Is this the most overrated underrated game?

Is this the most overrated underrated game?

Attached: 6301077939abed0a152034dee5ebd3bba97b872e.jpg (616x353, 56K)

nope

>constantly see weebs screeching about this game
>finally give in and buy it
>theres fucking letterbox
>literally 2 inches of black bar on the top and bottom of the screen
>play for maybe two minutes before returning it
The developers of this game should be castrated, and the fanbase should be crucified. Imagine being sofl fucking garbage at making a game you just say "LOL WELL IF PUT LETTERBOX WE DONT NEED TO FILL THE WHOLE SCREEN!!1!!" Lazy disgusting filth

you stupid fucking nigger, did you really go out and buy the ps3/360 version? they took letterbox out a long time ago

What the fuck that does even mean, you fucking fuck?

Popular game known for being unpopular

A cult classic or sleeper hit, in a sense

That would be Earthbound, user.

Attached: Yoyo_glich_hitbox.png (640x480, 271K)

Underrated maybe, but definitely not overrated. If Dragon's Dogma were a house it'd be held up by only one load-bearer and it's just enough support to keep it from crumbling. That being said it's one of my favorite adventure games of all time and one of my favorite open world games of all time for that exact same reason.

Attached: PEW PEW.webm (1280x720, 2.87M)

First run through for me started 2 days ago. Started sorc but seeing as the pawns wouldn't tank for me, it's lame as fuck trying to get spells off. Now playing mystik knight and digging it. I'm playing on hard mode, level 40, and even as mystik knight I can only take 1-2 hits from small enemies and anything big 1 shits me. Hopefully it gets better, don't feel tanky at all on a character that I thought would be tanky.

Gun to your head: Magic Archer or Magic Knight?

Magick Archer no contest

imagine being as dumb as you

Magic Archer is the best class in the game, very powerful spells, easy to control/aim, doesn't need pre-buffs or long casting times, has BOTH double jump and levitate as well as dodge roll

It's not exactly the most popular game ever but it's a well-loved underdog of a game that's only gotten more fans with time. Think games like Pre-World Monster Hunter and Mount and Blade, they're not exactly "popular" but they're known for being underrated and have gotten a cult classic status because of it over the years.

As someone that has deleted level 200's multiple times to play the game again, and has done so on alt accounts, it definitely is.

Unless you know exactly where to go, at certain times, and know that quests are your only hope at leveling (short of using a high level pawn from a friend) you'll be left in the dirt. Especially in post Daimon Bitter Black.

Upgrade your armor and git gud at perfect blocks
As sorc you'll eventually figure out when to cast your big spells, but you shouldn't be overly reliant on them, the first one you get (the black fog thing) is quick and very effective. Also, if you have multiple sorcs in the party with the same spells, when you cast a spell they'll cast it as well, and will reduce how long it takes to cast for all of you

I just got this game today on Switch. Any quick beginner tips?

It's ignored by the masses, and treated like gold by people who know about it.
He could have used the term "Cult Classic".

The only thing I really don't like about the game is how much better Magic Archer is than everything else. Makes playing other classes just seem....not worth playing. Hate when games do that.

Pic related.

In all seriousness though:
1) Don't worry about min maxing when it comes to leveling up and vocations (much)
2) Train your pawn so they can actually hold their own in combat
3) You gain the ability to fast travel later on. Make sure to put the crystal in key areas because you only get a limited amount per play through
4) The first few hours until you reach Gran Soren are pretty slow if it's your first time playing, but don't let that deter you

Attached: 1452647312762.jpg (395x480, 71K)

You were fooled by Yea Forums the game is shit and I will explain why:

>No indication of where roads lead
>No hint to what enemies are weak to
>No hint of when enemies are alone or in groups
>No warning to avoid status effects
>No clue to which items are masterworks

I don't know how people defend this game.

That's exactly what it is

>overrated
>generally agreed to be about a 7, even people who like it admit it's unpolished, could have had much more, and deserves a sequel that improves everything

Is this game worth full price on Switch?

NOOOOOOOO! Why do you even own a Switch? Pricing bargain bin games on PS4 and PC at full retail should be illegal.

Just get the fucking PC version, Jesus Christ.

Attached: 1555174650155.png (303x311, 181K)

>Pre-World Monster Hunter
I don't understand why people act like it was some sort of underground thing before World
MH games would have massive fucking line ups in Japan on release

I just prefer playing long RPGs on a handheld.

Attached: 1555490319029.jpg (411x316, 41K)

If you'd rather pay more money for a worse experience, go right ahead. It's your money.

>in Japan
Cool. We don't live in Japan.

Attached: 1554498822780.jpg (477x356, 19K)

>for a worse experience
It plays better than it did on release, that counts for something

then why are you asking you stupid indecisive fucking faggot

It was big here too before World

Because I'm asking if the game itself is worth full price, being $30.

>$30
>full price
?

Not at all. I’d only recommend buying it on Switch if you’ve played the game anywhere else and like the idea of playing the game anywhere you want. Get it on PC if that’s an options.
>tfw getting Dark Arisen on Switch after I swore I wouldn’t
Fourth time buying this game and I still regret nothing!

One of the best things about DMC5 doing well is that it means Itsuno probably has the sway to make DD2 more like the game he intended DD1 to be.

Attached: 1467143492560.jpg (362x447, 155K)

That's the full price on Switch. That's why I specifically said the platform, you dolt.

I've been waiting for it to go on sale on PC because that's where I thought it was the most likely place to go on sale, but there was the Capcom sale and the Japanese sake and it didn't even get a cent off.

>mfw DD1 could have had an actual story

Attached: shame.png (243x255, 84K)

then $30 ain't full price, what the fuck are you even trying to imply here? full price is the $60 pricetag it had, the price has been REDUCED for the switch so no it's not FULL price you mong

Quit being so fucking pedantic. I'm using full price as in to say "its normal price without any discounts".

Attached: 20190413_151629.jpg (1080x560, 91K)

Attached: lowint.jpg (236x234, 17K)

>Fourth
I can see playing it on consoles and then switching to PC and then getting Switch for handheld but where'd the extra one come from?

I don't even like this game abd dropped it in the midgame but you are fucking idiot

FPBP

God Hand

The original and Dark Arisen on PS3 meant buying the game twice, remember?

Attached: DBD84F7A-76B6-4D8B-BE50-857E4CD57128.jpg (1500x1500, 449K)

Why the fuck did they make Magick Archer so fucking good that there is no point in playing any other class

Attached: FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKK.png (300x309, 13K)

I forgot the PC version came 3 fucking years later

The point of playing them is to have fun.

Magic Knight. shoot me fuckhead.

I still remember the entire community begging for that port. Playing Dragon’s Dogma last gen was painful, but we kept the dream alive regardless.

>no point
If all you look for is optimal numerical combinations, it's autism.

It's worth 30, maybe even 45~50 on handheld

It's not numerical combinations, it's just literall game play. They do ridiculous amounts of damage with high mobility and wipe the floor of BBI. If I start doing another playthrough as like a mistik knight or something I'll have fun for a while and then just think to myself....well fuck. I'd be destroying on magick archer right now. Then I'll either switch over and steam roll, or just quit because of how IMBA it is.

Its one of those games I wish I could forget all about just to reexperience it for the first time. It's definitely flawed but it has an incredible amount of Kino within. If only it had real multiplayer, I'd probably still be playing it.

Thank you.

MK is technically better, but MA is way more fun.

Attached: 562.png (1597x1600, 532K)

It's a shitty meme class tho.
Sorcerer is better in every way.

How is MK better in any way?

Magick Cannon spam. Hits like an absolute truck.

PC gamers were expecting a traditional rpg but the game is a jrpg action game instead. There's not much customization but a ton of fun mechanics instead.