What is their end game? They seem to have personal vendetta against Steam...

What is their end game? They seem to have personal vendetta against Steam, but their store is inferior to Steam and all they do is use Fortnite money to buying some exclusive which doesn't seem to make a dent to Steam at all. What would they hope to accomplish?
Please no shitposting I'm actually curious.

Attached: 774px-Epic_Games_logo.svg.png (774x898, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/b/?node=979455011
gamespot.com/articles/steam-giveaway-this-pc-game-is-free-to-claim-for-a/1100-6466681/
cnet.com/news/portal-is-free-portal-is-free-for-pc-and-mac/
theverge.com/2013/12/26/5244524/left-4-dead-2-free-on-steam-for-christmas-2013
pcgamer.com/amnesia-the-dark-descent-and-a-machine-for-pigs-are-free-on-steam/
pcinvasion.com/jotun-valhalla-edition-free-steam-gog-monday/
pcgamer.com/kholat-the-sean-bean-narrated-game-about-dead-russian-hikers-is-free-on-steam/
amazongames.com/
arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/04/why-valve-actually-gets-less-than-30-percent-of-steam-game-sales/
theguardian.com/technology/2016/mar/04/microsoft-monopolise-pc-games-development-epic-games-gears-of-war
techradar.com/news/could-the-death-of-uwp-apps-spell-the-end-for-the-microsoft-store
engadget.com/2019/02/19/linux-gaming-steam-valve-epic-games-store/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>What is their end game?

Crashing PC gaming... with NO survivors!

Attached: 220px-Rocket_League.jpg (220x254, 25K)

Amazon strategy, they're pouring money into an unsustainable business model in an attempt to make Steam lower themselves to doing them same.
They wanna kill Steam and take over.

A decent userbase.

Gee, I wonder what the ultimate goal is for a company that is more or less obligated to generate profit for the owners.

>They seem to have personal vendetta against Steam

So do I

What do you think of account-based DRMs?

I'm disappointed at the timing, just when Linux gaming was so close to having a breakthrough with Steam Proton, we get a game launcher that has no Linux support and exclusives that probably won't be ported to Linux anytime soon.

>What is their end game?
Their end game is to get users onto their platform by acquiring as many exclusive games as possible, while accusing others of monopolistic business practices.

Steam has been getting PC exclusives for a decade. I wouldn't exactly call it personal. They are the bar.

chink tactics 101
complain lots

Steam is more like Amazon in that regard. Epic came way too late to the party to become synonymous with its market like Amazon is.

China got assblasted after pubg started banning chinks. They're trying to take down steam as revenge.

The difference is that, as far as anyone can tell, Steam hasn't been paying publishers not to do business with other stores.

If a game comes out in 2019 and is exclusive to Steam, it's usually because the publisher was too lazy to consider multiple stores, and just picked one store: the biggest one. That's a kind of exclusivity, and it's analogous to a publisher just deciding to put their game only on Epic because they only want to deal with one store and think Epic is the best choice. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the way Epic exclusivity is going down, or so I've heard. As I understand it, Epic is making deals with publishers in which Epic disallows doing business with other retailers simultaneously.

>their store is inferior to Steam
It's obvious you never used Steam in the first few years. It was unstable shit that wrecked your PC. Give Epic SOME time to catch up. Nigger.

Nobody is saying Epic shouldn't have time to "catch up" — but until they do catch up, their platform is objectively inferior in terms of user experience, and for that reason, people dislike the fact that games are being locked into that platform. This isn't rocket science.

Go to reddit if you want to circlejerk about how epic sucks

Why would it need to catch up when it has had years of studying not only steam but other stores to create their own one? Christ, it doesn't even have a shopping cart, a fucking shopping cart.

Go to China if you don't want people exercising free speech

here's some things to consider:

steam has had far more exclusives and probably only really stopped because epic is better at it.

The steam store had just as bad of a service when it first was released.

the steam store has never given me a paid game for free. The epic store has given me slime rancher, oxenfree, what remains of edith finch, super meat boy, and transistor. FREE. Plus fortnite which if you aren't trash at games is great. I love it fuck off if you disagree, I get it, but that doesn't negate how great the support is for that game compared to any shooter steam has ever put out.

steam comments and reviews are inaccurate and have always been trash. between brigades etc I only use metacritic for aggregate reviews and watch trusted youtubers like jimquisition who anyone can see isn't going to shill.

bloatware / spyware is everywhere and steam is as guilty of it as epic.

developers get a larger share of the profits, which is better for them. Those savings SHOULD be reflected in pricing, but isn't. so you have that one as a negative against epic.

Honestly I buy the games wherever they are cheapest, but I don't get the hate for epic. I have every game store launcher, because as a consumer that benefits me most. I use gog, steam, origin, etc. I just like to play games.

Attached: download (1).jpg (299x168, 12K)

They know the fortnite gravy train won't last forever so they're aggressively trying to monopolise PC gaming now

valve is just as much chinese dicksucker as epic, look up dota 2 kuku

>Christ, it doesn't even have a shopping cart, a fucking shopping cart
This can't be real.

they are going to use chinese money to blacklist developers and games from steam

they have an inferior product, an inferior service and inferior customer service

all they have is tencent cash

Who do I root for, inventor of fortnite cancer or lootbox cancer

>The steam store had just as bad of a service when it first was released.
And you don't think it's embarrassing for a launcher released in 2015 to be worse than 2004 steam?
>developers get a larger share of the profits, which is better for them.
>still believing this
>not realising it goes straight to lining the publisher's pockets
>not realising sweeney couldn't give a shit about devs with the 100 hour work weeks at epic

>steam has had far more exclusives and probably only really stopped because epic is better at it.
???
>The steam store had just as bad of a service when it first was released.
Yes, and people complained about it back then, just like they're complaining about Epic now — perhaps more so, because Steam entered the market before digital distribution was accepted by most consumers who still wanted to buy discs.

>What is their end game?
Becoming a monopoly.

Attached: Tim Sweeney.jpg (604x604, 40K)

>Epic Games killed Linux gaming
wtf I love Epic Games now.

Don't be so overdramatic. Epic's actions are an ant compared to Valve's efforts.
Begin to worry if they stop supporting Linux for the Unreal Engine.

There is no difference between this and Origin/Uplay

>developers get a larger share of the profits, which is better for them
You mean PUBLISHERS get a larger share of the profits, which they themselves admitted was unsustainable

Outing yourself as a nu-fag. LOL!
Gabe gave out Left4Dead2 to everyone once. But you probably haven't had a PC in pre-school then.

>it doesn’t even have a shopping cart
Don’t they still teach you how to program a shopping cart in an online webpage in like, Computer Science 101? I remember that being an exercise in my freshman year back in the day.

GOG is better than both anyway.

Stop pushing that shitty meme.
There are self-published games and not every publisher in Epic owns the IP.

you're literally a dumb faggot, STEAM HAS HAD EXCLUSIVES TO THEIR STOREFRONT FOREVER YOU IDIOT. IS THIS CLEAR ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND YOU AUTIST?

The launcher isn't feature rich, but those features are largely features I don't use. so, no, i don't really care. It legit does not bother me, especially since I know they will eventually have every feature steam does worth a shit.

secondly, I said that it's bad that the publishers get the money. WE should see the price difference reflected. I agree that's not good for gamers, at the moment.

Attached: tumblr_nv3otwkLhJ1qzo384o4_250.jpg (250x249, 12K)

All the big exclusives being shilled are owned by big publishers, the devs are unlikely to see any of that money

>the steam store has never given me a paid game for free.
That's because you're either a newfag or an unobservant idiot. You must be retarded if you actually think Steam has never done a free give-away.

I lost count of the number of free games I got from Steam, but here's a hint: it was more than zero.

this is literally bait, rite?

>Can buy that supposed "exclusive" for even cheaper from other stores than steam
>proceeds to screech in sheer terror when called out an idiot

Steam didn't pay to have those be exclusive you fucking tard, that's on the publishers

name the exclusives

there is no arguement for epic

wow, you are literally too dumb to realize that there are hundreds of games exclusive to steam and steam has paid for some of them to be there.
wow.
much retard.

I can smell your underage
>I don't care about a feature therefore it doesn't matter
Cloud saves, remote play, family sharing, controller mapping and the VR support are important to me so you can fuck off

the problem isnt just the launcher
its the fact that they buy exclusivity and dont care about the consumers

If you don't have a publisher then chances are you're small time and Epic doesn't want your game on your store.
Epic doesn't care about indies. They only want all of the big name games just so Steam can't have them.

Attached: 1553970400722.png (1195x570, 256K)

Name 5 that steam has paid to be exclusive to steam

>I don't care about a shopping cart

>you're literally a dumb faggot, STEAM HAS HAD EXCLUSIVES TO THEIR STOREFRONT FOREVER YOU IDIOT. IS THIS CLEAR ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND YOU AUTIST?
Wow, I made you that mad just with "???".

The reason for my "???" was mostly that the earlier post implied Steam stopped having exclusives:
>>steam has had far more exclusives and probably only really stopped because epic is better at it.
>probably only really stopped because epic
>stopped
There are still games which are exclusive to Steam. Nothing changed as a result of Epic entering the market with its crappy store and exclusivity pay-offs.

>I make up stuff at the getgo
;^) sure thing pal. Just get yourself a nametag so we can filter you out for your idiocy.

Why doesn’t amazon just open their own games store? They could kill steam overnight

Amazon does sell games.

"Muh competition" (Even though Steam has had competition for years from admittedly smaller game stores that still offered different and sometimes better services)

They already sell games

>thinks steam has never paid for a game to be on their store

WHEWWWWW .

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 68K)

amazon.com/b/?node=979455011

paying off the competition isnt competition

Epic doing it because they figure being the main storefront will give a good ROI for all the dosh there burning, and will also calm down the Chinese from crushing there balls

Tencent doing it since it give them a foot in the door outside of china and also please there Chinese spook backers in the commie party with all the consumer data they been stealing and general leverage with outside developer companies

Exactly my point.

Clearly you can't list any of you would have

if you mean games that are free to play, yes. But paid games? when, where, every two weeks? nope. never did , never will. have fun not getting free games for nothing though because you have brand loyalty to steam. that's real smart boyo.

>thinks steam has never paid for a game to be on their store
Fucking name them then you fucking retarded cockmongler!

>Implying if you wanted a free game so badly you would go onto a DRM storefront

Attached: ishygddt.jpg (600x600, 35K)

>all the games epic gives away are shit
>in exchange you give them all of your data through their spyware
I bet you think the games on PSN they give away are "free" too

Also, I leech every one of their free games while giving them nothing

Enjoy your free samples taking a massive nosedive over the next few months before being cut off entirely when Epic becomes dominant.

Good goy, fluff their active user numbers for the shareholder meetings.

The Outer Worlds still is owned by Obsidian.
Borderlands 3's situation is unclear.
Quantic Dream games are self-published.

Name one. What's that, you fucking can't?

At best, Valve fought to get games on PC period.

>steam has paid for some of them to be there.
So you're going to back that claim up with some evidence right? I honestly don't know if Valve ever made such business deals, so for all I know, you're right. But something tells me you're not going to be able to prove that claim you just made.

I get free games every day mate, and I don't even need a launcher for it

Attached: pirates.png (976x658, 272K)

dont worry, user, hes a chink shill

steam will never tell us that, you idiot. Why would they now that idiots like you who will suck their dick allover internet forums love them so much thinking they've never done it. they will never tell us now, because they are smart and love cucking you and having you defend them for free. I get games for free from epic at least, steam is just ripping ur arsehole up you shill.

What are the odds that epic games is harvesting your PC data through their launcher and sending it over to the chinks?

I created a Steam account just for Portal.
Bought two games and nothing else.
I use it mostly to redeem Steam keys.
I don't even play there.

>Epic doesn't care about indies
They shouldn't. 95% of it is hot steaming shit.

100% if you let them

I can't tell if you're a shill or just retarded, maybe a consolepleb

literally a logical argument. But you aren't defending steam, which are the faggots who I think are stupid. If you are a true pirate, why would you defend a fucking company at all. just nonesense.

Attached: 1546046709933.png (500x300, 42K)

>no proof at all
>you have to believe me!
Lmao. Just go back to plebbit you cockmuncher. There is no reason for you underage faggot to be here.

Attached: 1556569391328.png (1332x554, 160K)

The only possible explanation is that they're attempting to forcibly get a piece of the pie first and exploit the piece for maximum profit later. It doesn't make sense otherwise.

They seem to be pretty retarded though. Not only have they garnered widespread hate for their business practices and their behavior, but this forced exclusive tactic seems stupid to me. Epic is going to become that one store where you need to go for the forced exclusives, but that still doesn't give you a reason to shop for regular games there, since the store is still garbage. That means that the only games they can easily sell are their exclusives, but they need to pay to get the exclusives first, so I assume they aren't really making any money.

Definite underage, liking fortnite was a dead giveaway.

literally just a guy that plays loads of games on steam epic, ps4, switch ,every-fucking-where. You guys get too autistic with this shit. just play the games and relax, that's what this hobby is for guys, relaxing not flaming epic online every day. this is the first and last time i will comment on it outside of my youtube videos, because it is a waste of time.

I don't need to defend steam, but I thank Epic for making piracy great again. I use steam to catalogue all my pirated games though, it's great

stop replying to people speaking positive about epic on Yea Forums

Sadly most gamers are cucks.

Their goal is to force the water into their yard and wait for the donkeys to come drink it.

Anger doesn't last forever.

>saying there are self-published games = Epic Games loves indies
???

just go back to steam forums with the rest of the basement dwellers faggot.

companies pay other companies to sell their products every day. if you think they don't, you're clearly as underage as you fucking sound. at least developmentally, like most of the nintendo fags on here.

Games should be like, free, man

portal was given out for free in 2011
i realize thats 8 years ago but you're still wrong, nigger

They aren't making any money, they've already said it's unsustainable

Are you baiting? Games are given away for free on Steam all the time, though it's always the developer choosing to do so.

Sure thing kid. You are so convincing.

The biggest question is still why do digital games still cost as much as physical games?

Whether they are free or not matters not to me, I simply take what I want.

Attached: piracy.png (834x998, 146K)

Reminder that not only is Epic a necessary evil, but they're the lesser evil compared to Valve's downright vile acts of evil against PC gaming.

>if you mean games that are free to play, yes. But paid games?
Yes, commercial games have been given away for free on Steam. There have been many occasions when a game, which normally costs money, had its price reduced to zero, so that people can add the game to their accounts and keep it. Thanks for exposing your ignorance for the record.
>when, where,
I don't keep track of every indie game that's given away for free, but I remember KHOLAT being free a few months ago. It's not a great game, but it's the last example that I remember off the top of my head without doing any research. More notable examples are a couple of Valve's own games: Portal and Left 4 Dead 2 were temporarily free, a few years ago. That's not to say that there were no free games between Left 4 Dead 2 and KHOLAT. I just didn't write them all down because I didn't think I'd have to prove anything to some actual retard on Yea Forums who missed all the free give-aways and now refuses to believe they ever happened.
>every two weeks? nope.
Nobody said "every two weeks" you retard.
>never did , never will.
That's because Steam isn't desperate to build their user base. Games are free on Steam when developers and publishers choose to make them free.
>have fun not getting free games for nothing though
You've already been proven wrong on that so have a nice day.

me too you idiot. I have never bought any of their games, yet, I will be buying outer worlds.

thats the irony. I don't even give them money and you all are so mad about me defending getting free shit, like why should I defend this? fucking idiots.

Like pretty much any tech companies they know that you don't need to have a feasable product, you just need to launch something and generate enough "engagement" so that your investors are happy...I don't think that they even have a long term plan for this thing

Attached: 1494717977693.png (1228x950, 2.64M)

>can't name a single fucking one
Pathetic.

really makes ya think.

Attached: 61987-0-1465692953.png (283x377, 65K)

Game budget has risen up (unlike gamers). Digital at this point basically subsidies physical.

In terms of free games, I saw Borderlands 1 and 2 there once.

The reason Steam is so good and why 30% is a benefit for customers is that with that rev share it allows them to a) give customers lots of regular sales (12% of $8 won't be cutting it) b) it allows them to spend more money improving the store and c) allows Valve to support niche stuff like linux, region pricing for ruskies etc

Steam is also built with the mindset of the customer first, Epic is built on the mindset of the publisher first.

If customers move to Epic, the future for pc gaming will not be bright.

Attached: pubgd.jpg (906x785, 208K)

steam doesn't do that. they stopped doing cool shit like this a long time ago when they stopped doing all the other cool shit like flash sales. you fucking boomers are just too OLD and SLEEP to realize it.

FUcking UBISOFT gave away ass creed recently what has steam done? nothing. I am glad to see I triggered you steam shills though. lots of salt in these mines today boyos.

Free games only exist to bait new consumers.

Retailers would throw a fit if they didn't.

FINISH UNREAL TOURNAMENT 4 YOU CHINK FUCKS

Attached: Bugs.jpg (500x552, 83K)

Why are literally all games publishers the scum of the earth these days? There are no honest companies left. You would think someone would try a pro-consumer business model

>region pricing for ruskies
How so? GOG used to had a program for Yuropeans that were screwed, but had to die thanks to Epic.

Do you really need to ask?

Because you'll pay $60.

Epic can still make game and created Unreal Engine. Valve made Half Life 2 and blackmailed everyone to use their shitty store. Gaben is cancer of gaming. Steam will eventualy lose. They can't produce anything. They can't do anything in general. And i hope it will be soon. Too late for Half Life 3. Nothing can save them.

Heil Epic. Heil Epic Store. Gas Steam.

Game companies found all sorts of ways to quadruple their income on a year by year basis and share holders demand more money every year so they have to get scummier and scummier, I do hope there's a breaking point.

>blackmailed everyone to use their shitty store.
I hate Steam with all my heart, but you're a retard.

>Can still make game
Which they killed off to chase Fortnite money

No Half-Life for us = No Life for Valve.
I hope Valve dies like a bitch.

Lemme just pretend you ain't trolling and say, Team Fortress 3. Steam wins.

Steam doesn't pay for exclusives. people put there games on there by choice.
only exclusives steam has is dota rest of valve games are in orange box which you can buy for console.

If they could really make games, they would have produced original content for the store. Hell, even fucking Humble Bundle knows this.

>tfw people still play Xbox 360 TF2
Sometimes it has hackers but most of the time it is vanilla tf2 running a bit worse than actual vanilla tf2

Attached: Cheeki Breeki.jpg (637x358, 39K)

It's actually one of the few ways left to play vanilla TF2.

There was a free game in the past 24 hours you idiot.

gamespot.com/articles/steam-giveaway-this-pc-game-is-free-to-claim-for-a/1100-6466681/

Also, others I remember:

cnet.com/news/portal-is-free-portal-is-free-for-pc-and-mac/
theverge.com/2013/12/26/5244524/left-4-dead-2-free-on-steam-for-christmas-2013
pcgamer.com/amnesia-the-dark-descent-and-a-machine-for-pigs-are-free-on-steam/
pcinvasion.com/jotun-valhalla-edition-free-steam-gog-monday/
pcgamer.com/kholat-the-sean-bean-narrated-game-about-dead-russian-hikers-is-free-on-steam/

Step 1 of their master plan: destroy all arguments against piracy.

Attached: gigachad pirate.png (1673x2160, 1.26M)

This, it’s 80’s Nintendo levels of scummy

See A free give-away ended earlier today. It was for an indie game, but you're still wrong.

>steam doesn't do that
this absolute denial of reality

imagine being a retard

>blackmailed everyone to use their shitty store
Source?

Proof?

I'm pretty sure two of the tropico games was given away for free ones. Sniper Elite V2 as well I think.

Become an hero.

epic gives away well known well regarded games, every two weeks. every two weeks no stops. subnautica and world of goo weren't mentioned in my original post but they have been given out too, and these are ALL FROM THE PAST YEAR SINCE DECEMBER. so in 6 months, epic has given away as many as you guys have found steam to in the past 6 YEARS.

I am just saying, that is a fucking dank feature. I buy games and play them all the time. But I would be lying if i said I didn't play over 30 hours of games I got free from epic, and they were all great games.

steam doesn't do that. there isn't really any comparing them.

remember, free games, EVERY TWO WEEKS. every two weeks. I have bought zero games from epic, have nearly 10 in my library now.

there is no reason to hate epic. that's all im saying.

>Proof?
Numerous examples have been posted already. Scroll up.

I feel it's worth mentioning as well that a lot of the 3rd party stores can do giveaways because valve enables them. They take nothing from key activations so the stores can do whatever they want with them, Epic on the other hand tightly control them.

Damn, I can hear social credit score rising just by looking at some of these insectoid posts.

>there is no reason to hate epic.
Cockblocks releases.
Harvest Steam data.
No Linux support.
DRM (applies to Steam too).

No one cares about their game store because it's garbage. You go to Amazon to buy everything but games

fuck. next free game is stories untold, and I already bought it. that's money epic would have saved me. This is officially my gaming hill to die on.

>What would they hope to accomplish?
To grow their installed base and eventually compete directly with Valve, as opposed to what EA and Ubisoft et al did - that is, those companies only wanted to cease giving Gabe Newel 30% of their profits and could care less about being a direct competitor.

So, to that end, Epic is following directly in Valve's footsteps by acquiring independent dev studios and acquiring IP that they will then bring to their store as an exclusive property. Just as Valve did with Counter-Strike, Team Fortress, Portal, Dota2 and the Firewatch devs.

This will take time though, as Steam has a claimed 150 million user installed base, a billion dollar+ gambling scene that is integrated directly into the client, and rabid fans who interpret any attempt to compete with Valve (even those competitors who use Valve's own methods against them, as mentioned above) as a violation of their Gamer Rights.

tl;dr, they want to compete directly with Valve in the digital distribution space rather than simply avoid the Valve tax, and they plan on leveraging the same tactics to grow the Epic store as Valve did and still does.

I don't think they're acquiring devs apart from the Rocket League guys, most of the exclusive money are one-offs

lmao @ u

Why can I buy Firewatch on GOG if Valve owns it and at the same time employs "the same" tactics as Epic? Why hasn't Valve made Firewatch Steam-exclusive if they're the same as Epic?

Come back to us in a year when they've got enough of you morons to cut you off, or try to pawn you off with trash tier games.

>What is their end game?
From what standpoint? From what will or can actually happen in reality? Or from what they believe will or want to happen?
The former: nothing. They waste

Hey, World of Goo is great.

>epic gives away well known well regarded games, every two weeks. every two weeks no stops. subnautica and world of goo weren't mentioned in my original post but they have been given out too, and these are ALL FROM THE PAST YEAR SINCE DECEMBER. so in 6 months, epic has given away as many as you guys have found steam to in the past 6 YEARS.
>I am just saying, that is a fucking dank feature.
Yes, free games every two weeks is nice. I've grabbed all those free games. I now have this many games on Epic without ever having given Epic any money. Epic is making these games free, and presumably reimbursing the developers/publishers, in order to get users on their platform. Steam doesn't need to persuade users to come to their platform, so games are free on Steam only when the developers and publishers want to make them free, which is usually done in an effort to promote the developer or publisher's next game. This doesn't happen every two weeks, but it does happen. Several games on my Steam account are proof of it.

>steam doesn't do that.
Literally nobody in this thread said that Steam has a free game every two weeks. People were disputing the completely untrue claim that Steam NEVER has free games.

>remember, free games, EVERY TWO WEEKS. every two weeks. I have bought zero games from epic, have nearly 10 in my library now.
Yes, I understand that you're infatuated with Epic's promotional give-away spree, but you need to realize that the post to which you're replying is itself a reply to a claim which was provably false. Thus,
>steam doesn't do that. there isn't really any comparing them.
it doesn't matter whether they're comparable. The original claim wasn't that Epic has free games more often; it was that Steam never has free games. And that claim was false, hence all of the examples of free games being posted in response.

>there is no reason to hate epic. that's all im saying.
And if that's all you're saying, then you're changing the subject.

Attached: epic_payment_history.png (845x419, 32K)

I know you're just memeing, but Stories Untold isn't that good.

>Give Epic SOME time to catch up
???? They've had like 15 years to catch up. This isn't 2003 anymore faggot, you don't get to compare your 2018 launch or whatever to a 2003 launch, you are compared to other platforms in their 2018 iterations as you should be, dumb cunt

This is the most retarded, faggoty, niggery and bait post in the thread. Hope you're getting paid well you dense cunt

Except they don’t do elusive like epic you fucking nigger

I unironically like games like zork. I get that stories untold isn't great but me and my girlfriend played it together, decent for sci-fi horror. I really liked the first story at least think it worked amazing in that medium.

Be an embarrassment

This is a good point. I've gotten as many free Steam keys from Humble Bundle as from Steam itself.

All in all, despite having claimed all of the free games Epic has offered this year, the number of games in my Steam account which I got for free is still greater.

Huh

they hate Linux now too.

>only benefits from company
>but china

is bad.

Most of them are already trash tier games

Text adventures are neat. I was hoping there would be more of it in the game. Unfortunately, after the first episode, it was just easy "puzzles" which consisted of doing what the directions tell you to do. The game tried to be story-driven but most of the game was incoherent nonsense whose incoherence was justified with the "it was all a dream" cop-out; meanwhile, the real underlying story revealed at the end was bad. Sorry to shit on a game you like, but it disappointed me.

I don't know. Maybe I really just hate the last episode. Before that, the game was really good at building atmosphere. It just never explained what anything meant and then at the end revealed it meant nothing. In this way it reminded me of The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, another game which I enjoyed until the big reveal retroactively made everything that preceded it less interesting.

amazongames.com/
Welcome your new overlord Bezon

Attached: GodEmporerBezos.jpg (1560x2019, 1.39M)

I don't know what you're trying to say or how it relates to my post.

>create a future where everyone is a gamer
sounds terrifying

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-07 Valve gives VR developers funds too, but with no strings attached - KitGuru.pn (714x1120, 589K)

>They can't produce anything. They can't do anything in general.
This will truly be the downfall of Valve. They simply cannot produce compelling content, owing to their antiquated engine, scattershot planning, and total lack of any narrative or general creative designers on staff. They certainly won't fail overnight, due to their entrenched presence in the loot box gambling scene and in the minds of their fanbase, but slowly and surely, their complete disconnect from reality will bite them. The failure of all their latest projects (Artifact, SteamOS, Steam Machines, Steam Controller, SteamVR and on and on) are indicative of that.

Any other company would be bankrupt after so many continuous debacles. But Valve's near-monopoly status gives them leeway. This isn't something that can be maintained though, and the publishers fleeing their store over high fees, discovery problems, review bombing consumers, guaranteed revenue on Epic store, and a general apathy on Valve's part to address those concerns, should set off alarm bells.

Valve cannot produce any viable products, and their partners don't want to work with them anymore. I suspect that in less than 10 years, Steam will be entirely relegated to porn games and early access cash grabs, with all other content having long fled.

why isnt it sustainable? what does steam do to deserve 30% cut?

no worries mang, like i said I really enjoyed the first episode the other two were a bit disappointing as you say.

Imagine if the world started to rise up... at the same time.

to become a monopoly

>pay for exclusives
>kill all other alternative PC distribution, by killing Linux support.
>chain gamers to windows for perpetuity
>slow push all gamers to epic by exclusives. Kill off all alternatives. while calling themselves the good guys. Us marketing to make it happen.

Hosting all of the infrastructure required to sell their products and forums and other shit. Even Epic's piss poor store is running at a loss from the 12% cut

>if you mean games that are free to play, yes. But paid games? when, where
I hate how stupid you are.

Part of it is taking the hit for regional pricing and key activations. It's estimated that they only take in roughly 20% after all that is considered.

arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/04/why-valve-actually-gets-less-than-30-percent-of-steam-game-sales/

As for the rest, a lot of people mentioned the infrastructue and features and I don't think it's entirely unreasonable to say that justifies the 8% difference to Epic. It also gets lower again when you consider the reduction you get again when you surpass a certain amount of sales.

It doesn't has Mac support too?

They barely support it now, you have to build it yourself if you want to use UE4 on a Linux machine

Don't worry. Goverment already doing that without any launcher.

Do you know you can also can get free money if you put knife on neck of random pedestrian?

Why would I go to the effort of that when I can get free money from my euroshit government from the comfort of my own home

What you describe would be a nightmare scenario because putting PC gaming into the hands of a small publicly traded / chinese owned corporation would be a disaster for the open PC gaming platform. More so than two decades of control by a console company.

Say what you will about Valve, but they've done more than any company for preserving the playability of not just their own games, but everyone else's as well. Epic's meanwhile has no interest in the long-term preservation of the PC gaming library. Their subservience to publishers and pursuit of the lowest price for their service they can get away with will forever result in them pushing the new over maintaining the old.
Epic would never take it on themselves to maintain SDL, or partner with Codeweavers, or hire people to work on their hobby compatibility projects full-time.

>the steam store has never given me a paid game for free.
>if you mean games that are free to play, yes. But paid games?
>steam doesn't do that.
>Proof?

I've never seen someone try so hard to deny something when the simplest Google search could prove that it's true. Based retard.

Dude you're retarded. Valve singlehandedly hold two of the most successful eSport IPs, and there's nothing inherently wrong with SteamVR, and their headsets are touted as some of the best available in the ecosystem. Ostensibly that is why they've released several iterations, with the newest speculated to be bar none the best. And they do have a product, Steam, and all of its combined APIs and experience in the international market. They were also fairly successful in producing Proton which is under continued development by Valve and the community, this offers an opt-out for Windows if Microsoft ever comes crashing down.

Moreover developing games is peanuts compared to the revenue generation Steam is capable of. Valve is more of a thinktank than anything these days, feeling out new rifts and vacuums in the market seeking something truly interesting. People are naturally sad that what may be the last bastion of middle-sized development studios able to publish independently and make a real game for our audience.

Finally, Valve has nowhere near a monopoly and never has, that narrative has got to stop, it's wholly absurd. For one when they started they were in competition with retail, which at the time had a stranglehold because throughput was pathetic, downloading a 4gb game took an afternoon for a lot of people. They were also up against countless other droves of web-based shit, the unremarkable ones that delivered gaming news, demos, patches, mods, and so on; those got outright destroyed because they couldn't monetize. This was in the midst of what may have been the height of piracy, as well, and Valve had to compete with literally free games delivered at breakneck speeds. Finally publisher spinoffs like uPlay, Origin, Battle.net, and a couple others, as well as GoG, and key distribution sites, and retail, still. You also really can't factor out consoles, but for your sake I will.

Attached: 1511347084887.jpg (900x1125, 164K)

theguardian.com/technology/2016/mar/04/microsoft-monopolise-pc-games-development-epic-games-gears-of-war

>Microsoft has built a closed platform-within-a-platform […] as the first apparent step towards locking down the consumer PC ecosystem and monopolising app distribution and commerce.

>In my view, this is the most aggressive move Microsoft has ever made.

>Microsoft is moving against the entire PC industry – including consumers (and gamers in particular), software developers such as Epic Games, publishers like EA and Activision, and distributors like Valve and Good Old Games.

>Microsoft has launched new PC Windows features exclusively in UWP, and is effectively telling developers you can use these Windows features only if you submit to the control of our locked-down UWP ecosystem. They’re curtailing users’ freedom to install full-featured PC software, and subverting the rights of developers and publishers to maintain a direct relationship with their customers.

[some detail on why forcing people to buy only through you is bad]

>In my view, if Microsoft does not commit to opening PC UWP up in the manner described here, then PC UWP can, should, must and will, die as a result of industry backlash. Gamers, developers, publishers simply cannot trust the PC UWP “platform”

>We wouldn’t let Microsoft close down the PC platform overnight without a fight, and therefore we won’t sit silently by while Microsoft embarks on a series of sneaky manoeuvres aimed at achieving this over a period of several years.

>Their actions speak plainly enough: they are working to turn today’s open PC ecosystem into a closed, Microsoft-controlled distribution and commerce monopoly

Attached: 416x416.jpg (624x624, 198K)

>Game companies found all sorts of ways to quadruple their income on a year by year basis and share holders demand more money every year.
No. See, they didn't "find" a way to do that. Gamers GAVE them that roadmap.

Over a decade ago, we laughed at the idea of cosmetic DLC. Horse armor anyone? It was a literal meme. But at some point, gamers declared that cosmetic DLC was the only acceptable form of micro-transaction. Valve swooped in with loot boxes and the rest was history. Gamers said to publishers, "If you're going to piecemeal monetize gaming, we will only accept cosmetics. Preferably in loot boxes" and the entire industry abides.

And so here we are. You only have yourselves to blame. If I could turn back the clock, I would change history so that EA were the ones to introduce loot boxes and cosmetics, so that gamers would have denounced them from the get-go and this would have never gotten off the ground. But that didn't happen and instead, it was Good Guy Valve who did it, and their customers quite literally deified them for it. You guys made Gabe Newel a Loot Box and GaaS God who was infallible, and to the surprise of no one, every other publisher on the planet imitated him.

It doesn't, and honestly MacOS is a terrible option as the alternative to Windows for PC gaming. It has the slowest drivers, it lacks support for modern standards, and their management is totally disinterested in the PC form these days.

GNU/Linux is the only option for PC gaming as we know it to survive beyond 2020. Which is why Epic and Tencent must be stopped, or forced to support Linux at least as much as Valve have. Currently they won't even release their flagship game on Linux despite every indication being that all the pieces are there for them to simply recompile and release it.

This was all written by Sweeney himself in 2016. Funny how quickly you'll do a 180 and become the evil you were so driven to kill when you get bought out by the Chinese.

Tencent's strategy seems to be to use the Epic store as a sacrifice to demonstrate to the Chinese leadership that Microsoft must be forced to give them continued favorable access to the Windows platform.

>Moreover developing games is peanuts compared to the revenue generation Steam is capable of.

I honestly don't understand why people get so butthurt about Valve not developing lots of new games anymore. I mean, I get it, they liked Half-Life, and Valve is shitty for not even bothering to finish the episodes trilogy they promised, but Half-Life 2 wasn't the best game ever made. There are better shooters; the only reason to want another Half-Life is to continue the story, which was never that great. Prior to the episodic expansions, Half-Life 2 ended the same way as the original Half-Life: the fucking G-Man appears and announces that the game is over, because the developers ran out of content. What I'm trying to say is that Valve was never that great at writing Half-Life endings, so when it comes to the resolution of that Episode Two cliffhanger, we're probably not missing much.

In any case, Valve's choice not to release its own games anymore doesn't make it a failure. Measuring the success of Valve by the number of games it releases is like measuring the success of Netflix by the number of DVDs it mails to households. They don't do that anymore, but they do other stuff. Sometimes companies change their business models. Valve currently runs the biggest PC game store on the internet which is probably giving them enough revenue.

And that goes without mentioning that in this day and age a developer could singlehandedly syndicate their products. Steam is a fucking Chrome based browser, the Steam store is a webpage. Anyone can make either of those things. Charge systems exist, kickstarters and indiegogo exists, AWS exists. Valve is now in competition with anyone competent enough to at least hire out some dirty webdev and buy a server from GoDaddy. PR is a fucking cakewalk, there are millions of users between Reddit and Yea Forums alone, exposure is a total non-issue. Guerilla marketing has been pretty successful, and if you lived through the early 00's you know about viral campaigns. Like fuck look at PUBG, that shit BLEW UP overnight, not because of Steam, but because of Twitch (an Amazon company, )

So they're not a fucking monopoly, developers and (most) publishers are just too fucking lazy to do it themselves.

Epic gives free games so frequently as a temporary strategy to gain marketshare. They are losing a shit ton of money on exclusivity and that. That shit will not continue at some point and isn't something to laud over Steam who've never stopped.

Attached: Untitled_1.png (618x473, 48K)

As of just yesterday:

>Tim Sweeney: Epic Games Now Loves Microsoft and Is Thrilled About Everything They Are Doing
>chances are you’ll recall [...] Tim Sweeney and his crusade against Microsoft. At the time, he repeatedly urged to ‘fight’ against the Universal Windows Platform (UWP) ecosystem and its Microsoft (then Windows) Store. He even believed Windows 10 itself would be force-patched to make Steam, the main competitor at the time, ‘progressively worse’.
>it seems like there’s been a complete U-turn on the matter. In an interview published a few days ago by GamesBeat, the founder of Epic had nothing but praise for the Windows and Xbox company.

>>Epic is thrilled with everything Microsoft is doing and we feel that we couldn’t be happier with the directions they’ve taken on all their platforms.
>>Epic loves Microsoft. Epic hearts Microsoft.

Attached: Epic-Game-Microsoft-740x417.jpg (740x417, 20K)

Attached: Screenshot_20190501-212553_Firefox.jpg (1080x825, 306K)

For how many decades have people been warning about the PC platform coming under total control by X evil company? It's a constant warning of apocalypse with you people and it borders on a cult. Literally all the predictions you make are formed from scare mongering on Internet message boards, and when those prophetic predictions fail to materialize, you claim it as evidence of just how right you were all along. Like I said, a cult.

Look, you have this unending parade of dudes with huge beards who say "open" a lot, warning us of the dire future to come and it's completely not based in reality. The PC, whether as a computing platform or a gaming one, is not under threat and Valve corp is not the last line of defense. Don't be ridiculous.

I'll ignore the total cognitive disconnect of your claims that putting PC gaming in the hands of a multi-billion dollar corporation, headed and wholly owned by one of the wealthiest men in America is a positive. Because Valve good. Or something.

There's no date, was it the card game. Also obligatory,

>theverge

counterstrike was given free, l4d2 was given free cortex command was given free.

That was Polygon, also thats not talking about Shartifact but other games after that.

>putting PC gaming in the hands of a multi-billion dollar corporation, headed and wholly owned by one of the wealthiest men in America is a positive. Because Valve good. Or something.
I don't know about Valve, but America good and China bad, unironically.

>In any case, Valve's choice not to release its own games anymore doesn't make it a failure. Measuring the success of Valve by the number of games it releases is like measuring the success of Netflix by the number of DVDs it mails
I'm judging Valve as being in decline based on the totality of all their failed projects - both hardware and software - and the publishers who have been and continue to flee their platform.

Their failure to release a Half-Life game is only part of the problem, not the entirety of it.

>PC platform coming under total control by X evil company
But user, Microsoft had a basically complete monopoly until about 2013. That was the year Steam for Linux launched, and was also around the time that mobile browsers based on open-standards started to finally outnumber internet explorer even in the most pessimistic numbers.
People predicted doom and time and again they were right. When Microsoft exerted their monopoly power against Netscape it set back the web by 20+ years. When they killed Long's Peak it set back PC gaming by at least a decade. When people said Microsoft would hold back the PC to benefit their consoles they were absolutely right as we see now with the direction they've taken with 10.

Time and again the worst was only averted because people were aware of the issues and worked on solutions. Be in denial all you want, there is no savior that will miraculously appear in 2020 unless we work at building it today, and that can only happen if people are informed.

Like it or not economically for Valve it's made no sense for them to invest a bunch of money into a single player game for Windows, and they still haven't seen the number of users on Linux to justify production either.

"America" does not exert influence over the PC as a gaming platform. Gabe Newel does.

You guys are putting unquestioning, unyielding faith into a disconnected billionaire whose indicated goals are to create more GaaS (The fist time I ever heard that phrase it was from the mouth of the Valve CEO coincidentally), more loot boxes, more gambling and more F2P micro-economies disguised as games. And you have this cult-like devotion to him because once every three years or so, he descends from his swanky office in Bellvue, mentions something about Linux, or VR or "open" platforms and gamers clap like seals.

Valve are masters of making PC gamers play themselves for fools.

I was just memeing about China being a shithole, because it is one.

That's how it's going to work regardless. The US is rife with oligopoly. What I don't see is any evidence currently that Valve has been hypocritical or acted in a detrimental way to the gaming community or anyone else in fact.

>failures
You're really on about that one, Steam controllers are held pretty highly among the people that like them, they're extraordinarily versatile thanks to their built to purpose design and software integration, something that the DS4 requires 3rd party open source software to handle, I can't speak for the Xbox controllers. They also still sell them, so apparently they're moving them still.

Sony ventured into the same territory as the Steam Machines/Steam OS and failed. I would've rode in on that train too with Roku and Fire Sticks being as prevalent as they are. I'm sure there's a handful of people that use them to this day, but yes, that may have been the sole argument you actually have.

To Artifact, yeah, big whiff, it happens. How many games has Valve developed though? Actually dozens, most of which have been successful so it's to be expected they'd miss the mark at some point. Look at all the other failures in the industry as a whole. BFV had awful sales, the Division 2 is dead, Destiny 2 has catastrophically failed numerous times. Actiblizz shut down their eSports component, and got shit on relentlessly by fans for their Phone Diablo. Overwatch is lauded as the worst team shooter around, a literal laughingstock. Do I need to go on?

Fuck I think they gave out all the Quake engine games too, so TFC, HL, Ricochet, Blue Shift, Opposing Force. And with Orange box there was so many fucking games, so many games.

Tim Sweeney is fully aware that Fortnite was a fluke based on literal theft of PUBG and was a complete failure prior to that thievery.

So rather than bank on future wave riding/theft, Tim Sweeney and his Chinese government investors decided to try and find a more stable, long term revenue stream.

If you have Epic installed on your PC, you're a chink shill and you have spyware installed.

He doesn't simply "mention" something about Linux. Check Valve's public repositories sometime and look at who they employ.
Valve's reputation among Windows users that Valve employees sit on their asses every day doing nothing is the complete opposite of the truth.

They do nothing for you, they do everything for the enlightened 1%.

Nice pasta.

Attached: bc3.png (636x773, 8K)

They just finance Linux gaming because of UWP.

Maybe, but if Microsoft completes their agenda of an entirely UWP world locked to their app store, then PC gaming as we know it is over and the consoles have won.

Oh. Thanks for the info.
I don't give a single fuck about Linux, tho.

>What I don't see is any evidence currently that Valve has been hypocritical
Are you kidding me right now? I could talk about Valve's behavior in the past, but I only need to look at their most recent software product, Artifact.

This was the quintessential "walled-garden". A game that is exclusively sold on Steam, that relies entirely on the Steam Market to function. You literally could not play the game at all without engaging in micro-transactions, which of course Valve then double-dipped into. Trading was intentionally disabled so players could not skirt the Steam Market. That failure of a GaaS stood in stark contrast to EVERYTHING Valve has said about consumer choice, fair competition and "open" platforms

Valve are total hypocrites without question.

>In an in-depth article, Thurrott explains that “I think it may be game over for Microsoft’s Universal Windows Platform apps platform,” and how the failure of UWPs could spell trouble for the Microsoft Store.
techradar.com/news/could-the-death-of-uwp-apps-spell-the-end-for-the-microsoft-store

They hired the principal developer of DVXK, but otherwise I don't think they're financing it unless they're paying third party contractors.

>They do nothing for you, they do everything for the enlightened 1%
0.8% actually.

You couldn't play Half Life 2 without Steam. That was only reason why people instaled Steam back then.

Actually when you take away all the Chinese bot accounts Linux is pretty stable at 1.8%

This. You have no excuse when your competition has done all the leg work for you.

>What is their end game?
To completely and utterly BTFO Apogee Software

Attached: apogee.jpg (480x360, 12K)

In addition to the principal developer of DXVK, they also employ the principle dev of SDL, numerous developers of the Mesa project (mainly to work on RadV), and they contract with CodeWeavers the primary corporate backers of Wine. I think they also pump money into the Debian project among others.

>piracy didn't exist when half life 2 released

There might be a good reason for that, there's a notorious patent troll that sues every company that implements a shopping cart.
Given that the Epic Store is a money making scam aimed at costing Tencent as little as possible it wouldn't be good for them to run afoul of other people's money making schemes.

Okay, there's one piece of fragmented evidence that is congruent with past behavior and not a net negative for the gaming community as a whole. I mean CSGO is Steam exclusive. DotA2 is Steam exclusive and heavily reliant on MTX.

What I don't see is behavior kin to , I don't see Newell backtracking on anything other than development processes on new games, and they've always been bad at that (Valve time). I don't see him making two faced plays renouncing Steam for strongarming developers (somehow) while strong-arming Steam and the community at large by bribing exclusivity out of publishers.

Give me something tangible and you might actually win a point.

They keep throwing money at a stagnant market.
>However, the percentage of PC players that actually use Linux has remained roughly the same since 2013, and it's a tiny fraction of the gaming market -- just about 2 percent. Linux is no closer to claiming the gaming world's crown than it was six years ago, when Newell predicted the open-source, user-generated-content revolution.
engadget.com/2019/02/19/linux-gaming-steam-valve-epic-games-store/
It makes more sense to do Mac ports.

How is that anywhere near legal enough that it goes to court in the first place? Shopping cart is pretty unanimous with online retail.

MS's largest competitor, Apple, distributes the iTunes Store as UWP through the Windows Store with MS's blessing. Would Valve allow EA to put up a Steam store page for the Origin installer?

Literally all the evidence points to MS not doing any of the evil things Gabe Newel prophesied and again, there is literally no evidence at all that MS would do or is doing the things Gabe Newel predicted. All his warnings were the product of consuming paranoia, with absolutely no basis in reality, and it's mind-boggling that I still have to say that.

Microsoft would go bankrupt overnight if they suddenly blocked all apps that are not UWP or otherwise purchased from their store. How any one could believe otherwise is unfathomable.

Wine runs on MacOS, MacOS runs on a *unix kernel. Proton is usable on MacOS. Valve has even ported some games to MacOS if I'm not mistaken. I believe TF2 was ported like a decade ago.

B-but Microsoft = BAD.

I was asked for a current example of Valve's hypocritical behavior and gave one that is not in dispute. Artifact is without question the shining example of Valve's current hypocritical behavior.

Literal npc and does it for free

>It makes more sense to do Mac ports.
Valve has managed to get Mac ports essentially for free by taking their nice clean standard Vulkan implementation for Linux, and then using a low-level compatibility wrapper (kind of the same idea as DXVK) to run Vulkan on top of Apple's non-standard Metal API instead of maintaining an entire separate Metal backend.
This is the big benefit of standards like Vulkan, it allows much easier construction of cross-platform solutions.

>They keep throwing money at a stagnant market.
Actually Linux users on Steam are growing every month, they're just growing at the same rate as users of other platforms (at least outside of China).

>theguardian.com/technology/2016/mar/04/microsoft-monopolise-pc-games-development-epic-games-gears-of-war
When someone goes against what they have said in the past, that's how you know there's something massively shady going on.
He's nothing more than a greedy CEO chinese sockpuppet.

The big difference is that UWP now is pretty much dead.

>Would Valve allow EA to put up a Steam store page for the Origin installer?
They actually said they would do exactly that on SteamOS. There's not much point on Windows, and no other store operator has invested in Linux.

>there is literally no evidence at all that MS would do or is doing the things Gabe Newel predicted
The Windows 7 End of Life date has not changed, and continues to grow closer.
Microsoft produced not only a version of Windows incapable of running Steam, they added that capability into Windows itself.
They've also attempted to push their store with Xbox compatibility, effectively reducing the PC to a console.

Everything Gaben revealed to the world after the 2012 meeting with Microsoft has come to pass so far except for their actually throwing the switch to lock Windows users to their Store, and from the start Gaben said that wouldn't happen until after 2020.

>What I don't see is behavior kin to
You're asking for an example of the Valve CEO completely overreacting to the polices of Microsoft, and then summarily abandoning his efforts to thwart those policies, quietly sweeping his efforts under the rug and never speaking of them again, just as Tim Sweeny did?

WTF is this a troll post? Hello? Steam Machines? Steam OS?

You don't know Microsoft then. If a product failed, what do you do? Re-think your entry into that market? Build a legitimately better solution?

No. You force it harder. Embrace, Extend, Extinguish.

You gonna refute or not, there's a lot of points up in the air you won't argue and your claims are nebulous at best.

>summarily abandoning his efforts to thwart those policies
Which of Valve's efforts did they abandon?
SteamOS development never ended, Windows media just stopped paying attention when it didn't kill Valve.
Proton is new and confirmed the major rumor about SteamOS 3.
Every indication is they're still full steam ahead on Linux.

The only thing they did was discontinue the pre-Vulkan first-gen Steam Machines.

Yeah, like they did with Edge.

No I'm talking about backtracking and going back to lick at the loins of your captor for what will inevitably be some sort of boon to Epic.

Every single fucking time the trannies are getting btfo the moderators delete the thread.

Every fucking time, I swear to fucking god ever god damn time.

Attached: 1411372853058.jpg (1000x1013, 129K)

Yes if you paid attention its exactly what they're doing with Edge.

Embrace (Replace old Trident with Chromium)
Extend (add proprietary versions of standard features, then pay companies to support their version)
Extinguish (sites now depend on proprietary features only available in Edge)

So they said they would put a store page for the Origin installer on SteamOS, for which Origin does not run? What?

Answer the question though, without falling back to this "well, there's not much point" cop out. If EA approached Valve today, and asked to make a store page for the Origin installer on Steam for Windows, just as Apple has on the Windows Store, what would Valve say?

Also, the language you use to talk about Gabe Newel sounds like some Heaven's Gate shit. "Revealed to the world", "come to pass" "It will happen after 2020". No, no and no.

And then MS killed edge in favor of a chromium build.

>Embrace, Extend, Extinguish.
Can't believe it took this long for someone to trot this out.

Tanking PCs reputation as a gaming platform so that mobileshit can reign supreme

>less than 5% of market share
Yeah, keep thinking Microsoft is the devil.
netmarketshare.com/browser-market-share.aspx?options={"filter":{"$and":[{"deviceType":{"$in":["Desktop/laptop"]}}]},"dateLabel":"Trend","attributes":"share","group":"browser","sort":{"share":-1},"id":"browsersDesktop","dateInterval":"Monthly","dateStart":"2018-05","dateEnd":"2019-04","segments":"-1000"}

This is a nonsensical hyperbole that deserves no serious response whatsoever. "Lick at the loins of your captor"? Did you want to have an adult discussion or not?

>So they said they would put a store page for the Origin installer on SteamOS, for which Origin does not run? What?
Why would they need to offer it on any other platform? EA are just as capable of releasing support for other platforms without Valve's assistance. SteamOS is the only open platform Valve maintains.

> what would Valve say?
You seem to fundamentally misunderstand the difference between Microsoft allowing a third-party media player, and Valve adding support for an entire other companies store infrastructure within their own.

I have to imagine Valve would tell them to fuck off unless they were willing to support all the platforms Steam supports. There is zero reason for Valve to do that kind of work for a closed legacy platform.

>Denying the divinity of Gaben.
That will be on your head when the End of Life comes and rains destruction on the users of the closed platforms.

I don't understand what I'm supposed to refute?

For the third time, I was asked for an example of Valve's current hypocrisy, and gave Artifact as an example. Artifact is a walled-garden that runs counter to Valve's stance on "open" platforms, consumer choice, and fair competition. This cannot be argued.

Remember the publishers and devs who were greedy enough to sell out to the Chinese for themselves. Remember their names.

The battle to get them down to that tiny amount of market share was long and brutally painful. Honestly Microsoft deserves to have their whole browser division shut down and billions paid in reparations. As it is I'll never get anything for the shit I endured because of Internet Explorer and its "Edge" re-brand.

>They could kill steam overnight

They won't because they have the same problem as EPIC™. They have a shitty interface compared to Steam. Even their Video sections are a clusterfuck and sorting by categories barely works. Epic's own storefront barely works and is constantly being hacked. Shopping cart took months to get there.

You have to be better than Steam to overtake it.

Ubisoft, Private Division/2K Games, Devolver Digital, Team Meat, Quantic Dream, Annapurna Interactive, Vblank Entertainment and what else?

Cool story, bro.

>I just like to play games.

I'm late to the party but I hope you're just memeing and baiting because you're the type of person every corrupt politician or cult leader loves.

The Windows game market's future is too much in doubt to make major investments, and other PC platforms are too small for them to care.
They're likely to follow the same direction Google is with Stadia and developing a Linux based solution that they can reliably stream to any device.

I hope this isn't an argument that Steam is doing exclusivity. This doesn't sound like it at all; it's essentially Valve acting in the same way as a publisher. They're funding the developers before a product is even finished. They don't have to just use the Steam store.

It's congruent to every release they've ever made, it's only divergent in the fact that it wasn't released on any other platform (read: console, it's available on MacOS, iPhone, Android). More importantly you're referring to a game, and stretching commentary made by Valve to fit your narrative. They were expounding on the idea of platforms like Playstation, Xbox, Nintendo and the likes of EGS wherein users are tied directly to given hardware or software and can't move from it.

While you have somewhat of a point previous occurrences in recent history like the CSGO gambling debacle, which was heavily reliant on the Steamworks API to function. I can't say for sure but it appears to me that it would make sense they removed that functionality in Artifact to avoid future allegations of such things, thus they are effectively legally bound to use exclusively the Steam Market.

Furthermore their exclusivity is beyond justified. They do have to promote Steam, they do have to maintain their catalogue. Any company doing otherwise would be absolutely bonkers. Releasing it on some obscure webpage or uPlay simply wouldn't make sense from anyone's perspective.

Read:
No, Valve wants them as agnostic as possible.

>Linux
That is for ultra nerds. NPCs will never use it. Same bullshit fairy tales about Linux for 20 years.

UWP isn't even the point. Swiney's stance on what it was and what it intended to be is, considering that it's now exactly he is with his shit company.

Linux gamer here, we have nothing against egs(as a community). In fact most of us don't care at all.

Everytime you see someone crying how badly Linux is fucked because of egs, you are talking to 15 years old npc that believe epic to be bad because his favourite YouTube told him so. Leave Linux alone you fucking windows fags

>Hi. I speak for most linux users and...
Into the trash you go.

>Microsoft is looking to dominate the games industry ecosystem with its aggressive new UWP initiative. Developers must oppose this, or else cede control of their titles

T.windows user

My gaming PC is windows for obvious reasons. My laptop is linux only. You don't speak for me.

fucking retard

>give the chinks time to catch up on making their spyware top notch for your PC
tianenmen square massacre, winnie the pooh

Taiwan is the real China.

>What is their end game?
Dworld dwomination.

Attached: experts-2.png (644x484, 373K)