So far all the games they bought weren't a hit and forgotten in a week...

So far all the games they bought weren't a hit and forgotten in a week, and some of the devs already suffered from low sales and ruptured reputation.

What's the point of this store?

Attached: epicgamesstore-800x450[1].jpg (800x450, 12K)

Fortnite

Delusion

they didn't open the store just to house Fortnite tho. It's basically a launcher to normalfags playing it

Too bad everything you said is a lie steamshill. We're not holding a gun to anybody's head, yet devs come crawling left and right. If you actually knew anything about the game industry and development, you'd understand why.

Wait, so can I asset-flip a game, release on epic, get paid up-front, and forget about the game altogether?

>We're
You aren't doing shit, jackass.
Why are corporate white knights so fucking retarded? (Steam, EGS or otherwise)

To piss off people. Luckily there are devs that aren't into this whole exclusivity deal.

>We're not holding a gun to devs heads
No, youre giving them guarenteed sales so they can pitch absolute shit and still get away with it. And im supposed to see this transformation of a critical, constantly shifting entertainment industry into a soulless static corporate as a good thing

Its another failed opponent, just like EA, just like Ubisoft, just like Bethedsa they cant compete with us.

Attached: 1555482092377.jpg (358x362, 13K)

Because that's a chinaman. You can tell because no matter how unethical or shitty EGS treats consumers, the insectoid creature with vehemently deny and defend EGS. Little dude has to eat so I can't blame the poor fella.

It's their plan for continuity after Fortnite eventually fades out of popularity.

I was initally quite positive about the idea of a fresh new storefront on the market, but Epic has made it abundantly clear they're not on the consumer's side. The Tim Sweeney guy outright flipped consumers off in some interview by saying their choice doesn't matter.

What the fuck do they expect to gain from antagonizing consumers? Do they not realize that running a successful business is almost synonymous with being beloved among the consumers? People still worship Gabe after all these years.

We only accept quality games, but if you get rejected, we do accept resubmissions. The goal is for us to promote and produce quality products
You're a big man bud, just not the brightest eh?
>Competition is bad
Also, happy devs=better games=happy customers. By all means, stay bitter and stay mad. Yea Forums is hardly our target audience anyways

EGS itself would be forgotten if he didn't keep buying more games or do shit like sabotage Linux gaming just to stay in the headlines.

Name ONE (1) advantage of NOT having a customer review system

>most fortnite players play on consoles
>by a large margin
>they never even have to touch EGS
dUDe fOrtNiTe LmAo

Pretty much. The only exposure EGS gets is because of its scummy practices, never anything positive.

Why are you pretending to be a pr representative of epic?

>Yea Forums is hardly our TA.
And yet you dog eating boy is still shilling it here.

It makes publishers and faildevs happy and helps you groom them

Killing Linux. China hates freedom

>We're

>We're

Attached: 1526429155859.png (1200x750, 485K)

Are you merely pretending to be retarded? Cause you could've fooled me.
>Hurr Durr Chinaman eat dog!
Gaben pls. You've been playing with VR tiddies for so long that you've lost sight of everything that rallied loyalty to Valve. It's over

>Competition is bad!
>Reply to a post that said nothing at all about competition
Lack of reading comprehension, best way to identify chinks and NPCs

Tienamen square etc

>Happy devs=better games=happy customers
That is the most retarded thing I have read today. What does a dev being happy have to do with the fun component of a game?

This, rocket league and borderlands 3

when did Yea Forums just become /r/gaming

Yeah, I just love how the masses are clamouring to Epic to save PC gaming and its totally not the publishers and shitty indies who want a slice of that chink money pie while it lasts

0.0034 grains of rice have been deposited into your bowl

Shut up goy and keep consuming

>ruptured reputation
Imagine being this fucking delusional lel. How did steam manage to turn you people into a literal cult of retards?

The masses don't give a single shit about platforms regardless of what r/gaming and the steam forums tell you

>Implying anybody will ever give a fuck about Psyonix
>Thinking epic will ever have a presence in the free market, let alone as a notable competitor to steam
Delusional chinks

It's funny because at least one dev wasn't even informed that sales would be moved from Steam to EGS. It's all in the publishers hands and that's a guarantee they'll opt for EGS because publishers are a bunch of stupid greedy sheep.

Sweeney isn't a business man that's why his ideas are so retarded, he's a developer and he makes games, he doesn't do marketing or PR or anything involved with making people want to use a product or service. When you're trying to gain customers you butter them up and make them want to come to you, otherwise at some point when you find yourself in competition no one will want to use your shitty product or service anymore.

This same exact shit happened with the windows store, there's exclusives on there that are just unpopular as fuck, same with the bethesda store (which is why rage 2, fallout 76 and other future bethesda games are coming to steam). At some point epic will realize that they could make infinitely more money if they were more consumer friendly.

>What's the point of this store?
Trojan horse for Chinese data collection and the creation of the one world overmind.

>Do they not realize that running a successful business is almost synonymous with being beloved among the consumers?
Not in the video game industry apparently. Valve is an exception.

>Masses dont give a shit about platforms
>He says this as he cites carefully worded PR and inflated numbers
But yeah, Metro exodus sold 2x the amount as the first game on steam, right? So, 50k copies?

Gaben is Captain on Titanic. It will all go down. All their projects are flops. Fuck Valve, fuck Steam and fuck Gaben.

to teach low IQ developers the concept of delaying satisfaction and thinking in the long term over taking the instant payday

Do you want 10000$ now or do you want to make 1000000$ dollars over a period of months

To line China's pockets at this point. They're now the parent company of Epic and Epic has to prove the investment wasn't for nothing.

So greed greed greed until it burns alive.

China's attempt to invade and take over the Western market.
Sweeney needs to be imprisoned.

>All their projects are flops
>Nooo, Epic is totally not hemorrhaging money! Valve is evil and Gaben is BAD! Stand by us and support publi-I mean developers! Buy our new exclusivity contract now!
Shove it up your ass

It's not even an attempt at this point. Trump can keep up a trade war all he wants but you can't stop China's impetus. It's over, man.

Platform for the zoomer generation.
Millennials are moving on from playing steam games to getting jobs and raising families.
Seeing that kids flock to fortnite developers want to jump in on new money.

>EGS shills back for another beating
>still no games because nothing is allowed to compete with Fortnite for player time
Is there even any purpose to this shit other than shitting up Yea Forums at this point?

I don't get it.

Outrage culture marketing, court controversy, get clicks, people buy your shit no matter how badass it is. Good games start to die off because they're not the vidya equivalent of clickbait, the bar gets lowered, newer generations get progressively lower standards, spend even more money chasing the feeling they got from the few good games they played. At least that's the plan, and it's shit.

>GG, Fappening, 2016

>Yea Forums can't talk about any games from this store despite they're easy as fuck to "pirates"
I don't understand

Attached: 1436433277571.gif (250x250, 1.51M)

Anyone who uses the word "consumer" is part of the problem. You're admitting that you're little better than an animal to be exploited.

Because the games are garbage

To save me money by embracing piracy

>These fuckers bought Rocket League
>going to have to add people via the ingame friends whatever now
>have to buy keys via EGS (or more likely third party)

I'm mad.

Attached: Dr16aUsVAAA97n-.jpg (771x807, 67K)

Hades isn't that bad...

Attached: Aragorn.jpg (500x750, 146K)

Are they actually gonna remove Rocket League or is it just clickbait?

It doesn't even make sense at all

I just don't like Gaben because he end Half Life with cliffhanger. Even when they have infinite money they simply can't produce good games. Or produce anything good. All their projected are flops funded by Steam. Steam console, Steam controler, Steam VR etc. Nobody would use Steam without Half Life 2 blackmail. I don't care about developers, china or anything else. Epic made Unreal Tournament 2003-2004, Gears of War 1-3 and created engine that fueled whole xbox360-ps3 generation. Steam sell hats in Team Fortress. Obviously i have more respect for people who make products than for hacks who make failed consoles and lootboxes.

>roguelike
I sleep

>Steam cant make any good games
>Im mad because they ended half life 2 on a cliffhanger
Will you let that go already, chink shill? MmZx didnt get closure either, I dont see you bashing capcom over it
>I have more respect for people who make products than for hacks
>Nobody cares about anything steam makes despite how well steam link and steam controller and Steam VR sold and still continue to, no those dont count!
>Steam creates a functional highly optimized launcher with a boatload of extra features, support and community, built up over the years while Epic has a shitty botnet, and paid-for shovelware
>Somehow Epic is better than steam

It was supposed to bait Valve out into an exclusives war, but that never happened, so now it just looks kind of pointless.
Even big UE4 games like Mordhau launched on Steam and not the EGS.

>we
Look mom, a shill

>and created engine that fueled whole xbox360-ps3 generation.
And they abandoned PC because it was 'full of pirates', yeah I remember cliffyB and co talking shit about PC for years, only to watch them change their tune because they realized people were making money hand over fist on PC.
You can suck epic's dick all you want but at the end of the day epic has earned a terrible reputation for themselves on PC and no amount of fortnite money will change that, they haven't done one shit for PC gamers and judging by the shit sweeney says that won't be changing any time soon.

>Millennials are moving on from playing steam games to getting jobs and raising families
Except a lot arent

Attached: 1549090623557.gif (484x488, 214K)

>all of bought games from Epic flop and forgotten
>meanwhile, new games releasing on steam keep hitting top 20s with Risk of Rain 2 and Mordhau as recent
Embarrassing

Attached: 1548546128104.png (264x255, 86K)

>We're
Hi Tim, how's the store going?

>hey guys lets go play satisfactory or Dangerous Driving!

Things nobody has ever said, ever.

Good job killing your brand name and lifetime sales for a small upfront check retards

at least the amount of devs falling for it has lowered. Shit, Epic had to buy Rocket League's entire studio in order to put the game on their store.

>We only accept quality games
Why is Fortnite on your store then?

>That one steam shitposters trying to shitpost as epic pr manager
lmao

Attached: 1557075188978.gif (355x351, 442K)

What if its just you falseflagging?