What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: RomeLobby.jpg (2000x1125, 411K)

Entitled gamers throwing a bitch fit.

5 mana has been added to your pool

You'll just find another flavor of the month "bad" game to be outraged over soon. You gamers bitch just to bitch, you act like the devs are entitled to serve you.

nothing, they always test the newest engine with a shitty Roman era game.

Only democracies feel like a semi-complete system, contrary to trib*s and monarchies. that being said I like to casually blob as Oponia.

Attached: 20190505061409_1.jpg (2560x1080, 408K)

ya, how dare gamers demand a game that isn't complete shit

>Buying a Paradox game at release
>Buying a Paradox game before all the bug fixes
>Buying a Paradox game before the release of the bazillion dlcs that make the game pasable

Attached: 1495834975870.gif (510x510, 690K)

based

this
EU V will be god tier

Feels VERY incomplete on launch, even for a Paradox game that intents to pile on DLC

it's all the boring bits from eu4 but pared down. there's absolutely nothing to do but conquer. that's boring as fuck

Except this is sill Clauswitz

>buying a paradox game with all dlc
>spending three hundred dollars on one game
You have to choose both.

Attached: b94o5derhg821.jpg (1920x1080, 227K)

>wait for the dlc to release
>buy the base game
>pirate the dlc with creamapi
checkmate athiests

>how dare devs release a game that doesn't live up to my ridiculous standards, I think I'll harass them online now

you sound like a poltard.

>Not pirating the dlcs

Paradox has given up on even pretending they release complete games.

you're not entitled to release a shit product without being told your product is shit johan

>not just pirating the whole game
What the fuck is this? Reddit?

Attached: 1532674300405.png (383x391, 201K)

Mana costs for all gameplay actions as opposed to resource costs for legitimate usage (infrastructure or direct bribes)
An upgraded combat system made useless by doomstack warfare
Passive AI

based

A dev can release a game however the fuck the want. It's, ya know, there game? YOU are the on acting like an entitled manbabie by demanding their game meet your ridiculus standards. If the dev likes the game, then that's that. There is no discussion.

paradox dlcs work alongside constant patching, it is by far the easiest way to do things assuming you actually like the game. CK2 will have 3-4 patches between every dlc and its a hassle to deal with that.

Of course imperator is shit and i deeply regret buying the base game on this occasion. Even Stellaris, which had a notoriously barrent mid-game at launch had a super strong early game and race creation system.

Attached: Untitled.png (326x266, 144K)

i agree with you. but it doesnt make me a bitch to voice my opinion on the forums, get shouted down, and not buy anymore DLC for one of their flagship products, which is clearly their business engine at this time.

not enough flavor and differentiation between starts, but the core of the game is a lot of fun. i enjoyed it enough to put 100 hours in.

Mana used for everything
Mana except only one is useful and the others will pile up in the thousands
No use for money
Needs soldiers to build roads
Nonsensical tech progression
Only 4 buildings
Everyone plays the same
Every single mechanic is lifted from another game but done worse in every way
Performance issues
AI bumfuck tribals in the ass end of Europe end up more technologically and socially advanced than you do
Forced 50% female leader ration for brits
Non-sensical culture groupings and military traditions
All religions are the same and offer almost no gameplay benefit
Everything is modifiers
Parthians can't convert to Zoroastrianism
The game literally ends 1 day before Rome becomes an empire

Attached: 1515562718073.jpg (3050x2000, 2.08M)

The base game makes it easier because they update so much stuff alongside the DLC. Newfag

>Every single mechanic is lifted from another game but done worse in every way
At least the army has some level of depth to it. EU is the worst for that

all of this except armies building roads, i was hyped about that. magic scroll mana being the primary driver behind an economy stretching from the tip of italy to northern gaul is retarded beyond belief though. Who tested that and thought it was fun.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1525x1000, 751K)

Also I forgot:
Simplistic trade system that ignores trade routes and ports, can't blockade trade to gimp your enemy
The only thing you can do is blob mindlessly
Poor diplomacy system reminiscent of Total War games
Spend mana to raid coasts and turn your capital into the most populated area in the entire world in a month or two
Whack a mole combat, especially when it comes to barbarians
No real difference between different cultures and their forms of government. Athenian republic plays exactly like the Roman Republic. Maurya plays exactly like Seleukia.
Spend mana to turn an entire conquered population into your religion and culture while the game is paused
One Consul

It doesn't matter when all you need is bigger numbers

Attached: 1550159395169.jpg (1600x1038, 378K)

>Athenian republic plays exactly like the Roman Republic. Maurya plays exactly like Seleukia

considering the awesome system for reforming pagan religions in CK2, they could easily have added huge modifiers to changing systems of governance based on large scale political ideas in the same manner. But they didnt. They phone it in.

Everyone saw the word "pops" and immediately expected Vicky 3: Rome Edition

It's objectively the most barebones game Paradox has ever released. They were already catching shit for selling DLC platforms and Rome is by far the worst example.

Badly designed UI that's obnoxious to navigate and yields very little information
No cults, syncretism or natural shifts or evolution of anything. The game plays and feels exactly the same 200 years after it starts (which is when it ends)
Frequent freezes and crashes to desktop, especially while loading
Mobile-tier graphics for the map and buildings and units
Very few events, and they repeat a lot
Events do not add or subtract anything meaningful. In many cases, the second option does not give absolutely anything, while the first gives you something beneficial
Only one claim
Ugly, randomly generated flags
All of your original families end up extinct since they don't marry and you have to conquer new lands to add new families and use them to fill government positions
Etruscans are Latin instead of Pre-Indo-European
Forgettable soundtrack

Meanwhile, there's very few things that went right:
Nice portraits
You need certain materials to recruit certain units
You can marry your sister

Attached: 1503594212897.jpg (986x1369, 878K)

Imagine if you were a game company with largely content fans but who were loudly voicing concerns about something. I dunno, let's say the sound design. Then your next game features wet fart noises in place of all the SFX and they offer to sell you the proper ones at twice the game's retail cost.

>conquer new lands to add new families
you can recruit new families in the character menu.

>he's never played sengoku or eu rome
This is essentially EU: Rome II. All the faggots that got hyped over this should be ashamed of themselves and ask their bodypillows for forgiveness.

That's how business works.
If they disagree, people will just pirate their shitty game out of spite.

But that's wrong. It's also released in 2019 where we've seen what EU4 and CK2 can do with these mechanics. It feels like the laziest thing Paradox could have possibly shit out, hell you could make a better mod in EU4 with minimal effort.

Johan wanted to create a strategy game about Rome, but had no idea what would make it a good game. Because of that, he focused on designing the game's rules of engagement based on actual history and geography, rather than making any assumptions about Rome's past, present or future. He chose a city-state system where the provinces were essentially "lands," but he went off and did research to figure out the locations and population of the cities on each of the world's continents. A map was created as a reference for each continent, each of which represented a region of the globe. This was then combined with the knowledge that Rome and Carthage were the two main powers involved in the Second Punic War, and that the Roman Civil War was in the process of breaking out around the same time (which, admittedly, led to some awkward dialogue.)

Someone already did

Attached: steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net.jpg (268x268, 30K)

Everything.

Attached: 1553976320920.jpg (1439x360, 54K)