PS5's ultra high SSD

gamingbolt.com/ps5s-ultra-high-speed-ssd-will-make-loading-screens-a-thing-of-the-past-sony

Where were you when Sony destroyed loadings screens forever?

Attached: yUtx9uLRqe9V9HidEeKiDV-1200-80.jpg (1200x675, 98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Xg-o1wtE-ww
youtu.be/ecCA0gx_eZk
youtube.com/watch?v=DH6FCgqQB_s
youtube.com/watch?v=JxUPJdcChzE
youtube.com/watch?v=t_Z2iR6TW-o
youtu.be/ZcrotHUVFN0
pcpartpicker.com/list/k4K4cY
youtube.com/watch?v=HDq56GF-i_A
pcpartpicker.com/list/hP9pCb
ebay.com/itm/Intel-CPU-Core-i5-750-2-66GHZ-8M-LGA-1156/172833263854?hash=item283daa50ee:g:2SwAAOSw3ydV63sp
ebay.com/itm/GIGABYTE-GeForce-GTX-1060-DirectX-12-Rev2-6GB-192-bit-GDDR5-PCI-E-Graphics-Card/312600457787?epid=505638919&hash=item48c870723b:g:cv4AAOSwdGtc0i50
youtu.be/5yJUNyOS95o
forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/09/20/sony-to-take-a-loss-on-playstation-4-sales/#163c80696f1d
youtu.be/5eMl4j_lkTg
youtube.com/watch?v=n9rhtSwAVfI
youtube.com/watch?v=alhEgNvzv50
youtube.com/watch?v=42V_1HX805A
youtube.com/watch?v=4YyCN1iOAHU
youtube.com/watch?v=wrkRliHHjFk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

We've had this technology for a while user

Attached: snes-cart.png (1600x1066, 1.2M)

Tell that to the frostbite engine

>sony finally starts using 20 years old tech
>HOLY SHIT SONY SAVED THE WORLD!
ok

What kind of ps5 concept is that?
They just rounded the edges of an xbone

I'm just going to buy a Switch instead.

>Sony fanboys think SSD's are a new revolutionary thing
>The UNIRONICALLY believe that there will be no more loading times

This is just sad.

but does xbone have LIGHTNING?

>SSDs
>with 60GB patches
Fuck the pain away

Loading times are next to non-existant on SSD. And that is without PCIE 4.0.

ssd itself are olde tech, indeed
but you're missing the part where they're developing a new kind of SSD(apparently faster than the best M.2 ones) just for that goddamn console

WOW SONY ARE THE BEST, I'M PREORDERING THE PS5 DAY ONE TO ENJOY THE BEST EXCLUSIVES WITH THE BEST GRAPHICS ALL AT 8K/144FPS WITH ZERO LOADING SCREENS AS WELL AS BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY WITH PS4

THANK YOU BASED SONY

nothing new here, consolebabys are and always have been retarded

Yea if I throw it in the tub with me

It just regular NMVe SSD using PCIe 4.0 in 4x mode, gaming journalist are morons.

>"ultra high speed ssd"
what does that even mean? is it an nvme ssd or a regular shitty sata ssd which is capped at like 550mb r/w?
i got an nvme ssd about 3 years ago and it does absolutely not 'make loading screens a thing of the past'

Attached: samsung sm951 m.2 nvme ssd.jpg (402x321, 36K)

a nvme @pcie 4.0 4x but with some new (undisclosed so far) mumbo jumbo

>faster than the best M.2 ones
m.2 is just a port (like usb) and does not tell you anything about the potential speed of the drive. what you meant to say was nvme

yeah I meant nvme, my bad

>doubting based Sony
It's no surprise Sony have better technology in their consoles before PC ever does
Te Cell was more powerful than any pc cpu for years
PS4 pro was the first gaming device to enable true 4k HDR
PS5 will have the most advanced solid state drive ever made

Sony. Always. Wins.

it's just going to be an optimized sata ssd, dumb fuck. if the ps4 pro is still only using a custom sata hdd out of the box today, what makes you think they'd be willing to make the jump to pcie?

>pcie 4.0 4x
that's good, thanks for clearing that up. you are more helpful than the average "professional video game journalist"

Cool, I have a 500gb M2 drive which is leagues faster than your SSD. Welcome to 2008 Sony.

>consoles finally start using 20 year old tech
Fixed dat for u

sounds fake as fuck
it will be a 1tb ssd at best

Attached: 1450465140058.jpg (580x670, 76K)

probably the latter, nvme ssds are still expensive as fuck

Why do people belive this stupid shit? Remember when the ps4 was gonna have 8GB GDDR5 VIDEO MEMORY??? A SUPER PC

Based cel processor
Virgin game devs can't handle it
>muh it's too difficult to develop for
>tfw gabe newell can't even use it
>tfw it broke gabe and made him turn to online gambling instead of games

Snoy killed half life

Still won’t fix everything else

PS4 is more powerful than majority of pcs though?

>Remember when the ps4 was gonna have 8GB GDDR5 VIDEO MEMORY???
But it did.

Welcome to 2015

??? Ps4 has 3gb vram lol

>SSD become the norm
>those lazy ass AAA studio see this as an excuses to not compress anything
>500gb games become the norm because it load faster
>Loadings go back at being 2 minutes long because the games are much bigger

if you can't have 1080p@240hz or 4k@120hz with additional motion blur reduction like dyac and ulmb and adaptive sync, you better hype the cheap 5 year old ssd storage instead. teens will eat it up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Attached: master trole.jpg (160x160, 7K)

The loading times on a sata ssd vs m2 nvme are literally 10 seconds vs 9 but the cost of going from sata to m2 would be huge due to different manufacturing.

The biggest reduction in game loading has been larger ram buffers to store data and more efficient clearing of this. This is how GTA can render a continent without any transitions till you swap tile sets for interiors/preset missions.

But you are just another retard who wants another retarded flame thread so LOL CONKEKS > PCHADS

Attached: 2A4F7CC0-9D99-4EA2-9AAA-AE4CCFCE6CAC.png (436x403, 13K)

The PS4 has a shared pool of system RAM and VRAM. While there is, in fact, 8GB of VRAM, a good chunk of that is reserved for other tasks at any given time. The guy you're replying to is right, but so are you in a way.

Fuck that noise, where's Gravity Rush 3?

Fucking LOL. I have a samsung 970 evo SSD and loading times are still garbage (on PC).

And we're telling you that not only do Sony not have the talent, they don't have the money to charge for The R&D beating Intel would cost. Consoleniggers seem to hink that every new generation is going to jump past PC for some reason ad it never happens. You'll take your shitty PCIE 4 ssd that Sony somehow bridges into a USB 2.0 connection completely defeating the purpose of the SSD in the first place and you'll like it

Majority of PC's are some pajeets workstation

>tfw no kats game 3
Snoy wants gritty realism now not colorful fun
Kats game will be on xbox though

You would have to be literally retarded to buy a PS5 after all the shitty practices Sony has done this past generation. They didn't deserve to be at the top.

What people on this board do is comepepltely irrelevant, tens of millions will buy a PS5 no matter what.

I assume it's going to just be a hybrid HDD with flash memory for pre-loading.

>using shitty Navi which is confirmed to be a flop
>meanwhile Microsoft are using the high end Vega

This won't end well for Sony it'll be another "powa of da cell" shit.
Fun fact: the ps5 was supposed to release this year but AMDs fuck up with Navi delayed it till 2020. It's also the reason Sony had to quickly pull out of E3.

No, the loading screens for the Spiderman PS4/PS5 showcase definitely show an insane improvement

SNES games had loading times though

Source

Shared pool. Not 8gb video ram. Ie trick by Sony to con retards.

Consolefags are so fucking retarded.

at that point they didn't actually have the console, user. you can put anything you want in a box during those presentations and say it'll represent the console, that's how it's always been

youtu.be/Xg-o1wtE-ww

>what does that even mean?
It means you'll only be able to have one game installed at a time

The trick is doing it cheap, PCfags getting jewed as always. Sony sells in near loss

Yeah I'll trust third party SSD performance tests. But well have to wait until release or until publications get a hold of them

You also have to take the OS into account, Windows isnt fully optimized for SSDs

Remember supercharged PC?
Remember devs nutting all over the place because they added 2gb of extra "SUPER FAST" ram?

Attached: 1399341169979.png (291x317, 19K)

[there are none]

>after all the shitty practices Sony has done this past generation.
such as?

There were a few for Base and Pro comparisons.

Kek this, poorfags have to take what they can get though.

>sells at a near loss

Still too much for a console

Moving their HQ to commiefornia and censorship. The console design process is also fully done in the west and the lead engineer is Mark Cerny rather than a Japanese team like for the PS3.

Technically everything has loading times, but anything stored on a board has so little to be unnoticeable.
Only the biggest and most graphically intensive snes game have any noticeable loading times.
I run ffxiv off an ssd but by being a really big mmo it still has loading times too.

>Moving their HQ to commiefornia
Why is this bad?

no shit, but don't pretend like expensive AF cartridges have 0 load times.

>anti cross-play
>anti freedom of choice concerning censorship
>paid online
>cloud gaming
>$100 for PSclassic using an open source emulator
>locks back compat behind a cloud streaming paywall and says no one wants to play old games

yeah, but none currently for the console that we're anticipating

Because videogames are Hollywood as hell with their cinematic bullshit, morality lecturing the proles and cringe ass awards shows, Sony especially.

Cross play is shit

That sounds like a boon in Sony's favor honestly.

Are already*

Remeber when RDR2 looks better than any game on PC?

SSDs will certainly lower load times. It will not be completely gone. That's absurd.

Cant wait for Samsung to enter the GPU market at this point

I'm hoping end of year or early 2020. They're gonna miss all the E3 hype anyway

Damn that's gonna be great. should save an easy or second or two for any movie I watch

>SSD
This is why PS4 will be superior. Because it will live longer than PS5. And it will be easier to replace PS4 disk than PS5's.

Screenshot my post, i am for real.

Attached: wendy.png (1080x1001, 1.1M)

>no loading times
>still 20 fps 720 movie "experiences"
kek

This is ridiculous. I can't even remember the last time my PC had to load anything, and only now are the console fags getting to the same point. What the fuck.

>screenshot your own shitty posts, you retarded nobody.

>I don't know how to use greentext

The Cell got beaten by Pentium 4's in actual gaming performance

So speculation

SSD's are cheap now, Sony is going to buy the cheapest SSD they can & use it on a PCIE 4.0 slot
Probably not that fast as Sony claims, but it wouldn't be the first time they lied

Its not speculation. Navi was supposed to be unveiled in January at CES but AMD pulled a no show and showed off Vega 7 instead which shocked everyone. We know for a fact that
1. There are problems with Navi
2. It got pushed back by over half a year
3. PS5 is using Navi and the delays to Navi have delayed the development of the PS5

There are all facts.

I know how to use greentext, I made a mistake.

Assuming it has a 1TB M2 ssd and the worst ray tracing card (2060), which cant handle ray tracing at all, the cost of those two things is over 650$.

Sorry but I feel like it isn't going to be as great as it seems unless the console ends up costing 1000$.

Movies don't have loading screens so they're targeting the full cinematic experience. Sony have completely given up on gaming.

So how many TFs is the PS5?

bout tree fiddy

But I have an NVME drive in my pc already...

Why are PCfags seething that PS5 will do something that their shitty PCs can't do?

Navi seems to be a let down too and not a straight upgrade over the Nvidia RT GPUs

You're a fucking idiot. I just bought a SSD for 20 bucks for my fat PS3.

That's what I was going to say...

Are you baiting or are you really this stupid?

Its an M2 you moron, much faster than your chink SSD

How is your second sentence a negative? The PS5 will play every last PS4 games natively because of the x86 PC-like architecture. This is a positive not a negative. The Cell was a massive failure which is why they stopped it.

>where were you when PS5 did something PCs were doing for the past decade?!

Attached: 1508267210737.jpg (354x286, 15K)

It's for a PS3, moron. The SATA1 port would bottleneck ANY SSD, so of course I bought a cheaper one. Use your brain, numbskull, and quit trying to praise consoles for shit we've been doing on PC for years.

PC technology hasn't moved forward for nearly a decade now. Basically next-generation is the killing blow for PC gaming as consoles fully catch-up and overtake them in gaming performance.

>no loading screens

sure bro

My Japanese steel folded over 1 thousand times...

Is the 1080p 60fps meme of next gen going to be ULTRA FAST SSDs BRO?
Fuck consolefags.

>applying retail price to console parts
Brainlet

consoles use pc components. the next gen ps5 and xbox are literally using low end ryzen processors and midrange amd graphics processors. if a console can do something then pc gamers can already do it as well.

So it will have a DRAMLess NVMe SSD, what a surprise.
And the size upgrade prices will increase exponentially.

Atleast i hope(Its not like im going to buy one anyway) they dont pull an apple and make the SSD built in the motherboard.

For games and OS use a SATA SSD is as fast as a NVMe SSD.
youtu.be/ecCA0gx_eZk

The only way to completely "remove" loading screens would be to have the entire game loaded onto a giant ramdisk or something. And even that would require an up front load.

>Commodore 64GB of RAM
>presses play on his file to fully load the game into memory like the good old days

Except games will be optimized specifically for a set of hardware instead of having an average performance across multiple builds. This is why console exclusives look and play a lot better than the average pc game.

This meme needs to die.

Yeah I remember [literally every other generation] where people say this to hype up low IQ console consumers. Remember that PS3 supercomputer with its cell processor? Like damn... wow.

>optimised for low end ryzen and midrage gpu

woahhhh stop the presses pc gaming is dead woahhhh
and everyone knows if those exclusive games were available to be run on their pc equivalent hardware they'd run massively better because *news flash* the consoles are underpowered and pc's of similar price and specs can out perform them.

M.2 is NOT relevant to speed, it's a form factor.

Pretty sure they are just hyping "their" nvme implementation and if they truly came up with a proprietary solution prepare to bleed your anus for overpriced SSDs.
A regular 1tb SSD is not even that cheap yet, just look at their scummy PS Vita sd card policy.

You tell em bro! Can't wait for those 25fps exclusives!

>this meme needs to die
>one bad driver update on pc can entirely fuck up a game's performance
Not my fault if you live in a bubble.

This thread reeks of Sony astroturfing

The thing about this take is people actually think Consoles use unique hardware, PS5 is literally just affordable mid range Ryzen/Navi hardware that is coming Q3 this year, you can build a PS5 like PC if you want in a couple of months

>consoles
>using SSD
>with their tendency to always overheat
yes please do it, I can't wait for the backlash

Attached: 1506102770261.gif (400x225, 922K)

Lots of faggots told the same thing about the PS4, and look where we are? You literally can't build a PC on the same price range of a PS4 that outperforms it.

desu no loading screen Bloodborne and Monhun World means my playtime of those games will increase 200%. I haven't even bothered with my second Bloodborne playthough because of the loading time.

Attached: dieofhappiness.jpg (800x339, 83K)

Consoles are always year old hardware that shitskin third worlders always try and meme as powerful because of """optimization""".
Developers haven't optimized their games for specific consoles in decades.

>ITT fat nerds, that don't know that sony has the best ingeneers working with amd.

You will get your shit GPUs and your shit ports and your shit drivers while we enjoy the most powerful piece of hardware at only $400

eh, vidcons!

Attached: 1528398952790.jpg (400x400, 27K)

SSD will remove the lag issues as well.
Feels so good to be a sonybro

400$ is the price of a sony console after 3 years user
now bend over and bring me those 700$

B-BUT I BOUGHT AN RTX!!!

Attached: 1445958038343.png (1064x698, 337K)

>Reinstall driver
>Problem solved
Wow so hard.

Yes you can, just buy a ton of used parts and steal some shit from your office. No-one will notice.

It's still gonna be another le $599 meme with those expensive parts.

Yes goy, do the work yourself.

NOOOOO

Attached: 1515804167215.png (882x758, 246K)

The proper sentence is look decent but play like dogshit

youtube.com/watch?v=DH6FCgqQB_s

youtube.com/watch?v=JxUPJdcChzE

go back to /vr/ boomer

Xbox One Two is still gonna BTFO of Sony's pathetic PS5.

Do you have no idea how computers work or something?

>400 $
HAHAHA, look at this retard and laugh, if all that shit they say is true, PS5 will cost at least 500-550$ if Sony do not want to lose $ 300 per piece

Attached: 1557403946499.png (826x738, 1.02M)

Its because SSDs are becoming cheaper. I can buy twice the size of my old SSD for half the price atm.

>April 2015
Nice try, brainlet.

Nigger the frame pathing issues is because of the shit HDD.

>Set program to reinstall drivers
Wow so hard.

Are you seriously going to call someone a goy to defend the proprietary PC-lite DRM boxes known as modern day consoles? Really? At least a PC user can do their own work. If shit is buggy on console you're just fucked with no recourse.

>game released in 2013

Wooooooooo

>xBox one two
kek

Remember when journalists were claiming the PS4 and Xbone were going to be revolutionary machines that were going to bring graphics to a whole new level and in the end they turned out to be cheap mobile APUs that struggle to maintain decent performance at 1080p?
Yeah same case here again.
It will probably be the cheapest Kingston SSD.

Unified memory is a lot better than a separate pool of system RAM and VRAM. No need to fight over bus lanes.

>Xbox One Two
dunno I think they'll name it 'Xbox 3 stars' or something

>only 500gb
>next gen games with be 200 gigs each

>hardware magically becomes better over time

FUCKING KEK
the absolute state of sony shills

WHY

DO

SONY

ALWAYS

WIN

youtube.com/watch?v=t_Z2iR6TW-o

>1TB SSD
dude, they won't have more than 256 giga, if not 128

>Maybe your PC
My GPU is still 60% more powerful than what you will be seeing in the PS5 lol

GTA V and MGSV are one of the most well optimized games for BOTH platforms.
So yeah, PS4 sucks.

Honestly I'm really looking forward to PS5 and Xbone 2 games look very similar to the previous consoles.

going back to the instantaneousness of the cartridge era sure would be nice.

Attached: 451hf17A9.jpg (613x703, 119K)

You are all wrong. This isn't old tech. This is brand new. There is a reason that nothing even in the highest ends of the PC market can get something at this speed. The test in the Wired article even stated that what was saw that was 19 times faster than PS4 Pro was still an 'early slow prototype'.
You really don't know what Sony is about to hit you with and it makes me fuckin' laff

Attached: 1525959538782.png (1000x750, 326K)

PS5 games will be even more forgettable, because muh realistic grafix only look good so long.

Not sure what hes referring to but maybe that the The Pro came out after

retard.

PC has stagnated as well. People often shitpost about Crysis looking better than modern games

>console company develops something faster than stuff available for enterprise
Yeah, sure. And modern consoles are totally not just pc parts bought in bulk from manufacturers.

youtu.be/ZcrotHUVFN0

They'll pump out an HZD and GoW sequel and call it a day, with the possible From exclusive.
Sony is so shit

That's not's ever gonna happen again unless if you can somehow manage to fill up 8-16GB of RAM from storage in 0.000001sec without getting bottlenecked by the CPU and mobo. Physically impossible.

Console games back then only had to deal with mere kilobytes, hell the 4-8MB on the N64 was already pushing it's cartridge bus to it's limits.

Sony is going to be taking a $100-200 loss on PS5, that goes without saying, PC is more expensive yes

please sit on my face and smother it

>used parts

My old SATA SSD is 10x faster than a 5400 rpm drive, a NVME SSD is like 4-5x faster than my SATA SSD. Sony Cheaping out

You are right. They totally aren't. There is a reason why PS4 had twice the ACE units and/or ROPs of its contemporaries.

Attached: 1544159496953.png (543x637, 111K)

Almost all games are developped for the weakest platform, which is console. There are exceptions like Far Cry 1 and Crysis, these games were downgraded and ported to consoles.

Hey don't save money on cheap I7s then retard

So PCfags actually think their SSD can compete with PS5's SSD? How delusional are they?

Didn't you read?

List today's prices of the parts he used and see if its still under $400. Cucks are literally the most intellectually dishonest shitheads in this place.

Attached: 1511183049921.jpg (480x480, 30K)

his gtx 1060 was brand new.

also
>You literally can't build a PC on the same price range of a PS4 that outperforms it.
using used parts was never a limitation. the fact you can even find good deals like this makes pc gaming so much better anyway. just because ps4 fags are almost always limited to buying that shit at new prices doesn't mean you need to bash the pc market for having a wealth of good value, high performance used parts.

Fastest SSD on the planet and games still run at 30 frames

>supercharged pc again
lol

Meant $350, as this is the price range he uses in the video.

holy frickin' based, PS5 is a BEAST

PS5 will cost $699
You hear here first.

some are semi custom e.g. the xbox one x uses a polaris based GPU which exceeds even the maximum polaris spec on the polaris GPU's on PC but in general it's usually off the shelf parts with some minor customizations.

Enjoy your 30min unskippable cutscenes sonyfrens

If Sony was using an normal PCIE 3.0 SSD it could be running nearly 40x the PS4 Pro, clearly they are cheaping out. "slow prototype" what would they be developing they don't own a nanflash plant'

Except loading screens need to be erased software side.
Take GTAV. Even with the fastest NVME it has loading times.
Again Sony doesn't create anything.

Attached: subtle.gif (300x225, 1.61M)

So you didn't read.

pcpartpicker.com/list/k4K4cY pick out a case and this would be a PC that beats the scorpio, cut the Ryzen 5 to a Ryzen 3 and the RX580 to a 570 it will be better than a PS4 Pro easy and probably even the X

feels good being a PC bro
youtube.com/watch?v=HDq56GF-i_A

All this power and they're still not going to hold developers to a 60fps standard.

Thanks for proving me right.

It's cute people still think PS5 will be $400, Mark Cerny even said it's gonna be more expensive

You idiots, it's pretty simple
>ps5 boots up
>loads certain parts of game boot up into RAM to make it appear that there's no load screens
>wala!

600 is what I think it"ll be

>consolenigger doesn't even know the difference between NVME and M.2
>still claims Sony is going to develop a new and better SSD tech even though Sony doesn't even have an SSD R&D division

Attached: 1543403179497.png (190x266, 5K)

thirty is plenty :)

>make a RAMdisk
>faster than any SSD will be for the next 5 years
>load a game
>loading screen is still there
Needless to say, you won't be getting "no loading screens". Storage isn't the only thing that determines loading time, either.

Attached: 1545967266179.jpg (320x310, 38K)

pcpartpicker.com/list/hP9pCb pick out a case remember these are new parts I'd recommend buying used for any budget under 600$ since you are missing out on such last gen parts for cheap

>This is brand new
>console trannies talk about computer hardware

Attached: 1532835162076.webm (854x480, 2.98M)

Who gives a shit about 60fps when games are perfectly playable at 30fps. I would rather have way better art and atomsphere than have 60fps (unless i am using a mouse as input)

it doesn't, it's just a thing you say

Nope. You have not seen what will come in PS5. It isn't just an NVMe SSD, it is something that is specialized completely for what PS5 needs.
It doesn't even use any standard currently available.

You realize super Mario bros in 1985 ran at 60fps right, and on PC you don't have to choose between smooth and pretty

>over $350 without even a case
>only 240GB of storage
So where are the video benchmark comparisons showing this build outperforming a PS4?

Attached: 1538261823623.jpg (390x433, 231K)

DUDE 8 GIGS OF RAM

Don't forget "backward compatibility is backward" and "if each game is the same, why do you keep playing them?" as they shit out over-the-shoulder walking sims, Uncharted clones, and sell their consoles on rehashed garbage like CoD, Battlefield, GTA, and sports shit.

Gen after gen after gen they eat Sony's pre-release lies without fail. Can't wait for a wave of articles about "PS5 is like a literally perfect gamin PC, for real this time"

If you don't want Nvidia penis in your mouth and ass you do.

Holy shit, consolefags are really tech retarded.

Attached: for_real.jpg (474x527, 43K)

Old af architecture isnt worth it

>Except loading screens need to be erased software side.
And windows is the most inefficient regarding this

>what is compression
>what is a 20 PC Case
>can't type "PC vs PS4 2019" into YouTube
The beauty is you can upgrade it, when you set your budget this low you have to make comprises
>inb4 I can buy a PS4 for 200$
Yes from game stop and if you can buy used from gamestop then you can buy of CL
>get a job and make your home appliance nice, you can even use the PC to get a better job
Just enjoy your console (:

Radeon VII is the better buy than an RTX 2080 and RX 580 is literally the best 1080p 60 Ultra Card

>SSD Introduction date: 1991
>2009 literally everybody is using them
>PS5's ultra high SSD in 2019
What did they mean by this?

That's the reason AAA games are shit. Fast paced action at 30 fps is horrible. If it's more of a slower paced game sure

>p-playstation will be like a pc this time w-we promise!

>all these excuses
Still waiting for that pc build that can outperform the PS4 on the same price range.

Attached: dbvig3m.png (798x1001, 491K)

>the mother boards are on CL too
>8700K old architecture
>not thinking a 200$ 7700K and Mobo combo isn't good price to performance

unless you're literally using some old garbage like bulldozer it doesn't make any difference. the biggest advantage between new and old archs is ipc and clock speeds and usually if they're older they'll be on a bigger process node so thermals won't be the best compared to modern processors on smaller and more efficient nodes but it barely makes a difference. if you buy a 2013 4790 and stick it in with a $20 hyper 212 evo you'll have a solid gaming experience. those 8 threads should be more than enough to run modern games and that i7 would even be capable of running 144hz monitors with like a 980 ti from 2014. both can probably be found for ~$300 combined or even less sometimes. spend another $200 on a case, psu, mobo and some storage and you'll have a $500 pc which is several times more powerful than both the ps4 pro and xbox one x.

Why do you try teaching a troll user.
Send him to /g/ so he gets raped then be done with it.

Attached: kot.jpg (1280x1143, 80K)

Which one chimp boy I already showed you one that beats the pro and if it's the PS4 Base you can buy its GPU that's a radeon HD 7770 for 25$ on Ebay, show me a console that beats my 400$ 1080ti otherwise consoles are useless since they cannot match my price to performance

>RX 580 is literally the best 1080p 60 Ultra Card
>1080p
Many games are shit on AMD hardware. Nice try tho.
They have to be very fast paced before it really matters, most fast paced games are 60fps anyway.

see

>Radeon VII is the better buy than an RTX 2080
>costs the same as 2080
>slower on average
>doesn't have any RT support at all

if i had to spend the money it would easily go towards a 2080 because they cost the same and the 2080 is faster. with both being the same price the RT on the 2080 is like a free bonus.

It's useless to even compare a PC to a Console.
At the same price range, you do much more than the media capabilities of a console.
Yes it's fun to show that PC isn't that expensive though.
But it's useless.

I was referring to the video build

No you didn't, shithead. There are no video comparisons showing that build outperforming a PS4pro, and who the fuck would buy a $20 case? Lmfao, the damage control you're trying to push is insane.

>2016
>$375

Okay even if the equivalent nvidia card gets 10 more FPS in DirectX 11 games the RX 580 is 189$ New and has 8 GB of ram and more powerful than a GTX 1160. Games run fine on AMD you're falling for stereotypes because even if the Nvidia Card gets 100 the Radeon will get 90 and your Monitor has a 60 refresh rate

>1080p

see

nooo delet

16 GB of Vram will out last the average 7% in some games, the radeon tends to be 20$ cheaper and is RTX worth it when there's been 5 RTX games in like 8 months? Nope by the time it's mainstream there will be better cards for it

Comparing a gaming console to a PC is useless.
A console lose by default for being too specialized and not even that great for the price you pay.
Just drop it.

Check today's prices for those parts, nigger.

Add FineWine to that and your golden.
The only reason I picked a 2080 instead of a VII is because I got it for 550 and the cheapest VII was 800.

you didnt even mention the architecture and just said "cheap i7s"

they're even cheaper. what's your point?

>t-this time though!!

Attached: 1403414841668.jpg (151x233, 6K)

>pcplebs can't even read a book while playing a game
so this is the power of pc gaming

Okay run the RX 580 at 4K Medium I'm sure it will hit 50-60fps see if I care you can do whatever you want I played mad max (2015) at 4K Low on a 750ti

A PC is not specialized for gaming, that's the point of a console. Its just that devs are shit and screw over both consoles and PC

Source?

>amd fag clutching at straws with muh vram meme again

meanwhile in reality by the time games actually start utilizing a full 16gb vram that card will be underpowered garbage and not worth anything. amd does this again and again with muh vram yet in reality it hasn't panned out for them once. neither has it done that for nvidia for that matter the 680 had 2gb and 4gb variants yet they're both as useless as each other because the actual GPU itself is weak in modern times.

i can provide proof of this too if you want to see it.

Attached: rebrandeon.jpg (1340x1588, 529K)

Wait I'm confused? Why do people think PS5 would actually do away with loading screens just because they're using SSD now? Even the best SSDs can't accomplish the no loading screens yet.

ebay.com/itm/Intel-CPU-Core-i5-750-2-66GHZ-8M-LGA-1156/172833263854?hash=item283daa50ee:g:2SwAAOSw3ydV63sp

ebay.com/itm/GIGABYTE-GeForce-GTX-1060-DirectX-12-Rev2-6GB-192-bit-GDDR5-PCI-E-Graphics-Card/312600457787?epid=505638919&hash=item48c870723b:g:cv4AAOSwdGtc0i50

cpu today is 20 fucking dollars and that 1060 he bought for 200 is a whopping 80 bucks now.

Explain how a 20$ case or a 100$ case will make the PC any more powerful
youtu.be/5yJUNyOS95o
Pretty much the same build and yes these parts have gotten cheaper
>just play you children's entertainment platform

The software stack will help with that. Even Apple has a better filesystem than windows

>used
LMFAO

Attached: 1544157880629.png (631x544, 442K)

>used is bad
>just buy new goyim

no wonder sony fags are so happy to buy remasters from sony every year and use their shitty streaming service to play back compat ps3 game they already own but they still have to pay for it. LMAO.

Attached: 1555993958257.gif (640x361, 1.86M)

>these parts have gotten cheaper
Except they didn't? Cucks are fucking delusional.

Still have to load shit into memory and process it, shaders at the very least, which is cpu/GPU bound.

>being a Nvidia fangirl
Have sex kid this rule also applies the 780TI and Original Titan have about the same amount of power but the titan has 6gb and the 780ti is near useless because of it's ram despite it's GPU being on par with a GTX 1060 but the titan is still useful today. The 1080ti is the better buy because it is more powerful than the VII and the 2080 (the 2080 does better in some games tho) yet they will all be made irrelevant around the same time and all things left the same the "newer" RTX card with 8gbs instead of 11 or 16 will be the first to die. You got tricked

haha imagine if she had a dick and jerked on to your frosty, especially since they're only 50 cents right now.

Attached: 4ccb2535450b403b0d9779b4cc900961.jpg (1080x1080, 134K)

If they dont have free BC with PS4 I'm done with them.

Just play your pleb box kid you're not smart enough to assemble a PC

>those pupils

holy fuck

>the 780ti is near useless
(you)
780ti is perfectly fine for 1080p60

Right, it was just a demo but the spiderman test, being open world, was a massive improvement. If only it was on PC though, we'd have actual data to compare

>who the fuck would buy a $20 case?
Me

I bet the 680 with 4gbs would also be fine for 1080p too the point is the titan can still rock 1440p dispite being older than the 780ti because of the higher Vram

>thinking Sony is above selling product at a loss to gain market share and popularity
PS4 lost $60 per unit sold according to Forbes
forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/09/20/sony-to-take-a-loss-on-playstation-4-sales/#163c80696f1d

>dodging the point at hand this much

cry more amd shill. i used amd exclusively for the first 8 years after i got my first pc and never again. if you knew anything about GPU's you'd know that they're almost never vram limited (unless you're amd with shitty cards like the fury x). vram is NEVER a good reason to buy one GPU over another.

Attached: 1080p.png (1482x3629, 233K)

Your posts reeks of autistic arrogance, like you're legit proud of being a retard.

Attached: gow.png (522x570, 459K)

>because of the higher Vram
It's been so long I can't even remember if that's bullshit or not. I seem to remember it had a bigger bit bus, 512bit or some shit.

imagine trying to stretch things this far. you may as well buy a gtx 960 4gb and play at 1440p retard. the reality is the GPU itself will become too weak to crunch that much data. the r9 390 and r9 290 have a massive 4gb difference between them yet its a fact that the 390 gpu (rebranded 290) cannot crunch that much data and it's been slapped on just for bragging rights by amd.

>3GB 1060 on par with 8GB RX480
What went wrong?

No, but the GPUs being nearly the same price and power but 1 having double the Vram seems like the no brainer. Sorry you buy low end nvidia and shill for a card that is the same power and has 3 less gbs than the 1080ti I paid the same amount for 2 years ago. Shill for the people who literally didn't improve this gen

>hours patches download

>console fags are having the discussion of their lives over a simple ass SSD

kek, keep living in the past while we surf the future bitches

Attached: 45uslLp[1].jpg (2232x872, 247K)

>retard can build PC
What that make you?

How do you think I'm having this conversation right now, fuckfart?

>All the tendies here coping and screeching
Feels good to always be winning

>being nearly the same price and power but 1 having double the Vram
>same price

see the fucking vega 7 is a WEAKER gpu than the vega 64 (60 cu vs 64 cu) and the vega 64 has 8gb vram. explain that then retard. you're literally claiming right now that amd are gimping their vega 64 owners by releasing a card with inferior specs with double the vram a year later. meanwhile in reality it doesn't fucking work like that.

Attached: the average amd shill.png (759x449, 524K)

i.e. they're just gonna solder it to the board so you can't upgrade it and have to buy a new console if you want more storage.

don't crush my dreams, user...

Attached: 1557240590682.jpg (1024x744, 81K)

You're delusional as fuck. Nips will still give more of a fuck about Switch than PS5's censored shit.

>POWER OF THE CLOUD

if you fall for consoles again you really deserve to be sterilized

>buying the GPU with the same power but half the ram because it has a shiny green logo
>inb4 it's more power efficient
Yeah about 10 watts after you overclock it
If a GPU with less ram that is more powerful exists then buy it, that's why a 1200$ 2080ti with 11gb would be the better buy than the 700$ Radeon VII with 16GB but how is the 700$ 2080 with 8gb the better buy?

>waaah waaah my anime games no tiddy mommy :(
Fuck off and play with your labo kit while the adults play.

Sony is the apple of Vidya, it all makes sense.

>not posting on the PS4 you love
If you can build a PC why are you not smart enough to look up videos and assume people wouldn't want a 100$ case over 80$ worth of CPU. Go play on PC part picker ram prices themselves have almost dropped 75% since 2017
>inb4 I was only pretending to be retarded

>how is the 700$ 2080 with 8gb the better buy?
because it's FASTER. don't talk about GPU hardware when you don't know jack shit about them. suddenly every amd twat in existence thinks every gpu on the face of the earth is vram limited and is going to be shit after a year. fucking hell go back to playing on consoles you tech illiterate retard.

ULTRA HIGH

>what are clock speeds
BIGGER NUMBER BETTER!
You argue like a console peasant, dumbass
The Vega 64 compares to a 2070 the VII compares to a 2080

source?

Rams were always cheap nigger, however high-end cpus and gpus prices haven't dropped at all, in fact some of them increased. This is why it's not worth to build a gaming pc if you're want to keep the budget mid-low.

>ps5 has technical improvements
>the ps4 never did
I still can't believe Sony got away with the absolute joke that the PS4 was.

Yes 5%, you know, an overclock. The extra 8gigs of vram still seems worth it.
You don't have to keep justifying your fanboyism with lazy arguments you can just say "I like team green" that's why i buy Intel dispite it being overpriced

well duh the clockspeeds have a difference and that's the point i'm making you dunce. in reality neither card is vram limited and both will last a long time to a point the GPU itself will not be capable to run games at solid framerates. everyone claimed the 390 would last longer than the 970 or 290 for example because one has half the amount than the other yet once again in REALITY both are solid 1080p 60 fps cards at high settings and neither has problems with vram even in the very latest of games.

Attached: 290970.jpg (1909x1079, 394K)

Didn't buy ram when 16gb was 200$ less than 1 year ago I see

>use amd for 8 fucking years
>had a 1070 since 2017
>"nvidia shill team green reeee"

neck yourself. waste your money all you want on useless extra vram but don't complain when that card can never utilize the full 16gb vram because the gpu can't crunch that much data, moron.

>Where were you when Sony destroyed loadings screens forever?
Playing on my Xbox One X. Which has had an SSD for a while now.

The PC port of RDR2 will look better than it does on consoles

Remember what happened the last time they made their own tech?
Cell processor.

Nigga who was talking to you I was talking about the retard who said the vega 64 was faster than the VII because of the 4 less CUs

Thanks for not providing a single example.

I mean, movies don't have loading screens already so Sony has finally completed their mission, I guess.

>5%

Attached: relative-performance_2560-14401.png (500x770, 45K)

>waste of money
>cheaper card
>buys RTX
I have a 1080ti because I'm not a retard who thought RTX was gonna amount to anything, I'll buy a 2080ti unless Navi isnt a flop. If I had to buy a new card it would be the radeon because you're a retard if you think the 16 gbs is somehow not a selling point like bitch I'll just have to play 8K medium

>both exactly the same price (2080 slightly cheaper here in europe)
>2080 is faster for the same price
>at the same price the RTX stuff is pretty much free at that point
>don't have to use RTX if don't want to but still get all the performance gains over the vega 7

16gb isn't a selling point unless you're using it for fucking AI or deep learning shit. and now i know you're baiting with this 8k bullshit.

>kekpowerup
>Not 4K
What games were used because even nidia shills at hardware unboxed only got a 7% difference
>YOU DO NOT NEED TO SPREAD YOUR BUYERS REMORSE WE GET IT THE ONLY RTX GAME YOU PLAY IS THE RTX WAITING GAME

>everyone who doesn't say AMD is faster is a shill
Still 10% faster, cope.

Attached: relative-performance_3840-2160.png (500x770, 46K)

>Rendering
>winning benchmarks
>CAD
>Hardware Acceleration
>literally higher quality textures
>having better used price
No matter what I say I'll be wrong
>you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink

>AMD 7nm vs NVidia 12nm
>NVidia still faster

AMD are finished.

I already play games on an SSD though.

so this thread so far
>hey man why don't you buy this gpu it costs the same price and is faster than its closest competitor
>amd screeching: NO NO NO BUY THE ONE WITH MORE RAM, PERFORMANCE DOESN'T MATTER IN GAMES

I am a literal nvidia shill and I'm aware of the difference, not that you would understand what undervolting and overclocking on an AMD card is and how easy that 10% is to make up. If you don't think 16 is bigger than 8 I cannot help you, keep raising the prices of PC parts I certainly know you still pay more Nvidiot am I gonna lie and say it's better no they're pretty much the same
>inb4 muh 10%
1. Some people have work to do and just want to game on the side and 2 look at hitman and battlefield V benchmarks literally some engines have GPU requirements and if you truly see a difference you should really stop playing Anthem

But you paid much more, cuck

I also didn't wait until 2021. At least the technology will finally be available to poor people.

Oh my God virgin buy the 2080 then

>dude just buy this slower card for the same price as this faster card because it has more vram
>"but vram rarely matters, i prefer the better performance"
>DUDE just buy it

fuck off amdcuck. the gpu market is in the state it's in right now because amd is shit. if they actually provided worthwhile competition in the perf/watt space then we wouldn't even be in this situation. see . it took amd to use the 7nm process and its 20% clockspeed boost to finally match nvidia cards from 2 years previous, all whilst using way more power. they're a joke of a company and no one in their right mind would buy an inferior product just to make amd fags feel a bit less shit about their dumb purchase in an echo chamber. fuck off.

Attached: power_peak.png (500x770, 46K)

IBM didn't help as well ya know

>Cry harder loser
>Nvidia card owner somehow amdshill because somehow makert trends are fake
>claims to have used AMD cards but doesn't know about fine wine.
>muh watts
If you buy end then watts argument is near irrelevant
>spouting Haungs favorite stats
I'm not saying support AMD
I'm saying the VII is the better buy
Both cards are a joke compared to 400$ 1080tis
You don't have to be mad you already bought your Nvidia card just enjoy when you have to turn the settings down first

Hahahahaha Nvidiafags still think their chips match up to AMD.

You know you can put a SSD in a PS4, and it's rather nice, but not the world changing miracle that always gets hyped up before a new generation.

Do you mind if I lost my Sony E3 Predictions? The other thread has a gay pride parade running through it.

Ok so we all know that Sony not being officially at E3 but they still are known to announce stuff at the time of E3 so here are my expectations and predictions:
1. Dreams has been said to max out whatever console it's on whether PS5 OR PS4 or PS4 Pro. So it goes to the top of the list. We're going to see stuff people in the beta have been making the best of the best.
2. A whole bunch of cinematic gameplay stuff like The Sinking City and Death Stranding. It's probably going to be another one of those announcement cycles where Microsoft has a bunch of bright day time stuff and Sony has a bunch of dark horror stuff despite a lot of them being multiplatform timed exclusives.
3. Grand Theft Auto could be a timed exclusive to either PlayStation or Xbox or same day released but unannounced on one of the two platforms.
4. Insomnia has a reputation for secondary story dlc like Infamous Second Son's so maybe we could see more Spider-man content
5. I don't know what else Sony is doing besides all the stuff they potentially could show relating to the PlayStation 5 and the next PSVR. You've all read the same stuff I have so you know as well as I do all these things about dedicated ray tracing chips and the end of load times.

>I'm saying the VII is the better buy
and literally not a single reviewer on the internet agrees with you. not even adoredtv and he's the biggest amd marketer on the whole internet right now.

>You don't have to be mad you already bought your Nvidia card just enjoy when you have to turn the settings down first
nope. but if i did the card is factually more powerful than the vega 7 by up to 15% so i'll have more headroom for higher settings in those games. seeth harder.

youtu.be/5eMl4j_lkTg
>inb4 basedboy
You're tears are so salty you just can't except that some people don't want to take your path
Since you claim to have been an AMD user for 8 years let me ask which cards?

You just triggered the fag and hes probably searching the internet far and wide to find anyone who says Vega 7 is better lol

I meant to type
>inb4 basedboy no idea why it changed

Have sex loser I bet you can't even afford either, I like nvidia cards more, I'm just saying options exist and in 3 years when the radeon VII is the better used card to buy because of the higher Vram you better be here to lick my balls kid

You cannot type S 0 Y B 0 I on Yea Forums anymore, pathetic

NuGoW ruined the series forever, just a reminder

>applying retail pricing
>forgetting that Sony will gladly take a cut per console on launch, upwards of even $200 as they did before already
man you're retarded.

>Acting like bulk pricing is gonna not still make a 1tb SSD 100$ for Sony

>You're tears are so salty you just can't except that some people don't want to take your path
you're the one selling people misleading information on this board and i won't stop till you stop. vega 7 is shit. deal with it.

youtube.com/watch?v=n9rhtSwAVfI
youtube.com/watch?v=alhEgNvzv50
youtube.com/watch?v=42V_1HX805A
youtube.com/watch?v=4YyCN1iOAHU

>Since you claim to have been an AMD user for 8 years let me ask which cards?
~2008: x1950 pro (first prebuilt back in like 2007 - ATI)
2011: HD 5550 (first card AMD i bought with my own money)
2012-2015: used consoles for reasons
2016-2017: R9 390 (borrowed from a friend who ordered 1 off amazon but got 2 instead - still have the Hitman redeemable codes which AMD denied me because they're a shit company)
2017-present: GTX 1070

if you count ATI it's been 10 over 10 years using AMD/ATI. the R9 390 was such a garbage dump of a card especially after the crimson driver release that i completely ditched them. they had a mass of issues in GTA 5 especially. never again.

>a single version of a single console two gens ago was known for its overheating issues
>CONSOLES OVERHEAT LMAO xD

So will PS5 really be able to run 8K?

>I'm just saying options exist and in 3 years when the radeon VII is the better used card to buy because of the higher Vram you better be here to lick my balls kid
the gtx 970 and r9 390 came out 5 years and 4 years ago respectively. one has double the vram of the other. the 290 came out 7 years ago. are you claiming the 970 and 290 were unusable 3 years after launch? show proof.

The PS4 and Xbox have the loudest fans I hear outside of a steel mill

>dumbass PS5 muh specs thread becomes another AMD vs Nvidia thread
ez

Attached: 1550112963810.jpg (1024x845, 74K)

The cell was an overdesigned piece of shit that lacked any real versatility so its only future was to be shoved into smart t.v,s and forgotten.

I had an R9 290, it was a fine card I don't know how you mean garbage dump if the 390 was just a refresh.
>how is the Vega shit if it beats the 2080 in about half the games you throw at it and worse case scenario is 90 fps vs 100 in DOOM 4K Ultra. That just means the ram starved 2080 is shit too some games at 4K are already using 9gb of vram.

I like how every console vs PC threads turn into build comparison threads every time. But this time it's PC brand vs PC brand type of bullshit.

Attached: 14632547863745.jpg (907x718, 103K)

I can't help these people are retard and would rather cut their ram in half for 5 more frames in 4K Fortnite. Buy whatever you want Radeon VII is a nice card tho

probably more expensive considering the R&D spent on the new proprietery tech.
Still not relevant. They'll take whatever hit they need to take while keeping it under $499.
Nothing can possibly be a bigger clusterfuck moneysink than the PS3 and they survived that.
The early snowball effect is priceless, its effects last for the entire gen and if the momentum keeps up it seeps into the next gen too, just like now. Why the fuck would they care if they lost $150 per unit for the fist 10million units, when that money will be made up anyway on PS+ subs alone (especially considering 1st year buyers are the most core consumers who'll have a higher attachment rate on games and services)

Let's say the Xbone was sold at no loss and PS4 at $50 loss on launch (made up). You think MS wouldn't take the $50 hit per unit for the first year if they knew they'd sell more than double the consoles, have double the monthly subs and more than double revenue through all game sales on their platform?

anyone who has owned an amd card knows how abortion tier the crimson drivers were when they transitioned from catalyst. it was even notorious on /g/ at the time. it was one of the main reasons the "no drivers" meme even exists in the current time. i've used amd and as an ex-amd owner i'm saying it's shit. i have that right because i'm not a falseflagger. most other people obviously agree hence why nvidia owns nearly 80% of the gpu market.

but keep shilling your slower card that got shafted in 99% of reviews because of terrible perf/watt and performance in general. i'm done here.

Attached: 1502667754411.png (412x443, 27K)

Attached: 1494471090916.png (136x147, 28K)

>muh watts
You better have an 80+ platinum PSU since you care about the powerplant blowing up
>99% shafted no they said "if you want the more ram go for it"
I watch the same tech channels you proabably do too
>Ex-AMD owner has THE RIGHT
As a person who's owned probably 100 GPUs the idea of "muh driver optimization" is irrelevant when you are playing games at a solid framerate
Nvidia owns 80% of the market becasue Chinese internet cafes bought up a shit ton of 5gb 1060s, high end GPUs are literally a 1% thing.
Once again as a nvidia fanboy 5 FPS in metro exodus doesn't seem worth losing 8gb of ram but you can remorse your spending habits elsewhere dork.

They introduced them in the first place. Why does Sony get props for fucking everything up then fixing the problem that they themselves made?

Attached: fox ass.gif (800x800, 1.59M)

>PS1 was not the first CD based system
3DO Masterrace

>I'm an nvidia fanboy but PLEASE I BEG YOU buy this AMD card which is the laughing stock of the industry right now

Yeah sure thing buddy. Don't @ me again with your 100 GPU claims. Fuck off.

stupid fox, that's not where you put bugger buns with a slice of tomato in the middle

holy fuck this is embarrassing

I'm not a fanboy of either side, I go where the power is which is Nvidia, and you really think it's hard to own 100 GPU when you build PCs for a hobby don't @me bitch.
>Literally no one cares except seething nvidia fags AMD is literally being put in the Newest US supercomputer
>The only thing I'm a fanboy of is the truth

>Sony is STILL trying to steal PC's spotlight

Holy fucking shit this is pathetic. When will Sonyfags get it through their heads that PC will ALWAYS be the superior platform?

Attached: 1503692239780.png (233x216, 79K)

>still shilling AMD

You're not convincing anyone. Nvidia owns more of the datacenter market than they do the gaming market. AMD are an even bigger joke there. Cry more shill. Your company is irrelevant they can die off tomorrow and literally no one will care.

>4K 120hz
Stop this shit. There doesn't even exist a PC that can achieve this on a modern game.

2080 SLI can, the problem is getting the monitor to do it without fucking the image quality.

steamoids seething ITT

So could nvidia lol it's tech not food, I'm sorry you can't accept the idea that the Radeon VII is a good value GPU lol so is the precious 2080 you worship. I'm sorry you are so blinded by hate you cannot see the truth. You started this all because I said the VII was the better buy not the better card
>go back to your console with this culture war gay ass bullshit kid.
> I am not paid nor do I lose sleep at night because nvidia may lose a sale like you do.
I'd hate to do this but since you only have a 1070 you have no authority to speak on high end value since you only buy mid grade.

So is Navi a bust?

You're mad your AMD shilling attempts are working. Seeth harder.

Incoming
>"I'm an nvidia fanboy"
>"I own 100 different GPU"
>I can't accept an nvidia card is good

Not a disaster but definitely not a revolution. It will just pass by while Intel and Nvidia prepares their next gen GPUs.
AMD will stay afloat with the CPU market for now.

Rumor has it the fisrt Navi card we will see will match the 2070 for 359$ then in Q1 2020 they will be releasing a flagship to compete with the 2080ti, but we will see

EVERY GENERATION YOU DUMB SONYFUCKS FALL FOR THEIR LIES

> PS1 WILL HAVE AMAZING 3D GR4FX
> architects cannot into math and the n64 can do textures better

> PS2 WILL RENDER TOY STORY IN REAL TIME
> it's a bathtub of rubber ducks, it's fucking nothing

> WITH THE POWER OF THE CELL ©, THERE IS NOTHING THE PS3 CAN'T DO
> no games for 3 years due to needlessly complex architecture

> PS4 WILL BE ABLE TO BRING VR TO YOUR HOME
> vr on a console
> laughing elf an.jpg

> PS5 WILL HAVE A BRAND NEW OMGWTFBBQ SSD THAT WILL KILL LOADING TIMES
> probably just PCIe 4.0 which PCs have this year and will be obsolete within 2 years as 5.0 has already finished development
> devs will just fill your 1TB ssd with 230 GB open-world meme games and you'll still have loads :-^

Attached: 1556754148267.png (500x500, 111K)

Yeah the big insiders have confirmed its DOA. Only low end customers will suffer anyway because Navi is not going to be faster than Vega 7 its strictly low to midrange only.

I can accept that a nvidia card Is good for 700$ with 8 gbs of Vram, I just also accept that an AMD card for 680$ with 2 free games and 16gb of ram is the better buy because you can just OC it to match. I a functional human want both companies to succeed. Take a shower smelly
>inb4 who cares about more ram
>inb4 it was never about the money it's about the Price per Watt

NOOO NEXT TIME 60FPS UNTILL THEN 60FPS IS A MEME
STOP PLAYING IN 144FPS PCFAG!

based

Just leaving this here.

Attached: 1556703898776.jpg (2000x2470, 1.4M)

God I hate console niggers. PCf4ts are bad too sometimes, but the amount of ignorance console niggers display at EVERY fucking technological topic is inexcusable

More than likely it's just PCIe 4.0 with their own flash wired directly through it.
So while Cerny isn't wrong that it isn't on PCs now, it's because PCIe 4.0 for consumers will be a thing in the third quarter of this year.

>It's another "console manufacturer makes a bold claim about a new console and retards actually believe them" episode
Just like the cell processor, cloud computing, and the "supercharged PC" known as the PS4.

Attached: brendan fraser.jpg (540x720, 33K)

shut up!

Attached: GIANT_ENEMY_CRAB.jpg (640x480, 44K)

youtube.com/watch?v=wrkRliHHjFk

YOU CONSOLE PEASANTS HAVE FACTS TO FACE
FACTS TO FACE. HAVE FACTS TO FACE.
YOU CAN'T COMPARE TO DAT MASTER RACE.
THE MASTER RACE WILL FAQ YOUR FACE.

Attached: PC.jpg (1366x768, 87K)

PS3 ports were always inferior to the X360 ones precisely because PS3 didn't have unified memory.

shut up and read the first reply of the first reply to that post
because it's easier to fuck up but it's even easier to correct myself when the first guy fukken pointed it out

>1:01
PS4 still isn't finished loading at the end of the webm

Attached: 1538441398916.jpg (250x231, 5K)

>consoles finally catching up to 2013
Wow, maybe you'll actually get 60fps this time you fucking poorfags.

Attached: 1517975144298.jpg (400x400, 108K)

Don't. there are better things to die with than an Xbox. YOU are better than that.

This thread is fucking golden

Delusional snoyboi

Attached: Yhwach.png (851x778, 268K)

PCIE4 is not even on PC's yet. I doubt it'll debut in the PS5. Either way PCIE3 is enough for NVMe

Thank god, now I can enjoy left wing propaganda and censorship without load times. Based Soiny does it again.

Based retard. Aside from the replies you already got the PS4 uses UNIX and that means it's light as fuck