How do I get rid of this? I can't play any dark games or watch movies and I don't have the money to buy a new monitor

How do I get rid of this? I can't play any dark games or watch movies and I don't have the money to buy a new monitor.

Attached: backlight_bleed_1.png (499x351, 155K)

thats just how it is on this bitch of an earth

here's my shitty pg279q

Attached: IMG_7926.jpg (4000x3000, 1.13M)

Should've get a VA qled instead of falling for IPS meme.

I have the three corners IPS glare thing but what's really distracting is the bleed from the worst corner. Even when there's no glow there's a green light that ruins a lot of scenes.

You can't get rid of it, buy VA monitor if you want to play dark games, watch movies and anime.

Attached: 1557059879417.jpg (1599x564, 63K)

VA is bad for 4k, you get a VA glow looking at any part of the screen that's not dead-centre. Ironically curved monitors are the only partial solution but it looks stupid and there aren't many curved 4k options yet.

i just wish monitors would stop sucking already. i just want nice things.

Attached: 1533206769535.png (217x320, 103K)

VA still has glow, and can still use coating that will let in more light than the screen produces at dim settings.
Its just that its a lot better to read manga on a 3000:1 contrast monitor than 1000:1 or even lower(pre 2010 LCD)

Did you just buy it? Tell the store it's defective and exchange it for a new one.

why do you get so many retards inn these threads shilling which monitor is best for anniemays

this is vidya board

Because you're on Yea Forums retard

Because manga is Black and White content, where you get to see EXACTLY how bad it is.
Meanwhile Video Games has a extreme amount of dark scenes, where its also visible.

I only browse Yea Forums and watch anime. I don't play video games.

Attached: 1493842463907.png (1080x1080, 549K)

Because it has very vibrant colors and it is a good medium to measure screen quality

My oled TV has made computer monitors hard to stomach. Micro led needs to happen already so we can finally escape the last decade and a half of shit monitor tech. I miss my CRT

>watching movies on your monitor
super uncomfy, holy fuck

Just buy a 4k OLED tv already

Sure, can I have $3,000?

Why buy 2 monitors when you can have just one and use it for everything?

You can get a 65" LG C8 for half that

poorfags gonna poor

Tfw i have no glow on my ips monitor, stop buying cheap shit and just refund and return it if you have glow

>thinking about returning my backlight addled PG279Q for a VA monitor instead
>no one makes a VA monitor with the same specs, its all 30"+ shit
>this could all be solved with a ATW-polarizer

im going to shoot up au-optronics i swear to fuck.

Attached: 1540314076348.png (540x539, 555K)

IPS and VA are both shit. Just buy anything and wait until they come out with good panel technology.

i have the pg348q. don't have any pics of the bleed but it's only in the top left and happens to be the least amount of light bleed i've seen on any monitor so i'll take it.

Attached: IMG_20170211_134736.jpg (3200x2400, 1.78M)

My 34" IPS €1200 Acer has glow

>165hz
why

Find an old trinitron
no backlit screen, regardless of how good it is, regardless of what kinds of tricks they use, will ever provide true black. Its impossible.
CRTs were a superior display technology.

Every IPS has glow.

144hz would be fine too.

You can go get a fucking job and buy it yourself you broke ass nigger. HOW is 3k that much to you?

Try playing flashy videos that could give seizure. It sometimes snaps it back to normal. Be careful you don't get a seizure, just don't stare at the video.

You gotta put it in the dishwasher, make sure you use the spot free detergent.

Use a sharpie

That's to fix stuck pixels.

I had it happen after a move. Try to bend the frame of the monitor a bit and see if it helps. Obviously dont fucking chimp out but it usually fixes it for me.
I think its because a crease or something is causing pressure on it.

OLED shits on every other panel. The image quality is unrivaled. Once you see it, you no longer give a fuck about what the image actually looks like on your TN or IPS and just appreciate the high refresh rates and low input lag.

Can also fix dead pixels

I still don't understand why people complain about this glow shit. I mention this every time I see one of these threads - I can darken my room and make my screen black and my monitor looks absolutely fine, but when I take a picture of it with my phone it looks like it has glow in the corners. Why should I care about it if I can't even see it with my eyeballs?

>implying you can actually tell difference between 4k and 1080p on a monitor (so less than 40") unless you shove your head in it

t. retard

Because we can see it, retard