Guild Wars 2 War Eternal

In the book of Balthazar it is written:
War is life, and life is brief. Death comes.
But death is not death, that breathes life into others,
And life is not life, that never dares to risk.
The world is loss and grief, and faith, and hope.
Then take heart, and rejoin the war eternal.
For it may be that death is not the end,
But possibly the end of the beginning.

Attached: hqdefault.png (480x360, 89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bKJSC_mteIg
youtu.be/b8G-KryZUQA
wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Battle_of_Champion's_Dusk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Tell my why I shouldn't play this
I'm itching for an MMORPG

It's the worst MMO on the market

Please elaborate

Where the fuck is my playable fucking Tengu?

Can't. Even as f2p it cures my itch very well.

Where the fuck is my fuckable tengu

terribly written game shits all over the first game's lore and involves sjw pandering

removal of the trinity results in the entire game being a dps race thanks to dodge rolls negating all damage and skill pool is fucking tiny compared ot the first game because they attempted to make it an action game and fucked up because it feels nowhere near tight enough to qualify as an action game

you could try it out and see if you like it but every single max level fight is just standing in one spot mostly and stacking might aside from a specific type of dungeon that has some ok bosses

this game has disappointed me a lot, but if you can actually fly with the new mount instead of the shitty gliding you get with gryphons, it might be worth sinking a few more hours in

>terribly written game shits all over the first game's lore and involves sjw pandering
never care about story in mmo so i can probably live with this
>removal of the trinity results in the entire game being a dps race thanks to dodge rolls negating all damage and skill pool is fucking tiny compared ot the first game because they attempted to make it an action game and fucked up because it feels nowhere near tight enough to qualify as an action game
this sounds sucks, so no roles at all in parties?

>this sounds sucks, so no roles at all in parties?
aside from the meta pvp mode not really, there's just worse and better classes at dps and if you dont own the dlc that opens up certain subclasses you won't be able to compete

I always want to like this game but every time I look it disappoints me.

there are roles in raid like druids do heal somewhat and chronomancer does grab aggro somewhat but the roles are not very traditional and it's mostly about stacking boons and conditions based on group composition.

the game has no vertical progression though so I'd stay far away if you don't like that.

came to post this
I want to find an MMO
gw2 is really pretty but the game itself is so fucking awful I can't play for more than an hour before uninstalling

Core engineer is the only unviable one.

It is better than wow or every gook shit I’ve touched.

everything is a big piece of shit, I wouldn't say it's better, just the same awful shit in its on way

Every mmo is complete shit right now so that's not really saying much.

it's not about being viable it's about meeting meta expectations

most modern mmos are just garbage, GW1 wasn't even an mmo and it shits on most modern mmos

fuck that shit, where's the playable kodan?

I would like gw2 more if generic-viking-mans, furries, rats, and cabbage patch kids weren't in the game.

Don’t get cocky now, mouse.

Attached: Smug Charr.jpg (330x374, 37K)

If there will be next Xpack, they could add more races, that would be cool. But it will took hella of time to record all dialogues of pstory.. lol

>generic-viking-mans

What's disappointing was that the Norn were a lot more interesting in Eye of the North. Their personality was that of stoic hunters and their ability to shapeshift was a lot more important to their identity. Another thing was that only a handful of Norn turned up to hunt the great destroyer because a single norn was actually pretty dangerous by themselves. In Guild Wars 2, they became meme le drink heavy XDDDD vikings, did absolutely nothing for seven years in the story and ArenaNet opted for making racial abilities into sub-optimal garbage, ensuring that no sane player would ever use norn shapeshifting elites.

Attached: 1520049659062.png (500x375, 267K)

The biggest issue with GW2 is that it releases content at an agonisingly slow pace and it's painfully clear how much emphasis they put on releasing gem store weapon skins over releasing actual content.
Which is a shame because GW2 has easily some of the strongest PvE content not only in MMOs but in games as a whole. The raid team had some real talent behind it, and when they release new story content it's always fully voice acted, has new maps, and often times features new mechanics that change how you approach the game without it being some trial and error UI element.

Don't play this game if you like minmaxing and grinding more numbers to win, the game's best aspects are how it rewards players for knowing what they're doing not just in specific encounters but being able to adapt to situations using rules the game taught you.
Very rarely do you find yourself in situations you can't overcome by reacting to what the game throws at you better, since the game operates on a relatively basic set of rules that you learn from the start so when it presents you with challenges the solution is always there so long as you have the ability to observe and adapt. There's always multiple solutions to the harder content in the game because the building blocks of the combat are so versatile.

It's seriously lacking in fluff elements though, stuff like player housing and guild activities to keep people coming back to dick around with. It has combat and fashion, both of which are really strong, but not much else, which causes people to burn out pretty regularly.

I feel kind of hypocritical praising it so much because I myself have stopped playing it, but I won't deny that for 11k hours it was a blast. I almost wish there was a gear treadmill a la WoW because it'd give me more goals to work towards.

youtube.com/watch?v=bKJSC_mteIg

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 97K)

>11k hours
oh shit what the fuck were you doing in the game

The GW2 dev team from day 1 has shown a total ignorance and uncaring for the source material that continues to this day even with a lot of the origianl GW2 team being gone. Humans lost their defining attribute and were themed on one of their enemies of GW1. Charr just changed ENTIRELY. Asura lost anything tribal they once had. Norn are Norn in name alone in GW2. And Sylvari are just mary sues literally designed for another setting.

Attached: D3lFD3bUcAAgXQk.jpg (650x1200, 66K)

GW2 is more of a sandbox than a gear-grind mmo.

You kind of just play it to unlock achievements and craft legendaries, anything outside of that is just whatever you personally want to achieve.

Class fantasy is kind of weak though, the only real positive I can say about GW2 is that each new expansion/Raid doesn't powercreep the older content.

who /gandara/

If you're going to play go for mounts, easily the best aspect of GW2.

I was.
Uninstalled.

just kidding im gunnar. we're linked with sfr right now and sitting at 3rd place, gonna end in 3rd place, too, because our servers can't get along for some reason. plus, we're fighting RoS and AR

Fuck you, furfag. You degenerates already have the charr to erp with.
PLAYABLE TENGU WHEN.
CANTHA WHEN.
Never ever.

But... Guild Wars 2 is really bad game. Compared to first game, this one is beyond recovery. Devs still haven't fixed huge amount of issues game had since the release. PvP is still a laughing stock.

If you don't care about story in MMOs then skip this one. It's pretty much all story and like 1% gameplay.

Doing dailies with friends, exploring the world for various reasons, chilling in WvW zones and defending forts with guildmates, etc
For a long time I had a (mostly) static raid team and we'd get together to raid two days a week every week (except for when we managed to clear everything in one night)
I mastered a few meme builds, spent a lot of time making new builds and playing around with them. People claim to be frustrated that GW2 is less freeform with class building than GW1 was (it technically is) but GW2 is also way more structured while still being leagues more complicated than most games.

Honestly GW2's mount game is crazy strong, they play more like different vehicles, affecting how you go about traversing terrain (instead of being a plain movement speed increase), which causes most of the maps to be designed like an old PS2 3D platformer like Jak or ratchet and clank, which is just a treat to play.

"pvp is a laughing stock"
git gud

- formerly top 20

>not posting the trailer
youtu.be/b8G-KryZUQA

Yeah, I legitimately have not played another game with a better mount system than GW2, easily by far the best defining feature of it at the moment.

WoW and FFXIV mounts just feel like passive speed boosts, GW2 mounts completely change how your movement feels and even contributes to combat.

The only thing I wish GW2 had was denser mob packs in the overworld and they made open map grinding an activity to do, but because they just bus everyone to max level ASAP the journey feels really shallow and lackluster, there's a real problem with the whole "i hit level 80 and now I feel like I have nothing to do" mentality that goes on.

Who here ERP

Attached: 1545094052257.png (1280x1079, 1.53M)

disgusting asuran

Futa Norns OUT
Only qt asura's deserve to be in GW2 general

Attached: 1551185624910.jpg (900x900, 282K)

The gw2 community is the biggest reason why the game isn't enjoyable.

i'm a sylvari female

Got banned for two months recently for saying fack you matherfacker, I fack youre mather with two black. I only regret not calling the streamers outright niggers. faggot game

Attached: 8enukkzs37x21.jpg (399x355, 43K)

I uninstalled and then played Tera, that's how bad gw2 is

so how many people did you bribe to leave?

>GW2 general
funny thing about that

Attached: 1528818226246.png (454x404, 158K)

This threads shows exactly why gw2g is botspammed.

0. i played herald for most of it and swapped to scrapper every so often

Not any more, and not for many many years now.
You faggots ruined it with your constant race to the bottom.

Eh, they're all harmless normalfags. Just stay the hell away from the ERP scene.

>still unable to create a gw2 general in /vg/ or even /trash/
>mods still haven't done anything about it
It's incredible a furry tranny can get away with such blatant faggotry.

>knowing who the streamers are
you're the only faggot here. there isn't a single GW2 streamer who is even famous. you are just that desperate

>git gud
PvP is so brainless, even a dog in sunglasses could win a game. In GW1 at least you had to think about your builds... in 2nd game you don't even have to think, just ran and spam all the buttons to win.

Since when is Commander a nigger?

Should you play GW2 in 2019? An Overview
16:40
360p

that's zafirah, not the commander you turbonigger

wrong

Attached: Zafirah.jpg (356x893, 241K)

>there isn't a single GW2 streamer who is even famous.
dat makes me think why - games has no meme potential or what? That guy Teabag or whatever always in first spot with few hundreds but that;s about it on casual day.

Attached: 1553604629619.jpg (1920x1080, 697K)

imo gw2 pvp doesn't seem fun to me. It's all capture points right? So it seems like people just stall on points until other people rotate to outnumber people. Either that or it's just running away and playing musical chairs on points. If the game was actually balanced around deathmatch or killing lords it'd be more interesting imo.

Hey, show some respect for our new Yass Qween of War.

They tried to introduce a pseudo MOBA game mode, but it was shit and no one played it, so we're stuck with conquest mode from now until the end of time.

they should've just made a deathmatch mode and balanced around that.

>killing lords
wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Battle_of_Champion's_Dusk

PvP is due a rework. WvW is really good on the other hand, atleast ifyou're a roamer. Can't quite speak for blobs/zerging, they seem mindless.

I know for a fact 3 of those norns are futas
I am one of them

They did also have one map where it was a death match, but people complained and it was removed.

Attached: 1539478068469.png (564x473, 407K)

I really hate WvW blob fights. 40 guys circlejerking on puddles and fire circles and making explosions to stack buffs is completely retarded.

you serious? jesus christ I knew the gw2 community was bad but I'd never guess they were THAT bad.

The commander is (You). You can be whatever you want to be. Recent expansion takes you to Elona which is like fantasy Africa. Fill in character for the purpose of filling the (You) slot for these trailers and promotional videos absent (You) is Elonian per the current story/expansion focus. It was a human (Core) and a sylvari (HoT) previously.

They tried that too. Didn't get many players. It's still there in custom play. It's just not played.

There's always a group of people in zergs who walk off to the sides. If it's an organized zerg, too, there's usually more than spamming AoEs. You'd be surprised, but I'd still stick to roaming with 2/3 friends and capping camps and sieging towers in the middle of nowhere. It's comfier.

>wrong

Attached: havingfunallthetime.jpg (325x473, 38K)

I played GW2 for over 1000 hours because it was so CLOSE to being really good, and I was always hoping that the devs would come out with a new patch that blows everyone away. But it never happened. The devs consistently over-promise and under-deliver.

Play FFXIV or even WoW over this.

Don't give me that shit, the mini-afro nigger kneeling before the corpse of Aurene, he has been in every trailer for big patches before. He is our stand in.

Dead game with soap opera-tier story, sjw pandering and 0 gameplay

Oh. I didn't even notice. See:
though.

GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT you vermin are the reason gw2g doesnt even exist anymore seriously you deviants taint any fucking conversation

>WoW
why waste money for that heap of shit
hasnt been good since CATA

Generals literally don't happen because a furry charr player got bullied by everyone in the general. It's nothing to do with ERP faggot.

go fuck yourself that's literally what i was talking about the autism involved with that shit and the gw2g guild in gw2 go hand in hand

No it doesn't. It's literally just one furry nigger going crazy because he was called out for being a furry nigger who then made a bot script.
Stop being a drama faggot, faggot.

oh fuck off gw2g was designated asura ERP shithole months before that shit went down

>5 posts in a 200 post general makes it asura erp general
I'm starting to suspect you're the butt hurt furry tranny in question.

you must be a massive fucking faggot to be willing to deny that the culture fostored in gw2g didn't directly cause that hyper autistic faggot to show up to begin with

literally half the thread was asura and femchar ERP / waifuposting at any given time

Oh fuck you really ARE the furry tranny! HAHAHAHHAHA holy fuck how are you butt mad after this many years? I mean.. Holy shit hahahahahaha!
Seriously now that you're here, can I ask why you're such an autistic nigger?

>Oh fuck you really ARE the furry tranny! HAHAHAHHAHA holy fuck how are you butt mad after this many years? I mean.. Holy shit hahahahahaha!
this is what im talking about, this type of autism is what ruined gw2g

at any rate have a nice day im not interesting in having an autism contest

Holy shit I can't believe that you're still running that bot it's so fucking hilarious!
Are you jewish? You sound jewish. I mean the fact you have obvious schizophrenia and are allowed near a computer is really interesting.

jezus christ dude you can calm down now

at any rate dude this whole last bit of the thread is why you shouldn't bother, the only types of people to play this shit normalfags and furries

This game got really good like a year after POE came out. I'm enjoying it a lot more now and I'm super excited for the new episode. Having a Griffon mount really changes how the game is played. I hope this new mount has the utility of the griffon for newer players.

That being said this game sucks for new players because you need the first two expansions AND the living world season 4 to get the most out of the game.

>No pet focused class that's viable

That's the biggest sin of this game, where are the pet classes? They even nerfed Druid pets, SoulBeast doesn't play like a pet class and necromancer minions are super weak and outdated.

Attached: 1527293171608.png (640x462, 526K)

Why are you pretending to be someone else furry tranny? How does it feel that you are hated by an entire community?

but user what if YOU are the furry tranny?

UHHH OHHH HE DID IT HE GON DONE DID IT!
NO U

there's literally no way for either of us to prove our claims so i'll just keep replying and see what happens next

Furry Tranny boy
Kept making furry erp art of his charr
Kept posting in /gw2g/
Made everyone hate him because he's a furry tranny
People told him to fuck off and die
But furry tranny tried and tried!
Then furry tranny got a bot from his furry tranny friends!
and runs it all weekend!
Because he got bullied on the internet
FAGGOT

Furry tranny boy!
Is hated through and through
Is a filthy schizo jew
His beady eyes and hooked nose schnozz
Prevents him from being the boss!
Furry tranny
Is a fucking schizo
Because he can't get anyone to like his erpO
Because he's a fat furry tranny which every one knew
Because he's a filthy schizo JEW

>custom play
big boy rewards are in structured ranked and unranked so thats what all the bots and game riggers are playing
no one plays customs but the noobiest of noobs or the clueless

wew lad

i cant even tell whos trolling who anymore

You don't feel progression. I mean you kill with same speed as at lvl 1. The only progression is - Fassion .

A "furry charr player got bullied" because they were shitting up every general with their furfaggotry.

Oooooh furry tranny
can't make any friends
and alienated several hundred mannys
because he's a filthy furry tranny!
He is a failure at being a man
and dilates his axe hole
with a frying pan!
OH FURRY TRANNY
got a bot from his furry mates
and so butthurt with all the hate
makes a billion posts on every general to date
because he's a filthy schizo jew loving all the bait!
OH FURRY TRANNY

give us another one

This. You're not going to want to play this game for the structured PvP. The player pool is nonexistent and so the MMR is volatile; you'll be in extremely lopsided games (steamroll or steamroll'd) and at the highest end the players are multiaccount faglords who rig the games with utter impunity. They might get a slap on the wrist or something but the entire modes a joke, theres no motivation to climb or compete and the only real reason anyone is there is to farm the reward tracks. Any real PvP from this game you're going to get out of the WvW (Realm VS Realm VS Realm) mode either in zerg surfing flavor or highwayman style roaming, either solo or with a small squad and it's legitimately fun for what it is.

The game does PvE the best, probably the best MMO out right now all things considered.

Attached: Uv0fsy8.jpg (1629x1080, 309K)

GW2 is a good ARP like diablo or PoE. I wouldn't go into it expecting WoW, Galaxies, or Everquest

look at some of these posts and tell me you would want to do anything for these kinds of 'people'
the better posters have already fucked off to greener pastures
it can rest in piss
cant even have a Yea Forums thread about the latest update without the usual suspects coming along to fag it up

Attached: 1489749909922.png (245x279, 78K)

Biggest sin of the game is that it's shit, with extremely spread out updates that you then do the story of in 2-3 hours and then proceed to autistically endlessly grind an event train in for meagre rewards.

Is gw2 still optimized like complete garbage? A few years ago I remember thinking it was one of the shittiest running games I ever saw.

>cire engi
>unviable

Attached: 66D06249-C9F7-4A2C-814E-8EEB4D1899D0-2858-000007510E924950.gif (300x290, 1.74M)

Yup. Depending on how many years maybe it's gotten a smidgen better? But it's still optimized like horseshit and world events with a ton of players will bring even the beefiest rigs down to ~20FPS or less.

Sadly, yes. It runs on DX9 for some reason, but there is a player-created mod in beta that allows you to run it in DX12 and greatly improves performance. Surpisingly, though, the game still runs fine in group events unlike
said. You'll barely feel any lag in WvW zerg fights or major group events. Atleast from my experience.

its a good game desu, the biggest problem over the years was issues with the dev teams and it seems like they took several serious steps to fix that

they brought back the trinity though, the removal thing is a 2012-2013 meme

you have to go into the options and reduce the model number and model quality, it plays fine once the majority of massive mobs of people are just generic replacement models

imagine downloading windows 10 to download and run an unsupported patch to fix a games shortcomings
imagine that they might just turn around and mass ban everyone thats using it because it provides an unfair advantage to non-users or some shit
imagine, user
because its happened before over less

Attached: 1516109837727.jpg (2048x1560, 423K)

GW2's only advantages are a relatively generous inventory and actually super interesting mounts.The instanced content is bad, the WvW is pure trash and dead even though it got a pop boost a few weeks ago, and the open world content that's supposed to be a draw for the game is pathetically trivial to the point that any grouping or socialization is going to hold you back more than it helps you (and it's mostly dead outside of the designated daily zone).

If you want F2P, I'd consider ESO first.

The only possible way I could ever so much as consider touching this steaming pile of hellfire'd shit is if they somehow killed every single character in the storyline, reverted all custom models for asura and charr to pre-HoT, remade every possible weapon into actually just weapons, and allowed for the due skill customization the game supposedly promises (and never delivers, as 95% of the already small pool of skills, are simply useless all around.)

But we both know this will never happen, because they fired most of the people that even bothered to show up to work on this abomination, which only gets worse every passing "living" world, and the only reason this corpse stands alive today is to syphon money from the MMO-starved furries so that NCSoft doesn't bring the hatchet down on Arenanet and kills them for good as they honestly deserve.

Attached: trader[1].jpg (400x225, 10K)

ESO isn't even f2play though

the f2p component of gw2 is all the old shit that is inferior to the newer shit

still, even the f2p stuff is a few hundred hours worth i guess

All good cosmetics seem to be behind a paywall. Yes you can grind gold for gems.
Yes it takes a long time.
It's terrible for RP.