Hey guys lets make a ripoff of Doom with modern tech!

>hey guys lets make a ripoff of Doom with modern tech!
>let's use fucking shitty ass goddamn sprites despite this being the year 2019, just because

Holy christ whoever came up with this game is pants on head fucking retarded:

youtube.com/watch?v=UGESFkGfkRU

Also wtf is with all the goddamn blood? I don't know how people can like shit like this or new Doom or Brutal Doom or whatever the fuck. It looks so goddamn stupid, edgy, tryhard, and childishly immature. What else is this and new Doom gonna have, female demons with red skin, huge hair like some 80s model, and a skull thong/skeletal hands bikini?

Attached: prodeus.jpg (2560x1419, 3.18M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rDmyGG0YR98
youtube.com/watch?v=vZ0TLj62Rfc
m.youtube.com/watch?v=L7IITZDBvqE
m.youtube.com/watch?v=wgY0-EJqAPY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=cUNv1FiuxJo
youtube.com/watch?v=CgrLN9Wl4xU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

idk looks kinda cool
sage for stealth marketing

Pretty sure you can make doom look like that to boot.
And everyone knows blood and gore is the be all end all experience of Doom,.

>Pretty sure you can make doom look like that to boot.

No you can'y, brutal doom can only be improved so much

also that much blood and gore just looks childish and insipid

god this looks so bad

Game?

Prodeus. It's on kickstarter

youtube.com/watch?v=rDmyGG0YR98

This reminds me why I prefer japanese games, western games are too edgy and gorey for me

I like the map overview thing.

I can't stand the look though - first the stupid visor hud and then the layers and layers of effects and filters while the level geometry is really simple.

Pretty sure I saw essentially everything that's in that video at once in a webm on /vr/.
Helmet, HUD, weapon icons on the HUD, ammo counter on the hud. It might have had ADS too.
And improved graphics.
I'll try and find it.

>people on Yea Forums unironically thinks shit like this looks cool

The demon designs for new doom look like such garbage

Attached: doom shiternal.jpg (900x506, 172K)

>sprites
Pretty sure they're 3D models updating at a low framerate with a pixelization filter

No, they're fully rotated sprites, never dismiss the retarded lengths doom fans will go to make this shit look like an old ass game from the early 90s

Ain't nothing wrong with sprites but the general inconsistency in the graphical presentation. Some shit looks really detailed while other stuff not so much, and it's just really jarring when several things are all clashing with one another in several different ways.

Fuck it, I love it!

>DOOM like

youtube.com/watch?v=vZ0TLj62Rfc

how the fuck do those shitty death moves in melee even work in pvp? Either you'd die during them making them pointless, or you're invincible during them which is also shit. What a retarded fucking idea, who the fuck thought minicutscenes DURING gameplay constantly happening was a good idea?

Build sucks.

This post brought to you by the real 3d gang.

Nothing wrong with sprites when done properly, but these look like they just rescaled screenshots of 3D models without touching them up.

Look at Blood or Ion Maiden if you want a more recent titles.

So it's supposed to look like Doom 2016 except with everything on low and 240p? What's the point?

Attached: anime_damn.png (600x524, 279K)

>the loud cheering every single time he does a finisher

Is the Doom fanbase comprised entirely of edgy teens and americans? Blood good, titties bad!

Someone's going to make a WAD of this video before the actual game comes out.

Not quite what I was thinking of, and obviously the graphics are still Doom, but pretty much everything else is there.

Attached: 1505171216319.webm (1280x720, 2.96M)

I guess for the manchildren whose pcs are too shit to run doom 2016.

That's exactly the problem that DUSK has. The game attempts to create an illusion of outdated graphics but apparently the developer had no idea what the technical limitations actually are and there are things that are too detailed mixed in with things that don't have enough detail.

>supposed to look like Doom 2016
Looks to me more like Quake 2 with specular mapping. It seems to have really sparse environment polycount but with more detailed texture use. Lighting and specular are what separate it from actual old games. It doesn't try to look like D44M. D44M just has some of the same realism-focused graphical effects.

agree 100%

It's even worse with Amid Evil, the game freely mixes ultra low poly low res assets with modern high detail ones.

Attached: ss_b816e5b56beb002b713af6bcd2fa0d72cb613ad4.1920x1080[1].jpg (1920x1080, 592K)

Looks cool OP, stop whining

They look like rejected enemy designs for a mass effect game

Shill.

>30 posts, 15 IPs

the gun sounds are pretty weak and the hud seems overly large and intrusive, other than that it looks ok

>KickStarter
lol

>make doom 2016 in 640x480
There are actually people that will lap this up.
Same with that dusk game. Read the YT comments its full of fags saying how good it looks and it's a literal shittier rip off of quake 1

>tfw you've lived long enough to be able to call a new shooter a doomclone unironically in two time periods

Attached: 1547781627541.png (400x447, 147K)

No, it doesn't look cool, it looks like shit. You only like it because it emulates new Doom, a game loved by manchildren.

the bloatlords in doom16 and the cyberdemon were the shittiest designs both moba tier.

Its blatantly obvious OP is a shill. He knows Yea Forums is full of contrarian teenagers so he comes here to shit on his own game waiting for retards to call him a fag and pledge the game just to spite him.

It's actually trying to be 3d classic doom or quake.
It just happens to be using current tech with a downgrade filter.

Looks great, can't wait to pirate it!

Spoiler: you can get a ton of retroshit games for free as mods.
Doom and Quake modding has so many games.
Unless it is really good almost no reason to buy this faux retro shit.

>e3
>doom fanbase
bait

no one on Yea Forums is retarded enough to pledge to a kickstarter out of spite, come on

Let's go for three.

Attached: 110.gif (337x263, 3.96M)

>sage is le downboat xD

This looks better than any dumbass mod though

The enemies look like claymation. Fucking garbage.
Otherwise it LOOKS nice.

>2 posts per person
What's wrong with that?
The seething reply that you're about to give me is gonna put your post count at 2 already, too

It's like eye cancer

WHY CAN'T SOMEONE MAKE NEW VEGAS LIKE RPG IN THIS ART STYLE

>enemies flash red
I hate this game mechanic

It's not sprites.
It's models with a filter.
And you can switch between filtered and unfiltered mode

You can get a free wad that looks better than this.

it looks fine, effects are a bit overdone but I dont see anything worth complaining about. perhaps you should go back to playing peggle, faggot.

lets see you make shit that looks better then

>You can get a free wad that looks better than this.

No "wad" looks better than this. I call bullshit unless you post a video.

that hardly looks like the art style of any of the mass effect games.

please stop posting, youre fucking dumb.

How would you guys feel if they did doom sprites on super high fidelity areas? Take the levels of new doom and use sprites instead.

>retarded orange glow when hit
Why do zoomers like hit markers so much, holy shit. Is this some kind of mental retardation, when you can't see what are you hitting yourself?

What people making doom clones think
>hey dudes, let's make a game with kickass graphics, but it's a doom clone so let's make everything pixelated as fuck
>also a ton of blood!
What actually needs to happen
>hey guys, let's make a doom clone with very simple, but clean and sharp graphics, also it needs to be fast and somewhat disturbing, but not in your face

also it's a shame because given the ops video there's nicely highlighted pickups, enviroment looks well made, movement looks tight, graphics are technically well made etc. all this talent on a wasted product.

Attached: 5culX.jpg (1225x1748, 773K)

the "demons" look like aliens with horns slapped on, not demonic at all. I know what demons look like, and new doom aint it.

>That fucking HUD
>Those ugly sprites, muh pixels
>That "shotgun"
It bothers me to no end...
It looks nice and all, but no.

D44m also had this. It's to let you know your attacks are actually connecting, otherwise how would you be able to tell? Also handy to let you know when you can do executions.

>I know what demons look like
Even though I agree with you about the designs, this makes you look retarded.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=L7IITZDBvqE
m.youtube.com/watch?v=wgY0-EJqAPY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=cUNv1FiuxJo

The only high poly thing in there are the environments.
The axe is a PBR'd sprite.

They look close in concept to their original design. It's a Doom game, so it needs enemies to look like they are from a Doom game. No matter how you weebs try they aren't gonna put any animu demon lolis in there.

It is done by Doom modders, but they couldn't made all the graphical effects to run on GZDoom, without it choking on itself. There's only so much you can cram into an actual BSP engine until it starts crumbling under the weight. With added effects the performance hit is exponential - even adding some basic scripts cuts the initial performance by 30% (from 500 fps "vanilla" down to ~350 with no graphical alterations, further additions, even non-graphical, tank more)

IIRC sprites are generated from models on game load and you can change the resolution, or just use models outright. Also 8 or 16 rotations however you want.
Scaling res is adjustable too.

The key to any Doom-styled game is map and enemy design. Absolute most indieshit devs can't make either. They end up with next to no enemy variety and map design straight from Wolfenstein (like Project Warlock).
Prodeus was made by people who understand what makes Doom good, and have experience of making such content already, so I'm hopeful

theres being a doomclone and then theres being literally just doom

Why were ads from the 90s so absolutely based?

None of those look s good as Prodeus. And the first wad looks like sickdark garbage made for weirdos.

hey ur not gonna fool me i know this is a shill thread and the only reason to shit talk it in the op in such a cliche way is to get people to click the trailer and see for themselves u fag

Total Chaos requires a monster rig to run, and is an example of >There's only so much you can cram into an actual BSP engine until it starts crumbling under the weight

Edge of Chaos is on Doom 3 engine, and is thoroughly dead.

D4Remake is a troll mod mady by Russians by throwing to gether HDTP, JDHRP and autogenerated PBR. Designed to troll /vr/doom/, but hipsterkiddies on moddb ate it all and asked for more.

Doom isn't remotely disturbing unless you mean Doom 3. The rest of the series is just some shitty mary sue character

>le doom slayer le ultimate badass, rip n tear, he killed all of Hell nothing can stop him lol he could kill chaos in warhammer 40k all by himself le rage and angurrrr

Shit sucks.

Doom 3 is honestly the best in the series. Theres actually a way you are suppose to play it for the best gameplay. Which is grab the doubleshotgun and use nothing else besides the rocket launcher and bfg.
This is actually the way all id games are supposed to be played.

This.
>lol doomguy wins every versus against any character because he killed hell
Apparently the hell in Doom is full of punk bitches, because hell in every other game is fucking rough.

Doom slayer is canonically supposed to be the most op doom guy.

Okay... that doesnt really refute what I said.

I knew the fanbase for that character was garbage when I saw a video debating how long Doom Slayer would last in the 40k universe, and every post from doom fans was "lol, more like how long would the 40k univberse survive doom guy lolol"

He's literally the worst character ever conceived, he's Saitama except played completely serious.

yes it does. Storywise and gameplay wise the devs wanted the player to feel op.
Doom slayer is supposed to make demons scared. He is basically a demon himself.

>Doom isn't remotely disturbing unless you mean Doom 3
but it is. there are pentagrams, enemies leave gory crpses and look intimidating, etc. it's all very pixely and ximplistic, but that was the technology at the time and it doesn't change the fact that they wanted it to look scary and disturbing to an extent.

I think it looks really cool.

Attached: 13676353690772.png (904x1604, 541K)

>postcounter didnt go up

alright fuck you faggot i'm sick of this shit, i'm going to pirate and seed the fuck out of your gay ass game you little faggot

>Doom 3 is honestly the best in the series

Attached: 1543683546255.jpg (520x678, 69K)

I say the hell in doom is super weak, you refute it with but this specific doom guy is really strong. How does that refute what I said? Being stronger than your weaker counterpart and the enemies still getting slaughtered doesnt mean anything.

>let's use fucking shitty ass goddamn sprites
You are a pleb among plebs

but it looks more like a metal album cover than something truly disturbing

Nigger this is my first post in the thread, what are you on about.

>If I use the words childish and insipid it demonstrates I am not those things

civvie liked it so fuck you

Seriously play it keeping in mind what I said. Use the super shotgun luke.

Excessive violence is only liked by braindead manchildren that can't appreciate depth.

It prevents your post from bumping the thread you newfag zoomer dipshit

man you really are a dumbass.

>doom shiternal
>it's just doom 2016
in eternal they just straight up adapted the original sprite.

Attached: enemies.png (1320x3280, 3.27M)

Those aren't sprite you idiot

>people don't realise Rage was Doom 4

It looks perfectly fine for what it is so long as they don't plan on releasing it on anything but a handheld.

>ripoff of Doom
Do you think this is a new idea? Literally every shooter after Doom came out ripped it off.

Looks fucking amazing OP thanks

that looks so fucking awful

i played it 3 times and only finished it the third time around, that's how bad it is.

You sound like a little bitch to be honest.

You're not supposed to like it for fuck sakes, its edgelord shit and sickdark

Attached: brutal.png (457x506, 121K)

What an ugly "artstyle" why would you want to play a game that looks like a modern game but on a fucking toaster at the lowest res and settings, then upscaled.

This, the graphics look great in the tiny embed window, but turn to shit in full screen. This would be the ideal thing to release on, idunno, 3DS if it still existed or something.

sounds like you are just bad

I'm still just mad that there's so few enemies on screen in Doom 2016. I respect adhering strictly to performance/design requirements but for fucks sake they didn't even include a real level editor. I'm still unsure if I like the QTE finishers but maybe if they just removed the obnoxious flashing lights then it'd be better.

brutal doom is fucking badass and hardcore fuck you

the finishers suck ass and ruin pvp, that shit should NEVER be in a competitive shooter, unreal tournament didn't have that garbage

they did the same thing with nuwolfenstein 2 ruined it.

>Resolution: Not a fan of the pixel look? You can up the resolution until you feel comfortable.
sounds good to me
get help and/or have sex

The Vita exists user.

I really hate ugly on purpose games.

Based marketeer, figured out the best way for Yea Forums to defend your game is to start the thread by shitting on it

oh they're definitely using 3D models, only with a terrible shader that fucks up the visual definition of everything.
you can tell by the way light interacts with the gun and enemies.

>Doom
>competitive
>pvp
>in Doom
user what the fuck

This is how marketing is done nowdays
t.Ubisoft shill

Consoles don't have the CPU power for a lot of enemies on screen.

>light interacts with the gun and enemies
user I... Enemies are sprites, are you blind? The light doesn't interact with them, they're all backlit

>light interacts with the gun and enemies.
That's normal mapping you illiterate faggot. It's literally just a texture on top that tells the lighting engine what the fuck to shade.

Doesn't work for Ubisoft though. If you start a thread shitting on Ass Creed people will just shit on Ass Creed the entire thread. You game have to actually be redeemable for anyone to defend it

Then how did GTA 4 do it? Dozens of asshole cops shooting at you after violating a few NAPs, all dynamically animated and controlled individually and each more or less spawned in a brand new deformable car. ON THE 360 AND PS3.

and how do you generate a normal map?
with a fucking model.

kid, i work in games dev. don't try to outsmart me.

It didn't. The console versions were far worse than my PC version in 2009.

i finished it without a problem, how is that me being bad? it's not even a difficult game

Holy fucking shit, this entire post reads like something only a baiting faggot desperate to get his thread off the ground would post.

>with a fucking model.
user please stop being a faggot. The sprites are taken from models just like doom did.

Attached: Adrian_Carmack_sculpting_Baron.jpg (1198x786, 163K)

this honestly didnt really need to be done. Why create a detailed model of something that the technology wouldn't be able to display.
Should have just drawn it.

Yeah same with any console version didn't stop me from having a blast. Never got my steam copy of 4 working though, always crashed on trying to change the settings from lowest even after replacing every component in my computer over the years.

Fucking zoomers I swear. If you care then look up a development documentary on Doom, there's plenty. Even a few Ted talk format presentations.

he's not talking about how the graphics were referenced you dip, the gun is literally a 3d model and not a sprite, it's just shaded that way. there's no way they'd make tons of sprites for every light mode and lighting a sprite with different colors according to enviromental light just doesn't work that way.

Actually it does work that way in deffered lighting. Every light is per pixel, including sprites. It actually all does just week these days. (it's how particle effects look correct in thier contextual lighting these days) You'd be correct if they were retarded and using forward lighting.

D44m has competitive pvp. Or it would be competitive if not for the fucking finishers.

>week
Werk**

You actual retard you don't even know what i'm saying do you?

So does every shitty shoehorn multiplayer mode made post modern warfare. Doom was never competitive and the death match modes were just mindless arcade fun. Quake on the other hand...

I told you to look up why they did it, it's what you asked and I'm not spoonfeeding you.

>game looks cool
OP is a fag like usual

More at 11

i agree about deffered lighting, except you can see it's a 3d model. look at the beggining of the video when he stops hitting those first mobs with his fists. you can see a bit of light reflecting off the top of his arms, then he moves forward and the light is on the whole arms. no sprite would work like that, it's a 3d model.

Not as hardcore as Dark Souls you fucking zoomer

>Total Chaos is a total conversion mod for Doom 2 that runs on the GZDoom source port.

I thought it was a fuckin mod for quake, wtf.

>t. UV is too hard

>ree i'm entitled to people having to bump my shit thread if they wanna call me a dumbass
get saged nigger

Op, it looks fucking amazing. You might be gay

you mean here? Because I'm going to slow it down in premiere and we can go frame by frame in a webm

Attached: file.png (989x669, 709K)

>It looks so goddamn stupid, edgy, tryhard, and childishly immature.
So just like classic Doom?

>bottom-tier mooks take multiple hits to kill
>only remotely threatening monster is the not-pinky
>shotgun must be in ads mode to shoot further than 3 feet
>blinding graphics effects in your face constantly
>levels are mostly simple boxes with the occasional arena
The graphics are pretty nice though

looks good

The game looks crispy as fuck, my dude

Attached: 772.jpg (1080x1350, 77K)

about there. then he goes out and the arms are all lit up.

I think it looks cool

hey that actually looks pretty good
thanks for letting me know mr shill

Who dat

Also game looks neat.

>this thot again
Are you the same degenerate that spammed other inst thot thinking she would be Kyrie?

k gimme a sec to render this shit I think I see what the issue is

good post. I've been trying to figure out why I thought this game looked 'off' to me, I just couldn't articulate it.

who is this spunk punk

This. Some parts do look cool but then the inconsistency just leaves too much to be desired.

Looks pretty based desu

Its the best kept secret that modders are creating miracles every day.

this doesn't look like it runs in 100+ fps, not even 60

Julia Burch
Who is Kyrie?

I don't understand aversion to gore at all

My wife

And you didn't read or understand what I said.
There is no point in a highly detailed model in a low rez sprite game.
Objectively there isn't you tard.

Ok
Post a pic at least

tets

Not him but it's that there's too much of it. After a while you get desensitised and the novelty fades.
Just look at MK11, pretty much everything is gore now. Then you have those Fatal Blows where you do moves that should kill someone like putting a chain through their face but they just get up like nothing happened.

made you click

>nudoom bad
god dammit another one

Attached: bait eternal.png (855x634, 364K)

What's that? Nu Doom running on a Switch?

the arm sprite changes to have all the blood on them, and they're quite noticeably different. First arms sprite is rather flat, second is highly detailed and allows normal map to show lighting off a lot more. Combine this with "shaded area" and "bright area" applied to the sprite's lighting proxy (just a node you attach to the player character that informs the sprite what the fuck is happening and what it should be doing) and it gives the illusion of 3d.

I can also use an asset unpacker to check to see if they're 3d or not myself, provided the demo is public.

Attached: letssee.webm (852x480, 2.87M)

>use high resolution textures
>downscale them
the game

>kills monster
>crowd goes full monkey

Attached: .jpg (960x960, 113K)

There IS a reason for a model in a low resolution game. Actually there's several. Look it up.

most gory games lets you remove it though, opinion discarded.

there is no such thing as sickdark, you failed shitposter.

I see that term used more and more on Yea Forums now so it must be real or is becoming real

double shotty appeared only in d3 expansion
so by your standards only 20% of levels are playable

I never had a single problem with it even with the Games for Windows Live, probably because I had just gotten a brand spanking new i7 system that had no problem with multithreading or Vista.

>just draw thousands of animation frames bro

its in the d3 exp and the secret levels and you can mod it into doom 3

easier than doing claymation

>doesn't know how animation works.
Making 3d or faux 3d sprites is easy as shit.

ok teleport to 1992 then and tell that to ID software

thats not even his point. The point is scultping all the detail on clay model will be lost in the final sprite. It's extra work.

Dude really? How do you think moders make original sprites for doom mods?
They aren't using clay.

dumbass, what if he does and it causes Doom to never get made, then what? it'll be all your fault

Then you don't have anything.
That doesn't solve the problem of too much.

>dude look at all details lost in translation they should just buy expensive Silicon Graphics workstations and render ugly 3d sprites

Attached: 90.jpg (760x408, 79K)

Are you retarded?
If the only good thing about the game is gore why the fuck would you disable it?

>silicon graphics
>for sprites

whats with you retroshit larpers you are shitting up everythread on here and have no clue what you are saying.

That's not how you use larp in a sentence you fucking moron.

like, what's your issue at all? ID didn't have money to hire fucking disney animators to draw enemies and textures by hand

Attached: Donkey_Kong_Country.png (640x449, 527K)

It really sucks watching all my favorite franchises ruined by shitty zoomer devs. Fuck nuDoom and fuck zoomers.

>animators
>draw

yes it is you fucking larping retard.

>boomers: doom
>zoomers: brutal doom
>doomers: forced meme trying but failing to capitalise on the popularity of boomers/zoomers

why are you acting like most sprites aren't drawn in paint?
I swear some of you people are clinically stupid.

>female demons with red skin, huge hair like some 80s model, and a skull thong/skeletal hands bikini?
I hope so

doomer is a transition stage between zoomer and boomer

>female demons with red skin, huge hair like some 80s model, and a skull thong/skeletal hands bikini
Sounds great, what's the problem?

that kind of female character design is problematic, also none of the demons in doom are female anyway, they're an all male homosexual race

It's actually really fucking good, at least if you're a doom fan.

which doom? There are female demons in the Doom universe.

youtube.com/watch?v=CgrLN9Wl4xU

Wrath is the true Doom successor

any idiot can see that is a quake clone.

looks pretty good

maybe you're just an insufferable liberal cunt that has to patronize everything they don't like

None of them have female demons. Except nu doom with that dr turning into that brain spider shit, and that was a male demon forming from a female body, not an actual woman demon.

i actually thought this was a switch game

Pffft lol wrong retard Doom 3 has Spider demons with tits.

Doom 2016 was a good game.

I wish I had such shitty taste.

those are ok because they're ugly. attractive demons in doom would ruin it

Looks like garbage.

What are the enemies doing? You can kite them ad infitum.

Attached: 1000.jpg (210x240, 6K)

If you are trapped in hell and need a root that is the best you are going to get.

OP your game looks good but I would honestly appreciate it more if you just posted with honesty, like "yo guys check out my game what do you think", instead of this blatant stealth shilling thread.
It's beneath us m8.

sage still works??

>doom clones are making a comeback
>NOOOOOO GIVE ME MORE SHITTY MODERN WARFARE
Fucking faggot

Can't wait to play both of these games.

Doom clones died because they were boring cockgobbler

Doom doesn't even play like a real shooter, there's no cursor so you can;t even aim right, you just blindly click whatever is in front and pray you hit it because there's no indication enemies are even being hit. You just hear BOOM click BOOM click BOOM click and suddenly blood everywhere as the enemy falls down. It's shit and lacks the feedback of real shooters.

user I normally hate on nostalgiafaggotry inspired ludditism, like I thought octopath traveller looked awful, but that looks legitimately great

Only complaint is the envoirments aren't also sprites and that the sprites have limited animation frames.

actualy wait the envoirments do look pixelleated in the OP image, can you get it like that in game?

>Burch
Its not related to the one i praise allah every day im not right?

Looks great, I like that they are taking mobility to the next level

At the end of the day like whatever you like but people are going to criticise these deliberately retrofied games.
Maybe it isn't their cup of tea maybe it is your thing. Don't get butthurt.

Who knows

It's not really sprites, they;re 3d models that render as sprites in real time
They'd look half decent if they didn't have so much specular causing fireflies everywhere which is made even worse by the strange sharpen filter they apply to everything. However the blood and particle effects in general are way overdone
If you weren't a newfag you'd remember when the dev used to post here

>there's no indication enemies are even being hit.
I guess you never played Doom in your life if you have never seen a stagger animation. Please put a trip on so is easier to dismiss your ignorance.

Is one thing to say "I don't like it because of X"
and is another to say
>Holy christ whoever came up with this game is pants on head fucking retarded:
> I don't know how people can like shit like this or new Doom or Brutal Doom or whatever the fuck. It looks so goddamn stupid, edgy, tryhard, and childishly immature

Remember it next time you enter a thread for a game you like, after 10 years in this cesspit I have become bored of reading trash being sold as arguments.

Doom, Serious Sam, Gears of War, Turok, these game are not all about the gore.

And with other games, if you say that Dead Space only good thing is the gore you are tasteless

This may blow your mind but im of both opinions. This game looks dumb and cool at the same time.
I don't care if people love it or hate it.

you poor baby some meanies didn't like the game you like.

>pretending to be retarded

>being this butthurt by reality
Fresh cognitive dissonance.

Attached: you_fucking_mongoloid.jpg (708x474, 60K)

hey nice they gave you some choice.

>iron sights
>reloading
No thanks.
>modern lighting effects with low-res sprites
Fuck off.

Then tell me which are the two ideas that I displayed that go against one another?
neat

the fuck is this board's irrational hatred of iron sights? Did a gun with iron sights bully you in high school or something?

You think they just scale the models to zero along camera direction and apply a pixelization shader?

It's a mechanic that is incompatible with classic shooters.

It's a general hatred of cod shooters
false

>have to choose between speed and accuracy
>compatible with classic shooters
Pick one.

I don't think so since the 3d models appear to be taller than the sprites

>zoomers can't stand highly detailed sprites
Nu-doom was shit anyway but you can't go against the hivemind

When is this best coming out
I legit want to play it
The artstyle is fantastic IMO

Nice if true. Actually going the extra mile making true sprite versions.

literally you right now

Attached: crying feel guy.jpg (700x700, 68K)

It seems to have made its money already. If they have a blood slider then it could be good.

I think it looks nice honestky

It needs the blood removed, its too fucking much and looks cringe

Zoomies get triggered so hard from retro graphics. Its delicious.

Attached: 1285615241895.jpg (834x792, 205K)

There's a difference between antiquated graphics and retro graphics (the latter is for zoomers)

Mmmmhm

Attached: 85e6fdc1159f88c2b09b101274b52e00.gif (168x225, 125K)

user zoomers are basically the audience for this stuff.
All the people that didn't play 90s shooters and want in on that.

first of all, good on you for the effort. but to be honest with you bro, i'm leaning towards this being a 3d model that's just shadered to hell. i get it with the blood on the arms but that could just be additional texture, it's not really difficult to do. IF this is 2d then they must have some crazy light direction and sprite shape computation going on, imo.

The blood likely isn't part of the sprite, but Amid Evil does similar things with the lighting and that's all sprites too.

I disagree, the other anons slider suggestion is better

b-b-but cringe!

Can confirm there's no sprites in this game. Its pretty clear from the vid that enemies are just 3d models with "stuttering" animation and pixelated post processing/shader that looks like its sprite, but if you look closely its 3d because it rotates when walking around it just like 3d would.

Player hands are a bit harder to tell 3d from sprite but even from purely logical pov it makes no sense for them to use 3d for everything except player model.

At further inspection - some of the pickups (that one weapon especially) looked a lot like sprites, but I'm willing to bet they just rotate the mode appropriately to make it look like sprite. Otherwise all the lightning effect they use would be a real pain in the ass.

>killing Cybie in 3 SSG shots is "hardcore"
whatever makes you sleep at night, user
but we both know that you touch yourself

nuDoom is literally Painkiller instead of Doom.
>corridor->enclosed arena->corridor->arena->repeat
>sure looks like good level design, for a sequel to a game that could be completed without killing anything except episode bosses

IIRC developers said themselves that they are using PBR'd models. The thing it does is pre-rendering sprites from models on loading the game, then showing you sprites. IDK if it happens in real time, but it looks fine and sprites have no weird discrepancies that usually accompany simple "filter over a model".
IIRC Dead Cells uses similar methods.

But there is an option to turn back the models, and disable allthe "retrofications"

The whole budget of Doom was lower than cost of one SG station.
What's cheaper - making a sculpt out of clay and wires, or super expensive hardware that you also need to learn how to operate in order to use properly (doubt anyone at id had a 3D modelling experience until Quake)

Painkiller is way better than classic Doom though

Why is Yea Forums so shit?

Attached: Pepe parenting.jpg (680x566, 78K)

why the fuck would you want to play a shooter and avoid killing shit? this aint metal gear fucking solid nigga lmao

Because you can. There are multiple ways to play that don't involve choosing different upgrade trees.

People play Doom to be a fucking man and KILL DEMONS, not avoid them. New Doom realizes that and embraces it.

No.

It is a challenge that is in fact harder than playing the game normally.
That was an illustration of differences in level design.
Doom never locked you up in a room with monsters untill you kill all of them, except in the boss encounters.
nuDoom does it all the time.
Doom had mindful item placement and limited player's resources resources
nuDoom has enemy pinhatas because God forbid if player runs out of Gauss ammo.

And then gives you measely 12 demons at once tops instead of 50+. Oooh, so exciting.

This looks like one of those bootleg non-games that get made fun of in dramas and sitcoms

>Doom never locked you up in a room with monsters untill you kill all of them, except in the boss encounters.

In Doom you're not locked up in a room with monsters though. The monsters are locked up in the room with YOU.

thought this was a fan mod of metroid prime hunters.

It was on the redchan episode of law and order, it's the game redchanners play between planning gangrapes on female gamers

haha so epic! it's like a horror game for the enemies

Wow... that looks cool as fuck. Thanks user for bringing this game to my attention. Your taste is as shitty as ever Yea Forums

why do babs think that the appeal of doom was the gore?
its not, its the speed of the game, and part of playing the game fast is being able to tell what something is fast, and you can't do that with all these fucking visual effects

Attached: img_7402.jpg (533x800, 72K)

Exactly. There is no danger or excitement.
nuDoom can never pull off an exciting battle

Attached: ௵.png (1608x927, 1.7M)

its exactly what they wanted they wanted the opposite of your mission:survive

The appeal of Doom is RIP AND TEAR and making Hell your fucking BITCH

Looks pretty cool.

I don't think it'd have nearly the same impact if they used boring 3D models.

nuDoom maybe.
I bet you play your BD on "power fantasy" difficulty, like a little bitch

Your blood doesn't get pumping slaughtering hordes of demons and making them fear your very presence? Are you even a man?

People took the comic seriously.

>what is the appeal of doom/quake
Seeing a variety of monsters and destroying them. It's that simple.

Not if there's just 12 of them :P

just weapon switching alone takes forever in doom it is nowhere fast

If their corpses disappear into thin air without a trace?
Nah.

Why would you want some pansy enemies that are afraid of some mere mortal?

>general inconsistency in the graphical presentation.

I think theyre in the process of turning it all into sprites.

doom slayer isn't a mere mortal.

He was before Bethesda turned him into a Halo.

Doom Slayer is the alpha of all Alphas. Demons fear him.

doom slayer is a faggot in gay suit
now doomguy, he was badass

Thats doom guy. Doom slayer has a backstory.
He is basically what happens when demons renegged on a promise to give a guys son back.
They gave him a demon in the form of a man.
The son is imbued with genocidal rage and hatred towards demons for their double crossing bullshit.

Sounds lame.

Demons aren't afraid of anything. Fear is a rational emotional response and demons are chaotic evil. I don't think they are even capable of anger, just pure chaotic instict and that's why Doomguy is stronger than they are. They just do things literally for the hell of it. Doomguy does what he does because of rage.

Fucking this.

is this garbage true

Attached: 1551976226222.png (383x364, 139K)

Looks fucking great

>hmmm yes shallow and pedantic

Sort of the plot is really vague and delivered in bits and pieces.
But if you are a quake fan you should like because the realm in Doom you go to is probably similar to quake.

>The thing it does is pre-rendering sprites from models on loading the game, then showing you sprites.
wait, so like billboard impostors then?

Yes, Doomslayer was someone that belonged to an order of knights, those white knight guys you see throughout the game. Hell conquered a bunch of dimensions but couldn't conquer those knights because they were too good. Eventually Doomslayer's son is killed, and Hell promises to bring him back if Doomslayer betrays the order, which Doomslayer did. Then the demons brought back Doomslayer's son as the Icon of Sin, which made him go into a fit of rage and start killing demons left and right. He forced a demon to forge him the armor he uses in the game and that's why its so special, he went on killing everything unimpeded until the demons sealed him away in that tomb. Cue Doom 4.

how the fuck would a demon make a futuristic space suit

are those knights legit medieval knights or just space "knights"?

They look pretty good to me. What exactly don't you guys like about them?

this looks like something I could play during real negro hours

>Total Chaos requires a monster rig to run
Oh, so that's why it ran like shit in mine even when I put everything on minimum. I'm relieved to hear this, I thought that there was something wrong with my system.

Doom people are quintessential smallbrains, they should be thankful folks with a moticum of taste and skill take any interest in proximal themes

Shill marketing done well

It's worse than just bad sprites it has a pixel filter on it. You can tell because there's fucking black lines all over the screen

he probably paid for a few vpns desu

The Betrayer and Doomslayer are two different people you idiots
The Betrayer was one of the Sentinels, who betrayed D'Nur and got his son resurrected as demon. It is strongly implied that he was killed afterwards.
>"For his payment, the Betrayer's son was returned to him in our form, and the Icon of Sin was brought upon the heathens. His vengeance was swift and merciless, for the wages of treachery are suffering."
This is in the Wraith lore, and never the Slayer is mentioned.

Doom Slayer was never a Sentinel, but was implied to be their ally (on the tablets). Their armor looks completely different, and Slayer's armor has Earth (english) markings on it, with sentinel symbol being added post-factum. It is also most possible that Slayer+Sentinel teamup happened after Betrayal, while/shortly after D'Nur was being absorbed into Hell (same way Earth goes in Eternal)

The connection Slayer=Betrayer was made by people who want "deeper lore", but do not bother to actually read said lore, and more hang up on their fanons and headcanons.

TC is pretty much unaffected by quality settings from what I can tell since even on lowest it edges on the absolute maximum of what GZDoom can handle without outright crashing.

You can disable all the effects

Attached: ௵.png (950x534, 729K)

imagine being upset about nothing you faggot

looks kino

overdesigned and gay-looking

>TC is pretty much unaffected by quality settings from what I can tell since even on lowest it edges on the absolute maximum of what GZDoom can handle without outright crashing.
What are the system requirements?

any other fellow consumers feel like buying PRODEUS???

Unquantifiable. But it struggles to hold above 30 on Core i7 3770 + GTX660Ti

That they're new

>pretending to hate a game just to shill it

Attached: Its Ben.jpg (600x678, 250K)

Yea Forums: they don't make good games like doom and quake anymore
also Yea Forums: omg wheeeeeze fucking doom clone look at the top of his head

fuck off OP

Attached: 1556971728722.jpg (784x834, 37K)

>Yea Forums is one person

way too much shit on screen, lose the blue visor and make other elements smaller, its not a phone game

>They are clearly renders of 3D models
>Didn't just use the fucking 3D models

That's what gets me about it DESU.

Looks like a disgusting demon and not an anime waifu or Japanese black blob monster.

looks eeeeeeeeeeh
also this thread looks like some weak attempt at grassroots marketing campaign
just buy ad space faggot, hiroshiberg needs the money

And it worked, you people are so easy to market to, just look at all the retards who bought Monsters because of a forced meme.

Yeah, really glad that they didn't go to the design philosophy of making a game about blowing shit away beatable without killing anything.

>Resource management
>In Doom

Welp now I Just know it's shitty nostalgia talking. I don't ever want to go back to a sub 30 fps game where I can't aim up.

ah, fuck. i can barely see the game, one sec bros

Attached: clothing_glasses-768x512.jpg (768x512, 27K)

god, hold on one second, everything's still really blurry

Attached: cleaning-eye-glasses.jpg (1688x1125, 479K)

Instead you have a typical 8-hour FPS campaign with no real replay value.

>babby can't think of several things at once
>what is a source port

i couldnt tell that was a zombie with his face peeled off

i thought those were dudes wearing glowy eyed helmets like the new vegas ranger dude

looks awful either way

It was more like 12 hours and with arcade mode, the custom maps and multiplayer I got over 30 hours which considering I paid 30 dollars for it is more than enough for me.

>Saying I can't think of multiple things at once
>Doesn't realize I'm saying you don't have to manage shit in the original Doom
>What is a source port

Well, for one, it's not Doom.

>actually playing that shitty halo clone excuse for multiplayer

Attached: 1431737579300.jpg (1024x768, 85K)

>Doom Slayer was never a Sentinel, but was implied to be their ally (on the tablets). Their armor looks completely different, and Slayer's armor has Earth (english) markings on it, with sentinel symbol being added post-factum. It is also most possible that Slayer+Sentinel teamup happened after Betrayal, while/shortly after D'Nur was being absorbed into Hell (same way Earth goes in Eternal)
mind numbingly stupid

It's better than the original Dooms multiplayer and I enjoyed that.

retard

>"i was only pretending" defence

>So what you're saying is

Okay libcuck

ya might need lasik surgery to see this

>trying to convince a concom that he is a lib

>its at thread where Yea Forums hates old and new videogames that isnt nintendo or sony

NEXT

>female demons with red skin, huge hair like some 80s model, and a skull thong/skeletal hands bikini

Attached: tenor.gif (498x396, 2.07M)

That's not true. I am excited for plenty of retro FPS revivals, but this one looks like actual garbage.

Fuckin boomers i swear to god

I would honestly play this over Doom 2016 it looks way more interesting than that pile of boring shit.