Mid game skill check bosses

Which of these four is your favorite

Attached: SkillCheckBosses.png (1370x1422, 3.45M)

O&S are not mid game

Here's a better one actually.
Hard mode: don't just say the first one you played

Attached: SkillCheckBosses.png (1369x1422, 2.72M)

Huh?
I thought the Dancer was the first boss you fought.
I had to retry a lot but eventually beat her and made it inside the castle my first run through the game.
Pretty cool but then I had to backtrack after I hit a wall.

I never had too much trouble with Dancer, Pontiff is the one that really frustrated me.

Theyre the boss everyone refers to that separates the first and second half of the game and they are the ones that qualify most as a skill check
You /can/ fight the dancer first but she is meant to be fought later on. and in the I think 19 bosses of DS3 she is the one closest to the middle that can be considered a skill check before entering upper lothric
but which of those is your favorite

O&S are the most memorable IMO. But I guess I'm biased because I prefer DaS1 as a whole.

Why is this "mystery nigga" meme a thing when it is clearly intended that you use the Confederate summons to fight them? It's not even a "but I don't wanna use summons", you literally only have the confederate rune available at that point for that rune slot, and the summons are right by the entrance, and it's the one fight you can use two summons at. It's there for a reason.

Better owl
I rarely see them desu

Attached: SkillCheckBosses.png (1369x1422, 2.77M)

Depends.
SL1 for dancer is easier than SL1 O&S and BL4 Mystery Niggas.

Attached: mysteryniggas.png (350x205, 68K)

OS > Owl > Dancer > Velstadt
Do the mystery niggas even count they're an easy gimmick boss

Haven't gotten to Owl but those bosses aren't skill checks.

desu pontiff's more of a med game skill check boss than dancer. dancer's like a reprieve after the midgame because all you have after it is the princes and soul of cinder if you do it the way it's supposed to be done.

with you on o&s though, i think they do a good job setting the tone for the second half of the game.

I guess it's between the Shadows and Owl, probably Owl winning by a bit because of his story. Dancer wasn't really much of a challenge and O&S didn't really test anything apart from your ability to separate the two.

?? Do you rate how good a boss is by difficulty?
Yes

velstadt's only midgame if you do the DLCs after him and you even count them, dude. the closest thing to midgame skill boss we get is like looking glass knight

Dancer unironically challenged me the most (I wasn't hugging her ass the first time I fought her), plus she's cool, and has the best arena (I'm not objective, I like the fact that she is the huge scary bright spot in a dark room)

Attached: Dancer.gif (500x250, 1.52M)

>dancer instead of Sully
>MYSTERY NIGGAS when it's literally a gimmick Confederate fight
>Sekimeme instead of DS2
Absolutely disappointing.

You forgot one.

Attached: maxresdefault2.jpg (1280x720, 149K)

Attached: 4C6B3A94-CC5A-4E5A-93C9-37E5FABF735F.png (597x746, 397K)

>one

I wonder who at from decided to make the dancer.

Attached: The Dancer Is THIN.jpg (3840x2160, 1.44M)

Eh yeah I guess I can see how Sully is more of a skill check than Dancer
I'm only doing the four most popular From games by Miyazaki

Attached: SkillCheckBosses.png (1368x1422, 2.68M)

When I look at it from this perspective it really makes me wonder how she can even walk like that

Can we do non-From? I personally like Monsoon from MGR since he clicked for me immediately

Attached: Monsoon_Meets_the_Ripper.JPG.jpg (1126x786, 134K)

Add Maneaters or Firelurker from DeS
and Mirrorguy from 2

Sure but if you post that pic you gotta post the right one

Attached: 1496347649886.png (1280x720, 765K)

Hipster

Haha, imagine being sat on by dancer. Hahaha

Attached: 1551836896266.png (1000x566, 253K)

O&S > Owl > Dancer = MYSTERY NIGGAS

>bait Ornstein into lunges while using the pillars as cover so you can take him out first and face the comparatively easy Super Smough
>bait Dancer into the corners where she can't hit you
>simply rush down one of the three ganking snake faggots at a time, in order of most threatening
>not to mention that you can just summon help

Owl is the only one you actually HAVE to git gud at. Honorable mention to the Pontiff since he fucked me up so badly I had to resort to parrying for the first time, much as it shamed me

DS2 was vastly more popular than Sekiro is so far, though. DS2 was everywhere for a good few years, Sekiro barely shows up and if it does it's mostly about the whining on media.
Seeing as DS2 had three DLCs and two re-releases, I am gonna have to chalk you up to a hivemind contrarian.

imagine her doing the reverse cowgirl... lol

>>favorite
Dancer of the Lewd Valley
>>best mid game skill check
O&S. You git gud or you quit the game here, there's no other options.

HERE I STAND AMONG THE WARM AND SOOTHING RAIN

MISTERY NIGGAS

Attached: D2oX.jpg (1280x717, 171K)

>Dancer=Shadows of Yharnam
Excuse me what the fuck Shadows of Yharnam are bottom of the barrel skill checks
Reread my post and shut the fuck up

Attached: 1546757479955.png (500x467, 299K)

Dancer is cool but too easy

Hey how much do you guys think Dancer weighs haha asking for a friends science project

>>>by Miyazaki

>Dancer is cool but too easy
only because theres a way to cheese her early on

Attached: 1543913672087.gif (393x413, 1.81M)

Dancer is more fun but gets knocked down a bit because I found her really easy, if she had a second form or something then she would above them for sure.

Dancer isn't a skill check. She's an ability assessment.

>owl 1
>midgame

and DMC2 sold better than DMC3. DS2's attention was entirely built on goodwill and popularity from DeS and DS1. It's nowhere near as good as the other soulsbornekiro (fuckin hell) games.

Attached: file.png (1070x960, 597K)

>when you put your mid game skill check boss 30 minutes into the game

Attached: FE55CF94-0557-4427-A3A8-A20EFE44BE31.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

It's funny that you mentioned that. I absolutely wiped the floor with her the very first encounter but the second took me a couple hours to get past her.
Well she /does/ have a second phase... If you take her out really fast she's pretty easy but if you're a person that plays slow and safe then it gets harder the longer it goes
Yeah fuck this guy I think this is where I dropped the game actually. The fucking Gaiden games don't fuck around.
Nonsense, you can't have ability assessments in an RPG with 50+ weapons.

Attached: Imagine.png (600x600, 289K)

imagine the weight

it would be extremely painful

For you

>try to pick up NGB yet again after beating Sekiro
>get my shit pushed in, the dragon sword is a rolled up newspaper that anything can block
>look up H2P vid expecting some elaborate style I've been missing
>most of the game is wall attack and Flying Swallow
Well damn, I was hoping to continue my superninja streak. Do I just cheese my way through or drop it now?

Do people really struggle with Shadows? I one shot them every time and I'm shit. I spent 2 hours on Rom

O&S is the best though

If I got examples for demons or dark souls II might change my mind though

Ds2 is probably ruin sentinels, which had me stuck for longer than all of OPs pic, but I wouldnt say its the best skill check either.

I am in no way trying to gloat (needed around 60 to 80 tries to beat Ludwig and Orphan each), but I took out Mystery Niggas first try. Like, what exactly is a problem with them? They act more like 3 regular enemies than a full grown boss.

>Mystery Niggas
>Skill check
Probably the easiest boss in the game.

That said Owl is my favorite.

owl is the best boss between o&s, pontiff, shadows of yharnam, and himself. however, pontiff is honestly a close second. he's rather fun. but owl is more fun.

>owl
>jump to his left when he uses loyd's and smack with mortal blade.
>repeat until dead
the further you get in sekiro the more everything could be cheesed

Guardian Ape>Ornstein and Smough>Pontiff Sulyvhan>Rom The Vacuous Spider

Cheesing is a choice, and a stupid one at that. Whats the point of buying a game if you're just gonna use exploits to beat any challenge, and even BRAG about it at that.

>Orphan of Kos
>Wait for him to do any parryable attack in first phase
>Wait for a backstab opportunity in second phase
>repeat until dead

its the games fault for giving you broken abilities the further you got

>Avatar is the most successful movie of all time so it must be the best movie of all time
Crawl back in your mom's snatch so you can finish developing a brain retard

They really aren't broken though. I'm pretty sure mortal blade techniques require emblems and you can't just spam them the whole fight.

How are shadows a skill check? They die so quickly if you just upgrade your weapon.

Dancer>Shadows>O&S. Havent played Sekiro so cant comment

>spend 2 hours on joke boss.

Attached: D6D60C80-086C-4C42-A65C-860F5487D099.jpg (182x203, 24K)

They are the closest boss to mid game that qualify unless you consider fucking Rom or the one Reborn a skill check

pontiff

what about those three hunter niggers

The Super Londo Brothers. Even with replacing the Dancer with Pontiff, Ornstein and Smough felt like the game saying "You thought the game was getting easy just because you beat Iron Golem without any troubles? Haha, fuck you"

vicar amelia

*obliterates 3 niggas

Attached: 6EF42A7D-0BCF-4CF9-8804-AFC308F43701.jpg (850x1350, 82K)

Literally not bosses
>mid-game

you can do like 5 areas + chalice dungeons before you get to amelia, that's pretty midgame. the mystery niggas are only an area away from her.

Side paths need not apply.

Don't listen to those guides spamming flying swallow actually prompts the enemies to punish you for it. You can still do it but it's not the most efficient way to play since combos are your best bet.

i m a g i n e

Attached: 1461836006461.png (1080x1700, 1.6M)

Haha, I don't know. Something like 350 kilograms, is my estimation.

Attached: DS3 hitboxes.webm (720x540, 2.51M)

Owl is my personal favorite, but probably the easiest of the 4

in my time it was called plebfilter

>not having the dancer as your second boss
>not fisting her to death with the power of darkness
shiggy no diggy my niggy

Owl

Best boss

Attached: bouncy dancer short.webm (1305x720, 2.89M)

Guardian ape was the mid git gud boss of sekiro, if you didnt beaten first owl in a modest number of tries you havent been paying attention to the game youre playing