20€

>20€
This game seemed to fade into obscurity despite being an exclusive. Is it worth 20€?

Attached: file.png (736x489, 449K)

imagine a basic platformer where the only challenge is getting a stupid dog to listen to you

Same happend to ICO and SotC after release. People are dumb.

Pretty comfy, dunno about 20. Got to be a second hand physical copy you can get for cheap

SotC is kinda shit though

Much like Ueda's other games there's not really any replayability so not a whole lot to discuss now it's been out for 2+ years
I really enjoyed it though so I'd say it's worth the purchase if you're into relatively slow paced vidya. Think I prefer it over Ico at this point.

how bad is base ps4?

Perfectly playable but framerate is kind of shit in places.

Take that back

Shame they never did a full VR version of the game given that one demo was pretty slick.

>despite being an exclusive

because of*

Stories cute but the gameplay is painful. You'd honestly have a better time watching a playthrough.

played it once. probably never again. underwhelming.

WHY IS CLIMBING AUTOMATIC?
I JUST WANT TO GET OFF THE FUCKING FAGGOT GRIFFON!

It's pretty mediocre. Wich is weird because Ico and SotC were masterpieces.

Sorry man but I recently played through it and idk. I only loved one colossi fight - the one with the flying eel in the desert where you ride your horse freely and have to catch up to it when you blow up all 3 sacs. It felt really free.

Eveything else made me feel bad stuff: frustrating horse controls (like the horse taking so long to do anything), the extremely sparse story separated by 16 boss fights, most of which are pretty forgettable, the godawful shit camera that doesnt let you turn off auto center, clunky dodging, and "puzzle bosses" that are all about trying to figure out what retarded shit the developers were thinking (like the fire bull fight) instead of actually overcoming the challenges by using your brain.

This, sotc is a terrible game with nice aesthetic

I really enjoyed it

But the music though...

This game plays like shit, those to are good, big difference

>The dog and the interaction with his is top notch, the dog also looks great.

>Level design is shit

>Only the dog looks good.

>The camara is complete garbage

Honestly I say go for it, the interaction with the dog is unique to the game, but don't expect much.

It's okay on the pro, i can't imagine on the base PS4 it must be pretty bad.
It has low replayability because it's mostly made out of set pieces so once you've seen them the surprise is gone that being said these set pieces are very impressive. How often to do you replay games anyway. Once every 10 years for the last guardian.

i'd suggest you go replay them this instant

So is Ueda done for since he left Sony? The fuck is he gonna do? Team Ico was torn apart. He doesn't exactly have an impressive repertoire over 20 years of designing games. I can't imagine any publisher giving him Ico/SotC/TLG-tier budgets or time.

So basically every team ico game is garbage. But I already knew this 15 years ago

Maybe I have nostalgia for ICO, but I played SoTC afeter the LG

>getting a stupid dog to listen to you
It listens fine, stop mashing the button you ADD sperg

it was about 15 years too late, and the streamlined cinematic gameplay doesn't impress anymore

The game reminded me a lot of Dragonheart with the whole beast/human relationship. It's the most emotion-invoking game I've ever played. I tore up like a fucking bitch near the end.

Not really. Watch a let's play.

Yeah, that's a good price for it I'd say. I enjoyed it but it was not worth the $60 I paid for it.

Is irredeemable trash.

You don't know quality music.

Did you play the original version? How the fuck do you manage not to enjoy climbing up giant monsters and stabbing them to death, all in real time with stamina mechanics?

I asked myself this in like 2012 or whenever it was announced and this thread has revoked my question: Does the doggo die at the end?

Because the game doesn't offer any challenge. None of the colossi are a threat at any point.
That's why I liked the flying eel thingy right so much. It capitalises on everything the game does well - big open arena to ride your horse freely without the need to do maneuvers the horse can't deal with smoothly, bow combat against an enemy that doesn't spaz out or requires specific timing, boss doesn't bother attacking you, weak points distributed throughout the body instead of just rushing for the head, riding an airborne beast gives it a whole new feeling of spectacle...

It's worth however much you're willing to pay for it

It's a game where your goal is to make the AI do what you want to progress in the game
Trico will seriously take years to do something you could probably do in seconds and that can get really frustrating

I hate you.

You are contrarian trash and thus your opinion is null.

EAT THE FUCKING BARREL YOU STUPID FUCKING DOG
NO, NO DON'T COME OVER HERE
LOOK AT IT
EAT IT
EEEEEAAAAATTTTTT THE FUCKING BARRREEEELLLLLLLLL
FINE LEAVE IT THEN I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT IT DOES FOR YOU
Let's just....Let's just get past this next room okay?
All right now Trico....Swing your head THAT way so I can jump to the platform!
You can do it!
FUCKING DO IT
You can do it!
All right there we go- YOU STUPID DOWNIE CHICKEN WHAT THE FUCK DON'T TURN YOUR HEAD AT THE LAST MINUTE I FELL ALL THE WAY BACK DOWN TO THE FUCKING BOTTOM
*call trico*

Attached: 1504351066635.jpg (538x445, 73K)

Yes.

*tips fedora*

What does that even mean

I think the barrels are just collectibles.

It's a tale of rehabilitation through love and companionship

The game isn't that hard, and Trico isn't that difficult to command. How bad are you?

The bird is semi-autonomous which is a conscious design decision by Ueda that goes all the way back to how frustrating Agro was to control in SOTC. He's said as much himself. So yes Trico absolutely will do shit like turn his head at the last second before you need to vault off of him, it's frustrating. And being that he needs enough space for his barrel animations to play out he'll sometimes just refuse to eat them depending on the terrain

Just wait when they release it on steam like any other exclusive.

As a Dog owner I loved that. That's how they work. You need to be constantly attention grabbing or those little ADHD retards will forget you're in front of them

That was only really an issue at launch. I played it again not too long ago, and it seems like they patched him to be more responsive. He doesn't just stand there and moo at you that much anymore.

It's fine. I think people went in hoping for Shadow of the Colossus 2, and were disappointed to find Ico 2 instead. Not to mention the near decade of unrealistic expectations built up from being vaporware for nearly a decade.

No, but it does the Harry and the Hendersons/ET/Free Willy thing, where it leaves at the end, but it's implied that it might return years later when the kid is an old man, and it has befriended/mated with the "evil" Trico.

Chill the fuck out and enjoy the presence of your giant magical dog.

It was on sale for $12 yesterday. You missed out.

This or SOTC remake or Gravity Rush 2, they're all similar price on the japan week sale

It's called Capitalism sweetie, look it up

It's really not fucking fun. I fucking hate that piss of shit dog. Concept is interesting, but honestly both Shadow of the Colossus and ICO are kinda boring as well, though with shadow of the colossus - i at least finished that game.

lol, so contrarian! Upvoted!

Attached: 1553555411830.png (2200x874, 1.54M)

>people have problem controlling Agro and Trico
How, they do more than half of the work themself

Attached: 1501872656401.webm (592x660, 1.84M)