Game is a JRPG

>Game is a JRPG
>Protagonist is a trained professional military man
What did Altus mean by this?
Where is the teen protagonist a decade younger than me?
How am I meant to identify with someone who could possibly be my age?

Attached: sjprotag.png (256x256, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y3eMjYAOjNo
youtu.be/QvDuBdcB2YE
youtube.com/watch?v=8VmrVtlU6yM
youtube.com/watch?v=UBuc-cw3Gv0
dijehtranslations.wordpress.com/2016/08/08/yamai-kazuyuki-smt-iv-interview-for-dengeki-nintendo/
youtube.com/watch?v=khOz79zR0r4
youtube.com/watch?v=4YQd2hXthio
rpgsite.net/news/6264-read-what-kazuyuki-yamai-is-aiming-to-create-in-shin-megami-tensei-v-full-famitsu-translation
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zurvanism
youtube.com/watch?v=BNexp6P0JCg
youtube.com/watch?v=zmBss6Q96h4&list=PLjldK45UAIzl4UHqvGSte0DULa8qTkidq&index=11
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Atlus directors said they will never change 2 things about Shin Megami Tensei. 1: The apocolypse 2: High school teenagers as protagonists. This is why they didn't call Strange Journey SMT:4, but gave it it's own subtitle.

Attached: The man who realised Persona was a mistake.jpg (480x640, 61K)

>High school teenagers as protagonists
Interesting that the one time they subvert this, it leads to the game with the most interesting scenario.
Flynn and the Samurai were 18 though, were they not, just barely adults.

I thought the teenagers thing was only for Persona?

It's just about not having mature adults as main characters, since this would go against the authenticity of the Megami Tensei original ideas.

Attached: qbbgp4_500.jpg (500x333, 55K)

Aleph wasn't a "high school teenager" at all though.

Persona is about "having cute girls saying sweet things" which is partly the reason why SMT 4 and SMT 4:A sucked. In the development Atlus forced Kazuyuki Yamai to merge with parts of the persona teams and they had a huge argument what SMT really meant. They came to the conclusion that Persona was about happyness and sweetness with friendship, while SMT was about despair and heavy moods.

A young protagonist. Is this better for you?

>A young protagonist. Is this better for you?
It makes it clear that you're talking out of your ass, so yes, perfect. Thank you.

What is with jap devs giving the most ass-backwards answers to questions in interviews?
I don't know if what you typed was from one, but it sounds like it could be.

Attached: ragdoll.gif (540x290, 671K)

Sorry I don't have spreadsheet of quotes from developers with me. These two points are from an interview of a japanese magazine couple years ago, go ask the /smtg/ in /vg/ for validation because I don't have a fucking source of absolutely everything in my memory you absolute faggot.

Isn't the SJ protag like 18?

This is why SJ is not officially a mainline SMT game with a number attached. It didn't have the apocolypse part either.

Strange Journey wasn't 4 because it wasn't taking place in Tokyo. The protagonist had nothing to do with it.

18 is pretty young to be a trained military professional.
I would expect about 25.

Flynn and the samurai are all 18 though.

Attached: 1508857588908.jpg (1196x1700, 578K)

Attached: Persona was a mistake.png (3604x752, 603K)

Only the first group has any sense.
Tokyo is burnt out as a location, and a female protag would be an interesting change.

ok jew

first group (neutral) is obviously best

I identify with a walking vending machine more than a teenager.

First group is the fucking best.
Old Guard need to learn to get with the times, even if the games they made were kino.
Personafags are a fucking sin though, SMT's about killing your friends and god being a cunt, not THE REAL SUPERPOWER OF TEAMWORK.

/smtg/ seems to be in full force today. 7 fucking threads.

>MATURE PROTAGONIST FOR MATURE PEOPLE LIKE MEEEEE

Attached: c787f28246a4a260ae68c67e9fd0eea4.gif (722x482, 1.53M)

what a dumb helmet

Attached: 1551949838437.png (202x206, 46K)

>Yosuga
>Shijima
>Freedom

Attached: c1c.png (251x365, 162K)

youtube.com/watch?v=y3eMjYAOjNo
Why's it so good bros?

>SMT's about killing your friends
Not really. It tends to happen, but that's not the focus.
SMT is at it's best when it manages to be cynical and bitter without going full edgelord.

>playing SMT If...
>enter dungeon
>enter a door
>can't see anything, have to keep checking map to progress because I don't have the minimap spell on any demons
>get to next floor
>can't see anything and also can't open comp, so can't summon/return demons, can't check map, have to rely on compass direction and the sound effect caused by walking into a wall to progress
>FINALLY get to the next floor
>it's the same except now there are teleporter squares that send you far away
>by the way there's also a very high random encounter rate
>mfw

Attached: screen-shot-2018-02-18-at-11.35.07.png (774x782, 707K)

Both the best and worst soundtrack in the series. It's grating as fuck, re-uses tracks and loops constantly, but it works well with the setting.

its just a bunch of jack frosts saying "HEEHO" all ost, idk why people like it. it's shit.

It's a shame they didn't go with Nanashi being older. It would've fit pretty well. Instead of just a bunch of teens walking around, he could've been their protector and leader.

>Neutral
>Law
>Chaos
You can't make this shit up.

I disagree with the grating aspect, but agree with the rest. It's music that fits very well with SJ, but can't really stand on its own save for a few tracks. Law is one of the better "stand alone" tracks, I feel.

Redpill me on smt, from what game should I start? I have only pc, ps4 and 3, also ps emulator on phone.

thats what Nozomi more or less does though

Yeah but she's a bitch.

So, uh, I'm just starting SMT with 4 and really enjoying it. Im worried about all the shit I read about Apocalypse, is it really that bad? I wanted to play through those two then move onto the first person dungeon crawlers like Strange Journey & Soul Hackers

>SMTV is going to be a male teen MC in tokyo living though the apocalypse
I just love the originality on display.

Apocalypse is basically an expansion pack.

apocalypse is a definite improvement on 4 gameplay wise, it's a coin toss whether you'll

the continuity doesn't really matter so just pick one that looks good and go for it
only things to watch out for are those games which are direct sequels like SMT II, DDS2, Persona 2 EP and SMT IV Apocalypse. You want to play the predecessors first.

Your the demons, recruit demons, kill demons.
youtu.be/QvDuBdcB2YE

It's a good game, much better than 4 in a lot of ways, but suffers from being a tonal shift that most fans dislike.
I'd say it's worth playing but Soul Hackers and Strange journey are probably better games.

Final is not that bad, though it really depends on how you feel about the nakama the game forces onto you. Gameplay is a strong improvement compared to 4.

*whether you'll like the tonal changes

I know it's divisive, but I the 25th Anniversary soundtrack version
youtube.com/watch?v=8VmrVtlU6yM

>is it really that bad?
It has the best gameplay in the series bar none.
The story is somewhat more persona-ish is all.
If waifus and otaku bait doesn't bother you, it's very good.

IV or Nocturne.

fair enough but I disagree.

The story isn't quite as good because of the writing, that and you dont get the same kind of magic as exploring tokyo for the first time like you do in IV. It's still good though; that and if you like the battle system in IV, they give a bunch of QoL changes to it and make it superior. it gets shit on here but I enjoyed it more than IV in most ways.

I fucking loved Soul Hackers for its aesthetics and the city setting was one of the coolest things ever, but I can't agree that it was a better game. SJ(R) might be better if you are more aligned with the dungeon crawling/EO type of games.

also bumping the thread with one of my favorite atlus tracks

youtube.com/watch?v=UBuc-cw3Gv0

>protagonise is 13
>looks at least 18
>is apparently the strongest teenager in existence

gettin' real sick and tired of this trope, it's fucking everywhere
Why can't nips just create regular protagonists with real strengths and weaknesses
instead they have to rely on making them a child and then making it so that they're ridiculously strong or a total pussy

Some of the sidequests in 4A are pretty neat.

I gotta say I dont think SMT4 gets enough credit for its setting. Ill fully admit I started with persona but the clashing time periods 4 presents with the samurai and town meshes with the demons and such better than high school stuff

so first group is neutral, second is law, and third one is chaos?

Nocturne remake when?

if you can stomach the older gameplay mechanics and such, i recommend to you trying out SMT1 and 2 as well. the setting for both games is great in that same fashion you mentioned, especially in 2 with how the upper tokyo, the underworld, and the demon world all work in game.

4A is about power of friendship going wrong. You have a group of young people of different origins and they constantly argue, they even fight, they retain you in your rise of power. It can be considered as an anti persona game.

I'll be real with you, every SMT game looks appealing for different reasons. Mainly sticking to the 3ds games because those are the most readily available but I'd like to play the PS2 entries at some point. Are SMT1+2 short?

>Nocturne with a non-shit inheritance system and the soundtrack in decent quality
Yes please

>bad ending: refugees invade your country and turn it into a shithole
>good ending: you nuke refugees nest in a suicide mission
>neutral ending: refugees stay in their shithole

Is it the most redpilled game ever? Is it why shitskins prefer Persona trash?

Attached: SI_3DSDS_ShinMegamiTenseiIV_image1600w.jpg (1600x800, 183K)

>HD models
>4As battle and fusion system
Atlus pls gib

I get what you're saying, but despite the infighting that happens, a lot of the tension is hard forced to push the storyline, and a lot of it doesn't feel tense to begin with. Without spoiling it for the other bros that haven't played, everyone more or less gets in line for you and follows your lead, whether you appeal or rebuke them.

I just like the theme because it goes on the other spectrum of "Light vs Dark", rather than the old tried and true "Law vs Chaos" alignments that the previous games go into.

SMT1 isn't too long. SMT2 is a bit longer. To be honest I think SMT If... is the shortest of the three that are on the SNES, and it most recently got patched to english within this year? or last year? I don't remember. IF was the game that predated the entire persona series too, so if you like some of the themes there, it may be worth trying. Each of the three games also have several different routes and endings too.

>not mentioning the nuclear "we kill all existence ever" ending

But SMT IV has a samurai from the magical land of Sky EuroJapan and SMT IV-A's isn't a student.

>that middle part about Apocalypse
WHAT THE FUCK, THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN GREAT

i just noticed everyone having a different scarf
i thought Walter never wore one

The affinity system in 4A was much needed and appreciated. Feels good to have all kinds of demons in rotation for different things too. Despite having hundreds of demons to create, each felt truly unique and could be used in different situations with their own niche.

the affinity system made me really have to think about the fusions could just give every high magic demon the same good moves.
I hate the voice change for Alice.

>Studio structure accurately resembles the video games they make

Attached: 1408655578990.png (332x330, 44K)

Alice voice change sucked, yeah, but at least she was at a good fusable level so you could make some great use of her skills.

Take a closer look at Lucifer's second form.

Also more demons, I think Nocturne only had 70 demons or something.

>Facing Orobourus for literally the first time right fucking now
>Used brave heart for disaster cycle
>But she's still healing though everything I throw at her
>Shes knocked out my hardest hitting demons with mahama
>She resists physical and gun
Fuck.
This won't end well.

Attached: apollo.jpg (454x339, 22K)

Here was his design.

Attached: SMT-IV-A-Art-Book-Preview-696x492.jpg (696x492, 99K)

i think the family man concept is cool but i do like the punk aesthetic that nanashi brings

>Atlus directors said they will never change 2 things about Shin Megami Tensei. 1: The apocolypse 2: High school teenagers as protagonists.
This is a lie. For one NONE of these kids even have a high school since education is gone. Baka faggot. Aleph wasn't a teen either and the only "high school" kid was demi.

honestly he doesn't look that bad outside of his character art

I have been stalking tge SMT threads for a while now, but I never heard about Nanashi originally being a familyman before.
I only knew that he was supposed to be an adult at first.

Attached: Nanashi_Initial_Design_SMTIVF.jpg (373x554, 79K)

But it is a mainline game and the Apocalypse has already begun. The world is already fucked. Did you not play it?

yeah, we only know that cast was older initially, him being familyman is assumed because they reused this design for Asahi's dad

Apocalypse is a superior game these fags are retarded.

Fuck your models. I want more content. I'll take 400 sprites over 100 models.

3D has done nothing but harm the SMT series. Even SMT IV which has 2D sprites for enemies suffers massively in terms of dungeon crawling with its fully 3D environments compared to more restricted entries like SJ.

>4A is about power of friendship going wrong.
You dumb nigger. 4A is basically 1 and 2.

Fuck the oldguard, I'm with the disciples, the Persona pals are misguided. SMT works best when there's just bits of humor and there are bittersweet moments. Just look at the events of SMT I/II and SJ for that or in IV when the people in Tokyo hail the protagonist as their savior and actively take a part in defending the town.

Everyone’s eating this up but I’m seriously wondering where’s the source, or if there’s no direct source, then what’s the evidence.

I don't think Tokyo is a demionic shithole yet when SJ happens

Apocalypse is a spin off story of 4. There's no point to not play 4 first. And it has a better atmosphere and narrative.

I came back a second time and just fucking ruined her day because fire weakness plus buffs.
Also, luck, I suppose.

Black frost want to change Endure for Null Elec.
Should I?

Good job, we’re all proud of you user

Currently playing through 4 right now, what makes 4A such a definite improvement in terms of battle mechanics? My issues with 4’s combat were
>battles felt very one sided, if you know the demon’s weakness the fight’s over, but if the Demon exploits your weakness AND gets smirk, then you’re either gonna die or suffer severe losses, there’s no inbetween to alleviate either trivializing the Demon or RNG fucks you over.
>smirks a good addition, but like said prior, it also feels like it determines the outcome of the fight too much
>strength fucking sucks, no point in buying weapons when investing in dex is way better for skills

It is worse. 90% of the world is in turmoil, war or starving and a black hole is slowly covering the earth.
It is a branching point more than a spin off and I never told him not to play 4. I told him to stop listening to fags.

>that artificial arm
WE [LOSARM] NOW

Is this why SMT 5 is taken a long ass time? We got fucking nothing but the trailers to off on and they never did a update announcement

Attached: IMG_20190212_225940.jpg (988x748, 51K)

>>good ending: you nuke refugees nest in a suicide mission
Suddenly my stance on the law endings has changed. Truly based and redpilled.

Endure is just a poor mans Enduring Soul.

Not him, but I read something that vaguely alluded to this.

>What kind of differences more exactly?

>Yamai: The generation gap, in a nutshell. When female characters appear in contemporary games, they tend to say nice things, a lot of them are ‘sweet’, so the creators used to this kind of things want to add this ‘sweetness’ no matter what. The content Megami Tensei has been nurturing so far has been in accordance to the times and, no matter how you look at it, ‘bitter’, so you wouldn’t be able to add ‘sweetness’ to it. This actual type of ideological conflicts were really troublesome.

>Were there discussions among the staff regarding the meaning of ‘Shin Megami Tensei’?

>Yamai: Obviously, and as expected, each member had their own image of Shin Megami Tensei. If you were to ask me if in the end the opinions coincided, then I would have to say no; but I figured the good parts of these differing views should go into the maps, scenario and so on, where each person in charge would base them on their own views. Basically, you more or less go with the flow, but still should not deviate too much from the ‘bitter’ parts.

dijehtranslations.wordpress.com/2016/08/08/yamai-kazuyuki-smt-iv-interview-for-dengeki-nintendo/

The user who made that post in the screencap could have made a lot of assumptions, but there is atleast some truth to the fact that there is some conflict between the staff to what SMT should be.

4A is better balanced, weakness are less powerful, fights last longer. There are also more buff and debuff options

So I should?

That user is retarded disregard.

Go for it. Demons don't matter you can always make them better.

WHAT THE FUCK SHE CAME BACK TO LIFE

Attached: 1554439647237.jpg (500x259, 13K)

Smirking is nerfed significantly. Light/dark spells are less of a crapshoot. The partner system doesn't trap you in RNG hell any more.

It literally adresses all of your problems and more.

Attached: 50009315_232773444272011_9108828792111310913_n.jpg (640x640, 80K)

in IVA
>Smirking isn't as good for AI; doesn't happen quite as often and when it does, it doesn't increase their evasion rate to 99% like it does in IV so they don't dodge and oneshot your entire team from full health because of a missed attack
>Light and Dark actually do damage with chance to instakill if the caster is smirking, rather than all or nothing "Kill/Miss"
>early game is a bit more balanced because of the Partner system gets heavily expanded on. Instead of being at the mercy of Isabeau/Jonathan/Walter at random like in IV, you can pick your partner that comes with you to battle, each with different skill sets. to make the first part of the game a bit easier, the very first partner you obtain happens to specialize in healing skills.
>fights, while IMO are still onesided, snowball a lot less harder than they do in IV due to the mentioned stuff.
>strength still sucks overall but you can pretty much go any build in IVA without issue.

>strength still sucks overall
Pretty sure STR does the most calculated damage even if it is easier to exploit press turns with magic.

You mean DEX

str is good later on but you will be doing nil going pure str early, go str/dex for best effect.

would still prefer if they put an actual endurance stat like in the past to help reduce damage overall, i dont really care for stacking more hp/taking more damage, just puts more emphasis on the grind to buy super expensive armors to pump up the hp. though thats more of an issue with IV and IVA, not just one or the other

STR.
I am pretty sure Akasha arts does more damage than any gun skill.

But no VIT stat is literally the one and only flaw of IVA's gameplay mechanics.
If SMT V copypastes IVA's mechanics and adds Vit it might be the perfect SMT game mechanically.

AND MY ALIGNMENT HAS CHANGED TO LAW NOW
FUCK

Attached: 1554771740701.jpg (1152x1200, 1007K)

Considering only one boss is weak to physical attacks it seems like a gigantic waste. Even then we aren't taking into account the lack of extra turns you get or the extra damage done by weakness bonus.

The overall balance is much better. All the demons have unique stat spreads instead of the lazy bullshit from vanilla 4. They introduced elemental affinities which on top of strengths/weakness tweaks each demons ability to use and take that element (i.e. a demon may not be weak to fire but he still takes heavier damage to fire if he has a bad affinity, or a demon with high phys affinity deals more damage using phys attacks). Smirking is way more balanced, and it tied a lot of secondary abillities to it. Overall a lot of cool abillities in Apocalypse. Bosses are much MUCH better designed battles

What are the oldest non-indie jrpg protagonists?
Anything over 30?

Soul Hackers has the best OST, followed by SMT 4
youtube.com/watch?v=khOz79zR0r4

while not AAA status but not exactly Indie, the SaGa series typically has lots of different "everyday" type of characters that end up becoming MCs through fate or whatnot.

Attached: 1.jpg (876x720, 135K)

>indie
>jrpg
What?

Can you guys give me an RPG for beginners?

Id like to get into them but I'm a fucking brainlet.

Olberic and Cyrus from Octopath traveler are 35 and 30 respectively.

You get Pierce in Apocalypse.

>Wait 10 years
>Play game

They should just roll STR and VIT into one stat since STR is underpowered.

FF7 is probably the most normie JRPG.

Chrono Trigger.

perhaps, but in flavor for different demons, im sure there are quite a few examples where you can have resilient but not physically strong demons, and vice versa. Rakshasa comes to mind for one.

And? Even with Pierce you'll do more damage hitting somethings weakness and get another turn.

World of Final Fantasy.

Unless it doesn't have a weakness

Were the Digital Devil Story novels the pre-internet equivalent of web novels? I read the first two and the plot made so little sense and Nakajima could easily be some angsty teenager's self insert. Did the author post them on a BBS before they were published?

Everything has a weakness. Or gains one.

What's the best alignment to follow first in IV?

the white

follow whatever you end up with

>flynn
>school teenager

Attached: 1510399802943.jpg (469x500, 49K)

Honestly what this user said. After you get your ending, boot up NG + and follow a guide for Neutral. It can be a bitch though

Well, Orobourus's second form isn't dyng anytime soon, so it's time to fuck about in the womb I guess. Maybe make a gun that shoots flame rounds.

Neutral can be considered the true ending - all the others are just some kind of bad end.
Problem is that it's tough to get on the neutral route, you basically need a guide.

I started SMT with Nocturne and Persona with 3 and played almost every newer-ish spin-off like DDS and the Devil Survivor games. Am I missing a lot by not going back to the old stuff?

Persona 2 has a fantastic fucking story but otherwise not really, maybe SMT2

Attached: 1502730414754.png (3840x2160, 1.71M)

Neutral IS the true end except it actually ends before flynn kills his friends and then Apocalypse happens. Also Neutral CAN glitch and quests can fuck up. Do the collection quests first and have another backup save just in case.

Honestly, the perfect SMT game could benefit from all three groups. Of course the themes of bitterness should continue to influence the mainline games, but in new interesting settings featuring something other than Tokyo bound high schoolers (you have persona for that), but the old guard should still be there to keep things SMT-like without smothering creativity, to keep the franchise tied to its roots. Furthermore, negotiations with demons and building alliances could take influence from the new guard in deeper conversation and "socializing" systems, without it going all High School Harem Anime and romance (though, a bittersweet one could be interesting as a fuck you/way to show Persona player crossovers that things ain't the same in SMT land).

>protagonist is usually a completely blank slate since it's an rpg
>a female protag would make a fresh change
Get a load of this tranny

>you basically need a guide.

Get a load of this lawbaby

Not that many bosses are weak to gun either though.
You're better off going MAG if you want to exploit weaknesses and go STR if you want to use physical moves.>building alliances could take influence from the new guard in deeper conversation and "socializing" systems, without it going all High School Harem Anime and romance
I don't think the atlus newfags care about socializing and just want the highschool harem thing specifically.
It's more likely that IVA was supposed to be adult Nanashi building alliances with all the human factions like the ashura-kai, the tokyo hunters, cult of gaea and the samurais of mikado and you would have the choice to become the great unifier of by uniting all the factions and lead tokyo together in harmony with all the faction leaders which is a nice contrast to dagda's route where you become the new tyrant of the universe and pretty much sit alone on you throne ruling the new universe with an iron grip.
Most likely they changed made it more persona like by making the faction representatives become teenagers who are supposed to be your friends and pseudo harem to satisfy the atlusnewfags.
But that is just my assumption.

Lost Odyssey protag is thousands of years old.

Keep it that way, the Law+ route is the best in the game.

Attached: soil_jimenez__vectorized__by_kyouji_kuzunoha_d9e9s0e-pre.png (841x950, 658K)

>SMT 1 - Hero can buy alcohol with his age not ststed i -game iirc, also law hero is a university student.
>SMT 2 - Aleph is 21
>SMT 3 - Demi-fiend actually fits being a high school student and is 17
>SMT 4 - hoy boys are 18
>SMT 4A - Nanashi is the youngest protag ever at 15.

>female protag would be an interesting change.
When will FeMCtrannies learn?

Attached: 1557115282622.png (481x662, 133K)

SaGa games tend to have anything from 12 years old kids to men or women in their late 30's, outside of the main cast, the other recruitables tend to have an average sweet spot of 30/40 years
Iirc the late 20/over 30 main characters in the series are:
RS1: Hawke, Sif and maybe Barbara
RS2: Leon
RS3: Harid, Mikhael, Katarina
SF: Technically T260G but no normal human party member outside of Emilia is adult, unless you consider Asellus' technicalities
SF2: Both Gustave and Wil eventually get over 40, Wil's last playable parts have him as an old geezer in his mid 80's even
Unlimited: Laura, Kurt/Cash, Mythe
Scarlet: Balmaint, Taria

There's some other games here and there that have older protagonists, old stuff like Bounty Sword, Koudelka or relatively recent things Last Rebellion come to mind, Keats in Folklore is in his late 20's too if I remember correctly.

Attached: RS3_Katharina_Artwork.png (930x816, 818K)

SMT V will just be Raidou Kuzunoha.

SMTV is NEVER EVER releasing on Switch, it's vaporware at this point.

Boss battle against Adam, Anansi, Xi Wangmu and Frost Ace:
youtube.com/watch?v=4YQd2hXthio

Attached: akuma-negotiations-1.png (1280x1440, 2.52M)

I'm pretty sure Hero was stated to be a high schooler at the very least outside of the game.

Also, 18 is still school student age in Japan.

>t. wasn't there for persona 5

Chaos is the better ending because Flynn becomes King of Mikado and frees it from the angel's control. Neutral has more content, but Flynn becoming Tokyo's Champion to free Masakado just doesn't feel right from a narrative perspective. Apocalypse us riddled with too much Flynn dick sucking

Just started playing apocalypse. AHHHH I went strength because someone in the last thread said strength was the best. Is it really worse than magic?
Also you guys weren't kidding when you said the writing was worse.
>Menacing demon asks to open a seal
>Sounds fishy as fuck
>No option to say no
>Goes to the seal
>Decides not to open it
>Lmao you're opening the ark
>Fucks everything up
Really? Are you fucking kidding me?

Huh? What do you mean glitch?

My Nanashi has like 500 MAG and is level 403 though

Chaos plus is the better ending because Jimenez mellows out. Law is too much of a good thing in worshipping Zelenin's body

NEVER

(EVER)

COMING

Apocalypse doesn't trust the player to make rational decisions.

To beat neutral you need to do ALL the quests. Two quests that are collection based are glitched and the item you need will just not appear.

i waited 5 years for persona 5 (and it was shit) the wait for 2020 is nothing

So we all can agree that hes the best mc right? Good

Attached: 1550837224957.png (810x400, 470K)

>36

Like someone else said Older protagonist are usually found in Saga Games.

Attached: Owen legend of legacy.png (700x767, 64K)

Don't you hate it when attention whores(girls) invade your discussion group to show off their shitty cosplays?

Attached: nvvsh47q0nw21.jpg (4032x3024, 1.03M)

>Love that animated opening song for Redux
>Never released on a soundtrack

It's such a good opening and without the sound effects it'd be so good to hear.

>That greentext
Did you forget the part when Dagda revived you and said "You're nothing but a puppet, MY puppet"? He was serious you know.

OUR DEAL WAS TO FUCK UP GODS NOT TO HURT FLYNN ;-;

Attached: l5rRhd0.jpg (400x400, 15K)

>Caring about other people
First mistake kid, but don't worry, Daddy Dagda knows what's best for you. You're gonna bathe this bleak universe that has been manipulated by the Golden Bobblehead in light, the real light, what creation and existence should be. The cost is merely a stepping stone.

Attached: 1528670831864.jpg (500x496, 95K)

Becoming doomguy is a much cooler ending though

What's the best megaten game on the 3DS?

I am more partial to the fresh king.

Attached: 1546484195431.jpg (500x375, 84K)

DeSu has the best story and IV:A has the best gameplay.
But they are all very good

Soul Hackers

>need a guide
you literally answer with the first response to everything iirc and you will maintain neutral alignment at the lock

>2020
lol try 2030

Fucking demon hoards suck ass

Why? They are easier to kill.

Is SJR the only SMT game where no one can agree on which ending is the best? I has neutral, II has law, Nocturne had TDE, DeSu has chaos, IV has neutral, etc.. but Redux still has people arguing about the endings.

My nigga.

Attached: 07248765-2834-41A4-8429-7AF90F957B6A.jpg (640x905, 188K)

It has 6 endings. 3 of them being new, one of them staying the same (Jimenez). It is one time I liked a law ending in the series but the neutral one is metal af and lonely.

I think the new Law and Chaos endings are great but I'm partial to the new Neutral one since Space Marine becomes the Ubergestalt and the ultimate Doomguy.

Attached: 1557004728016.jpg (1000x1241, 173K)

Im gonna replay IV, does IV have a hard difficulty that isnt grindy? War just annoys me by increasing compedium costs

Apocolypse was the difficulty I beat IVA in

>A silent protagonist would be more interesting if they had breasts!
Get a load of this (((guy)))

It's becuase in the true plus ending, none of them feel like "Wow that was retarded and fucked every single living human". You can see where people are coming from if they like and pick one of those ending without feeling like they're retarded

He is forever alone though. Unless he fucks his demons or something.

That's true, at least he has Arthur and got to smash Lucifer once.

Would Space Marine doom edition be the most powerful SMT protag to date?

>to smash Lucifer once
But this never happened. Alex' father is never brought up because it wasn't important and never stated to be him.

Nanashi is literally god though and SMT5 final boss. (lol imagine)

imagine if we get ubergestalt doomguy as a superboss

>A silent protagonist would be more interesting if they had breasts!
Yes.

>Refugees despite being the original people
>Neutral ending: your group and original country become the refugees and destroy your own town to live with the "refugees" and better their condition.

That opening was amazingly directed, it honestly is the best possible display of what SJ truly is and conveys an incredible vibe and atmosphere. If they ever make a SJ anime they should definitely hire the guy who directed it.

Chaos has ng+ stuff while Law doesnt have that I think. so the better order (mine was) should be Law, then Chaos(and the White if you feel like it), then Neutral.

I'd argue that god nanashi, Aleph, Admin bunny, The fresh king and maybe demifiend are atleast on par.

>Bad ending is the world becomes a meritocracy

Stop posting Merkabah

Well, fuck me sideways, I just checked who the director and storyboarder was and it's both fucking Takayuki Hirao, the guy behind Kara no Kyoukai 5. If anyone here watched that movie they'd know how much of an amazing director he is. And I guess this also explains why the opening had that Ufotable aesthetic.

Nanashi maybe, but the others not really considering he pretty much killed YHVH and took her power for himself.

Persona 22 had adult protagonists

Isn't the chaos ending just spreading the demons to Mikado as well?
Doesn't tokyo relatively stay the same?

Hell if Nanashi was a father you could have something better with Dagda's route. If I remember correctly, demons wouldn't even be able to exist in Dagda's new universe since they are one with nature. You could have Nanashi thinking something along the lines of "I'll have to sacrifice many, many lives, even my own kid, but it's for a better future, one where kids don't have to go through the hell I went through", instead of the edgy bullshit it went with.

Dont humans start fusing with demons to become stronger in the world governed by strength aswell?

But the king of bel rivals the power of YHVH no?
Aleph killed YHVH with his bare hands and admin Bunny has acces to the akashic records meaning he pretty much he has acces to and can rewrite ouruniverse.exe

That was infernal tokyo which is an alternate timeline where Flynn's previous incarnation choose to side with Kenji.

I grew to like Nanashi's design.
Cute edgy twink.
I wish we had the concept though

Aleph killed a very weakened YHVH and king of bel just kinda weakened, but was not able to kill him.

Idunno, it's the logical thing that people dick suck you if you're the only one solving all of their 20 years+ issues, but it does feel weird

Underrated

IIRC, the ending in DeSu Chaos pretty says that he’s doing pretty well against YHVH and Naoya predicts that he should be able to come home very soon.

Attached: 5AB40B6D-9026-4D83-9D08-01BD854CE4C8.jpg (351x264, 18K)

Doing well does not YHVH, winning against him and just making him fuck off are two very different things.

Its worse, because Flynn/Walter opened the gate to the Expanse, millions of demons came flooding in into the world, take into account that Tayama is dead and no more Red Pills are created, the already unstable situation of Tokyo's humans and the demons means that even without the Expanse being opened, Tokyo is beyond fucked.

Lmaoing at your life, tranny. YOU WILL NEVER BE A WOMAN

I haven't played Redux yet, but isn't Shekinah just another aspect of YHVH like ancient of days or yaldaboath and mr clean himself.

Attached: Ancient_Day_SMT4.jpg (600x424, 86K)

Papa Nier megaten game when
I will never get Walter's change
>dude is seemngly rational but you can see seeds of doubt form over the encounters with the RoG, Kueribiko and Ashura-kai
>goes full retard and muh lilith despite lilith still being a dickhead demon even with her spread of knowledge
>expects me to join her despite the fact that she ended up getting my village and parents killed
>decides to make everyone who already is suffering under the free roaming of demons and those underequipped due to the Ashura-kai's rule even worse by flooding the place with more demons
>talks about muh world of strength despite his shit just being a lucky break + his own experience rather than lilith teaching him jack shit
>fine with leaving kids in reverse hills to fend for themselves
>doesn't bat an eye over how Neurishers are like the poor red pill seedbeds in Infernal Tokyo
I like the guy but fuck if Ginza onwards didn't ruin him

Life ends after high school in Japan’s they start working 60 hour work weeks and crunching numbers like fucking automatons so as not to lose face in front of the legion of judge mental geezers running the nation.

They idolize children for their freedom, really shows how fucked up and backwards jap society is

Attached: 95975F84-8518-4EAC-9838-F449874A8980.png (559x414, 282K)

Just eat a red pill

Attached: Dullahan_SMTIV.jpg (772x1280, 144K)

I don't understand. Wanting to play a female character make you a tranny, what?

Johnathan's no better.
Fuck me they both just went full fucking retard.

Aleph is 5 years old dude

It's just YHVH with a different name. They confirm it when when they say she was torn part into 3 paces by the by the mothers of the Schwarzwelt just like YHVH and is always calling herself the root. Also considering the fact he has a fucking Cosmic Egg it's pretty crazy and I have no idea how space marine should have even won the fight really.

Aleph is a kid. All other protags are kids

>have a fuckton of fusions i skipped
>want to fuse them and get their source
>not enough money to do that

Attached: 87d.gif (200x150, 1.47M)

I thought it was 2
>Johnathan's no better.
I'd agree there considering blasted tokyo shows how the archangels are also dickheads and the horrific shit that they'd do like the filth goddess or pluto.
Plus the fact that even he should know that the current system in Mikado isn't doing anyone any favours, hence why Lilith's shit got so bad.
But then you can justify his allegiance to Mikado more than Walter's change, even if he went retarded enough to considering unfair genocide. Dude just wants to protect his home and is too much of a bootlicker otherwise.
Why didn't the angels just use pluto in SMTIV when tokyo went under the dome?

I'd have to look it up but I read somewhere a weird theory that the Walter and Jonathan after Infernal Tokyo aren't the same ones from your initial universe. I don't remember the details but it is something along the lines "The White showed you other worlds so you despair and go nihilistic, and when that failed, they simply switched Walter and Jonathan to a version that never went to those worlds, never learned, simply as to go full Chaos/Law, as to despair you". I'd have to find it, but it makes a little bit of sense, considering the White do get a alternative dimension Walter/Jonathan depending on your choices. Both Walter and Jonathan say that you came with them, and that cannot be true.

Anyone who actually believes the last one should be fucking drawn and quartered. Also first is objectively the correct stance.

Papa Nier, at least for the stateside releases of Nier. He's a teen in the JP releases, though.

>Why didn't the angels just use pluto in SMTIV when tokyo went under the dome?
pluto is solar powered

>pluto is solar powered
Oh, my mistake.
I'd believe it, seems like a theory that has a good enough basis.
It's scary though, the two guys who you've traveled with could be in a completely different universe either realising their mistakes or could be god knows where

Apocalypse is a pretty easy game due to better mechanics. Only Odin, Krishna-Flynn, Dagda, and Satan with YHVH are tough battles.

Miroku, Inanna, Merkabah, and Lucifer are pretty easy bosses made hard by the back to back battles. They also occur on the best parts of the game: Toki under the influence of aether and everyone dropping bantz on Law/Chaos.

>got to smash Lucifer once
well it literally didn't happen because lucifer just stole his semen or something

Physical has the advantage of crits

its bait

Jonathan is better in that he just obeys his superiors and carry out their will. Unlike Walter, Johnathan slowly sides into extreme positions because his superiors change from Hugo and Sister Gaby to the Four Archangels. Basically, whoever's in charge and has Mikado's best interest gets Jonathan's sympathy.

Dude would've been much better if Mastema was his superior.

>tfw the "trustworthy" angel from SJ was unironically trustworthy in IV

Where the fuck was he in Apocalypse

It doesn't get more manly than nuetral+ it's probably to my knowledge arguably the biggest sacrifice a smt protagonist has had to make.

Mastema uses the carrot and stick approach to get humans to do his bidding. He pretty much gave Zelenin a guardian angel and power, then let her use it as she sees fit. He understands human nature.

The Archangels and Metatron constantly demand blind obedience to God and total submission, which is why they're hated.

Mastema would've trivialized Apocalypse and reigned in the team. He'd unironically force Toki to use Inanna's powers.

People who want to play as a female in a game with a silent protagonist that you are supposed to self-insert are mentally I'll, and miss the point of SMT. There will always be a (male) hero and a (female) heroine. Fuck off with your subversive shit.

>Mastema doesn't appear during Apocalypse's plot at all, only hinted that he brought baby Nanashi to Hunters
>Minotaur and Aeshma aren't even in the game

Why does Mastema have good taste in pawns?

You say it like it's a bad thing.
>minotaur doesn't have a bond that transends lifetimes and recognises Nanashi as Akira much to Dagda's detriment
A shame really.

>only hinted that he brought baby Nanashi to Hunters
Nani?
When was that said?

Attached: 1556764789222.png (853x480, 524K)

You realize you don't have to pretend the protagonist is literally you and can instead roleplay a character with them?

>and miss the point of SMT.
What IS the point of SMT then?

Attached: 1554359638697.jpg (599x692, 95K)

t. stick in the mud Old Guard But really I agree with them more than not. A change of setting is one thing and while I myself wouldn't care if the main character was female or not, a lot of what draws people into SMT is that the games explore similar themes in different ways. So I get where they're coming from, but they're ignoring the success of the spinoffs. Of course then you can make the argument that games like that can just be spinoffs while the mainline SMT games continue as they are.

Attached: Hawking.png (518x742, 265K)

I don't understand the Old Guard. SMT works better around 80s, or 90s Tokyo where old buildings and landmarks are converted into make shift dungeons. It just doesn't work on 00, or 2010 because a lot of modern buildings look too clean and sterile.

Are the new guard the reason why we're getting Mommy Goddesses?

SMT threads have been really trash since yesterday. What happened?

Nanashi is the reincarnation of Akira, the Tokyo Hunter who would be king of Mikado. Due to time flowing differently in Mikado, the king reincarnated back into a Tokyo citizen in roughly a few days or weeks

Sometimes you get good threads, sometimes you get shit, it's a trade you have at times.

The best filter is the following

2d sprites: good game
3d models: shit game that doesnt fit with main smt

Now I know you don’t have one, but if you ever do decide to invest, the 3DS is a great system for MegaTen.
>Devil Survivor 1: Overclocked
>Devil Survivor 2: Break Record
>Shin Megami Tensei IV
>Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final
>Shin Megami Tensei: Deep Strange Journey
>Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
>Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
>Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth
All those, and I still might be forgetting some. I actually started with DeSu1: Overclocked desu. You can really jump in anywhere within the franchise. Most of the games are self-contained, save for the few actual sequels or conncected games, like the aforementioned SMTIV: F.

Attached: B81D9A9A-301C-4089-B4C6-77AD2449FB11.png (331x424, 222K)

>3d models: shit game that doesnt fit with main smt
According to your subjective view, but nothing states this. I don't know how you're going to enjoy SMTV if you hate 3D models since we're heading into another era of those. Sprites are over.

Was going to pick up SMT4:A today and was wondering if it had japanese voice tracks and english sub options, anyone know or is it dlc? I can't seem to find anything on it.

>and a female protag would be an interesting change.
Not really? It's just the MC, but female. I don't see what's so interesting or game changing about this honestly. Prior to SMT IV and Nocturne, there used to always be the male MC and his heroine partner.

I'm finished IV, so I'm going to play SH before IVA since I'd just burn myself out since they are similar in a way + I've exhausted myself with IV.
Any tips I should know before I start playing Soul Hackers?
No dual audio for IV/IVA. I think an undub exists somewhere online.

Attached: Lawfag propagnda.png (510x448, 49K)

It's dub-only. You can get undubbed version if your 3DS is hacked though.

>shota Nanashi a cute
>dad Nanashi a good
I win either way.

Attached: CBB8A36F-1627-4649-8CCA-1616C62EE049.png (792x391, 477K)

Damn that sucks, some of them really interested me like Dadga was Chars. Krishna and Maitreya sound really good from the previews.

>It's just the MC, but female.
Mean's it would be easy as fuck to implement, seeing as the plot almost never involves the players gender, outside of the lillim in 4.

Hey what are some good 3ds jrpgs that I probably have missed? I've already played the EOs, SMTs and Radiant Historia

I agree with the Kaneko Disciples for the most part.

It would be, but ultimately it's pointless and would be nothing more than a slight aesthetic change honestly. If it happens in the future I won't really mind, but I don't see why so many people get excited over FemC's.

So, nothing would change at all, just that the MC has tits.

Why is this stupid idea still being upheld? The core world lore is always dark in all Persona games. Or do SMT fags pretend they played these games?

Damn that's a lot of sequels.

>I don't see why so many people get excited over FemC's.
Girls are cute

>but ultimately it's pointless
JRPGs tend to have a decent female fanbase (Doubly so for persona), it doesn't hurt anyone to throw them a bone And also gay faggots like me.

Persona games are rather dark to a degree, but the tension is lost for the most part because the main threat isn't given primary focus. The high school experience and meeting up with Social Links is truthfully the meat of the game, and the only reason why most people play them. Meanwhile in SMT games, you're constantly in an apocalyptic setting where you're trying to survive.

>Outfit is just a Cyberman reskin

Attached: Capture+_2019-04-25-16-15-59.png (800x674, 359K)

This seems fake as shit.

Mastema and Satan are unironically the best Law reps.

Now I see. It's up to them at the end of the day though. Judging by the trailer for SMT V, I don't see it happening at the moment.

So, we can all agree that the perfect SMT game would have:
>Apocalypse mechanics
>IV amount of demons and designs
>SJ-like MC
>II setting
>Persona 5 graphics, 3D models and combat interface
Last one is an if. Is just that I would like something flashier, but at the same time it drags a little the pace of the game

That I knew, but this is the first time I heard about Mastema bringing in baby nanashi to the hunters in tokyo.

Hunter life is kinda comfy if you think about it
>looting
>beating up demons
>fusing
>being fashionable
What more could you want

Also, voice acting in japanese and general audio in japanese

Who's your favourite artist?

Attached: 1453593217617.jpg (1022x548, 61K)

Ditch the persona 5 everything and give me SJ dungeons.

fucking demons

Attached: 32549e9d60eafb461412de07699e15a535fd520dv2_hq.jpg (500x624, 62K)

Noice

I dunno what the setting was like in 2 though, as I've not played it, but the rest of those are golden.

I'm open to non-Japan settings, but against female MCs.

Attached: qCvVJuMa4_N3FeYQy640HxqySMHTmTTaydkpie8IuQk.jpg (1200x494, 87K)

Kaneko, even if that Maya is cutest by Doi

There's a translated interview that explicitly mentions things similar to the points in that post.
>Apocalypse mechanics
Sure.
>IV amount of demons and designs
Scratch the designs, the new ones were retarded. As for demons, sure. 400 was a lot, but they only got away with it because those were sprites and portraits. I'm sure we'll have less in V since we're back to 3D models and they take more effort to make than simple sprites. I'd say around a good 250 or so.
>SJ like MC
So an adult, or a military man? I wouldn't be opposed to it.
>II setting
Hell yeah. SMT II honestly has one of the best settings in the mainline. Tokyo Millennium and Valhalla was based as shit. Not only that but the Expanse (Demon Realm) was actually explorable and it was interesting to see how demon society functioned.
>P5 graphics/3D models/Combat Interface
Basically you just want HD graphics, which is a given. 3D models are as well since we've moving to another era of fully 3D SMT titles. I don't think we need anything flashy or stylish though.

Kaneko used to digital drawing>handrawn Kanenko>Doi=Soejima>Kaneko when drawing humans and being new to Digital>Yasuda
But it's not like I hate their art, it's just personal preference

Dagda, Krishna and Odin's voice are really good in the game.
I am gonna get lynched for saying this, but I liked english Dahda better than char/Quattro Bajeena/shanks Dagda

Attached: 1557167049607m.jpg (932x1024, 181K)

In Maya's case here I don't think his style works the best, but Kaneko is my favorite by a wide margin usually.

Cleo would only be tamed by summoners who are close to godhood in terms of power.

Us regular hhunter scum would have to settle on Pixies and shit

Doi tries to replicate Kaneko's style for the most part in his character designs, and he's the closest thing to Kaneko that we're going to ever get these days, so him.

Yes
The trilogy is extremely mediocre
Thank God that smt is actually good

Someone should change Hair to "everyone else on the development team"considering how many concepts got changed in IV + demeter's aproach

>liking a dub over based Ikeda
Dem fighting words.

Their facial features will likely be different when we see proper artwork of them, but the MC and heroine remind me a lot of Nakajima and Yumiko.

Attached: 82934234.png (1280x1098, 795K)

>not dressing flynn up in the freedom armour but also wearing glasses

>Protagonist is a trained professional military man

>behaves like an autistic mute
>trained professional military man

I can't believe how bad the writing in Atlus games is.

Attached: 121020233423.jpg (2000x1176, 529K)

Is this opinion finally acceptable to state here? Last time I said DDS was shit i got a tons of (You)s

Nothing wrong with space bending hair and moeblobs (to some degree) but giraffe necks looks disgusting

Attached: 1528074900952.jpg (1920x1080, 182K)

Hey cool now the bait's all here

>Intended to be a silent MC who you select choices for based on your views
Nice bait. Try a little harder though.

>only examples are of jrpgs with ensemble casts with multiple protagonist

KInda pathetic

Anyone got an updated version of the Starting Guide? Mine's from 2015.

Nope. Never happened.

I know, it physically pains me to say it, but I can not lie.
I just love Irish dad dagda.

Attached: 1494413472698.png (400x240, 108K)

It is how it is sadly. As long as esemble stuff is done fine, then I'm not too fussed.

Nobody ever truthfully dislikes DDS. It's just a vocal minority of people who do hate it.

Light and Dark demons are actually usable in boss fights because they're now damage spells that have an instakill chance while smirking.
Elemental affinities means that inheriting the same skills over and over again like in 4 is not productive. You have to spread them on the appropriate demons.

I like the Doi redraws of Kaneko's designs the best.

Attached: soul_h11.jpg (600x300, 46K)

I like how Doi is essentially Kaneko in terms of his character designs. Not sure how to feel about the demons though. They're often hit or miss with him because the higher ups have a say in most of his final designs. Then again, Kaneko didn't start out making incredible demons. It took years of work and designing, so I have faith in Doi's improvement.

>Apocalypse mechanics with Vitality stat
>IVA amount with new unleashed Doi designs
>don't care about the MC all that much
>DeSu/SMT1 setting where everything starts out relatively normal, but over the course of the game society slowly crumbles due to the demons untill it becomes complete chaos.
>current gen graphic and 3d models
>sick Kozuka beats
>cool dungeons that aren't just plastering the place with teleporters.

Attached: 1475390948344.jpg (400x240, 52K)

>Intended to be a silent MC who you select choices for based on your views
So a self-insert? But that doesn't work when the responses are nonsensical and the dialogue system is so bad that it's literally Fallout 4-tier. Look at those responses in that image. They are literally three different ways of saying "I dunno, lol". What is there for the player to self-insert?

And that's not an isolated instance either. Responses in SMT games are never longer than a few words and don't really allow for any sort of self-expression or role-playing.

Not to mention those responses come once in a blue moon. In other RPGs with dialogue systems, it's the player who drives the conversation and gets to say something at every step of the conversation. In SMT games, you can have hundreds of lines of dialogue of NPCs before the player is even allowed a response, which inevitably means the response comes across as random and arbitrary because the player barely has any involvement with the conversation. You're basically playing an autist in every SMT game.

Attached: 12388128123.jpg (201x201, 5K)

Attached: the megami tensei fandom.jpg (2000x1340, 975K)

I loved it when you confronted him then went into the battle screen, then he immediately ends the fight and helps you out

>posting the chaosfag version

Attached: gore.png (256x256, 36K)

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Attached: Cleopatra.jpg (926x1387, 423K)

What do you want, more detailed responses to trivial NPC dialogue? And?

Attached: 1557208971194.gif (813x513, 3.4M)

you can have the p5 combat interface without being flashy. the newer trails of cold steel games pretty much do that.

Attached: 201DE089-B631-4BE3-91F4-9A32F93B79C0.jpg (1920x1080, 429K)

Stop giving him attention, he won't be convinced until all JRPGs are CRPGs.

That's all he ever chimps out about when it comes to JRPG options.
I wouldn't lie, the dialogue options and NPC responses in this games are fun, so I wouldn't mind if they had more options that also had varying points between LNC

I like Megami Tensei 1 and 2 but the novels are pants on head retarded. The only way I think anyone could like them is in a "so bad it's good" way.

Demi fiend on the far right

>What do you want, more detailed responses to trivial NPC dialogue? And?

I'm asking for logical responses.

The entire point of a dialogue system in an RPG is that it allows for interactivity. Like initiating a conversation with an NPC to get some information. Maybe they're reluctant to provide answers, so you could use your charisma to persuade them, or your intimidate skill to pressure them into giving answers.

SMT games don't allow for this incredibly basic type of interaction, much less something like demoralizing your enemies or giving your allies inspirational speeches. Heck, Persona games don't even allow for this, despite ostensibly having an emphasis on social interaction.

Choosing responses in SMT games isn't interesting or engaging in the slightest. The responses are either vague non-answers or random shit that makes little sense in the context of the conversation.

>That's all he ever chimps out about when it comes to JRPG options.
You must have missed this meme.

Attached: 13994393232.jpg (2000x2412, 741K)

>You're basically playing an autist in every SMT game.
And that’s a good thing!

Attached: F55ED63B-C4A8-4454-9B7C-66FE0403BEA7.jpg (1280x960, 410K)

>rpgsite.net/news/6264-read-what-kazuyuki-yamai-is-aiming-to-create-in-shin-megami-tensei-v-full-famitsu-translation
>"On top of that, if I am to raise the single direction SMTV is aiming for, it’s to stare back again at the nature of the era. In the past, in the 1990s which was called the End of the Century, there was an occultic hype of ‘could humanity go extinct at this rate?’ And I think some people even had the thought that ‘it’s alright if everything ends like this.’ At that time, the game that appeared to thrust a question of ‘If the world you’re living in now is destroyed, what will you do?’ to people living exactly in that era was SMT."

>"Even in the current 2010s decade that will soon end, there ought to be many people who are frustrated with problems from the inside and outside, such as uncertainty on employment and pension, terrorism, and nuclear weapons. Because we’re in such an era, I want to create an SMT that can empathize with the thoughts everybody’s minds. We want to challenge that with SMTV."
So, how do you feel about this information?

Attached: 1554734082595.jpg (100x100, 2K)

Pretty sure the dude who localized all this is the some one that did punch-up on Yakuza 0's script.

God bless Bunny and his autism.

nah this was based. i hate playing as some gay high school twink, strange journey was pretty good in its military approach

>Gay
>Had two girls fighting over his dick
Huh

Seems pretty cool.
It seems lime they want pull something like p5 without being bogged down by all the VN elements, waifus and other stock anime garbage.

Attached: 1428981083668.png (1600x1200, 173K)

Finally a man of reason here

Attached: tumblr_m05455xBAf1qbj4qso1_500.jpg (489x750, 155K)

Yeah, meme opinion

Was this a localization thing

Yeah I don’t think you understand the idea of having those dialogues. The MC’s were never supposed to have their own expression/character although the exceptions are the limited dialogue selections which implicate some form of character but the whole idea of having mc’s that are mute and are dependent on dialogue choices in the SMT games, is that it influences what ending you pick based on what your moral views are. Basically the game decides what outcome you receive for what you believe

I feel like these games have always been super heavy in theory, but it doesn't come through in the gameplay very well.
Say what you will about Persona's VN elements, but it does make it a lot easier to tell a story and get themes across.

Stop replying to bait.

Persona titles have always been downright VN's honestly. That's a good thing in it's case though since it allows the story to tell itself.

I don't get it.

But baitniggers need to die

They're dating sims, not VNs.

Kill all your friends Yea Forums

They kind of go hand in hand in most cases.

>Protagonist is Japanese
>Localisation changes him to an American
Why are Americans unable to empathise with foreigners?

Persona still retaind some SMT flavor, but it gets muddled in slice of life and harem animeisms. Don't get me wrong, I like them. But, I like the bitterness and urgency of mainline SMT more and I don't want to see that watered down to appeal to a demographic that is already getting their slice of life harem friendship simulators elsewhere.

You make a good argument.

Attached: 1557149077552.png (750x580, 222K)

I loved a lot of it's ideas but the writing got dumb even by SMT standards. Admittedly haven't played Redux so I dunno what that changes.

Hope the director manages to make a sequel like he wants regardless.

> Persona
> Dark

Maybe for some parts of the van but the majority of the game is just harem fetish appealed towards faggots who didn’t get the school experience they wanted so they play the game to feel like their chad for 100 hours

I really hate how people memed SMT into being a series where you "kill your friends" as if it's the premise of the series. The only reason this occurs is because your allies experience a change in ideology as the game progresses and adopt a specific alignment. You either agree with it and follow them, or split on your own path and clash against them. Most people speak as if you go around slaughtering them for fun, when this isn't the case. Then again, I doubt most people truthfully play through the games, and if they do, they likely skim through the dialogue.

Attached: 1555026180022.jpg (250x250, 12K)

They always want our stuff.

>Battle is so metal *record scratch* actually decides it has to be fought anywhere but Earth
Jesus, Abel

Attached: 1544950054338.jpg (680x1200, 89K)

>Yeah I don’t think you understand the idea of having those dialogues. The MC’s were never supposed to have their own expression/character although the exceptions are the limited dialogue selections which implicate some form of character but the whole idea of having mc’s that are mute and are dependent on dialogue choices in the SMT games, is that it influences what ending you pick based on what your moral views are. Basically the game decides what outcome you receive for what you believe
SMT games don't exist in a vacuum, you know. There are plenty of games that keep rtack of what your character believes in. My point is that SMT games do an awful job at this because the dialogue systems are extremely limited for several reasons:

>player has little agency and can never be the driving force in a conversation or significantly alter the flow of conversation, since NPCs do 99.99% of the talking, completely unprompted
>responses can never be longer than a few words, meaning your responses can express almost nothing meaningful
>because the responses are so limited, it's almost impossible for them to convincingly convey a certain ideology or alignment. Because of this, the alignment system in SMT games is essentially complete nonsense. The responses that award law/chaos/neutral points have pretty much nothing to do with the philosophy behind those alignments
>dialogue has very little connection to the underlying RPG systems (when was the last time dialogues checked your stats, skills, items in your possession, etc.)?

When it comes to dialogue systems in RPGs, SMT easily has the worst I've ever experienced. I have no idea how anyone could think it has a good dialogue system.

Attached: 1555516508791.jpg (667x593, 242K)

p5's story isn't as bad as people claim it is, but i agree that it would be really interesting to see the smt version of the same themes.
the "dating sim" elements of persona are extremely overrated by both the fans and the haters.

>picard head
>"her"

Attached: kawaii.png (500x650, 77K)

Imagine how absolutely fucked up the planet would be if they fought on it.

Attached: FAB6192A-8C78-4516-950C-97C69111B261.jpg (700x700, 177K)

Attached: e91.jpg (2048x1536, 885K)

>High school teenagers as protagonists
>silent protagonists
>most of the old games are in first person
it's a stupid rule desu

I don't want to get into a debate on the plot of P5, but the theme of rebellion was pretty disappointing. The game has an interesting start, but around Kaneshiro's dungeon I started getting less immersed in the story until Futaba's dungeon. Okumura and Shido were disappointing as well since most of the endgame get overshadowed by the whole Yaldabaoth twist.

Should just treat IV as its own self-contained universe honestly. Backstories are different and power levels are very much different.

kaneshiro is a laughable arc. The plot overall was mediocre and i kinda wander how many writers that shit might have had

Dumb law fag

Attached: getting raped by lucifer.png (720x240, 108K)

>p5's story isn't as bad as people claim it is
>"dark" themes gets throw out of the window because the villain in turn is retarded/cartoony and its impossible to take him seriously
>Calendar system feels worse implemented than in p3 and p4
>Characters barely has any impact the moment their arc ends
I thought the lmao adults and #FuckSociety was a meme, but the final arc is literally WE LIVE ON A SOCIETY

Apparently P5 was originally a story about having a world trip or pulling heists with your gang while using Persona's, but Hashino changed it because of the earthquake. The concept art in the P5 design book suggests this as well. It sounds more creative than what we did get, so I'm kind of disappointed.

But demi-fiend is still alive seeing as how they managed to get an extract from his solar data and he appears in IMAGINE

Is there any reason to play the original over Redux?

Nope. Unless you're an artwork purist and want to see Kaneko's original designs for the characters.

So why wasnt the statue of liberty demon brought back as a chaos rep?
The mobile game revealed he was just using hazama to gain enought strengh to kill lucifer and take his place

Attached: 1540920832912.png (960x977, 1.58M)

Persona's calendar system is literally ripped from a dating sim. It is a dating sim with JRPG elements.

SMT has diverged enough to become its own thing this is just jap devs being opposed to change.

The original is harder than Redux, but if you want more of a challenge you could just not use all the apps. I wouldn't really recommend it though, all it does is make things more tedious, rather than requiring you to think more.

>p5's story isn't as bad as people claim it is, but i agree that it would be really interesting to see the smt version of the same themes.
It already happened, its called smt 2 and persona 2

>So why wasnt the statue of liberty demon brought back as a chaos rep?
He's not even really a proper Chaos rep of mythological origin. He's just a random demon who wants to overthrow Lucifer, who's already the primary Chaos rep. If you want a real Chaos rep to replace Lucifer, there's plenty of options.

>Game is about American soldiers going to a world consuming vortex with a few members of other nations onboard as part of an investigation crew
>All the Murricans speak Japanese
I know why Atlus didn't add English VAs but this is the one game where it'd make sense for the crew to speak English.

Attached: 1551890657878.jpg (640x853, 63K)

Jiminez is the only American though.

No, it's an actual multinational initiative. It's not just Murrica plus the other guys.
If anything it's Atlus USA burgerising as much of the cast as possible in the localisation. Except Jack's crew. Those evil Limeys.

But zurvan (the demon actual name) is a real workd mythological figure though
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zurvanism

Hearing Jiminez and Zelenin speak perfect fluent jap triggers my autism
>We could have had so many different accents
Actually, thinking about it, that's probably why they didn't bother.

I'd say a good chunk of the sector themes are pretty nice to listen to stand-alone, too. In particular the final sector theme is spectacular for not only perfectly setting the mood of that last stretch of the game but also for being beautiful to listen to on its own: youtube.com/watch?v=BNexp6P0JCg

Imagine Irving and Jimenez

They're a coalition backed by different countries, only Gore and the western version of MC are American.

>>Game is about American soldiers

Attached: images.png (273x185, 11K)

SMT 3 has some debate to be fair, neutral is a much more satisfying ending than TDE and has much better lead up. It's just that TDE is rad conceptually.

Dark Half
Hybrid Heaven
Deus Ex
Any Elder Scrolls game
Gothic
Risen

What do people find so amazing about TDE anyway? You just become bottom bitch forever.

I meant the lore you idiot. Thanks for proving me right

>the statue of liberty from if... is actually called zurvan
Neat

Attached: 1541262127955.jpg (1111x826, 179K)

TDE has the bonus dungeon and true final boss behind. The actual ending is gay as hell (become Lucy's bitch), Neutral is the only decent ending but you get robbed of a final boss.

>nu persona lore
Do we need to bring out persona fragments, how cronos has a fucking waifu, the power of dancing and how nyx is an ayy lmao?

only brainlets think the game is all about rebellion. anyone who actually paid attention to the ending knows that it was barely about rebellion at all.
i do agree that there's some serious pacing issues along the way, though. i'm assuming that all the problems they had and the changes they made throughout development eventually forced them to rush the game out before the story was 100% polished. i blame hackshino, because p3 had some of the worst pacing in the history of jrpgs and p4's writing process was supposedly a clusterfuck behind the scenes (which explains all the plot threads that get abruptly dropped midway through the game, like how everyone hates yosuke and his family because junes is destroying all the local businesses).

He was a mythological creature?
I though the demon was hazama

Attached: images-141.jpg (463x662, 45K)

I want another really sci-fi game like SMTII or Majin Tensei 2.
Like god, imagine that shit in 3D

Attached: kFUGuyh.jpg (2988x5312, 2.58M)

The fuck is wrong with the persona writters?

Attached: you fucking idiot.png (344x475, 192K)

>the power of dancing
>dissing the magic of dancing
Think about the times in this series where a problem could be resolved through grooving

>the final arc is literally WE LIVE ON A SOCIETY
you obviously didn't play the game, since the final arc was the opposite of that.
first, we learn that the phantom thieves weren't rebelling against society like they thought they were, they were really just puppets in yaldy's game all along.
next, in the final boss fight, they aren't doing shit to yaldy until tokyo starts cheering for them. in other words, they're powerless without society backing them up.
finally, after defeating yaldy, the phantom thieves come to terms with the fact that society's issues can only be fixed by professional adults like sae, not a bunch of high school kids who think they have all the answers.

>wanting randos over Takahiro Sakurai, Maaya Sakamoto, and Unsho Ishizuka (rip)
Yeah no, fuck off. Sakurai's performance is god tier and made Jimenez for me, and Gore's UUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO when breaking out of his mind control alone makes me glad the game never got dubbed.

Attached: A922B3C5-BF01-4027-A6DB-92DCD3ECFF55.gif (464x499, 163K)

>Gore's UUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO when breaking out of his mind control
I want to bitch about being spoiled on that, but I bought the game a year ago, so I deserve it.

Anyway, fuck Jap voice acting, I can't tell anyone apart by voice, only the gender.

I like to think he was powered up ala Guts from Berserk. He killed so many high tier demons, his suit and weaponry were infused with demonic power suited to kill not only Mem Aleph, but YHVH itself

i love p2 and there's definitely lots of similarities, but it's not quite the same thing.

Thats literally what i said :^)

>human technology puts the user on equal footing to a uber powerful deity.
If the demonicas were that good, then why did the Demon counter force become irrelevant and defunct

Based

Attached: The average DeSu playthrough.webm (720x404, 2.94M)

did ya miss the moment where everyone had their own persona in smt if

>Takahiro Sakurai, Maaya Sakamoto
Oh cool I can role-play FF7

probably by getting nuked or something

Thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=zmBss6Q96h4&list=PLjldK45UAIzl4UHqvGSte0DULa8qTkidq&index=11

Who is the best SMT protag and why is it fucking Spess Marheen?
I'll tell you why
>No "muh destiny" shit.
>Not a chosen one
>Not a twink highschool fag
>just a regular ol Human with no supernatural powers
>Slaughters endless hordes of demons with fucking guns and military training
>Suave as fuck soldier boy who uses his smooth talk to convince demons to be his personal canon fodder
>handsome as fuck
>fights fucking gods and shit with GUNS

I guess it kinda fits in with the direction newer SMT went. In SMT II human engineering with angelic guidance created a perfect messiah, in SMT III a random human given demonic powers by Lucifer becomes second only to Lucifer in strength, while in SMTIV and A a human who was gifted powers by a random god was more powerful than every other demon in the game while another more normal human messiah had an almighty attack that directly targets YHVH's weakness because reasons I guess?

Only SMT I felt somewhat grounded.

>akira literally becomes devilman
>the game literally tells you that hazama made a pact with demons to reach the top of the tower
>would he turn into a demond after getting all that power just like akira? Nah, he totally used a not persona to reach the top

If that's the case then what's the point of having a male MC? Might as well just make it a fucking blob.

Add Toshiyuki Morikawa (Sephiroth's VA) to the mix, he did Mastema.

>not a chosen one
>you're the only one with a real soul presence in the meeting with the wise men
>you're the only one the wise men take note of
>you're the only one they say has a special soul capable of changing outcomes
Sure if you ignore all of that I guess.

Flynn the only true normalfag of the series.
Does all the shit spess muhrine does, but never no matter what ending let go of his humanity.
He is 100% human untill the bitter end.

Attached: 1557098579801.jpg (272x750, 82K)

>Playing as a literal robot with no gender
Fuck, I dig it.

Hero's pretty cool too considering his reincarnation being only used for why snake cloaca wants him so bad and that he can crush rocks in his hands despite being of school age

I though the protagonist from if... was the true normalfag of the series
He/she doesnt even get a comp, they just steal a computer and insert a floppy disk

He is the reincarnation of Dad, ofcourse he is gonna be one bad motherfucker.

Attached: 1555669904619.png (1400x1000, 1.19M)

>demons getting clanked
>only the most logical AI can pick the right choices
>DSP already preinstalled
>Playable Cyber race for once

Attached: 1463786240213.png (478x459, 290K)

Wait doesnt the protag of Soul Hackers just do that too?

Yes. Redux is a soulless mess with horrifically designed new characters/demons and terrible new portraits. Space Larry is a fucking tumor and the fact that they made an SMT game with fucking lifebars should tip you off to how casualized it is, along with saving anywhere which removes any sense of tension or exploration, the entire point of SJ. It's terrible, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I don't know man, if you can't instantly identify someone like Takehito Koyasu you might be having a hearing problem.

>Bounty Sword
>LR
>Koudelka
>Multiple protagonists
What's wrong with having multiple protagonists either way?

>It's terrible, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
I'm telling you otherwise.

Here's your (You) if you crave it so much.

*CHARMED*

Attached: 1527432496577.png (722x833, 45K)

Also, Mem Aleph is one of the only entities in the series to fucking annihilate YHVH and seal him away permanently. Then Space Marine, who is just a guy with a fucking gun, killed her with the help of a few regular demons.

I have literal autism, and it makes picking up on voices harder, even though my hearing is physically fine.
Switching from English to Jap just adds an extra layer of difficulty due to unfamiliarity.

Don't let him.
I'm not baiting in the slightest, faggot.

All SMT is in its own universe

Not him, but I can pick out male seiyuus rather easily, but I always have a hardtime recognizing female seiyuus with the onky exceptions being Goku, Chopper, Nardo, shinji and Aoi yuuki.

>Space Marine, who is just a guy with a fucking gun
Don't do my boy dirty like that, he's so much more.

Redux is SJ but not shit

Only if you wish to experience the original DS version. Redux is recommended, but the DS is still playable.

Well yeah, but instead it's a fucking gun computer

Attached: rad.gif (480x270, 1.79M)

Why does everyone want to kill ma boy *record scratch*
Yeah hes more like a vending machine

Yeah, the Demonica is pretty fucking strong on its own. I also remember that he did have the power that Gore gives him in the neutral route, although I don't know if that amounted to anything beyond the ability to see Mem Aleph.

>>Persona 5 graphics, 3D models and combat interface
how about no persona is souless nocturne was peak kaneko style

Attached: 21525626.png (1127x1483, 835K)

I fucking love the demonica suit, even if it's not realistic at all. It reminds me of 1920s art nouveau sci-fi designs and looks properly alien, fit for a fantasy setting with gods and monsters.

Kaneko being a godlike artist helps too.

Attached: Demonica.jpg (340x500, 55K)

Apprently keeping it + cosmic eggs boost turned him into what he was during the Neutral + ending

>not dressing flynn up in any armoured torso + nibelungen booty shorts
siegfried is a cool design, but that armor looked so shitty

The Demonica is pretty absurd. Human scientists with no previous exposure to demonic energy (who never even realized demons existed) encountering various materials for the very first time manage to create and power-up a constantly evolving suit in a very short period of time.

it could lose the goofy smile

making papa proud in iv a was very satisfying

Attached: 1556361879351.png (434x536, 433K)

running around in the smtiv variants was badass, too bad the stats weren't the greatest

>it could lose the goofy smile
But that's part of the charm

Attached: 1466037758202.png (330x318, 168K)

i've never liked the helmet, it just looks weird.

Really hope V has two human party members + 4 demons like the classic games

Attached: 1557156552688.jpg (1200x1600, 1.01M)

>tell both your "friends" and Dagda to fuck off
>Your "friends" bitch abd moan at you for not trusting them
>Dagda on the other hand has never been prouder in his life and has a hearty kek while saying "That's my boyo."
Poppa bones is the absolute best.

Attached: 1474688214509.png (400x240, 82K)

>last 15% of SMT4A is just a god killing spree

Man I love that game

>nanashi in drag looks better than the IVA girls
What does it say about the game? What does it say about me?

Kaneko's humans are ugly as fuck

They look better in 3D

says a lot

Attached: 1524320201650.png (845x681, 373K)

I get why people hate this gane, but I loved being an edgy piece of shit.
I fucking relished in it and Dagda's route was just pure unbridled middkeschool edge and I loved it.

Attached: 1552004227338.png (800x1272, 390K)

It says you should start crossdressing.

Attached: d665f5dada7ba84eea868883af5c497e.jpg (1008x1408, 145K)

excuse me sir what the fuck was that?

Attached: Nagi.(Shin.Megami.Tensei-.Devil.Summoner).full.1191395.jpg (643x730, 210K)

Not even those with extremely recognizable voices like Miyuki Sawashiro, Atsuko Tanaka, or Yuko Kaida?

what's the general consensus on soul hackers, by the way?
playing through it now on 3ds and damn does it feel dated. fucking magnetite.
that "no loafing" part also just about gave me a stroke
i enjoy seeing its subtle influence on later titles though

Attached: Superior_robo_waifu_maid.png (397x767, 171K)

Attached: 1528088302878.jpg (839x720, 42K)

She's like the only character in that game without the shaded kaneko upper lip if you think about it

fanart's great and all, but the original design...

Attached: RKvKA-Nagi.jpg (256x584, 47K)

>How am I meant to identify with

kys if you think this way

Attached: 1287451516009.png (627x620, 222K)

>2d art
post the in game models

>only game that fits this is Nocturne
Wow what a unique opinion you hold. Nocturne being the only SMT game ever made.

You self victimizing mainline faggots are so tiresome. At least play the games if you're going to bitch and whine every thread.

You love cock

Attached: 1517588270332.png (496x700, 405K)

>that vacant brainwashed lawfag look
Vile.

Attached: 83456824.jpg (650x540, 95K)

cool suit but I agree the fan not of the helmet its lacking I'nm

Soul Hackers is great. Fun fast paced combat and 10/10 atmosphere and aesthetic

Attached: moevkqntnu1qigua1o1_500.jpg (500x707, 142K)

idk some of em are alright

Attached: Hiroko.png (763x2188, 1.22M)

Every game fits that.

Attached: 1557153906257.png (559x576, 351K)

No not really.
Only a few roles of kobayashi yuu, Yukarin and the elric brothers are the only other female voice actors that I can recognize.

I'd fuck nanashi no homo

Never liked nu-Kaneko's doll-like
aesthetic. Handdrawn was a lot better for him

Attached: HirokoSMTIIOriginal.jpg (1212x2296, 429K)

That's the chaosfag portrait what with the smirk and yellow irises

Attached: newkiko kys.png (144x233, 70K)

It's not high school students as protagonists, it's high school aged protagonists. The only 2 that differ from that are Aleph and SJ's protagonist. Aleph because he's literally weeks old sped up to about 21, and SJ's protagonist being in the military, most likely mid-20's to mid-30's. SMT1's Hero was said to be off high school age, Nocturne is obvious, Flynn is 18, and Nanashi is 15.

late 90's cyberpunk is definitely underappreciated.
i do wish the fusion/skills system was a little less screwy but I understand they were still working out the kinks at that point

Attached: 1393814522110.jpg (756x1612, 146K)

true, there's a lot more soul to be found in this style

Attached: f9449e47db9a284b00f6849600cebf08.jpg (1640x2416, 245K)

Huh, you're right. Anyway, FUCK the Schwarzwelt and FUCK demons.

Attached: 6224568.png (166x224, 55K)

Attached: 1527657692326.png (405x248, 110K)

Nice

Attached: 1527646371914.png (765x687, 200K)

>There's a full maid outfit
>Can only get Krishna's hat

I'm fucking mad.

>Yukari-Yuzu
Good fucking grief

Attached: 1527021952722.png (339x321, 72K)

Why is every game set in Tokyo? It gets a little boring seeing the same type of architecture style in every single game. I'd love a game set in New York City or London.

Attached: 1556730463736.png (1536x2048, 1.62M)

I actually have a dumb question for the /k/fags ITT. What's the closest IRL equivelant to that gun?

>personafags have to settle for stick figures
>thicc megami tensei meanwhile

Attached: 1527772739486.png (1204x1783, 1.9M)

user, are you okay?

Attached: 1548609839229.jpg (1636x1388, 530K)

Yukari just can't compete with Yuzu's yoohoos

Attached: c1985c053de395b77222ff2cceb35bd9.jpg (1000x1000, 190K)

>Go to gamestop today to pick up SMT4:A
>Guy at counter is a weeb and tells me he has only played Persona games not any mainline
>Tell him they're pretty fun and he should check them out if he liked persona
>Tells me they don't have it in stock but they could get it shipped
>Kind of want it now so just get the eshop cards
>Guy tries to get me preorder I know it's their job but no thanks on Persona Q2.
>The guy is probably browsing this thread on his phone or something

Say hello if you recognize me from this blog

I guess an AR15 with a front grip, custom fore-end. You need to find something a bit more blocky like a G36 though.

>fanbook
Now I need to read the whole thing

Because that's where the developers are from. London and New York also don't have the same mysticism about them that Tokyo does just due to the Shinto belief still being referenced to this day with festivals and shrines still being around. In addition, the vibe that SMT has is somewhat of an East vs. West mentality, with Judeo-Christian deities being foreign and somewhat like invaders to Japan. The Japanese are very superstitious as well, allowing for other religions to have more of a mystic hold on the populace, which makes having things like Aztec and Hindu deities seem to make more sense. Having it set anywhere in the world other than an otherworld like SJ or Tokyo doesn't make any sense. That's not to say that they couldn't just start in Tokyo and move somewhere else, where you would encounter different demons. I think that would work very well, honestly.

smt loves its tokyo-pride and nationalism. masakado's role/power in so many of the games highlights that

>SMT where you travel the world through terminaks to fight native gods
Sounds pretty cool

good shit

Attached: Inanna_SMTIVF.png (739x851, 550K)

I like the native american theme out of soul hackers, I want them to bring that back. Itd be cool if that was the NA level.

I mean, the original SMT was supposed to be a world trip from Tokyo and end up in Jerusalem. I can imagine they're just sitting on that concept for some future title.

Somebody say THICC?

Attached: 1556488752202.png (1280x1285, 633K)

Masakado was a mistake.
But I wouldnt mind the NDD's reappearing in future, even if they got regulated to Fiend like appearances

hoy there

Attached: 1557080386733.jpg (500x375, 43K)

Terminals feel like a somewhat wasted concept in this series.
Like the simple existence of a matter transporter being freely available should be something pretty big news wise

Hoy my friend.
How is your day?

Attached: 1443833958554.jpg (200x200, 10K)

Where'd he go?

Attached: 1549605285723.png (512x512, 586K)

lilith...easy on the humans

Mating press Lilith

Attached: 1556900208883.png (600x800, 142K)