youtu.be/p5CsGK2uJak
uploadvr.com/microsoft-torc-haptic-controller/
youtube.com/watch?v=jh5b_Mb75Eo
youtube.com/watch?v=qhy2hkprNXY
3dtv.reteig.com/Why_3D_TV_Is_The_Future_Of_TV_Entertainment.php
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/461050362/#461101067
youtu.be/qh2UdRKNqH4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm really curious about that port on the front. The whole design is a huge step up from the Vive, and the extra 20 degrees of FOV is gonna be huge. My biggest issue with the Vive is that it feels like you're wearing a snorkling mask in terms of FOV.

That price tag though... jesus christ.

They've already said the port is for "idk up to you lol :)"

What does that even mean

It's too much but at least it will probably go down 50% in a year or two like the Vive, making it more affordable.
The only problem I have is WHERE'S THE GAMES VALVE?!

WHOO! Can't wait to play VRchat and post-purchase rationalization with my new headset!

Fuck you and your faux hype, There's nothing except demos.

Attached: 4587989479084487.png (392x391, 55K)

It's crazy how they post-purchase rationalization themselves into upgrading their vive
Don't they know it's not fun?

doesnt new vr tech just dishearten the goobers who bought the old tech and if they're too sheepish to buy a second headset there's no one left to buy

it means you can put a LCD screen there with cool images/scrolling text

>DO NOT DISTURB

Why bother when you can play the best VR games with a headset that's half the price? The best VR games being shit btw

why?

>missing out on the only new thing to happen in gaming in over a decade

Attached: 16486.png (1829x461, 72K)

I'm in my Samsung odyssey now in my wmr home watching twitch and posting this. This headset is beautiful and very comfortable I won't be upgrading it

Attached: 20190509_081805_MixedReality.jpg (1920x1080, 325K)

What kind of GPU do you have?

I'm worried about upgrading my headset to something with a higher resolution with my current PC

It's just an extra usb port so third parties and homebrewers can make accessories.

Yeah, but you have to admit that the games are shit still. There's no must-haves yet, and nothing to truly warrant the price tag for someone who is looking for worthwhile entertainment value.

>HOLY FUCK I'M EXCITED FOR THE INDEX
Well don't be because VR is a meme gimmick fad that is already: over.

Attached: yoshino creepy.gif (500x275, 1.98M)

uh user we don't enjoy things or get excited about them here

I take it you haven't played Broken Seal yet. It's pretty much Diablo for VR with voice-controlled magic casting.

>Making new headsets
>Not making new games
What the fuck is wrong with this generation? It's the same shit with consoles. People will buy them for the games alone, Make them.

Yeah but you could say that for any tech, the internet didn't have videos and smartphones were just "personal organizers" at one point but people who weren't normalfags still wanted to play around with them
It's a ground zero to get into for those who like that kind of thing

>voice-controlled magic casting
Sounds awful. Looks like unfinished ass btw.

HLVR strings have been "leaked" pretty consistently
They need a new orange box though not just a single game

That's risky for the devs, be nice and buy the headset first.

Too many of the games simply rely on the gimmick of VR to be "fun". I do like Dolphin VR though, since those games were never meant to be played in VR in the first place.

i bet you don't even play games

This is why VR won't take off in a while. You keep shilling absolute shit mediocre games that are even too shit for mobile phones. It's a fucking joke, you guys are a joke.

I have a gtx 1060-maxQ in my laptop. The GPU is just fine. However my CPU is an i5-7300HQ and that's not ideal for VR. So I'm going to sell this laptop and get a desktop. I run super hot and beat saber at 90 fps but other games run like shit. Because of my CPU.

Just get a 1060 or 1070 to be safe. Or a 580

shoo dev

Meh, I play games, I'm not a techie. I'm only a techie insofar as it improves gaming for me, which VR isn't doing yet.

VR dev here

the vr controllers fucking suck
xbox 360 controller + headset is the only thing i enjoy

am i wrong?

Attached: OK.jpg (1920x1080, 220K)

Fucking vive dildos sure suck

it's probably going to be relegated to leap motion and/or wireless addons

Seethe harder poorfags

you're fucking shit at coding if you prefer xbox 360 controller to motion controls

you probably can't even get IK rigging right, scrub

Already did, Just want more games now.

Attached: 34987785324189.png (566x344, 268K)

>don't want to play my 4/10 game? u must be poor lol
We get it, you're out of arguments. No need to be sour over it too.

The HMD itself is shockingly LOW priced, for what it is and offers. It's the controllers and lighthouses which are giving everyone sticker-shock. They're both over 50% higher than their pre-reveal guesstimated prices (based on significant real evidence).

Comparing the Index itself versus any of its nearest peers ie. the Vive Pro or Pimax 5k+, there is no question whatsoever. Even versus the higher-spec WMRs ie. Samsung Odyssey+ or HP Reverb, the WMRs have the advantage of their price including tracking and controllers, but those tracking and controllers are garbage.

I was going to get a 1070 external GPU because I have a NUC, but I heard that external GPUs have a serious bottleneck problem so I'll probably spend the extra money to get one with a RTX 2070

Thanks for the advice

ya... motion controls sure are cool..........

Attached: 1554264847701.png (963x900, 172K)

>:

Attached: suzu kiss katawa.gif (560x560, 1.31M)

You're not wrong. Astro Bot is the best VR game atm and it's played perfectly fine with a dualshock. The motion controllers are overrated and I don't see them encouraging good game design.

>PS4 fag
Say no more.

I'm guessing that port is for a magic leap?
What else could go in there

>Waggle fag
Maybe if you bought consoles on top of having a good PC you would have realized how fucking lame the Wiimotes and Kinect were.

i don't want to move around. i don't want to flail my arms around. i don't want to yell at my games. i tried vr and it was neat but i don't see myself using it for entertainment.

Jup.
Owned a rift for more than 2 years.
Nothing worthwhile has come out next to beat saber in over a whole year

But PC can use a controller?

Attached: 1498871317719.jpg (1200x630, 369K)

my dick

>Wiimotes and Kinect
Had both growing up, This is something else, Have you actually tried a vive?

>more hardware with nogaems
I thought the vive was Valve's thing??

Attached: 1549523296218.jpg (640x480, 46K)

Stop being deliberately obtuse and playing coy you shithead, you replied before to detract from the argument that motion controllers suck dick.

>magic leap
I meant leap motion
who allowed these two companies in the exact same subsection to name themselves so similarly

>lower resolution than the chinkmax 5k+
Meh...

Attached: terriblejoke.gif (500x281, 1.99M)

It means PAY MY KICKSTARTER YOU SHITLORD!

>This is something else
It isn't. Gamecube also had a microphone attachment for some games and that was faggot shit too. All this crap has been done before and already recognized as the gimmicks they are.

That was my first post to you actually I just saw a shit argument

Have you tried it?

>running two 1440p monitors at 90+hz

Attached: 1531467579687.png (333x333, 152K)

>I'm a VR Dev!
>I don't like Motion Controls!
>They're bad and will always be bad!

Why do you lie samefag? There's no reason to, you're not impressing anyone.

so you jumped into a conversation without any context and made a useless statement.

>tfw you do this with wiimotes
youtube.com/watch?v=NspPu01hKWs

No shit, retard.

htc and valve split apparently

>VR dev
sure

you're nogaems gimmick machines aren't impressing anyone either

Not an argument my fellow channer

Attached: vthevidya.jpg (573x201, 55K)

Prove it

is this the future of fps montages

wait wtf

Attached: 15151513.png (539x216, 13K)

Can't, but this isn't a valid argument. Motion controls are still motion controls and current VR games are still bad games.

Unless you're literally retarded motion controls are fine, but from all of the arguments you made with no evidence to support your onions filled rage. Sorry to break it to you like this La Creatura.

You just made a bad point and I refuted it

Attached: nod really.png (801x577, 7K)

motion controls are "fine" in the sense that they work but they are still stupid and bad.

eye tracking and foveated rendering WHEN

Attached: D6Ec_mxW0AApCCF.jpg (1536x2048, 351K)

>VR dev here
>xbox 360 controller is the only thing i enjoy

you failed at life and in your profession. time to kill yourself subhuman console feces eater

>motion controls are fine
Maybe if you're a girl or peak casual who prefers sports and dancing to playing video games.

>Can't
Then shut the fuck up cunt, Go play your gaystaion 4 lmao

the conversation was about vr controllers and their quality, not whether or not vr games could use controllers.

VR dev here.
You're retarded and don't understand what makes VR appealing, now go back to playing with your unity starter demos.

You must be a dev with stakes in this or you're underage, there's no way you'd defend the current state of VR games otherwise.

>higher clarity than Vive Pro despite being significantly higher FOV at enormously higher refresh rate, for 60% the cost

>Maybe if you bought consoles on top of having a good PC
Why would user need to buy a console to become enlightened as to the superiority of controllers?

HL3 as an index exclusive would be a system seller. I don’t understand what valve is going for here. A more expensive VR headset with no new games? For what purpose?

The HMDs are what's appealing. Motion controls aren't. Everyone who disagrees is a casual.

Everytime there's a VR thread I search for "HMD" because there's that one user that always uses the term and his responses are always very well versed
Once again, there you are
It's hard to find people not talking out their assess about VR
Thank you

Attached: anigif_sub-buzz-13593-1557090776-1.gif (360x201, 455K)

pcgamer.com/uk/valve-vr-game/

All depends on if they can even make games anymore

I like both but prefer gamepads . Like I really do . Sucks they aren't always supported

i'd post tux pepe but you wouldn't see my webm

Attached: vr tester1.webm (934x506, 1.48M)

I'm defending the fact motion controls are better for VR than a controller, You would have to be a cretin to say otherwise

Yeah, I own an htc Vice and feel a little betrayed. valve should make a VR game

eye tracking would be incredibly jarring unless you had really really high fps

After you buy the 1,000 dollar headset.

Motion controls are worse for video games.

Not every game should be first person motion controls or you're limiting the platform

>doesnt new vr tech just dishearten the goobers who bought the old tech
Dropping 500 bucks every few years isn't very much for a person's hobby user. I've had a DK2, Vive and not I've preordered the Index and havent really blinked

I thought foveated rendering was already integrated?

Only in the viveproeye, which as far as I know isn't available to consumers

VR without motion controls isn't a "platform", it's a gimmick on top of a traditional game.
If you think actual physical motion is somehow more limited than a static action abstraction known as a controller then you are sorely mistaken.

youtu.be/hA7ivJK7YjI?t=37

to realize how lame wiimotes and kinect were. seemed pretty obvious to me.

Wow you sure showed them. What a great feat in game development. Literally 30 minutes of work for a average amateur. This is why people make fun of people who claim they are "devs".

>If you think actual physical motion is somehow more limited than a static action abstraction known as a controller then you are sorely mistaken.
I don't, I just think there is room for controller games in VR
Not everyone wants to get up and fuck around every single time they put on a headset

I love the concept of VR and think it's super cool but theres still not an big 'killer app' to sell it on outside of VR Chat if you're into that sort of thing

I need an MMO. That's the endgame. Then I'll be all over it

Is refresh rate that important to gameplay?
Or its to make people less motion sick?
I find hard to see how many games will be able to run like that without some console bullshit upscaling or other gimmick like interpolation.

Like its hard to do it better than a diamond pentile display by samsung, also the odyssey has the exact same panel and cost 300 burgers.

So hol up
He should avoid modern 1:1 VR controllers because wiimotes and kinect were imprecise?
wat

>$300 for a pair of lighthouses
Who thought that was a great idea?

Attached: lmao.gif (800x449, 3.2M)

Their issue wasn't that they were imprecise. Their issue was that:

1. they produced horrible games.

2. they were just unappealing to use. people don't want to get up and move around when playing video games.

>I just think there is room for controller games in VR
Of course there's room for ports, but gimmickry obviously shouldn't be the focus of the platform.

Ah yes, not actually being able to gun, sword, pilot your way, man sounds like you have stick arms, or are just fat and can't handle moving around.

How and in what capacity my dudette? Especially when we have the Oculus Touch which has the best tracking and also physical buttons? I could see if you were talking about something like the Wii or Ds3/4 where its nothing but aiming or the Vive which is a bad time in gay baby jail but that doesn't mean its stupid to want to actually control shit. Hell the Ps3's Dildo works well with its games.

If you don't like it or can't adapt then stop bitchin and go back to shitting the bed.

Attached: 1484878357016.png (480x480, 299K)

OBSESSED
do share your own work though
you do have your own vr game right?

Attached: 1556839236309.png (245x135, 73K)

Only a console fag can be this stupid, Don't reply to me.

It is when you don’t feel like you got your money’s worth. Don’t feel like taking down my vive sensors, replacing them, and getting a whole new headset that’s twice the price. VR needs to work on being more affordable and having a killer app

Fantasy is fucking begging for a good VR game
Not just the swordfighting and magical rune stuff but the minor things
>fishing in different spots by rowing your boat to island reefs
>mining and stuffing [Ore] into your backpack
>blacksmithing weapons by actually heating/striking/cooling them
>hiding in a bush from some Rathian motherfucker because you want to steal and cook her egg
>herb picking and alchemy with manual mortar and pestles and bubbling beakers
All the cozy shit that in WoW was just a meter filling up

The "ur fat" argument is fucking retarded. If this was movies we were talking about and we were talking about having to move the pedals on a bike in order for the movie to continue playing you wouldn't make this argument because it's clear as day how fucking retarded and undesirable that would be. Motion controllers aren't all that different. People play video games to chill and relax, not to get their fucking weekly exercise routine in.

Games that can't support gamepads by design are ALWAYS worse than games that can, because motion controls SUCK for gaming. Nuff fuckin said.

Ps I make 600k+ a year. It isn’t that I can’t afford the upgrade, I just don’t see the point

I can agree with that, I remember Wiisports becoming a sitting game for everyone
There should definitely not be some weird limitation that VR only uses motion controls

>Games that can't support gamepads by design
Or mouse and keyboard of course, didn't mean to exclude it here.

Lose weight.

Easily the worst part.
I put my Vive up for sale and fags kept messaging me about buying the base stations separately.

Gamepad makes sense for flight, racing type games

>VR was totally not made for a cockpit experience and totally made to stand in a middle of a room with 2 overpriced IR lights and wii motes doing poses

This is why this shit will never "take off" because it was just a bunch of simfags fooling everyone else into thinking that VR is the future so they could get their hands on a HMD with good resolution and low latency.

Attached: 61Xi394CKgL._SX569_.jpg (569x509, 19K)

>exercise once a week

Go to the gym and stop shitting up video games.

And you're right, but the mass appeal of vr is to actually be in the gaming space, not be a spectator with a better seat. Now Moss, Astrobot, and Lucky's tale are good examples but unless you're willing to go all out and make you have to look around the world to find goodies and hidden secrets I don't see the point when you can just play on a normal screen. Like with the 3DS there weren't any games that utilized the 3D to do anything other than look good except for literally ONE game in the form of Mario3D land.

Attached: 856544121453.png (627x621, 323K)

Can't get an Index because Canada. I would like a HMD with roomscale and good tracking, but I refuse to get any of the common options:
>vive
shitty SDE
>Rift CV1
low resolution
>Rift S
can't knowingly use a device which I know has downgraded specs like single screen and lower Hz, as well as lower resolution than their mobile option.
>Pimax
chinkshit and is sold standalone.
Guess I will get the O+ when it is on sale, or hopefully Samsung will announce another revision for it along with more cameras if M$ gets their head out of their ass and develop drivers.

Anybody have that webm of the guy playing labo vr on the couch?

I wonder what the fuck is stopping them from selling to you guys
Or at least stopped the preorders

Get a dirt cheap Lenovo until the Index is available to you.

Especially if it's your first headset, you will be disappointed spending the extra money on the O+ when the Index comes out and has the exact same resolution. It would barely be worth the upgrade.
Lenovos are like 150 bucks and still have a higher resolution than the base vive

What did Gaben mean by this?

Attached: 1554233826691.png (512x236, 157K)

The amount of retardation that you see in VR thread on this shithole.

This is what's worrying me most, honestly. That and the NDA that's still on just it. What the fuck are they hiding.

Can I run VR on the Index on a 1050?

Attached: VYRQYEq.jpg (800x682, 26K)

The combine are cybernetically enhanced apes

Probably. Check the steam page, there is a benchmark tool to test it

I kinda get why that is, at least for the controllers. The grip sensing thing is really cool and I can’t wait for things that use it to come out. It’s like step one towards haptic gloves.

Sure, with the right settings and expectations

Just note though, a big selling point for the Index is the 120hz display, and with a vive pro (similar resolution), I still can't hit a steady 90fps with the more demanding games running on an i7 9700k and a HTC 2080. So keep your expectations reasonable

it would be extremely painful

Attached: 1537979990596.jpg (1094x767, 143K)

/thread

And then brown/yellow people actually fell for it and started pushing VR way farther in directions no one actually cared about.

Won't hit the 120/144hz but it might be ok

Damn nigga I hit a nerve something fierce, listen here kiddo if its a movie you sit down and watch it "nuff said" when you play a game you do actions and have control. VR is control + and motion controls are simply that extra boost to what would just be an average experience. The argument made no sense for VR, and moving your arms around is not exercise when the controllers are lighter than the base if not the same weight. Thanks for proving that you're that small minority that can't adapt to something so minuscule as physical movement. Also there's a large quantitiy of VR games that let you use your precious mouse n keyboard. Also ur fat.

Attached: cb5fe84c-8a29-4ab7-9faa-99f5a31e08ae.gif (300x300, 188K)

It's retarded. I had bought a O+ and playtested it for 3 weeks to satiate my desire for VR until the index was announced. Saw the "Upgrade your experience" page and then returned the O+. I thought I was being clever for playing VR for free until valve saved me. Now I have no VR :(

Nice try chang but VR will go down as another white man invention

sims actually feel like shit in VR

it's like the whole car/airplane is strapped to your face. the resolution is garbage so you can't see anything, can't see your keyboard, mouse is better than motion controls for interacting with cockpit too

big high res monitor with headtracking is way better

Nice try Abdul but it won't because it's shit.

>sim
>mouse
>no freelook
what the fuck are you doing

Great logic you actual retard

I really have to test out how reliable the Rift S is gonna track things. I like the idea of using the cameras to see your room in real time and don#t want to dish out over 1000€ for a meme.

using headtracking to look around like I said

>using m+kb with sims

they really need to just start making decent budget sex games on steam
only based volcels buy headsets anyway

Fags like you are why modern games are movies with gameplay as an afterthought.

explain how the vehicle is strapped to your face

I can partially agree in that with my Vive it wasn't worth it at all but now I have something better I wouldn't want to play them on a monitor
SDE has really held VR back and I don't understand the people who don't consider clarity the #1 priority

>Rift version 1.5.5
>not a meme

Would only care if there was a dicksucking belt of some kind

>VR isn't the future because I haven't played with one outside of a Kiosk at my local gamestop.

Sorry but it is the future, that's why it keeps getting better and leaves a positive impression on people who can handle it and understand what they want from it. Fuck outta here.

Attached: 1545225069517.jpg (867x1193, 94K)

youtube.com/watch?v=vkEfDxJGpEw
Play Audica.

>that's why the headsets keeps getting better
Fixed that for you. The games are as shit as they were 3 years ago.

most VR games immerse you in 3D space
sim games you move the vehicle with a controller while you're sitting still which makes you feel sick and also doesn't feel realistic at all

>using controllers with sims

Yes user. What, do you play them with your mind?

a joystick/throttle/wheel is still a controller not that it matters for the point I was making

Attached: 1552473796899.png (645x773, 11K)

Flight stick / racing wheel

Your point is retarded. Why would using a wheel for a racing game with a headset make you sick? Do you get sick driving a car? Because it's essentially the same experience then.

Next wave of headsets in roughly 2022 will be the first to see widespread and affordable use of foveated rendering and eye tracking. These will also be the so called "Gen 2" headsets as they'll be the first wave of new headsets to actually be appreciably more advanced than the first offerings (Index, Vive Pro and such are Gen 1.5, not really enough of a step up to be considered a full generation more advanced).

You will still get sick, for the opposite reason actually. Your eyes see motion but your body (fluid in the ears) doesn't, causing motion sickness.

This, the lighthouses are laughably overpriced. We know for a fact that it doesn't cost anywhere near that much to actually make them and Valve specifically stated that the 2.0 Base Stations were going to be made cheaper than the 1.0s only for them to go back on that once they realized how much more money they could make by keeping the price on them jacked up to all hell.

>using mouse keyboard for a racing-flying sim or even a simcade
>prefer to be standing instead of upgrading an existing flying-racing rig with triple monitors or making one even with a shit logitech wheel - stick
>complaing about the resolution being too low when the comparison shows that you can actually read the guages, and the index has lower resolution despite being full RGB stripe

What the fuck i am reading.jpg

You got it wrong, what i mean is that if facebook didnt tried to shovel the standing roomscale experience since the CV1 (despite not having the controlers for it at lauch) and keep going with something more simple (sitting and no controllers) like the DK1-2, and pleased those simfags instead, then use those simfags as a way to prove how good it is, it would convinced the mainstream developers to add a VR mode for actual titles, and not half assed tech demos or FPS games with tunnel vision and telelport crap you have now as the norm.

Attached: azCSxT6.jpg (2276x1268, 595K)

>Your eyes see motion but your body (fluid in the ears) doesn't, causing motion sickness.
So you're saying you do get sick when driving a car? Are you Asian?

>slight upgrade to existing PCVR headsets
>$1000
I hope this thing flops HARD. Valve need to be put in their place.

It's already back ordered into February

It's not out yet so cant really criticize them for games. Games will come near the actual release..

You are still moving while driving the car.

Just a connector to mechanical vagina.

If you haven't played Lone Echo, give it a shot. It's actually a really enjoyable game, and it's actually a game, not just a tech demo.

I use a wheel with my headset and it's never made me motion sick lol.

>NDA that's still on just it. What the fuck are they hiding.
Probably nothing, if anything it would be eye tracking.

1050 isn't a real video card.

NDA is on devs that have early versions of hardware
Press can talk all they want about it

>that image
just lmao no I'd like to actually be able to read text, labels, spot aircraft etc.

also I use throttle/stick with a mouse next to my stick for interaction and sometimes bindings on the keyboard for interacting with the game, menus, etc.

No-one knows what it means but it's provocative, it gets the people going.

>early versions of hardware
Oh never thought of this. Good point.

Too unrealistic with how cheap it is. That's a massive thing that they would love to advertise as well.

Not him, but for me the only thing that made me motion sick was some vorpx converted games because of the camera fuckery like skyrim before the native VR version and in some places in STALKER, with all the steam and oculus games never had an issue, but yea, some people are totally not used to it and go insta puke, i guess they never drank or anything that make them dizzy or something.

You may just be immune to it. This form of motion sickness is less known than the more conventional form (body feels movement but eyes don't see it).

Based

You have this absolutely backwards. It's been shown time and again that games where you sit in a cockpit/seat and control something you're sitting in very rarely if ever make people sick, but games where you move around on foot do make some people sick

I've heard it's the same problem that causes people to become sick when sitting in moving cars.
I can't really relate, I've tried really hard to make myself sick and the only time it got me was when the headset lost tracking or FPS was really really bad.

Suck my dick nigga

Well there is the XTAL if you want to read everything super clear but cost 4000 dollars.
youtube.com/watch?v=UpPY_XNpn08

Not Available In Your Country
>Not Available In Your Country
Not Available In Your Country
>Not Available In Your Country

I was ready to drop all my NEET savings on it and get a job, too.

Attached: 1535815258571.jpg (1920x1080, 395K)

where's the gameplay

>dick nigga
what did Retard mean by this?

What? You don't have a dick nigga? Why not?
I love my dick nigga, he's great at parties.

This. I programmed a bot to order the bundle seconds after the webpage became available, but it failed due to region exclusivity.

By who/what? There are many accounts of people complaining about motion sickness from these cockpit style games. Giant Bomb's PSVR stream shows motion sickness with Driveclub. Rerez's recent PSVR video shows this with a suite cockpit games. There are many videos that show that people get motion sickness from War Thunder (Giving a non-PSVR related example so you don't go >PSVR).

This pissed me off too.
Now I have to wait until Valve gets their shit together enough to organize international sales, which at the pace Valve works could take fucking years.

Despite the claims that this was the next step/evolution in humanity it was actually a step back.

>extra 20 degrees is gonna be huge
retard

I don’t get it. How is the index going to either
A) entice more people into VR?
and/or
B) entice people to upgrade their existing headsets

This seems to do neither

It desperately needs a wireless adapter

It isn't meant to cover A. It covers B due to checking all the boxes of being a real upgrade. The Rift S isn't a real upgrade from the Rift, the HP Reverb is still WMR, and the rest are plagued with issues with no known credibility.

More like HTC needs to disseminate the tech from their wireless adapter. The tech already exists and works fine, it just needs a longer battery life.

t. Poorfag

t. Jewbag

no u retard. going from ~110 to ~130 degrees (and it's actually a bit more than that) is huge, it's finally covering the full area of human binocular vision (~120 degrees) and then some actual periphery. And the Index is particularly stressing edge-to-edge clarity over that entire area, unlike other wide-FOV HMDs (ie. Pimax/Xtal/StarVR) which have significant warping

It’s an incremental upgrade on an already niche product. They need to expand their userbase, not lure a fraction of a small population into buying their headset

>The grip sensing thing is really cool and I can’t wait for things that use it to come out. It’s like step one towards haptic gloves.
Kill yourself. Force sensing has been around for years. Back when they first implemented it in planes, they noticed a sharp decline in pilot performance. The reason? It's too unintuitive. They fixed the problem by making the sticks a little loose, so now pilots have a few mm of actual travel followed by force sensing precision. Note that the force sensing in Valve's latest turd isn't even 1/10th as good as the force sensing used in joysticks, because it isn't even directional.

Know why it actually included? It's because buttons fail over time, and compromise water resistance. By replacing them with a force sensor, you avoid both of these issues, and you can replace tactile feedback with haptic vibration, which is already immensely overused in VR and will just lead to immense confusion. Was that haptic buzz you just felt because you pressed on the touchpad, because you pressed on the grip, or because the game you're playing uses the same haptic response to indicate an object you can touch entering your controller position? All 3 of these are easily understandable and vastly different on the Vive, on the knuckles they're an identical little buzz.

Would trade that all in for wireless

Questbros wya

Attached: 3C9D2E8B-2FC5-4C96-A7A0-9DF6B09B818C.jpg (208x232, 11K)

I know Yea Forums is like Valve-drone HQ, but the Oculus Quest is honestly 100% more exciting than the Index to me. Even with the downgraded graphics, the full freedom of movement is amazing.

>It covers B due to checking all the boxes of being a real upgrade
I don't think it's anywhere near significant to justify a cost of 500 bucks, which is more than what I paid for my whole Vive setup.

It's just a cheaper Vive Pro.

That's what the Oculus Quest is for.

Index is little more than Gabens beloved pet project, and in no way meant to improve the health of the VR medium.

Tha shitposters cannae hurt our hype user!

Attached: marx.jpg (466x525, 26K)

I already played it years ago, though.
youtube.com/watch?v=ynP-pPdnI-w

Why are rhythm games in VR so shit? Is it just because the resolution is too low to actually resolve interesting beatmaps, and the control scheme too simple to make anything other than bland memorisation titles?

That is certainly fact, my orb shaped comrade!

>10 degree on each side
you wont even notice it stupid

Somehow managed to be the most retarded post in this shit thread. Congrats.

Imagine paying hundreds of bucks for a cutdown product with terrible tracking that can't even do useful shit like connect up to your computer.

I honestly think people who buy Quest are retarded. I live in a fucking shoebox, I can still play standing titles and just use locomotion.

There's a small learning curve, but VR with locomotion is 10 times better than roomscale.

The index covers your entire vision? Really?

I'll maybe get a quest 2 when it inevitably comes.

I love the idea of having a totally portable headset

I agree, but a number of VR enthusiast do not. They see the Rift S as Oculus' departure from PCVR, or at least, a drive for a "race to the bottom" tactic for PCVR (cheaper > better).

That's what I expected from the get go. I believed that is what everyone though due to no real evidence of them wanting to develop a cheap HMD or doing something bigger (outside of neural interfaces with are not within scope of any HMD that could release this year).

I see the appeal. It's a portable HMD that is easy to set up.
>I live in a fucking shoebox, I can still play standing titles and just use locomotion.
What are you getting at?

As a 5k owner, which has a "small" mode of the same FOV, they'll notice it but long for more

How big is the difference between the index and reverb?

Resolution difference*

Sorry

No, wireless VR is not going to be solved any time soon because the bandwidth and latency demand is just going to continue increasing, as well. What Qualcomm is doing with hybrid-standalones is the most promising. It should allow at least very good desktop streaming.

fuck no it doesnt

Index has
>Better controllers
>Faster Display
>Better Tracking
>Larger FOV

Reverb has
>Larger Display
>Easier Setup

AAA games are all that matter and VR has basically none right now, besides some ports which barely utilize VR.

What would you suggest for a first timers headset, then? I'm not sinking more than 600 into one of these fucks.

You don't have a gaming PC?

You're wrong, but that's okay. Just because you live in an economy apartment doesn't mean everyone does. Roomscale is objectively more immersive than teleporting/artificial locomotion. Also, it's been shown repeatedly that the tracking on the Quest is on par with Rift tracking.

illiterate nigger plz go

it covers your entire BINOCULAR vision. all possible stereoscopic 3D effect is delivered.

Odyssey+. Usually goes for about $300, resolution is good, SDE is non-existent, setup is fast and easy, controllers are better than Vive wands, and it has the best tracking of all the WMR sets. Only real downside is that the tracking isn't the same as Vive/Rift, but you don't have to deal with base stations and it's still within 95% of Rift's accuracy. Or get the Lenovo set if you're really intent on not spending a lot and also don't care about anything other than seated experiences.

I do. This is my build. pcpartpicker.com/list/NHgKxY

significant, the Reverb is the higher pixel density. text will be clearer in the Reverb.

all of this except Index also has actually great audio, and personal adjustments that Reverb lacks (IPD and IOD), and Reverbs optics are apparently kind of crap vs Index stressing top-quality novel optics for edge-to-edge clarity.

Get a Vive for 3-400 bucks secondhand with the audio strap.

I don't know why this is so difficult for brainlets. The most important thing is tracking, and a Vive also gives you the ideal upgrade path to Index and probably whatever Valve releases next.

Not worth throwing out the HTC vive for. Make half life 3 for it and we’ll talk

youtube.com/watch?v=TLhfvsjMiWc&feature=youtu.be

Hardest question to answer nowadays.

>AAA games are all that matter
>>>/facebook/

Holy fucking guacamole

Attached: Screenshot_20190509-123422.png (1413x2048, 2.86M)

Dayum. Price is pretty high tho

Fat: Confirmed

Needs some comparison though, you can make even vive/cv1 look good with a flattering through the lens

Attached: 1540817675172.gif (500x281, 139K)

Still waiting to see how the Rift S sensorless tracking holds up.

There is a good demo of it in this review

youtu.be/p5CsGK2uJak

>pcpartpicker.com/list/NHgKxY
Not too bad. A bit low for the Odyssey+, but good for getting into VR. I would suggest the Rift S or the Vive depending on your living conditions and priorities. The Rift S is cheaper, has less SDE and is easy to set up versus the Vive. The Vive, however, has better tracking, better audio, and better IPD adjustment. compared to the Rift S.
Some things that may force you to use one headset over the other:
>You cannot screw in screws into your walls (Vive Lighthouses cannot be reliably mounted to your walls with 3M strips)
>Your IPD is far away from 65mm (Rift S' software based IPD adjustment doesn't work well if you get too far)

Everyone who has demoed it so far says it's decent. The IMUs on the controllers can track out of range of the headset for up to ~2 seconds.

You faggots all talking about hardware when we’re several years into VR and we still lack a killer app. Pavlov and Arizona sunshine are the best games on the medium

I never trust videos like this. They're no different from professional games journalists and are frequently paid to have specific opinions.

Maybe you should go there yourself. Without any AAA games to build the much-needed foundation, there's basically no "VR game industry." The scene is still in college until then and won't officially graduate until there starts to be enough available AAA games to establish a thriving culture around VR.

Attached: rengeshrug.gif (500x578, 2M)

I agree with all that but that's not what you said

But that means AAA games are all that matter. They're everything. There's nothing without them.

Holy fuck shut up about this meme phrase already. "Killer app" this "killer app" that, who fucking cares? Who cares about this completely subjective term as long as there are dozens and dozens of games to play?
Beatsaber
>Doesn't count!
Pavlov
>Doesn't count!
Skyrim VR/Fallout VR/ DoomVR/ all the other ports
>Doesn't count!
Boneworks
>Doesn't count!

I haven't played a non-vr game in almost a year despite there not being a """killer app""" shut the fuck up already holy fuck

Almost like there's a bunch of nerds that like tech posting or something

They are pretty hard on the S though. They straight up say they don't recommend it unless you are brand new to the tech

There is footage of the blindspots somewhere towards the middle if that's what you are looking for. I'd check it out anyway

VR IS A MEME GIMMICK FAD THT IS ALREADY OVER

Attached: p00jqnnt.jpg (880x495, 28K)

This but: Unironically.

Attached: complex arrogance.jpg (1920x1080, 301K)

Don't be a dick he's a staple of these threads

Being a repetitive shitposter doesn't make you a "staple", it just makes you a repetitive shitposter, like that guy that floods every thread with the same webms over and over.

>He didn't fall for the vr meme

Attached: He didn't fall for the VR meme.webm (580x692, 2.89M)

Facebook money influence on 'influencers' to present 'fair and balanced' views was very clear in the first gen, but seems to be lifting as Facebook leaves the PC space.

If we get this but anime i will buy into the VR meme

what game

holy moly that's a nice 3D model

Attached: 1556561557151.jpg (1024x420, 66K)

virtamate which apparently has a subscription model or some shit

>tfw no vr mmo to help curve my crippling OSRS addiction

Attached: 1555049761196.png (1000x1000, 439K)

I too wish to make number increase

I heard A Township Tale has an OSRS vibe. I cannot tell you if that is true or not due to me not liking RS in general

Faggy rhythm game, CS knockoff, ports of old games, and a tech demo. Who cares?

Probably, but why even bother. You're already spending nine hundred and ninety nine US dollars. Why not get a decent video card while you're at it?

Anyone know how to replicate controllers with Riftcat?

not that good, not at all. you will never not see the pentile arrangement, even up to 4k per eye.

pentile a shit

Attached: pentile.jpg (1552x1436, 3.84M)

How much of her anatomy is modeled? Can you change the strength of her gag reflex?

A small-scale skilling economy based MMO like Runescape would actually work really well in VR. Every MMO proposed so far seems to either be half assed WoW clones or bouncy happy funland Rec Room bullshit like Orbus. If someone made a semi-serious social MMO with a character creator that lets you make cute girls, people would ditch VRChat in a heartbeat.

the only good thing is the FOV and that's about it.

This thing is 11.5 jiggawatts? The hell did they add?

nah, the 120/144hz is huge. the move to no-contact speakers is huge and will probably be adopted across the board almost immediately. the controllers 'hands-free' design with finger tracking was already being copied months before the full reveal. the optics design change and edge-to-edge clarity it gives will probably be huge, and essential for future eye-tracking HMDs (probably some very similar optics adopted quickly). the FOV increase is one of the least impactful things about it (along with the resolution).

>the FOV increase is one of the least impactful things about it

retard alert

So was I until I saw the price tag. My rig is more than capable of handling it even at the higher refresh rate, but I refuse to pay 1000 euros for it.
probably going to get it when it eventually goes on sale, though. Excited to get VR for the first time, even if I have to wait for a while.

>probably going to get it when it eventually goes on sale
That will probably never happen, unfortunately.

I'm sorry for you, user.

Attached: NOGAEMS.jpg (385x2389, 358K)

HO BOI
I sure can't wait to buy new hardware, despite there being no solid games out. I'll store it right next to my Oculus Rift while we wait another decade.

Attached: jared.jpg (540x530, 42K)

shill alert

Is it a bug or what. I cant even preorder the quest from Amazon quest. Its sold out that quickly?

See

I'm getting a hand me down rig, no choice really
Have a chance to get a 970 as well though so who knows

I wish I had as much money as you...
Shit I wish I had enough money for rent and more than 3 decent meals a month

Attached: 2f7.jpg (601x508, 31K)

Not him but I bet most of those games are on TPB under Dauphong anyways

Attached: Screenshot_20190503-152326.png (2160x1080, 710K)

Nice "GAEMS"

Attached: kek vr rage.png (553x357, 94K)

The Pirate Bay you fucking landlubber

Imagine runescape but in VR

Nice "post"
Fuck off, retard.

Attached: Runescape VRchat.webm (918x550, 2.76M)

People still use pirate Bay?

Attached: f5aebac71b162d7561f283f1db1d8aa004b3e078_hq.jpg (720x833, 47K)

For that yes
VR tech demos is a niche thing to pirate and they/he's providing

>I'M EXCITED FOR THE INDEX
You could be excited for a Table of Contents, but VR has no content.

What is psvr like compared to Oculus or give? I can't afford index and I saw that psvr supports most games I already own

Attached: PogChamp.png (459x459, 223K)

Why don't you have the currently most worthwhile VR game?

Attached: Beat-Saber-from-Pesky.png (624x351, 93K)

I don't really like rhythm games.

>Not a single racing game or racing sim

lmaoing at your life

>They kept the snack slot
God bless Gabe.

Attached: Valve snickers.jpg (768x768, 85K)

Attached: xtal.jpg (1971x938, 547K)

Attached: chart.png (2880x1296, 653K)

1k+ ppi when?

Attached: Varjos VR Prorotype 3000 PPI.png (1437x807, 601K)

hnngh I want muh clarity
finna leave this reality once it is

It's from another game but
>No soul, replaced by tech. Whatever they were. Gone forever.

Looks like someone got scammed by nintendo and never actually tried vr

If you stopped watching porn you probably wouldn't have even bought it :|

Attached: 75b4fe9c23e8ec22e160fa1b62396dbaed6d5fa3cd121d00df4566fb06f02ce8.png (960x960, 704K)

echo combat, then theres defector and stormland coming out.

It's from another game but
>From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed Machine. Your kind cling to your flesh, as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you. But I am already saved. For the Machine is immortal.

I fucking love video games bros, I really do, but where do I download for free VR porn from?

Attached: hot.jpg (335x270, 19K)

the only reason to play HotdS with a controller is because the devs are worthless assholes who refuse to make a proper mouse control scheme despite dozens of people requesting it on the forums

You can literally get the subscription key from the first page of Google. They change it every version, and its leaked within minutes every time.
Its only meant to be a barrier for the kind of people who don;t know how to torrent.

lmao no retard that comes AFTER you pay us 1000$

Interdasting, where do you grab the game itself?

or le Reddit

The fuck that's clearly a Patreon advertisement how is that allowed

Attached: dom sim.webm (1240x700, 1.54M)

Cancelled the Rift S preorder. Didn't realize how much shittier it was than the original. Oh well. Guess I can always get an Index in 2021.

Attached: 1292211067485.jpg (206x160, 6K)

all that money spent and you still have to complete captchas like a pleb

There is fucking clearly a free version and you can fucking clearly find the code without paying, you fucking clear imbecile holy fuck.

thanks fren I've been meaning to make a start

Attached: VAMsmoke.jpg (1815x1260, 2.35M)

didn't the dev fix it so that you can't adjust the height anymore out of fears of lolimods?

t. Virtual Mate Patreon owner.

How did you guess?

Attached: tard.jpg (727x222, 33K)

why are you pirating games from struggling game developers like the people who made budget cuts?

I already have the rift but I preordered the quest. I have a big open space upstairs I can use for the full wireless so that'll be fun. Also, it'll make a great demo station for my friends.

I do. And I'm the best Beatsaber player on Yea Forums

He's right though, no advertisement posts allowed. If I were to advertise my Patreon right now I'd be banned. It's not fair that guy gets to advertise for free and have a whole thread where every single bump advertises his Patreon.

t. potential robot

So this is how western civilisation ends. I'm not sure what to feel about it.
Other than that I wish I could afford to be on the ride rather than dragged in the slipstream, I guess.

All tech gets cheaper user, this is just the beginning

>the quest

Attached: 1452735902249.png (816x587, 116K)

Replaced by tech, indeed.
I'm sure the satisfaction of calculating pi to the nth decimal will last you until the heat death of the universe.

>Don’t feel like taking down my vive sensors, replacing them
You don't need to take down your Vive sensors, the new Headset works perfectly fine with Lighthouse 1.0. I just bought the Headset+Controller bundle.

>it was just a bunch of simfags fooling everyone else
Simfags are using wheels for driving games and HOTAS for flight Sims, those are two genres of games where indeed another method of control is better than motion controllers.

Luckily I have all the money in the world to buy any vr headset i want. You'd be right to laugh at your own bank account. Kek

I would love to live to the end, so much to see.

to test them

We have such pleasures we could show you

Attached: Mechanicus cult.jpg (550x413, 24K)

As would I. I would also like to be able to care, though; the "live" part and all.

Ah, happier times...

Attached: Palmer Gaben.png (489x659, 581K)

ez clap

Attached: brain jar.jpg (1600x900, 128K)

>Luckily I have all the money in the world to buy any vr headset i want.
>gets the weakest, cheapest piece of reddit garbage on the market

Gaming PCs are pretty expensive, I know. But hey enjoy that vending machine tier VR, richbro.

Attached: 1502325041720.jpg (494x433, 49K)

I mean as long as he gets a srs business one too there's nothing wrong with a completely portable side option for very casual uses

Attached: mfw.png (184x137, 13K)

>Sold out all on amazon JP in a few days

oh nonononon

Attached: chrome_2019-05-04_17-38-53.png (1456x894, 136K)

VR gadget porn where you can dynamically scale the scene to be as tiny as she is or a giant in comparison

>buying VR headsets
Yea Forums is filled with retards

>$1000

Attached: 1555175639607.jpg (634x602, 90K)

From another game but
>You turn humans into glue

>but the japanese!
Oh lawdy... Amazon Japan? The weeb is strong in this one! That's a country where almost no one can afford a gaming PC but that's probably just a coincidence.

>days
>meanwhile the index got backlogged by months in the first few minutes of pre-orders
oofsies

Japs are the biggest mobileshitters there are, why do you think they love gachashit?

it's for that smelling add-on

Of course they're going to sell like crazy, doesn't really mean it's good
>chrome

Means fuck all until we get numbers

Attached: 1553111426855.jpg (1024x641, 39K)

you can script behaviors triggered by how far objects get inserted in various places. nothing built in tho

a flatscreen game with a VR mode isn't a VR game. there are practically no games that have been made for VR.

Not for you gweilo

Attached: Smell VR.png (692x711, 279K)

can't really. it accepts DAZ body morph files.

there are thousands tho

Attached: FeelReal.webm (1280x800, 284K)

Please tell me you're pretending to be retarded. It's obvious that there's a very limited amount which is why it sold out so quickly.

>1000 dollar item
>only being sold on steam
>only sold in US/EU

The quest is worldwide and being sold in so many retailers. EB games, Walmart, amazon, bestbuy, oculus website, and etc.

no there's like 4 and then there's a handful of tech demos and shooting galleries

There's literally nothing wrong with the quest though for the price. You get exactly what you paid for and it's a lot cheaper than it should be. It has more hardware packed in than the PSVR/Rift.

what really? does that mean you could put any creature into the game? how is this even done?

>he doesn't know
Honey Select with VRmods senpai.

what's the point of VR without a decent system for feedback that's tactile and/physical-feeling?

Fun

The knuckles psudo-have that in a roundabout "not really" way.

The grip simulates really holding onto something since your hands are usually resting off of the controller

There's haptic feedback in the controllers. If you're talking for stuff like your torso they exist but aren't anywhere near ready for consumer use.

I'm talking about a fucking exoskeleton so I can feel walls and stuff.

ideally paired with a omni treadmill of some sort

what's the point of gaming without a decent system for feedback that's tactile and/physical-feeling?

Check back in 30 years

>MUH NOGAEMS MEME
If they stopped producing VR games today, there'd still be content for several years without getting bored.

Attached: NOGAEMS_STEAMVR.jpg (5043x4697, 3.26M)

Attached: NOGAEMS_OCULUSPSVR.jpg (4813x4255, 3.69M)

You should put Gal Gun 2 on there. It's literally a full game but with VR support. It's amazing.

Treadmills would fucking suck because you have to gradually slow down, I'd rather use a thumbstick

If you're already using an exoskeleton what would be the point of a treadmill?

>different setup though, you're controlling through a different interface entirely.

with a "VR"-type of setup you're limited more in terms of "what you can do to make the investment worthwhile and noteworthy".. essentially the only "good" VR games are flight sims and driving sims.. the rest are tech-demos basically

make it yourself instead of demanding it exists

current era of VR is very much DIY, if you want the auto suck robot go get a fleshlight, some pumps, and an arduino and code it yourself

GalGun VR or GalGun 2, lads?

good point

Galgun VR is a tech demo and Gal Gun 2 VR is an actual full game with VR support with amazing nude mods.

but only racing and FPS games matter

Based. Thank you

uploadvr.com/microsoft-torc-haptic-controller/
testicular cancer check game WHEN

Attached: WMRtorq.png (688x432, 506K)

>yet most of the FPS's are extremely dull because of the terrible movement controls that currently exist.

7/10 games and ports, woohoo.

>$1000 goybux for a glorified porn machine

GAMES ARE GAMES, STOP DEFAMING VR, YOU'RE MAKING THEM LOSE SALES.

Attached: blade & sorcery.webm (1280x800, 553K)

Rift S is better than Rift if you're brand new to VR and don't own any of the headsets yet.

>dull
youre dull

>demos

Attached: Untitled.png (468x131, 70K)

>cringe game title

It doesn't deserve more sales until it gets some actually good shit to play with it. Right now you're literally just supporting some assholes in manufacturing who are laughing at you all the way to the bank.

>I'm just going to play time crisis alone in my bedroom
>ha ha ha I'm having fun ;_;

>I'm just gonna play video games alone in my bedroom
>ha ha ha I'm having fun ;_;
You should listen to the little voice in your head that tells you to stop sometimes, he usually has good advice.

>time crisis
you sure would play this piece of shit

>dude time crisis gameplay has the narrative potential of a 50 hour RPG

skyrim has a lot more than that

Don't talk shit about Time Crisis

Attached: fetus deletus this.png (540x298, 172K)

>time crisis:Skyrim Edition has a lot more than that

>time crisis
no one even mention this garbage here cuck

I'm not it's gonna be 1500aud and for that money I could get a hp reverb but then I still wouldn't have any decent games to play besides sandbox walking simulations with very little content.
I want some mother fucking big games not all this niche shit that's half done.
Until that happens and I can jump into a fully fledged vr world like gta or starcitzienthat isn't fucking garbage I'll keep my 2d master race

Attached: VIRUS_VERY_YES.webm (600x338, 2.28M)

>gta
youtube.com/watch?v=jh5b_Mb75Eo

youtube.com/watch?v=qhy2hkprNXY

Attached: 1529542839028.png (112x112, 10K)

Finally, someone with some sense.
>port
Retard.

Attached: 1311114855146.jpg (471x490, 119K)

>$499 to play time crisis

Attached: Retro Arcade Neon VR 1.webm (1920x1080, 2.9M)

elera is making a hyper-realistic horse porn simulator with leap motion support

Is there guide for something like this?

not even a port, a port would be better than that. and gta was ported from consoles, your point?
i wouldnt pay not even a cent to play that garbage

Mods and ports are pointless to even mention. Not only will they not utilize VR as well as games built for VR from the ground up will, but people have already played the games that get modded or ported in. You also have to fuck around to get mods to work which people don't want to have to do, and mods don't actually sustain an industry at all, so I'm not assured that my time and money is being invested in something that will continue to grow.

so what can I do with my Samsung Galaxy 9? I know there are those phone vr things and they seem like a pretty good way to get into VR

They're shit.

You can stick it up your butthole for maximum immersion.

>one shitty LCD screen vs two high quality OLEDs
>80hz max
>tracking isn't as accurate
>can't be used in the dark
>now requires separate headphones
>no hardware PD adjusting
>buying Rift at $400 is a loss for Oculus, buying Rift S at $400 is a profit for Oculus

Not so sure about that. Too many negatives weighed against the positives.

I just want to use a mouse and keyboard with VR but I've heard people say it's jarring, I just wanna walk around Cyrodiil and look at the potato people with head tracking

My brother has whatever the holder is called and while the screen is better than something like a Vive you aren't going to be playing games on it

How hard is it to setup something like this for mame ir other emus? Lightgun games Alone would make me jump into VR.

ayyyyyyy

>"""high quality""" OLEDs
They're bog-standard pentile screens straight off the mobile phone supply chain, and every headset maker is getting away from them for a reason.

ball so hard
(does anyone get the refeence? its a bit dated for most of you)

>Mods and ports are pointless to even mention.
pointless only to retards
>Not only will they not utilize VR as well as games built for VR from the ground up will,
nah i don't care about teleportation and trackpads, both can DIE, fuck all of that
>but people have already played the games that get modded or ported in.
all bethesda ports sold well, no one cares what you think
>You also have to fuck around to get mods to work which people don't want to have to do,
no one cares you're too retarded to set up a mod
>mods don't actually sustain an industry at all,
the industry doesn't dictate what mods should be made or played, no one cares
>I'm not assured that my time and money is being invested in something that will continue to grow.
no one cares about how you use your own time and money

youre not the center of the universe go fuck yourself

The headsets without motion controls are merely a trade-off compared to playing on a monitor. You get 3D and head tracking, but you give up a lot of image quality for it. It's fun but not particularly compelling and doesn't actually bring anything new or interesting to the table, the headsets aren't worth their money for that alone. If the image quality were vastly superior to what it is, you could at least call it an upgrade over a regular monitor, but right now neither the screen nor the lenses/optics are up to the task.

Actually accurate motion controls are what makes this shit worth it. Even playing classical shooters which were never made for VR with motion-controlled aiming is way better.

House of the Dead VR when?

Attached: c9f007c8f8a407d9446079e0dc3354dec1eb2e84_hq.jpg (1024x1024, 127K)

Never
Suffer like G did?

Counting down the days, comrade. Tired of wires. Can't fuckin wait.

Attached: Screenshot 2019-05-03 at 1.22.24 AM.png (531x509, 315K)

You know this is going to be screenshotted and laughed at by anons in 2035 right?

>high quality OLEDs
They really aren't that great. They're pentile and resolution is low, plus you don't get to really benefit from one of OLED's major advantage, the absolute blacks, because the Rift cannot actually turn pixels off completely due to black smearing. You even have a good chance of noticing mura/noise when the headset is trying to display "black" because the pixels are still on but don't have the same brightness level. Those screens really aren't that great.

>nah i don't care about teleportation and trackpads
>when games are actually made FOR VR, they include bullshit
So basically you're saying VR is gimmicky crap? But that's not true, at least I hope not. Guess I'm safer not spending anything on it yet until I see for sure whether good exclusives can be made for it, just like I thought.

VR would sell a lot more and would be way better if it had real games and you know it.

>So basically you're saying VR is gimmicky crap?
i am saying that SOME VR games, specially those from early 2016, contain AIDS

>when games are actually made FOR VR, they include bullshit
not necessarily

It means it's an open slot for modders to use. Leap Motion sensors being a popular one in other headsets.

Attached: leap-motion-vr-developer[1].jpg (1500x844, 77K)

>You know this is going to be screenshotted and laughed at by anons in 2035 right?
You're wrong, you'll realize this when you replace 3DTV in here with VR
3dtv.reteig.com/Why_3D_TV_Is_The_Future_Of_TV_Entertainment.php

Hello 2035 Anons, look at pic related and how right I am, VR was a meme gimmick fad after all!

Attached: taking a group photo everyone make a weird pose.jpg (1920x1080, 600K)

who knows
the nose knows

Attached: The Internet Naysayer.png (751x2908, 461K)

>The 3D TV revolution is at its infant stages. The pieces, however, have already been set in motion. At this juncture, it only makes sense that we go along for the ride. You might look even dapper wearing a pair of 3D glasses.
VS
>The VR revolution is at its infant stages. The pieces, however, have already been set in motion. At this juncture, it only makes sense that we go along for the ride. You might look even dapper wearing a pair of VR headsets
Really makes you think

Attached: Gravity Defying Combat.webm (852x480, 2.87M)

Now I can't unsee VR being the next 3DTV...

Basicly it was made with the Leap motion in mind, but it also can be used for idk its up to you.
It's a usb 2.0 or maybe 3.0 area for improvement.

3DTV never took off because the prices stayed way too high for too long. $1500 for a TV is a complete waste of money. Comparatively, VR prices dropped pretty quickly, nowadays you can get a decent PC headset for seated experiences for less than $120, which is still less than a monitor of comparable resolution and refresh rate. Not only that, but literally no studios outside of a few major ones were making any content for 3DTVs. Comparatively, VR is the domain of the independent scene, and there's already a plethora of content, some of it legitimately good in a way that utilizes the hardware.

I get the feeling the naysayers of VR got molested by a Virtual Boy back in the 90s.

Damn, this one poster is really convincing...

Does Valve have any real desktop-interaction/integration competitor to Oculus Dash or WMR's Home yet? The SteamVR overlay has been pretty basic/limiting in comparison to the other two.

What's leapmotion?

Sad thing is 3DTVs during their infant stage cost more than a VR headset in the same period.

That said, who the fuck are buying all those bluray3ds for companies to keep shitting out basic layered-depth versions of their movies? I see more of them than UltraBD (4K) releases.

>Comparatively, VR prices dropped pretty quickly, nowadays you can get a decent PC headset for seated experiences for less than $120
Liar liar pants on fire
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/461050362/#461101067

>$120
not counting the upgrade you'll need to make if your using a mid-range graphics card/processor

there's not much in the realm of cost-scalability.

when VR headsets reach under $120 and/or work well with 5 year old mid-range GPU's (mid-range GPU's from 5 years before whatever the date inquestion is) we can talk

>People using the word "port" as an argument against VR games.
Yeah, because the VR version will play exactly the same as the KB+M or controller version.
Wow, as if this place can't come up with shit any dumber to cry about

3DTV is a bad comparison. The tv set and sometimes the glasses themselves were too expensive and the image split sacrificed quality. On top of that you'd have to subscribe to new channels and buy special edition blu-rays to even see it.

VR offers a whole lot more than 3D, so it's been a lot more widely adopted than 3DTV.

You have to imagine being a poor teen/student again

It's a sensor that tracks your hands without controllers.

That sairento? Hard game. And I don't like playing as a chick in VR.

>you can just slap VR on anything and it'll be fine!
>people are excited to play the same games they already played, with a gimmick add-on this time!
This is retarded and you're retarded for even suggesting it.

How's stupid would you have to be to write it off before trying it I've been using vr since 2014 and I'm still not sick of it

I guess, just sucks most of the "criticism" comes from people that are salty they can't pirate a VR headset and since the main draw of VR (In my opinion) is the social aspect, so when some dipshit tells me they borrowed a headset and pirated pavlov and tells me it's bad I instantly discard whatever trash opinion they have on the subject.
Like, do you base your opinion of CS:GO on playing with bots? CS:GO is fucking garbage because of the cheaters and smurfs just ruining the game for anybody trying to start in it but obviously that's not a problem in a game like Pavlov

Bethesda and Croteam ports all play the same as the desktop games.

Unless you're literally on a toaster, most VR headsets will run on a 970. Granted, you're not going to get 5K with supersampling, but it will still play games at a stable clip. But if you want crazy high performance you're gonna have to upgrade, just like it's always been with PC gaming in general.

Ya seethe? it plays completely differently, now shut up before I put your ass in the dirt.
That's not really possible considering the control scheme but okay. Gonna tell me that flash game Bowman would play the same in VR because the objective is the same even though the aim and means of doing it would be vastly different?
Of course you would, to save your shitty argument

This, what about nostos VR could be the one

Attached: IMG_2935.jpg (739x415, 44K)

They added a male model for people who don't like women.

>it plays completely differently
No it doesn't lol. I played Skyrim VR and it was still just shitty old Skyrim. I don't give a fuck if it could track my head or hands now, I already played the game, and the game world hardly responds to the newly added tracking at all because it wasn't built for it in mind.

Or no man sky vr

Attached: IMG_2936.jpg (739x415, 44K)

controls can depend on the port but even if it's just joypad, you have the immersion of VR. Are you really going to dismiss that in a game all about it's pretty scenery?

>I don't give a fuck if it could track my head or hands now
Really weird way of saying "I don't care about VR but I can't say that or it will invalidate my argument champ"
You're about to get yopped kid stop trying so hard

Isn't that more like a survival game?

Read the rest of that sentence, dickface

>I already played the game, and the game world hardly responds to the newly added tracking at all because it wasn't built for it in mind.

Sam arguably plays different in VR because you can dual-wield everything and not wait on animations either. Just mash those triggers.

>no eye tracking
Dead on arrival.

Kid if you keep replying to me, I'm going to have to clock you, then you might get sued

youtu.be/qh2UdRKNqH4

VR movement systems.

first one has either J or K models

what kind of a fucking loser cares about treadmills

need eye tracking and a 3rd "misc" screen that can take over for the other two at the limits

Pavlov alone was worth the investment, and i bought it before the price drop.

the kind of loser who wants to walk in VR fatso

don't you have to be fat to begin with to even see value in that you fucking fatass loser

Four screens. Two micro-hd displays reflected off a mirror for the high-density portion of the rendered image (angled to where it detects your eyes looking at), and two lower-resolution panels to cover your field of view without murdering the gpu.

nah, not afraid to run, would like to run in VR though.

better than playing "glorified rail-shooter IV"

The only difference between the VR versions of those games and the originals is pointing at things at 3D space. Oh, and skyrim has a bow and you can waggle melee weapons which the devs lazily mapped to pressing the X button over a certain threshhold of controller velocity if you're standing facing an enemy.

I'm still holding out hope that legitimate ports or parallel development of vr games will happen but really, don't pretend like most of the ports aren't minimum effort cash-ins; it ruins your credibility.

It's back-ordered to september

>You have to be fat to want to exercise

to want to exercise with video games you do, fatboy

Not liking women and not wanting to be one are two entirely different things.

>no Talos Principle VR

Why? People enjoy sports for a reason. Moving your body to do things is fun.

Making movement and effort a chore is how you BECOME a fatboy.

>The only difference between the VR versions of those games and the originals is pointing at things at 3D space
This is a pretty big deal when a game is about the concept of pointing at things in 3D space, but couldn't let you actually do it until now. It significantly changes the gameplay no matter how lazy they are about adding any extra features.

Literally never. It's even worse when you realise how trivial it'd be to make, but no-one with the skill can be bothered.

Let's be realistic. No company is going to make a Skyrim scale game from scratch just for VR. Even Oculus games have limits in those terms.

>It significantly changes the gameplay
How? There's no NPCs or enemies designed for the added VR functionality. You hit a giant a bunch of times and it dies, only now you have to move your arm to do that. And it's not like there are secret items and things to find in places that you could only get to via the head tracking.

>This is a pretty big deal when a game is about the concept of pointing at things in 3D space
There aren't any actual games like this, though. Aside from maybe Mario or something, but they solved that issue a long time ago with the incredibly complex idea of a fucking shadow.

The only VR port I've actually enjoyed has been Gal Gun 2, but that's because everything about the base game screams "we wanted to make a VR game but we didn't have the money at the time".

Everything else? Same shit, slightly different coat of paint. Racing games are straight unplayable if you like playing anything with more than a 270 degree wheel or more than 9 buttons. Flight sims are slightly more immersive, but I'd take a higher resolution 3 monitor setup with headtracking any day of the week, unless I'm doing some really niche shit like simulating a red bull event or strafing streets in ARMA with a helicopter, where depth is actually useful. In the open skies? It adds nothing but looking pretty, engagement distances for dogfights aren't improved by depth.

This looks anime-ish so i'll keep this one in mind

Attached: 1541160856672.jpg (1000x1000, 215K)

That's what people want though, so if no one can figure out how to do that eventually, forget about it.

Maybe 'people' could grow up a little.

talos was literally made for VR

if you played it flat first you didnt play it right

What does that even mean? They should "grow up" and no longer expect quality entertainment and craftsmanship from artisans?

man
i enjoy GAMING not sports, they are not the same thing

and there is no point in crucifying myself by walking the same inhumane distances i do in gaming because i am not a videogame character, nor i need a workout, if anything i wish i could put on some weight, i am already extremely thin

If they have stupid expectations, then yeah. They should grow up.

Can't wait to remortgage my house.

Attached: Freddy.png (500x413, 143K)

When I said games about pointing things, I was trying to imply the ports of games about guns like Serious Sam and Fallout. As the second user said, Gal Gun was very enjoyable even though I had to go out of my way to aim like a real gun to maximize enjoyment. Sorry, I should have made that clear. I don't like Skyrim and melee games inevitably require extra effort. I enjoyed Fallout because you can't really mess up guns in VR, but there is no way Skyrim would have worked with the same level of effort.

Attached: 20190414165419_1_vr.jpg (1502x751, 148K)

People expect polished products with what feels like a satisfying amount of original, quality content. SIE Japan Studio did it and Astro Bot won that VR GOTY award last year for it. There's very few VR developers around who can pull that off yet, but that's exactly what people want, and there's nothing stupid about wanting that at all.

This is kind of a poorfag hobby tbqh
If you can't buy vidya stuff what the fuck are you doing