Card games videogames

Thread about children's card videogames
>what are yoy playing these days
>what would you like to play
>favorite card
>what features of your less favorite game would you like to see in your favorite
>are you a meta bitch?
GO

Attached: Yugi Hearthstone.png (400x573, 360K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/klFf33qokHo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

culdcept revolt

I miss Chaotic.

Attached: 0cc.jpg (633x640, 51K)

>One of is must be legendary.

The English dub sucks.

Yugioh sucks user here to tell you Yugioh sucks despite all the black magic Kazuki Takahashi did to make it so appealing even in its shittiest form (Forbidden Memories has an actual unironic fanbase).
The solution to Yugioh will always be Set Rotation so Konami can stop relying on power creep to sell sets, change my mind.

Attached: diggubiku.jpg (480x696, 82K)

I've been playing a lot of Gwent, mostly because I played it in the beta and have enough resources to craft and play whatever I want. It's in a pretty good place right now though I personally think it needs more tutors and Nilfgaard still isn't great yet.

I wish I could be playing the same way in Magic but I don't have those many spare resources and I REALLY hate lands. The fact that so many MTG games end with "oh man I got mana screwed" shows a real problem with the games design in my opinion.

Attached: Witcher 3.jpg (2017x1200, 733K)

Gwent is one of the best CCGs available and it's slowly making a comeback, i wish Yea Forums had some discussion on it sometimes
MtG Arena is decent but i haven't played it much to say anything more
Duel Links was pretty good but with six samurai meta pretty much killed it, it's only going to get worse
Elder Scrolls Legends is decent, but the amount of actually fun cards locked behind a paywall/grindwall is awful
Hearthstone is horrible

Set rotation doesn't stop the powercreep in Hearthstone

Best card game I've ever played.

Attached: Lost Kingdoms II.jpg (640x908, 103K)

>Cardfight Area
>A good YGO videogame
>pic related
>cards that aren't monsters
>no
Play Vanguard

Attached: V-EB04-002EN-VR_(Sample).png (398x580, 584K)

This game was pretty fun.
Lots of cards, lots of opponents, spent many hours playing this as a kid.

Making an Exodia deck is too easy, though. Takes all the fun away.

Attached: yugioh.jpg (500x493, 52K)

Yeah that's one of the things I'm sad about when it comes to Gwent. No one on Yea Forums or my friends care so I'm generally stuck on Reddit

>six samurai meta
Stall, Blue Eyes and Neos killed the Samurai.

Honestly its the best digimon game

Attached: 36773-Digimon_-_Digital_Card_Battle_[U]-3.png (800x600, 82K)

Holy shit, Blue Eyes made a comeback?

Attached: s-l1000.jpg (750x1000, 133K)

There's a lot of really neat "new" cards for Blue Eyes, Red Eyes, and Dark Magician. I tried playing some with my friends on Tabletop Simulator but they all got mad because they only know all the older cards from like 2008.

That is sad, man

Attached: SHVIENSE1.jpg (1418x2013, 370K)

Been playing DBS tired of the meta so I've been playing rouge decks, Demigra is alot of fun.

Attached: set_6_ghastly_malice_demigra.jpg (1519x926, 1.19M)

And Magic

Yet another insecure MtG player...

Attached: mtg player sees a modern yugioh card.png (467x262, 192K)

Yeah every so often my MTG friends post a picture of a yugioh card and go "why are there so many woooooooords?"

I wanted to give the DB game a try, but between the HORRIBLE ending of the UT saga and the whole KickVic movement I've found myself being bitter over DB.
Still, I reckon it's a good card game...

Attached: 1555952120559.jpg (460x580, 34K)

More like "DM nostalgiafag sees a modern yugioh card"

Mainly playing meme decks on duel links

Attached: 6477745757547.png (671x695, 574K)

Just use line breaks and number abilities.
Hell, put new notation for activation timing in.
Don't compress, just reformat
Not even asking for keywords.
>Timing at the start of the effect resolution
>One per turn just 1/Turn
>Field positioning needed clearly labeled
>line breaks
>costs clearly labeled costs and bracketed away

Attached: V-EB03-016EN-RR.png (683x1000, 1.89M)

I don't understand that shit. Wall of text is better.

Attached: earthbound_god_wiraqocha_rasca_anime_effect__by_linkfudo39_daud84f-fullview.png (400x584, 479K)

Wish me luck

Attached: 1557409532872.jpg (2246x1080, 1.75M)

Based Bloodchad. Went 2-3 earlier with a similar deck.

It's a great game it plays kinda like a mash up of pokemon,mtg, and vanguard. It also has cards from Dragon Ball to Z, GT, Super and even Heroes. I can understand not wanting to support them but if you do wanna give it a try you can play online for free on untap.in or OGTN people should be willing to help you along with video guides.

Attached: dbstb2_TB2-066.jpg (500x700, 521K)

Name a single Yugioh card worse than this

Attached: 1556419594619.png (200x287, 123K)

Walls of text waste everyone's time.
Once you know what the symbols mean, you can understand a Vanguard card in seconds

This card is bad in a vacuum though, it's only good because of specific cards in the decks that play it, which could easily be nerfed but Blizzard are too lazy.

The thing is that what makes me approach a game is its theme. I like YGO because it offers a huge variety of artstyles and themes and don't like MtG because I don't like the whole "le Tolkien fantasy world". I do appreciate Vanguard for that reason (I don't play it simply because I know no players).
The thing with DB is that I'm so bitter with the franchise that I just don't even like the characters anymore: if I see Goku, I see Incel Schemmer; I see Bulma, I see that dumb SJW behind her; etc.

Attached: 1555081911007.png (800x500, 157K)

>i can't enjoy this franchise because MUH ENGLISH DUB
You burgers are dumb as fuck. Your dub was/is one of the worst DB dubs. Why do you care so much about that shit?

My favorite part about Vanguard is that every card exists in the same futuristic magical setting.
Most of the navy is just a bunch of homunculi given laser cannons and speedboats to fight zombie pirates and dragons.
Also a ghost mafia

Attached: G-BT12-058EN-C.png (682x1000, 1.68M)

damn, i used to play 1 year or so ago and there isn't a single one of the old cards in this deck

Vampires best bois and hottest girls

Attached: good girl gone better.jpg (1344x942, 401K)

I made it. Even got off an 4-follower Alpha Drive into Odin invoke for bonus style points. Only lost to a highrolling Tzeki.

Attached: 1557411783192.jpg (2246x1080, 1.68M)

You could also maybe read my above post and see that I have other reason as well...
Also, you're autistic as hell.

OH UP TO NO GOOD? ME TOO!

Attached: 200px-EVIL_Miscreant(90549).png (200x276, 106K)

I mean, that's cool as heck, I just don't have anyone in my area who plays VG.

>hearthstone card
>random effect

Attached: 1557300502332.png (1000x432, 165K)

Hearthstone is balanced around youtube highlight clips
They are going to add so many retarded rng effects and hope people make videos and retards watch and buy packs trying to recreate that 1/100 chance of it happening

If you're still willing to try, there's Cardfight Area.
It's a manual sim but there's several guides to play the game and it's easy to learn.
People there are also helpful

Aight, time to shill for free
PLAY GWENT
IT'S FUCKING GREAT AND THE SOUNDTRACK IS AWESOME
youtu.be/klFf33qokHo

Attached: 0b389abd398035ab749baf073cbd1727.png (992x1424, 1.12M)

Me too. It was revolutionary to be able to play on paper and online using the same cards.

i'm not the one triggered by some voice actors

Does anyone play Pokemon anymore?

I haven't played or bought any cards since I was 12, wikipedia says they sell shit tons even now though. Is it just 10 year olds or do adults play too?

Attached: subarashii.jpg (1152x925, 291K)

Yes, and? Its fun af. I'm almost up to 500 wins with my Renounce Darkness deck. I started when Old Gods came out. Its not a high win rate deck

Attached: Hearthstone.gif (474x260, 1.89M)

And you're the one triggered by one random dude on a forum.
Whatever...

fuck you I literally just uninstalled hearthstone you faggot don't tempt me t reinstall with your shiny images

You are the kind of guy who would be entertained staying in an empty room with a pair of dice

Cool, I'll give this game a try

As in like YGOPro?

yes. Hearthstone is 100% rng. thats why the tournaments are always the same guys, because they have a higher LUCK stat

learning to mitigate RNG and forcing your opponent to take big risks is not a skill, no no. Everything is RNG because you don't get hit by a meteor every minute.

uuuuuh... Set Rotation is banned user

Used to love this game then they reset my cards and didn’t receive anything in return not even the packs I got in beta so I never looked back.

>muh tournaments

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 118K)

It's limited.

and? finish your argument. you show a picture of a child at a hearthstone tournament. what are you trying to get across?

if a child is good at the game, a game is bad? shall i look up a list of chess prodigies so you can claim Chess is RNG bullshit?

It's closer to Dueling Book but with an in my opinion better UI, and the ability to walk around and chat with people.
You can also unlock different sleeves and there's even a dungeon exploration minigame

How the fuck

Attached: Screenshot_20190509-113033_Duel Links.jpg (1080x2220, 1.07M)

Both play it. Pokemon cards sell so damn well because of of its diverse design. They basically use every art medium in the book

I checked it out and some things were in russian. I'm guessing this is used by all kinds of people anyways, right?

Defend this, bluecucks

Attached: mtg_control_decks.jpg (3296x1348, 561K)

>hearthstone is comparable to chess
Based retard
If you want a finished argument, Hearthstone is nothing more than playing on curve and hoping for good RNG to come so even a child can go toe to toe with a supposed professional hearthstone player

That's not nearly enough mindgames, user. Observe

5 mana, 5/5
King of Games
Battlecry: Discover a spell, one or two of which were in your opponent's starting deck.
Deathrattle: If you chose a spell from your opponent's deck, the spell is cast as if by you; otherwise, as if by your opponent. Targets chosen randomly.

5 mana 5/5
Battlecry: draw a card. If it costs 5, win the game.

There you go. Was that so difficult?

Now, why aren't Hearthstone and chess comparable? They're both games, played in pairs, with the goal of besting your opponent's strategy. Are they not comparable because one uses cards and one uses tokens? Are they not comparable because you are making an appeal to traditional fallacy and saying OLD GAME GOOD NEW GAME BAD? Are they not comparable because RNG exists in Hearthstone in form of random effects and draw order? RNG exists in Chess too. How do you determine who goes first? And going first is still advantageous in chess, so much so they added a balance patch in 'En passant'

>tfw modern card game vidya is just as much of a money vampire as real TCGs if not even moreso

I miss shit like the pokemon TCG on gameboy. Those two are still the best in the entire genre if you ask me.

Favorite card in all of TCGs is probably pic related. It's not good but its modal design really clicked with me when I first saw it and even if it's not worth running I'll always try to find a space for at least one in my shitty decks.

Attached: 1888_200w.jpg (200x285, 27K)

Yes it's what most people use to play online

Card I own

Attached: photo_2019-05-09_17-18-09.jpg (960x1280, 193K)

I wanna like pokemon but I don't like what EXs and GXs and all that kinda shit do to the game. shame since otherwise it's more fun than it seems at first blush. whenever I do get the urge to play some I just do theme decks on PTCGO and always wonder what'd be like if I could go online without having to deal with that shit.

There is a huge difference between slight RNG like card draw (which is inherent to all card games) and cards that create random cards that create random cards with random effect, and no, i'm not exaggerating
And let me predict your answer and say that no, it's not the same just because it's random, it turns the game from "hey, this is a X deck, so i might try to play around Y" into "bro who cares just play on curve and hope for the best, you can't play around anything". The whole design mantra of "more RNG for stories to tell your friends" was a huge mistake

hearthstone
hearthstone
animal companion
n/a
nah
hunter every day

Should be more like "Draw a Legendary minion from your deck. Draw a card."

Attached: 636899132993493149.png (400x543, 327K)

I agree with everything you just said, except the huge mistake part. I understand exactly what I'm getting into, and I enjoy tilting people within the rules of the game.

Thank you for helping me raise the bar on discussions here. I appreciate the effort!

I've tried playing hearthstone but it feels like a fundamentally flawed game
everyone keeps saying to play shadowverse but whenever I look at it it just looks like weeaboo hearthstone
a lot of online card games do these days, really
are there any good ones that aren't just recreations of pre-existing card games like magic, yugioh etc.?

Gwent

>are there any good ones
no
if they try to be good and not derivative then they'll deviate away from being a card game and it'll become more of a turn based strategy game

>what are you playing these days
nothing I only collect, no one wants to play with me
last one I did play though was 5Ds Duel Transer for wii
>what would you like to play
I'm sure my info on the rules is way outdated so none right now, unless some ZEXAL-rules game is still out there that isn't cut content carnival.
>favorite card
Relinquished in YGO
Meloetta EX in Pokemon
Cannon Fire Dragon in Cardfight Vanguard
Tormund in Neopets
>what features of your less favorite game would you like to see in your favorite
More RPG elements.
>are you a meta bitch?
I believe the last deck I actually built was a Steelswarm deck because I thought they looked cool, so probably not. Never built a proper deck in Pokemon at all, not that I have the right cards. Don't want to play PTCGO, all the spergs in the /vp/ general made it seem pretty bad as a game.

Attached: Relinquished-LED2-EN-C-1E.png (1070x1564, 3.74M)

It's so good too
I love the clay ones

Attached: ShuppetEmeraldBreak26.jpg (600x837, 851K)

>I'm sure my info on the rules is way outdated so none right now, unless some ZEXAL-rules game is still out there that isn't cut content carnival.
pretty sure legacy of the duelist would be up your alley since it's from right around when arc-V started and I don't think pendulums fucked with zexal rules as hard as the link garbage did

Congrats man, using Alpha Drive on an almost full or full board has got to be one of the most satisfying things in the game.

I'm drooling

Forgive me for being a tard but I still don't get Pendulums despite how many times they've been explained to me. I even own some Pendulum monsters in real life and don't quite get it, apart from them getting a new part of the field to themselves.
How did those fare with Links anyway? I don't have any of those but they're a little easier to get, no def position, they make the spacing of cards matter, etc. but don't they restrict summoning in some way?

Attached: SummonGate-MP17-EN-C-1E.png (689x1008, 1.39M)

>Cannon Fire Dragon
Good taste user

Attached: Cannon_fire_dragon_cannongear.jpg (500x709, 163K)

thanks
He was one of my first cards and hot damn, it always looks cool.
Thanks for the clean card art

With Master Rule 4, you can only summon monsters from the Extra Deck to one of the two designated Extra Monster Zones or to a Monster Zone on your side of the field that a Link Monster's arrows point to. So you summon a Link Monster, then you can start flooding from your Extra Deck.
Also, Pendulum monsters don't have their own zones anymore, they just go in the outermost Spell/Trap Card Zones.

Attached: AromaseraphyJasmine-DUPO-EN-UR-1E.png (676x986, 1.61M)

I should probably just be happy that my shitty petdeck barely uses the extra deck or more than one S/T zone in general anyway so MR4 didn't mess with it too badly

love to play Weiss Schwarz. if you have a locals its pretty fun for a anime card game. its main flaw is the limited printed cards and I want more series to get sets. also vanguard is good.

Attached: 68B9AB01B8974151ABA8D7538C2CCF37.png (1118x940, 304K)

Why don't people play the Pokemon Trading Card Game?

Attached: welder-unbroken-bonds-unb-214.png (734x1024, 395K)

>With Master Rule 4,
you have a small pool of broken blue cards which every deck revolves around and you win when you summon them and the opponent doesn't have an ebin hand trap
fixed

That is a strange change but I get the whole arrows thing. Just never seen the new field layout. It seems like they change the layout of the field with every iteration of the anime to come out.
Pendulums seem like they got fucked I guess, doesn't that give them like 3 less spots?

Reminder Konami is fresh out of ideas these days

That card is so damn cute
I do but I can't keep up with it. Also too expensive to do 2 TCG at once.

I miss Tag Force games

Attached: 1552234329564.png (1046x731, 204K)

Should just switch - pokemon in INCREDIBLY cheap, especially compared to the days of $70 shaymins, now you can buy a top teir tournament winning deck for under a hundred dollars (Not even an exception either)

Just two less spots. They used to have 5 Spell/Trap Zones to use in addition to their 2 Pendulum Zones. Now they have to share the space.

Attached: Playing_area_New_Master_Rules.png (760x448, 625K)

Anyone here remember The Eye of Judgement?

Attached: Why is he so fucking big.gif (292x409, 72K)

Enjoying alpha of Kards
Sometimes Gwent, but it got stale

is there any reason to use them then

congrats user. I swear to god, every time I play I dont pull off the combos.
I also use Machina blood

I really liked a cardgame by bushiroad called buddyfight, In its early days of course when every faction had a nice selection of cards. unique systems and tactics before bushiroads obsession with giving everything to dragon factions. Unfortunatly it had a game for 3ds but it never came to the west which still makes me fume to this day. For those other buddyfight fans out there who may wish to know. I was a danger world armorknights player and a darkness dragon world apocalypse knights player.

Buddyfight's still going and it still has a dragon boner unfortunately.
However, Danger World got some really fun decks in the meanwhile and there's way more options

I heard Endymion won a tournament recently, so yeah, they can still work.

Attached: EndymiontheMightyMasterofMagic-SR08-EN-UR-1E.png (809x1186, 2.18M)

Honestly be glad since i hear those 3ds games have some bugged rulings for some plays.
Also the games good but god lost world is a sumb concept and now their stuck in doing just anime crossover decks.

Attached: sky_group_18012019050836.jpg (350x489, 113K)

They're not stuck. It's just now 50/50
Legend World is getting support later this year after Idolmaster

Hearthstone
Lord Jaraxxus
I'd like things other than minions in play, like artifacts or enchantments from MTG
I'm an arenafag. Too much netdecking in standard. Gets old fast.

lost world? i stopped a while ago in the anime, during the batz buddy arc, when gao was fighting that tanuki guy is when i stopped.

I dont know what i hate, the fact dragon world got everything, darkness dragon world stopped doing anything non dragon related, star dragon world being a thing,all non-dragon worlds having a dragon archtype or ancient world being about only dragons and not all the different ancient beings.

unironically enjoying the hearthstone meta right now, managed to get to top 300 legend, which is higher then i've ever been before.
Control warrior just feels fun to play to me.

Ancient World was already only dragons.
You go to legend world for ancient beings.
Darkness Dragon World moved towards being all about Alternate wincons even moreso in Ace.
Lost World is a midgame deck swap full of powerful cards

I don't like the card backs on the champ decks

Lost worlds a gimmick they added for the recent villain that basicly lets you swap your entire main deck for a 30 card lost deck if you play the flag from tour main deck.
Lost cards litterally just broken peices of shit, with legal graceful chairty, pot of greed and delinquient duos among other caeds yugioh wouldve banned on site. The only balancing factor is that the deck swap can only trigger durring your opponents end phase and you have to daw the flag in main deck and pay 2 gauge. In yugioh terms, basicly if your opponent cant otk or ftk you you just get to swap in broke.dek

Attached: vile_demonic_dragon_vanity_husk_destroyer_08112018023236.jpg (350x489, 108K)

i know ancient worlds was only dragons but it couldve been more, giants, ghosts, cthuluesque things. Legend is for things from legend and mythology but ancient world could have just been anything thats old. Fuck imagine a deck archtype which was golem houses from an ancient medieval town or something like that... but nope, fucking dragons. Barely any hydras either and most of the multi headed snakes are called fucking dragons.

thanks for the clarification, that does look fucking stupid as fuck.

Btw forgot to post my fav card.

Attached: EAGLE.png (322x450, 328K)