Shin Megami Tensei

SMT thread
new to the series and playing Nocturne for the first time, how should I be allocating my stats? Just dump everything into St or Ma?

Attached: Shin_Megami_Tensei_Nocturne_NA_cover.png (220x309, 108K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Megaten/comments/5wkz2b/nocturne_formulas_that_use_agility_and_luck/
phpsimplicity.com/heretic/
youtube.com/watch?v=4YQd2hXthio&t
youtube.com/watch?v=dN0bH79tlO8)
megamitensei.fandom.com/wiki/Magatama
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

STRENGTH
STRENGTH
WORLD OF FUCKING STRENGTH YOU FUCKING PUSSY

ST until 30 and then a bit of agi if you want to be the first in act
Fog breath everything
Dont forget the nulls

Literally STR. It's objectively the best build.

STR.
In this game buff and debuffs, especially the speed ones, are VERY FUCKING IMPORTANT
Do not forget Fog Breath ever.

World of LUK

Attached: 1531643048260.jpg (216x178, 7K)

STR , hit em with the freikugel

strength
also we already have a thread up with over 200 replies.

Strength, magic can exploit press turns early game but it has a hard damage cap late game (str doesn't), and when everyone late game has super magic resistances it's up to criting to exploit those press turns which mag can't do.
TLDR: WORlD OF STRENGTH

Attached: 1556648843207.jpg (352x501, 53K)

luck is amazing but you have to get it to 25 before you start really seeing crits

So just dump everything in STR and then a little bit of AGI to outspeed enemies? Seems easy enough, are other stats really not that good/not worth it? Thank you all for the advice.
I at least tried to check the catalogue by searching "SMT" and "Shin Megami Tensei" first. Sorry.

Attached: Untitled-12.jpg (800x800, 52K)

For 1 and 2, just don't put anything into Magic. You literally can't cast spells at all. Putting points into Int however is fine because it helps increase your chance of recruiting demons.

For IV, magic is best for most of the game... only for you to basically need Dex for a lot of later game stuff which makes Dex over all better.

For Devil Survivor, Magic is just BETTER. But the 3DS Overclocked version has some better physical skills, and so physical is more viable.

Strength and Agility

Higher agility means better chances of hitting an enemy and evading the attack.

Focus on STR with points in AGI and VIT every once in a while. MAG and LCK don't matter.

Nocturne is best enjoyed blind, I stringly advise against guides. You may struggle a bit but that's part of tbe fun.

Attached: ONE MORE GOD REJECTED.png (1920x1080, 1.58M)

Magic increases your magic defense so it might be worth a few points (though it might also be equally if not more effective to negate the magic the boss is using or just pump more into vit) and don't treat all spells like the plague, never hurts to carry a few for the early and mid game but late game you should defo have all phys skills. Also for the love of God get the skill called "Focus" and keep it, it multiples your next phys skill/normal attack by 2.5x and it's invaluable it will be your bread and butter for the game.

Nice to see those Nocturne threads precisely around the time I finally got to play it myself.
Where the fuck is Fog Breath?

magic doesn't actually increase magic defense
I think other games in the series do this but not nocturne.

Max STR you fag

Get, Fog breath, focus and war cry.
Use lunge or normal attacks until you get Divine shot.

That's all you need to know.

its like the third or forth move off the magatama you get from Forneus.

wadatasumi

Welp, time to level my Magatamas.
I have the MC with all debuffs, but I guess Fog Breath replaces Sukunda entirely

Don't forget to savescum your Wild Effect procs :)

For the physical build:
- STR (can stop at 24 and resume later when you fill out other stats)
- CON
- MAG (if you use any spells at all)
- AGI
- LUC
For the magical build:
- MAG
- CON
- AGI
- LUC

>CON
VIT, I mean.

Fog breath is -2 and sukunda is -1, saves a lot of turns, if you pass on a demons turn 1st turn (assuming the boss won't be a dekunda/dekaja whore) you can already have them at -4.

Clear up some misconceptions here.

Don't put any points in AGI, the formulas in Nocturne are fucked up and it barely affects hit or evasion at all simply turn order. Put points into STR ONLY and maybe VIT here and there. luck is worthless, MAG is shit in the lategame

These are wrong. AGI does NOT effect hit/evasion, or really that it it has a fucked up formula. 1 stat into AGI is the same as 40 stats into it. It doesn't do anything. All you need is buffs and debuffs for boss fights.
reddit.com/r/Megaten/comments/5wkz2b/nocturne_formulas_that_use_agility_and_luck/
This is wrong. MAG does not increase defense, same for VIT. it simply increases magical "hit rate" (aka doesn't do shit), MP and damage.

Attached: optb0yn3xR1rr1yi7_540.png (400x400, 190K)

Shit sounds broken af, especially considering I keep Sukukaja on more demons.

You shouldn't put points into AGI/LUCK/MAG. You are wasting levels.

I've been meaning to give Majin Tensei 2 a shot ever since it got translated a while back. Anyone got any tips about stat allocation and demons?

Attached: MaTIIJapan.png (923x1664, 2.87M)

I'd say that maintaining enough Agi to go first each turn is very much worth it, since it means you can Focus + attack by having a demon pass their turn and the Demifiend is almost certainly your hardest hitter throughout the entire game.

Also, what this user said. Stats cap out at 40, but you can stop putting points into them when you reach 30 because there's an endgame Magatama which gives +10 to all stats.
Also, if you find incences, use them at once so you could spend your level up stat points better.

STR, VIT, maybe some LUC

It does in SJ, but I don't think it does in Nocturne.

That said, initially, MA looks terrible in SJ because your gun skills key off of Strength, but the player receives extra damage reduction from MA because of it. It already reduces damage taken from magic for demons pretty heavily, but for the player, it can make you exceptionally tanky, especially if your VI is high as well.

Personally, I prefer a Vitality build with Magic secondary in SJ just because it turns the main character into a brick wall that only really dies to instant death attacks before you equip something to null them. Strength isn't bad since having a strength focused suit ensures that you'll always at least have one heavy damage dealer, but if you're diligent with fusing your demons, you won't need to bother too much.

You have to put points somewhere when you've maxed out STR and VIT. Also, good luck using buffs and debuffs with a measly hundred MP.

Fog breath is one of the best skills in the game. Also if the boss has Dekunda the retarded AI will not use it at -2. Only a couple of select bosses like the Metatron or the Black Rider actually bother to use it.

The MC will not be using debuffs and buffs, he is the main offensive attacker

Yeah fog breath is broken, ain't much getting around that, only thing that compares/is strong is debilitate, -1 to everything (which even then it has an exberuent mp cost)

You can still do that unless you have the lowest AGI possible in your team

Your demons should buff and debuff late game. Everything you spend not attacking and buffing is wasted damage. If your demons do it problem solved, the Demi fiend can easily out damage any and all demons you can recruit and autism fuse.

If I recall correctly you don't have any control over your stat distribution in SJ
Also I remember my MC having a low magic stat and he was getting OHKOd while defending by the last boss' AOE magic, so it seems pretty important.

STR
Do not get rid of Focus when you get it, you can't recover skills that you discard and it's literally the best skill in the game

I kinda fell off with playing through this about a month after getting to Ginza since it seemed kind of dull on the story front. The gameplay's alright and all, but it doesn't really do anything interesting that I haven't seen watered down to a certain degree in the Persona games that came after.

Is it worth picking back up or should I just quit while I'm still ahead?

SMT games have a pretty minimalistic story, I say stick with nocturne till you do the obelisk dungeon, all the good shit is in the late game. But after the reasons start popping up if it's still too much of a chore it prob just ain't for you.

Got after Ose in Nihilo here.
If you don't like the story so far there isn't much ahead, I was in for the gameplay so I am enjoying myself.

>The MC will not be using debuffs and buffs
Nigga what
Why the fuck not
How many turns do you want to spend debuffing the enemy? Every party members should have at least one buff/debuff spell.

All you need is Fog Breath and War Cry, Attack up and defense down. The MC will never not be attacking since he's the best damage dealer in the game and can far outpace any demon

The only real control you have over your stats is during the initial questionaire, it determines which stat gets priority. After that, it's random rolls to allocate your three points per level.

I gamed the system a bit because I had dedicated grinding spots where I'd gain 5-6 levels at a time, if I didn't like the stats I got, I'd reset out until I did. With the VI suit, I almost always got 1 VI every level, so it was mostly a matter of making sure I got a little magic to work with as well, usually 1 MA every other level. Rest I just let fall where they may.

>The MC will never not be attacking since he's the best damage dealer
What if you are fighting an enemy who's immune to MC's attacks?

Like one boss? Just turn skip and use items.

Which you do, if you don't put any points in AGI.

>AGI does NOT effect hit/evasion
Why are you lying?
>Start a new game. Level up 20 times, put everyting into STR.
>Start a new game. Level up 20 times, put everything into AGI.
Now with both saves on your memory card (or HDD, depends on where you play) start fightign normal enemies. You will see which build hit and which misses the enemies.

It makes sense to skip turns only if you can't do anything worthwhile as your current character. And if you can buff/debuff, you should do that.

No, Mamagatama gives bonuses and you have incense

There are doors in the Labyrinth of Amala which can be opened only when your stats are high enough. That's reason enough to put points into AGI, LUC and whatever else those doors need.

Yes and you will always hit 90% of time witha normal attack. Now 40 AGI at any level doesn't matter, use lunge and you will miss constantly.

If you have a debuff you are literally only going to use it once. It's pointless

>Dekunda

Sounds like a lot of work.
Last time I played I only got exp from bosses, I unsummoned all my demons and the MC would level up several times, letting me fuse a new batch of demons.

Bosses don't use Dekunda at -2, only a select few so. The AI in Nocturne is literally fucking retarded and have a threshold.

That's my preferred method of leveling, solo or one demon parties, but I do most of my leveling outside of boss fights for better control over levels. Once the MC skyrockets up in level and stops gaining EXP at a decent speed, it was a trivial matter to fuse some high level demons with cheap elementals and go from there.

PUMP STR
GET FOG BREATH
DO WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU WANT

Attached: df.png (314x307, 203K)

>only a select few so
From the top of my head: Matador and Mot. Both are a pain in the ass. So thanks for proving my point, I guess.

>tfw fused Uzume for Kikuri-Hime before knowing about Mana Refill
FUCK. FUCK. FUCK. 11K MACCA TO RECALL THE BITCH.

mag and freikugel :)

Wrong. Matador won't do it at -2 sukunda, only if you add rakunda or tarunda does he use Red Capote/Dekunda. Mot is one of the exceptions but he's one of the easier bosses in the game so its pointless.

>not looking up every demon's skills in order to know when to fuse them away
Now you know.

Rakunda is the cheapest debuff, so that's the one you have to use if you want him to waste a turn on Dekunda.

What everyone else said, STR, and by late game iirc most of the OP shit is really easy to find so you'll have fun tearing through shit. If you like nocturne or want something with a bit more direct story try Digital Devil Saga afterward.

Without reading wikis how the fuck am I supposed to know.
Do you really expect me to grind every single fucking demon before even using fusions.

Actually he does use Dekunda/Red Capote again at half HP.
Though yeah, you need 3 debuffs for him to cast Dekunda, it's actually a good idea to not get hit by Taunt->Andalucia.

That's a weird way to spell Persona

This. Trust in nothing but your own strength, boi.

Attached: Toguro.gif (500x375, 838K)

Play Hardtype instead of base Nocturne. You can see skills and their actual descriptions

So Fog Breath and Focus are the only core skills I really need, and I assume my party should have the other buffs/debuffs
Should I constantly be moving new stuff into my party as I get newer demons?

Attached: news_reporter.png (900x732, 344K)

>STR > DEX > MAG
You know what time it is..

Attached: image.jpg (680x680, 52K)

>Without reading wikis how the fuck am I supposed to know.
phpsimplicity.com/heretic/
Download the app, though it's a bit buggy.
>Do you really expect me to grind every single fucking demon before even using fusions.
If you want to actually beat the game, yes.

30 points into strength/vitality (more like 25-27 since incenses.) The best magatama adds 10 to everything but luck. Luck does literally nothing but affect your ambush rate (which is still high despite it being maxed) and on hard all it does is literally affect your drop rate. Agility is also worthless despite what you might think, except for turn order. Modders found that roughly the first 10 points do the most for your chance to hit, then you need like 30 points for it to have another noticeable effect.

Early/mid game there are much better phys spells that scale off of HP total rather than strength. With life surges you could cap out at 999 HP quicker than you'll get deadly fury, oni kagura or whatever. STR kills it at end game though depending on how quick you level.

The reason magic sucks is that it gets weaker as you level up while strength keeps going up. Early game though people have luck with force boost and tornado but I got by fine just debuffing with my MC whenever a phys immune guy came up.

Always have one debuff/dekaja/dekunda demon.

Learn all the skills first than fuse. And play on hard mode, the game is really easy on normal.

Didn't really read the thread (aside from seeing that str >>> mag) but in general can I just wander into hard mode blindly and get the good ending without getting stuck, or will I need external guidance for party building and story advancement help?

This is as good as a wiki also
>implying you can't beat the game
Maybe you mean the bullshit hard mode, but on Normal it's not gamebreaking, hell, I beat Matador without fucking Sukukaja nor Uzume.

>and on hard all it does is literally affect your drop rate.
It actually doesn't even do that

Yes. It's best for your demons to constantly have designated roles like buffing, attacking, etc. Always carry over skills and register your demons in the Compendium frequently.
>Focus
>Fog Breath
Freikugal and Gaea Rage should also be mandatory skills for a STR build. Magma Axis could also be slapped in for MAG coverage just in case, but you probably won't need it. Remember to get Divine Shot though since it'll carry you for awhile until you get Freikugal.

You can fuse in this game? I just got to Shibuya, haven't seen anything like that yet

CATHEDRAL OF SHADOWS
GO THERE
NOW

You will see the Cathedral in Shibuya

youtube.com/watch?v=4YQd2hXthio&t

Attached: akuma-posters.png (1280x1500, 3.39M)

Even the Normal mode is hard if you don't know what you are doing. At the very least, you need to know how battles work (namely, the Press Turn system) and what skills are a must-have.
Shibuya is where you can start fusing. As for the Compendium, it unlocks in the fucking Ikebukuro (two major areas after Shibuya).

>implying you can't beat the game
I should've said "if you want to make a strong party".

Russia-Kun, I..

Projared's nudes remind me of Nocturne designs

On Normal the game is only easy if you are a faggot and read guides for optimal builds.

Yeah that makes more sense.
I am just gonna recall Uzume when I really need her Mana Refill, for now it would cost me way too much.
Also I got spoiled on Pixie getting a massive buff later on or something like that so I am always keeping her as backup healer/Trafuri

You can still fuse Pixie and her evolutions away, just don't get rid of her completely.

??

>Also I got spoiled on Pixie getting a massive buff later on or something like that
You can fuse her, you just have to have a demon with that same Pixie in its family tree. So don't sacrifice it or give it to that one guy who needs a Demon to help him dig.

Well fuck, I breezed through devil survivor and SJ was only "hard" at the final boss so I figured this would be similar. Is most of it learnable from in-game sources? And do you need to fight random fights to level up?

Professional, MVP SMT3 player coming through. I'm seeing some bad advice.

Most should go into STR until like 26-27 (you get incenses and the best magatama adds +10 to everything but luck.) VIT runner up since HP scaling skills are more available early to mid game (as in they're basically the only skills you get for PHYS) and with life surges you theoretically could max out your damage potential with them way before those end game STR skills that everyone pretends you get at level 10 rather than level 83.

LCK is literally worthless. It affects item drops and ambush (appeared behind) rates on normal. On hard it only affects item drops.

AGI is secretly worthless. The first 10-15 points matter the most but afterwords you basically have to max it out for a marginal increase in hit chance. Buffs/debuffs work much better. Confirmed by modders, don't @me.

MAG isn't necessary for either split builds (lmao be bad at two things) or magic defense since you get too much HP for it to actually be worth it. People like to take force boost + tornado since it's available early on but I got by fine with my demons and just debuffing whenever phys immune people showed up. You get 3 active demons at a time, you don't need split damage on the MC.

Life drain/meditation is underrated. Fully buffed you can drain like 400 life/mp from an enemy per cast and just disarm over half the bosses in the game. They'll just sit around trying to cast spells while you autobattle them to death. Most of them only have around 2000 MP, and mobs you can take them out in 1/2 casts. I beat all the PHYS immune enemies this way without needed to fuse more demons.

Fiends are basically the best demons available.

I am getting confused now.
So my original Pixie evolved to High Pixie, but I recalled Pixie as well.
Who is getting the buff or did I fuck up.

Only the original Pixie (and her evolutions) gets the buff. The one recorded in the Compendium and new ones you can recruit or fuse don't count.

The High Pixie is getting the buff. Only the original pixie counts, the ones you get from compendium or recruiting don't count. However, you can fuse the original Pixie just fine, just make sure that the demon with that specific Pixie in its family tree never gets sacrificed.

So the High Pixie I have, alright, thanks.

Easy way to keep track is just never dismiss the first slot. You want to keep pixie because she helps you bypass some heavy grinding needed for some doors at the end of Amala which is necessary for TDE and the most content.

k I got it.
Gonna play rn and fuse the recalled pixie to something.

You don't need to read guides, normal mode is pretty easy. Fiends are super broken, bosses are very weak and many don't have dekaja/dekunda (and if they do they barely use it) which adds to buffs and debuffs being very OP, Bright/Dark Might exist, the labyrinth gives you lots of extra exp, you can buy chakra drops for only 600 yen at the underpass. back attacks rarely happen on NM compared to them almost always happening on HM which means you don't need Minds Eyes so that's a extra slot for the MC

>normal mode is pretty easy
Playable and fully without guides and not too much struggle, sure.
"Very easy", that's just not true.

Can someone tell me spoiler-free how to get the TDE?

Just beat Amala. Before entering a giant tower at the very end (final dungeon.) You'll know if you went too far because the game will straight up tell you what your reason is.

I recommend entering it though from the back and getting some reusable item in it. You only lock in your ending when you enter the elevator.

Killing all the Fiends and completing the Labyrinth of Amala is the only thing you have to do. From there on you kill all the Reason Bearers and done.

If you played any jrpg before you aren't going to have a rough time on normal, it's actually really boring since there's no 2x damage modifier and with no increase shop prices there's no tension during dungeon crawling since you have loads of items.

Finish the labyrinth before the final dungeon

Make sure not to agree with any of the Reasons that character present as the story goes on or you could accidentally align yourself with one by mistake. Just answer questions neutrally and you should be good. You're going to need to be around Level 70 or so before clearing the final Kalpa of the Amala Labyrinth since the bosses there are.. rather tough. Don't forget to fuse the Fiends though after beating them in battle. They're very helpful in combat, and are downright some of the best demons in the game.

>Life drain/meditation is underrated
Too bad Demi-fiend can't get either.

>got the freedom ending
I mean, I'm not disappointed. All of the reasons were pretty retarded so I'd rather punch all the friend-gods instead of listening to their sass.

Attached: 1557369396950.jpg (382x365, 109K)

He can assist with war cry. Also life drain is better than meditation for some reason. My red rider was pulling more MP than my meditation was doing, both at 40 MAG. Maybe it was level difference but I don't think so since magic skills don't keep up as you level up.

It's another kick the can down the road ending but it's basically one of the two "good" endings in the game.

Freedom & TDE are the only way to go.

Yeah I figured as much. Planning to do TDE with the hardtype mod since I mostly skipped the labyrinth on my normal playthrough.

doesn't matter at all you noob, tde overrides other endings

Get Thunderclap ASAP. You want it, trust me on this. Also Magic is arguably better than physical since you can pierce and have TWO boost effects

But if you lock yourself into a Reason ending before you finish the Labyrinth, you can't get TDE.

Dragon Quest x SMT should be a thing

Should I get Taunt? Double Rakunda is great, but at a cost of a double Tarukaja on enemies it's kinda scary.

Just use dekunda

Taunt is high risk, high reward. Its best to use on enemies who aren't Physical attackers.

You faggots played Raidou Kuzunoha? I'm just about halfway through it and fucking loving it

How would that work?

Literally use it and Dekunda in unison and you can bust through most enemies. When you get Debilitate later on though, it makes this trivial since it lowers every stat.
I'm waiting for Raidou 3..

Only if you cast Tetrakarn on the party. You can cheese the Mara boss fight with Tetrakarn and two Taunts (probably the only boss fight you can cheese in Nocturne).

You can cheese lots of fights in Nocturne

Attached: Nocturne.webm (720x404, 2.91M)

What's it like?

So far it's been great, the combat has that same "Everything it coming together" feeling that SMT has except you get to run around and physically whack the fucking demon giving you trouble. It's only issue would be slow movement speed in the overworld and especially as demons.

You don't lock yourself until you enter the tower. You activate flags and points that will determine what reason you get in the tower but you have to actually enter it to lock in. TDE overrides all flags and points.

Yeah, you have to know when exactly to use the item with the Tetrakarn effect for this. But for Mara, you can use it right in the beginning and watch him kill himself with a single attack.

Do we really need a Nocturne remake? I know there was a lot of cut or unfinished plot elements in the game, and extra shit they could do to fix it up, but meh.

It'd be funny if there was an entire quest line of the Mara thing. First time they summon an incomplete Slime Mara, and for the 2nd quest they manage to make a complete Mara.

Two ways to make Nocturne more fun:
- let the player choose skills during fusion
- achievements

>Achievements
user, I..

I don't think there is really much to add to Nocturne. It's just you walking around killing shit then your friends give you a personality quiz afterwords before fucking off.

Freedom I feel is the best ending in Nocturne.

>implying you even need mag for force boost tornados to do damage
and demis early game aoe sucks, you dont need tornado once you get a good aoe phys skill

I expected this reaction. In that case, even one thing (choosing skills) will be enough to greatly improve Nocturne.
In my defense, I'll say certain achievements could be lots of fun.

macca grinding is bullshit, just use cheat engine unless you want to purposely gimp yourself by doing some endless battles

would certainly be a welcome addition. Some QoL improvements like skill inheritance couldn't hurt too.
but I ain't having a Doi rework. if they're remaking it, I want it to be pure, unadulterated Kaneko style

Or just use the tunnel between 3rd and 4th (or was it 4th and 5th?) kalpas to get 40k macca at a time.

Shijima sounds pretty based and reminiscent of Yaldy in P5 desu, but I make it a habit to be pro human in SMT

it's all the same once we put exploits on the table, might as well do the quickest and most time efficient way

Doi replicates Kaneko's art style to a large degree when it comes to his character designs. Demons are another thing entirety though. Kaneko won't be returning as an artist though so, meh.

it sounds pretty cool on paper (the setting, the character design) but that fucking combat tho

Attached: 1554840748615.png (1280x800, 921K)

if there's anyone he's replicating it's Soejima. just compare their Mayas, basically identical. Once you have someone who can do some quirky, crazy shit like Kaneko, it's hard to find a true successor.
I know he ain't returning from the flower fields and it still hurts

Attached: 1552369814032.jpg (1015x1831, 627K)

2's combat was great at least

Nocturne doesn't need a remake but it can benefit from one. since it has lots of problems. Making the bosses and enemies a lot stronger, buffing magic in the lategame, buffing physical in the early game, better plot and characterization, make all the stats worthwhile, special full moon encounters, 20-30 news demons, change the garbage teleport mazes, remove the hidden skills, etc

Attached: 1551595944429_waifu2x_art_noise3_scale_tta_1.png (480x480, 323K)

My favorite setting, plot, characters in a SMT game but that combat is such a buzzkill.
2 has better gameplay but it didn't grip me as much.
Also 1 gets completely wild as it goes on so have fun.

Attached: raidou.jpg (400x550, 81K)

Hidden skills?

you know what would really work for raidou? Ni No Kuni 2's combat, a perfect balance action RPG where guns and melee are involved, and you can still manage your allies' attacks

use your imagination
as long its not failed fusion like TMS

Attached: gsdx_20190501225820.jpg (1920x1080, 273K)

I can't, I've never played any Dragon Quest.

tell me why do people say Nocturne's atmosphere is top notch? most of the music are downright monotonous, and don't give me that "b-but it's intentional" crap

it already exists user, it's called the Last Bible

i liked #FE

nice
is Last Bible any good?

play soul hackers!

Attached: 1557143102262.jpg (880x1040, 167K)

#FE is fuckin good.

Attached: SMT #FE collage.jpg (4000x2243, 3.63M)

Now this is based

Attached: 0cf77ace9dc9e006a49157a1b752722a.jpg (433x650, 49K)

not a damn clue, but hey at least all 5 of them are translated

so how come Nocturne has better models than P3? do the audio from voices and dialogue really take up that much space?

Is digital devil saga any good? I vaguely remember playing it long ago but never beat it so I was thinking of trying it again.

it's basically SMT: Final Fantasy what more can you possibly ask

i always look for it when i go to gamestop
i don't even really know what it's like

SJ Redux is hard!

first person exploration and combat, no press turn (think Persona 1), sick setting and atmosphere, fully voiced acting, etc

>Let Jimenez kill Jack
>Alignment shifts to chaos
Bros, I.....

Beezelbub is a bullshit post-game boss

the fuck were they thinking remaking SJ but not make it have Press Turn?

Jack deserved it tho
I wonder if he made it back to the surface in the neutral endings?

>A handful of new locations and dungeons to make the Vortex World fuller with more regions to explore
>An expanded roster of Demons for increased variety (Around 30 or 40+)
>Combat updates from the newer titles like Apocalypse's Smirk mechanic, Affinities, and Hama/Mudo being actual attacks
>Being able to choose which skills get inherited when fusing Demons in the Cathedral of Shadows
>Small aesthetic changes like each Magatama having it's own tattoo colors and patterns (Unnecessary, but it would be cool)
>Baal Avatar, Noah, Ahriman, and Lucifer being NG+ demons for fusions after clearing a specific route of the game (Unnecessary, but it would be great so their models don't go to waste)
>All the additional content from Maniax being present
>A little more plot and characterization focus on all the Reason bearers
>A handful of extra challenging secret bosses
>Enhanced graphics
>Cut or unfinished events from the Debug Mode getting implemented in the game somehow, possibly as side quests (youtube.com/watch?v=dN0bH79tlO8)
That's all I got.

Attached: MORNING STAR.png (974x623, 319K)

I bought this at a recent trip to Japan. Pristine condition. Feelsgoodman. I wish I bought SMT1 too but I had limited luggage space.

Attached: IMG_20190509_100257.jpg (2160x3840, 3.12M)

Jack honestly deserved it.
I appreciate the change in combat. It's more akin to the older first person dungeon crawling SMT titles. Plus the Co-Op attack of course.

tldr
but Lilith is so damn hot

Attached: YurikoRender.png (816x2320, 696K)

>playing censored sh*t
top cuck

That wasn't a lot of text.

What's that around her ankle?

Excellent choices user pretty jealous actually
Have fun! I've heard nothing but praise for Ishin and I know the other two is excellent.

Attached: 1447568033397.jpg (240x240, 13K)

A ankle bracelet. Too bad she got cucked by a dead girl.

Attached: Lilith.png (2300x854, 2.35M)

having played SMT now I like to think that Persona is just a matrix-like "playground" made by one of the head honcho demons where some dudes are born to be the protagonists who can wrangle an emulated version of demons called personas. just a silly headcanon i know

put points only in str until you hit 25, if on emulator you can use save states to manipulate rng and get +1 extra point on each level up if you have correct magatama equipped. when you hit 30str you must stop. there's item in the end game that gives +10 to all stats. after you finish str push vit to 30. high agi and high luck can be good in some situations like evading and landing multi hits. leave mag for last or ignore it, not worth it.

megamitensei.fandom.com/wiki/Magatama

fog breath and war cry skills are very important for boss fights. and get tornado asap.

sounds interesting enough
i'll definitely pick it up eventually
is there some gimmick to the combat ala press turn or co-op attacks?
i'm making my way through strange journey redux right now and i gotta say i thought i would be more invested in the story
the dungeon crawling is cool but i still prefer 3d

Which version are you playing, the one with dante or the one with the devil summoner cop boy?

Allocate between strength and mana. On my second play i went brute and just put my first stats just on strength to open the gate under the Mantra building.

Dont evolve the fairy and keep her in your party theres a secret door that gives her a boost to level 80 with some of the best moves and stats.

Pixie can be fused any number of times you want. The demon resulting from the fusion(s) will always be at the top of the list.
All you have to do is not discard that demon and you'll eventually get the turbopixie.

I'm playing the devil summoner cop boy version, which reminds me, which widescreen patch that works?

STR and make your party consist of only fiends.

tfw fused Matador with Rakukaja, Sukukaja and Rakunda.

Forgot pic
He got "no u"'d

Attached: 1458721608903.gif (962x698, 17K)

>Fusing/evolving Pixie

ISHYGDDT

Attached: 3FDDCC8A-A703-4F82-B01B-4DD3DBAF6039.png (387x380, 33K)

Why not?

Attached: 1557113220997.gif (376x396, 1.2M)

dump your points into playing an actual good game that isnt shin megami trashsei

What's your issue with SMT?

SMTV when?
It's been 1,000 years

trash weeb shit locked on japanese weeby weeb language shit or handheld shit nobody has shit

>it's bad because I can't play it
Also Nocturne isn't the only localized SMT, wtf are you on.

>go on 4channel, a website made by a weeb for other weebs
>use weeb as an insult
user...

No toots allowed

Attached: fumi toots.jpg (800x467, 299K)

I stopped playing after I've arrived in what appears to be manikins city? Where should I go next?

Demonica Girls

Attached: 1509097972796.png (1455x512, 355K)

You are in Ginza underpass?
You are supposed to give a collector guy an item you will find in Loki's room in Ginza, he will open a new section of the underpass for you.
Get your buffs ready, Matador is right after this.

>go to america white land made for whites

Attached: whitemale.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

What do I call Hitomi?

No. it was like a city in the middle of desert. There's a lot of manikins and there's a minigame u can play

definitely the best improvement in redux

On the subject of builds, how do you make MC and Zeed stop being hot dogshit in Soul Hackers? Nemissa's great even without Roma Fulgens, but the other two seem shit no matter what, Zeed's agreeableness aside.

Ah, that's Asakusa. To progress from there:
- meet Sakahagi
- talk to Futomimi in Mifunashiro
- then Hijiri will tell you to go to the Obelisk

Any news on SMT 5?

Yeah release date is winter 2025.

>america
>land of redskins
>built by black and chinese laborers
>white
user...

>built by black and chinese laborers
What did they build?

Railroad tracks.

Railroads and the cotton industry. Huge parts of the economy in the 1800's you know.

It's be a waste of their time to remake any of the PS2 MegaTen games in my eyes, especially when they could remake SMT1 instead, which actually needs it. I'm always disappointed to see people beg for a Nocturne or P3 remake when both have already been re-released twice and neither needs a third version.

2's combat was better, bit I wouldn't call it great.

>Nocturne is available on the PSN
>except it's not available in my country
What the actual fuck is this

>2025
>V finally released
>Switch already on death's door
>Presentation is half assed as usual
>Some persnoyna features seeps in the game
>characters are even more annoying than in apocalypse
>Persona 6 is already out and about

A port would definitely be nice for that reason, as well as the PS3 EU version of the game being unbeatable and the other PS3 MegaTen's have fucked up audio, but just because but could use a port doesn't mean it needs a remake.

Stop bitching for once in your life, there's no indication that any of that will happen at all. There's more to life than spending every waking hour whining about Persona.

Can Persona 6 be about the college life or will we be stuck in high school again?

listen gayboi i write for a gaming outlet and i have 95k followers on twitter

yeah, im kinda a big deal and you should be GREATFUL for the chance to bask in my undivided and graceful opinion that you called "whining".

mhhm...kay??

No. absolutely not.

Pretty much World of STR, user.

>playing raidou
>love the setting, atmosphere and characters
>love the idea of walking around with demons and them helping you solve crimes
>love only slightly less annoying morgana

>combat is stiff as hell
>demons only know about 2 moves and miss half the time
>constantly use dia if youve lost 1 hp unless directed otherwise every fight
>same 3 demons in every area
I want to love this game but it's beginning to feel like such a chore. I just got to Episode 3, should I keep going?

Attached: 1511467711766.jpg (1080x1080, 187K)

What the hell is that cat doing?

Yes you loser, everything you like about the game only gets better, enough to justify the negatives.

Never heard of peep shows?

'bout to face Zeus in womb of grief, what demons should i fuse (i'm neutral, by the way)

>LCK is literally worthless. It affects item drops and ambush (appeared behind) rates on normal. On hard it only affects item drops.
Luck doesn't affect item drops.