This game is a 4/10 at best

This game is a 4/10 at best

Attached: 5c04d2e55bafe3d6cf743da2.jpg (323x433, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Dxb8d0F7xlU
youtube.com/watch?v=nxaVWYAcrfk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

And the best Metal Gear game

true that

Your mom is 4/10 at best.

BUT THE MEMES JACK

No, it's a strong 7/10. Just cause Yea Forums thinks it's a masterpiece doesn't mean it is. and just cause you don't agree with Yea Forums doesn't mean it's a bad game.

Attached: 1530531707742.gif (320x214, 2.66M)

Wrong.

It's a 4/5

this thread is 1/10 at best

read this in adam sessler's voice

ITS NOT A REAL JOKIIIIMAAA GAAAAAMEEEEEE.

Rising 2 anouncement at sony's PSX this year as PS5 flagman title

Attached: 2.jpg (299x168, 4K)

Really got me into hack and slash games as a guy who prefers the stealth genre.

It’s a 9/11 at best

This is more egregious than the cheating, desu.
What a fucking shitter.

4/10 game
10/10 message

Attached: 15541320760.png (800x585, 512K)

>4/10
>a perfectly competent game regardless of your personal feelings
I think your rating metric is a little fucked, I'd rate it 4/10 at best

It's a 7/10 at worst, 9/10 easily due to the OST, matching gameplay, memorable characters and overall kino.

i unironically want senator armstrong to be president

MGR is dogshit as a Metal Gear game. I like it overall, but it would've been better off if it wasn't connected to Metal Gear.

You are batshit insane.

Seething

It's okay OP, Yea Forums doesn't get subtlety

Attached: Catherine Xbox 360 Cover.jpg (1527x2147, 1.65M)

And it's an 11/10 at worst.

It's aight.

Attached: AGTL.jpg (2633x1542, 280K)

Funny, that's exactly what I thought of your sex game.

>God Hand below DMC5
Fuck you, nigga. Swap those and we cool.

It's like, a 8/10 at the very bare minimum, a 9/10 easily

Imagine cheating on your pregnant wife

way better story, soundtrack, gameplay and political views/conflicts than any other cuckjima game

Unironically based.

Imagine lying about a pregnancy

A world like ours can do that to a man.

That's not a high bar to surpass.

Attached: Stealth game level design.jpg (650x519, 55K)

Konami will cashgrab a Metal Gear survival game with crafting and microtransactions and it will flop, but they won't cashgrab MGR2 and have it do well.

what retard put automata in this list?

Rgis, and KH2 is high tier, below Bayonetta.

>God Hand that low
Shit taste

>ascended elder tier
>2008 reskin with two shit characters and zero innovation
>Kamiya's style over substance trash over NG2
Yeah, no.

>NG2 that low
>DMC5 better than all those games
get a grip

Based

Attached: 15541333122.jpg (1024x536, 93K)

God Hand is my personal favorite, but it has a lot of issues that hold it back from the true GOAT. DMC5 is literal perfection incarnate.

Most of MGR is a retread of previous Metal Gear games thematically, but handled with significantly less nuance.

nah. I'd rather have fun doing curazy hack n slash on hardest difficulties then sit through your average metal gear game of 5 minutes of stealth walking and 30 minutes of cutscene wank every other mission. If anything its the underages that would enjoy MGS and adults that would enjoy rising. Just dont have time for all the kojima wank games these days.

Attached: you.jpg (431x420, 40K)

So like Phantom Pain then?

>DMC5 is literal perfection incarnate.
I'd agree if the level design didn't nosedive so hard. It's like the level designers just quit the project halfway through the game.

you faggots didn't even played it

Attached: danse.jpg (275x308, 48K)

I got that reference, OP.

What is your favourite song?
Mines gotta be Sundowner's or Sam's. All of them are GREAT though.

Attached: e32770b868bc0c4abb57adad1e855676.jpg (1280x720, 133K)

Yes, only TPP is a dogshit metal gear game and a mediocre early access game at best

Cliche answer, but this is arguably the best vidya track of all time.
youtube.com/watch?v=Dxb8d0F7xlU

I agree, it's so difficult to connect with the protag since he is a man who is loyal to his wife.

Why do brainlets say this?
Did you ever get past the visuals?
Most of the demon tree mission have more paths and secrets than the earlier ones.
Some even have several routes you can take to complete them

Sundowner's, Blade Wolf's, and Excelsus are my personal faves.

I find TPP a lot more interesting, but the fact it was a prequel in a series that had already been stuffed to the brim with needless elaboration crippled the story.

>DMC5 is literal perfection incarnate.
>easy as fuck until Dante Must Die
>no reversals without mods
>Nero is Donte with retarded arms and still sucks in comparison to Dante
>V is underdeveloped as fuck
>Dante is the same shit from 4
>good rooster, shit bosses
>worst levels in the whole series after 2, DmC had miles better levels
>shit story with good scenes here and there
Completed it three times. Biggest disappointment of 2019 for me.

>MGR is dogshi-

Attached: MGR - Sam Gameplay.webm (600x338, 3M)

>Biggest disappointment of 2019

Attached: KH3_KeyArt_Reveal_1200x12002.jpg (1195x630, 223K)

>Hello my baby, hello my honey

Barry please

WASH AWAY THE ANGER

Solid 6,5-7/10. Graphic sucks, level desing is usualy none, story is lame but gameplay is good enough.

>HELLO MY BABY HELLO MY HONEY HELLO MY RAGTIME GAAAAAAAAL

>complaining about reversals
>asking for retarded puzzles
>shit bosses
(you)

Attached: 1512428879144.png (613x594, 536K)

I'm talking about room structure and variation, not the visuals. The game completely disintegrates into a hallway-arena-hallway pattern once the tree takes center stage. Optional paths don't really matter because they adopt the exact same flat, dull pattern.

Orb fragments and secret missions are easily handled better in DMC5 than any previous DMC game, though.

Holyshitwhattheactualfuck

Yup, Dlc's are not going to save it.

Sam is such a dork

True. Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain would be better without Ocelot, Kaz and chapter 2.

You have ten (10) seconds to name a more memorable final boss.

Attached: Armstrong-profile-shot-0.png (867x766, 563K)

Attached: YOU'RE BATSHIT INSANE.jpg (321x320, 13K)

This is why Sam was the best.

>complaining about reversals
Why not?
>asking for retarded puzzles
I'm not asking for puzzles, I'm asking for soild leveldesign and not monotonous corridors with two variations.
>shit bosses
The best boss is a fucking chicken.

DMC V is not a bad game, it's just ok, more like DMC 4.5.

It's DMC4 but good. It's basically what everyone was asking for.

As a Metal Gear game, sure, it's bottom of the barrel since it has no stealth. But as an independent game, it kicks ass
One thing I'm wondering, though, how different is the Japanese script from the international one? I started playing the Japanese PS3 version and I made it to the end of R-00, turned the system off and went for a snack, and when I came back it fucking YLOD'd on me. The only difference so far that I noticed on the dialogue was "TIA (This is Africa!)"
Sam's theme and the first fight theme
Locked and Loaded, too

>since it has no stealth
Looks like someone didn't play the game.

Ah, right, allow me to rephrase that: stealth isn't necessary at all and the rewards are little to none

It's hardly an achivement in 2019.

Dante's gameplay is literally the samee stuff from 11 years ago. Nero sucks hard in comparison with one sword, one gun and stupid replaceable arms mechanic. V is interesting in theory, but with only three familiars, on of which is dt, is pretty underwhelming.

And some leveels in 4 were better than crap in V.

Seriously, fans deserved so much better than this.

is this battletoads?

>stealth isn't necessary at all
Except the same could be said for most MGS titles.

THE HOT WIND BLOWING

10/10 game for me. Started on hard right away and it was so much fun even though I was garbage at parrying until A.I. monsoon.

MGR's stealth is desultory at best and doesn't leave much of a footprint in the game. It's so half-hearted that I wasn't sure if Platinum included it to sincerely give a nod to Metal Gear or if it was a tongue-in-cheek acknowledgment of MGR's different focus.
"Necessary" is a tricky benchmark. It's not really "necessary" in Chaos Theory either.

>OP tries to sneak in a ProJared thread
>doesn't work

Good. People would just talk about his penis size anyway

You could argue against the MGS games being stealth games at all, since they constantly force you into action sequences that can't be completed via stealth means.

Attached: considerUki.png (1714x1080, 943K)

>tfw peacewalker just let you let it rip and shoot up everything

Attached: 1537018931170.jpg (250x250, 6K)

Yeah, and the other MGS games will punish you for not being stealthy
Meanwhile, in MGR you can just shred the competition to pieces, not giving a shit about sneaking by
MGS4:
>Be spotted by Gecko
>Your ass gets mauled unless you have the rail gun
MGR:R:
>Be spotted by Gecko
>Wait for it to ram you, parry the attack and punish his ass afterwards

DMC5 is the best game I've played in years but NGB easily is a better package and DMC3SE is debatably better because of some ways its much better.

DMC5 revived how i felt about games and is fun as fuck but there is plenty to drag it down. From insulting non level design of the blood pimples you have to walk 2 feet around a corner to spam to the brown/grey everywhere that is lame as shit. The gameplay is fantastic but i also think NGB/2 have there own brand of fantastic gameplay and games like Bayo 1/2/DMC3SE etc aren't too far below its gameplay for me to ignore these. Great game though and tier lists are cancer. If a game is shit it should just be labeled as shit no need to see a tower of good above shit.

>will punish you for not being stealthy
Literally unironically git gud. Geckos barely ever factored into the actual gameplay.
>b-buh rail gun
What, you're not allowed to use your arsenal now? Gimme a break.

>Shit bosses
>Artemis/Vergil/Final Urizen/Cerberus/Black Knight/Goliath
>Bad
Okay. I sorta thought upped life versions of the Nelo fight/Nobodies were gay as shit but DMC5 has very good boss quality. Even stuff like the chicken on DMD are fun.

>The best boss is a chicken
>Not Dante Vergil or Black Cav
You're such a joke it hurts. The chicken isn't even a boss below DMD.

Chicken is the only proper hard boss in the entire game. Everything else is cakewalk.

Vergil is garbage in comparison to 3.

>why not?
it was devs decision to remove it, if you still want it there are mods for it like you said, literally nobody affected by it, nobody cares.
game not perfect still and there are stuff that id prefer to be adressed at somepoint but i wont give you more shitpost points
tree levels drags and samey agree
chicken is one of the most trivial ones
>Dante's gameplay is literally the samee stuff from 11 years ago
>what is quadruple S
>KC 3 being 3 weps in 1
>what is cavaliere's gear mechanic
retard now i know you didn't even s ranked dmd if even finished
>one gun and stupid replaceable arms mechanic.
bet you dont even know about second exceed, no point talking about breakers

5 is what 4 was always meant to be, its great at what it does and its fucking miracle that its even happened in our lifetime
cope

I guess, but even MGS1 and MGS4 emphasize stealth a lot more than MGR does. It's a stupid argument.

>Dante Vergil
>hard
>spam rg
Yeah, sure.

Chicken's easier than most bosses in the game though. You just need a strong ranged attack to stagger her when she's going berserk and then she stays staggered for ages and you can decimate her in that time.

W101 doesn't belong above mid tier

HEAR ME HOWL
TIME TO LEAVE THEM ALL BEHIND
I'M MY OWN MASTER NOW

The fact that there isn't a BW vs Armstrong battle despite them being right there with a perfectly good reason to fight is the biggest letdown in gaming history.

Attached: bw.jpg (480x360, 13K)

>Proper hard boss
What does this even mean? Vergil is the only boss on normal that is even possible to lose to and the chicken didn't even touch me until DMD where it actually gets a decent pattern.

>Vergil is garbage compared to 3.
Not really. On normal hes worse but on difficulties above it I prefer a methodical fight that makes sense and has proper skill tests to DMD Vergil that randomly goes back into DT , requires specific cancels to out damage his retarded life regen rate and just is more random as a whole. Is a great fight even with this but Vergil feels like a NG boss fight in 5 and its a lot better.

Also Black Cav on DMD is far better then the chicken you only played the game once on normal stop lying the chicken shit is proof of that.

>the biggest letdown in gaming history.
You called?

Attached: ds2-1418310781.jpg (1920x1080, 1.7M)

SurFive didn't flop though, it pulled Peace Walker numbers.

let's be real it's a 3/10 and the bayonetta games are 2/10. Kamyia is a hack, his team had to fight him on DMC1 because the retard refused to let their be jump button in the game and he had nothing to do with the success of 3

>RG timing
>Something you have to practice to even do consistency
>Chicken boss
>Literally just move slightly out of the way and get giant combo repeatedly until it falls over for more giant combo
>Charge shot can knock it over without even getting close.
>Takes little to no practice to do any of this.

Nice

What's a 1/10?

What's your implication? That to git gud at Metal Gear you have to be spotted all the time and go full retard on your enemies?
>You're not allowed to use your arsenal now?
Sure, there are more effective methods to take them out, but I swear to fucking Jesus they only work when they want to. I emptied 800 bullets at point blank on a Gecko and didn't even deplete half of its fucking health meter
But hey, who knows, maybe I was being retarded, after all

Friend saying it is the best KH and i am an old fag because i think KH1 is way better.

Viewtiful Joe

>What's your implication?
The game hardly punishes you. You're just shit at playing it. Literally git gud.

>But hey, who knows, maybe I was being retarded, after all
Being self-aware is the first sign of progress after all.

>calling Kamiya's games style over substance

I can virtually guarantee you're not good at Bayonetta.

DMC5 is good, calling it perfection is pure blind fanboyism of the highest order and you know that.

Attached: 1533143390982.jpg (780x653, 83K)

>109 replies and 21 images
Well done OP, you faggot.

Bayonetta is a button masher

>The game hardly punishes you
Okay, then. Try to beat MGS3 on European Extreme with no continues and 10 alerts.

This post is correct

DMC5 is even easy on Dante Must Die, all that difficulty does is let enemies Devil Trigger and they're still incredibly easy to curb stomp. Prot Angelos are the only enemies that good legitimately dangerous in Devil Trigger. DMC has run into this issue where they give the players more options but the enemies never evolve past punching bags.

Pretty Based Post

>Need to play on the hardest difficulty to be punished

Mistral's or Monsoon's desu

This is clearly very good bait. Good job user.

DMC5's bosses are overall weak. Cavalier Angelo is a great boss until you realize how mindlessly easy it is to clash stun him, Arterm is a cool throw back but a very weak boss fight., King Cerberus is cool, Goliath is alright but I certainly think he's a weaker initial boss than Cerberus or Phantom.

Vergil literally just feels like a retread of Vergil 1 in DMC3 but with an added doppleganger. He does not feel as frantic as Vergil 3 and his stupid ass anime jet shit is a complete waste of time.

>101 that low
>Automata even on that list at all
Bruh

I could hardly even remember A other final boss. Armstrong is just straight 11/10.

You aren't good enough at TW101 to make any sort of assertion like that.

I get chills just reading the lyrics. Which infant do I have to sacrifice to get an MGRR2? I can do the new royal one if need be.

So is Devil May Cry. See I can be a fucking retard too.

Which means it's a better MG game than at least half of Cuckjima's MG games.

Where should Sekiro be placed?

>This game is a best
youtube.com/watch?v=nxaVWYAcrfk

Attached: Sob Bap.png (423x540, 360K)

Sekiro isn't comparable to any of those games. It's an action adventure game.

Attached: Genichiro Fight.webm (1280x720, 2.97M)

>It's an action adventure game
So are all the games on that list.

Except it's not, Bayonetta is set up to be a buttton masher for retards like you. Button mashing doesn't do shit in DMC, in Bayonetta you just fly around doing aoe attacks untouchable.

What were they thinking
What was I thinking doing it
What are you thinking about it

Attached: 20190509190740_1.jpg (1600x900, 361K)

Git gud.

Attached: Bayonetta.webm (640x480, 2.74M)

MGR's story is MGS4-tier at best, and the game design is apples to oranges.

But Automata is fine?

Fpbp. Most of Metal Gear is just movie shit but MGR is a an actual game.

MGR's story is fantastic, though, because it never takes itself seriously. Meanwhile, MGS4 retroactively undermines several moments from the past games.

Metal Gear Rising is the only action game out there where everything about is 10/10 except the combat.

Button mashing doesn't do shit in Bayonetta either, in case you didn't realize Bayonetta's combo system hinges on finishing Wicked Weave strings. If you sit there in Bayonetta mashing punch all day that's not the game's problem, that's your problem for being a retard. Record yourself button mashing on even Hard mode so we can put your retarded assertions to the test. I wont' even get into the Offset system. Also are you fucking stupid? Button mashing on Devil Hunter in the last two DMC games works wonders, DMC4 and DMC5 are pathetically easy compared to Bayonetta and the earlier DMC titles. They are legitimately designed for new comers of the series in mind so the games are easy. Even their DMD modes are easy. DMC4/5 on DMD cannot hold a candle to Bayonetta 1 on NSIC difficulty.

Attached: 1556140036438.jpg (1092x1161, 187K)

STANDING HERE

Sekiro is more challenging than DMC5

lol ok

I've watched the gameplay, that's enough for me to know that DmC5 is shit.

God, I wish that was me.

Imagine the twist of your relationship focused game be "lol she's a succubus and the bartender is a demon that kills men that don't procreate"

>because it never takes itself seriously.
Neither do Adam Sandler movies. Obviously MGR's story is less offensive since it's a spin-off that only needs to thinly justify why you're cutting up a bunch of cyborg goons whereas MGS4 self-immolates whatever Metal Gear's story had going for it, but winking as you make a statement doesn't make that statement witty. MGR has a lot of winks. It is not clever, though.

I REALIZE

correct.

Attached: Cool nigga.jpg (480x360, 17K)

i'm playing this game currently, i really hate the camera and the robot wolf with aspergers. the music is really awesome though

Attached: 1553254299249.jpg (480x318, 16K)

>It is not clever, though.
It predicted Trump three years before his presidency. Name one (1) other game with this kind of insight.

Attached: MAGA.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

no, it's not.

Attached: Devil May Cry 5 Boss Fight.webm (900x506, 2.89M)

I dont want to (you) all people that didn t get it.
OP just wanted to post about Jared again
>who is Jared
e celeb shit
>why everyone is talking about him
people have found out he cheated his wife
>what MGR has to do with jared
he reviewed the game once and gave it 4/10
Have a nice day

>Need to play on the easiest difficulty to avoid being punished

based Chad daddy poster

Attached: Chadjesus.jpg (500x620, 71K)

>Infinite devil trigger
You chose to make this boring for yourself, shitter

lol are you that shitposter that posts the same thing in every thread?
if you play both games without trying to cheese sekiro is much easier.

Imagine being gay like user here

THAT YOU ARE JUST LIKE ME

TRYING TO MAKE HISTORY

i played both and sekiro is much easier then dmc
not that difficulty even mean anything or you making any reasonable point and not just shitposting but i find sekiro the easiest game out of all souls games

You know he's irrelevant when nobody got the reference and instead the thread devolved into actually discussing the game

Sekiro isn't a Souls game.

down to it's core it plays a lot like one. instead of timing dodges you're timing deflects.

BUT WHO'S TO JUDGE

you're right, it's a souls clone

Strong 6, but I'm not super into that kind of game in general

>No RPG elements
>Entire game is balanced around one weapon
>Grappling hook
>Extremely vertical level design
>Stealth
>Prosthetic tools
>No stamina bar
Next you'll say, "I was only pretending to be retarded."

Attached: smilingWolf.png (631x710, 1003K)

Based

the combat pretty much boils down to the same thing,
"balanced" is pretty funny because enemies either die in a few hits or battles just devolve into doing a bit of chip damamge, and then avoiding/deflecting the same 3 moves while getting a bit of posture for 5 min. still easy but tedious and pretty boring.
the grappling hook is almost always useless in combat unless you're bad and just want to completely run from a fight, from's level design with it is horrible
most of the prosthetic tools are useless aside from 3 in the majority of fights and even the situational one only give you about 3 hits worth of damage/time.
stamina bar is basically replaced with posture as far as combat goes, and for movement it just makes things a lot easier because you can run/roll at any time.
the game is still designed like dark souls, if I went in completely blind and wasn't even allowed to see the developers name I would very early have a hunch who made the game.

>most of the prosthetic tools are useless aside from 3 in the majority of fights
Git gud.

Attached: Isshin NG+.webm (1152x648, 2.96M)

It was pretty great

If you were good you'd have just dodged it instead of spending 2 emblems on literally nothing

>games not hard
>lol git gud and use prosthetics that use limited resources in a fight for little pay off
they are though. I really don't understand why people want to be so disingenuous with sekiro's gameplay. it's not a bad game, but it has some major flaws.

>Kuro's charm on
>No bell
>Already down to 4 gourds
>Uses Nightjar over a sweep for no reason
>Needs Mistraven to get past Dragonflash
>"Git gud."
You first.

eat shit fag

>Uses Nightjar over a sweep for no reason
Nightjar can be used quite well a dodge, so he didn't do anything wrong.

I was just about to say this lol

You can tell a dmcfag made this

> MGR was 6 years ago
How many of you were around when the shitstorm that was DmC and MGR release collided?

>reinstall MGR after beating sekiro
>get bored in an hour because I forgot how MGR is even more "parry: the game" than sekiro is
well back to DMC5

You know what else can be used quite well as a dodge user? The fucking jump button. Which then allows you to land more posture damage with either a stomp or Ichimonji in the air or both. There's no reason to Nightjar.
But now that I look at the webm again it's not even Nightjar, it's a forward jump into Highmonk and just looks a bit odd in that quality. Since that's the correct option and roughly 5x as good as pressing Nightjar we can remove that problem from the list.

>W101 that high
>NG2 that low
I will find
And I will kill your pet rock

In the trash

Swap DMC3 and 5. Move NieR: Automata up at least 2 tiers. Put in DMC1.

>Move NieR: Automata up at least 2 tiers.
nigga that game doesnt even belong on the list

Based.

This nigga knows his shit
/thread

Attached: 1556265397474.jpg (1024x726, 227K)

Filtered by Chained Ogre.

>NG2 that low
man, things sure do change. I remember for years after NG2 came out that if you said one good thing about it the thread would be mobbed with people shitting on you.

Parrying is a boring mechanic in any action game.

Attached: 1532571485074.jpg (466x349, 55K)

it is when the window is so large you have to be drunk to miss them.

Did you ever consider gitting gud?

Attached: MGR - Sam gameplay 3.webm (600x338, 2.62M)

I liked that parrying in bloodborne could be done from a further distance if you were willing to adjust to the alternate timing due to bullet travel speeds.

One of my favorite PG games, it's fucking insane how this shit was made in little over a year. The fact that Platinum Games isn't giving the director more leeway is a fucking crime. They give Taura all the budget he wants when Nier Tomato was a fucking Yoko Taro game.

I legitimately don't understand why people fellate DMC3 endlessly. I think it's an incredible game but how the fuck do you call a game that legitimately gets worse the higher difficulty you climb the best game in the genre? DMD in DMC3 is a horrendously balanced mess and it pinpoints just how bad the enemies are.

>may 2019
>still no mod to play jetstream sam in main game
wtf bros why didnt mods fix it

Parrying in Bloodborne is also comically overpowered and is low risk, high reward. Not a good example of parrying done well.

This. Parrying is a spectacle over substance mechanic.

Could to tell me the story? I missed that somehow

Platinum was hired by Square Enix for Automata, they had absolutely no say in how much budget Taro got for the game. Taro isn't even a part of Platinum he works at Square Enix. Saito definitely deserves some recognition though. He directed MGR and Transformers: Devastation.

Wow he mashed forward+block and the game gave him a free instakill, so skillful.

Wrong picture user

Attached: H2x1_NSwitchDS_ResidentEvil4_image1600w.jpg (1600x800, 311K)

There's a point where ironic shitposting just is you being genuinely retarded and this is one of those times.

As a metal gear game it's pretty crap
>Stealth system for NO real reason
>everything is over the top
>entire plot is basically "DUDE MEMES"
>all of the drones are "metal gears" now

HOWEVER
>combat is way above normal hack and slash
>slicing system is awesome
>soundtrack goes well with boss fights
>Senator Fucking Armstrong
>some over the top shit is actually cool as hell like flipping over that metal gear spider thing and ripping off the metal gear ray arms
Easily 6/10 if not 7/10. The best one is still the MGS1

I can assure you that N:A did not have a high budget at all. That should be immediately obvious to anyone who played the game.

>Nier Automata in for whatever reason
>God of War 3 in but not other games in the franchise, which are all better than 3
>Ninja Gaiden 2 and Revengeance not in low tier
>DMC4 not in mid
>5 wanking when it's just about as good as Ninja Gaiden 1, DMC3 and God Hand

3/10 Apply yourself.

I'm sorry you have such dogshit taste, why do brainlets infest Yea Forums?

>Vergil literally just feels like a retread of Vergil 1 in DMC3 but with an added doppleganger.

...Did you play DMC4 Special Edition, user?

reminder that S ranking is part of DMC's difficulty, especially 5

anyone can chow down gold orbs and finish the game just like anyone can finish school with a bunch of Cs on their report cards

Attached: 1554126768754.png (1000x668, 119K)

>that qte garbage
i love Sam but this webm just reeks of worst parts with Platinum games

A Stranger I Remain is my personal favorite

>DMD in DMC3 is a horrendously balanced mess
it's great outside of fighting 3 enemies. the bow type statues, angel-winged pussies, and the lil octo-niggas.

>2019
>Still not knowing what a QTE is

Jesus Christ, user.

>DMC4 not in mid
Git gud.

Attached: Devil May Cry 4 - Nero combat.webm (640x360, 2.94M)

You have to admit that S ranks in 5 are far more lenient than previous titles.

i swear to fuck i hope so

Pretty shit opinion is you ask me, sounds like something someone who cheats on their wife would say.

Goddam do I love the Mikiri Counter. That shit is just orgasmic whenever I pull it off. The hat shield deflect is great too. It just looks so good.

I'm aware of that, it just feels that they now attribute Nier Automata's success to Co-Director Taura to Tomato's success when that game was obviously a game made by an outside director with an incredibly strong, specific vision for his games. Considering he's in charge of Astral Chain, he's being assigned the big projects while Saito was relegated to Transformers Devastation which, shocker, was by far the best budget of that period. Fuck, it's better than Bayonetta 2.

>2019
>People still say God Hand has QTEs
I honestly can't even tell if it's bait, or if people are just stupid.

>this is the most """stylish""" dmc4 nero can get
lol, what a joke character

>lenient
>missions 12, 10 and 18 without cheese

4 having FANTASTIC combat doesn't excuse it from literally everything else, user. It's genuinely a subpar game when you look at the whole instead of the better parts.

DMC fags are annoying faggots and so are capcom tards in general. NGB shits all over every DMC; escpeically DMCV which is just a reskin of a ps2 game because Capcom is creatively bankrupt.

Also, I'm a fag and I meant that NG2 and Revengeance should be in high tier

Got s rank without any cheese in m12 on dmd

yeah but mostly because they removed horseshit like time and orbs which absolutely no one enjoyed or deemed part of the skill in S ranking those games

getting back into 4 without breakers, harder to time exceeds and no air taunts will be such experience

"Parrying" is too vague to describe the countless different ways you could add it as a game mechanic. Sekiro's parries are good if slightly over-emphasised. Bloodborne parries are stupid.

Tired of getting washed in third strike faggot?

>As a metal gear game it's pretty crap

Good thing it's a spinoff and shouldn't be negatively judged for its different design ideas just on the basis of being different. If anything, it's the shit that it tried to translate directly from the main games that stick out more, like the stealth.

Agreed, but I still wish there were harsher penalties for taking damage.

>>entire plot is basically "DUDE MEMES"
Way to not get the meaning behind it.
Sears program (vr) is a thing that you stopped in the universe, it's a spiritual continuation of what Raiden went through as a child soldier. It's supposed to be a big thing plotwise.
There's a company in the heart of america that tears kids to pieces, and not even physically waltzing in there and killing half the staff and taking those brains back puts a dent into the company.
Armstrong accidentally calls for his own twisted version of outer haven, but not only for soldiers. Also there's Patriots mentions throughout.
MGR:R also calls back on the entire "existence of endless battle" thing for Raiden

I find it always so ironic that the dumbest sheep keep falling for the memes designed for them. Even in a series that tries to explain to average joe what a meme is, and that despite the pressure you as an individual can make your own choices.
Go ahead and repeat Monsoon's quotes at me in allcaps now, because that's the only thing that you understand as a meme.

Attached: 1423264715824.jpg (700x546, 205K)

Didn't read. I don't care about stories in video games

Then don't try to speak on things you're ignorant about you fucking retard.

>I don't care about stories in video games
Absolute brainlet take. DMC3's story is kino.

why do NGfags always have to stir shit up; is it falseflaggers? every action fan loves at least NGB, but you don't have to screech that every other action game is worse despite not having a decent game in the series in nearly 15 years.

lol can't stop me

Jesus what a childish fucking response, fuck off.

lolno

You don't fight Vergil in DMC4:SE. DMC5 Vergil feels like a limp end note compared to Vergil 3. The fact that he relies so much on Judgement Cut makes feel very one note and boring.

Getting S Ranks in 4 or 5 is not hard at all. Getting S Ranks in 1 and 3 were harder. DMC5 doesn't even take into consideration your damage taken, all getting hit does is make you lose a possible 2.0x multiplier that's not balanced around normal play.

What kept me from truly enjoying Devastation as much as the Bayonetta games was the loot system, I fucking hated it. Outside of that Devastation is incredibly good.

Having to cheese doesn't say anything for DMC5's difficulty, it just points out how fucking stupid the rebalanced points system is. Notice how those are all Dante's missions?

Dante is the hardest character to it makes sense doesnt it

I wouldn't say 4 has fantastic combat, it has fantastic juggling mechanics. The term "combat" tends to imply a back and forth between the player and enemies. This is where I think DMC fails in its later games, while I find the juggling mechanics fun to play around with I don't find the combat itself all that engaging in the sense that I don't feel like I'm in danger most of the time. Most action games tend to balance around Defense and Offense where DMC feels heavily skewed for offense. 99% of your "defense" in DMC can be regulated to hitting the Jump button.

No, it doesn't. If you're implying the developers intended you to sit there and farm SS/SSS with Royal Guard just to get S Ranks then I think you're pretty dumb. You could also potentially just Trickster dodge through everything, get the No Damage multiplier and S Rank without even worrying about combos.

Is Armstrong an accelerationist?

So like, what's going on here? Are the things he's attacking humans? And what's with the spinal cords?

It looks kinda brutal, desu? Slicing up literal humans so you can crush their spines in your hand?

no shit user
danger of being killed is never something you feel while playing DMC games, sometimes you feel danger of loosing style rank or being oneshotted on HaH and thats basically it.
in ideal cituation you dont even consider enemy possesing any threat to you, because in ideal DMC gameplay cituation you either dont give them any opportunity to attack or perfectly dodge any incoming attack or even intentionally miss the telegraphed hit only to perfectly parry/block it at last moment for style.
Just because other action games never push you to overcome your enemies so hard that you start playing with them as toys
doesn't mean DMC combat isn't "combat" in regular sense.
You can still do back in forth with all enemies, and particularly with bosses

Play the game.

i S ranked mission 10 both on SoS and DMD and its even harder to do on SoS because of less health and i did it without rg cheese or no hit hat run
in its fairness i spend like whole fucking day on that thing
its hard mission to S rank because of poor enemy roster on that level