Shadowbringers

We've got 51 days until the early access.
Whats your biggest fear when it drops?
Bland story, horrible class fixes, lame music, or something completely left field that it can destroy Square Enix?

Attached: 1556477720833.png (526x525, 299K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MaIGwmRdapE
reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/bd7hd5/the_guide_to_leveling_your_alt_jobs_1_to_70_in/
archive.fo/UZsVF
youtu.be/sc2iwgW98sk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_server
youtube.com/watch?v=AXq3bnD0_SI
youtube.com/watch?v=hWkH1elDDLI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Isn't this literally a general?

I didn't care for DRK quests past 30-50, so probably the MSQ
Music will be fine, only big changes are main theme being done by Soken and possible nier tracks.
Biggest potential fuck up is how they are handling OT/MT roles, but we'll see in the LL

Nah, I'm trying to spark a conversation about the worst possible thing to happen with shadowbringers release. The other threads was just /xivg/ leaking.

Attached: 1557185662956.png (466x1271, 270K)

>Whats your biggest fear when it drops?
That Yoshi-P's desire to retune healers is just his way of saying he'll homogenize them, especially after saying how he doesn't like the shield and regen divide.

If the next raid tier is exactly the same formula (and I know it will be), I don't really see myself sticking around for much longer anyway.

It launching like BFA. Probably the worst launch I've personally experienced. I skipped out on WoD.

Music is probably one of the things that I'd never worry about with XIV.

I don't like the idea of sticking a label on tanks and trying to divide them based on what they do.
At least this raid tier wont be "nostalgia trip" the raid. Nomura's handling the designs, so I've got faith.

Attached: 1557182111629.png (1366x768, 1.33M)

I'm a SCH and YoshiP has made me afraid. It's why I've been leveling other jobs like DRK recently, to see if anything else sticks.

Remove Flash from PLD. Make total Eclipse their new Flash. Oaths oGCD if they aren't being removed.
Unique Dark Arts Effects to give a reason to stagger usage. Make Grit oGCD if they aren't removing it.
Make Lillies worth half a damn.
Make Fairy guage more than a buildup to Fey Union.

Same here. I wouldn't be surprised if they make the fairy function like the PvP one, in which she's temporary and Embraces cost gauge. The fact he's said that they find the fairy a pain to balance just makes me more nervous about Shadowbringers too.

I'd say I wouldn't mind playing any healer, but I don't know how they're going to fuck up this rebalance or not.

DRK is the one with blood weapon, so it should have had eclipse as its base threat AoE.

Each tank should have threat AoE, with low resource consumption, and less dmg.
And a DPS AoE meant to burst, and higher resource consumption, but less threat.

Eclipse is meant to be their AoE burst, not their threat move.

If it becomes their primary threat move, they then need to lower its potency, and then make a new AoE for DPS.

Attached: image0.png (899x283, 300K)

In that case does Abyssal Drain need a potency nerf? It is a ranged aoe move with increased aggro generation. At the very least Flash needs to do some kind of damage because as-is it's garbage. You could argue for the blind effect taking the place of damage, but enemies build a resistance to it.

Bunnybringers will be epic.

youtube.com/watch?v=MaIGwmRdapE

It's gonna launch just like Heavensward and Stormblood. So packed that the world servers crash or there's long queues. If you somehow make it into the game then you can't do new content because the DF servers crashed or the game is too laggy.

For some reason my IP range is banned from posting images, but imagine a terrified Speedwagon next to the text here if you will

Source: my ass

The actual general is filled with transexual ERPers though

Can they deliver?

Attached: 1556758361483.jpg (900x637, 455K)

I think you're thinking of Dark Passenger, since its the highest burst AoE.

As for abyssal drain its something like a x3 multiplier, which is on par with savage blade in threat.

Unleash is the rage of halone equivalent in threat. (same with flash)

You should instead argue PLD needs "some" threat on the AoE, rather than equaling the insane threat of flash.
What if another tank is currently tanking, and ur spamming a flash equivalent for DPS?
then you have the same shit that happened in Heavensward, where WARs spammed overpower, ripping threat off the other tanks, when just trying to DPS down adds.

DRKs start with unleash, then DA+DP for half their MP, and what MP is left, is to be used on AD. which is smaller in range as well. they need to start focusing on resource management in order to keep going.

PLD flashes, and lol eclipses. just making sure they have some TP left at the end.
its not hard, so PLD doesnt get threat. (nor does PLD need it. flashing twice is the most you'll ever need.)

But, to clarify, DRKs arent meant to unleash twice, nor do they really have room to AoE threat more, after DA+DP, which is why i think SE gave them threat on AD.
I dont think AD needs the extra threat, so I can agree that it doesnt need it on it.

Have Flash upgrade to Pearl from FFVI so they can deal damage with it.

Soken and Koji will deliver. Dunno about the rest.

>Koji

I mostly agree with this.
if flash did a small bit of potency in dmg, like unleash, lets say 40 potency, then it wouldnt be so bad.
btu at the same time, teaching PLDs how to minimize the use of flash, due to its lack of dmg, is also pretty obvious, since even bad DRKs still spam unleash, since it still does dmg (50 potency) and generates flash levels of threat.

I don't think you should really design classes for the bad players who aren't going to understand shit no matter what you do.

>You're- You're just fuckin' with me!

Attached: freezy pop.png (865x695, 675K)

Okay wait this.
Onion Knight as limited job. Could it work?

I could see Dota classic's Invoker hero being adapted into a limited job in FFXIV.

Nah, Onion Knight's defining trait is that it can equip any gear including the special Onion set. If it was in XIV that would just mean you wearing your normal gear anyway until you got the Onion set and then spamming your one attack.

Mime would be the perfect limited job though. Equip any skills you've learned on other jobs.

Nah. Probably released when xiv is finished with its over-arching storyline. Its just for players who want to grind endlessly to get a job that can solo every fight in the game once they reach 99.

Attached: 1556995662702.jpg (610x596, 66K)

more oGCD damage skills, than can be used OFTEN, for healers would be nice, but not at the cost of making DPS rotations too easy.

>equip skills you learned on other jobs
Like the old system?

Attached: 1556833870548.png (183x176, 35K)

Mayhaps thou wouldns't speaketh of thine Larboard Swain, perchance?
Verily, thou Returneth to the Waking Sands, thee needs must.

>all those old job animation
>scrapped because of role system
I just wanna bash a nigga with my axe and make them bleed

Attached: 1557135320018.png (320x353, 82K)

what a load of fucking bullshit, am i supposed to believe that the same hack who made BLU work the way it does because he's too afraid of experimenting with radical changes is gonna do all of those other radical changes? In what fucking timeline? Not this one that's for sure

Attached: doubt levels.png (584x552, 754K)

WELCOME TO DIE XD

retard

>They see me rollin'
>They hatin'
Threw me for a loop i tell you hwat

don't believe everything you read on a anonymous shitposting site.

remember this is the same board that fell for the Grinch leaks.

I miss having a healing spell as a PLD. it wasn't that useful but it felt right

I really wish they'd bring back phase skipping and stop repeating mechanics at 25-50% hp left.

>dps doesnt get topped off after a raid aoe
>throw a cure their way
Give paladins more healing spells
Give warriors more risk and reward skills
Give dark knights more counterattacks

Attached: 1557281218895m.jpg (742x1024, 98K)

I want DRK to get Bloodbath and then have a skill that eats their HP away for a big increase in damage, like a DRK should have.

Nothing too great in terms of fears but my hotbars are already stuffed as is so it'd be nice if those didn't get even bigger. Also another minor one is that they're going to release a crafting/gathering boost potion (almost a certainty) but I figure this'll ironically be a boost to the economy from newfags wanting to gear up and/or buying mats.

Beats having empty hotbars
What the fuck did they do to WoW in BFA

>It launching like BFA.
How do you know?

If OP doesn't have the same structure every time and there's no link to the next/previous threads then it's not a general. Go complain about drawfag general if you actually care about shitty generals on Yea Forums, since that is LITERALLY a general thread that isn't even video game discussion.

>MNKs still get to suffer with Riddle of Fire
What's so bad about riddle of fire?

>I miss having a healing spell as a PLD
Clemency m8

>NOOOOO STOP TALKING ABOUT VIDEO GAMES

>doesn't want to play nice with others because they're "special"

Did they gut a ton of skills?
Makes you go slow, which isn't what monk was made for.
I think he meant having a spell pre clemency that doesnt suck up half of your mana

Attached: 1557252023691.png (291x264, 67K)

They gutted pretty much half the shit you had during MoP
Many classes now have less shit than they had during vanilla/bc. Warriors can't even stun anymore with charge

>Makes you go slow, which isn't what monk was made for.
Oh, you should let the developers of the game know that because it's slow as fuck until level 56.

>Makes you go slow, which isn't what monk was made for.
It just slows you down so you can fit all the uppercuts you're going to be proccing. GCD slows but you're still going ham and shitting out attacks.

That anime chick reminds me of Wiggy.

>16 days

Attached: 56692420_116146049580910_647480686449546533_n.jpg (1080x1080, 124K)

What a horrible move.
I miss having all those skills like Touch of Death or Phlembotomize. If they just made them into upgrades i wouldn't mind.
>Touch of Death gets upgraded to Demolish when reaching a certain level

I miss Touch of Death too, and Fracture buffering. But Touch of Death wouldn't be the same if it just replaced Demolish and you didn't have to properly weave it between your main combo.

>Cruise Chasers everywhere
Nah. No repeat mechanics sure, but phase skipping is a clusterfuck on prog.

>I want DRK to get Bloodbath and then have a skill that eats their HP away for a big increase in damage, like a DRK should have.
Fuck off, this will have a terrible knock on effect on how they design damage in fights unless you make the life steal super powerful which opens its own set of problems. It just doesn't work on a tank. They need better MP usage more like that in HW.

>he wants leaks
Are you sure? Leaks have been known to cause depression.

Role actions are gone. Potions/ethers/elixirs are becoming refresh over time instead of solid chunk of points. Swiftcast/surecast are naturally part of every casting job on a timer. The first spell you cast will be swiftcasted, the first time you take a knock/draw while casting will be surecasted, then they're on CD. Diversion actually got RIP'd because of tanks needing to be nerfed. Tanks relying on diversion were pumping out way more DPS than is """"allowed""""". Apoc, addle, break, drain, erase, and mana shift are deleted.

I want more allagans

>exposed pits and thighs
based ayumi

You said jack shit, everyone already understands that they're removing role actions.

Fuck off, you've had enough Allagans

It can and has been annoying in some cases, sure, but I'd still prefer it over how things are in Stormblood where fights are on strict rails. It's just boring.

I was spitballing ideas. Give a couple of days and I'll have a solid plan for clasees
Mate this thread has had more disscussion than that shithole of a general would have in a week.
I want Meracydians.

Attached: 1557272079971.jpg (544x635, 44K)

REMOVE REPRISAL FROM PLD AND WAR THOSE JOBS ALREADY HAVE THEIR OWN EXCLUSIVE PARTY WIDE DAMAGE REDUCTION WITHOUT NEEDING TO KEK DRK FROM THEIR OWN WHAT THE FUCK YOSHIDA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: i have mouth.jpg (493x637, 88K)

I'm considering levelling BRD next. I got the dreadwyrm bow, and Shiva's bow, and they just look too good to not use.

Fuck you, this is revenge for HW. WAR shouldn't have party shields either, it should be a PLD only thing.

>storms path used to be constant damage reduction
Nice picture, made me laff
Just remember your dots are going to be a bit off pre-64. After you hit that your dots will be much, much easier to manage.

Attached: 1557219230148.jpg (850x1274, 155K)

>first time you take a knock/draw while casting will be surecasted,

Would literally break some fights, as knocks/draws happen at far enough intervals where Sure is always up. Making a fight with knocks/draws in closer intervals than 30s then makes the fight unplayable as a caster, which goes against the principle game design around "all jobs can participate in every fight".

Try harder with your "leaks". Like this:

>Piercing/Slashing/Blunt debuffs removed, replaced with homogenized Physical Vuln debuff
>Trick Attack reduced to 5%
>Casters receive Magical Vuln debuffs to Flare, Deathflare, and Verflare/holy (does not stack with Garuda's Contagion)
>Critical Hit stacking is removed. Buffs will only apply the highest value (BL > CS > Spear > BRD songs)

I didn't know that. But I don't really know shit about the new xpac other than the races and the cool cinematic. I was under the impression there wasn't much known until the Live Letter coming up.

I just recently returned after that free week so probably missed some stuff. Can anyone hit me a link to whats known?

yfw PvP was just a testing ground for all the shit they're gonna change in ShB.

Attached: The+real+curse_c1ddf4_5163740.jpg (780x846, 107K)

nice LARP shithead

I hope they don't introduce a new tier of Crafting and Gathering Materia.

I hope so too, but they probably will.

I hope they quit with the retarded overmelding meme

About to try this game for the first time.
Is there a class that matches/is similar to the archetype of a protective bodyguard?

Gladiator>Paladin I suppose. You get to cover fair maidens with your big shield. Sometimes.

Paladin. You get shields, a tether that blocks damage from an ally, a giant shield that protects everyone, and a spell that procs a shield once you heal yourself or get healed by someone.
Be warned, the early game is a slog in terms of gameplay. Story is alright, but everything really kicks off in Heavensward.

Attached: 1556898721105.jpg (973x567, 71K)

>starting the game as a GLA
Way to scare off the new players

PLD and make sure to build your character with a decently sized frame
I'm sick of looking at small twink midlanders PLDs, really can't take them serious

Fuck off with this tankxiety bullshit. Grab a mob, use flash a couple of times, use aggro combo and defensive cooldowns.

Attached: 1557326758436.jpg (500x432, 37K)

>he isn't a lalafell PLD
Absolute god tier aesthetics

It's more the fact that leveling a GLA is insanely fucking boring and slow as a first class with no armory bonus, no good gear, no money

My fault friendo. Thought you were trying to start that "dps dont use diversion" tripe. When comparing gladiator to warrior it gives the impression that its slow and safe.

GLA was my first class too because I like sword and board, so I went through the exact same suffering.

Attached: 1367192829033.gif (350x272, 1.41M)

new player too
been told to start with marauder because good dmg
real awkward when people stop behind my back waiting for me to go grab things, not really used to tank role

>Diversion actually got RIP'd because of tanks needing to be nerfed. Tanks relying on diversion were pumping out way more DPS than is """"allowed
Biggest giveaway that this is bullshit is because Yea Forums is literally the only place this retarded bait exists.

Attached: 1556667043246.jpg (405x270, 47K)

Don't worry, after a few dungeons, you'll be cursing at anyone that even so much as targets a mob without your approval.

Not that guy but tanking or healing is genuinely the worst way to start playing the game because you don't know how to play. DPS is forgiving if you don't do very well because you have no responsibilities for the majority of the msq.

You're better off levelling a tank once you have a grasp of how adds and enmity work through playing a dps. At least play ARR as DPS to learn, then swap to tank for HW and beyond.

>Ishgard restoration
I hope this will fix the windows that are missing their inner side.

??

reminder that this game has a job system, so you can play every class on the same character.

It gets easier once you grow a pair. Just a fair warning, there are some dungeons in SB where the mobs can kill even with the best gear.
>make a thread asking for disscussion
>only get a couple of bait replies
>make a thread soundin' like a rerard
>only retards will appear.
I actually like talking about vidya.

Attached: 1556819095829m.jpg (1024x712, 123K)

It's just going to be more of the same like every ffxiv expansion and patch.
They never do anything new, never change things of any significance, never rework old systems, never fix the bad parts of the game.
They know what they have to make and that's what they've done so far.
Am I worried? No
Do I want more than what we're getting? Sure who doesn't.

So we can change jobs now while inside dungeons if you're not in combat? Sounds great.

They are literally doing New Game+ so that they can justify spending development time on reworking ARR.

There's some places like the inn that have windows on the outside, but when you go inside there's nothing but wall where they are supposed to be. They are like fake windows.

man you must be fun to play with in-game. I bet you're a Midlander or Au'ra

Obviously just a brilliant defense tactic. Scaleniggers think they're going to crash through a window and get a shattered skull instead.

Looking at it again, there's not just wall but sometimes entirely different windows that don't fit the ones outside at all.

are fantasias gonna go on sale again before the expansion comes out?

I would almost say the same about LNC. I realized in my first dungeon back in 2.1 that Impulse Drive did more damage than True>Vorpal and all I could think was, "Fuck this is boring."
Doesn't help that tank enmity sucked at those levels in those days so I would rip aggro just mashing ID.

Playerauctions

>triad tournament
>swap rule
>i keep getting my 5 star card swapped to my opponent
>literally can not win now because everyone uses the same corner 8s deck
Getting real sick of this happening.

The soap opera story being shit. Not a lot of people seemed to like Stormblood on here but I actually enjoyed it quite a bit since it was addressing a threat I found interesting, the Garleans. Shadowbringers and its whole warrior of darkness gimmick seems boring. They're probably going to do a lot of reveals with the Ascians and Zodiark that I don't care about since that's the most boring part of the story. At least, if Yoshi P wasn't lying, 6.0 will be Garlemald so I'll get to play through that in 2021 or 2022.

Also, is it just me or are the patches literal soap operas and filler arcs? There's so many interesting plot points that just get DROPPED, like Alphinaud being in Garlean territory with Gaius before randomly getting brought back or Elezen Zenos still being around.

>6.0 will be Garlemard
Levels 78-80 will be Garlemard.

or they decided that giving a story skip potion was a bad idea and led to confusion, so they're giving people who skipped the opportunity to play through the stuff the skipped.

>There's so many interesting plot points that just get DROPPED, like Alphinaud being in Garlean territory with Gaius before randomly getting brought back
I really get the feeling that the original plan was for this to be the Garlean expansion and then they suddenly switched after they'd already written and animated the 4.3 stuff.

There's been small qol stuff that i can't remember. I've got hope.
My bet is next month when early access starts inching closer to release.

Attached: 1556895642008.png (1200x1600, 415K)

I'd love to have been a fly on the wall for the discussion where they decided to switch gears that drastically.

I just don't see them putting them on sale when shadowbringers releases, since they'll be selling that many that they don't need to discount them to make up for a lull.

I don't even play scholar!

Attached: allsch.jpg (3011x1066, 1.54M)

The whole Garlean war didn't mean anything in the grand scale of things. I guess the hate for SB is that its split in half between Doma and Gyr Abania, causing the story to shift gears too soon or linger too long.

Attached: 1557289598403.png (1000x815, 513K)

>Elezen Zenos still being around

Most likely still incredibly relevant.

I have a feeling the RP solo instances were/are leading up to the Shad campaign being split between the WoL in the First, and RP instances of Elezenos and the Scions in the Source.

>Scions have to hold the fort down without the WoL as Garlemald slowly encroaches into Eorzean territory
>Elezenos on a one man campaign through Garlemald, probably with one or two Ascian fights

As a SMN player I'm really fucking jealous of Last Resort and Anabasis.

God, just that one image shows how generic looking the eureka weapons are compared to their Anima Lux/Zodiac Zeta counterparts

Don't worry they'll give you more batman wings next time again

>biggest fear
that once again the top 10% will dictate the "meta" and everyone that is below that where the meta is largely irrelevant will suffer because the top 10% says your job is inviable even if you play it well.

t. SB WHM that got declined entry to all 4 of my FC statics, and 2 out-of-FC statics. And only once I cleared A4S in a pug before any of the FC statics did any of them want to suddenly "give me a chance".

So I've been getting my feet wet with DoH stuff and have retainers full of ingredients from level 1-25 nodes. Do I just vendor it all if I have no interest in learning cooking right now? What should I do about other items/mats?

I'm making decent but consistent gil by just farming logs of all levels so I'd figure it be best to just get rid of all these other items that nobody seems to need/want

Attached: 2019-05-08 12_56_20-FINAL FANTASY XIV.png (634x917, 471K)

Please don't give me hope, user. Zenos is my favorite character in the entire game and I can't handle entertaining the thought of playing as him only for it to not happen. Alternatively, for it to suck as much as playing as Hien did.

I simply don't believe you, or you're likely some kinda cunt nobody wants to play with.

>Biggest fear

More Dark Arts spam on DRK

To be fair Pyros weapon is really great, they just dropped the ball with the final step really badly.

Mimesis is cool at least, but I love angelic themes and that winged halo on Anabasis is like a dream weapon for me.

>Zenos RP instances are musous where you cut through hordes of nameless Garleans
>bodyswap mechanic lets you jump into the form of other soldiers for new abilities

Attached: 1549304262126.gif (448x251, 3.7M)

Biggest fear is probably gunbreaker being unfun. It's pretty much all I'm holding out for.

>4.0
>prune skills, rework resource building mechanics into job gauges, take the extra time to give jobs without one a job gauge too
>remove/add/rework tertiary stats
>rework role actions twice
>overhaul PvP completely
>"never change things of any significance, never rework old systems"
I dislike the stagnant patch cycle as much as the next dude, but posts like these are just a dead giveaway you don't enjoy the game and until devs change it completely to fit the arbitrary idea of a game you have in your head, you'll never be satisfied.

Funny, I had a gay Roe lead a random bunch of drunkards to victory against Seiryuu. He was a WHM.
Don't give up.

I'm simply a top 10% player that doesn't give a fuck about tryharding to push for speed kills or meta comps. I want to play what is fun, show up and do my job with 7 other people that show up and do theirs - then kill the bosses and meet up next time.

White mages were just shit in the public eye at SB launch because they didn't offer the group synergy that the other healers did so everyone had this misconception that they were unusable trash and didn't want them in their groups.

>no MGR style Zenos spin off game

Try being a BLM during Alexander.

>3.5x
>Creator is no longer gated
>have had my Alexandrian weapon since some time in 3.4
>looking to farm 10-12 for alt-job glamours
>join 11s farm
>"Can you switch to SMN? BLM can't do this fight."
>"No, you had the role open to all dps."
>get booted

if they would just actually ban parsers the game would literally be so much better

My static went through all of Alexander with a PLD, MNK, and BLM group. No DRK.
>mfw we cleared on week 3 and reading people in these threads claiming Alex was impossible without a DRK

Attached: 1535390904346.jpg (258x245, 12K)

>musou
>3 skills, 2 of which are irrelevant
>body swap to faceless red shirts to get skills that aren't as optimal as spamming your one skill as Zenos

I'd still enjoy the fuck out of it.

There's no need to hold onto everything, especially if you don't have a bulk of it. Most of it is going to be next to worthless anyway.

Only stockpile if you know you're going to be making a lot of something that uses that specific material, or if that item can be a hassle to get in bulk quickly (like if it's from a timed node).

i dont know man, SB WHM has always been acceptable to most because they fixed the "mana issues" shitters whined about in HW. You could pretty much carry when it comes to healing without ever having to consider mana and lots of groups desired that for early prog not just on ultimate but for the easier savage modes as well.

Its almost as if good players can find solutions to adversity and bad players that are metaslaves are still bad players.

Why can't the community just recognize this after 2 expansions and another inbound

>if they would just actually ban scales fat people would just disappear

I feel the same way about HW relics. NIN and DRK's sharpened anima looks so much better than their finished lux versions.

its almost as if people assume the worst in the infamous bad playerbase so having a shitty group with meta jobs is better than having a shitty group without meta jobs

My static from Creator all the way through Sigma was PLD, DRK, WHM, SCH, BLM, MNK (then SAM), BRD that only ever used weapons with Crit even if it was lower WD, and a SMN (then RDM).

I think the only way it could have been less meta was if the BRD played MCH, but purposefully gimping themselves with memecrit more than made up for it.

Did you miss the early Deltascape prog where Almagest spooked everyone into wanting WHM? I had a bunch of shitters trying to tell me our SCH/AST comp wouldn't work because they didn't realize our mitigation was so much stronger and than our combined HoT ticks pretty much cancelled the DoT. Still got our week 1..

Yochi Bow Zeta, or Longinus Zeta, or Apocalypse Zeta? Asking because I’m having difficulty which to do first, second, and third.

Attached: F3A5B71A-730C-429E-9018-A9217DC46249.jpg (1200x1199, 157K)

MCH was amazing in Creator though, and more than serviceable until BRD outscaled it mid-SB

XIV is on its death thrones now.

Yoichi > Longinus > Apocalypse

says increasingly nervous man for the 7th time today

Mmmm... I'll prolly go SMN>DRG>BRD
They all look good but considering I like the Lux version of BRD thats why it is last

>literally growing in numbers despite being in a fucking content lull
If this is how death looks like then put me six feet under

Attached: hmm.png (72x88, 9K)

I wish so I could get a house and not deal with FPS lag due to the sheer amount of people on screen in some places.

mch was good in midas too when bard was actually the less attractive option of the two for once

Do you realize how much it takes to attain Zeta?

Attached: file.png (338x124, 46K)

I’ve already made 3 user, and am in the process of making Sasuke’s Blades.

I made one. How do you have the will to redo it all again?

People call WoW dead even when it still has 1 million players. It's just low effort shitposting.

You can literally do a Zeta from start to finish in less than a week now. It's heavily nerfed. Light farming takes 2 hours tops if you know what you're doing.

It's not even the light farming that's the bad part of the ARR relic. It's the fucking soul sucking slog that's the books.

>>Scions have to hold the fort down without the WoL as Garlemald slowly encroaches into Eorzean territory
The fort is part of the Rek'tika Greatwood, which is confirmed to be on The First.

>People have been saying that raids are impossible or difficult to optimize without a WAR for Holmgang.
PLD/DRK combo is great for mitigation. Having my bro give me TBN during the twins as I gave him a boosted Intervention was just nice. PLD/DRK just works well together.

There are other Scions bro. Hoary, Coultenet, Arenvald, and the others

I see. I don't think they've touched the books or the bombard cores though. I don't get many gc seals these days.

The books aren't bad either. The FATEs don't take THAT long to spawn, and if I have to wait I just alt tab and shitpost or read a book.

He means the secondary scions holding down the metaphorical fort in the Source

the thing about holmgang is that it just let you avoid tank swapping or losing dps to go into tank stance if you were a knight. fights like a12s were a prime example of this because you could still make it work

>we'll never see the Hellfire Phoenix J'moldva in action

What should I level up after I get BLM to level 70 ?

Attached: 709D451D-8ABD-4178-BB24-803981620273.jpg (650x556, 131K)

SCH or AST.

Might want a healer so you have one job per role.

I'm having fun playing PvP.
I haven't ever tried 1v1 though it takes so long to get a match I just give up when Frontlines queues take like 2 minutes

>Arenvald and Fordola are canonically on primal hunting patrol because of the echo
>Hoary and Coultenet are holding down a camp with a unit of alliance troops
>getting surrounded
>Arenvald and Fordola break the line with a swarm of beast tribe bros and turn the tide

Attached: [poppo intensifies].gif (500x250, 183K)

Books wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to camp the Fates.

they changed that for lancer though. You do true>vorpal now.

You can queue for 1v1?

Yeah isn't that what Feast is?

I don’t play healers.

Scholar. Get a DPS and Healer leveled for the price of one.

>J'moldva shows her power level and goes down in a blaze of glory
She's Raubahn tier but retired from the coliseum and became a Wood Wailer and then a Scion

Attached: 1526755463368.gif (320x384, 1.31M)

If you level SCH you get SMN for free.

Feast is 4v4.

There is no 1v1 feast. But you can 1v1 duel anytime at wolves den at the area with the training dummies.

Oh damn I thought it was 1v1 because you can only queue solo.
But I guess that's just so it's fair...I feel dumb lol

>finally getting brd leveled after leaving it in hawk's eye range
>get it to 60 and it already feels miles more fun than current max mch
I guess I get why everybody plays this job now. I love how the songs just feel like different phases of gameplay.

Attached: 1544449333751.png (600x689, 388K)

very useful when you group regularly with someone who refuses to play as anything other than healer

Yeaaa... what do you think about having all three of their songs.being smushed together into one button?

You can also queue as a full 4 man group.

Well its a 2 for one class, level a summoner and get a free scholar

heres your 1v1 bro

Attached: 4552555.jpg (849x444, 82K)

Is that what they're doing to it? Kind of lame since I got a good hotbar setup for it now.

Verminion is the true endgame

For sure. I'm not denying how good Holmgang is. But I'm just saying it isn't necessary. Tank swapping pre-SB was a total chode though so I understand why people would have wanted to avoid it as much as possible. Cover actually does something similar now apparently? I covered my DRK for Omega's duo tank buster and basically took the damage solo. I haven't gotten around to testing it for other duo TBs to see if Omega is an exception and not a rule.

fucking yes it is and mods should ban them back to fucking /vg/ where they belong. Not even Smash threads are as consistent as FFXIV threads and mods never try to clean them up.
I genuinely think SE pays for these.

I hate LoV though

Nobody knows what they're doing until they announce it. That's one of the good things about FFXIV, they keep story and gameplay changes under tight wraps to keep people discussing and in suspense. Unlike in WoW where story and gameplay are spoilered weeks/months in advance from PTR datamining.

They already did that with pvp. Head to the Wolves Den as bard and try it.

>Alex was impossible without DRK

They were saying this because of Delirium, MNK gave the same thing you silly goose

>Not even Smash threads are as consistent as FFXIV threads
There has been a minimum of 2 smash related threads up since it was announced.

I know exactly why they were saying it, and it doesn't make it any less retarded for them. They were also saying MNK was unusable in Alex.

Omega is an exception
It has to be duo soaked normally because it applies a magical vuln up first.

>muh /vg/ boogeyman
>zero rp
>a few shitposts
>actual discussion about the game
I wish i got paid to shill these threads. Looks like you've never been to /xivg/. Lurk more before you look like an ass.

Attached: 1557322813404.jpg (762x785, 212K)

The same problem I have had with every single other FF expansion... not enough content to warrant a monthly sub so I drop it after a month or two.

Game would work a lot better with a buy it and forget approach.

Won't happen but id lol for months of it did.
Tankshitters can do their jobs or get fucked.

So? Meta whores are total retards. Is that news to you? The claim that Alex is impossible without -10% INT is preddy reasonable. Certainly not impossible, but way harder for sure.

I played MNK through Creator. It was the chad job then.

>So? Meta whores are total retards. Is that news to you?
No, I was just laughing at their retardation.

Unfortunate. I kind of figured that was the case, because then Cover would be broken beyond belief and I would have heard of it being used that way before Alphascape.

>tfw learning to keep up GL3 through the time portals and Inception

Attached: 1547194871445.gif (255x191, 2.68M)

>Doing a PUG
>Group damage is fucking abysmal
>Some faggot healer blames me
>Because of the aggro gauge being the lowest
>BECAUSE I'M THE ONLY NIGGER USING DIVERSION

Laugh on, brother. Meta whores make me sick. Though I do play NIN now, its mainly a consequence of raiding on an alt and not having many things levelled. But NIN is fun and I don't like SB MNK at all, so, whatever

>Music
That's the one thing I don't worry about for XIV

>Doing timegates on MNK

Anonymous..........................

I did, and learned to keep up my GL3 through it consistently.

I don't think you have the HW MNK mindset, really. You're just not.... Chad enough. Not cut out for it. If you plan to be a subservient little buttslut for your group like that, I suggest you play NIN or DRG.

>What if we made the job that wants to go fast.... go slow?

It introduced the insane burst window mentality that ultimately led to 60s PB and modern Riddle of Wind. Now you're just about optimizing your TKs, it killed the job as far as I'm concerned, but boy is it different to play optimally than it used to be.

I'm a Bahamut chad now anyway

Attached: 1533244770276.jpg (1230x1080, 257K)

Cover is broken beyond belief even without doing every duo buster

What the hell is the point of making new races in a game where all your jobs are tied to one character and leveling is a miserable experience?

The playerbase values cosmetics over everything else.

Race changes are $15 a pop on the cash shop.

TORNADO KICK ROTATION BABY

That is probably for the best.

Delicious fantasia sales, goyjin. Giving that much of a shit about race is completely idiotic, btw

because they'd rather make new races than improve the game itself and plebs eat it up

$10 actually. Also you can find it for $6-7 on Playerauctions

No less than the constant WoW classic wojak threads.

I couldn't give less of a shit about what WoW does. I like gameplay hints and leaks because it gives me something to look forward to.

>mashed songs
>mashed dots
>bloodletter, pitch, and barrage all being one button depending on song stance
I get it, but yeah this is kinda lame.

You say that like fantasias don't exist.

How do you feel about the fact that at least 80% of the people browsing and chatting in this thread have never cleared savage, and 97% have never cleared ultimate?

SEAL ROCK DAY QUEUE UP BITCHES

Re-leveling new jobs after getting to 70 on the previous one killed this game for me. Do your one dungeon roulette if you are pre-50 then grind out leves for your level range. It was the most soul sucking thing and I genuinely found myself dozing off while doing it.

Found the tranny.

We're finally on adds phase on UCOB send me energy anons

Attached: 1.png (1280x718, 876K)

Why does this game in particular have such an immense amount of trannies?

hello scylar

Attached: 1508456724920.png (1000x1000, 415K)

Does it really?

t. coping tranny

>citation needed

>then grind out leves for your level range
Literally no one does that.

>Using leves for DoW/DoM

Attached: 1538913406610.jpg (326x324, 50K)

Stop playing on Crystal/Aether server clusters.

It doesn't. Memeing doesn't make something real as much as Yea Forums doesn't want to admit it.

It doesn't.

t. greylet dps shitter that gets kicked every run
Reminder to kick all low parsing shitters Yea Forums.

reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/bd7hd5/the_guide_to_leveling_your_alt_jobs_1_to_70_in/

Follow this and you'll go from 1-70 in 5 days of casual play

It was boring but less boring to me than doing Palace. There were days where I wouldn't even log in because Palace was just that bad and I didn't want to spend 6 hours doing floor 50 runs.

If you say it enough it'll come true eventually, tranny.

t.ranny

Money
Viera make my dick hard though so I'm finally going to use my free month one.

It's like when people go on Moonguard on WoW and assume that everywhere is like that. It's pure ignorance on your part.

So don't do PotD. There are tons of way to get exp in this game.

[9:45 p.m.]Synth Fetish: Cut w/ the transphobic chats, please.
[9:46 p.m.]Synth Fetish has left the party.

Eureka, Hydatos, May 5th, 2019, MST.
Joking about genders in shout.

Attached: 1510265075239.jpg (620x405, 27K)

Hey you're pretty much there go get em anonimigo

>step 1. Get a friend

Already out of the question for Yea Forums

Good luck friendo.
Mix meme magic and nitpicking. A good portion of streamers are trannies and are always having a mental breakdown.
If anyone uses tranny in an arguement consider them a fan of trannies.
>multiuse key
Vs
>mashing your keyboard like a piano
I prefer a piano.

Attached: 1557285557769.jpg (2858x4066, 691K)

I dunno what 'immense' means to you but I've talked with a single tranny in the game and I've been playing for 4 years.

my group is also on adds

but i have to stop raiding soon feels awful man, i dont know if i will make it. golden here i come

Do I get a free 30 day sub when I pre-order it?

No why would you?

You will get that response in any online game or plataform.
Try to do that shit in overwatch and tell me how it goes.
You know god damn well you can't shit nowadays you nigger.

First time playing. I'll be grinding on control while Netflixijng.

What should I play? I'm thinking going the route to Ninja.

>Between 15 and 30 PotD and running dungeons gives similar exp for time
Between 15 and 30 the tag method is still the most efficient way, especially when you stack XP boosts.

I didn't. But the rest of the instance did, and it was gold, and no one got in trouble.
Also, seethe, cope, and dilate, and I've never used those words in a post before, since you seem so upset by my reference.

It makes you feel like a redditfag, then?

feels fucking bad man

Attached: 1419961298508.jpg (500x382, 21K)

It depends on the game, but in bard's case I like having all this stuff on different buttons considering how they work.

that's okay. i have a good feeling about tomorrow night. it's been 18 months and i still haven't seen the transition from adds to golden so it will be fresh and exciting. that alone will be worth it

Then if only one got upset and the rest laughed about then FFXIV is not full of trannies you retard.

Give me shota bunny boys or give me death!

Attached: 1524490378332.jpg (870x1060, 164K)

But it is, lmao.

Go to limsa, check out search infos, and watch the chat. How fucking new are you?

>Poor little Warr couldn't perma stay in Deliverance thanks to the AST and BARD feeding my BLM ass.
>No commends.

Attached: 435435453453453435.jpg (267x447, 41K)

>bunnyfag is here
Report that spammer and move on.
I do too, i'm just worried they'll go in that direction once ShB drops

Attached: 1557139272312.png (595x388, 331K)

>MNK is meant to go fast
>RoF and TK killed the job

Attached: 1427068886306.jpg (667x773, 130K)

Use ogcd during RoF. Use perfect balance/RoW to get back stacks.

Attached: 1377632151535.jpg (92x90, 5K)

Lots of RPers who try the new shit + Whales who racehop every week

pls help i want to have fun

My reaction image implies I'm scowling at the shitters that don't understand this

Play anything but gladiator or lancer because they're the worst starting classes in terms of fun

Try some jobs, see what you like. NIN is very engaging at level 70, but difficult to play optimally, and missing Trick can be very frustrating. NIN is also highly desirable in groups, that's a plus.

I see. Carry one then.

Attached: 1377566330660.jpg (120x104, 7K)

This game really needs that thing from WoW where they let you try out level capped classes in a special instanced area before you create your character. I bet it will retain a lot more players since they could realize early on what endgame combat is like and not think that 1-50 is the same as level 70.

sending all my energy, user
wish i could have tried ucob with my friends but most of them were against it

I haven't gone back to try RoF since samurai came out, but TK is a fucking godsend due to some of these fights having the boss just fuck off for 15 seconds.

>was only gonna lvl rdm to 70 before the expansion
>now also have a 70 pld
>now working on getting sam to 70
these jobs are fun to play bros...

Palace of the Dead and HoH
If that's not good enough for you then get the fuck out of my face and go beg for a PTR.

TK isn't just for downtime anymore. It's the highest dps rotation.

optimal MNK play is all about using the bajeezus out of TK now. there's 2 TKs in the opener, and burst windows throughout the fight (aligned with RoF+bhood) for more TK insanity. it's so different

I just did as you asked. I'm on the Crystal datacenter and went to Limsa and even went to Mateus/Balmung with world transfer.

Out of 58 statuses I checked:
20 were empty
37 were irrelevant (Mostly shit about levels, progress, music, random quotes, RP, etc)
1 had "Male playing female character" which I figured "close enough" (even though it's not, but I had to throw you a bone)

Also the only thing I saw in shout chat was... well, nothing.

Remember that Chocobo arena in Ishgard?
Don't worry. Not even the devs do. Feels like another place they wanted to turn into content later through Heavensward.

Palace of the Dead takes time because of the MSQ and grinding up there and HoH is not accessible until level 61+ which by then you already out 100+ hours into the game.

They need a class trial like WoWs character creator. Limited to one instanced area, start off at level cap and AF gear, and you can mess around with mobs or training dummies.

That might be cool to try if I ever go back to it. I'm a sucker for the weebstick though so since it was what I was waiting on for the longest time.

Try hitting up the Quicksand and Rhalgr's Reach next. Not because I want to prove you wrong or anything, I'm legitimately curious and want to see how they might differ.

I'll check out the quicksand first. I'll separate things a bit further since there's bound to be roleplayers there.

Yeah and I bet you think all the people who get orange parses are trannies too right? What a fucking joke.

Does anyone have the DF Mystery Niggas image?

They usually revisit old stuff later. Like how Seal Rock in HW is based on a area outside of Pharos Sirius from ARR. Or the BLU masked carnival uses the arena from uldah.

Guy playing as a futa/femboy/trap != tranny.

Blue mage isn't terrible

Attached: oh no its worse.png (333x334, 89K)

Haven't played in two years.
Any deals to get Stormblood and Shadowbringers cheap?

you get shadowbringers, you get stormblood for free

Trying to farm eruption is

Yes, it is.

kill yourself retard

FREE ARR WHEN
BUYING SHB PRE ORDER WAS ALREADY A FOURTH OF MY WAGIE PART TIME PAYCHECK BECAUSE I LIVE IN A THIRD WORLD
I CAN'T AFFORD THE STARTER PACK

Attached: 1526411069057.png (1080x981, 481K)

arr was free if you had twitch prime

You missed out when they were giving ARR for free through twitch prime. Even if you didn't have twitch prime you could do the Amazon Prime free trial to get twitch prime as well to take advantage of the offer

I have an unused twitch prime code.
Post info nerd

Attached: 1345697945937.jpg (634x423, 28K)

Alright I'm back with my info from the quicksand. I went to both Mateus and balmung again and here's the breakdown.

I check 67 total search infos.
10 were empty
42 were RP related
10 were Non-RP related
4 were RP trannies (All 'futas', and funnily enough 3/4 were roegadyn)
1 just had 'trans' in their search so I put them under non-RP trannies.

Among the RPers (46 count), 32 showed interest in allrp/ERP. There were more RPers and a higher ratio of ERPers on Balmung compared to Mateus.

DO YOU MEAN EMAIL

I wonder what they're going to do to Samurai.

Well from the few Statics I was part of, most of them value their parse and rotation over actually doing the fight right.

You can't get good parse without doing the fight "right".

Good at rotation =/= value parse

Value parse is greedy play. Greedy play in prog is idiotic.

The level 80 skill will just be swift cast.
Enjoy

Have fun

Attached: 1501827234213.jpg (600x600, 401K)

To be honest, I'd be fine with them not drastically changing the class.

>Greased Lightning now increases the efficiency of Fists of Fire, Wind and Earth, no more damage and attack speed bonus
>Fists of Fire: 5% increased damage +3% for every GL
>Fists of Wind: 10% increased attack speed +7% for every GL
>Fists of Earth: 5% damage reduction + 5% for every GL, also gives one chakra everytime you use a weapon skill at GL3
>no more chance to get a chakra on crit
>new ability: Inner Peace, use 5 chakras to freeze the GL timer until you use a weapon skill other than Form Shift
>new ability: Gust Counter, use 5 chakras to decrease the damage of the next attack against you by 5%. If you're hit, your next Tornado Kick can be used without spending GL
>Elixir Field now needs 5 chakras to be used, no more cooldown
>One Ilm Punch now gives you one chakra per enemy affected by Demolish

Would you like this MNK rework? Didn't know what to do with Brotherhood though.

Attached: MDG1xTZ.jpg (2000x1791, 326K)

If you actually get free ARR from that user don't forget to redeem free HW from SE shop too.

Let me rephrase. You should not be able to clear a fight, by watching MrHappy Guides and copy-pasting peoples rotation without knowing what your class does and what its purpose in a fight is.

They'll make 20% of the damage a result of getting hit, making you stand in survivable attacks to maximize damage.

No. The fists need to be made into 30 second buffs that you cycle through like BRD's songs.

Honestly all they need to do is fall for the GL4 meme, and combine elixir field with howling fist to do a galick gun.

Sounds like Fists of Earth is the only worthwhile form because it gives you Chakra.

One chakra = 50 potency

Far more than a 14% damage bonus on a weaponskill. Earth is too strong, but also not fun because you want to be going fast AND hitting hard

You'd still make more damage by staying in Fists of Wind. At least that's what I was going for. Using Fists of Earth would be to get the last few chakras you need to keep your GL or use Gust Counter. Maybe it should give one chakra per coeurl form instead.

Cheers man. That's a lot lower amount than I expected. Guess Yea Forums was wrong about the boogeyman after all.

>he weren't kidding
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
THANKS SO MUCH
I won't be able to repay you enough but I'm going to make sure to have fun in gratitude

Attached: arr.jpg (907x345, 49K)

They'd have to nerf the bajeezus out of Forbidden Chakra for that to work. Or Elixir Field. Think about it, in your design, an AoEing MNK should be in Earth full time - no bonus attack speed, no bonus damage. I'm also not convinced 31% speed bonus with no damage bonus will outweigh the loss of chakras... I still see Earth as the strongest here

Heartwarming

Yeah I didn't think about the numbers at all. My goal was to basically have Fists of Wind be the "default" stance, Fists of Fire the stance you used when you have to throw out big oGCD nukes (like the current RoF) and Fists of Earth to get 5 chakras in preparation for a mechanic.

Get this too.

Attached: Capture.png (229x431, 132K)

Attached: 1505409162288.gif (320x240, 1.99M)

Going fast is not a core tenant of monk and never has been

No problem friend. Like we all said, don't forget to pick up HW for free too

Attached: 1500842965199.jpg (501x434, 61K)

>lets make bad samurai even more dead weight by forcing healers to heal just them

It has been tho. They have the lowest GCD of all the melee jobs once GL3 is up. But they ruined it with Riddle of Fire.

it has been in some adaptations of the 20+ games released under the final fantasy brand though. and theres nothing that says monks cant go fast. theres nothing that says they cant sprout horns and breathe fire either

How fast is it? Samurai seems pretty fast.

Obviously depends on your skill speed. You can argue SAM is faster since SAM actually wants to go as fast as possible, and MNK can't go too fast without clipping problems. The fastest SAM set has more sks than the fastest MNK set, but MNK would be faster if they got that much skill speed

Sam plays faster because they have to weave oGCD shit near constantly while MNK's window takes a while to open.

I wish I knew what they were planning to do to MCH already

Primal, sorry to burst your reality
Primal
I don't care about parses you idiot. Tertiary strawman.
Faggots are a different matter.
Upset tranny or dumb shit ERPer.

BLM:
72: [Trait]: Automatically activates Enochian upon entering Astral Fire 3 or Umbral Ice 3
74: [Ability]: Stops the Astral Fire and Umbral Ice timer from decreasing for 12 seconds. Cooldown: 90 seconds
76: [Ability]: Reduces the MP cost of all spells to 0 for 12 seconds. Cooldown: 180 seconds
78: [Ability]: Converts active Ley Lines into a buff, rather than a ground aoe. Cooldown: 180 seconds.
80: [Spell]: Deals unaspected damage to target and all nearby enemies with 250 potency. Expends Polyglot and all active Umbral Hearts (if any). Attack potency is increased by 250 for each expenditure of Polyglot or Umbral Heart. Potency cannot exceed 1000 in this manner.

Stop playing on Leviathan retard

obsessed

>Rathalos as BLM

Attached: 1523899043842.jpg (126x138, 4K)

It's just like playing Heavy Bowgun in MH. Super easy to cheese once you know where to stand. It's even easier in XIV since you can teleport to people every 10s.

Samurai's Shifu is 10% whereas Huton and GL3 are both 15%, however SAM presses more OGCD

It isn't that bad, my dude. I popped my first 100k Foul there before I had ever done Eureka of course. BLM has a DoT which makes htem at least better than RDM in last phase, and stellar burst if you line it up right, BLM is great for Rathalos if you can handle the movement

But BRD is a whole 'nother level on that fight. BRD on Rathalos is fucking ridiculous. Heavy DoT damage, can snapshot turbo DoTs at the end of a down phase, great burst windows, and their free instant Esuna will absolutely save lives.

What is the SnS of FFXIV?

>Sword and Shield

lol idk

Attached: f38fe9be7af3586fb3400ae4890454e1b18681fb.jpg (819x1024, 175K)

rent free

>mfw primal is actually tranny central
lol and you're there with them fag

Is PLd fun?

horribly boring until level 54
then pretty gud

I'm still pissed PLD gets their sensible DPS finisher at 60 and their DoT earlier.

DRK has it worse. Should have been Bloodspiller 62, Quietus 64, Delirium 68. They got fucked.

By itself not really, especially when initially leveling. In groups, running raids, it's big fun. You get lots of support-oriented defensive options to protect the main tank, including a heal. Your attack rotation switches between a melee combo phase, with a DoT, and a magic casting phase, that works pretty seamlessly once you get the rotation down.

>shield skill that halves incoming damage
>shield skill that reduces the damage on someone by 10%, increases to 60% if you currently have a defensive CD active when using it
>cover that absorbs all incoming damage on the target
>big shield wings that reduces party's damage and halves incoming damage to you
>heal
>barrier that activates when healed (can be activated with your own heal
>invulnerability mega CD that grants total damage immunity for 10 seconds

I have yet to see any trannies on ultros, no idea what you on about.

I find Paladin really fun in PVP because you can support others with cover/heals and set up kills with your stuns. All while being a tanky motherfucker that leads the Frontlines (get it?)

i don't want this game to ever die. i'll end my life if it happens

Yell at for claiming trannies are a huge thing there, then.

FFXI is 17 years old and still going on. Nips respect main series FF games so they're never going anywhere unless they go bankrupt.

Most likely they’re shitposting and just trying to start a server war.

>shield skill that halves incoming damage
I assume you mean sentinel but that's still only 40% reduction. It's the strongest non-invuln DR though.
>shield skill that reduces the damage on someone by 10%, increases to 60% if you currently have a defensive CD active when using it
It's 50% of the effect of rampart OR sentinel if they're active. So it's either an extra 10% or 20%, for a max of 30%. Still, pretty damn good.

>no Fire V
>no Death
>no alternate ley lines that gives every party member but you their own ley lines
>no Between the Lines trait that warps everybody back to their ley lines

QUICK, THREAD IS DYING

Attached: Aggro.jpg (900x466, 59K)

lol u mad

There's 2 FFXIV threads up on Yea Forums both with hundreds of replies.

>no Between the Lines trait that warps everybody back to their ley lines
>full party Rescue
>still keep the 3s CD like BtL

This is the type of salt-inducing bullshit that would keep me subbed for another 4 years/

Attached: chicago-mls-jail.jpg (320x314, 23K)

>some healer pulls me into an AoE with rescue while I'm tanking
>Boss cleaves and kills not only them but 3 other people

I got sent into orbit by a Rescue in UCOB the other day. I got hit by two dives, my own twister, then got rescued into the healer's twister. So I flew up in the air and ping ponged between 3 directions. It was a wild ride. Rescue is a great ability.

I haven't played ffxiv in a year, am I allowed to subscribe again Mr. Yoshi?

No, I met him in game and he joined my FC. He's very cute but kind of dumb. He listens well though and is funny.

I'm bored, should I: Level up fresh DRK, push AST to 70, or join whatever mount farm PF

Attached: 1520121888605.jpg (1080x1080, 88K)

Join me on the AST push. I'm up to 63, where you at user?

>this happens before the match starts
It went as I expected.

Attached: Untitled.png (437x405, 368K)

I don't get it.

Healer is garbage.

How do you know the healer is garbage? I'm trying to figure out the game etiquette so I can work into a guild without offending autists like you.

My AST is 62 at the moment, I'm on ultros

You can't use standard chat in PvP, so it's only quick chat stuff. PvP is pretty autistic with quick chat, so you can start to understand what they mean.
It implies that tank had a match together with healer before and they lost because of healer.

Nice. That's an incredibly subtle thing to pick up on that lets me know you're an autist with info. So, while on the subject of pvp, what the fuck is even happening? I tried it out once and basically had a light induced seizure.

You just kill enemy, usually by focusing on one particular opponent be it melee or healer. It's usually done by bursting down opponent with your highest potency combo.
There's also other stuff like silencing or stunning healer, so he can't heal, but on low rank people just usually do whatever they want.

>Man cross server MB's totally gonna let me save cash on purchases!
*home world is generally the cheapest.*

Attached: 543435435435453345.jpg (1200x675, 72K)

behemoth? Saved a ton on materials there for my latest zeta.

Ever since world visiting came out, it made me realize how retarded prices are at some places.

>80k for 1 lightning materia iv on Leviathan
>12k on Lamia

Polygon interview.
archive.fo/UZsVF

It's been kind of like that for a while. I spent consistently less on raid stuff compared to the rest of my squad, and I'm the only one on Levi. Must have something to do with there being a good number of people who do the higher end gathering and crafting, so prices are lower due to higher flow.

I wasn't expecting anything and I'm still disappointed. What a pointless interview.

Which jobs are the most likely to survive 5.0's changes without becoming worse to play in the process?

MCH.
Can't get worse than it currently is.

>Yoshi confirms Eden will be just as shit as Omega
>everybody is talking about glamour plates instead

Attached: 1557317046687.png (680x382, 304K)

Literally the only important thing said was about glamour. Every other question was either pointless jokes or "Haha im not telling you you'll have to wait".

>>Yoshi confirms Eden will be just as shit as Omega
?

>That said — the staff who worked on Kefka and Final Omega are part of that production team, too! :p

What about armory? You're basically capped out on space if you have a set for each job and one for DoH and DoH.

Those are good fights though. What are you complaining about?

>Half fights
>good
Right, i forgot they made the entirety of omega compensate for retards that can't learn any new mechanics past minute 4.

>biggest fear
That they won't change how ogcds work so east cost will forever be fucked when trying to double weave or playing nin

>This starts playing

youtu.be/sc2iwgW98sk

Attached: 1452956771087.gif (237x300, 1.89M)

You're pretty much at the last hurdle.

>Yea Forums
>ever being right about anything

>Not Breaking Boundaries

What the fuck are you on about? The reason people hated Omega was because it was just a shitty crossover.

it could. imagine if they made it a selfish dps with no utility, it would be dead in the water like black mage and samurai

>file deleted

Eh

Attached: 414B481D-988A-4998-B573-88AAF6226AB8.jpg (396x446, 35K)

If I wanted to post a theme that is not as good then I would have posted that.

KYS TRANNIES KYS YOU'RE ALL OBNOXIOUS KYS TRANNIES KYS YOU'RE ALL OBNOXIOUS KILL YOURSELF TRANNIES KYS YOU'RE ALL OBNOXIOUS KYS TRANNIES KYS YOU'RE ALL OBNOXIOUS KILL YOURSELF TRANNIES KYS YOU'RE ALL OBNOXIOUS KYS

KYS TRANNIES KYS YOU'RE ALL OBNOXIOUS KYS TRANNIES KYS YOU'RE ALL OBNOXIOUS KILL YOURSELF TRANNIES KYS YOU'RE ALL OBNOXIOUS KYS TRANNIES KYS YOU'RE ALL OBNOXIOUS KILL YOURSELF TRANNIES KYS YOU'RE ALL OBNOXIOUS KYS

We are talking about playstyle, not performance.
MCH right now is easily the worst job to actually play, they could bump your damage up by 200% and that wouldn't change.

Remember to report the granny poster's posts as being illegal content. This gets them deleted MUCH faster since mods just skim through illegal content reports.

WTF is this thread even??

retard

>granny poster
I know it's a typo but it made me chuckle.

Attached: nagito4.png (296x309, 195K)

Hey man some trannies have good taste in video games, they don't all play this trash. apologize

honk honk

>tranny poster upset that his retarded posts are being deleted
Stay mad faggot.

FUCK TRANNIES & FUCK GRANNIES

rent free

Wrongful reporting is a good way to get yourself banned.

Playable ubermensch when?

Attached: 546465465561654465.jpg (1920x1080, 375K)

>MCH quest
>"If your guns are so good why don't you enter a tournament! We'll cut you up!"
Why do Ishgardians not understand what guns are?

>combat jobs 2complicated4me
Guess I'm forever a wol main

>You'll never fuck a girl in her third eye in a complicated RP ending in snuff

What are you gonna do? Shoot me?

Do you genuinely think that I'm remotely concerned about being banned?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_server
Banning has always been meaningless on this website, unless you're retarded.

If you're an evader, you're no better than them. Rules are rules, and there will be no tolerance for mercenaries.

I don't understand they hype for shadowbringers, is just going to be another xpac making old content irrelevant, but now you can be a bunny woman and some new class? Same fucking lockouts, same garbage activities, just a new set dailies to waste your life over? Or is there something actually new that changes the game in a meaningful way besides literally reskined content?

Bye felicia

>wtf why would people be excited for new content in an mmo?

What is the fastest way to level nowadays. I know it used to be PotD but I think that changed a while back.

"oh, this was an A-Rank?"

Its not really new content. Its the exact same style of context with essentially skins over it.

If you like a thing why would you not want more of the same?

Not him but the problem is that XIV doesn't add content, it replaces content.

You're a little late to start that shit.

Attached: 1541607739325.png (229x252, 26K)

Because it gets bland and repetitive. You can't like the same thing forever.

People seem to forget that this is a Final Fantasy game before it's a MMO. The game's "new content" is progress in its story. Improving it's gameplay is an afterthought.
If SE was more worried about putting gameplay over story, the game would most likely play more like "better" 1.0 than going with a "modified WoW" formula.

What does that even mean? The only content they've ever removed from the game was og Diadem.

Have you ever tried to go and do Coil or Alexander? You can't really experience them. You can only unsync and blow through them like trash. And you'll never get a group willing to sync them. There's no reason to go back and do them either because gear is replaced every 3 months. I don't want to start FFXI shitflinging, but content in that game remained relevant for 6-7 years after it was added.

Modifier WoW gameplay is the only thing keeping XIV afloat. Nobody plays this so they can clear MSQ content in a patch in 2 hours then do nothing.

>MCH right now is easily the worst job to actually play
In that case it's heavily exaggerated. Its really not any different from other jobs with 1 minute burst windows which are more than half of all jobs. If I had to guess why people complain about it frequently its because HW MCH was so much fun to play.

Guys, I think I'm a Zenosfag
>hear someone say "just so" in any context
>immediately hear it in Zenos's voice
>get urge to run Ala Mhigo

>start the Nier raid
>during the first few cutscenes Alpha makes a return
>Omega also returns, but as the minion and severely depowered
>is so completely, objectively harmless in this form that Cid and WoL agree to let him stick around at Alpha's prodding
>as the raid storyline progresses Omega slowly begins to understand human emotion, matching theming with Nier Automata
>later Omega sacrifices himself to protect the party while apologizing to Alpha as Weight of the World plays
Would you like it?

THE POWER TO TRANSCEND

HAVE YOU THE STRENGTH?

My post has nothing to do with what people want. It's about why the game is what it is.

fresh

Attached: FFXIV.png (875x675, 784K)

Sure I can. Actually I did just that with some friends who had never done coil back in October before we did ultimate.

>tfw nier is popular because they want to fuck the main character
>tfw we're only getting a nier crossover so degens can dress their character up as the main character they want to fuck

Neither is mine. My post wasn't subjective. Im telling you people don't sub for the story. They sub for the endgame content and the passable gameplay to do it with.

depends

PotD is still the most mindless way to level

the highest on-level dungeon is generally your best experience if you can do it fast, but that's not really reliable unless you're a tank (command missions are an option but they usually go a bit slower as you have to corral your AI squad around)

since I've experimented with leveling multiple classes simultaneously, the roulettes for 50+ levels:

50/60 + Trials
Leveling
Main Scenario

all give roughly the same for the daily payout, though leveling might give better returns if you get an on-level dungeon

Alliance Raids gives the best XP for time unless the group really strikes out
(not sure how Normal Raids pays out since I wasn't doing 60+ classes)

>dub
You’re not a real zenosfag

Attached: 4FE0FD38-50F2-4C94-958B-25ECA1063A12.jpg (1119x607, 111K)

YES, YES, JUST SO
MORE!

This

>When shooters release new maps but they're just the same maps where you run around and shoot people
>When board games release new boards but you still roll dice and buy property and so on
>Pokemon(lol)
>When they release fighter after fighter but it never evolves beyond hitting the other person until they're knocked out
Truly FFXIV is the worst. Who wants to play the game just so they can get to more game to play?

Are you niggas ready for
RIDDLE OF FIRE II

Attached: 1527577615103.png (224x405, 147K)

Thanks for the advice user

Well you're one of the very, very rare people with a group of friends who wanted to actually do that. The game is not designed to encourage it, and in fact discourages it by adding in the Echo buff and unsync.

I’d rather have Riddle of FUCK YOU: mutilate the fucking tank, preventing him from moving forever. Also increases their damage and defense by NOTHING. FUCK YOU TANK CUNTS STOP SPINNING THE MOBS YOU RETARDS.

I wish more people were interested in running synced and min ilvl content, I love the fights in this game and its sad that new players don't get to experience them.

Attached: 1520037945377.png (906x905, 924K)

Shooters don't make the old maps irrelevant, shooters don't make old guns irrelevant, the added content does add more of the game to play.
Board games are physical items, you can sell your old board game and play the new one, or lend it to your friends, or play the old game and the new one every time you meet with your friends, if you're at some store you can demo botht he old board and the new board at different tables because you acquires an entire new board game even if it's a slightly modified version.
Pokemon is a game for children and manchildren, it's rehashed shit, but they do add 100 new pokemons with new abilities and evolutions for old pokemons, and also it's an rpg with a competitive scene where you have to min/max the shit out of your pokemon team in pvp, something FFXIV has never managed to get right in the slightest.
Fighters actually make subtle and not so subtle changes every iteration, no street fighter is the same as the previous one, not even the alphas, not smash is the same as the previous one they always make slight changes and every new character changes the meta and how every other character interacts in that new matchup.

FFXIV just changes the skin and the name of an enemy, and gives you a new quest to kill the same mob AI you killed when you were lvl 10. It gives you the same crap dailies except now it's a new area with pink trees instead of green. As someone mentioned before FF is about the story progression, but the story is so bad people pay to skip it.

Apparently there's not a single new activity that makes shadowbringers different than Heavensward, just a new set of recolored enemies to fill a quest tracker.

Attached: 1472160753666.jpg (1280x1837, 292K)

I think they should add shortcuts for the previous expansions’ relics and allow you to skip steps by clearing raids synced.

Attached: 2330e8de-d8bc-4783-bb57-dbed7e260598.png (1431x547, 61K)

Get fucked, shiter. You already have a massive shortcut by being level 70.

I was just thinking about an incentive to run old raids synced, not a way to steal your glory of being one of the many autistics manchildren who bothered with something as vain as relics.

That's just not the right incentive then. Rather they should level sync the other stuff. Desynthesis, material failures, crafting hq 3* items, alexandrite maps. I wish I could give all this pain to people breezing through zetas today.

>not this
youtube.com/watch?v=AXq3bnD0_SI

youtube.com/watch?v=hWkH1elDDLI

>The reaction toward battle mechanics and other specifics are a very small factor in comparison to this bigger picture.
Oh dear.

Attached: firefox_vo7nyIPeGt.png (703x383, 40K)

how many hours a week to I need to invest to be competitive in FFXIV shadowbringers? I'm no longer a neet, and I don't know if I can be enslaved to a raiding guild schedule, but I can't stomach being a scrub with second rate armor/items.

based, raidtrannies left eternally seething

There's nothing in XIV that gives more secondhand embarrassment than seeing someone walk around wearing the latest raid gear. This isn't WoW and people who try to play it like WoW are frowned upon.

>Shooters don't make the old maps irrelevant
Neither does FFXIV
>shooters don't make old guns irrelevant
This game doesn't have anything remotely resembling guns, except for gear progression - which belongs in an RPG.
>the added content does add more of the game to play
(You) sure said a whole lot of nothing there.

>Board games are physical items etc
What the fuck has reselling board games got to do with anything? You can replay the entirety of FFXIV whenever you want with a new character, you can even do it with friends. Reselling MMORPG characters has always been against TOS for every game - even non-MMORPGs. Again, you've said a whole lot of fucking nothing.

>Pokemon is a game for children and manchildren etc...
Target audience is irrelevant. Shadowbringers adds new skills/abilities, also equaling to over 100 now. Also who gives a shit about competitive.
inb4 "BUT POKEMON CREATURES ARE MORE COMPLICATED THAN ABILITIES", that's where you're wrong. A new ability can completely change or enhance the way a job plays, and usually this happens with every expansion. Also the only people who care about competitive gaming in casual games are retarded zoomers. See: Overwatch, Fortnite. The two stalest competitive games on the market right now.

>Fighters actually make subtle and not so subtle changes every iteration...
And FFXIV hasn't? Talk to anyone who has played since ARR and they'll tell you every job has changed drastically since 2.0.

You're a cherry picking retard who can't form a decent argument without using strawmanning or speaking a load of raw, unfiltered, bullshit.
Kindly blast your brains out, at least you might stop being such a retard.

And here's why This community not only has no interest in doing content, it actively despises the people who do it. And Yoshida knows that now. They just want more pretty cash shop glamour and LE EPIC HILDIBRAND XDDDD

This doesn’t bode well

t.shitter who can't parse above grey

Enjoy your "NEW" summon fight where you avoid the red shit on the floor to get a new colored chocobo for only $14.99/month and some daily to hunt 10 new insects. I'm not hating on Vieras, but that's all there is to it.

Oh noooooo, they're focusing on content that more than 5% of the playerbase will enjoy, what ever will we do

Attached: FFXIV.png (40x40, 5K)

That just means you've been saving all along

>New content in shooters doesn't make old content irrelevant and adds more to the game
It only adds more of the exact same game to play over and over again because adding another 4 maps to the rotation of 10 or 12 base maps gets old quick. Shooters also have very different balancing issues where if new weapons don't make old weapons irrelevant, they're already irrelevant because everyone else is using the most broken guns.
>Board games are physical items and differ depending on the people and amount you play with
Yeah, and we're talking about video games. People played 100% OJ for years until we got a new one and I'm pretty sure the game didn't change much at all between release and final update.
>Pokemon adds in at least a hundred pokemon with subtle new spins every iteration
Yet they still make the base gameplay exactly the same. In fact, they make it a point to render all the effort of min/maxing wasted effort in games that are literally aimed at "kids with no attention span." Pokemon PVP is cool and all, but it's a solved game with RNG. Like chess if some pieces hard countered others and you can only pick six.
>Fighters subtly evolve and are tweaked and balanced iteration through iteration while little quirks give birth to new meta
Not only is that comparing a multitude of games running for years and years to one game running for 6, but it's ignoring that FFXIV has the exact same thing. It's also ignoring that you still just do the same thing over and over in fighting games. Building muscle memory to respond to the same scenarios that you'll see over and over again if you play it for hours and hours in the same 10 stages that don't affect anything unless you're playing Soul Caliber or Mortal Kombat.

You're ignoring the biggest issue that you yourself are presenting. It's the same thing. Over and over. You're just trying to candy coat everything else while smearing FFXIV as though its core gameplay should change every update.

What do you people want? You say the world is dead, but then they see that people are taking an interest in the world, so they want to work on it. Now that's bad that they aren't throwing everything into raids only.

Attached: file.png (973x357, 114K)

Go shitpost in wow classic threads that have the exact same image and wording in every single one of them.

>classic...home
>hugging wojak.jpg
>repeat ad nauseum every time the thread dies

This but unironically. Yoshida has realized that the """people""" who raidlog and AFK in Rhalgr's are not the saving grace of an MMO, but the cancer infesting it. He knows pandering to them is why Everquest died, and why WoW died, and so he has no desire to indulge the HRT crowd. He knows there is nothing to be gained from trying to satiate the bitter trannies like to whom the game is nothing more than Simon Says once a week. He knows that the people who will truly keep the game alive are those immersed in the lore, the ones who make gorgeous houses and spend hours finagling with dyes and glamours, those who arrange mass meetings of dozens if not hundreds of other players for any sort of celebration.

Optimally he'd cut out Savage raiding entirely and leave you to seethe in Idyllshire for another two years, but this will work.

Attached: 1556662905764.jpg (932x932, 73K)

>its an mmo armchair expert episode

just give me the benchmark already

Regular versions of fights aren't meant to be a tremendous challenge.
Extreme versions however take more time to beat as they have more requirements that need satisfied in order to win. They are always more complicated than "avoid bad area".
You are literally retarded.
Fuck off.

Only WoWfugees could read that and interpret it as a bad thing.

Attached: 5a5.png (1600x2509, 136K)

We’ll just run the same dungeon we’ve been running for 6 months while the 95% play that "content" for 2 days before going back to RPing

You know you can enjoy raid/battle content and other types of content, right? Also fuck off with your normie tier facebook anime trap.

>When you pay 15 bucks a month to play dress up and roleplay in a game without any nudity but you call other people trannies for wanting a game to be a game

show me this extreme version that only the FF super micro neets can beat

>BAWWWW
Just as expected.

Attached: 1537458719135.jpg (1020x797, 260K)

>without any nudity
There's been a nude mod since mid-Heavensward.

>to whom the game is nothing more than Simon Says once a week

Literally wrong.
I clear all Savage content and am currently working towards Ultimate content at this exact moment.
When I don't do Savage content, I level my other jobs or my crafters, partake in FC activities, do PvP, earn glamours through achievements, run weekly challenges like Wondrous Tales, and overall just hang around playing with my friends.

I can do all of that that AND manage to clear all the hard mode content with just 6 hours of raiding throughout an entire week AND work a full time job. Not to mention my parses are very respectable too considering I don't spend as much time as other people do in this game.

So, what's your excuse? Oh wait. You're just SHIT at this game. Go watch TV if you can't keep up.

>I AM SILLY
>I am calm and amused
Just as expected.

Attached: Untitled.png (1020x797, 577K)

Nigger I'm the biggest lorefag around, I roleplay, I hunt glamour, I decorate my house. But I also like difficult content. Fuck off with your shitty bait.

>>I AM SILLY
>>I am calm and amused
>Just as expected.
Sasuga, tranny-san.

Attached: oraoraora.gif (502x436, 311K)

>MUH TRANNY BOOGEYMAN
Pretending to be a retard still doesn't change the fact that you are actually retarded.

Don’t reply to /xivg/