lichess.org/7sIIBunA
lichess.org/CRCrIvjX
lichess.org/l7PXDBgi
youtube.com/watch?v=0RHLtx9r2LA
youtube.com/watch?v=hrmv6EPKfpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

alt-f4 and go play a game with waifus

queen is my waifu

Is this the famous Starcraft 1 everybody talks about?

GG F10 enter

ahh yes, checkers
the thinking-mans game

did you skip your turn? how did he get to go twice with his man already?

knight to f6, forces them to move their pawn or set up a trap, either way bides you

Enslave the black pawns to build strong fortifications and societal structures for the whites, then proceed to oppress and marginalise the black pawns despite them being the ones solely responsible for the white's having an advanced society.

enter the hippo defense. TCEC data suggests, that even weaker engines can at least draw the game always with it.

>hippo defense
I'm sure OP has morals, user, don't do them like this

>playing chess with friend because why not
>things going as normal, he seems to be pushing pawns as much as he can
>think he's just trying to take control of the board so I don't really question it
>manages to get a pawn all the way across the board
>legit just takes the queen i knocked out earlier game and swaps it out with the pawn
>bro wtf
>tells me it's in the chess rules that you can bring back a piece if you make it to the other side
>

is this an actual thing in chess? i have never heard about it before and it's broken as all fuck

Attached: 1530917863397.png (498x520, 18K)

When a pawn reaches the other end of the board it can be changed for any other piece of its own colour, except the King. This is called promotion. Therefore, a pawn can be promoted to a Queen, a Rook, a Bishop or a Knight. Normally a pawn is promoted to a Queen but sometimes there may be a good reason to promote a pawn to another piece instead. If there is not a spare Queen, a Rook turned upside down (or any other suitable object) is place on the board to represent a Queen . A pawn is promoted by removing the pawn from the board and placing the chosen piece on the promotion square.
chesscorner.com/tutorial/basic/pawn/pawn.htm
Learn 2 strategy, user.

yep its true

I checkmate his king with my king.

Promotions are a thing m8

fpbp based and waifupilled

No this is actually Command & Conquer

Is chess still a /tg/ if it's made as a video game?

e5

This can't be real. Who taught you how to play chess?

c5 seems to be the most common response.

If you want someone to make moves for you, just fire up Stockfish or Lc0. Magnus Carlsen himself should trust them pretty much blindly because the odds of him actually having a better idea than an engine are lower than a misclick or running to some other other fleshbag error modes.

You got cheesed

pawn to c5

I know this is bait and I'm replying with an angry reaction image anyways.

Attached: 3294875.png (139x149, 9K)

Leave because white has has a 1% statistical advantage so I'd rather just not play than play black.

Even fucking chess of all games has imbalance, amazing

Fap

obviously the one who goes first has better chances of winning

so just play again and switch sides, this way you eliminate any imbalance

Flip the board

>Best of two

It does seem to be the case and in this case it's also what intuition might tell you but I wouldn't say it's obvious. It is at least conceivable (note: "conceivable", not "even remotely likely") the starting position is in zugzwang.

Keep swapping sides until 1 player wins as black, proving without a doubt that they're the better player and can even overcome a 1% disadvantage.

last championship was bo12

The correct way would be to roll a d20 for speed initiative

who /1minutechess/ here

For me, it's puzzle rush

And it was a draw, who would have thought?

Play the Grünfeld Defence.

thats because caruana is a faggot who can only play defensive, while magnus knew he'd win in rapid time control, so he didn't bother too much

Well, there was some missed wins, too.

Attached: modern chess.jpg (556x500, 51K)

Always play the Sicilian against e4.

lichess.org/EleiskKZ

>grandpa taught me how to play chess
>play chess in elementary school
>move a starting rook by 2 positions forward
>teacher notices and whines this is not how you play and you're only allowed to move it by 1 position
>get kicked out of class for arguing

Attached: babby.jpg (600x597, 42K)

N-nani?? The almighty sicilian defense strat!?!

the virgin e4

the chad d4

>>move a starting rook by 2 positions forward

How did you do that with a pawn in the way?

Are you my friend?
I did this to him exactly.
Were you playing on tabletop simulator on his laptop?

bullet chess is kino

>TL Note: user just made an illegal move in chess...

lichess.org/VSk0Tgmu
please be gentle

that's true too, although I wouldn't blame them, especially magnus, for missing that line of play, they're under a lot of pressure

nah

Other way around. d4 is a pussy move.

duh I meant pawn

Loser gets shot?

yes, americans invented bullet

>White fell for the bishop trade trap

Jesus fuck get your act together.

Never played chess before. Be gentle

lichess.org/M0v7xogP

Attached: daijounu.jpg (1916x1080, 307K)

Attached: pawns.png (410x95, 3K)

Cant his king just kill yours on his turn?

>player 2 can start playing knowing player 1 plan
Its the other way around faggot

Yes i was! Veronika is that you?

lol

No, that would be illegal

>Veronica
>his
OwO

Why?

am i the only one who goes on lichess and mirrors what my opponent does against a very hard CPU and then take what the cpu did and do it against my oponent

"When I'm white I win because I'm white.
When I'm black I lose."-Grandmaster Finegold

Actual game coming through
It's actually more similar to video games than chess is
People who like the strategy genre get hoked up instantly and some (including me) say it's too good so that they can't ever play any other strategies anymore

Attached: 1539777854237.png (800x600, 971K)

Black missed a stupid easy checkmate and then blundered a rook. It's over.

I jerk off and spray my jizz all over his pieces, then I knight to c6

I love go conceptually, but I cant tell how some moves are solved.
And chess plainly sucks

White just missed mate in one.

What do you mean by solved? Decided upon?

Cause a king can't put himself in check, and moving close to another king would put your king in check

If they were solely responsible how come societies with only black pawns are never advanced?

Nah, he's trying to be cute. Watch him stalemate.

Because the pawns were enslaved before they could advance, it created a fear that being the best would lead to more enslavement, so they decided to withhold their own advancements to secure their freedoms.

was fun

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-09 at 7.48.25 AM.png (854x562, 89K)

How the fuck do you even play this?

blacks were put in their place

Chess isn't a video game.

online-go.com/learn-to-play-go

I remember some situations that could lead to loops and other special cases

shut up we're having fun for once

kek

Ya they added that in the dlcs. Dev said they're planning for a nerf since A.D. 500 but there's no news about that.

>[black] so this is the power of getting bleached

>where I could have won
>4 white queens

>Click the first one expecting it to teach me how to play
>Tells me just fucking do it instead of telling me how

Thanks user

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x592, 181K)

Is that really his quote? I started watching some of his videos when they showed up as recommended, he's pretty entertaining even if I can barely predict 1-2 moves in advance.

Dr Thrax is the knight.

He was up a piece for most of the game, though I was able to bait well and win it back eventually
t. white

That's literally one of the only 2 rules in the game: no repeating positions (ko), no suicidal moves (can't place a stone that will have 0 liberties when it's placed and not capturing anything)
Yeah they fucked up the tutorial sorry
playgo.to/iwtg/en/ this then

Look at this shit. Tells me to surround them and fill in every space in the last part but then tells me this move is "suicidal." What the fuck does that even mean?

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x810, 177K)

>bait
It's called a joke tard

lichess.org/DHvb1fLC

lichess.org/7sIIBunA
please be gentle

Attached: 1234897465397843658974856793.jpg (640x628, 16K)

you already fucked up dude, might as well start over.

Attached: 1557167346924.jpg (567x567, 47K)

Wakanda could have been real

That if you place your stone there the rules state you have to perform seppuku to restore the honor of your family.

It's a derivative of another quote where the second line is "When I'm black I win because I'm me."
I really like the great players of the past videos.

bishop is CUTE

Moving your pawn to the tile directly diagonal of your enemy's pawn is actually an alpha chad move because you start psyching out your foe. Mindgames.

if I dont know what Im doing, my opponent doesnt know either

White queen is best girl. Pawn-chan 4 is also pretty high up there

Even Stockfish and Lc0 can take games off each other (and themselves) as Black so it's not THAT bad.

C5 stupid nigger

GG

Does anyone know this chess game back in the day that whenever you move a chess piece it transforms into this creature, like how the rook would turn into this rock golem thing when you move it, forgot what the game is called, any kind user care to help me out?

Chess is too hard for you scrubs, go back to playing DotA and Quake.

Attached: soy_boy.png (529x545, 459K)

lichess.org/CRCrIvjX

i want to try chess

I always go big dick move and kight out on my first turn.

That's not true.

Chess is gay. If I want to win Il whip out a computer program and destroy everyones asses

at least those aren't solved games lmao

i dont use castling because it confuses normies

Promotions should be basic knowledge because they make pawns more valuable. Now en passant, that could look like a bullshit made up rule if you don't know about it. But once you do it's avoidable

If chess had a solution, no human could ever remember it

I do too, since my sister would go for scholar's mate and I thought it was unbeatable until I found that secret tech.

>laughs in openAI
at least when they finish the fucking thing in who knows how long

archon. youre welcome

install mods

Attached: Chess_on_an_Infinite_Plane_(starting_setup_of_pieces).png (1354x1472, 232K)

LMAO DRAW

Attached: ca5.jpg (704x593, 361K)

Do you know about castling? Or en passant?

stop giving me pieces it takes out half the fun of playing badly if both people play badly

>lichess.org/7sIIBunA
Wow this user got fucking rekt

Thank you kind samaritan.

>birds and spiky rooks

Attached: 8d4.jpg (601x601, 121K)

>knightrooks
the ultimate chess piece

>You can have more than one queen on the board
What the fuck I didn't know this was allowed

whats the difference between the queen and bishop/rook combo?

why do you think chess sets come with two queens?

You are legitimately retarded

The king is a harem protagonist.

Cast Cloak of Invisibility then attack his Bishop's weak point for massive damage.

lichess.org/l7PXDBgi
Expect me to be terrible.

Play a good game

the spiked rooks are apparently called guards and move just like a king but can't be checkmated

I'ma call them siege towers. And the knight/rook is now a trojan horse.

>That kid in the chess club who'd always try to force a stalemate
It was me

i fucking hate you so much i was 1 win away from getting that plastic knight you can use as a keychain

it's okay user I didn't know this either

For me, it's Checkers.

Attached: 4 person chess.png (410x405, 112K)

what the fuck

I recently had this great idea of making gacha chess. You start either with a king and 15 pawns or a king and 8 pawns and the other pieces drop from gacha, knights and bishops being 3*/rare units, rooks being 4*/super rare units and queens 5*/ultra rare/whatever you want to call it units. You don't have any limitations on chess piece placement so the end goal of course would be whaling for a team full of queens and a king

Attached: 1521890328299.jpg (500x500, 21K)

Who would you fight? How would you make gameplay varied enough to keep people hooked?

jpegs of waifus

Not knowing castling and en passant isn't a crime since they don't come up that much by new players especially en passant.

Fucking genius.

the main focus of the game would be online PvP of course. I had this idea of somehow tacking on some sort of a campaign on to it, but I honestly don't really know how to make it work. To keep people playing some other mechanics need to be introduced along with new pieces but this requires more thought put into it than I did so far

>fuckhuge eagle
>Zelda boss
>knight with platform shoes

>breakdancing pieces
>horse orgy

Attached: ge0exTb.gif (450x363, 1.98M)

horse to F3

Summon Blue Eyes White Dragon.

Fuck dude I wanna see like an over the top Chess battle between Yami and Kaiba.

What's the point of this shitty game if to git gud you have to just learn all the possible combinations and corresponding solutions?

It's just glorified Tic Tac Toe.

You can't learn everything at some point of the game you have to make decisions yourself.

Still, what is a good decision then? What are objectively good plays and why?

>he thinks only openings matter

Good luck with learning "all the possible combinations".

Attached: 1523427912183.gif (628x402, 2.99M)

They literally have books depicting every possible combination and solution to it.

Chess has yet to be solved by even super computers, no they do not

Do 'they"? Even in op pic there is already 18 possible moves as 1st. Even supercomputers hasn't calculated all the possible combinations of this game. It will be number with solid count of 0.

You already lost.

Best way to win at chess is to not play.

Now when I looked closer it's actually 20 possible moves for blacks in op pic. Sorry.

It's a spin-off

Shut up, faggot.

Any lichess regulars know whether they plan to fix the fucking UI? I can't see the clock as well as the all important resign button.

Nf6

Keep playing until one player wins two matches in a row

Concede. Black is at a statistically provable disadvantage going second. If the game is rigged from the start why would I even play? Better to find a more balanced one.

That's a shitty way to think about anything, user.

>who wins is completely determined by who has practiced more
Yeah, no.
I'll be at if you guys ever decide to have fun.

What was this game called again?

Ever heard of terms clutch or fail. Nvm.

>who wins is completely determined by who has practiced more
That's literally every sport and most games. I'll take that over RNG shitfest anytime.

Medal of Dutyfield 64: The Wild Hint

Hoppy Horse in: Royal Rumble!

Black vs White 2 the electric boogaloo

Come back fitz...

Other games also depend on innate characteristics and skills of the players. That is completely absent in chess, unless a literal retard is playing a genius.
In my opinion a game is pointless when you can predict with 90% probability who wins with just the players' Elo.

how tf do you into chess

buy some books and read up

Attached: tumblr_orph7dExEI1si01xjo4_500.jpg (500x303, 43K)

The concept of illegal moves is stupid. If you move yourself into check or fail to move yourself out of check then the other player should just take your king and win the game instantly. Why draw it out?

Mine didn't desu

>ctrl+f b7
>0 matches

Attached: subhumans.png (385x455, 165K)

one player plays without a queen?

usually when there's 2 queens on one side but the chess set didn't come with 2 you just set a pawn on it's side and pretend it's a queen

Reminder that being made in japan literally improves every game.

Attached: Shogi_board_pieces_and_komadai.jpg (1914x832, 1.2M)

What is your point? Every video game has a solution. Sometimes there’s more than one. Are you playing chess for the mystery or because you enjoy playing it?

>rocks on a grid: Words on the Rocks edition

>19x19
You might as well be playing 9x9, scrub

Attached: 4b352d876ca379cf2040b019bacfaff5.jpg (564x376, 62K)

>t. illiterate

Attached: istockphoto-518948988-612x612.jpg (408x612, 38K)

Chess isn't a solved game, though.

Let the cute queens take care of you anons...

Attached: you know you want this.jpg (626x900, 226K)

that's stalemate
I don't want that

Chess pleb here, but what's the point of stalemate?
I know that with a bit of experience it's easy to avoid, but conceptually it seems counterintuitive to me

It's a rule that you can't move into a checkmate. If there is only two kings left on the board, they can't get near each other due to the other getting killed on the opponents next turn. Its pretty rare but happens every now and then.

Either that or you have been playing the same game for nearly an hour and you just want to end it because both players have so little pieces that it will take forever to get a proper checkmate

To make it so careless players don't get off easy when ahead. Also since you can't pass a turn, stalemate has to exist

also I realized that's not stalemate becuase I mistook white's king for a queen

pawns, rise up

Attached: detroit.jpg (599x222, 44K)

but now that they are free they still arent advancing?

if they were solely responsible then their enslavement is also their own responsibility

read a book nigger

Makes sense, but then why not just make a rule that you're allowed to pass instead of the stalemate?
Seems easier.

Why would you pass when you can stalemate?

???? Why would you pass? Plus that shit would be broken if people were to use that during the game.

There is also another obscure rule that if both players make the exact same move they did the turn before 3 times in a row, the game is automatically tied.

Like I said, it's so people who are ahead can't get careless

It's just that stalemate seems kinda silly in some situations and I'd assume there'd be a more elegant solution.
I get it for when there's only kings, but in a situation like (if it would have been stalemate) it seems silly, despite the "should have paid attention" argument

Attached: 1496612866764.png (512x512, 227K)

E4 E5
KE2
Black resigns

I prefer a balanced board

Ok, some basic chess tactics
-Rook has really high armor and you should use it to tank
-Knights have horses and are great for kiting slower pieces
-Bishops can convert enemy units with wolololo or heal rooks
-Pawns are the weakest but they generate taxes so you should build plenty of them in the early game
-Queen is worthless and was only included in the game for the gender quota
-King is the player character. You control it with WASD and use the mouse to shoot.

What's your rank?

youtube.com/watch?v=hrmv6EPKfpg

Attached: 1485578604214.png (355x328, 66K)