Starcraft VS Age of Empire.
Who win?

Attached: rts.jpg (1318x350, 351K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch.tv/starcraft
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Original War

Company of heroes 1

Attached: 1553777698354.png (467x615, 510K)

StarCraft for competitive play
Age of Empires 2 for fun with more folks

Total Annihilation

>no one saying Populous

they're both good.

What if we merged all old school rts together, à la MUGEN?

The truest and most based post on Yea Forums

In other worfds, South Korea vs Vietnam and Japan; Kimchi vs pho and sushi; Korean War vs Vietnam War and Pacific Theat;...

The answer is obvious.

Attached: DfwPOsXVQAA02Fx.jpg:large.jpg (2048x1024, 466K)

C&C

Why do Vietnamese like AoE1 so much?

Starcraft is for people who like autistic optimization. Age of Empires is for people who ix like to keep a low profile.

In fact StarCraft is basically all people have ever wanted, because it allows them to do exactly the sort of awesome things people never try – such as a huge army. All that's required to do is focus on one unit and watch it become an unstoppable army. Just watch how fast and vicious the army will be against every single army out there at full speed. How many armies there are in Starcraft, how many hours of time you won't spend playing other games, how many races you can play. In fact if Starcraft II is as interesting a thing right now as it was 25 or thirty years ago, I guarantee it is also the best game in years. That's all the great games come from focus.

Starcraft win:
twitch.tv/starcraft
Call me when AOE have stream like that.

Why do so many pro players in AoE use that awful grid mod while streaming on twitch?

*blocks your path*

Attached: Untitled.png (316x366, 203K)

WarCraft III.

Based anons

Attached: 1548246032285.jpg (392x445, 120K)

>S's

AoE2 is more charming.

>inb4 le soul/soulless meme

AoE 1 is way more charming tho

Wrong, but it's also plenty charming on its own.

aoe1 is slow as a snail

I have no idea but given that they are a post-Commie (they still have a communist state but don't uphold the whole isolationism part of it) nation, it's either the thing that was installed on all the net cafe PCs (like CS1.6 and WC3 in Russia or Starcraft in South Korea), or it had been cracked early and had a Vietnamese language option (like Red Alert 2 in China).
AoE in Japan is basically the only RTS series to have ever been successful in Japan. Mainly because when internet started getting big, the universities had it the best. And all the universitis had perfect LAN environments for mass-scale AoE gaming sessions (as opposed to the other staple, MMO games which don't work on LAN and take up far too much time for a university student).

>AoE in Japan is basically the only RTS series to have ever been successful in Japan.
it was?

No idea, I guess it's popular there for a similar reason Broodwar was in Korea?

Anybody remembers Garena LAN client? (Primarily used for W3 customs). The AoE Vietnam rooms were constantly filled with 2500+ users back in 2006 from what I remember.

Attached: 19610.jpg (800x532, 136K)

Yeah. It's why all Asian cultures always get Japanese aesthetics in these games. Same for why two of the three games featured a Japanese campaign.
You can also see it in their indie game production. Whenever they make a ""real"" RTS game, it's an AoE clone.

Attached: Villager.jpg (1200x675, 212K)

Attached: tails double tornado shit.png (2093x2682, 1.85M)

lol completly wrong

nonsense

Age of Mythology; it's a nice blend of AoE2 and SC.

Attached: 160485-age-of-mythology-windows-front-cover.jpg (800x1138, 330K)

Titans killed the balance and the latest xpac mad it worse

fuck b*lance

Well I didn't post The Titans or the China one.

which is GOOD

Titans is fine if you toggle off the actual Titan units.

it helps to quickly place buildings, rapid and accurate building placement for making tight walls is extremely important at higher elos, like one of the first things you have to learn alongside deer and boar laming, it's mainly for practice, though, in high level tournaments the mod isn't allowed

Yeah, I'm thinking he's based.

AoE2, not even a competition imo. Granted I haven't played Starcraft in over a decade, I don't remember ever thinking that I would rather be playing Starcraft than AoE2, just felt like a straight upgrade. The only thing I can give Starcraft is that it looks flashier when streamed at high levels.

aoe2 may be slow af but the meta always feels fresh

came installed with every windows os

>The only thing I can give Starcraft is that it looks flashier when streamed at high levels.
AoE2 would be even flashier at a high level, but it's too clunky and unbalanced for competitive players to bother with.

Warlords Fucking Battlecry