I STAND UNARMED TO OFFER A CHALLENGE

I STAND UNARMED TO OFFER A CHALLENGE

Attached: Basara_3_Ieyasu_Tokugawa.png (570x920, 415K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uHcIPiJNnCg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>no SB for PC while every other shitty musou gets ported

Attached: 1521983822-497-187.png (261x192, 57K)

Kojuro best basara

Attached: Katakura_Kojuurou.jpg (2504x3404, 1.43M)

moshi moshi I am the best character in the genre

Attached: Yukiden_-_Nagamasa.jpg (732x523, 68K)

>youtu.be/uHcIPiJNnCg

Attached: black guy crying.jpg (480x360, 9K)

Gameplay never clicked with me. I don't get the musou appeal and the drop system is pants on head retarded. Still, the first few times I played with a buddy it was mindless fun.

>suck Imagawa cock for protection
>suck Oda cock for protection
>lose every battle and call daddy Nobunaga to help
>lose against Hideyoshi and turncoat like a coward
>suck Toyotomi cock and get rewarded with enough rice to become the fat fuck Ieyasu is known for being
>never participate in Hideyoshi's western and Korean campaigns like a coward
>backstab the Toyotomi after Hideyoshi's death by fabricating a war against the Uesugi even after the country was finally at peace
>be greedy cunt and name yourself Shogun even though Hideyoshi had established a council to govern to prevent this warmongering bullshit
>besiege Hideyoshi's son's castle 15 years later because you're a senile old cunt
>offer peace with the Toyotomi only to break the agreement the very next year and force your son to kill his sister in law and daughter's husband.
Why do we pretend Ieyasu's the good guy again?

Don't mind me, just being the most fun character in the entire series to play as.

The mandala being freed by the shattered vase in his artwork reflecting his personal mistake he can't forgive himself for is fucking genius.

Attached: Katsuie_Shibata.png (800x1000, 1.08M)

>Part 4 will never be localized
>Part 5 will never happen
Fuck Capcom

GET YA GUNS OUT

I'm still sad the 2D fighter never got more attention, as did most of Arc's one off games on PS2.

why did Capcom get them to make it instead of making it themselves

Because Basara is meant to be an extreme opposing view of the Sengoku era by design. Characters are either exaggerations or direct contrasts to their real life selves from that era.

Mitsuhide is a crazy psycho killer instead of the opportunist hero the Japs pretend he is, Motochika is brave and adventurous instead of being a coward who wouldn't leave his island of Shikoku, Masamune actually does shit instead of missing out on the entire Era until the last minute, Kenshin is directly implied to be a woman just like the rumours spread instead of historical account. It's all exaggeration by design.

Attached: Basara character select.jpg (1280x720, 151K)

It's not like Hideyoshi is any better
>Born a bumfuck peasant
>Become Ashigaru because anything's better than being a peasant
>Make your way up through the social ladder by being a crafty little shit, mostly being a negotiator
>Ally with Nobunaga and Ieyasu as soon as Nobunaga gets the upper hand
>Rise through the ladder even further thanks to Nobunaga
>Nobu dies, instead of pursuing his dream to stabilize Japan and taking his legacy you just keep on making enemies because why the fuck not
>Oh but I support Nobunaga's son
>Oh shit the boy died, better support that fat fuck Ieyasu
>What's that? My beloved Lord Nobunaga wanted social mobility and a meritocracy where everyone could rise if they deserved it?
>You mean just ike I did?
>Yeah, no, here's a social reform so that your lineage locks you into your social class forever, fuck christians, fuck peasants and FUCK what Nobunaga wanted
>But hey look at all this gold and pottery nigga shit's all gravy

history is written by the winners

t. corean

Hideyoshi made friends, not enemies. He stopped the wars against the Mori and Uesugi and brought them into the Toyotomi (formerly Oda) fold. He also joined with the Otomo to help them reclaim their land on Kyushu because the Shimazu were steamrolling the place. Hideyoshi's civil policies, while hypocritical, were a good step towards taking Japan out of a state of constant war and towards a more lawful and orderly society. Unfortunately, he just went a bit crazy in his old age by attacking Korea and focusing more on his son than ruling the country properly and managing his retainers. Which created a perfect storm for Ieyasu to backstab the Toyotomi when Hideyoshi and Toshiie died.
Nobunaga's still the best though.

tell that to Zhuge Liang

>tfw I pretty much realized that Hideyoshi is pretty much Sengoku era Liu Bei

Both are the ultimate opportunists and spent a lot of their lives working under one lord or another until they grew powerful enough to hold significant power. They were both peasants that started from nothing but ended up gaining nearly everything. Hideyoshi also got too greedy when he wanted to gain North Korea and same goes for Liu Bei when he tried to retake Jing province.

Real best character is here now.

Attached: Motochika.Chosokabe.(Sengoku.Basara).full.573507.jpg (1200x1697, 793K)

Liu Bei betrayed and abandoned everybody he ever served or worked for though and then when left alone openly betrayed his own family for land and power inviting infamous psychopaths like Ma Chao and men of pure arrogance like Zhuge Liang into his fold to work for him.

The push for Jing was brave but Guan Yu was a bloated egotist woefully in over his head, which he promptly lost for his arrogance. Liu Bei basically deserved to lose everything in comparison to Hideyoshi.

iirc, it came out around the same time as SF4. Capcom just wasn't making 2D fighters inhouse anymore at that point.

>Hideyoshi made friends, not enemies.
Tell that to the Koreans, he was that stupid to believe he could take on China.
And his way of "making friends" when it came to Japan itself was largely curbstomping the opposition and forcing people to ally with Ieyasu, not much different from what Oda's been doing, but it's hardly being friendly, especially not when you also keep killing missionaries and all that.
>Hideyoshi's civil policies, while hypocritical, were a good step towards taking Japan out of a state of constant war and towards a more lawful and orderly society.
Oh yeah, that must be why by the Bakumatsu times Japan was basically a rotten corpse of itself, living in the stone age and ruled by a small bunch of depraved assholes.
>Inb4 b...but it's Ieyasu's fault, Hideyoshi dindu nothing
Ieyasu kept all of the changes made by Hideyoshi because he was plenty fine with them, outside of the dumb isolationist policy (which at the end of the day was just another thing from Hieyoshi's bag but taken to the logical extremes) he was basically Hideyoshi 2.0, but fat.
Hideyoshi's betrayal of Nobunaga's ideals is not just hypocritical, it effectively set back Japanese society by centuries.

Basara Mitsuhide is probably one of the best subversions they did to his usual naive hero-esque character. Plus him with Life Drain and his personal seal effectively makes him unkillable. Guy used to be almost unplayable in 2, then they made him the most broken one in 3.

I think the one they played the most straight was Nobunaga, him literally reviving from hell with a demon stand was fun.

not gonna lie,his armor and weapon looks awesome

What game is it? he looks cool tho

>forcing people to ally with Ieyasu
Ieyasu served under Hideyoshi, not the other way around. Ieyasu was an Imagawa, then Oda, then Toyotomi vassal. He didn't gain power until after Sekigahara, which occurred after Hideyoshi's death.
>Bakumatsu times
Hideyoshi was long dead by then and there had been centuries of Tokugawa rule. The economic problems were mostly due to having a bunch of Samurai families that couldn't change profession due to the class system, but had nothing to do because there were no wars. So they just gambled and whored their way into crazy debt.
>Ieyasu kept all of the changes made by Hideyoshi
Essentially, yes. But he also went a lot further in establishing a class hierarchy and went full isolationist. This is all probably because he was paranoid about losing his power, so he wanted to implement rigid control measures. See also: abdicating from Shogun after only a few years so his son would take the title and it becomes hereditary to the Tokugawa, and completely destroying a powerless child just because he's Hideyoshi's son 15 years after seizing power. Ieyasu was clearly paranoid about losing power.
>Hideyoshi's betrayal of Nobunaga's ideals is not just hypocritical, it effectively set back Japanese society by centuries.
I completely agree with this. Nobunaga did wonders for the country and would have done an excellent job at establishing a worldwide powerhouse of a nation. You'd essentially get WWII Japan back in the 1600s.

Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes. Absolutely amazing game

as much as i love TM Revolution I really prefer the english version of the opening

I SEE MY INFINITE DREEEAMS, COMING TOOO AN EEEEEND

Attached: music therapy.webm (370x480, 2.29M)

>play both samurai heroes and sumeragi for a gorillion hours
>Now every single musou game feels like janky shit

Thanks capcom.

>Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes
It comes to my list, thanks user