Did we feel it, v?

>But we hope you remember back to that first time you played the Souls series, and enjoy a similar novel sensation to what you felt then.

Attached: KcsxrS8.png (584x539, 403K)

Yes. I don't give a fuck what any contrarian here says, it was a good ride.

Not even in the slightest

I really tried to. But despite the technical marvel of the game, it just left me empty as fuck at the end. I'd even put it below DS3.

nice, Suckiro threads are finally dead.

the duality of man

but i do have to agree that it wasn't nearly as impactful as playing demon's souls for the first time

Did not feel the same sensation as the first time I played through Dark Souls (I dabbled in DeS but barely remember it, and still have never gone back to it yet. I'm saving it for a special occasion).

Rather, playing Sekiro felt very much like playing a really good Dreamcast or PS2 game. Not really similar to any game from that time, but just -felt- like it would be at home in that generation.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 130K)

No

no, and it's never going to happen again if they keep using teleport bonfires.

Felt it when I beat bosses like Genichiro or Ishinn. Mainly felt it when I explored and got a bit lost in more dangerous area like Ashina Depth
In other words I had fun

One of the biggest things I do like about Sekiro is the jumping, and the variety of game paths available to the player. It's way more open than Dark Souls 3, even if the areas do not branch back into one another very often.

In fact, I think as time goes by Sekiro will be seen as considerably more easy than it is currently seen as more players will spread the word that if you think the game is too hard then you need to EXPLORE. You do not have to fight things as soon as you get to them. You can fight that fucking ape dead-last after you have accumulated every prayer bead you can get in the game up to that point and if you do it is dramatically easier. You don't even have to fight the second ape fight if you don't want to. By the time the players has pushed the game map as far as they can they will have accumulated enough power to overcome some obstacle they were stuck at, and then the process starts all over again.

I think people also get really caught up on trying to win every fight the "right way" or via sword fighting when the game gives you all kinds of other options.

Honestly, YES wholeheartedly. I felt like the biggest bangers in the series were Dark Souls 1, then Bloodborne that took a more focused melee oriented direction with a new setting and then Sekiro was another breath of fresh air that kept the core elements but still mixed up the formula in a fundamental way. I think at the end of the day DS1/BB/Sekiro are the games people remember From the best by.

Attached: D5Qx8NYWsAAxzfr.jpg (637x1200, 83K)

How are you not permabanned yet

Maybe because I actually post about games?

>any souls game
>novel sensation
only to zoom zooms

I actually felt it. It was really good, felt like an actual journey like before getting to Anor Londo. At least until the second time you go to Ashina Castle.

Yeah, Sekiro feels like it could be the world's best remake of a four-disc Dreamcast/PS1 game. You really get that feeling especially when they start locking down entire areas permanently, like how you can't go back to the Bull area after the first phase of fighting in Ashina Castle starts.

I don't know if it "feels" like a Dark Souls or BB sort of experience because you almost never get that "Oh God I'm lost and how do I get back to a Bonfire" feeling. Wolf himself is so mobile and fast that running back to an idol is always viable and all deaths are completely avoidable.

Attached: 1553644683409.png (550x550, 178K)

Sekiro was the best fresh experience of any fromsoft game. Let's be real, the rest were pretty dull
>Demon Souls
Lol
>Dark Souls
Yeah like you CAN go to tomb of the giants immediately but the game does everything in its power to make sure you go to gargoyles first and it's mostly meme montage youtube players running past every mob after memorizing the dark layout after 100 deaths which defeats the purpose of the game
>Dark Souls 2
Bland, at least dark souls 1 let you attempt to go another way
>Bloodborne
Railroaded, but in an interesting way where majority of players fight an optional boss thinking its the first boss
>Dark Souls 3
Imagine Dark Souls 2 but worse
>Sekiro
Makes damn sure you realize this isnt dark souls at every opportunity, gives you two paths to alternate between at your leisure to compensate for intro being linear.

You can go to blighttown and kill Quelaag right at the beginning of Dark Souls without much issue. You don't have to be some "pro" to do this.

I don't feel anything anymore

you know no one takes you seriously and your opinion is worthless right?

>that first time you played the Souls series
You mean that time I fired the game up, only to find out it renders at fucking 700p, has no working graphics options, is locked at 30FPS with consistent drops due to shoddy mappping, has braindead AI that can be "exploited" by simply moving to one side and which has the most retarded online community in existence, sans Sonic fans?

Well, thankfully, playing Sekiro did NOT remind me of that experience. It was ever so slightly better.

Attached: 1426418563811.png (600x850, 490K)

"The only thing that matters in games is nonlinearity."

I didn't feel it, not even a little bit to be honest.
It's not a bad game, I just found it to be extremely underwhelming.

I dunno, a lot of people have told me they agree with me or think I have insightful posts. Not everyone agrees but such is the nature of discussions.

Dark Souls had an interesting setting and world
Suckiro has farting monkeys and long arm centipede giraffes

Worst from software game by far honestly Sekiro is just a worse Ninja Blade without the fun QTE's.

Attached: 1544480954682.jpg (944x944, 266K)

This, Dark souls is some of the most boring shit i have played, and it doesnt even get better, the final boss is a joke

Kinda did.
Seems like they tried hard to make the game feel more like a full-fledged action game, but it doesn't feel like it's quite there.

>without QTEs
One of the core mechanics in Sekiro is "press button when prompt is glowing for big dick canned animation attack"

>I'd even put it below DS3.
so on the second place

i honestly did feel exactly how i felt when i first played DaS. but not like the first time i played DeS. i'll never get that feel back.

Attached: e.jpg (750x1000, 98K)

Not really. I had a good time with it but it’s too similar to souls games in overall design philosophy even if the combat is vastly different

From the bottom

fucking fag enablers i swear

Attached: 1549288396444.jpg (676x768, 72K)

I did have a similar "I hate this game, no I love it" feeling when I first played DS. Only difference is this time I'm settling on the former feeling due to how shallow and mediocre everything is.

The first playthrough of a From Software game is always special, not knowing what’s coming ahead is great

>tfw you reach the fountainhead palace

I wanted to like the game but I just couldn't so I dropped it.

I didn't like Sekiro because I hate perfect parries, but it did get the feeling of getting skeleton gangraped or killed by unkillable ghosts and not knowing which way you're supposed to go because both seem impossible. My problem is that I prefer the more varied combat of Dark Souls and the confounding dialogue. This game's dialogue is like
>Welcome home, Ashen One
>Ashen One? What do you mean by Ashen One?
>When I call you Ashen One I'm referring to you as a specific kind of undead that was rejected from its attempt to link the flame.
>Oh, so I am a different kind of undead from hollows?
>Yes, the specific denomination is Unkindleld. It means you have an affinity for gathering embers, which will increase your vitality.
>I understand, but could you explain all of that again?

That sounds pretty interesting desu.

>Did we feel it, v?
No, because I felt like I was having fun with Souls.

Holy shit someone who doesn't have god awful taste. This is like meeting another survivor in an apocalypse.

fml I want to play bloodborne but fuck buying a fucking console
fuck exclusives. what a retarded fucking concept

It wasnt quite the first time (nothing ever will be) but unlike BB, it REALLY felt like a different game, even if some aspects were recognizable, to the point that the experience was quite fresh.

Did i like it more than souls? Nope, but it was good in it own way.

Attached: CC38DDDC-C68B-4344-9960-EB29B0E314A4.jpg (396x382, 41K)

DS2fagging is a circlejerk, DS1fagging is herd opinion. Look in the mirror dude

funny comment considering you're part of the people you're calling the most retarded online community in existence, Sekiro is exactly the same as Dark Souls.

It was much better than playing the Soul series for the first time because it was an actually good action game

based and redpilled

Attached: 1445131881278.jpg (954x586, 168K)

I just uninstalled recently actually. I got to the ape fight where you kill him once and then a parasite comes out. I just lost all motivation to fight him over and over again as I had the previous bosses. Souls is fun because the build variety and online, Sekiro was fun for 10 hours but then I was ready to move on.

this was my experience in 2011 as well
dropped the game right at undead asylum and couldnt understand what everyone was fussing about
years later and its among my favorite games

Not at all, it excelled in the 'gameplay' front, but lost everything else. I grew tired of it like half way into ng+

You sound like a pussy and also like you played the english dub.
Correct me if I'm wrong on the last bit, but I know I'm not wrong on the first.

Imagine being such a faggot that playing a game to completion and having a full experience with satisfying gameplay isn't "enough" for you, it has to be something you can keep playing end to end for literal years.

Except Sekiro is an actual character, and not a blank slate. The prevous Souls games have to give you a degree of latitude since it's a true RPG, and not some spooky shinobi action-adventure.

That being said
Generals > Black Knights
Genichiro boss fight > Ornstein & Co.

Dark Souls and Sekiro are my favorites. Dark Souls had incentives for multiple playthroughs but Sekiro was more finely crafted for a single playthrough.

I think exploring is vital to the game. I'd scout every boss and miniboss, gauge how difficult they were, go through all the dead ends, then pick the easiest boss and kill him. This way no obstacle broke the flow of the game.

I actually did
just like dark souls before I understood its combat and nuances I began hating it until something clicked and now sekiro is my favourite

with that said, fuck Ng+ Fire Isshin faggot fire

when I finally killed Owl 2 I took 1 minute to catch my breath and just stand in the arena contemplating the kino

hunting down all the anal beads on new playthroughs is going to be a hassle and you cannot level posture with skill points so NG+++++++++ will just be a bunch of bullshit

Salt. The post

There was a moment in the game where it did feel like dark souls for a bit. It was after the chain ogre, I had no idea what to do, I kept dying to the spear in hirata, kept dying to the headless next to chain ogre’s fortress, and kept dying to the snake on the way to Ashina. I had no idea which of these paths I actually had to go down but all led to death for me until I got gud.
The nonlinearity in this game was near the same as dark souls, however the lack of builds means it’s not as replayable besides a ng+ no kuro’s charm demon bell run, so most players won’t get to see all the places you can go, like killing the corrupted monk before Genichiro

It was even more fun than playing dark souls because it was the first time since that fromsoft has actually improved the gameplay. Really great precedent I will absolutely buy the next game they make if it has the same mechanics.

Posture doesn’t matter after NG+, certain enemies like owl max you out after one attack anyway. You should be playing with Kuro’s Charm too