to know. Every year I played through Room 215, and when Last Windows came I played the shit out of that as well.

The only other game I invested so much time in was the Phoenix Wright series, but Kyle Hyde games was better overall.

But I did, user.

Attached: not cool.png (383x250, 78K)

Bought Hotel Dusk, pretty great game, would've bought Last Window if it ever actually came to NA

Have some reaction pics, Yea Forums

Attached: 1535096369633.jpg (434x575, 161K)

It's dead anyway

Attached: 1539217104153.gif (192x256, 47K)

For once I'm glad youtube comments are a thing. Based mystery games fan making references to the Ace Attorney series.

My favorite tracks from this series are :
youtube.com/watch?v=bbvLGOZmHJM (insomnia)
youtube.com/watch?v=i5f-3U5Vu8s (insomnia in the Last Window)
youtube.com/watch?v=9X_XofqHX3I (Silent Moon - forgot where it played but I believe it's either the game over music or the MUH Bradley theme)
youtube.com/watch?v=jcXfPaz5t7w (Hangover Blues - Dunning's theme)
youtube.com/watch?v=nT3SW_gMmGU ( Misty Time or as I like to call it the KINO AS FUCK track when you recap over learnt events in The Last Window)
youtube.com/watch?v=9FmXz10HcDI (Serenity - or simply Rachel in Hotel Dusk)
youtube.com/watch?v=csBSXfOZ13k (Rachel in The Last Window, I like this version way better)

>this file was already posted. Here.
BASED. Have this fun edit instead then

Attached: switch.gif (192x250, 81K)

Chase: Cold Case Investigations - Distant Memories

I wish there were more games like this man.. I really love the artstyle.

Attached: 1549221511708.gif (191x256, 223K)

I bought that and Hotel Dusk...though I never finished the latter.

I never played Hotel Dusk. How is it? I like Kye's reactions btw. Post em.

Attached: 1556300045211.gif (250x300, 605K)

Maybe if Nintendo weren't such useless faggots and actually bothered releasing Last Window in burgerland more people would've bought it.

It's a real shame Cing went bankrupt, the story, music and atmosphere were great in Hotel Dusk and Last Window.

It's one of the best mystery games ever made, in my opinion, and it's got a really unique feel to it.

It hurts knowing that this and Another Code died with Cing.

The art style has me sold, honestly. Gonna try it out soon.

Attached: 1556246658358.gif (184x219, 305K)

Great thread OP.

Attached: Happy_receptionist.gif (170x200, 403K)

every company clink worked with fucked them over, nintendo capcom, they never got a break
I think that's why its more appealing then telltale adventure shit, its an art-style that isn't generic and adds to the tone of the story.
take the investigation segments from AA, add in some puzzles involving the touch screen and a story that builds on tone constantly and atmosphere and you get hotel dusk.

Personally, one of the things I liked the most was the ability to take notes and write things down without getting a piece of paper IRL.

Damn Dylan

Attached: average V user.jpg (823x539, 59K)

Deus Ex in spite of being released in 2000 gave the player so many things that should be taken for granted now.
>you can take notes, your save game has a when-where-custom namefile and screenshot.

Anyway, just what did Red Crown do? I don't understand what was Kyle's job, salesman? Uh?

The note book is great just to fuck around with for the numbers and to have story details recalled in it if you have the time tho the end of chapter round ups do it fine as well

Post that video with the real life models
I was dumbfounded this game reeks of soul

-->

I'm fucking blind. Thanks user

Attached: Blue_Badger.png (199x225, 72K)

I'm sorry OP I didn't even know about them at first. But there were good games.

Last Window was pretty good, I should replay it sometime

Holy fucking shit the old lady from the last window

How many games are there in the series?
And where should I begin

Attached: 1556813451393.gif (280x189, 835K)

>But of course this is not something I could have done alone. So I've called for external help, for instance external production companies. But, by getting outside help, there's always going to be a degree of difference between your images and theirs. That's why I always had to rework those images and adjusting them so they match my own. This task was done entirely by me. Doing this task took me half a year

FUCKING BASED

Attached: Sakutaro_Mr_hat.png (888x1087, 491K)

Two.
Hotel Dusk.

Will he ever come back Yea Forumsros?

Attached: s0rlogn9iaf11.gif (500x281, 811K)

Unless cling some how revives from the dust and asks Nintendo to use the IP again, I doubt it.

Isn't it 1 hour long?

Bought both Kyle's and Ashley's game that were available in the US. Wish Cing didn't die.

Attached: Ashley Mizuki Robbins 3.jpg (400x370, 55K)

>No Hotel Dusk port for Switch
>No Contact port for Switch
>No Trace Memory port for Switch
>No Layton game ports for Switch

Fuck my life. Now I'll never get to be intellectual.

Attached: 018.jpg (1146x1650, 588K)

I maxed out his spirit and using it

Him and Ms.Patrice almost gave me an heart attack

At the time I wasn't into visual novels. I only discovered my love for them after cing died.

Dont know about contact but I dont think the rest would work oustide the DS, or if they could would need so much fine tuning it might as well just be a remake.

Hotel Dusk, as in the location, was comfy as fuck. If ever I have the means, I want to open up a little middle-of-nowhere hotel myself, my dad already kind of looks like Dunning too. Maybe there'll be mysteries, who knows.

Attached: banner.jpg (900x550, 108K)

I know they all have their own things, but if Capcom can port the Ace Attorney games to phones, then I'm willing to bet something could be down to fit these games on one screen.

I was one of the five people that did.

at least with AA they had the GBA versions to consult when it came to the cases that were not rise from the ashes
It's possible but really harder then the trilogy was to port all things considered.

That's the problem

Attached: DAtSY8-XgAEsmCq.jpg (355x369, 25K)

>taisuke kanasaki
>mfw this guy is on Patreon and is making 23 dollars per month while girls who just need to wear makeup and take pics of themselves can make thousands of dollars

patreon.com/taisukekanasaki

Attached: fuck everything.jpg (710x850, 161K)

Attached: ojisan.jpg (620x709, 87K)

Attached: 02.jpg (620x930, 74K)

Handsome fucker.

I am not gay and yet there is something that makes me drawn to him, I even had the luck of getting 3 good drawfags to draw pictures, shame I lost all of them minus this one of which I only have an avatar sized version.

Attached: small.png (184x184, 16K)

>Implying treasure is bad
>Implying treasure is alive

>when you see a brap thread

Attached: Dylan.png (799x598, 223K)

Have a bump my man

fuck i should replay it
how should i go about playing it now?
what ds emulator is the best?

I think desume is the best right?

Cing games had a few puzzles built around the peculiarities of the DS hardware. I remember this one puzzle in Trace Memory/Another Code specifically that was solved by looking at the glare on the DS's top screen.

What exactly would you guys want to see in a third game? And would that be where you want it to end or have Kyle star in more games as he grew older?

Attached: Iris bikini book.jpg (553x500, 76K)

Trace Memory was also amazing. I would sacrifice Kojima Productions to get Cing back.

Attached: full_6375295AmericaBackccc.jpg (800x709, 547K)

heard once the creator had an idea where ashley from another code meet an older, gruffer kyle and they helped each other. That honestly sounds perfect as they could merge both styles of interaction into one game, plus you could close out both of their stories in one story.
maybe have a game in between that and last window but I think that both staring in one would of been a fitting end to cing.

Only thing I wasn't too keen with that idea was Kyle encountering supernatural stuff. I liked how grounded in reality Dusk/Window were, aside from the shadowy organization, which even then was handled pretty realistically.

Attached: Iris bikini pose.jpg (320x560, 57K)

I literally did you bandwagoning faggot.

Attached: IMG_20150206_184428.jpg (2048x1536, 501K)

I mean depends on how they take it could see kyle, a man whos always had rational explanations for how the world works, being shaken up by supernatural stuff with an entire new aspect of reality that is not logically explained.
tho I never played Another code so I dont know how that game works, just going off what I know about Kyle from dusk.

Didn't one of the Kyle games feature a puzzle that required to close the DS at the right time?

I think the game should be ported to telephone, because on a PC it might require to change some puzzles and stuff.

>someone else actually played Lock's Quest

That was Trace Memory. Directed by the same guy.

both fantastic games

Attached: 1557433129145.png (1075x1440, 759K)

Yea, but it would still mean that supernatural had always existed in his world, which didn't seem to be the case in his two adventures at all.
The one where you revive Mila? That was a clever little way of making him perform CPR where some people thought you just had to blow into the mic.

Attached: Kyle found the best costume.png (715x861, 151K)

Attached: 2010-10-30-339424.jpg (650x800, 190K)

We praisin' obscure adventure games by dead developers in this thread?

Attached: pa.115706.1.jpg (398x398, 42K)

I'm glad we got a thread here to talk about these amazing games. They were some of the comfiest and well writtent games I've ever played. Both even managed to make me cry a bit with their endings. Shit now I'm gonna replay them
>nostalgia
My nigga

>posted a few things in february last year and then stopped
fuck

maybe he got a job, right? RIGHT?

I even bought the spiritual sequel.
Kyle Hyde and Cing are long dead.

His last game was in 2016 and exclusive to the eshop. Aksys did fuck all to advertise it. I didn't know it existed until right now.

>Chase: Cold Case Investigations - Distant Memories is an adventure game for the Nintendo 3DS about two detectives working in the Tokyo Police's Cold Case Division. The title was developed by Arc Systems Works and was directed by Taisuke Kanasaki, who was previously a character designer and director on several CiNG games including Hotel Dusk and Trace Memory. Arc System released the game exclusively on the 3DS's eShop in Japan on May 11, 2016 and Aksys Games published the title in the West on October 13, 2016.

Attached: 6779675217f198680426fd671e91c7f5.jpg (768x360, 112K)

was the wii sequel any good?

No idea. I skipped the Wii and WiiU and didn't play a lot of games in general those years.

This game is bizarre. I've tried it at least five times but I can't go past the first hour. While Theresia or Time Hollow were perfectly fine as far as DS gems went

Attached: Dear Emile.jpg (1280x720, 193K)

Shame Kyle had to be such a stick in the mud, he could have been sticking it in Rachel by now.

Attached: Rachel phone.jpg (363x375, 75K)

Where did all the ds-era SOUL go?

>This game is bizarre. I've tried it at least five times but I can't go past the first hour.
It is pretty rough and the awful translation didn't help.

>While Theresia or Time Hollow were perfectly fine as far as DS gems went
I couldn't get into Theresia but I fucking love Time Hollow.

That's a good woman.

The deepest darkest reaches of the Eshop and Steam where no one bothers to look.

Kyle wasn't a real person iirc

Ostensibly a salesman, but his real job was to "clean up" and find lost things

that's still too vague.

And yet Kyle won't put a ring on her and start a family.

Attached: Rachel.gif (170x200, 296K)

>Hey, user. Wanna play Tetris?

Attached: 0020.jpg (800x900, 127K)

He was a combination of 3 men having their facial traits blended together.

Attached: Claire's hustle.jpg (413x550, 81K)

Attached: 0006.jpg (581x600, 189K)

Not really. Ed's business was kind of like information brokering and occasional evidence retrieval/disposal. While they probably never did business with any criminals, they helped out people who didn't want certain items getting into the wrong hands. Bradley's only important item for Kyle was the box with the letter, but he knew it'd be too suspicious if it were just the box and left the magazine and lighter as red herrings.

Ah, thanks for taking the time to reply.

You do have BOTH of these classics, right?

Attached: 20190509_152943.jpg (4032x2268, 2.26M)

I don't remember where the cartridge is.

Attached: Wot Frog.jpg (943x968, 76K)

worst thing about the ds is the fact that those arts are so small that losing them is a matter of when

>haven't played Hotel Dusk since near release
>never played Last Window
Definitely want to replay 1 then finally play 2. About how long are they? They look like the comfy type of length where you can beat each in a weekend, right? Maybe 2-3 solid sittings each?

it'll take you a bit longer than that

Holy based. I thought I was the only one who played it.

Is this now an underappreciated DS gems thread?

Attached: 190340912637461.jpg (550x280, 21K)

They died. The DS was an experimental era where developers took risks to make more unique stuff but the sad truth is most of those aren't profitable.

Now there's a crossover I never expected to see.

Did anyone here play Again: Eye of Providence?
I remember how back in the day it flew under the radar so far below that some people don't even know it's the actual last game Cing ever made (Last Window had already been released in Japan). It was fucking garbage, didn't even finish it, Cing deserved to die even if it hurts to know.

You're not alone. The translation was awful but I put up with it for best girl.

Attached: luxpain1.png (960x720, 77K)

I also beat it on the first try without realizing until later just how hard it is top get the true ending.

Has a good plot idea, but was a bit rushed and the translation didn't help at all. Also, the JP VA list is pretty amazing with the MC being Noctis's and Joker's VA I believe.

some of my games don't seem to work anymore anyway, rather odd, all my N64 games still do.

You could say she is a Riot

Cease and Desist

BECAUSE OF FUCKING PIRATES
PIRATES KILLED GAMING ON DS

>best girl
But that's Mika.

Attached: 20190510_053010.jpg (354x450, 77K)

i bought that piece of trash on 3ds as well. what a fucking disappointment that was. game practically played itself for all of like 2 scenes and then it was over in 20 minutes. they never released any more chapters for that either.

>under the knife trauma center
BASED

Attached: 1457584292289.jpg (472x640, 83K)

Didn't have DS.
Never heard of series then, sorry I guess.
I'm still on like chapter 2/3 of Last window, met rex hunter. I don't even know why I haven't bothered finishing it yet, I started back in 2017

I've heard of this game. Apparently the original Japanese version is supposed to be good, but the English version is horrible and has an atrocious translation that completely ruins the game.

Attached: Claire smile.gif (192x224, 83K)

>but the English version is horrible and has an atrocious translation that completely ruins the game.
It's true. Half the characters say you're Japan and the other half say you're in New York. It's like two different people were localizing and not speaking to each other. Also awful grammar.

I always come back to these games around my birthday. The Kyle Hyde games speaks to my soul, it's so interesting seeing a character that isn't a teenager dealing with life in a realistic way

man I feel lucky getting Last Window before it became really expensive

Speaking of DS visual novels, has anyone heard of Kabu Trader Shun? It's a Japan only stock trading VN from Capcom. It's kind of like Ace Attorney in a sense, but with a different profession.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 24K)

There's also Lifesigns which is kinda like Ace Attorney except you're a doctor.

Attached: 5109k3wZuJL.jpg (313x500, 37K)

>Japan only
I wish you would stop torturing my poor soul. Why are great games locked behind the language frontier
Same with Twilight Syndrome

the second one literally shows english text

I follow him on twitter, he even followed back even though I don't post a lot. Wish we lived in a timeline were Cing succeeded.

The 3DS thing was wank.

Don't forget the legendary witch touching game.

Attached: 2007-08-16-67649.jpg (1600x1200, 1.09M)

Attached: Paperclips.jpg (419x600, 104K)

I wanted to try this but everything I hear about the translation is awful, bordering on unplayable.

I could not forget this piece of fantastic shit. Post more lewd of them.

Attached: Hotel Dusk.jpg (800x600, 256K)

Any good VNs on 3DS? There seems to only be AA, ZE and Jake.

That nigga is literally is my friend on Facebook and I wish him happy birthday every year and he always say "thank you".

You're a good man

Attached: appel.jpg (360x360, 16K)

You are the greatest user

Attached: marcille51.jpg (471x482, 65K)

I could not forget about it. Post more lewd

>still haven't played Last Window
It hurts.

Attached: 1525841739524.png (421x387, 61K)

Attached: 958727-doki14.jpg (254x190, 19K)

Attached: giphy2.gif (256x475, 63K)

Attached: giphy.gif (256x512, 59K)

YOU CAN DO IT NOW! ENJOY IT WITH US!!!

>Cing made the kino Hotel Dusk series
>tfw they also made this hot garbage
I imported Last Window from Europe to play it OP, I did my part

Attached: 61+W+IDo20L[1].jpg (500x448, 86K)

Gotta find me a copy of this game

The art style of this game always made meanna try it out

Like 3 years ago i went on a buying spree of games i thought would get rare. Made some good calls, ended up buying stuff like The Last Window and Chulip for around 10 bucks each.

Gotta finish this hotel dusk

Attached: image.png (100x100, 18K)

play it user it's actually good

and don't you forget to do it.

Attached: aughasdasf.png (239x209, 57K)

Glad I played this gem.

It'd be a crime if you hadn't.

Attached: Dusk my cock.jpg (450x407, 62K)

Attached: Monk and the Hyde.jpg (1600x4600, 495K)

Does he have a Twitter? I want to support him too.

youtube.com/watch?v=KFmIZrDyFPI

Attached: 1557099159916.jpg (841x764, 38K)

Attached: bane.png (883x506, 49K)

If I pull that paperclip off would you die?

what's his account?

>patreon.com/taisukekanasaki
>mfw this guy is on Patreon and is making 23 dollars per month

It's 29 now.
Some of you guys are aight

I liked them so much that the first time I traveled to Japan I bought second hand copies of both games in Bookoff.

Say what you will about 'em but both games were extremely comfy. Also great OST.

youtube.com/watch?v=j7uPPerohyY

Don't worry user I'm planning to get them soon.

Just not sure to play in Japanese or eurofag English

Attached: Melissa happy.gif (170x200, 211K)

why was she wearing those baggy clothes?