Which one is your favorite?

Which one is your favorite?

Attached: 0A9689A3-597A-414E-ABFC-0E69E176E15D.jpg (3264x2448, 2.6M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kW9pGZAUEAU
amazon.com/Gadget-Coating-Nintendo-New-3DS-LL/dp/B013JDH8J0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Melee, but I come back to each game more or less frequently. Above all else, you & your opponent's playstyle make the most out of the games. If my opponent is a lame faggot, it doesn't matter if it's Melee or Brawl, i'll be burned out quick.

64 for the fun
Melee for the skill ceiling
Brawl for the single player
4 for roster
Ultimate for the blender of the previous

PM > Melee > Slap City > Ultimate > 64 > Brawl > Super Smash Flash > sm4sh

Attached: usagi-drop-1101.png (1280x720, 687K)

Ultimate just makes all the other games feel less fun. There’s just so many characters and stages that it never feels stale.

either ultimate or pm
pm is more fun for getting better at and has more fun movement, but ultimate i can actually play with irl friends instead of relying on netplay or going to local tournaments.
brawl has subspace emissary (objectively better than melees adventure mode fuck you)
64 has a stupidly fun combo system with all the hitstun, and has the most balanced roster imo.
melee is cool but i cant get into tap jump and L cancelling is a silly mechanic.
4 has no reason to exist or be played anymore

I wanna fuck this user
based opinions

Based Slapfag

I love tight movement, so

Smeely>>PM>>>>>>>>>>Ultimate>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Brawl

I only played 64 and I thought it sucked.

I think your opinion sucks

melee. wish we lived in the time line sakurai decided to go down the path of melee with future smash games. the reason smash games are the way the are is cause he avoids to make a game like melee. and we'll never get all those characters in ultimate to play like melee.

melee. Ultimate is cool too.

Melee and Brawl were the last smash games with soul

Bump

Melee > Ultimate > 64 > Brawl > SHIT >>>>> 4

64 and melee

Melee, Ultimate is a close second.

Ultimate. I'll always have a soft spot for Melee though due to nostalgia.

I liked the previous games but played them primarily solo for a few months and then never went back. I'm still getting use out of Ultimate, and even multiplayer. I just wish I could gamble on Spectating again, it's worthless without it.

Melee > Ultimate > 3DS > 64 > Wii U > Brawl

Unironically 3DS just for the convenience of playing smash on something as small as a 3DS.

3DS>PM>Melee>SlapCity>64>SmashLand>Brawl>Ultimate>WiiU.

I'm genuinely very impressed with ultimate

Brawl, with mods. Otherwise Ultimate

Melee. Gives me crazy street cred to pretend it is a decent game to the idiots.

Ultimate by a long shot.

It has shit online, but so did Brawl and 4 so it´s makes no difference in the ranking.

Melee the best all-around game
Ultimate for the roster
Brawl for the shitload of single-player content
Honestly I don't care much for 64 or 4

Ultimate is hands down the best smash to date. That being said I played Melee way more because it was at a time where me and my friends still met up regularly and would play smash together all the time. I miss those days.

are shit.

Ultimate, it combines all the stuff I like from every other game, like you'd expect it to, but they actually did it right.
3DS/Wii U are definitely the ones I have the most playtime in because they were only ones I played at their release, so it's amazing to me how pointless they are now. Completely invalidated by every game around them, I'm so glad Nintendo's getting back on their A game after the nothing period of the Wii U.

Melee > Brawl/PM > 3DS >>>>>>>>> shit > Ultimate >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> WiiU

Holy shit, I never thought having taste this bad was possible.

>smash 4 that low

not the worst opinion i've ever seen.

Project M
Haven't played Ultimate for more than like an hour at a friend's place though, so I don't have any concrete opinion on it.

64 is to Melee what 4 is to Ultimate
It's good but totally outclassed in every single way by its successor

Ultimate > Melee > Sm4sh > 64 > Brawl

Ultimate > 4 > Brawl > Melee > 64

Fanservice is king.

Imagine the snell

its funny because the whole smell thing came from a smash 4 tournament

I think everyone of them was good for the time they got released. If you want competitive then melee obviously

Melee has the best online of all the smash games. How sad is that.

take a shower smelee cuck

Melee > PM > Ultimate > Brawl > 64 > tr4sh

was it a 4, ultimate, or melee player who shat himself during a set recently?

same to you, pants shitter

Melee > 64 > ultimate > Brawl > 4
Not including PM as not official release but it probably comes 2nd.
Ultimate kinda annoys me as there's a lot of little things that stack up and just kinda spoils it for me. In a weird way I kinda miss the jank of brawl as there was so much stupid shit in it and it had a lot of content and modability. 4 to me was really just forgettable overall.

That shit was hilarious

Ultimate. He shat himself mid set, kek.

Its literally the worst in every aspect, at least 3ds is portable

3DS to dab on all of the smash wii u shitters who still seethe at its existence.

Link to video?

>ultimate player literally shat himself during a set
>m-melee is smelly!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=kW9pGZAUEAU

Why is rayman stuck in battlefield's ice?

Attached: D6Fx-dDXkAIRvyY.jpg (1536x2048, 501K)

Ult has soul potential, give it times.
I already feel nostalgic for the classic runs I did in December (the mural music theme is amazing)

How come no absurdly large stage is ever as enjoyable to play as Hyrule Temple?

Because they're too overdesigned with asstons of gimmicks. Hyrule Temple keeps it simple.

Brawl was SOUL. only 4fags/ultimate cucks disagree because they were zoomers who werent old enough to witness JAPAN TIME

Attached: 1182705160829.png (507x1012, 340K)

Why does everyone rate Smash 4 the worst? It had the best online and artsyle by far.

Attached: Think3.png (1280x1279, 249K)

Actually that kinda explains my problem with 4 and ultimate content. They try to make everything far more complex and gimmicky than they need to be.

ultimate > smash 4 > brawl >64 >melee

imagine staying up till 4 in the morning only to see this

imagine shitting yourself midset

Every time I see this I can never remember if it was real or not.

the best online in a smash game is still horse shit so it's really not even a factor

Fake, actually. I'm a boomer and I come bearing proof.

Attached: v-pwscrn-1.png (979x1736, 177K)

Playing smash on dolphin has infinitely better online than 4 or ultimate

>melee-ish gameplay with ultimate level of content and xbl tier online multiplayer
just kill me now Sakurai you worthless piece of shit...

Is there anyone more based than ZeRo in the smash community?

fuck off zero

Ultimate = Customized build of PM with the partially finished characters, your own music, and more good stages pulled from other mods > PM vanilla > Melee = 3DS > WiiU = Brawl- >64 = Brawl > older Smash Flash 2 betas (I haven't put much time into more recent builds) >>>>> Smash Flash 1

64 & Brawl are still 8/10 games, mind you. Haven't touched any indie Smash clones but Rivals of Aether and Slap City look pretty fun. I'd probably prefer Aether.

Attached: 1541914260211.png (922x700, 452K)

>handlebars for your fucking DS

Attached: 1523577187574.png (800x864, 444K)

What grip is that?

Attached: 1557183923278m.jpg (1024x1024, 145K)

Awestin

Holy shit why does melee have such bad input lag on the Wii? This is almost unplayable.

Wii U no longer has the "superior version" meme award because Ultimate is out and 3DS has better modes and is more novel for being the first in a handheld.

It’s really great

amazon.com/Gadget-Coating-Nintendo-New-3DS-LL/dp/B013JDH8J0

This. 3DS had better exclusive stages, Smash Run, a cool thick outline artstyle, a better Classic mode, etc. It's the better game outside of competitive play, and that didn't mean too much when it came to 4.

It doesn't?

I’m high as fuck and a little drunk but yeah dude I’m pretty sure this isn’t how the game is supposed to play. I’m playing with composite cables on a flat screen. Could that effect it?

That is the exact problem. Wii doesn't like flat screens.

Melee for the fluff/extra modes/nostalgia
Brawl for the laughs and cool cinematics. Also fuckin snake reveal.
Ultimate for actual gameplay and roster.
4 had ryu and thats it. Shit game.
Custom moves were almost cool.

I know, but it is still funny

I remember checking Dojo daily before school

>composite cables on a flat screen
Yes
Like man at least get one of those cheap Wii to HDMI converters or some nice component cables, composite to a modern display is going to be lag city.

>4 for roster

Attached: 1554563931679.jpg (433x427, 86K)

Fuuuuuck I wanna go back

I can't stand nu/v/

melee because it's the most fun to play. If they somehow made melee but with all the bells and whistles from the newer games it would be by far the best

Attached: 1553783214911.webm (450x360, 534K)

Project M >> Melee >>>>>>>>>>>>>> the rest.

Project M is just too good combining lots of mechanichs and achieving the most complex and satisfying gameplay of them all.

Also, highest skill ceiling.

>ultimate
>skill ceiling

You shitting me? I literally bought these off amazon because it looked even shittier before with the regular cables. Should I just get a CRT?

this is a pretty cool webm

>tfw all these PM boys
we should get together for some parsec
although I prefer legacy XP cause im a shadowfag Ill still admit TE is best

>defensive play is too abusable and risk free making matches last eternaly
>air dodging is too strong meaning guaranteed recoveries. This makes off stage pointless.
>DLC characters are absurdly busted OP to encourage purchases
>Charging for old characters
>no ice climbers
>no snake

the bayo vs bayo at evo bood off stage left a bad taste in everyones mouth

airdodge simulator

PM > Melee >> 64 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nu shit>>>>>>>>>>>Literal shit>>>>Brawl

Attached: dairshirtw.png (499x498, 203K)

Have not gotten to play Ultimate.

(PM >) Melee > 4 >= 64 > Brawl.

Melee feels so good play and is reasonably complete that the smaller roster can be endured; not like you can't play more than one. I know we rail on Brawl, but am I remembering it (on a sub-meta level) as worse than it really was? Because I feel like it was collectively the best in every other regard (making PM such a miracle) and putting it below 64 because I love 64's jank that much feels really off.

Melee has a less generous input buffer compared to the later games that is noticeable if you have not played Melee in a while, so that in tandem with composite on an HDTV could legitimately mess you up.

Attached: ImpoliteRealisticBoaconstrictor.webm (854x480, 1.21M)

CAN YOU SMEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
WHAT THE FOX
IS COOKIN

brawl is probably the best casual game, (before ultimate i guess), but if you are even remotely used to the speed of pm or melee, even just running around and jumping feels so fucking slow. like yeah 4 and ultimate are slow compared to the crazy tech you can do in melee and pm, but they dont feel slow for just casual playing. brawl on the other hand feels like a water level for the entire game.
subspace is cool as shit though

It's easy to forget how bizarrely slow 3DS/Wii U was. Charizard just drifts off to the right when Ganondorf back throws him. Half the game is spent in the air because everyone's a balloon.

Attached: 1537303725761.jpg (795x589, 98K)

Melee is peak college dorm kino alongside Soul Calibur 2
Ultimate is great but not having much in the way of actual side-content like a proper challenge mode and minigames hurts its long-term appeal for me

There's nothing special about Smash 4 and is the worst game.

Attached: 1557180867699.gif (197x236, 360K)

this honestly
in retrospect there's no reason to go back to it compared to everything else, even 3ds

that's because sakurai didn't even try to handle the balancing and playtesting, he just left it to a dedicated team this time and wow suddenly all the unconventional characters can suddenly hold their own properly, it was that simple

Attached: gb2.jpg (564x538, 38K)

All but the 3DS version. Smash belongs on consoles only.

If only Sakurai wasn't terrified of jumps having momentum.

>There's nothing special about Smash 4
it's hands down the best if you have haxchi and a really robust custom mod pack

Bump

It's just the same game, updated with more contents, why would you prefer older incarnations?

Ultimate>Melee>64>Brawl>4

I have never cared about a single Smash game and absolutely have no idea why anyone cares about a game that is basically a kid's fighting game with shallow button-mashing gameplay.

Attached: 1378514865728.jpg (1654x850, 340K)

brawl is mine, if only for the subspace emissary and opening up to third parties
the last true adventure mode was a goddamn masterpiece, and i'd honestly love it if they made a game that's just strictly platforming with less focus on matchups and balance

somethin like kirby with a massive fuckin roster of characters

MELEE>(PM)>64>smush>4>>>>>>>>>brawl

Attached: ssbmy3cPu565x735_5.jpg (846x1100, 145K)

>Smash
>Melee
>Matchups

Yeah all 3-4 of them. Because god knows half the cast is fucking unviable and only 8 players half of which using Fox even matter.

Hasn’t been true for a long time, but keep spouting the same shit.

how did they get through the gate with a tv and a gamecube?
where is the electricity coming from?
IS that an actual screen or just some cardboard?

None. This series is trash. The "perfect" Smash game exists entirely in our imaginations. People only like the concept of Smash. Every game in the series is flawed.

Bump

put Melee under 64, then you have a proper list.

MKLeo

Ultimate - cause it has everyone and feels the best

Brawl cause SSE and it’s what I played the most through middle and highschool.

Melee cause of the skill ceiling and nostalgia

64 cause it’s the first one I played

3DS - smash run and roster

Brawl.
Japan time + subspace emissary made it the most memorable and enjoyable experiences.