Does Yea Forums consider this one bad? I liked it but i was 10 when i played and coming of the previous 3 PS1 titles...

Does Yea Forums consider this one bad? I liked it but i was 10 when i played and coming of the previous 3 PS1 titles. I thought it belonged but now i see people giving it a ton of shit.

Attached: DA590855-1A38-457A-BB34-10F6B620D235.jpg (374x500, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Cl7DzOQ79-M
youtu.be/EaXa6hPUphY
youtu.be/D2hX5NRDvC4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's basically just 3 but worse

It's not as good as the trilogy but its decent, just that it's a bit all over the place: Some levels are good, others are ass.

It's very fucking bad and should be ignored when VV makes a proper Crash 4.

Loading screens in this game are ridiculously long. Also it basically tries to ape Crash 3 without being quite as fun. But if you think 3 is the best of the original trilogy you'll definitely like this. There's lots of vehicle stages.

Good game, good soundtrack, just isnt as good as the trilogy. The china levels were comfy AF

Attached: 1548705165737.png (902x652, 364K)

>Loading screens in this game are ridiculously long

Not in the gamecube version.

It has way too many fucking non-traditional levels, I think one of the hubs has like 3 or 4 minigame levels out of 5. Coco fucking sucks too in her traditional levels, they made her like a watered down Crash for no reason.

>monkey ball levels

Oh my fucking god i forgot about this

Although it's not an outright bad game, it's problems are many

>Terrible graphics. Despite the much higher polygon count, the game looks worse than the PS1 games. The following Crash title, Crash Nitro Kart, is light years ahead in graphical quality, so it's definitely a developer screw up. And the Gamecube version is even worse, that one is just ugly.
>The movement is sloppy as hell, it doesn't look nor feel precise.
>Uninspired level design, is a Crash 3 clone (which already wasn't as inspired as earlier games), with it's gimmick level overload. It was released at a time when developers were pushing the boundaries in platformer design, and WoC played it safe by sticking to the traditions of the previous generation, making it outdated even before it's release.
>To showcase the "power of the PS2" and make it seem that they totally innovated, they made longer levels, compared to PS1-era Crash, WoC levels are twice as long, and for "variety" sake, alternate gimmick vehicle sections with platforming sections.
>The original PS2 version has very long loading times, you think the N.Sane Trilogy's were bad? You've seen nothing, WoC was MUCH worse. They were reduced on the Greatest Hits rerelease, and the Xbox port is the absolute best, with little loading and the best graphics (and ironically the very one that can't be emulated).

Attached: pura-crash-bandicoot-the-wrath-of-cortex.jpg (542x653, 74K)

Honestly it's the worst main console title in the series. Even the titan stuff had acceptable performance and tried some new things. There's legit no reason to play wrath of cortex, it's 3 but worse in every way.

>And the Gamecube version is even worse

Why is that?

I don't remember it being terrible, but I'm sure if I played Droid Void again I'd think the game was shit.

Never played it, but the worst one I ever played was twinsanity

Ah yes, they made those levels in a way where it didn't make the slightest sense. And wasted the henchmen villains (Tiny, Dingodile, N. Gin) as obstacles in these levels, instead of bosses.

The boss fights in this one fucking suck

It has worse graphics than the other versions.

holy flashbacks. that shit was like 90 seconds long.
but yeah the GH version fixed it on ps2 as well

Better than Enter the Dragonfly

The music was pretty cool, meh game
youtu.be/Cl7DzOQ79-M
youtu.be/EaXa6hPUphY
youtu.be/D2hX5NRDvC4

To it's credit, it's the first game to allow playing with Coco on non-gimmick levels. And she had her own unique moves (which sucked, but it's the intention that counts) instead of just copying Crash's. And she didn't carry that stupid laptop around (and I the only one bothered with that on the N sane trilogy?).

Attached: coco on woc.png (600x420, 317K)

It’s bad. Load times were long as fuck, all the bosses were shit, there were way too many gimmick levels, and those levels that had you rolling around in the ball were absolute trash

PS2 loading screen was comfy.

Enter the Dragonfly is worse than 06

It's not awful, just a glorified level pack for 3. Certainly better than any of the garbage that came after

>one of my favourite parts of Crash Bandicoot was discovering all the bosses and their silly personalities and wacky designs
>in this game you just fight the same dude everytime
it honestly was such a dissapointment

Attached: 1554382586140.png (500x405, 180K)

Personally i would've had the fights be tag teams with crunch so you still get the old/new guys too with a gimmick revolving around the tag team.

Something like
Tiny/Crunch
New guy/Crunch
Komodo bros/Crunch
Ngin/Crunch
Cortex/Crunch

how odd. i just finished playing this. the game is great when its just a normal crash stage. its when the game brings out gimmick stages with air plans and balls where its shits the bed (also, fuck the water underwater stages. two times i missed one box from getting a gem and the bombs kept killing me). the OST is so damn underrated.

>need relics to play the special stages

Attached: 1465143296049.png (300x325, 84K)

Name something more anti-fun than Nitro Tip-toeing.

I'll wait

Attached: 63.png (629x581, 27K)

This Crash 3 with all the flaws multiplied, all the positives halved, more vehicle levels with worse vehicles, and all the interesting bosses replaced with Crunch. It would still even be a solid game if it werent for the loading times.

the game was weay too easy. had 99 lives super quick.

anything is better than Enter the Dragonfly

Attached: 1365935102071.png (184x184, 51K)

Everything felt very lazy and slapped together
I remember the theme was supposed to be the elemental masks but almost of none of their levels matched the theme

It was fun, only thing that sucked was the submarine levels.