Why is yakuza 0 the best of the series?

why is yakuza 0 the best of the series?

Attached: A4529CDB-CCCA-4E01-B91E-5968FD6F5397.jpg (1200x800, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/1y5dms7xvwI2rP0C4frvhGXjkD02n1PpN/view?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=ZrJk7pH8PfA
drive.google.com/file/d/1N7KgIKdK--IXj65E5AjPuoZSO4ALwlWz/view?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=Cl6bguNyoRU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no

because it's the only game you played

I've always wanted to get into this series which game is best. idc if its a sequel

It had some neat ideas and some really good story beats, but it also had its problems. Personally I think beating money out of people was a better progression path than beating xp out of people. It also allowed the money to serve a real purpose since in other Yakuza games it was irrelevant since you'd be swimming in it because there was no money sink. Also it was visually more interesting.

It has the least retarded story, and best supporting cast. They really put a lot of love into this game because of their own personal nostalgia for the 80s.

That being said, 5 is still my favorite.

Attached: Crowe - only good thing to come out of FFXV.gif (500x331, 1.53M)

As much as Yea Forums doesn't want to admit it because it's a popular opinion on these people live to be contrarian, Yakuza 0 has the most refined combat in the series, and the story a decent place to start if you're not starting with Y1.

wrong

I wouldn't say the most refined at all. It's the easiest in the series next to 4, because the fighting styles are stupidly overpowered. I think 2 and 3 were the highest points in combat for the series.

It's not. 6 is.

Attached: Mommy Anri.webm (1920x1080, 2.93M)

I mean if we're going full on contrarian mode, then 3 is the best.

As much as you like Anri, she must be really insufferable to be around.

ITS A GOOD GAME
drive.google.com/file/d/1y5dms7xvwI2rP0C4frvhGXjkD02n1PpN/view?usp=sharing
HERE'S KIWAMI 2

Attached: YakuzaKiwami2 2019-05-07 21-04-52.png (1920x1080, 1.22M)

Because it was your first Yakuza game and you played it on Steam after it got popular.

Based and gureitodiamondupilled

6 is utter trash, and that ratfaced cow's acting during the live cam minigame was awful. The other girl was much better.

YIKES

Attached: 1557250331110.png (895x965, 96K)

What kind of gay ass name is Jared Tracton?

Kuze is a really really strong recurring antagonist, and the thing about using mo-cap for 80s-90s actors/JAV actresses really works well. I won't say it's the best, since I've only played 1 and 2 when they were cheap for the PS2 and 0.

my sides

Attached: 1557274146548.jpg (400x400, 30K)

Wrong sir, I playtested on PS4 first and THEN bought it on steam when it came out.

Here's a torrent courtegy of /vg/:

Attached: Untitled.png (1913x975, 1.32M)

>They really put a lot of love into this game because of their own personal nostalgia for the 80s.

Exactly this. Explains why everything afterwards has been absolutely soulless compared to 0 and everything before it.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1436022783387.jpg (500x375, 26K)

Shota Kiryu SFM when

Attached: 12423525234221.png (985x794, 1.55M)

He has a point though.

>Why aren't more Yakuza games brought to the west? Oh well time to pirate another Yakuza game.

More guilty pleasure mode than contrarian mode, but I do admit 6 can't beat Andre Richardson's tacky existence. It's like fighting a house of the dead villain youtube.com/watch?v=ZrJk7pH8PfA

ASK MY AUSTRALIAN PARENTS MATE

Is this 1080p?

was the game leaked
jesus christ Sega

hello zhang wei!

Caucasians in Yakuza always look so uncanny.

>You need permission
>Want in? Ask for access, or switch to an account with permission. Learn more
Lmao

Meanwhile the CHAD /vg/ torrent works It's the press build, and yes it's a leak.

1440p

1440p

Do you know Mikki Tracton?

>yes it's a leak

my fucking sides
first 6 and now this

He panic mode deleted it because it revealed his gay ass name, he also privated his facebook account like a queer lmao

Nothing will ever beat the time Sega accidentally released Yakuza 6 for free a whole month early

APOLOGIES I PANICKED BUT I DO NOT CARE ANYMORE
FOR I AM KIWAMI MAN
drive.google.com/file/d/1N7KgIKdK--IXj65E5AjPuoZSO4ALwlWz/view?usp=sharing
JOKES ON YOU I DONT HAVE A FACEBOOK

BASED

Please genuinely kill yourself.

You're Jared, you'll never escape your name. You subway sandwich fucking mother fucker.

That was great. I downloaded the demo not realizing it was the full game till next day. Got to play it for half a week before access was revoked.

I NEVER ASKED TO BE NAMED AFTER A DIDDLER
I HAVE TRIED MULTIPLE TIMES BUT GOD INSISTS I STAY ON THIS EARTH

Okay whatever you say... ...Jared...

Attached: jared-becoming-a-bro.jpg (633x356, 44K)

Even Judgement looks soulless, and both the MC for that and Ichiban look stupid.

stop with this stupid buzzword

Calling the guy who was going to do Yea Forums sings for kiwami 2
What song are we doing? Is it still going?

Minigames out the ass which provided unlimited amount of playing time.

I do prefer the XP system of Kiwami but Zero has a ton of more content.

it's good but it has it's own problems like the other games have their own problems, so it balances it out.
it's tied with 2, 4, and 5.

It's absolutely true in this scenario.

>Minigames out the ass which provided unlimited amount of playing time

That's 5, stupid secondary.

Might be a buzzword, but play Kiwami after 0 and tell me it isn't a soulless rushed cash grab.

it's absolutely not.
the first game in the series had way more passion and energy poured into it just to make it a reality.
it was also ballsy to not use this as an excuse to reboot the franchise, and instead end kiryu's story with 6 while introducing an entirely new protagonist.
you can see what the devs love due to the content they put in each of the game.
only exception to this is the kiwami games, which are made with a shoestring budget.

6 is soulless.

argument win for me

If you say so. 6 is absolutely soulless and rushed. They didn't even have enough faith in Ichiban to kill Kiryu off properly. They just repeated the start of 5 where he fucks off and sulks.

Ending his story would be killing him off, he is not gone and will eventually come back when the series needs the boost in sales.

more like they didn't have the balls to do it.
unlike 5, everyone thinks he's dead. the whole point of it being like this was so that no one would go after his family just to get to him, so them just suddenly bringing him back would be incredibly retarded.
i have enough faith that ichibans game will do well seeing that judge eyes did pretty well, and he was pretty well received with mobile game iirc.

>just suddenly bringing him back would be incredibly retarded.
It's not like most of the reasons he is at the centre of the conflict in the games was actually reasonable to begin with. You're setting a weirdly high bar for a series known to reach really hard and include some really dumb plot points just so Kiryu got involved.

It didn't have Haruka.

Attached: 1555116190654.jpg (720x720, 92K)

>incredibly retarded

The writing in the entire series summed up right here.

you fucks had better he seeding

i get that the series has always had retarded stories, but it'd be especially retarded here. before 6's release the main thing that they advertised was that it was "kiryu's last chapter"
so for them just to bring him back would be a massive kick in the dick, and could potentially do more harm than good.
i'm pretty sure that nagoshi and the devs wanted to move on from him for a while, so the only way i could see them being okay with bringing him back, is if they shoved him into a dumb fanservice spinoff like ishin.

>finally finished the pandemonium
FUCK THE AMON BROTHERS AND FUCK RYUJI

Well it all rides on how well Ichiban is received. If he is hated by enough of the fanbase then of course they'd go full retard pull Kiryu back in. They'll accept Ichiban not being super popular for the first game, but if it doesn't seem like opinion is changing by Yakuza 8 they'll have no choice. The series isn't huge to begin with, losing any meaningful number of faithful customers is something the series can't afford.

Japan already likes him. I do too. Kiryu should've been axed after 2.

WOW BREAKIN' ZA LAAAW
BREAKIN ZA RUUULE
KOWASE
youtube.com/watch?v=Cl6bguNyoRU

shut the fuck up

It was made with soul

>yakuza 0
shit sux

No one has asked this in over 5 years.